PDA

View Full Version : Charles Oakley Disses Charles Barkley, Calls Him An “A-Hole”

D Roses Bulls
12-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Charles Oakley was a very fun player to watch. Same with Charles Barkley. But it looks like both retirees have some beef spurring up, thanks to Oakley.

Here is what he had to say:

“I have nothing against Isiah but he made a lot of comments about the Knicks in the old days. He’s a great player, just like (Charles) Barkley’s a great player, but he’s an a–hole. My thing is, when Barkley played basketball, he didn’t practice, he wasn’t a leader, he wasn’t this or that, he just had natural talent so he got chosen to the Dream Team, All Star team because he had the talent and he was the franchise player on the team. Him criticizing all those other guys, he did the same thing when he was young. As soon as they do something wrong, he criticizes them, that’s wrong. He wasn’t real to the game. Let the guys speak out who are real to the game. He talks like a player and I will give him that, but for him to comment about this and being a professional, he wasn’t all that.”

“I probably should’ve listened to Michael (Jordan) a year ago when he said that Charles will never win a championship because he doesn’t show any dedication. I was very shocked to see what type of player he was by spending half a season with him. I’m a guy that’s dedicated to winning, and I put out a lot of effort on the court. I expect that from my teammates, especially from a guy of his caliber. You know he’s not willing to go the distance. There’s no reason for me to put my last three or four years at risk of never winning.

“Charles is definitely one of the guys that needs to show more leadership for this ballclub to be successful, and he don’t show that to me. … He feels that if he gets 10 rebounds and double-figure points, he’s done a good job. But that’s not what the game’s about. It’s about defending, being professional and coming to work every day.”

I wonder what Barkley is going to say after this.

http://footbasket.com/2010/12/21/charles-oakley-disses-charles-barkley-calls-him-an-a-hole/

Slimsim
12-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm not a role Model

Hi chuck

Duncan = Donkey
12-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I hate when inferior players criticize players that are clearly better than them.

D1JM
12-21-2010, 10:48 PM
I hate when inferior players criticize players that are clearly better than them.

i always thought oakley was a good player :hide:

Nikeman
12-21-2010, 10:57 PM

Well then you should stop watching sports.

Sports are a team game, and everyone has the right to criticize anyone. Your probably one of those people that treat a superstar type player like a god.

By Oakley's statement, I'd never want Barkley on my team, and its true that Barkley did never win anything of importance.

This reminds of a story many of when I was a freshman and joined the football team. Supposedly the worst player on the team is the one was the most honest with me, and helped me improve my game the best, and got me some D3 scholarships

kozelkid
12-21-2010, 11:01 PM

Oakley might be inferior, but he was the type of player that every player should strive to be. He wasn't very talented, but he brought effort and worked his *** off everyday and was a very valuable player to the teams he played on because of that. He's the kind of player everyone on his team loves. And the type of player the opposing team would hate to play.

Hustla23
12-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Barkley is a fatass who gets attention by saying outlandish things and giving the general impression of an uneducated person.

I'd also bet the Oak would **** Charles up in 3 milliseconds.

Duncan = Donkey
12-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Barkley is a King. No one should ever criticize him, ever.

Nikeman
12-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Oakley might be inferior, but he was the type of player that every player should strive to be. He wasn't very talented, but he brought effort and worked his *** off everyday and was a very valuable player to the teams he played on because of that. He's the kind of player everyone on his team loves. And the type of player the opposing team would hate to play.

Guess this is a better way of trying to say what I was trying to say.

Basically, if your own teammates don't respect you, then you are not much worthy of praise

bholly
12-21-2010, 11:14 PM
When is this from? Michael Jordan said a year ago Charles wouldn't win a championship? What?

Vincent33
12-21-2010, 11:19 PM
When is this from? Michael Jordan said a year ago Charles wouldn't win a championship? What?

I was thinking the same thing. Has to be from when they were still playing.

Vincent33
12-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Something doesn't add up:

Charles Oakley was a very fun player to watch. Same with Charles Barkley. But it looks like both retirees have some beef spurring up, thanks to Oakley.

Here is what he had to say:

“I have nothing against Isiah but he made a lot of comments about the Knicks in the old days. He’s a great player, just like (Charles) Barkley’s a great player, but he’s an a–hole. My thing is, when Barkley played basketball, he didn’t practice, he wasn’t a leader, he wasn’t this or that, he just had natural talent so he got chosen to the Dream Team, All Star team because he had the talent and he was the franchise player on the team. Him criticizing all those other guys, he did the same thing when he was young. As soon as they do something wrong, he criticizes them, that’s wrong. He wasn’t real to the game. Let the guys speak out who are real to the game. He talks like a player and I will give him that, but for him to comment about this and being a professional, he wasn’t all that.”

“I probably should’ve listened to Michael (Jordan) a year ago when he said that Charles will never win a championship because he doesn’t show any dedication. I was very shocked to see what type of player he was by spending half a season with him. I’m a guy that’s dedicated to winning, and I put out a lot of effort on the court. I expect that from my teammates, especially from a guy of his caliber. You know he’s not willing to go the distance. There’s no reason for me to put my last three or four years at risk of never winning.

“Charles is definitely one of the guys that needs to show more leadership for this ballclub to be successful, and he don’t show that to me. … He feels that if he gets 10 rebounds and double-figure points, he’s done a good job. But that’s not what the game’s about. It’s about defending, being professional and coming to work every day.”

I wonder what Barkley is going to say after this.

The statements in bold sound like Oakley is talking in the present tense. This has to be an interview from the late 90s-early 00s.

No reason to start **** between two fat, old NBA players now.

John Walls Era
12-21-2010, 11:33 PM

I hate when elite players lack less effort than players inferior to them.

Duncan = Donkey
12-21-2010, 11:38 PM
I hate when elite players lack less effort than players inferior to them.

Why, everyone is different.

JWO35
12-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Am I the only the person who thought this read: Charles Barkley disses Charles Barkley :shrug:

AIRMAR72
12-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Barkley is a King. No one should ever criticize him, ever.
chuck is a lazy cow but a very talented

zambo4president
12-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Charles Oakley would knock Barkley the **** out

SMH!
12-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Well then you should stop watching sports.

Sports are a team game, and everyone has the right to criticize anyone. Your probably one of those people that treat a superstar type player like a god.

By Oakley's statement, I'd never want Barkley on my team, and its true that Barkley did never win anything of importance.

This reminds of a story many of when I was a freshman and joined the football team. Supposedly the worst player on the team is the one was the most honest with me, and helped me improve my game the best, and got me some D3 scholarships
yea sure he did:eyebrow:

blacknell
12-22-2010, 12:14 AM
when did Oakley play on the same team as Barkley? or was that a comment made by Pippen when he joined houston