PDA

View Full Version : Do the Magic Need To Call Wallace and Morrison?

JasonJohnHorn
12-21-2010, 12:52 PM
With recent moves, the Magic have brought in a lot of talent, but they have traded down in size in some regards (though Turkaglu is certainly as big as they get at his position). Howard is the only guy who can put up 10+ boards a night, and Bass is not going to be able to weather most of the power forward in the NBA, even if the Magic are now deep from SG-PG than anybody in the leauge.

Do they need to give Rasheed Wallace and Adam Morrison a call? There arent too many bigs on the market. Wallace hasnt confirmed his retirement and would be an excellent tutor to Howard, since he was the guy who best defended against him, and Morrison, though a bust, has been a good luck charm at the very least, and can perhaps work in a new system (though I doubt it, but there just really arent many bigs out there right now).

So do the Magic need some more bruisers? Are Wallace and Morrison a good idea? Are the Magic set in the front court? Is there anybody else available for them?

All that said, I expect the Magic to struggle over the next month, but their overall record will be utterly unimportant compared to how they are playing the month headed into the playoffs.

Thougths?

Khalifa21
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Since when has Morrison been a big?

SteBO
12-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Yes to Rasheed

JasonJohnHorn
12-21-2010, 01:00 PM

The dude is 6'8 and plays forward. Forwards are bigs, though his body type is more suited to small forward, which i will agree to, having him palying minutes at SF, will open up time for turk (6'10) to move into the power forward slot when Nelson is doing the ball handling. Having him gives them more latitude in the front court, though I DO NOT think he is the answer, just a possible band-aid at best. and there arent many bigs i can think of that are still on the market.

I think they are going to need a guy like Wallace, and perhaps take on a contract for another guy that can get 10+ boards a game. But they'll have to wait for a fire sale to get one worth making a move.

tangent12
12-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Um, no.

John Walls Era
12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Since when has Morrison ever contributed to a winning team? :laugh2:

Da Knicks
12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Morrison? lol

sep11ie
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
LOL@ Morrison being a bruiser?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2010, 01:07 PM

maybe he meant big cojones:shrug:

Rivera
12-21-2010, 01:07 PM
when is morrisson a big??

and if adam morrisson signed with orlando he wouldnt sniff a minute to PT so thats a dumb suggesstion

and rasheed is not comin to orlando...i would actually love that move but hes not comin to orlando

my celtic sources have told me....do not be surprised if rasheed wallace returns to the C's before the end of the season for another playoff run...similar to PJ Brown did for the C's championship team in 07-08 season...

my celtic sources keep remindin me n tellin me that he still lives in boston....that he was around the practices during traning camp and he has shown up to practices durin the season....rasheed still keeps in contact with KG n Ray n Pierce...mostly KG

Cubsfan365
12-21-2010, 01:08 PM
I have a feeling Rasheed won't sign with anyone else until he is certain that the Bulls won't sign him. We will probably need another big while Noah is out, and he has a good relationship with Thibodeau from Boston. When the Bulls were in Boston, he even wwent into the Bulls locker room and was overheard telling Thibodeau "I need a job."

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Since when has Morrison ever contributed to a winning team? :laugh2:

here we go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f11JJKEskKw&feature=related)

king4day
12-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Certainly not Morrison. Sheed wouldn't hurt. If the Knicks were out of it I'd say yes to Turiaf.

xbrackattackx
12-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Morrison? lol

Has as many rings as your franchise...whose a joke?

MagicBucsSox
12-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Has as many rings as your franchise...whose a joke?

and? so does mbenga,mark madsen etc etc. he never even was on the court lol

Storch
12-21-2010, 01:21 PM
The dude is 6'8 and plays forward. Forwards are bigs, though his body type is more suited to small forward, which i will agree to, having him palying minutes at SF, will open up time for turk (6'10) to move into the power forward slot when Nelson is doing the ball handling. Having him gives them more latitude in the front court, though I DO NOT think he is the answer, just a possible band-aid at best. and there arent many bigs i can think of that are still on the market.

I think they are going to need a guy like Wallace, and perhaps take on a contract for another guy that can get 10+ boards a game. But they'll have to wait for a fire sale to get one worth making a move.

maybe he meant big cojones:shrug:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

You lost all credibility with this post. Sorry, whatever it was that went after morrison is a big was ignored and people stopped reading.

Sandman
12-21-2010, 01:22 PM

He's another wing. Please don't try to tell me adding Adam Morrison adds size.

And I'd also like to know the last time any team had two guys with 10+ boards per game.

Turk is pretty much already in the power forward slot. It's the same weakness we had with Lewis. These two guys have STRENGTH in size when you play them at 3, and they are WEAK in size when you play them at 4.

Hellcrooner
12-21-2010, 01:23 PM
they had reddick they dont need morrison

theyll ebn good next season when Fran Vazquez finally reports-

MagicBucsSox
12-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Magic need to get in on that Melo/Nets deal b/c theyre looking for a 3rd team to take Devin Harris. add tony battie or any serviceable big with s shot

ManRam
12-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Hahaha...Morrison???

Sheed would make some sense. I'd be more content with Battie. We don't need another high volume shooter.

Sadds The Gr8
12-21-2010, 01:26 PM
i stopped reading when I saw Adam Morrison's name. NO team needs Adam Morrison

Flash3
12-21-2010, 01:32 PM
they had reddick they dont need morrison

theyll ebn good next season when Fran Vazquez finally reports-

vazquez isnt that good

Crackadalic
12-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Adam Morrison? i rather sign up a box of cookies as my backup big then Adam 'the bruiser" Morrison

HouRealCoach
12-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Morrison???

But come to think of it... You see what Stan Van did to Turkgolu, he can maybe do some good to Morrison

and Yeah Wallace would help out ALOT

Hellcrooner
12-21-2010, 01:36 PM
vazquez isnt that good

Better offensively than Bass better defensively than gortat so yep magic can use him

koLohe2133
12-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Lol I can't believe there's a thread suggesting the magic need Adam Morrison for his size.

As for a lucky charm, tell Dwight to get with the hot kardashian. Those chicks are the REAL lucky charms

tbone2171
12-21-2010, 01:58 PM
With recent moves, the Magic have brought in a lot of talent, but they have traded down in size in some regards (though Turkaglu is certainly as big as they get at his position). Howard is the only guy who can put up 10+ boards a night, and Bass is not going to be able to weather most of the power forward in the NBA, even if the Magic are now deep from SG-PG than anybody in the leauge.

Do they need to give Rasheed Wallace and Adam Morrison a call? There arent too many bigs on the market. Wallace hasnt confirmed his retirement and would be an excellent tutor to Howard, since he was the guy who best defended against him, and Morrison, though a bust, has been a good luck charm at the very least, and can perhaps work in a new system (though I doubt it, but there just really arent many bigs out there right now).

So do the Magic need some more bruisers? Are Wallace and Morrison a good idea? Are the Magic set in the front court? Is there anybody else available for them?

All that said, I expect the Magic to struggle over the next month, but their overall record will be utterly unimportant compared to how they are playing the month headed into the playoffs.

Thougths?

Remind me again, who the Magic traded away?

J4KOP99
12-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Let's give Morrison some credit. He is just as tough as Hedo Turkoglu. That's not saying much though.

MTone8788
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Adam Morrison is a two time champion! How dare you guys speak of him so poorly!

hotpotato1092
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Why does Wallace and Morrison sound suspiciously like the name of a Boston law firm to me?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Why does Wallace and Morrison sound suspiciously like the name of a Boston law firm to me?

:laugh::laugh2::laugh: