PDA

View Full Version : Wojnarowski: Nets structuring new deal for Anthony

bholly
12-21-2010, 08:28 AM
The Denver Nuggets and New Jersey Nets are advancing on another complicated multiteam trade proposal that would likely fit Carmelo Anthony’s(notes) criteria for signing a contract extension with the Nets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Anthony is inclined to accept a trade and contract extension with New Jersey over his preferred choice of New York only if the Nets are able to bring back a package of significant talent with him, league sources involved in the talks said on Monday.

So far, there are trade scenarios that include a combination of Anthony’s Denver teammates – including forward Al Harrington(notes) – and other league players coming to the Nets.

“The way this is structured now, the Nets will significantly upgrade their team,” said one NBA executive involved in the talks.

Said a Western Conference executive whose team has pursued Anthony: “ ’Melo wants something similar to the Orlando deal, where he won’t have to go into New Jersey – or anywhere he’s going – without some help right away.”

Denver’s and New Jersey’s trade partners are still unclear, but league executives said the Nets and Nuggets are tweaking several possible proposals with multiple teams. For now, New Jersey general manager Billy King is preparing to send rookie forward Derrick Favors(notes), the expiring contract of Troy Murphy(notes), two or three future first-round draft picks and $3 million to Denver for minimally Anthony and Harrington. More Nuggets and Nets would likely be on the move, too.

Center Brook Lopez(notes) is the only Nets player not involved in any of the proposals, sources said.

The Nuggets’ sudden urgency to move the unhappy Anthony is the reason more teams have been calling lately, including two contenders who are willing to chase a championship with Anthony as a rental player, a league source said. The Nuggets could do those deals without consulting Anthony, because those teams aren’t requiring a contract extension with Anthony to make the trade.

Several executives involved in the talks believe a deal will come sooner than later. Denver has made clear to teams the bidding process will culminate long before the Feb. 24 trade deadline.

No deal is imminent, but sources involved in the talks believe that early January is a realistic target. The New York Knicks are still Anthony’s preferred destination, but so far there are no trade packages involving the Knicks that interest Denver. Knicks GM Donnie Walsh and Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri have been talking more in the past couple weeks, but sources said Denver officials still prefer the Nets’ multiple picks and Favors.

Nuggets president Josh Kroenke and Ujiri haven’t spoken in two weeks with Anthony about the approval process on a trade, a source said, but they’ve proceeded with an understanding that fattening a package for the Nets will go a long way toward getting him to sign an extension. When the time comes, the Nets are planning to have owner Mikhail Prokhorov personally sell Anthony on the Nets’ future in Brooklyn beyond 2012.

There are no teams involved in the pursuit of Anthony, including the Knicks, who believe Anthony is willing to pass on a contract extension before the trade deadline. With the owners determined to make sharp cuts into player salaries with a new collective bargaining agreement, Anthony’s willingness to accept a compromise sign-and-trade to get his three-year, $64 million extension illustrates his reluctance to enter free agency under a more restrictive salary structure.

The Nets would need to trade point guard Devin Harris(notes) to a third team to help bring back more talent, and somehow they have to come out of this trade with a veteran replacement. Chauncey Billups(notes) is a possibility, but there are questions about how much longer he can perform at an elevated level. Another player the Nuggets will likely move is shooting guard J.R. Smith(notes), who has drawn interest from the Chicago Bulls. Smith is making $6 million in the final year of his contract, and would love to end up with the Bulls, sources said. So far, Denver has resisted Chicago’s overtures on Smith because it may need to include him in a larger deal with Anthony. Bulls GM Gar Forman has been calling league personnel to do more research on the temperamental Smith, sources said.

The Nuggets and Nets had the framework of a four-team trade with Utah and Charlotte in October, but the deal ultimately fell apart. As involved as that scenario was, one executive involved in the past and present discussions described these as “a more complex, even bigger deal.”
Source: sports.yahoo.com (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuVFSoy2sfRi9XP0qhHVvo68vLYF?slug=aw-anthonytalks122110)

zambo4president
12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
How funny would it be if the Nets gutted their roster(Worse than it already is) and Melo just throws up a duece once FA rolls around and signs with New York:laugh2:

More-Than-Most
12-21-2010, 08:48 AM
How funny would it be if the Nets gutted their roster(Worse than it already is) and Melo just throws up a duece once FA rolls around and signs with New York:laugh2:

They are giving up way to much for Anthony anyway... Favors and 3 first round picks is ludicrous.

TRF929
12-21-2010, 08:49 AM

Not really funny, cause it would never happen, if he doesn't sign a extension he won't go to the Nets.
I wanna know the contender teams that wanna rent him out for the year

Hindy27
12-21-2010, 08:54 AM

The Nets have said they aren't doing the deal unless Melo signs the extension, how hard is that to understand?

jimbobjarree
12-21-2010, 08:55 AM
one will be Dallas, I guess the other is Orlando

sintaks12
12-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Man I can't wait til this is over.

Jetsguy
12-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Man Favors and 3 first rounders! That is crazy, no wonder Denver wants to trade with the Nets so badly.

And I have to be a little skeptical to think Al Harrington coming is what is puching Anthony over here? How is Al the piece that help Melo think things will be any better?

Denver-boy
12-21-2010, 09:31 AM
imo they made the deal worse, Add Harrington? cut Devin Harris?..... no wway we do it unless they add Devin harris back on too... dont take some, add some and say we made the trade better

JOSKOMANG4
12-21-2010, 09:34 AM
4 way deal!

- Sixers acquire PF T.Murphy(v/Nets), SF T.Outlaw(Nets) & 2011 1st rd pick(Nets v/Lakers)

C) Speights/Hawes/Battie
PF) Brand/Murphy/Songalia
SF) Outlaw/Young/Nocioni/Brackins
SG) Turner/Meeks
pg) Holiday/Williams

- Blazers acquire PG D.Harris(Nets), PF K.Humphries(Nets), SG JR Smith(Blazers), & 2012 1st rd pick(V/Nets).

