PDA

View Full Version : Who wins on Christmas day?

kobe24>lebron23
12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Lakers or Heat?
And what will be the deciding factor in the heat or lakers victory?

I'm gonna be a homer and say the lakers win 103-100 and the deciding factors will be
1) too much size
2) home court
3) Kobe the killer Bryant

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I heard Lakers have only beat 1 winning team this year the bulls, so im going to go with the Heat.

Raidaz4Life
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm a Lakers fan but I think the Heat have the Christmas game wrapped up (pun intended) pretty easily. They have been playing better ball lately.

justinnum1
12-21-2010, 01:09 PM
^Agree. Wade and Lebron will want this one badly, they will do what it takes.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Miami has performed extremely on the big stage this year in Cleveland (I know they're bad), and New York(decent).
I'm also picking.....
Celtics over Magic
Bulls over Knicks
Nuggets over Thunder

There's one more game, but I don't know wat it is.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2010, 01:12 PM
heat

kobe24>lebron23
12-21-2010, 01:12 PM
I understand why you are choosing the heat and it's cuz the lakers never really show up for Christmas games unless they really wanna prove a point and well last time they cared was when they beat Boston on Christmas 2 years ago and I feel they will be up to the challenge this Saturday too. My reasoning for this is that since the heat are getting all the hype and are being crowned champions already, Kobe and co. Will prove a point and shut everyone up and prove to everyone that the lakers are still the team to beat!

m26555
12-21-2010, 01:13 PM
The Lakers have been coasting; that's why they haven't been playing great basketball thus far. However, they WILL be up for this game. I think they'll send a message and absolutely pick the Heat apart, much like the Celtics have done in both of their meetings with Miami.

tangent12
12-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Lakers will run circles around the Heat. I don't even know why this is up for debate.

justinnum1
12-21-2010, 01:15 PM
lakers have no answer for the heat's transition game. I can see lebron and wade each with some highlights.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Lakers will run circles around the Heat. I don't even know why this is up for debate.

We'll see about that :)

m26555
lakers have no answer for the heat's transition game. I can see lebron and wade each with some highlights.
Because Miami has an answer for the Lakers' size.

Weezy
This is gonna be an awesome game. Same goes for Knicks vs Bulls :)

Storch
12-21-2010, 01:17 PM
I honestly don't think the lakers really care about this game (or any regular season game for that matter). :shrug:

Phil Jackson has been known to hold back his strategies for elite teams until they meet in the playoffs.

m26555
I honestly don't think the lakers really care about this game (or any regular season game for that matter). :shrug:
Then you're sorely mistaken. I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe goes off for 50.

SteBO
BTW, as justin jus pointed out. Miami's transition game is lethal and are much quicker than L.A. If the game is fast paced, Lakers stand no chance. Srry

justinnum1
12-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Also, amare will have a field day picking apart that bulls front court. I think we will see a big statement win from the knicks, the Celtics will win. And i think thunder will win.

m26555
BTW, as justin jus pointed out. Miami's transition game is lethal and are much quicker than L.A. If the game is fast paced, Lakers stand no chance. Srry
This is such a RIDICULOUS argument. I could just as easily say that Miami stands no chance if the game is played at a slower pace. Stop being such a homer.

SteBO

No he isn't. Have you watched them play lately. They've just been coasting.

m26555
12-21-2010, 01:19 PM
No he isn't. Have you watched them play lately. They've just been coasting.
Yeah; because they're definitely going to just "not care" about beating the Heat. You're in denial. You don't think Kobe wants to send a message to LeBron in this one?

SteBO
12-21-2010, 01:20 PM
This is such a RIDICULOUS argument. I could just as easily say that Miami stands no chance if the game is played at a slower pace. Stop being such a homer.

That's why I said "if" smart one. You just said the exact opposite
STOP BEING SUCH A HOMER! :rolleyes:

m26555
That's why I said "if" smart one. You just said the exact opposite
STOP BEING SUCH A HOMER! :rolleyes:
Yeah, because I'm a Laker fan. :rolleyes:

Why even bring up if statements then? They're stupid and add very little to the discussion.

SteBO
Yeah; because they're definitely going to just "not care" about beating the Heat. You're in denial. You don't think Kobe wants to send a message to LeBron in this one?

