PDA

View Full Version : Are there any openly gay/bi players in the league?

boozdawg
12-22-2010, 06:36 PM
just came to my mind. are there any gay or bi players in the NBA? i know lebron made the video admitting he was gay, but is he the only one?

EDIT: THE LEBRON VIDEO WAS A JOKE OBVIOUSLY. He has a kid, he isn't gay. I was referring to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI_7k4V_kk

haggis
12-22-2010, 06:37 PM
openly gay? no.

gay? possibly.

Hustlenomics
12-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Reggie Evans and Richard Jefferson

Joshtd1
12-22-2010, 06:40 PM
LeBron made a video admitting he was gay...:confused:

godolphins
12-22-2010, 06:41 PM
That would be a tragedy and most fans(including me) and players would try to get the player out of the NBA, there's no place for that at all.

Hoopsadvocate
12-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Man these lebron bash threads are getting creative now. in b4 close.

boozdawg
12-22-2010, 06:42 PM
That would be a tragedy and most fans(including me) and players would try to get the player out of the NBA, there's no place for that at all.

Why is there no place for being gay? It's not like they chose to be gay.

godolphins
12-22-2010, 06:43 PM
just came to my mind. are there any gay or bi players in the NBA? i know lebron made the video admitting he was gay, but is he the only one?

Maybe you saw that in your fantasy :laugh2:

nycsports2
i duno about the nba but troy polamalu is gay and dont tell me otherwise... the day he retires he will come out

Tony_Starks
So anyway.... Ghostface new album Apollo Kids is extremely dope! All I need is a new Little Brother album and Im straight:clap:

boozdawg
12-22-2010, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI_7k4V_kk

lebron video

godolphins
12-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Why is there no place for being gay? It's not like they chose to be gay.

Yes they do, and there's no place for that in the NBA because it's wrong

boozdawg
12-22-2010, 06:48 PM

Oh yeah? Go ahead, be gay. Try it. Try defying natural instincts and just become gay.

You can't. There examples of animals exhibiting gay behavior. It isn't something controllable, it is some sort of defect.

godolphins
12-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh yeah? Go ahead, be gay. Try it. Try defying natural instincts and just become gay.

You can't. There examples of animals exhibiting gay behavior. It isn't something controllable, it is some sort of defect.

It's not hard to put your **** in a girl private parts

ManOnFire
12-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Reggie Evans and Richard Jefferson
Yea i thought i heard a few years back that Richard Jefferson was gay.

boozdawg
12-22-2010, 06:53 PM

You are straying this off topic, just leave. You have made your ignorance evident, now be gone oh intolerant one.

Tony_Starks
12-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Did he really say "its not like they choose to be gay?" So they accidently fell on another guys rod one day? Get outta here thats a lifestyle choice!

As far as the mental defect garbage I got one word remedy for you: PSYCHOLOGIST

Or even better yet two words: STRIP CLUB

godolphins
12-22-2010, 06:55 PM
You are straying this off topic, just leave. You have made your ignorance evident, now be gone oh intolerant one.

Do you own me?
I'm just stating that a guy or girl chooses to be gay, there's no type of defect that make them that way.

godolphins
12-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Did he really say "its not like they choose to be gay?" So they accidently fell on another guys rod one day? Get outta here thats a lifestyle choice!

As far as the mental defect garbage I got one word remedy for you: PSYCHOLOGIST

Or even better yet two words: STRIP CLUB

That's what i'm saying :clap:

Storch
12-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Don't close this thread, I actually wana know. It's a good question. Just take the Lebron part out. Jefferson's Gay? I thought Gasol was gay but he has a hot girlfriend, Silvia lopez castro.

http://gallery.allwomenstalk.com/2010/08/Pau_and_Silvia_kiss/100823H4_CASTRO-GR_01.jpg
http://gallery.allwomenstalk.com/2010/08/Pau_and_Silvia_run/100813P3_GASOL_B-GR_01.jpg

netsgiantsyanks
12-22-2010, 06:59 PM

no they really don't. even though its not scientifically proven, its kinda obvious that people are born gay. it starts when they're little. i have a gay family member and my family said its been pretty obvious since he was like 5.