C) Camby/Oden/Marks
PF) Aldridge/Cunningham/Humphries
SF) Matthews/Babbitt
SG) Roy/JrSmith/E.Williams
PG) Harris/Mills/A.Johnson

- Nuggets acquire PF D.Favors(Nets), SF's N.Batum(Blazers) & J.Kapono(Sixers), SG AI23(sixers), & 2011 1st rd picks(V/Nets)

C) Nene/Anderson/ELy
PF) Martin/Favors/S.Williams
SF) N.Batum/Balkman/Forbes
SG) AI23/Affallo/J.Kapono
PG) Billups/Lawson/Carter

-Nets acquire SF Melo & PF Al Harrington(Nuggets), PG A.Miller, C Pryz & SG R.Fernandez(Blazers).

C) Lopez/Pryz/Petro
PF) Harrington/D.James
SF) Melo/Q.Ross/S.Graham
SG) Morrow/R.Fernandez/Sasha
PG) Miller/Farmar/B.Uzoh

Denver-boy
12-21-2010, 09:36 AM
^^^

that deal Blows for the nuggets

Badluck33
12-21-2010, 09:45 AM
i dont see how Melo would sign an extension to a gutted Nets team with ZERO draft picks over the next 2 or 3 years?!!

xbrackattackx
12-21-2010, 10:16 AM
^^^

Iggy, D. Favors and a First are more then a enough stop being greedy. Then they are Throwing in Batum dude is really good. And it's better then getting what the Cavs got for Bron.

STAT32
12-21-2010, 10:17 AM
I'd be willing to bet Phoenix is one of the teams getting involved in this to make the numbers work.

oak2455
12-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Man ohhh man he's not going to the Nets....not happening ever...Ever....move on there are other players..he's not that into you..LOL:D

jimbobjarree
12-21-2010, 10:22 AM
^^^

yeah your right, getting iggy, favors, batum and a 1st blows so much in comparison to losing melo for nothing in the summer :crazy:

lvlheaded
12-21-2010, 10:24 AM
This thing is never gonna die

Hindy27
12-21-2010, 10:27 AM
The trade has already been worked out.

Here it is (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2dz93su)
Apparently that would only give us 16 more wins, so these guys could only get us up to 28-54.:D

Khalifa21
12-21-2010, 10:44 AM
:laugh2: Nets just aren't giving up are they...

TyHill
12-21-2010, 10:52 AM
I would say the Bobcats are another team involved in this "multi-team" trade considering how MJ wants to shop around with G. Wallace and/or Stephen Jackson + whoever else.

Evolution23
12-21-2010, 10:56 AM
I highly doubt this goes through. I would be really surprised but let's see. anything is possible.

koLohe2133
12-21-2010, 11:00 AM
The trade has already been worked out.

Here it is (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2dz93su)
Apparently that would only give us 16 more wins, so these guys could only get us up to 28-54.:D

Ridiculous

29$JerZ
12-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Good, end the Melo mess already.
It would be better for everyone to let this mess get cleared fast.
Of course I expect even if he gets traded to NJ he won't sign an extension until summer and just prolong all speculation even further.

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 11:04 AM
The Nets are playing this so poorly -- it's sad.

Of course I expect even if he gets traded to NJ he won't sign an extension until summer and just prolong all speculation even further.

If this were to occur, the Nets would not be giving up Favors. In fact, I would argue that it would behoove the Nets to have this occur.

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Thread just started and already two Knicks fans got deleted and the rest are here hating on the Nets. Notice that so far in this thread it's mostly only Knicks fans reacting negatively with comments like "he won't sign there". First of all the Nets FO would t be pushing this hard if they didnt have some concrete knowledge that Melo would resign with them. They know more than you do. That's why they get payed millions while we sit on our couches and watch the games. Personally I don't want this to go thru. This deal as proposed rapes the Nets. They give up Favors who is their most talented player. Then they take in a bad contract in Harrington. Then they swap their PG that's playing well for an injured 34y old. Then they give up 2+ picks??? horrible... King should be fired for even considering...

More-Than-Most
12-21-2010, 11:10 AM
I hope the Sixers jump in this.

Nets get Melo
Sixers get favors
Nuggets get iggy

Of course there would be other pieces and draft picks thrown in but I would want that to be the heart of the trade.

SouthSideRookie
12-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Thread just started and already two Knicks fans got deleted and the rest are here hating on the Nets. Notice that so far in this thread it's mostly only Knicks fans reacting negatively with comments like "he won't sign there". First of all the Nets FO would t be pushing this hard if they didnt have some concrete knowledge that Melo would resign with them. They know more than you do. That's why they get payed millions while we sit on our couches and watch the games. Personally I don't want this to go thru. This deal as proposed rapes the Nets. They give up Favors who is their most talented player. Then they take in a bad contract in Harrington. Then they swap their PG that's playing well for an injured 34y old. Then they give up 2+ picks??? horrible... King should be fired for even considering...
Some people just can't grasp common knowledge, it's not that difficult, really.

Nets get Melo
Sixers get favors
Nuggets get iggy

Of course there would be other pieces and draft picks thrown in but I would want that to be the heart of the trade.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Rockets got involved in this.

29$JerZ
12-21-2010, 11:17 AM
The Nets are playing this so poorly -- it's sad.

If this were to occur, the Nets would not be giving up Favors. In fact, I would argue that it would behoove the Nets to have this occur.

I agree but I wouldn't be shocked if Melo gets traded to NJ and no extension is immediate. It's just another way for this story to never die.

NJ is obviously only doing this with Melo agreeing to an extension so any jokes made by NY is dumb. I hope for the sake of NJ they don't pull an Isiah and put them selves in Hell by trading for Melo without assuring an immediate extension more than 3 years. Favors and 1st round picks are a lot to give up for a rental of any player.

Nets get Melo
Sixers get favors
Nuggets get iggy

The best thing for Philly to do is trade Iggy so getting a PF like Favors would be a solid move but unlikely with Denver wanting front court depth badly. The faster Turner and Holliday can be the prime stars the better for Philly.

More-Than-Most
12-21-2010, 11:22 AM
I agree but I wouldn't be shocked if Melo gets traded to NJ and no extension is immediate. It's just another way for this story to never die.

NJ is obviously only doing this with Melo agreeing to an extension so any jokes made by NY is dumb. I hope for the sake of NJ they don't pull an Isiah and put them selves in Hell by trading for Melo without assuring an immediate extension more than 3 years. Favors and 1st round picks are a lot to give up for a rental of any player.

