PDA

View Full Version : Are the Lakers in trouble ?

jzstud4
12-22-2010, 02:20 PM
The Lakers have Kobe and Pau both everyone else seems not to be helping ... Odom is having good games but is very unreliable and streaky... Other than that fisher is old and gets torn up by younger quicker guys artest is no were to be found and bynum is hurt every time he jumps... I think that the Lakers should make a move if they could trade bynumand artest for nene and anthony I would jump up and down!!!! or maybe just get another wing player instead of artest I know artest really helped us in the finals last year but we cant wait he has to start getting productive if we could get anthony and nene
fisher/blake
bryant/brownm
anthony/barnes/walton/ebanks
odom/joe smith/caracter
gasol/nene/ratliff/caracter
We would be loaded its just that bynum could be awesome but wtf are we going to do just wait until he has to trade value ? some one give me some thought lakers are going negative ...

boozdawg
12-22-2010, 02:21 PM
so much wrong with this thread

tdunk21
12-22-2010, 02:24 PM
what makes u think denver will want bynum and artest when they have an even more better offer from new jersey?

SteBO
12-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Lakers will be fine

farsouthside
12-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Lakers will be fine and they will be playing on an entire different level come playoff time

ManRam
12-22-2010, 02:26 PM
They are fine. Bringing in more and more stars isn't always the way to fix minor problems.
And no way would Denver trade Melo and Nene for Bynum and Artest. That's not who you trade for in order to rebuild.

beasted86
12-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Lakers forum?

On a side note, I've been quite annoyed for some time with NBA Forum mods moving threads into the Heat forum. Stop moving random threads there please.

CHANGO
12-22-2010, 02:29 PM
The Lakers will be fine, Artest helps on defense, Artest might not find its rhythm on offense, but soon it will.

BTW, I think this should be on the Lakers forum.

LanceUpperCut
12-22-2010, 02:30 PM
The Lakers are fine even though I don't see them as the overwhelming favorite like most do. Personally I think they have regressed a bit but if I was a betting man which I am I'd go with the Lake show.

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 02:37 PM
They should re-build. Kobe's too old. Gasol is too soft. Phil is just lucky. Artest isn't motivated anymore. Bynum is overrated. Fisher flops.

Lakers fans should know this already but they're all bandwagon fans who have no basketball knowledge whatsoever and just like the Lakers for Kobe...

Tony_Starks
12-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Its a well known fact that Lakers goof off throughout the regular season and play down to the level of competition.

Never stopped em from winning championships before, shouldn't stop em this year. It is what it is.....

Rivera
12-22-2010, 02:54 PM
alot wrong abt this thread

odom is the same streaky shooter he was when they won 2 chips

the lakers r just on cruise control...they will b fine

Bruno
12-22-2010, 02:56 PM
They should re-build. Kobe's too old. Gasol is too soft. Phil is just lucky. Artest isn't motivated anymore. Bynum is overrated. Fisher flops.

Lakers fans should know this already but they're all bandwagon fans who have no basketball knowledge whatsoever and just like the Lakers for Kobe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY

310Casper
12-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Lakers arent the best team in the league at the moment. Top 5 for sure, but not the best.

Luckily, that doesnt matter. The NBA championship is decided by whatever top 5 team is the hottest in April.

The Lakers have won the last 2 championships. And with pretty much the same team they currently have...same situations, same coach, same everything...

;)

Avenged
12-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Go Lakers..

SteBO
12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
alot wrong abt this thread

odom is the same streaky shooter he was when they won 2 chips

the lakers r just on cruise control...they will b fine

you worry too much abt threads

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 03:08 PM

What, I can't be a little sarcastic from time to time?

-Great video though.

Johnny_Chingas
12-22-2010, 03:26 PM

LMAO Thnx man I needed that today... :):clap:

sep11ie
12-22-2010, 03:27 PM
To the OP. Go practice falling down. We'll be there in a bit to catch you.