It can go both ways buddy, hate to break it to you.

Weezy
12-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Also, amare will have a field day picking apart that bulls front court. I think we will see a big statement win from the knicks, the Celtics will win. And i think thunder will win.

Well it sucks.. cause I wanted Noah playing. I still think it will be a good game.

justinnum1
12-21-2010, 01:21 PM

:facepalm: Your calling him a homer?:eyebrow:

m26555
12-21-2010, 01:22 PM
:facepalm: Your calling him a homer?:eyebrow:
:facepalm:

So, in other words, I, a certified LAKER HATER, am being a homer?

Heat fans are hilarious. I swear.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah, because I'm a Laker fan. :rolleyes:

Why even bring up if statements then? It's stupid.

Srry, I didn't read ur from jersey. My bad. I shouldn't jump to conclusions like that. This is a thread for opinions, so i'm stating my opinion. It's not homerism, it's just wat i think.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2010, 01:23 PM
I think this will be closed btw

m26555
12-21-2010, 01:23 PM
It can go both ways buddy, hate to break it to you.
1. I hate to break it to you, but the Lakers are an EXTREMELY tough matchup for the Heat (just like Boston).

2. Kobe's killer instinct blows LeBron's out of the water.

3. Don't call me "buddy," pal.

Anyway, I'm done with this. I'm looking forward to a good game.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 01:24 PM
:facepalm:

So, in other words, I, a certified LAKER HATER, am being a homer?

Heat fans are hilarious. I swear.

Calm down, this is a thread for opinions.

kobe24>lebron23
12-21-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm no mod but we gotta settle this thread down with baiting so it won't be closed!

SteBO
12-21-2010, 01:25 PM
1. I hate to break it to you, but the Lakers are an EXTREMELY tough matchup for the Heat (just like Boston).

2. Kobe's killer instinct blows LeBron's out of the water.

3. Don't call me "buddy," pal.

Anyway, I'm done with this. I'm looking forward to a good game.

I agree with your first two points. As for your third point,

Don't call me pal......... BUDDY!!!

Crackadalic
12-21-2010, 01:35 PM
No the lakers bigs is too much for the heat.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
12-21-2010, 01:43 PM
LAL too deep for MIA

Storch
12-21-2010, 01:43 PM
No the lakers bigs is too much for the heat.

The Lakers bigs hasn't been too much for anyone all year. They will bring it in the playoffs, hopefully.

DeyAce
12-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Heat. Lebron will go off

kobe24>lebron23
12-21-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree with your first two points. As for your third point,

Don't call me pal......... BUDDY!!!

Hahaha you guys are funny!!

Anyways if you guys like you can also add in your predictions for the players... I'll say Kobe goes for 35-7-6 on 53% fg

The_Mac22
12-21-2010, 01:54 PM
As much as I dislike the Lakers, I dislike the Heat that much more.

Heat lose

Avenged
12-21-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm obviously hoping the Lakers win, but the Heat have been playing great ball while the Lakers just seem to be coasting.. I think they need this one though since they've only beaten 1 team with a winning record thus far.. And I'd like for both teams to really try to win the game to see how they really matchup.

Mishmin
12-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Tough call. I see Lebron and Wade going off.. They don't have the size, but I want to pick miami on this one.

lakers4sho
12-21-2010, 02:06 PM
I understand why you are choosing the heat and it's cuz the lakers never really show up for Christmas games unless they really wanna prove a point and well last time they cared was when they beat Boston on Christmas 2 years ago and I feel they will be up to the challenge this Saturday too. My reasoning for this is that since the heat are getting all the hype and are being crowned champions already, Kobe and co. Will prove a point and shut everyone up and prove to everyone that the lakers are still the team to beat!

That happens in June.

kobe24>lebron23
12-21-2010, 02:11 PM
That happens in June.

Your right only problem is we'll be playing boston in the finals!

Tom2634
12-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I can already guess what the reaction to this game will be...

Lakers win big: "See what happens when Kobe has something to prove"

Lakers win a tight one: "We're coasting and still beat them..."

Heat win a tight one: "We didn't even care and still almost beat the heat, we'll destroy them when it counts."