The best thing for Philly to do is trade Iggy so getting a PF like Favors would be a solid move but unlikely with Denver wanting front court depth badly. The faster Turner and Holliday can be the prime stars the better for Philly.

Getting favors and getting Rid of Iggy is the best solution because Iggy is a good player but he is killing turner.

Atownballa5
12-21-2010, 11:25 AM
a lot of us nets fans dont even want melo that badly, a lot of these deals arent that good in our favor

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Getting favors and getting Rid of Iggy is the best solution because Iggy is a good player but he is killing turner.

I've been asking Sixers fans about a trade I made up. I've been getting mixed reactions, but I haven't asked you yet.

Sixers also receive Rockets First Round Pick (2012) (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=236zy9x)

Denver-boy
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
yeah your right, getting iggy, favors, batum and a 1st blows so much in comparison to losing melo for nothing in the summer :crazy:

they all suck, For Melo!!! Im not stupid, Idk about you but I LIKE to WIN!!!

Korman12
12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
I've been asking Sixers fans about a trade I made up. I've been getting mixed reactions, but I haven't asked you yet.

Sixers also receive Rockets First Round Pick (2012) (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=236zy9x)

Ehhh, it's not really a talent swap, just a cash out.

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Some people just can't grasp common knowledge, it's not that difficult, really.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Rockets got involved in this.

What's more valuable? Common knowledge or factual knowledge? The hundreds of conflicting reports we read online or their personal conversations with Denvers FO who has probably been in touch with Melos camp thrughout this entire process? I would think the latter. There's been many reports that claim he'll only sign with NY. There's been just as many claiming he's open to the Nets. So for those fans that foolishly nitpick their favorite reports from the net while purposely ignoring the other reports; you get no respect. You have to look at EVERY report and make your assumptions as such: NOBODY has any clue what's going on in Melos head cuz he's pretty mum about it. He's has told his friends that he wants to be a Knick. Those friends sold their info to ppl such as Sheridan who woukd absolutely love for Melo to be a Knick; as would the entire media actually. However signing the extension seems to be Melos priority as evidenced by his own comments regarding said extension. Also all current reports point to him wanting go to the east coast whether ORL, CHI, NY, or NJ. Therefore him signing with the Nets is a compromise he would probably accept provided the necessary moves are made to get him help over there so he can win.

sintaks12
12-21-2010, 11:43 AM
What's more common knowledge? The hundreds of conflicting reports we read online or their personal conversations with Denvers FO who has probably been in touch with Melos camp thrughout this entire process? I would think the latter. There's been many reports that claim he'll only sign with NY. There's been just as many claiming he's open to the Nets. So for those fans that foolishly nitpick their favorite reports from the net while purposely ignoring the other reports; you get no respect. You have to look at EVERY report and make your assumptions as such: NOBODY has any clue what's going on in Melos head cuz he's pretty mum about it. He's has told his friends that he wants to be a Knick. Those friends sold their info to ppl such as Sheridan who woukd absolutely love for Melo to be a Knick; as would the entire media actually. However signing the extension is Melos priority, not winning. Therefore him signing with the Nets is a compromise he'll willingly accept.

You seem fair and unbiased for the most part, so don't contradict yourself here. You were correct initially, all this is hearsay. So is the idea that he's all about money and will sign the extension with NJ. It's forum fodder. No one knows anything.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Whenever Carmelo Anthony is talked about its always with the Nets, you hardly hear about Melo and the Knicks without speculation. Melo said the other day he is going to sign the extension where to ever he goes and Knicks arent a likely destination. Nets have the best package, they also are set for a while with cap space, 1st rounders. Chris Sheridan the worst ESPN source wrote a story about his favorite team the Knicks and changed it yesterday.

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 11:51 AM
You seem fair and unbiased for the most part, so don't contradict yourself here. You were correct initially, all this is hearsay. So is the idea that he's all about money and will sign the extension with NJ. It's forum fodder. No one knows anything.

I'll rephrase. Sorry...

justinnum1
12-21-2010, 11:54 AM
He's going to the nets

John Walls Era
12-21-2010, 12:07 PM
"Center Brook Lopez(notes) is the only Nets player not involved in any of the proposals, sources said."

O boy, this sounds like a once in a lifetime trade. Seems insane.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 12:08 PM
"Center Brook Lopez(notes) is the only Nets player not involved in any of the proposals, sources said."

O boy, this sounds like a once in a lifetime trade. Seems insane.

Even if the Nets get him, you will still hear Knicks fans talking about CP3 going to NY for the next 2 years and then after that Dwight. So get ready!:(

lvlheaded
12-21-2010, 12:10 PM
At this point, id rather the Nets get Melo so the Knicks can upgrade in other ways. Id rather see the Knicks go get Joel Pryzbilla, OJ Mayo, and a back up PG. They would be able to keep most of their team intact and it would go farther in building the team as a whole.

I think the Nets give up too much here though. If Harrington, Smith, and Billups arent winning Melo a championship in Denver, they arent gonna in NJ. Nets are better off keeping Favors and the picks IMO

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 12:13 PM
At this point, id rather the Nets get Melo so the Knicks can upgrade in other ways. Id rather see the Knicks go get Joel Pryzbilla, OJ Mayo, and a back up PG. They would be able to keep most of their team intact and it would go farther in building the team as a whole.

I think the Nets give up too much here though. If Harrington, Smith, and Billups arent winning Melo a championship in Denver, they arent gonna in NJ. Nets are better off keeping Favors and the picks IMO

Well is Mike and Amare arent winning a championship in PHX then they arent gonna in NY. And OJ Mayo no longer on the market.

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 12:20 PM

I agree. Melo for three years is not worth the potential that Favors and lottery picks could bring.

lvlheaded
12-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Well is Mike and Amare arent winning a championship in PHX then they arent gonna in NY. And OJ Mayo no longer on the market.

Im not saying the Knicks are winning a championship right now. Thats why I want to build the TEAM as a whole instead of trading half of it for 1 player.

Look at the Lakers. From top to bottom they have very good players. You build around a good TEAM 1 or 2 stars, and you cant do that by trading all your good role players and draft picks while eating all your cap on 2 players.

My point was, by getting Pryz, Mayo, and a backup PG it would go farther for the Knicks than trading half the team for Melo.

