PDA

View Full Version : Will Kobe be fined for Verbal abuse to the Officials?

C-Style
12-22-2010, 03:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEo_yYpmFis

I think Kobe said what every player has been wanting to say to the refs this season! and most fans for that matter!

******* YOU!

He told the referees to "******* You". Will the league take action? Stephen Jackson got hit for $50,000 fine for something he said after the game.

Gators123
12-22-2010, 03:22 AM
Nevermind...

310Casper
12-22-2010, 03:24 AM
Yes, he will, he deserves to be fined, just like any other nba player would.

Im sure it was worth it to Kobe though. He said it with like 2 minutes left in a disappointing game vs. a depleted bucks roster. He'll pay the fine and move on. No big deal. If anything, its gonna fire him up for their next game, on xmas day.

<3 Kobe's passion. He was pissed at his team for laying an egg and taking the night off against a team they "knew" they had in the bag. No brandon Jennings....they came into the game knowing it was theirs and just coasted it.

RZZZA
12-22-2010, 03:26 AM
$50,000 for saying **** you to the refs? jesus christ, highway robbery.

C-Style
12-22-2010, 03:28 AM
Well let's just hope he doesn't get suspended for next game!

Storch
12-22-2010, 03:34 AM
I was at the game and it was ********, the refs were letting the bucks play physical but blew the whistle for softer touches on the lakers every time on the other side. I'm glad Kobe got pissed because that was ********.

Bruno
12-22-2010, 03:54 AM
He might get hit with a 25,000 fine. I doubt $50,000.

Pack_Attack6
12-22-2010, 04:26 AM
Well let's just hope he doesn't get suspended for next game!

hahahahahahhaahaha not a chance he's suspended. This is a guy that should have been suspended in the playoffs 2 years ago and the league took away some techs he didnt "deserve"

If this had been LeBron that was ejected and didnt talk to the media, everyone on here is calling him a whiny b**** and things of that nature. quite the double standard here IMO

FaM0us Skins
12-22-2010, 04:33 AM
I hope he doesn't get fined 50,000

Bruno
12-22-2010, 04:36 AM
hahahahahahhaahaha not a chance he's suspended. This is a guy that should have been suspended in the playoffs 2 years ago and the league took away some techs he didnt "deserve"

If this had been LeBron that was ejected and didnt talk to the media, everyone on here is calling him a whiny b**** and things of that nature. quite the double standard here IMO

Probably because LeBron has a recent history of un-sportsmanlike conduct, and avoiding the media. He did it during the close-out game against the Magic in the playoffs if I'm not mistaken. But you're right, I won't deny that LeBron has been getting the shaft from the fans since the decision, and that Kobe-hate has dropped off a bit since the past two finals.

Listen, I'm a Kobe fan, I have years of experience in terms of dealing with fans who throw a lot of double-standards Kobes way, judging him unfairly or on a unbalanced scale because he's a polarizing figure.

When you're one of the greatest players in the world fans and haters will always build you up more than you deserve, and break you down more than you deserve. When you're a polarizing figure like LeBron, you're gona have a lot of double-standards thrown your way, and in many ways it's a compliment.

I think we can all agree that Kobe and LeBron get about the same amount of preferential treatment from the officials and from the league.

redsox0717
12-22-2010, 04:36 AM
he mad

Sactown
12-22-2010, 04:37 AM

That's because someone didn't take their talents to south beach :rolleyes:
And KB24 is a whore... he sleeps with David Stern to remove T's.. I witnessed the emails..

John Walls Era
12-22-2010, 04:39 AM
"******* You" ???

**** not *******

John Walls Era
12-22-2010, 04:40 AM
I'd be mad too. They were getting killed by the Bucks.

Bruno
12-22-2010, 04:42 AM

Probably because LeBron has a recent history of un-sportsmanlike conduct, and avoiding the media. He did it during the close-out game against the Magic in the playoffs if I'm not mistaken. But you're right, I won't deny that LeBron has been getting the shaft from the fans since the decision, and that Kobe-hate has dropped off a bit since the past two finals.

Listen, I'm a Kobe fan, I have years of experience in terms of dealing with fans who throw a lot of double-standards Kobes way, judging him unfairly or on a unbalanced scale because he's a polarizing figure.

When you're one of the greatest players in the world fans and haters will always build you up more than you deserve, and break you down more than you deserve. When you're a polarizing figure like LeBron, you're gona have a lot of double-standards thrown your way, and in many ways it's a compliment.

I think we can all agree that Kobe and LeBron get about the same amount of preferential treatment from the officials and from the league.

That's because someone didn't take their talents to south beach :rolleyes:
And KB24 is a whore... he sleeps with David Stern to remove T's.. I witnessed the emails..

See what I mean?

JRisdabest
12-22-2010, 05:15 AM
suspend him for 2 games

bholly
12-22-2010, 05:19 AM
Love those red Bucks unis.

D1JM
12-22-2010, 05:24 AM
they will fine him but not suspend him. stern wouldnt be that stupid

blahblahyoutoo
12-22-2010, 11:14 AM
it was a charge. good call refs.

ShakeN'Bake
12-22-2010, 11:18 AM
they should fine him, but no suspension is necessary

magichatnumber9
12-22-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't care Kobe's got heart. We all slip, he's a man like any other. And I'm a Boston fan

shep33
12-22-2010, 11:34 AM
i think he did it more to just try to get the team fired up a bit... we deserved to lose that game, haha i'm pretty sure UConn's womens basketball team would've broken the record against us we played the yesterday. Just another lazy LA game.

But yes he should be fined, i don't think they'll suspend him. Funny thing yesterday in the Bucks game. I actually saw the refs call 2 carry violations within 5 minutes of the first quarter.. that's an oddity haha.

tangent12
12-22-2010, 11:41 AM
The refs deserve that kind of verbal abuse and worse. I wish they'd get it more often, NBA refs are some of the most corrupt in any sports.

magichatnumber9
12-22-2010, 11:42 AM
The refs deserve that kind of verbal abuse and worse. I wish they'd get it more often, NBA refs are some of the most corrupt in any sports.We need a like button on PSD:clap:

masalex1205
12-22-2010, 11:46 AM

And Kobe doesn't:rolleyes:

SteBO
12-22-2010, 12:03 PM
And Kobe doesn't:rolleyes:

Did you not read the rest of his post?

chicago lulz
12-22-2010, 12:31 PM
it was a charge. good call refs.

bogut was still moving while trying to take the charge so.....not really a charge there.

blahblahyoutoo
12-22-2010, 12:33 PM
bogut was still moving while trying to take the charge so.....not really a charge there.

yeah, he was moving backwards which makes it even more of a charge.

http://www.nba.com/games/20101221/MILLAL/gameinfo.html

clearly he beat kobe to the spot. the commentators even said he was moving back, albeit possibly into the restricted area, but his foot never touched the circle which means he was outside the restricted area.
hence a charge and a good call by the refs.

Rivera
12-22-2010, 12:34 PM
the NBA and the average NBA fan has gotten incredibly soft

the fact that the average NBA fan just thinks kobe might be fined because he was screamin at a ref really makes my point on how soft the nba and there fans have become

screamin at the officials is nothing new and it has been going on for yearsss

i know the NBA is putting a new emphasis on complainin...kobe got two techs...if theres a rule that u get fined a certain amount after two techs....fine i could live with that...but if he soley gets it for yelling at a ref ima be pissed at the nba....kobe got his 2 techs he got ejected from the game...kobe got his punishment already

mjt20mik
12-22-2010, 12:37 PM
$50,000 for saying **** you to the refs? jesus christ, highway robbery.

Isn't it a shame that about roughly 40 % of the population doesn't even earn that much in a year.

Hustlenomics
12-22-2010, 12:45 PM
I was at the game and it was ********, the refs were letting the bucks play physical but blew the whistle for softer touches on the lakers every time on the other side. I'm glad Kobe got pissed because that was ********.

everytime a ref lets an opponent play physical with the lakers the lakers have a tough time

SteBO
12-22-2010, 12:56 PM
everytime a ref lets an opponent play physical with the lakers the lakers have a tough time

That's the way basketball should be played. LET THE PLAYER'S PLAY!

12-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Isn't it a shame that about roughly 40 % of the population doesn't even earn that much in a year.

finally i read some wise words :p... although... you think 60% does? :rolleyes:

Avenged
12-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I hope he gets fined, don't wanna read complaints about him getting away with it for the next couple of years.

king4day
12-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Bucks beat the Lakers last night?

and yea he should be.

handle
12-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Whatever the fine is, it was worth every penny (of Kobe's money).

MoBASS
12-22-2010, 02:17 PM
the NBA and the average NBA fan has gotten incredibly soft

the fact that the average NBA fan just thinks kobe might be fined because he was screamin at a ref really makes my point on how soft the nba and there fans have become

screamin at the officials is nothing new and it has been going on for yearsss

i know the NBA is putting a new emphasis on complainin...kobe got two techs...if theres a rule that u get fined a certain amount after two techs....fine i could live with that...but if he soley gets it for yelling at a ref ima be pissed at the nba....kobe got his 2 techs he got ejected from the game...kobe got his punishment already

Screaming at the refs is one thing, but turning to one and screaming "**** you" in his face was pretty crazy (especially cause it was after he was ejected). I watch every Lakers game and can't remember seeing anything like that.

Rivera
12-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Screaming at the refs is one thing, but turning to one and screaming "**** you" in his face was pretty crazy (especially cause it was after he was ejected). I watch every Lakers game and can't remember seeing anything like that.

soo??? cause he said **** you makes it worse??? this happened ALL THE TIME....theres just more cameras now to capture it....im sure worse things have been said to referees than **** you..

have u seen hedo turkoglu yell at the refs??? he curses them in different languages...he gets away with it because they cant understand him

and im sure rasheed wallace has screamed worse at a referee than **** you

the only difference...it prolly wasnt caught on tape

he got his 2 techs he got kicked outta the game....move on

Hustlenomics
12-22-2010, 02:53 PM
That's the way basketball should be played. LET THE PLAYER'S PLAY!

yes i wish it was like that still

Unruly Fan
12-22-2010, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOygTd1NWCM

^^Blows Kobe's case right out of the water.