Heat win big: "We didn't care about this game, we're just coasting Phil kept it simple..."

BTW "coasting"? Give me a break like regular season games are "below" the high-and-mighty lakers...what a great attitude.

Rivera
12-21-2010, 02:17 PM
i say matt barnes just looses it in the middle of the game and either clotheslines or punches lebron or wade (depends who hes guardin) just because hes a nut case and likes to make a show in front of a big crowd

and ill say the heat will win because the lakers have to much size n depth for them but at the end of the day its a game in december and who cares :shrug:

because if they did meet in the finals LA would win in 5 or 6

handle
12-21-2010, 02:17 PM
The poll question should really be, "Who has the biggest number of homer and bandwagon fans on the forum, Lakers or Heat?"

SteBO
12-21-2010, 02:18 PM
The poll question should really be, "Who has the biggest number of homer and bandwagon fans on the forum, Lakers or Heat?"

This post serves no purpose :rolleyes:

SteBO
12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
I think Kobe will go off for close to 35 points and 10 assists
Gasol and Bynum will get double-doubles.
Lamar Odom triple double off the bench with 24 pts, 12 reb, 10 assists.

Dwyane Wade scores 30+ pts, with 11 rebounds
LeBron James triple double with 27 pts, 12 rebs, 14 assists
Chris Bosh double-double with 20 pts, 10 rebounds
Mike Miller and James Jones hit 5 three's each
Big Z double double

HEAT win 135-132 in 2OT

What a game that would be, huh? :D

sep11ie
12-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Not Santa. He has to give away all those toys and doesn't even get to play with them!

handle
12-21-2010, 02:40 PM
This post serves no purpose :rolleyes:

Pot, kettle, black.

J4KOP99
12-21-2010, 02:46 PM

Let's get one thing straight...

-This transition game people are talking about may be a change of play for the Heat, but the Lakers have seen transition games much more powerful and experienced than that of the Heat. The Lakers have been playing against the Suns for the past 6 years while Nash has been running the best offense in the league.
The Lakers were playing against the Mavs, before they had Carlisle or Avery Johnson, when the Mavs had a transition game that made the Heat's look like child's play.

With that said,

I do believe the Heat are starting to come together and although they have lost to the likes of the Celtics, Mavs and a few others... they can beat the Lakers.

However,

To say they are going to beat the Lakers because LA won't be able to handle their transition game is ridiculous. The Lakers match-up with the Heat better than anyone in the league, except possibly the Celtics. The Lakers have double the size and a far better bench. (Granted, this is all on paper but if we are judging by this current season, the Lakers rotation is loaded, while the Heat are still having trouble in this regard.)

The lakers can match any style of play and have been doing so for years. Look at what they did last year. Each team they played in the playoffs had a completely different style and the Lakers were better in each series.

As some have said, the Lakers don't always come to play on Christmas day. This game could be the same thing, but I would think that LA will want to send a message.

Bynum, Pau, Odom and some others down low.

Artest, Barnes, Bryant on the wing

Fisher, Blake, Brown up top

That is some serious depth.

Unruly Fan
12-21-2010, 02:47 PM
I think Kobe will go off for close to 35 points and 10 assists
Gasol and Bynum will get double-doubles.
Lamar Odom triple double off the bench with 24 pts, 12 reb, 10 assists.

Dwyane Wade scores 30+ pts, with 11 rebounds
LeBron James triple double with 27 pts, 12 rebs, 14 assists
Chris Bosh double-double with 20 pts, 10 rebounds
Mike Miller and James Jones hit 5 three's each
Big Z double double

HEAT win 135-132 in 2OT

What a game that would be, huh? :D
Lamar Odom hasn't even come close to a trip dub this year... just saying

LeBron has a lot to prove in this one.

borat
12-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Depends. Lakers didn't show up last year on Christmas Day. Being home for Christmas means a lot more distractions. Heat will definitely be more focused. It is all going to depend on if the Lakers really want to prove something in December.

lakerboy
12-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Lakers:)

SteBO
12-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Lamar Odom hasn't even come close to a trip dub this year... just saying

LeBron has a lot to prove in this one.

I know. I just wish the game would play out the way I said. Those stat lines would be sick, though right?