And if you believe Al Harrington, JR Smith, Chauncy Billups, and Melo are gonna win you a championship while trading away Favors, Harris, Murphy and a bunch of draft picks that could help you build a team, than thats fine. IMO it wont though, the Nets would be better off going the way of the Thunder and building through the draft.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Im not saying the Knicks are winning a championship right now. Thats why I want to build the TEAM as a whole instead of trading half of it for 1 player.

Look at the Lakers. From top to bottom they have very good players. You build around 1 or 2 stars and you cant do that by trading all your good role players and draft picks while eating all your cap on 2 players.

My point was, by getting Pryz, Mayo, and a backup PG it would go farther for the Knicks than trading half the team for Melo.

And if you believe Al Harrington, JR Smith, Chauncy Billups, and Melo are gonna win you a championship while trading away Favors, Harris, Murphy and a bunch of draft picks that could help you build a team, than thats fine. IMO it wont though, the Nets would be better off going the way of the Thunder and building through the draft.

Maybe not this year but after that trade we still have a ton of cap we saved 10 million then we have Sasha who is 5 million off and we can buy billups out for 3 million. Thats 32 million in cap space for free agents. Plus we have draft picks to make trades. Knicks have none, if they trade and get Melo its going to be hard to upgrade the team. Chandler will be gone in the off season because one team is going to offer him something.

Weezy
12-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Should get interesting.......if these reports are true Nets are offering too much imo. Wouldn't be surprised if Denver does include a terrible contract with Melo.....they want to rebuild. Al's contract is pretty bad too.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Should get interesting.......if these reports are true Nets are offering too much imo. Wouldn't be surprised if Denver does include a terrible contract with Melo.....they want to rebuild. Al's contract is pretty bad too.

Yeah, they're going to want to package Melo with Kenyon Martin and maybe J.R. Smith.

PhillyFaninLA
12-21-2010, 12:35 PM

Nets get Melo
Sixers get favors
Nuggets get iggy

I think this is about as good as any of the teams can hope for (with appropriate draft picks and other contracts to make deal work).

I would love a starting line of Jrue, Turner, Young, Favors, and Hawes this could be great in 3 years or so of experience and even then they'd still be young.

oak2455
12-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Whenever Carmelo Anthony is talked about its always with the Nets, you hardly hear about Melo and the Knicks without speculation. Melo said the other day he is going to sign the extension where to ever he goes and Knicks arent a likely destination. Nets have the best package, they also are set for a while with cap space, 1st rounders. Chris Sheridan the worst ESPN source wrote a story about his favorite team the Knicks and changed it yesterday.

WOJO is a Net lover soooooo:confused:

PhillyFaninLA
12-21-2010, 12:39 PM

No, don't like it at all. The Sixers don't need a 30 year old. The players are to old and not good enough even as a salary dump to justify what the Sixers are giving up in your deal.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 12:40 PM
WOJO is a Net lover soooooo:confused:

He is? When was he ever in favor of the Nets? All he did was report that 3 team trade.
Chris Sheridan, I dont know if you read it wrote an article letter that was supposed to be to Melo that said dont go to the Nets because there are rat traps, it is cold, and there are fake audience cheers.

Weezy
12-21-2010, 12:45 PM
He is? When was he ever in favor of the Nets? All he did was report that 3 team trade.
Chris Sheridan, I dont know if you read it wrote an article letter that was supposed to be to Melo that said dont go to the Nets because there are rat traps, it is cold, and there are fake audience cheers.

Sheridan is a NY lover thats obvious.. but you can't deny that Woj is a knick-hater. Its quite obvious. His comments about Donnie in a wheelchair in the LBJ meetings was enough for every NYer to lose respect for that idiot.

tcav701
12-21-2010, 12:47 PM
If I've leaned anything in sports it's that player's wives decide where they sign.

Carmelo will be in New York one way or another because La La wants to **** a Knick.

oak2455
12-21-2010, 12:48 PM

never seen that but ok....then he's just a KNICK HATER:eyebrow:

PhillyFaninLA
12-21-2010, 12:49 PM
If I've leaned anything in sports it's that player's wives decide where they sign.

Carmelo will be in New York one way or another because La La wants to **** a Knick.

Last time I checked Brooklyn is one of the 5 boroughs in NYC and the Nets are moving there.

By your own example the Nets would be a possibility.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 12:52 PM
never seen that but ok....then he's just a KNICK HATER:eyebrow:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=5666645

this is pathetic

godolphins
12-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Make it happen :clap:

tcav701
12-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Last time I checked Brooklyn is one of the 5 boroughs in NYC and the Nets are moving there.

By your own example the Nets would be a possibility.

I learned nothing from your post.

We all know the Nets are moving to Brooklyn. We all know Brooklyn is in New York.

Melo's wife is a KNICK fan as well as the rest of New York.

The Knicks are the Knicks and will be New York's team. The fact the Nets are moving to Brooklyn will mean NOTHING untill at least the next generation of NBA fans arise.

It would be like a die hard Laker fan telling her husband to play for the Clippers.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 01:08 PM

We all know the Nets are moving to Brooklyn. We all know Brooklyn is in New York.

The Knicks are the Knicks and will be New York's team. The fact the Nets are moving to Brooklyn will mean NOTHING untill at least the next generation of NBA fans arise.

It would be like a die hard Laker fan telling her husband to play for the Clippers.

Melos wife is a die hard Knick fan? Im sure when Denver was playing the Knicks she was going crazy for the Knicks....
Clippers are a losing team who made the playoffs once in the last decade, similar to the Knicks. The Lakers have went to the finals more than once in the last decade same with Nets.

A Nut Da 1
12-21-2010, 01:11 PM

That would actually be pretty stupid on Melo's party to lose all that money

tcav701
12-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Melos wife is a die hard Knick fan? Im sure when Denver was playing the Knicks she was going crazy for the Knicks....
Clippers are a losing team who made the playoffs once in the last decade, similar to the Knicks. The Lakers have went to the finals more than once in the last decade same with Nets.

The Nets will be the Clippers of NY at least at first. I was not saying that they would be unsucessful record wise I was merely making fan base comparisons.

