PDA

View Full Version : Lakers-Heat Priciest Regular-Season Ticket In StubHub's History

JordansBulls
12-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Link (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-heat-lakers-tickets-1222-20101221,0,1604873.story)

When the 2010-11 NBA schedule was released this summer, fans figuratively circled Christmas Day on their calendars for what's been billed as a potential NBA Finals matchup between the Heat and the Los Angeles Lakers.

Judging from the brisk sales and lofty ticket prices on the secondary sales market, it's also the hottest ticket of the season. Sales prices on StubHub.com have ranged from $106 to $2,974 with an average sales price of $552.

The average price for the Cleveland Cavaliers versus the Lakers last Christmas Day averaged $417, StubHub spokeswoman Joellen Ferrer said. Demand and total sales have outpaced that game, and this year's game is expected to be the top-selling in gross sales for the season, she said.

"Fans have earmarked this game since schedules were announced and the anticipation has heightened now that we're drawing closer to the big game," Ferrer said. "The $552 average marks this game as the priciest regular season NBA game in our company's 10-year history, clearly indicating that fans are willing to spend a few extra bucks to be at Staples Center on Christmas Day."

SteBO
12-22-2010, 11:28 AM
:speechless:

Basketash
12-22-2010, 11:36 AM
God Damn, for that kind of money i would want them to sing me a sing at the end of the game and some figure skating from LeBron, that's some serious money...

tangent12
12-22-2010, 11:37 AM
A tad too much just to see the Heat get slapped around and embarrassed in what should be one of the less competitive games of the year.

J_M_B
12-22-2010, 11:43 AM
A tad too much just to see the Heat get slapped around and embarrassed in what should be one of the less competitive games of the year.

Wow.. I've seen a lot of hate on this forum, but, you are by far the biggest Heat hater. To an extend, which is it annoying. Seriously get over yourself.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 11:47 AM

Stop posting

ATX
12-22-2010, 11:51 AM

This kind of hater crap is why I find it hard to be a member of PSD sometimes. Just like the Lakers got slapped around by the Bucks last night? Anything can happen, and this Heat team has the ability to beat anyone in the league, with the exception being Dallas, lol. It's the marquee Christmas matchup, and should a great game to watch. Both teams will be up for this one. Your post was obviously just to inflame and bait Heat fans, so congrats! I'm sure it will work, unless it gets deleted as it should.

Duddy
12-22-2010, 11:52 AM

LOL, U mad?

Basketash
12-22-2010, 11:54 AM
LOL, U mad?

He mad.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Should be a gud game

tangent12
12-22-2010, 12:01 PM
U .. MAD?

Just my opinion and I can back it up with reasons if you want me to.

The Lakers are a veteran ball club, they have that championship chemistry and they are the most solid team out of the two. They are good and solid at all of the positions.

Heat lack good point guards, the Lakers don't.
Heat lack good, agile and crafty bigs, the Lakers don't.
Heat lack a good bench, the Lakers don't.

Seriously, how is this game supposed to be competitive at all? Heat don't stand a chance with three good players and a d-league cast. And like I previously stated, the Lakers just like the Celtics, have been playing together for a while now. They have the experience and the chemistry that you can only get by playing for years and winning championships together.

Not to mention this game will be under some kind of spotlight due to the way it's been hyped. Solid veteran teams know how to play well under the spotlight and pressure, the Heat have showed us they don't. They have failed numerous times with teams over .500 quite badly through the season so far. How on earth do you expect them to even compete with the champions in a spotlight game with a crappy cast (and all the reasons already stated above)?

Let's get realistic here.

king4day
12-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Maybe it's just me but since the Heat had struggled out of the gate, it makes me less interested in this game. I was expecting a monster truck to face LA.
They're good obviously, but I just don't have much interest.

CB29
12-22-2010, 12:03 PM
U .. MAD?

The Lakers are a veteran ball club, they have that championship chemistry and they are the most solid team out of the two. They are good and solid at all of the positions.

Seriously, how is this game supposed to be competitive at all? Heat don't stand a chance with three good players and a d-league cast. And like I previously stated, the Lakers just like the Celtics, have been playing together for a while now. They have the experience and the chemistry that you can only get by playing for years and winning championships together.

Not to mention this game will be under some kind of spotlight due to the way it's been hyped. Solid veteran teams know how to play well under the spotlight and pressure, the Heat have showed us they don't. They have failed numerous times with teams over .500 quite badly through the season so far. How on earth do you expect them to even compete with the champions in a spotlight game with a crappy cast (and all the reasons already stated above)?