SensandRaps
12-22-2010, 03:30 PM

:facepalm:i really hope for your sanity that this was a sarcastic post, so much wrong in one post

venom518
12-22-2010, 03:31 PM
The Lakers are and will be fine. Don't let that little blowout last night fool you. Even the sun shines on a dog's ***** once in a while. The Lakers are still the best team. They may not have the best record but they are the best team. This is a team built for the playoffs. If it was one & done I would be nervous, but in a 7 game series not so much.

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 03:35 PM
:facepalm:i really hope for your sanity that this was a sarcastic post, so much wrong in one post

Read about 3 posts above yours, my friend.

venom518
12-22-2010, 03:37 PM

Heard this two championships ago. Come with some new material. But a hater's job is to hate, so I can't knock you for doing what you do best. So here's to you hater :cheers:...Merry Xmas!!!

210Don
12-22-2010, 03:49 PM
lol @ this hater fad seeming to be taking over the net.
just because you state your opinion . your a hater lol

Rivera
12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
you worry too much abt threads

what am i worrying abt??? cause i dont know what im worrying abt??

so maybe u can tell me how i am thinking

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 03:59 PM
what am i worrying abt??? cause i dont know what im worrying abt??

so maybe u can tell me how i am thinking

The only thing both of you should be worrying ABOUT is how to spell ABOUT.

macc
12-22-2010, 04:02 PM
As everyone said the Lakers will be fine. A good measuring stick for them will be the Miami game. I'm curious as to see how Artest and Barnes do on Lebron. in saying that, they do have Barnes now, a good peremeter defender. I don't think it would be a terrible idea at all for them to trade Artest for an athletic wing while they still have valule for Artest. Just a thought.

Rivera
12-22-2010, 04:05 PM
The only thing both of you should be worrying ABOUT is how to spell ABOUT.

nah i like abt instead u still knew it was abt

carnage101
12-22-2010, 04:09 PM
its not even xmas yet.... motivation... there is none for the lakers right now... i can't say i blame em as a fan i haven't gotten truly excited about a laker game all year

Sadds The Gr8
12-22-2010, 04:17 PM
this is nothing...people said the same thing about Boston last year. I don't know about u guys, but Boston taught me last year that the reg. season is useless if you're a championship caliber team. As long as u make it in the playoffs, you're fine.

llemon
12-22-2010, 04:18 PM
I hope the Lakers are in trouble.

Nets own their '11 first rounder.

shep33
12-22-2010, 04:20 PM
The thing that I look at is this... realistically how many teams, with HCA or without, can beat the Lakers 4 out of 7 times? That's a really tough task, and even if Dallas or the Spurs get HCA, I'd still have my money on the Lakers.

Robbw241
12-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Hopefully so their pick is in the low 20s :pray:

thekmp211
12-22-2010, 04:24 PM
really?

shep33
12-22-2010, 04:31 PM
We're the laziest and most arrogant team in the league by a mile... this team often has no motivation at times, and as a fan its frustrating to watch. It's been going on for years though, we've done this last year, the year before, and when we had Shaq.

justinnum1
12-22-2010, 04:31 PM
I doubt the laker get the 1st seed, so in that sense, they are in trouble of losing home court advantage.

Tony_Starks
12-22-2010, 04:55 PM
I doubt the laker get the 1st seed, so in that sense, they are in trouble of losing home court advantage.

don't need it. As long as their record is better than Boston and Orlando at the end of the day they're straight.

ldawg
12-22-2010, 04:58 PM
As everyone said the Lakers will be fine. A good measuring stick for them will be the Miami game. I'm curious as to see how Artest and Barnes do on Lebron. in saying that, they do have Barnes now, a good peremeter defender. I don't think it would be a terrible idea at all for them to trade Artest for an athletic wing while they still have valule for Artest. Just a thought. I too am not feeling Artest with Kobe again this year. Their starting 5 don't have any high fliers and don't seem to be active and don't spread the floor. I don;t think Artest game has fall off i just don't think he is a good complement to Bryant now that he is not as athletic as he once was not to mention his mingled hand. I think a more up tempo wing that hits the three would be a better fit. I felt the same last year and they won so i could be wrong. Like you I want to see how he plays Lebron. Something tells me he won't be able to.