SteBO
12-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Lakers:)

We'll see. :)

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2010, 02:55 PM
I'll go Heat only because the Cavs won last year with LBJ leading the team.

hotpotato1092
12-21-2010, 02:58 PM
You know why the "fast paced vs slow paced" argument is ridiculous? Because a team as good as the Lakers makes you play slow paced. Miami may have a field day running up and down the floor against the 76ers or the Twolves, but there's a reason the Celtics were practically toying with them by the end of that second game. There's no way the Lakers let this become a running game, the Lakers are winning this game.

lakerboy
12-21-2010, 03:03 PM
We'll see. :)

But really, this is just one game. It's not like its a seven game series, where you can see who really is the better team, and where team strengths/weaknesses are pitted against each other.

In regular season games, a team like the Clippers can beat San Antonio. I remember in 96, the expansion Raptors beat the 72-10 Bulls. In one game, you can never really tell who the better team is.

Just for the sake of it, I am thinking LA on Saturday

SteBO
12-21-2010, 03:06 PM
But really, this is just one game. It's not like its a seven game series, where you can see who really is the better team, and where team strengths/weaknesses are pitted against each other.

In regular season games, a team like the Clippers can beat San Antonio. I remember in 96, the expansion Raptors beat the 72-10 Bulls. In one game, you can never really tell who the better team is.

Just for the sake of it, I am thinking LA on Saturday

The size of the Lakers is the only thing that bothers me. Gasol might have a field day Saturday.

Da Knicks
12-21-2010, 03:07 PM

:laugh: perfect, but here lately i dont know which team i dislike the most.:) I wish Kobe would play with the heat, he fits the personality of that team more. Hope to see a good game anyhow, hopefully both teams bring it and put a good show. It can go either way for me dont like either ball club and the arrogant "leaders" they have. If the game is slow paced Gasol will kill stick boy bosh, Bynum will kill Joel Anthony too. Artest and Barnes can give Lebron fits so I went with L.A.

J4KOP99
12-21-2010, 03:07 PM
The size of the Lakers is the only thing that bothers me. Gasol might have a field day Saturday.

Why, he's gonna be guarded by Bosh?

SteBO
12-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Why, he's gonna be guarded by Bosh?

Gasol has more length and skill. Bosh can hold his own, but i just have a feeling.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-21-2010, 03:14 PM
I think the Heat win this by double digits. The Lakers have struggled a little bit this year regardless of their record. They are not the same team and do not have the same intensity. They prolly will for this game because its the Heat, but i dont know if you can just turn it on when ever you feel like playing hard.

Pau Gasol is playing worse this year and im honesty not that worried about him. Kobe and Wade would cancel each other out. And everyone Knows how good Lebron plays when the lights are on.

We want this win more than the Lakers do and Wade and Lebron are gonna drive this team to a victory.

Khalifa21
12-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Heat... They've been playing great ball as of late.

clutchski
12-21-2010, 03:20 PM
I think home court is key

CHANGO
12-21-2010, 03:21 PM
It will be a fun game, I can not say who wins, but I'm sure will be closed, the Lakers will take advantage of their big men, so Z, Dampier and Bosh will have to come prepared.

As I am a Heat fan, obviously I want to see my team win, and so far, the Heat have shown more than the Lakers (this season) and I leave with a victory for the Heat, 103 - 97.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I think home court is key

It wasn't last year though, but I get your point.

ManRam
12-21-2010, 03:22 PM
I think home court is the key too. Neither team has been way more impressive than the other. The Lakers have played a soft schedule, and haven't really beaten many great teams. The Heat feed on the weak too, but they have a few more impressive wins. I think the Laker size and depth with win out in the end...should be a great game nonetheless.

J4KOP99
12-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Heat... They've been playing great ball as of late.

I doubt you would be picking the Heat had your team not been rocked by them a few days ago.

-It seems like some people think that the Lakers forgot how to play or something. They lack intensity, and they haven't played well and this and that... They must really be having some trouble over there in LA to not have the respect of the PSD faithful. I hope the lakers don't get upset.

Hopefully Kobe, Gasol and the rest of the guys can somehow remember how to play basketball again or else we could be in store for a blowout.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I doubt you would be picking the Heat had your team not been rocked by them a few days ago.