Don't forget the fact that Kobe is angry cause he got tossed...If i wasn't picking the lakers before, i sure am now...

Basketash
12-22-2010, 12:04 PM
U .. MAD?

If the Bucks can smackdown the Lakers in Staples then i think it's pretty much safe to assume the Heat also can, not saying it'll be easy or anything but i think we do have a chance.

It'll be a good game.

tangent12
12-22-2010, 12:05 PM
If the Bucks can smackdown the Lakers in Staples then i think it's pretty much safe to assume the Heat also can, not saying it'll be easy or anything but i think we do have a chance.

It'll be a good game.

You and I know teams like the Lakers turn it up a notch when they need to and when it counts. That's what separates the elite from the good.

Basketash
12-22-2010, 12:08 PM
You and I know teams like the Lakers turn it up a notch when they need to and when it counts. That's what separates the elite from the good.

That's true. But this game really doesn't matter that much. No matter who wins the playoffs are still to far, that's where it really counts.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 12:10 PM
U .. MAD?

You clearly don't understand how good Miami is. They're not as good or cohesive as L.A. or Boston yet, but they are getting there. BTW, when healthy, Miller aint no scrub, and James Jones leads the league in 3PT%. UD's solid too, bt he isn't playing. Saying our supporting cast is crappy compared to some other teams is a hater comment. Anything can happen in the NBA, and if you watch for once, you would know that but you clearly don't. Milwaukee whooped L.A. last night. Miami will be up for the game just as much as L.A., if not more. Think rationally please on both sides of the fence before you post. Thank you. :clap:

WeAreClutch
12-22-2010, 12:27 PM
im mad

mjt20mik
12-22-2010, 12:33 PM
You clearly don't understand how good Miami is. They're not as good or cohesive as L.A. or Boston yet, but they are getting there. BTW, when healthy, Miller aint no scrub, and James Jones leads the league in 3PT%. UD's solid too, bt he isn't playing. Saying our supporting cast is crappy compared to some other teams is a hater comment. Anything can happen in the NBA, and if you watch for once, you would know that but you clearly don't. Milwaukee whooped L.A. last night. Miami will be up for the game just as much as L.A., if not more. Think rationally please on both sides of the fence before you post. Thank you. :clap:

If only more people would. :(

But yeah, this game is going to be fun to watch.

Antipod
12-22-2010, 12:36 PM
i think i`ll pas, too much for my wallet :D:D

jimbobjarree
12-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Maybe it's just me but since the Heat had struggled out of the gate, it makes me less interested in this game. I was expecting a monster truck to face LA.
They're good obviously, but I just don't have much interest.

agreed, I was expecting both teams to be bulletproof, but both have dissapointed. Shouldn't really get too excited over regular season games anyway.

I'm still gunna watch though

KeepMonta#8
12-22-2010, 12:46 PM
U .. MAD?

You sir are a Epic Fail :clap:

beasted86
12-22-2010, 01:02 PM

Considering they just got beaten at home last night by a below .500 team, and were down by 15 before Kobe got ejected, I don't see how you can say that. They also lost just last year on Christmas to the Cavs and were blown out at home. They don't take these regular season games too seriously like it's the end of the world if they lose that one game, and neither will the Heat who is also a veteran team. It's just one game, and it will be competitive and entertaining.

You just seem to be sour and mad for whatever reason. Lighten up and get a life buck-o.

NYG/NYC-RK
12-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Thats strange. When I was looking at Knicks Heat tickets it seemed like the starting price was 150 and I saw up to $5700 for courtside

kntresistheheat
12-22-2010, 01:17 PM
U .. MAD?

So what happens if the Heat wins??:confused: What is going to be your excuse? That we have 3 superstars? The lakers don't take regular game seriously? Wait until the playoffs Lakers have a different team? Bynum is not 100%? This year the lakers has only beat ONE team above 500. and are losing against teams that they should win against....and trust me the lakers dont want to fall to far behind because REMEMBER' they would want that 1 seed for home court advantage! Lakers is not getting any younger and kobe is pretty banged up, So they would want home court advantage!

