PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter Considering Arthroscopic Knee Surgery that could keep him out 1 month

JordansBulls
12-21-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2010/12/20/20101220phoenix-suns-loss-san-antonio-spurs.html

with the Suns and Carter considering arthroscopic surgery for Carter's troublesome left knee that could put him out for up to a month.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 03:39 PM
He should just retire

VinSUNity
12-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Should have done this with the Magic when it first occured...
oh well with the Sun's staff I could see this benefiting his career.

Not sure if this is for sure though, I've only seen that mentioned once. I think he was playing fine in Orlando lately anyways.

Not my decision. but I at least wanna see a Debut or two!

ManRam
12-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Maybe this explains his incredibly passive play...

Knee surgery is never good...especially not good for a 33 year old who has played well over 800 games in his NBA career.

sp1derm00
12-21-2010, 04:00 PM

Knee surgery is never good...especially not good for a 33 year old who has played well over 800 games in his NBA career.

I'm sure it'll be fine with modern surgeries. Kobe has more games played and is only a little bit younger than VC. It's not like just because he's Kobe, surgery is less bad.

Dyna-sty
12-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I wonder if the Magic knew. Seems to come out of nowhere.

Chronz
12-21-2010, 04:25 PM
I hope this doesnt lead to something more serious

VinSUNity
12-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Im nervous because for years now VC hasnt had any lingering problem. This isnt a lingering problem, but every time these guys undergo these surgerys they have a lingering knee problem...

Dont want VC to be like that. so stressfull

zambo4president
12-21-2010, 04:48 PM
That is unfortunate for Vince.

king4day
12-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Suns probably knew this before getting him or learned at the physical.
I was listneing to the radio earlier for KTAR and they said even if we just learned about this, there's no way they are cancelling the deal. You get rid of Hedo and Gortat was who we wanted. No way you pull out of the deal for an expiring.

Plus if they say it's just a month he'll be gone for, then it can't be all that serious. Maybe they're just cleaning something up.

ManRam
12-21-2010, 05:17 PM
There is no way the Magic fleeced the Suns here. They had to have known about it. He had to take a physical, and if they didn't know about it...I'm sure we'd hear some backlash from someone. A month of no VC probably is still worth it for PHX.

It is just arthroscopic, so yes, they are just cleaning it up. It is not serious knee surgery.

kblo247
12-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm sure it'll be fine with modern surgeries. Kobe has more games played and is only a little bit younger than VC. It's not like just because he's Kobe, surgery is less bad.

Work ethic comes into play.

We know that Kobe works hard and VC is a lazy ****, so there is a greater chance he won't comeback right.

Sly Guy
12-21-2010, 06:07 PM

he's been passive since his 3rd year.

Duncan = Donkey
12-21-2010, 06:22 PM
He is not getting Surgery. He will be out 1-2 weeks though.

zambo4president
12-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah there's no way the Magic swindled the Suns either. Teams know everything about a players health before taking them on.

JordansBulls
12-22-2010, 01:45 AM
He is not getting Surgery. He will be out 1-2 weeks though.

So when will he actually play?

VinSUNity
12-22-2010, 02:21 AM
Work ethic comes into play.

We know that Kobe works hard and VC is a lazy ****, so there is a greater chance he won't comeback right.

hey now dont hate on my favorite baller.

but hey Ive heard recent news that it is 1-2 weeks or 2-3 games he'll be missing and under Phoenix Suns knee treatment rather than surgery. Miracle workers I hope that knees been messed since last year mid season.

and Magic are SHADY. You say they didnt pull anything shady in this deal? VC in his interview at practice said he mentioned to the Magic staff how he might want to get the swelling looked at in his knee. He said THAT DAY the Suns Magic trade went down.

haha that is sketchy you gotta say Orlando is desperate right now. Even though I think the Suns got the better deal.

AIRMAR72
12-22-2010, 02:34 AM
poor vince he reminds me of that ferrari that is always in the shop for repairs

JPHX
12-22-2010, 02:48 AM
poor vince he reminds me of that ferrari that is always in the shop for repairs

i never knew vince to be injury prone. just declining in production.

JordansBulls
12-22-2010, 11:57 AM
i never knew vince to be injury prone. just declining in production.

Agreed