-It seems like some people think that the Lakers forgot how to play or something. They lack intensity, and they haven't played well and this and that... They must really be having some trouble over there in LA to not have the respect of the PSD faithful. I hope the lakers don't get upset.

Hopefully Kobe, Gasol and the rest of the guys can somehow remember how to play basketball again or else we could be in store for a blowout.

I don't think anyone's saying that. They've been coasting and they haven't been impressive. I can't blame them, though. They're back to back champs, so I doubt they have any motivation right now, since it is December. They have a good record, so things will get back to normal for them I'm sure.

shep33
12-21-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm a Laker fan, and honestly I don't really care just because the Christmas game is probably the most overrated overhyped least significant game of the season. We've won championships beating teams on Christmas (Boston-revenge game), and getting blown out at Christmas (Cleveland destroyed us last year).

I'll say this though, I think Lebron and Wade need this game very badly, so they're gonna try to win this thing at all costs. Lakers... well it depends which team for us shows up. The lazy and arrogant one or the one that we know can go all out like we saw in the playoffs last year. Hopefully LA wins, but either way we're fine. We all know LA has been coasting.. I mean people forget to realize that Kobe is averaging the least mins of his career as a starter (only 33mins a game). To put that in perspective Paul Pierce is averaging over 2 mins a game more than Kobe. Phil is totallly just saving him for the playoffs, and I'm fine with that.

kobes2good
12-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Because Miami has an answer for the Lakers' size.

ok I'm sorry but your an idiot Miami has NO CENTER
while lakers pretty much have three in Odom Pau and Bynum
lakers have yet to lose since Bynum came back and I'm pretty sure miami wont be changing that stat. And a little fact for miami fans to be worried about is the rest of the team, meaning not the big three, has scored most 28 points in Miami's past 8 games and maybe in more of there 12 game winning streak but i have not checked. This means you shut down one of the big three and the game is over. And bosh is already going to have a very tough time against lakers height.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 03:33 PM
I also tend to think that they toy with their opponents sometimes. IN Philly, they sucked for the first three quarters and decided to turn it on in the fourth. If they played like that for 48 minutes they would've won by like 30 points and not 12. When they play sombody worth it, they'll be ready from the jump.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 03:34 PM
ok I'm sorry but your an idiot Miami has NO CENTER
while lakers pretty much have three in Odom Pau and Bynum
lakers have yet to lose since Bynum came back and I'm pretty sure miami wont be changing that stat. And a little fact for miami fans to be worried about is the rest of the team, meaning not the big three, has scored most 28 points in Miami's past 8 games and maybe in more of there 12 game winning streak but i have not checked. This means you shut down one of the big three and the game is over. And bosh is already going to have a very tough time against lakers height.

He was being sarcastic a-hole in responding to me.

shep33
12-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I also tend to think that they toy with their opponents sometimes. IN Philly, they sucked for the first three quarters and decided to turn it on in the fourth. If they played like that for 48 minutes they would've won by like 30 points and not 12. When they play sombody worth it, they'll be ready from the jump.

Yeah I agree, but even vs good teams we turn that switch on and off which is frustrating as a Laker fan. The only time we don't is in the playoffs. But I'm okay with us coasting until then. I like where Kobe's minutes are right now, Phil is doing a great job resting him 33 mins a game only. He's slowly getting stronger too... legs are starting to get back underneath him

SteBO
12-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah I agree, but even vs good teams we turn that switch on and off which is frustrating as a Laker fan. The only time we don't is in the playoffs. But I'm okay with us coasting until then. I like where Kobe's minutes are right now, Phil is doing a great job resting him 33 mins a game only. He's slowly getting stronger too... legs are starting to get back underneath him

Yeah i agree also. Lakers should just make sure they're healthy entering the playoffs, just like the Celtics did last year.

DC Laker
12-21-2010, 04:14 PM

I'm a long time High School coach, and while you MAY be suggesting that the Lakers will have trouble with the Heat IF they get out and run, the Lakers FOR SURE can handle the transition game of the Heat.
The things you tell any team that is up against a good up tempo, transition team;

1) NO TURNOVERS, turnovers lead to quick point and HAVE GOT to be kept low.