69centers
12-22-2010, 01:19 PM
The game means diddly squat, as we're the best team in the league and will win it all anyway. :D :win:

SteBO
12-22-2010, 01:55 PM
The game means diddly squat, as we're the best team in the league and will win it all anyway. :D :win:

Oh we haven't forgotten about you guys, we'll take care of you at some point :D

beasted86
12-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Thats strange. When I was looking at Knicks Heat tickets it seemed like the starting price was 150 and I saw up to $5700 for courtside

I'm not sure, but maybe you were looking on Ticketmaster... they are different.

Ticketmaster tickets for all Heat games are inflated.

Jonathan2323
12-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Top 3 players in the world on the same court.

That alone is worth the price of the tickets

boozdawg
12-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Top 3 players in the world on the same court.

That alone is worth the price of the tickets

Wad, top 3? :laugh:

He isn't top 3 buddy. Dirk is better, Dwight is better, Rose is better.

kntresistheheat
12-22-2010, 02:14 PM

Who is wad:confused: and if you mean WADE?? Those guys you just mentioned is not better then WADE:rolleyes:

Jonathan2323
12-22-2010, 02:15 PM

Here we go. :rolleyes:

boozdawg
Who is wad:confused: and if you mean WADE?? Those guys you just mentioned is not better then WADE:rolleyes:

Typical heat fan, attacking a typo instead of putting up a legitamite argument. And yes, the guys I mentioned are better than Wade. Just look up the stats. Dwight and Dirk are definitely better. Rose and Wade are close, but I'll take the PPG, assists, and three point percentage from Rose over Wade's.

*Superman*
Ridiculous. I rather buy a new TV and probably NBA League Pass rather than spend that much for 1 game.

justinnum1
12-22-2010, 02:16 PM

:facepalm:

Shkelqim
12-22-2010, 02:17 PM
U .. MAD?

The Bucks just destroyed the Lakers without their best player. Honestly, this post got me mad. The Heat have LeBron, Wade, Bosh. They won't need a bench to beat the Lakers. I can't stand how much trash they talk. Your gonna be a witness, the lakers are going to be witnesses. I'm going to be a witness everyone watching will be a witness of LeBron, Wade and Bosh murdering the Lakers. Grow up kid, have some respect for your elders especially in a NBA Forum

SteBO
12-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Typical heat fan, attacking a typo instead of putting up a legitamite argument. And yes, the guys I mentioned are better than Wade. Just look up the stats. Dwight and Dirk are definitely better. Rose and Wade are close, but I'll take the PPG, assists, and three point percentage from Rose over Wade's.

You, my friend, are dillisional. :rolleyes:
Dirk better than Wade is laughable in itself, but Dwight and Rose being better than wade. Buddy, get over yourself and come back down to earth. :rolleyes:

ATX
12-22-2010, 02:39 PM

FAIL :facepalm:

*Superman*
12-22-2010, 02:41 PM
You, my friend, are dillisional. :rolleyes:
Dirk better than Wade is laughable in itself, but Dwight and Rose being better than wade. Buddy, get over yourself and come back down to earth. :rolleyes:

Dwight is having a career year, I don't see what is so funny.

boozdawg
12-22-2010, 02:41 PM
I like how all heat fans can say is "fail", ":facepalm:", and things along the line of "OMG CANT BELIEVE YOU LOL".

I wonder what the reasoning is behind the majority of them having poor grammar and debating skills. There must be a correlation between age and likelihood to become a bandwagon fan...

SteBO
12-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Dwight is having a career year, I don't see what is so funny.

Dwight better than Wade is laughable, sorry. He's having a career year, yes, i can agree with that, but let's not get carried away.

D Roses Bulls
12-22-2010, 02:44 PM
are people really gettin that mad cause tangent said he thinks its a tad too much? seriously people, there are more pressing issues in this world to get mad at then what somebody says about your sports team.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 02:49 PM
I like how all heat fans can say is "fail", ":facepalm:", and things along the line of "OMG CANT BELIEVE YOU LOL".

I wonder what the reasoning is behind the majority of them having poor grammar and debating skills. There must be a correlation between age and likelihood to become a bandwagon fan...

I like how most bulls fans make ridiculous statements just to bait and start problems. (Clearly it's worked). Your entire post has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. Since you clearly have nothing reasonable to say, don't post anymore.

*Superman*
12-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Dwight better than Wade is laughable, sorry. He's having a career year, yes, i can agree with that, but let's not get carried away.

I'm not. You just don't count the effect he has on the defensive end. And Wade is only averaging 2 more points a game so let's not get carried away.