The Lakers are LA's team
The Yankees are NY's baseball team
The Knicks are NY's basketball team

I am not saying the Nets suck or they will never be good. I'm saying Melo's wife wants him to play for the Knicks. Wether they admit it (Cliff Lee, Texiera) or not (Manny Ramirez) the wife often decides where they are going to play not much different than for men in all professions.

A Nut Da 1
12-21-2010, 01:14 PM
They are giving up way to much for Anthony anyway... Favors and 3 first round picks is ludicrous.

I don't really think thats too much too give up all 3 first round picks werent from the nets so only one of them might be a high first rounder but if the trade goes down and they can't get him some help their pick won't even be a high first rounder....and then you have the fact the Melo is a proven player ....Favors looks good but will the materialize into a player?

A Nut Da 1
12-21-2010, 01:16 PM
one will be Dallas, I guess the other is Orlando

i don't think orland can trade anyone they just got so they aren't going to have anyone to get Melo

tangent12
12-21-2010, 01:19 PM
And the Nets will fail once again.

No one wants to play for the garbage can they have over there in NJ. The Nuggets can't hate Anthony that much.

A Nut Da 1
12-21-2010, 01:21 PM
^^^

Do you really think thats a bad deal for the Nuggets?

PhillyFaninLA
12-21-2010, 01:28 PM

Sorry about that I just reread the post I quoted. I misread it. I thought your were saying she wanted to be in NY but you clearly said Knicks.

I don't mind eating a little crow when I'm wrong.

A Nut Da 1
12-21-2010, 01:35 PM
a lot of us nets fans dont even want melo that badly, a lot of these deals arent that good in our favor

when the Nets make this trade....it won't be the only trade they make i'm sure they are going to bring is some other players on a seperate trade

imagesrdecievin
12-21-2010, 01:37 PM
And the Nets will fail once again.

No one wants to play for the garbage can they have over there in NJ. The Nuggets can't hate Anthony that much.

...sigh.

One quarter of a good season in the last decade and Knicks fans are on their high horse looking down. Where was this bravado when the Nets were dominating the Knicks on a regular basis?

Weezy
12-21-2010, 01:38 PM
...sigh.

One quarter of a good season in the last decade and Knicks fans are on their high horse looking down. Where was this bravado when the Nets were dominating the Knicks on a regular basis?

LMAO. He is not a Knicks fan. But I do appreciate the love.

A Nut Da 1
12-21-2010, 01:57 PM

??????? what are the Nets really giving up though???? Favors???? he is a rookie we don't know how he is going to turn out....the draft picks???? when don't know where in the first round they will be....what we do know is if the Nets get Melo their pick won't be as high as it would without him and who is to say that the draft picks will turn out to be good player anyways....... with this trade the only thing the Nets would be missing is a PF...they can pick up a defensive minded Pf ...if they keep harris they wouldn't need anymore scoring with Melo , Harris , Lopez, Harrington & Marrow

cheetos185
12-21-2010, 02:09 PM

they have to get a superstar before they move to brooklyn imagine coming to ny as 12 win team media will eat them alive there will be no fan base

fin_frenzy_84
12-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Do you really think this is true??? Come on yahoo is bull ****. When it hits ESPN I will believe it.

Sactown
12-21-2010, 02:31 PM
they have to get a superstar before they move to brooklyn imagine coming to ny as 12 win team media will eat them alive there will be no fan base

Because 29 wins is so much better??
how about the year before that 32?? those are some winning numbers there..
Looks like if the nets moved to NY without signing Melo they'd be just like the knicks..
Is it lonely up there on your pedestal ?

A Nut Da 1
12-21-2010, 02:31 PM
The Nets will be the Clippers of NY at least at first. I was not saying that they would be unsucessful record wise I was merely making fan base comparisons.

The Lakers are LA's team
The Yankees are NY's baseball team
The Knicks are NY's basketball team

I am not saying the Nets suck or they will never be good. I'm saying Melo's wife wants him to play for the Knicks. Wether they admit it (Cliff Lee, Texiera) or not (Manny Ramirez) the wife often decides where they are going to play not much different than for men in all professions.

When the Nets where going to all of those conference championships NO ONE was talking about the knicks...

arkanian215
12-21-2010, 02:40 PM

Good, end the Melo mess already.
It would be better for everyone to let this mess get cleared fast.

cmon now. do you really think they would trade away all that without an extension? let's be real now.

DarzenPetrovic3
12-21-2010, 02:45 PM
I love how people say Melo wont help the Nets. Dont gey rid of Favors,hes young and raw. I agree, but the last time i checked didnt Melo win a college championship as a FRESHMAN.....Favors isnt even in the same breath as Melo. The Nets need a FINISHER at the end of games and thats Melo. Devin Harris is always hurt and is soft so if they trade him i wont be heartbroken. Also the Knicks fans need to chill because you have had no playoff hopes in years,and didnt Isiah mess with that woman and have to pay her 11 mill or so in damages, lol. Havent the Nets been to more playoffs and Finals then the Knicks in the last 10 years, nuff said.

jkcronyn
12-21-2010, 02:46 PM
i say gut the team keep lopez, get nash and melo that'd be a real nice set up for the future

nystandup
12-21-2010, 02:53 PM
I love how people say Melo wont help the Nets. Dont gey rid of Favors,hes young and raw. I agree, but the last time i checked didnt Melo win a college championship as a FRESHMAN.....Favors isnt even in the same breath as Melo. The Nets need a FINISHER at the end of games and thats Melo. Devin Harris is always hurt and is soft so if they trade him i wont be heartbroken. Also the Knicks fans need to chill because you have had no playoff hopes in years,and didnt Isiah mess with that woman and have to pay her 11 mill or so in damages, lol. Havent the Nets been to more playoffs and Finals then the Knicks in the last 10 years, nuff said.

Nuff said is that no matter what the Nets do good or bad they will always be looked at as a joke other than by NJ fans. Its the dirty jerz with hardly any fan base and the ugliest uniforms in the league. Nuff said...

A Nut Da 1
12-21-2010, 02:55 PM
i say gut the team keep lopez, get nash and melo that'd be a real nice set up for the future

???? Nash? your kidding right?