marvILLous
12-22-2010, 07:00 PM
john amaechi lol

arkanian215
12-22-2010, 07:02 PM

Doing it doesn't make you straight. You think all those folks in jail are gay? Gay means they prefer the same sex.

godolphins
12-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Don't close this thread, I actually wana know. It's a good question. Just take the Lebron part out. Jefferson's Gay? I thought Gasol was gay but he has a hot girlfriend, Silvia lopez castro.

http://gallery.allwomenstalk.com/2010/08/Pau_and_Silvia_kiss/100823H4_CASTRO-GR_01.jpg
http://gallery.allwomenstalk.com/2010/08/Pau_and_Silvia_run/100813P3_GASOL_B-GR_01.jpg

Gasol GF is hot!!!

ATX
12-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Do you own me?
I'm just stating that a guy or girl chooses to be gay, there's no type of defect that make them that way.

I've known several gay and lesbian people, and they do not choose to be gay. Why would someone choose a lifestyle that is not only taboo, but scorned and ridiculed. They are openly hated, for no other reason than their sexual orientation. It's sad, and your comments have no place in reality. If you think people can not be born gay, then wow. Go get educated.

kilgore2345
12-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Do you own me?

What is your proof that is a choice and not genetic, Professor?

There are gay people now, there have always been gay people, and there always will be.

I want you to exactly explain how another person's sexuality causes harm to you.

ATX
12-22-2010, 07:06 PM

It's not wrong, it's just different. What's wrong is your thinking.

godolphins
12-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Sorry about this ignorant comment

Skippy15
12-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Who gives a **** if someones gay or not? thats just so ignorant. First off these are NBA players. They dont effect you at all, Your not gonna go chill with them, Your watching them on tv. If you cant watch someone on tv for 2 hours because they are gay then you have real issues. Second off who gives a damn what people do in they're private lives? Its not yours or my business and it doesnt effect any of us so why the **** does it matter?

Cubsfan365
12-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Unbelievable ignorance in here right now. People don't just choose to be gay or straight, and taking a gay man to a strip club won't just magically cure their natural preference. And to say that there is no place in the NBA for gay people is ridiculous. They have just as much a right as anyone else to play in the NBA if they have the desire and the talent. Statistics show that there are undoubtedly gay men in the NBA, and probably more than we think.

Jemikz9Clutch
john amaechi lol

+1 he was on the news when he told the people that he was gay. he was already retired that time.

haggis
this hurts my head. ignorance FTW!!!!!!!!

godolphins
It's not wrong, it's just different. What's wrong is your thinking.

What is your proof that is a choice and not genetic, Professor?

There are gay people now, there have always been gay people, and there always will be.

I want you to exactly explain how another person's sexuality causes harm to you.

People are raise different kind of ways

EX: Jamaicans are raise to kill and hate gay people and i'm sure there's many different cultures that feel the same way

-Kobe24-TJ19-
oh lets do it again:sigh:

in before lock

203 Uconn LaL
12-22-2010, 07:10 PM

Totally agree.

EdGein812
12-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Are we talking about bowling?

haggis
12-22-2010, 07:12 PM

EX: Jamaicans are raise to kill and hate gay people and i'm sure there's many different cultures that feel the same way

Kill? Really?

I understand that a lot of cultures aren't tolearnt because of religious beliefs. But killing someone? Reeeeeeeeeeaallllyyyyyyyyyyy?

magichatnumber9
12-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Only children, classless ignorant adults and catholics are homophobes.

JWO35
12-22-2010, 07:13 PM
If a gay person was to play basketball it would probably be kinda like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKHR6oe52Q

saucy1
rudy gay lol

RZZZA
I dont know if there are any closeted gay guys in the NBA, but it would be hilarious to see a mincing gay guy in the NBA. Imagine him running or shooting. Wearing a pink headband. Too funny.

Tony_Starks
12-22-2010, 07:14 PM
no they really don't. even though its not scientifically proven, its kinda obvious that people are born gay. it starts when they're little. i have a gay family member and my family said its been pretty obvious since he was like 5.