D Roses Bulls
12-22-2010, 02:51 PM

Oh please I love wade, but Dwight is clearly more valuable and if riley had the chance to trade wade for dwight, he would do it in a heart beat.

boozdawg
12-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not. You just don't count the effect he has on the defensive end. And Wade is only averaging 2 more points a game so let's not get carried away.

And Dwight's efficiency is ridiculous. Dwight is the better player, that guy is just a Wade homer.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Oh please I love wade, but Dwight is clearly more valuable and if riley had the chance to trade wade for dwight, he would do it in a heart beat.

I cud see that, bt no

Bruno
12-22-2010, 02:53 PM
I'll wait for a play-off game to spend that kinda money. Or the all-star game.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 02:54 PM
And Dwight's efficiency is ridiculous. Dwight is the better player, that guy is just a Wade homer.

:rolleyes:

D Roses Bulls
12-22-2010, 02:56 PM
I cud see that, bt no

I bet if you made a thread on here, I bet even psd who overwhelmingly vote they would trade wade for dwight if they were the heat.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 02:56 PM

I'm discounting Howard. Wade's better, end of story. Love D12, but i'd rather have wade. :shrug:

SteBO
12-22-2010, 02:58 PM
I bet if you made a thread on here, I bet even psd who overwhelmingly vote they would trade wade for dwight if they were the heat.

Okay, wat does that mean? It isn't happening, so it's a non story

king4day
12-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Guys please keep this thread on topic. It's gone from ticket prices to a Wade/Howard talent debate.

beasted86
12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
How does a Lakers-Heat ticket pricing thread turn into a Heat/Bulls bash thread?

Answer: People with nothing better to do.

Like I told the other bitter fan who was posting nonsense, you guys need to lighten and get a life. I seriously pray this isn't how you are spending your whole Christmas vacations or free time during the busy holidays. SMH.

Wade_County
12-22-2010, 03:07 PM

Care to make a sig bet on "slapped around"??

Caution1011
12-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah I would do it only because the Heat have LeBron also :eyebrow:. By having him in the Heat you have a super team that can never lose with LeBron, Bosh and D12 chill. That would be like the Monstars:speechless:

SteBO
12-22-2010, 03:09 PM
It seems like every thread turns into a Heat/Bulls clash :sigh:

Khri
12-22-2010, 03:10 PM

You would expect they would shut up after getting blow out by the Bucks:laugh::laugh::laugh:

SteBO
12-22-2010, 03:13 PM
You would expect they would shut up after getting blow out by the Bucks:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tangent's a bulls fan. He hates the heat more than likes the Lakers. But he speaks foolishness

Klivlend
12-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Wow.. I've seen a lot of hate on this forum, but, you are by far the biggest Heat hater. To an extend, which is it annoying. Seriously get over yourself.
+1

Stop posting
+1

LOL, U mad?
+1

He mad.
+1

And, I'm not a Heat fan.

beasted86
12-22-2010, 03:14 PM
It seems like every thread turns into a Heat/Bulls clash :sigh:

What's most disappointing is that so many fall for the easy bait. Some haters make their agenda so transparent, yet so many can't resist arguing nonsense.

:pity:

ATX
12-22-2010, 03:15 PM

The comment was a fail first of all because it's sole intent was to disrepect Heat fans, but we're used to it by now. All you haters do is just spew hate at every turn onto us. It's sad really, that you have to try and put us down all the time. Does it make you feel like more of a man to put others down on the internet? Like I said, sad...Most adults that pursue greater life goals usually grow out of that phase at least by college. The comment, secondly was a fail because Dirk, Rose, and Howard are not as good as Wade. Dirk is a better shooter sure, Rose maybe a better passer, Howard is taller... Wade is better all around by far than all of those players, epecially Rose and Howard. They're all great players, but Wade is better and you know it. Wade will end up with more titles, I can almost gaurantee that, and he already proved who stepped up in the finals when playing against non-other than Dirk at that...Who receeded into the shadows when the spotlight was brightest.

Khri
12-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Tangent's a bulls fan. He hates the heat more than likes the Lakers. But he speaks foolishness

Lol why is always a Bulls fan? what's up with this Chicago people always talking crap about us? I swear they love us :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
12-22-2010, 03:17 PM
lol some of you guys never cease to amaze me

SteBO
12-22-2010, 03:19 PM
What's most disappointing is that so many fall for the easy bait. Some haters make their agenda so transparent, yet so many can't resist arguing nonsense.