Antipod
12-21-2010, 03:00 PM
More Melo articles ... great ... still a long way to beat the ones with Lebron, but we`re getting close.. )))

thedfactor
12-21-2010, 03:12 PM
one will be Dallas, I guess the other is OrlandoIn reference to what?

D2theJ
12-21-2010, 03:18 PM
All you Knick fans need to shut the **** up. So what your having a decent year so far its about time.. give the Nets fans a chance to have something, theyve done more with no money while the Knicks have had one of the highest payrolls for years and continue to suck. If they get this trade done they'll be better than the Knicks and they won't do the trade if Melo isn't going to sign. Have fun winning regular season games with D'antoni and losing if you make the playoffs.

arkanian215
12-21-2010, 03:21 PM
All you Knick fans need to shut the **** up. So what your having a decent year so far its about time.. give the Nets fans a chance to have something, theyve done more with no money while the Knicks have had one of the highest payrolls for years and continue to suck. If they get this trade done they'll be better than the Knicks and they won't do the trade if Melo isn't going to sign. Have fun winning regular season games with D'antoni and losing if you make the playoffs.

Take it easy man. Some of the stuff they say is ******** but whatever. It's been a while since they had a chance to gloat. Let them have their fun.

DarzenPetrovic3
12-21-2010, 03:24 PM
nystandup when you guys actually win an eastern conference finals you can talk otherwise be quiet.

JLMiles14
12-21-2010, 03:43 PM

Knicks would still be alot better then the Nets......

jmoney85
12-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Knicks would still be alot better then the Nets......

uhhhh no lol....

sintaks12
12-21-2010, 03:50 PM
uhhhh no lol....

If this trade goes down The Nets are essentially the Nuggets with no bench. NY just showed what they could do against Denver in a well-contested victory. So at the very least, the teams are comparable.

heatking
12-21-2010, 03:53 PM
cant possibly see the knicks striking out again... if they dont get melo its a HUGE blow to the franchise.

On the other hand the nets seem like their willing to give up more, and have better pieces to trade. It should be interesting.

JLMiles14
12-21-2010, 03:57 PM
cant possibly see the knicks striking out again... if they dont get melo its a HUGE blow to the franchise.

On the other hand the nets seem like their willing to give up more, and have better pieces to trade. It should be interesting.

This has been said before and its really not true. The Knicks have a young team full of potential, missing out on melo is not the end of the world.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Nets losing Murphy and Favors isnt going to hurt the Nets as much as
Knicks losing Gallo, Chandler, Fields and a pick.

Nets are being agressive and going after Melo, Knicks havent even dealed for 1st rounder yet.

Mudvayne91
12-21-2010, 04:20 PM

Well, there's a fantastic chance they'll strike out again. This article and several other articles have pretty good insight why. Nuggets FO sees NY's offers as fairly poor. They want draft picks........ 2-3 #1's > Gallo, Chandler, or anything else they have to offer in the Nuggets eyes. Honestly, I think their FO sees trading him as a rented player will bring more beneficial assets back to the Nugs team in comparison to the Knicks offers.

Who knows, he may sign as a FA to NY, but it's not going to happen in a trade.

samevans7
12-21-2010, 04:20 PM
nystandup when you guys actually win an eastern conference finals you can talk otherwise be quiet.

hey Knicks/Nets fans, until you guys actually win a title this decade, and be considered a top, elite team, you can stop talking

Thanks!

-Celtics fan

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 04:23 PM
hey Knicks/Nets fans, until you guys actually win a title this decade, and be considered a top, elite team, you can stop talking

Thanks!

-Celtics fan

I agree completely. Let the chips fall where they may. Comparing crap and vomit does nobody any good

drew_ellis_23
12-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Nets have the picks, and the pieces so get it done

sintaks12
12-21-2010, 04:28 PM

Nets are being agressive and going after Melo, Knicks havent even dealed for 1st rounder yet.

Who EVER said we would lose Gallo, Chandler and Fields? If Denver asks for that, plus a pick, Donnie will tell them to shop elsewhere. Believe that.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Who EVER said we would lose Gallo, Chandler and Fields? If Denver asks for that, plus a pick, Donnie will tell them to shop elsewhere. Believe that.

I thought I just heard that on ESPN 1050 radio. That is the deal the Knicks want to give if they have to.

NYKNYGNYY
12-21-2010, 04:31 PM
i doubt he would go to the nets its a worse position then hes in now there not gonna be a contender especially when there trading away all there young players and picks....

sintaks12
12-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I thought I just heard that on ESPN 1050 radio. That is the deal the Knicks want to give if they have to.

You could be right, but god I hope not. Look our pieces aren't amazing, but we have promise. IMO the sum of Chandler, Gallo and Fields > Melo. Call me crazy. I hope Donnie doesn't completely gut the team if we do somehow get Melo.

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 04:34 PM

As I've said in the past: We apologize for DoMeFavors' behavior and any future disturbances which he may (and will) cause. His opinion is not indicative of other Nets fans and does not represent the mindset of others.

We apologize for the inconvenience, hopefully we can move forward amicably.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Nets Fans

sintaks12
12-21-2010, 04:36 PM
As I've said in the past: We apologize for DoMeFavors' behavior and any future disturbances which he may (and will) cause. His opinion is not indicative of other Nets fans and does not represent the mindset of others.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Nets Fans

LOL, nice.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 04:36 PM
i doubt he would go to the nets its a worse position then hes in now there not gonna be a contender especially when there trading away all there young players and picks....

Carmelo Anthony would be in a better position with the Nets, if he stays in Denver he is full of a lot of free agents this season like Smith, Martin, Nene and Billups stuggling along with Al Harrigton taking up 7 million for 5 years. The Nets have a young center in Lopez, shooters in Morrow, and playoff expierence. If he goes to the Knicks nobody has playoff expierence except Amare and Melo.

oak2455
12-21-2010, 04:44 PM

They have but nobody really cared and thats pretty much a fact, you see when the Knicks played the Rockets and the Spurs the area was excited when the Nets made it no one cared......thats the truth, not being whatever.. but its true:)

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Carmelo Anthony would be in a better position with the Nets, if he stays in Denver he is full of a lot of free agents this season like Smith, Martin, Nene and Billups stuggling along with Al Harrigton taking up 7 million for 5 years. The Nets have a young center in Lopez, shooters in Morrow, and playoff expierence. If he goes to the Knicks nobody has playoff expierence except Amare and Melo.