2) Shoot high percentage shots, especially points in the paint. When a higher percentage of shots go in, and the more a team goes to the Foul line, the other team can't run.

3) Offensive rebounds. When the ball coems off the glass, especially LONG rebounds can lead to transition. A team needs to make offensive rebounds a point of emphasis to SLOW the other teams transition game.

All three of those things are fundamental to slowing down a team like the Heat and to be honest those are 3 things the Lakers can do VERY well. Don't be surprised to see LA excell in these areas, and slow down the Heats transition game.

BkOriginalOne
12-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Kobe, big game, big stage.
You think he will allow a loss like this.

I Say the Heat lose by 10 plus.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Kobe, big game, big stage.
You think he will allow a loss like this.

I Say the Heat lose by 10 plus.

He allowed it last year :eyebrow:

Da_Future_knick
12-21-2010, 04:25 PM
The Lakers Have To Much Size For The Heat To Match up
PG Derek Fisher vs Carlos Arroyo
SG Kobe Bryant vs D Wade
SF Ron Artest vs Lebron James
PF Pau Gasol vs Chris Bosh
C Andrew Bynum vs Joel anthony

Overall : Artest will shut down LeBron and andrew bynum will take advantge and overpower Joel Anthony

SteBO
12-21-2010, 04:26 PM
SG Kobe Bryant vs D Wade

Overall : Artest will shut down LeBron and andrew bynum will take advantge and overpower Joel Anthony

Not quick enough

dc5jdm
12-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Lakers win by double digits.

asandhu23
12-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Warriors - Blazers Christmas game. First christmas game for dubs in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

Cano4prez
12-21-2010, 05:56 PM
SG Kobe Bryant vs D Wade

No

NYKNYGNYY
12-21-2010, 06:09 PM
cHEAT

Avenged
12-21-2010, 06:25 PM
SG Kobe Bryant vs D Wade

It's pretty evenly matched, it should be a great game if both teams show up and give it their all. Artest won't shutdown Lebron, but hopefully Bynum can limit both his and Wade's drives.

xxplayerxx23
12-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I got the lakers winning in a close one, I wouldnt be surprised if it comes down to a buzzer beater. Lebron wade and bosh are getting everything figured out. Lebron and kobe both have big games and kobe nails a game winning three at the buzzer :D It
might be a finals preview

samevans7
12-21-2010, 06:31 PM
If the Lakers could stop Rondo in transition last year, they definetly have an answer to MIA's transition.

However, Pau Gasol is gonna get 30,12

ElMarroAfamado
12-21-2010, 06:41 PM
this game is more important to the Heat....and they suck so its a big chance they lose but then again the Lakers prob wont care about this game much and have lost games previous years to the Cavs (where people would get overly excited and say The Cavs beat the Lakers are going to win it all!) haha so....

I say Lakers by 30
all they have to do is make lebron james and wade shoot...keep them out of the paint or from trying to draw non fouls and its going to be easy..

ElMarroAfamado
12-21-2010, 06:43 PM
The Heats transition game?
hahahahahha
what game? running at full speed trying to get to the ****ing hoop? its not that hard to stop....get in the paint draw a charge or try to block their shot that simple...the Lakers know all the Heat try to do is go to the hoop since they cant shoot for **** so you think they wont be ready for it?

play the Suns the way The Heat Play and they will win because Lebron james and wade specialize in laying the ball up and dunking....Play the Lakers that way...well....

ElMarroAfamado
12-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I got the lakers winning in a close one, I wouldnt be surprised if it comes down to a buzzer beater. Lebron wade and bosh are getting everything figured out. Lebron and kobe both have big games and kobe nails a game winning three at the buzzer :D It
might be a finals preview

its not a finals preview. The Lakers have a better shot of getting to the finals than the Heat and Corey Maggete I mean Lebron James will be kept out the paint be made a jumpshooter and he will prob go 5-20
and those 5 will be dunks or layups