:pity:

I know, it's really a shame :pity:

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 03:20 PM

If I was drafting a team and I had to choose between Wade and Dwight, I'd take Dwight. That's nothing against Wade but I think Dwight can do more for me. Take Wade off the Heat and put Dwight in there and they may have lost maybe 4 games.

I don't know how you rank your players but I will take a center/defensive anchor, who can score over a sg who lives off his athleticism.

Wade is an incredible player but the day that guy's legs start to go, he will be half the player he is now. Jordan and Kobe had/have all-around offensive games... Wade does not.

Dwight isn't gonna shrink any time soon and is absolutely the most important player to his team in the entire league.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 03:21 PM
The comment was a fail first of all because all it's sole intent was to disrepect Heat fans, but we're used to it by now. All you haters do is just spew hate at every turn onto us. It's sad really, that you have to try and put us down all the time. Does it make you feel like more of a man to put others down on the internet? Like I said, sad...Most adults that pursue greater life goals usually grow out of that phase at least by college. The comment, secondly was a fail because Dirk, Rose, and Howard are not as good as Wade. Dirk is a better shooter sure, Rose maybe a better passer, Howard is taller... Wade is better all around by far than all of those players, epecially Rose and Howard. They're all great players, but Wade is better and you know it. Wade will end up with more titles, I can almost gaurantee that, and he already proved who stepped up in the finals when playing against non-other than Dirk at that...Who receeded into the shadows when the spotlight was brightest.

Boozdawg doesn't even have 20 posts yet, and he's already posting stuff to bait. It'll never end.

Cano4prez
12-22-2010, 03:22 PM

:facepalm:

SteBO
12-22-2010, 03:23 PM
If I was drafting a team and I had to choose between Wade and Dwight, I'd take Dwight. That's nothing against Wade but I think Dwight can do more for me. Take Wade off the Heat and put Dwight in there and they may have lost maybe 4 games.

I don't know how you rank your players but I will take a center/defensive anchor, who can score over a sg who lives off his athleticism.

Wade is an incredible player but the day that guy's legs start to go, he will be half the player he is now. Jordan and Kobe had/have all-around offensive games... Wade does not.
Dwight isn't gonna shrink any time soon and is absolutely the most important player to his team in the entire league.

:facepalm: you're kidding right

Khri
12-22-2010, 03:26 PM

How is this guy not banned yet?

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 03:32 PM
:facepalm: you're kidding right

Without all the facepalms and all that other nonsense....

I have been watching basketball for a long, long time. I am not here to talk **** about the heat, I can care less about them. I respect wade, I think he is one of the most unique talents I will ever get to see play.

With that said,

I think, as do many others, that Jordan and Kobe were able to significantly change their games as their career's went on. I haven't seen Wade change at all... Put either Jordan or Kobe in any situation on the floor and they have a move to get out of it. Kobe's legs have clearly diminished, but his offensive skills are possibly better. He is not nearly as flashy, doesn't dunk much anymore either, but can post people up at will, has incredible footwork and can shoot the hell out of the ball.

Wade is a slasher. He is a very streaky shooter and travels more times than not when he has the ball. I am not trying to diminish his skills but I seriously believe his offensive game is not nearly at the same level as a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant or even a guy like Carmelo Anthony. Anthony is a pure scorer who can score, consistently, from multiple ways. Wade is built off getting to the hoop and slashing. I believe that once his legs go, he will have a lot more problems than Jordan did, Kobe currently does, and Carmelo will.

-And I don't want to see you talk about watching Michael Jordan play because if you were around back then, there's no way you would be using Facepalms, smiley face's, and all that other garbage.

kntresistheheat
12-22-2010, 03:37 PM

Lots of players are having a better year then Kobe, So are you saying that those players are better then kobe?? You cant say just because a player is having a great year (30) games in mind you, that they are better player overall! When wade numbers were of the charts 2 years ago, everyone was still saying that kobe and lebron are the best players in the league and thats including myself.

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Lots of players are having a better year then Kobe, So are you saying that those players are better then kobe?? You cant say just because a player is having a great year (30) games in mind you, that they are better player overall! When wade numbers were of the charts 2 years ago, everyone was still saying that kobe and lebron are the best players in the league and thats including myself.

You guys are not taking into account the importance of the 2 positions.

--Of course Wade will have better offensive numbers than a Center. Dwight however is the best defensive big in the league, he is athletic, is progressing nicely on the offensive end, and did I mentioned he was a big man. He is the anchor to your defense.