Not entire true. Physiologically sometimes a baby's repructive organs aren't entirely formed at birth. Since they're composed of the same tissue the parents and Doctors are left to determine what sex should they be. Sometimes they guess wrong. Thats when people grow up and you here stuff like "Im a man in a womans body" or whatever. But that more of a transgender issue as opposed to a homosexual one.

As far as homosexuality goes research has shown a great deal of them (that admitted it) encountered some form of sexual abuse during childhood. When you have a traumatic experience that young it tends to alter your view towards sexuality and intimacy....

210Don
i dont see how this is relevant....

kilgore2345

Specific examples of how someone else's homosexuality is causing harm to you. I didn't ask for factoids about Jamaican culture; I want to know specifically how it causes you harm.

Hustlenomics
Al Jefferson is supposedly gay i heard this from a source of a source that has met him

lol

ATX
12-22-2010, 07:15 PM

Maybe you think about becoming a third world Jamaican citizen then.

Cubsfan365
12-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Only children, classless ignorant adults and catholics are homophobes.
That's not really fair. I don't care if people are gay and I am Catholic.

uprightciti
12-22-2010, 07:16 PM
brandon jennings could be

RZZZA
12-22-2010, 07:16 PM
I love gay guys. I love them every night.

Bruno
12-22-2010, 07:18 PM

When Magic Johnson tested HIV positive a lot of fans and some players, including some of the most ignorant and prejudice of the bunch (Karl Malone) were quick to say they didn't want him on the court, that they "didn't feel comfortable" having him remain in the league. To date the sentiment that Malone and others involved in the league shared represents one of the great-low points in league history. It represents intolerance and blatant ignorance; surely the league and people involved have grown more tolerant and have learned from the mistakes of the past.

Of corse there are gay or bi-sexual players. They just stay in the closet because the majority of sports fans think like the poster above. It's a business and they don't want to upset the customer.

Do you own me?

You guys have obviously never heard of Little Richard.

The physical act is a choice, the attraction and feeling towards someone is not a choice. And who are you to say the physical act is wrong? Are you referring to the Bible for your justification? There are more verses in the Bible condoning slavery than their are passages denouncing homosexuality.

godolphins
12-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Specific examples of how someone else's homosexuality is causing harm to you. I didn't ask for factoids about Jamaican culture; I want to know specifically how it causes you harm.

I never said it causes me any harm, It's not like I go out there and pick fights with them but I just don't agree with that

Klivlend
12-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Wasn't Richard Jefferson engaged to a hott chick like a year ago?

I remember at some assembly back in high school some gay rights guy said being gay was considered a psychological disorder up till 1992.

cargobox
12-22-2010, 07:20 PM
No homo

Time2Dieeee
12-22-2010, 07:21 PM
who cares! in before the Lock!

godolphins
Maybe you think about becoming a third world Jamaican citizen then.

I just gave an example, that doesn't mean I do it

RZZZA
I never said it causes me any harm, It's not like I go out there and pick fights with them but I just don't agree with that

who gives a crap if you agree or not?

you came in this thread spouting your bigotry, nobody asked you if you agree or disagree with anything

CHANGO
Seriously, what is the reason for this post?
To question the sexuality of a person to publicly ridicule him?
If an NBA player is gay, either by him, be happy and make your life, everyone does with their life what they want, if this good or bad, those are things political and religious, not I think in a forum NBA should speak of that.

Klivlend
12-22-2010, 07:22 PM
if everyone was gay, people would go extinct. homosexuality doesn't make much sense from a sociological perspective. take that for what it's worth

ya, i know, not much.

haggis
rudy gay lol

this^

Mudvayne91
Yeah Dolphin guy. While we are at it, let's ban African Americans too. Gays must choose to be gay cause they love getting ridiculed constantly by ignorant unintelligent people like you. I've only met a few gays, but I've never had a problem with any of them, especially due to their sexual preference. It amazes me that there is still this P.O.S. thinking in this country.

Joshtd1
12-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Don't see anything else productive coming out of this.