Kashmir13579
12-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Heat, imo

xxplayerxx23
12-21-2010, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=ElMarroAfamado;16024455]its not a finals preview. The Lakers have a better shot of getting to the finals than the Heat and Corey Maggete I mean Lebron James will be kept out the paint be made a jumpshooter and he will prob go 5-20
and those 5 will be dunks or layups[/QUOTe
Idk miami is good. And belive me as a knick fan i seen lebron hit jumper after jumper. He can do it i think miami has a good shot to make it to the finals, I wouldnt like it but i think it can happen

Chacarron
12-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Lakers lose by a lot. Heat will gain false confidence, Phil Jackson has it all planned.

kArSoN RyDaH
12-21-2010, 06:57 PM
lakers blow on xmas day games. heat will win. all the papers will blow em up. its definately not gnna be 103-100 if anything more like 87-85 or something.

Bruno
12-21-2010, 06:59 PM
This will be a great game. The Heat can't win if they shoot jumpers and 3's all game (like they did against Dallas last night) and the Lakers can't win if they give up second chance points and too many turnovers.

If they Lakers defense shows up, Lakers will take it. If Miami is the aggressor and gets to the bucket/lots of FT's they'll take it.

kArSoN RyDaH
12-21-2010, 07:00 PM
a lil FYI for everyone. artest forced 7 turnovers for lebron on xmas day last year. not gonna shut him down scoring but its evident his presence will b felt.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 07:00 PM
this game is more important to the Heat....and they suck so its a big chance they lose but then again the Lakers prob wont care about this game much and have lost games previous years to the Cavs (where people would get overly excited and say The Cavs beat the Lakers are going to win it all!) haha so....

I say Lakers by 30
all they have to do is make lebron james and wade shoot...keep them out of the paint or from trying to draw non fouls and its going to be easy..

The Heats transition game?
hahahahahha
what game? running at full speed trying to get to the ****ing hoop? its not that hard to stop....get in the paint draw a charge or try to block their shot that simple...the Lakers know all the Heat try to do is go to the hoop since they cant shoot for **** so you think they wont be ready for it?

play the Suns the way The Heat Play and they will win because Lebron james and wade specialize in laying the ball up and dunking....Play the Lakers that way...well....

its not a finals preview. The Lakers have a better shot of getting to the finals than the Heat and Corey Maggete I mean Lebron James will be kept out the paint be made a jumpshooter and he will prob go 5-20
and those 5 will be dunks or layups

Hater much?

justinnum1
12-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Hater much?

He's the biggest heat hater there is...use the ignore feature:)

Teeboy1487
12-21-2010, 07:03 PM

I love Kobe but he will barely score 25 trying to defend Wade alone instead of Artest like we use to. Artest will have his hands full with Lebron. I say which ever team imposes their style of play will win the game. I don't predict games so IDK.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 07:05 PM
He's the biggest heat hater there is...use the ignore feature:)
How do you do that? (sarcasm) :)

showtym24
12-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Lakers by 12

asandhu23
12-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Lakers by 32

NYKnicks4511
12-21-2010, 07:20 PM
^Agree. Wade and Lebron will want this one badly, they will do what it takes.

... and Kobe and Gasol won't do what it takes?

I'll take the NBA Champs in this one, I'll say 98-92

Basketash
12-21-2010, 07:42 PM
I love Kobe but he will barely score 25 trying to defend Wade alone instead of Artest like we use to. Artest will have his hands full with Lebron. I say which ever team imposes their style of play will win the game. I don't predict games so IDK.

The best prediction in this thread.

It's pretty much that simple.

xxplayerxx23
12-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Hater much?

Lol He is a hater. Lol i cant stand the heat more then anyone but i still see them making the finals.. :cry:

John Walls Era
12-21-2010, 08:06 PM
IDC I just want a fun game. OT would be cool.

J4KOP99
12-21-2010, 08:07 PM
If the Lakers win, it won't be a blowout. They never keep a lead and always make things interesting...

Tkais9009
12-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Lakers or Heat?
And what will be the deciding factor in the heat or lakers victory?

I'm gonna be a homer and say the lakers win 103-100 and the deciding factors will be
1) too much size
2) home court
3) Kobe the raper Bryant

fixed ;)

MiamiWadeCounty
12-21-2010, 08:13 PM
as a heat fan, i voted for the lakers.

todu82
12-21-2010, 08:57 PM
The Heat, 100-98