Wade is great, but you can find scoring shooting guards all over. Granted, none of them are as talented as Wade right now.

There is nothing even remotely close to Dwight Howard right now in the NBA.

kntresistheheat
12-22-2010, 03:44 PM

I have been watching basketball for a long, long time. I am not here to talk **** about the heat, I can care less about them. I respect wade, I think he is one of the most unique talents I will ever get to see play.

With that said,

I think, as do many others, that Jordan and Kobe were able to significantly change their games as their career's went on. I haven't seen Wade change at all... Put either Jordan or Kobe in any situation on the floor and they have a move to get out of it. Kobe's legs have clearly diminished, but his offensive skills are possibly better. He is not nearly as flashy, doesn't dunk much anymore either, but can post people up at will, has incredible footwork and can shoot the hell out of the ball.

Wade is a slasher. He is a very streaky shooter and travels more times than not when he has the ball. I am not trying to diminish his skills but I seriously believe his offensive game is not nearly at the same level as a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant or even a guy like Carmelo Anthony. Anthony is a pure scorer who can score, consistently, from multiple ways. Wade is built off getting to the hoop and slashing. I believe that once his legs go, he will have a lot more problems than Jordan did, Kobe currently does, and Carmelo will.

-And I don't want to see you talk about watching Michael Jordan play because if you were around back then, there's no way you would be using Facepalms, smiley face's, and all that other garbage.

If you have been watching basketball for a long time, then you should know that Jordan did not really developed a post game and a consistent jump shot until he got to his 30's......and wade is what 28???

Give him a chance, he will slow down soon and when he does he realize that to stay in the league and be affective he has to develop a post game or a killer jump shot like kobe:D

SteBO
12-22-2010, 03:44 PM

With that said,

FYI I have a bunch of MJ's playoffs games, so don't jump conclusions please.

Facepalms are available for anyone to use so I can use them as i please. Besides, it's irrelevant to the topic so don't even mention it anymore.

Secondly, Michael Jordan travels more times than not as well as Kobe also, so don't be singling out Wade for it. Heck, LeBron does it too, officials don't run around following it all game long.

Lastly, if you watch Wade play, he also can post up smaller guards. He just doen't do it enough since the offense is structured differently. Remember MJ and Kobe played for Phil Jackson and the triangle offense REQUIRES their offensive versatility. Wade doesn't have to do that here.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 03:47 PM

--Of course Wade will have better offensive numbers than a Center. Dwight however is the best defensive big in the league, he is athletic, is progressing nicely on the offensive end, and did I mentioned he was a big man. He is the anchor to your defense.

Wade is great, but you can find scoring shooting guards all over. Granted, none of them are as talented as Wade right now.

Still doesn't mean Dwight's better than Wade, srry.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
U .. MAD?

The Cavs won last year with Lebron having Mo and Varejao. I'm sure they can still make it competitive.

The Lakers also have a losing record to teams over .500.

And Wade, Bosh and LBJ are arguably the closest guys in the league. So they've been playing together for a while too.

Not saying the Heat will win but don't get over yourself.

kntresistheheat
12-22-2010, 03:53 PM

I was just responding to his post, Saying that dwight and drose are better than dwade and he is saying this because 30 games in the numbers are off the charts. Dwight's team is loosing and I dont care if the team was changing players or not! He supposedly a better player than wade, then he should be caring that team to winning like wade did the last two years!

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 03:53 PM
FYI I have a bunch of MJ's playoffs games, so don't jump conclusions please.

Facepalms are available for anyone to use so I can use them as i please. Besides, it's irrelevant to the topic so don't even mention it anymore.

Secondly, Michael Jordan travels more times than not as well as Kobe also, so don't be singling out Wade for it. Heck, LeBron does it too, officials don't run around following it all game long.

Lastly, if you watch Wade play, he also can post up smaller guards. He just doen't do it enough since the offense is structured differently. Remember MJ and Kobe played for Phil Jackson and the triangle offense REQUIRES their offensive versatility. Wade doesn't have to do that here.

What does that even mean? You have a bunch of his playoff games... how are you supposed to see the progression of a person's career with a few playoff games? Youtube can't help you with that either.

To another point you made...

Kobe was eerily similar to Wade back in his early years. He was playing in the Triangle then and rarely posted up. He was an athletic freak who could get to the rim at will. He was streaky and was a great offensive player but was not even close to an all-around force.