Stop it, you're giving us a bad name. Please.

The only players with playoff experience on the Nets are Farmar, Harris and The Machine. It's not as if the team is full of vets. Harris and Stat cancel out and Farmar and The Machine aren't exactly instrumental in the success and failure of the team, so Felton and those two cancel out. Come on.

Shooters in Morrow

Love it.

PhillyFaninLA
12-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Yankees struck out offseason (not trying to start anything just trying to make a point) and the Knicks got the Bronze metal last summer.

In sports sometimes you don't get what you want, and sometimes that turns out for the best. If you get Melo its because you struck out last summer. Things need to play out and you need to see long term (3 years or so) before you can really judge a big move as good or bad, whether its made or not.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-21-2010, 04:50 PM

Felton,Amare, Turiaf,Roger Mason all have playoff experience....

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Stop it, you're giving us a bad name. Please.

The only players with playoff experience on the Nets are Farmar, Harris and The Machine. It's not as if the team is full of vets. Harris and Stat cancel out and Farmar and The Machine aren't exactly instrumental in the success and failure of the team.

Love it.

I dont care if im giving you a bad name....I can speak my opinion

Harris- Finals starting PG
Farmar- back up for 2 finals
Sasha Vujacic- Scored 20 in the finals off the bench, sealed the game with 2 free throws.
Humphries backup pf on raptors.
Petro- started a Denver playoff game at Center, was a backup.
Outlaw- played in the playoffs with Blazers

Now Knicks
Amare- made it to W cof finals
Turiaf- was backup center on Lakers that lost to Celtics
then whooo?? Mason??
O yeah and Felton who has been a career NBA loser who hasnt won a playoff game, and got swept!

PhillyFaninLA
12-21-2010, 04:52 PM
LOL, nice.

I agree...gotta give you a lot of respect for that.

Robbw241
12-21-2010, 04:53 PM

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Nets Fans

Agreed :sigh:

Mudvayne91
12-21-2010, 04:53 PM
I agree completely. Let the chips fall where they may. Comparing crap and vomit does nobody any good

I just wanted to say I thought this was hilarious.

Kenny
12-21-2010, 04:56 PM

Sasha Vujacic- Scored 20 in the finals off the bench, sealed the game with 2 free throws.

Now Knicks
then whooo?? Mason??
O yeah and Felton who has been a career NBA loser who hasnt won a playoff game, and got swept!

LMAO this post is to funny

JerseysFinest
12-21-2010, 04:57 PM

Now Knicks
then whooo?? Mason??

you sir, are a very funny guy

NYKNYGNYY
12-21-2010, 04:57 PM

the knicks would be a better team with melo then the nets would be, in this league you now need 2 superstars

PhillyFaninLA
12-21-2010, 04:58 PM
LMAO this post is to funny

This came to my mind when I first read that post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLVi4v7lSM

(are we allowed to post youtube links on this site?)

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 04:59 PM
the knicks would be a better team with melo then the nets would be, in this league you now need 2 superstars

Well in a hypothetical scenario where both teams retain all their players and add Melo I would actually argue that the Nets would be a better team, but with the reported deal the Knicks would be better.

samevans7
12-21-2010, 05:04 PM

Now Knicks
then whooo?? Mason??

hey denver, why trade to nj or ny when u could trade to CHI for Scal?! He has made 2 finals appearances!

Weezy
12-21-2010, 05:07 PM
LOLOL. Funny thread! Yes!

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 05:09 PM

Thanks!

-Celtics fan

Why are you firing ppl up? What playoff experience? Ok if you count Farmar and Vujacic as playoff experience when they barely played. Harris? In 06? THAT Harris? Who else? I'm not even sure who your talking about... I believe Melo would fit nicely with the Nets but don't pull stuff out of your *** man. Do you forget Felton was in the playoffs with CHA? Amare right now>>>>> than Lopez AND Harris. Hate to say it but it's true. Don't irrationally hate. You gotta be like me and hate on an irrefutable level! :p

Nets fan 93
12-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Most talented player? Derrick ****ing Favors? Yeah right! Maybe he has potential to be the most talented player. But right now that is not even close to true. Favors is a good rebounder but thats about it. He isnt even as athletic as many people think he is. He misses a lot close up shots and really does not have any type of post game. Lopez is by far the most talented followed by Harris. BTW Melo is a top 10 player in the NBA.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Why are you firing ppl up? What playoff experience? Ok if you count Farmar and Vujacic as playoff experience when they barely played. Harris? In 06? THAT Harris? Who else? I'm not even sure who your talking about... I believe Melo would fit nicely with the Nets but don't pull stuff out of your *** man. Do you forget Felton was in the playoffs with CHA? Amare right now>>>>> than Lopez AND Harris. Hate to say it but it's true. Don't irrationally hate. You gotta be like me and hate on an irrefutable level! :p

Who are you a fan of? You never talk well about your franchise? When I say something, in defense of the Nets you start saying stuff to me? Its my opinion just dont respond to me then. You have a sig that is making fun of the Knicks well I never see their fans insult each other.
Do me a favor and dont respond to my posts again! :)

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Now Knicks
then whooo?? Mason??

Lmao where the **** is this coming from??? Yea go and tell Melo that he should want to play with Farmar and Vujacic instead of Amare. Should be interesting. I dislike the Knicks as much as you but your hate is irrational and frankly I would say a little obsessive.

Weezy
12-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Who are you a fan of? You never talk well about your franchise? When I say something, in defense of the Nets you start saying stuff to me? Its my opinion just dont respond to me then. You have a sig that is making fun of the Knicks well I never see their fans insult each other.

whooaaaahhhhhh using his own username to end his posts. Now that is what you call... clever.

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 05:23 PM
hey denver, why trade to nj or ny when u could trade to CHI for Scal?! He has made 2 finals appearances!

**** that! Robert Horry is still in shape. Sign him. Trade Melo for Adam Morrison.

Nets fan 93
12-21-2010, 05:25 PM
If this trade goes down The Nets are essentially the Nuggets with no bench. NY just showed what they could do against Denver in a well-contested victory. So at the very least, the teams are comparable.
Oh yeah I forgot Denver had Brook Lopez. Brook can be a better2nd option for Melo than Billups currently is.