RaiderLakersA's
12-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Its a well known fact that Lakers goof off throughout the regular season and play down to the level of competition.

Never stopped em from winning championships before, shouldn't stop em this year. It is what it is.....

Very plausible.

Some teams are built to dominate the regular season, and they do. But when the playoffs roll around and the field is narrowed, they are exposed.

Other teams...far fewer, mind you...are built to go the distance in the playoffs. While their talent level will keep them in the hunt during the regular season, these wolves really don't show their teeth until it's playoff time.

Sounds ludicrous and counterintuitive? You bet! But how else do you account for the C's last year, and the aforementioned Lakers under Phil Jackson pretty much every year that they've gone to the Finals? Only Muhammed Ali had a better "rope a dope" technique. :D

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-22-2010, 05:04 PM

looooooooooooooooooooool

Tony_Starks
12-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Very plausible.

Some teams are built to dominate the regular season, and they do. But when the playoffs roll around and the field is narrowed, they are exposed.

Other teams...far fewer, mind you...are built to go the distance in the playoffs. While their talent level will keep them in the hunt during the regular season, these wolves really don't show their teeth until it's playoff time.

Sounds ludicrous and counterintuitive? You bet! But how else do you account for the C's last year, and the aforementioned Lakers under Phil Jackson pretty much every year that they've gone to the Finals? Only Muhammed Ali had a better "rope a dope" technique. :D

True indeed. Plus Phil is the kind of coach that doesn't mind losing a game to learn a lesson or prove a point. He's more of a psychologist.....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-22-2010, 05:14 PM
No, if they beat San Antonio after Miami, but now I'm a little worried

SteBO
12-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Lakers will be okay. They don't even need HCA imo. They're that deep

Hustlenomics
12-22-2010, 05:28 PM
they're fine until they play the celtics in the finals

Kevj77
12-22-2010, 05:37 PM
If anyone remembers the Lakers limped into the playoffs last years losing 7 of their last 11. Then got taken 6 games in the first round by OKC. People asked this same question last year. What drives me nuts about the Lakers is that they overlook teams, play down to the level of competition and try to "flip the switch" or win by playing hard for a quarter or two instead of 48 minutes.

They look bored at times, but pick it up when they have to. This can backfire though and they can be beat because of it.

Jonathan2323
12-22-2010, 05:39 PM
The Lakers are not a lock to make the finals like most people think.

210Don
12-22-2010, 06:10 PM
well see when they play play spurs mavs heat celtics and see if they still struggle. then well make a conclusion

Jenceman
12-22-2010, 06:20 PM
well see when they play play spurs mavs heat celtics and see if they still struggle. then well make a conclusion

No, you can't make any conclusions until the playoffs.

Tony_Starks
12-22-2010, 06:24 PM
The Lakers are not a lock to make the finals like most people think.

They haven't been "a lock" any of the past three seasons, but they still made it. There's always some supposed team thats supposed to be able to take them out of the West but it aint happened yet.

The way I look at it is the major weakness last year was the bench and they still got a chip. Now with the bench waaaaaay better it should be a wrap IMO.

Bruno
12-22-2010, 07:33 PM
What, I can't be a little sarcastic from time to time?

-Great video though.

haha, no you can. It was just the perfect opportunity to post the video without actually seriously calling somebody out.

Iron24th
12-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Very surprised by the love and the respect to the Lakers,I thought this type of thread would have been an opportunity for the haters to demolish the Lakers.

I guess,you earn some respect when you're a back to back champion.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 08:57 PM
The Lakers will play hard when it matters. When you're back to back champs, you get bored with the regular season, especially early. This is what we're seeing with the Lakers right now. They have no motivation because they've already accomplished what they wanted to accomplish back to back seasons. They may end up doing what Boston did last year. Give guys some rest, so they're healthy when the playoffs come around. It makes sense and they should do it. They've earned that right.

magic0320
12-22-2010, 11:36 PM
I remember 08 Spurs are supposed to beat them

09 Denver and Hornets(beginning of the season)

and last year Mavs

it's always same every year that people want to see lakers lose to someone