The only reason he posts up so much and relies on his footwork now is because he HAS to. It's not because Phil is making him... same for Jordan. They got to a point where they had to change their game... but they were making changes every year leading up to that point.

I haven't seen Wade change his style up at all. That's not to say he hasn't progressed at all over the course of his career, he has. But he doesn't add anything new, he just gets better at the things he already does.

(Isn't it amazing that a little thing like using a smiley facepalm can tell me that you were not around to watch Michael Jordan play?)

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Still doesn't mean Dwight's better than Wade, srry.

I don't know how you define better. I would say Dwight is more valuable than wade.

Statistically speaking however, Wade will always have better offensive scoring numbers. So if that's how you define better, than yes, Wade is better than Dwight.

kntresistheheat
12-22-2010, 03:59 PM
What does that even mean? You have a bunch of his playoff games... how are you supposed to see the progression of a person's career with a few playoff games? Youtube can't help you with that either.

Kobe was eerily similar to Wade back in his early years. He was playing in the Triangle then and rarely posted up. He was an athletic freak who could get to the rim at will. He was streaky and was a great offensive player but was not even close to an all-around force.

The only reason he posts up so much and relies on his footwork now is because he HAS to. It's not because Phil is making him... same for Jordan. They got to a point where they had to change their game... but they were making changes every year leading up to that point.

I haven't seen Wade change his style up at all. That's not to say he hasn't progressed at all over the course of his career, he has. But he doesn't add anything new, he just gets better at the things he already does.

(Isn't it amazing that a little thing like using a smiley facepalm can tell me that you were not around to watch Michael Jordan play?)

Whats wrong with that:confused:He hasn't had to change anything or add just yet, He will start working on that when he realize that what he use to do is not affective...Just like kobe and Jordan!

Just because someone facepalm you does not mean that they dont know nothing about Jordan.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 04:02 PM

Whatever dude, if you're not going to take the time to understand what i'm telling you, i won't respond anymore. Noone listens on this forum.

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 04:07 PM
[/B]

Whats wrong with that:confused:He hasn't had to change anything or add just yet, He will start working on that when he realize that what he use to do is not affective...Just like kobe and Jordan!

Just because someone facepalm you does not mean that they dont know nothing about Jordan.

Now I have to deal with this kids spokesman?

My point is:

Kobe and Jordan were constantly changing their game... each year it was something new. I haven't seen Wade change at all. I think that will end up hurting him when he does have to change his style up. I know he doesn't HAVE to change yet... But when he does, I believe it will be a much harder transition for him.

-How do I know he didn't see Jordan play? Hmmm... maybe because he/she admitted to it. They said they have a few of Michael Jordan's playoff games... If they had seen MJ play, wouldn't they say so, rather than stating they just have a few of his playoff games?

---Listen, I understand you guys love Wade. He's on your team and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just stating a few problems I think he will have in the future.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 04:09 PM

My point is:

Kobe and Jordan were constantly changing their game... each year it was something new. I haven't seen Wade change at all. I think that will end up hurting him when he does have to change his style up. I know he doesn't HAVE to change yet... But when he does, I believe it will be a much harder transition for him.

-How do I know he didn't see Jordan play? Hmmm... maybe because he/she admitted to it. They said they have a few of Michael Jordan's playoff games... If they had seen MJ play, wouldn't they say so, rather than stating they just have a few of his playoff games?

---Listen, I understand you guys love Wade. He's on your team and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just stating a few problems I think he will have in the future.

OK cool. Wade doesn't have to worry about that now is all i'm saying.

J4KOP99
12-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Whatever dude, if you're not going to take the time to understand what i'm telling you, i won't respond anymore. Noone listens on this forum.

It goes both ways.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Read the my last post above you, no disrespect intended.

kntresistheheat
12-22-2010, 04:14 PM

My point is:

Thank you for being more specific :D but like I said, Jordan started to develop the post game in his 30's and started to be more consistent on his jumper every year and I have seen wade get better on his shot and he has been posting up since last year. I think you have not watched enough heat games??

Time2Dieeee
12-22-2010, 04:22 PM

u fail BIG TIME!! what happened to Dirk in the 06 Finals??? oh thats right! Wade took him to school!

Dwight??? he's a CENTER!!! how can u compare wade to Howard u Idiot!

and Rose, yes a good talent prolly wins mvp someday but Wade right now is better! and has the ring to prove that...sooo plz leave stupid comments like this to urself

sargon21
12-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Tangent does not speak for all Bulls fans.

jmcelligott92
12-22-2010, 04:41 PM
":facepalm:" and "U mad?"
should be limited on this site, every post there are like 234024534534 face palms and U mad?'s and people say U mad? for the most random stuff

SteBO
12-22-2010, 04:42 PM
":facepalm:" and "U mad?"
should be limited on this site, every post there are like 234024534534 face palms and U mad?'s and people say U mad? for the most random stuff

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: U Mad?
JK :D

jmcelligott92
12-22-2010, 04:43 PM
u fail BIG TIME!! what happened to Dirk in the 06 Finals??? oh thats right! Wade took him to school!

Dwight??? he's a CENTER!!! how can u compare wade to Howard u Idiot!

and Rose, yes a good talent prolly wins mvp someday but Wade right now is better! and has the ring to prove that...sooo plz leave stupid comments like this to urself

okay so that means Wades better?
what happened to Wade in the 07 first round?
Oh yeah the baby bulls took him to school
so by your logic Deng is better than wade

jmcelligott92
12-22-2010, 04:44 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: U Mad?
JK :D

hahahahah i knew someone was going to do it sooner than later

Time2Dieeee
12-22-2010, 04:47 PM

Wade in 07 had a dislocated shoulder and was banged up..obviously not the same D-Wade that took over vs the bulls in 06

Khri
12-22-2010, 04:52 PM

Seriously.. why there are so many ****ing retards on this site? :facepalm:

jmcelligott92
12-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Wade in 07 had a dislocated shoulder and was banged up..obviously not the same D-Wade that took over vs the bulls in 06
great players dont have excuses

Jemikz9Clutch
12-22-2010, 05:04 PM
this thread is now out of topic. funny. just because of a ticket price. btw the ticket is outrageous. i think it's too much.

in before closed :D

ATX
12-22-2010, 05:06 PM
great players dont have excuses

Let me yank your arm out of it's socket, and you go play basketball. Of course injury's effect the way one plays. It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

ATX
12-22-2010, 05:08 PM
this thread is now out of topic. funny. just because of a ticket price. btw the ticket is outrageous. i think it's too much.

in before closed :D

Off topic because Bulls fans have to hate up every single thread having anything to do with Miami. They suffer an unhealthy obsession with Miami. I don't get it.

jmcelligott92
12-22-2010, 05:12 PM
yeah do it in February and ill play in april just like he did :)

SteBO
12-22-2010, 05:15 PM
yeah do it in February and ill play in april just like he did :)

This is the problem with most Bulls fans. They don't think rationally.
HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO PLAY WELL WITH SERIOUS INJURIES? YOU TELL ME. THE MAN DISLOCATED A DAMN SHOULDER. It's nearly impossible to play with.

Jemikz9Clutch
12-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Off topic because Bulls fans have to hate up every single thread having anything to do with Miami. They suffer an unhealthy obsession with Miami. I don't get it.

i think they love us. :D jk. i'm just gonna sit here on my chair and continue reading. i have no time responding to these kind of arguments.

jmcelligott92
12-22-2010, 05:18 PM
its impossible to play with that day but 2 months later i dont know about all that

J_M_B
12-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Should be a great game, showcasing the three best players in the world.. tickets are outrageous though

SteBO
12-22-2010, 05:19 PM
i think they love us. :D jk. i'm just gonna sit here on my chair and continue reading. i have no time responding to these kind of arguments.

May I join u? :D

ManOnFire
12-22-2010, 05:28 PM
To this entire thread, i guess including myself: :facepalm:

TO Rapz
12-22-2010, 05:43 PM
In before its closed...Im surprised its even lasted this long.

Jemikz9Clutch
12-22-2010, 05:57 PM
May I join u? :D

yes please!:D

Kingz4L
12-22-2010, 06:06 PM
I would rather buy a tv and watch it at home with that ridiculous price...now if its the finals...thats a different story

TheWatcher34
12-22-2010, 06:18 PM
christmas games are sooo overrated. players have other things in mind than beating "rival teams" on that day. all the christmas games i have watched were absolutely non competitive. all media hype. the ratings are high and stern is making $$$.
the players could care less. they are family people and that's how it's supposed to be. the players must be tired on the 25th...the hot wife got some new jewellery and she really had to appreciate it.
i can see Lakers fans throwing foam in the floor again...no wonder if you pay that price and you're not entertained. for once i can understand laker fans.