NYKNYGNYY
12-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Go head. If you want to debate this you'll end up looking young AND stupid, but I'm not doing anything right now so I'll gladly do so. It's up to you.

im just saying that well still have amare and felton the nets will have to gut there whole team and theres nobody on your team that matches up to melo, lopez is a great player but no amare

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Go head. If you want to debate this you'll end up looking young AND stupid, but I'm not doing anything right now so I'll gladly do so. It's up to you.

Now THIS I'm looking forward to. Not too many big words or you might hurt someones brain thou

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Most talented player? Derrick ****ing Favors? Yeah right! Maybe he has potential to be the most talented player. But right now that is not even close to true. Favors is a good rebounder but thats about it. He isnt even as athletic as many people think he is. He misses a lot close up shots and really does not have any type of post game. Lopez is by far the most talented followed by Harris. BTW Melo is a top 10 player in the NBA.

That's what I meant. Sorry. I meant potential.

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 05:29 PM
im just saying that well still have amare and felton the nets will have to gut there whole team and theres nobody on your team that matches up to melo, lopez is a great player but no amare

Re-read my post.

Nets fan 93
12-21-2010, 05:33 PM
That's what I meant. Sorry. I meant potential.
Oh... no need to apologize though.:)

NYKNYGNYY
12-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Re-read my post.

whatever it dosnt matter its all opinion

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 05:37 PM
whatever it dosnt matter its all opinion

:laugh2: So this is your way of admitting that you're wrong? Whatever, I guess I'll take it. After all you are a Knicks fan, so getting you to curb your arrogance at all is an accomplishment.

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 05:38 PM

I'm not insulting you in any way, shape, or form. Sorry if you took it that way. Sorry for not endorsing your irrational and flawed hate. If you were to state that Gallinari was an uncoordinated, slow, overrated, unintelligent, clumsy idiot; I would say "dam he's got a point there". However your referencing playoff experience! Amares playoff experience trumps our whole squad's. Also they way Amare is playing makes him better than any of our players. Sorry for stating it the way I see it...:rolleyes:

PC
12-21-2010, 05:40 PM
whooaaaahhhhhh using his own username to end his posts. Now that is what you call... clever.

No, Do me a favor≠DoMeFavors

Learn to read please

NYKNYGNYY
:laugh2: So this is your way of admitting that you're wrong? Whatever, I guess I'll take it. After all you are a Knicks fan, so getting you to curb your arrogance at all is an accomplishment.

your an idiot your trying to say the nets are a better team then the knicks :facepalm: a team that went 12-70 last season that made a little improvment is better...okay buddy new jersey is the armpit of america

Kashmir13579
wait, am i reading this right? Al Harrington is the talent he's gonna bring with him to New Jersey....... LOL

NYsFinest
12-21-2010, 05:41 PM

I'll take Felton, Fields, Melo, Gallo, Chandler, Amare, Douglas, Turiaf, Azibukie

over

Harris, Farmar, Morrow, Ross, Outlaw, Melo, Favors, Humphries, Lopez

but again its an opinion

Weezy
12-21-2010, 05:41 PM
No, Do me a favor≠DoMeFavors

Learn to read please

I am going to devour your soul and throw it away.

Kashmir13579
12-21-2010, 05:44 PM
:laugh2:

newbs001
12-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Well in a hypothetical scenario where both teams retain all their players and add Melo I would actually argue that the Nets would be a better team, but with the reported deal the Knicks would be better.

Okay, so what's your argument?

PC
12-21-2010, 05:45 PM
wait, am i reading this right? Al Harrington is the talent he's gonna bring with him to New Jersey....... LOL

"My name's Al Harrington and I get buckets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWDJdcAbX4)!"

What else can you say, the man gets buckets

airronijordan
12-21-2010, 05:45 PM
There are many different things that you can take from this article and I just hear Woj on ESPN Radio 1050(NY)

1)I think NJ has a better chance of dealing fr Melo and Melo extending with them if the trade is done by the beginning of Jan., Bc NJ's record can't afford to wait till Feb. bc their record will look real bad by Feb. and that might make Melo lose interest.

2)Interesting thing is that in the offseason Den didn't even want to speak to Walsh but now they're having dialogues.

Another thing is that if Melo does go to NJ, they will probably be the 7th or 8th seed and then they would be forced to face the Celtics or Heat

If Melo is traded to NY...the Knicks will probably be a top 4 seed in the East and probably face the Bulls or Hawks....who are more beatable than the Celtics and Heat

My personal opinion is if a trade happens by early Jan, then Melo will most likely be a Net

If it goes beyond that time period, then he will probably be a Knick (bc he'll know that the trade deadline is only a few more weeks away and that the Nuggets will be desperate to move him, therefore he can pretty much force the Nuggs to trade him to NY by saying he'll only sign an extension in NY)

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 05:46 PM
your an idiot your trying to say the nets are a better team then the knicks :facepalm: a team that went 12-70 last season that made a little improvment is better...okay buddy new jersey is the armpit of america

Cogent argument. No way I can beat that. You're right, I'm wrong.

I'm from Harlem, by the way. I'll agree with you there, Jersey is the arm-pit of America.

I'll take Felton, Fields, Melo, Gallo, Chandler, Amare, Douglas, Turiaf, Azibukie

over

Harris, Farmar, Morrow, Ross, Outlaw, Melo, Favors, Humphries, Lopez

but again its an opinion

Well if we're just talking talent, then yes I would tend to agree. If we're talking about TEAM then I would argue that the Nets would put a better team out on the floor and have a coach whose style is more conducive to winning in the playoffs.

By the way, you left off Damion James and Troy Murphy -- both very talented players -- from the Nets' rotation.

PC
12-21-2010, 05:48 PM

:badidea:

But as for the trade, as long as it ends the Melo talks, I don't really care where he goes at this point

NYKNYGNYY
12-21-2010, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=YounG n STuPiD;16023898]Cogent argument. No way I can beat that. You're right, I'm wrong.

I'm from Harlem, by the way. I'll agree with you there, Jersey is the arm-pit of America.

lol yea as soon as you leave ny and go to jersey it smells like the whole state is a dump

Weezy
12-21-2010, 05:49 PM
:badidea:

But as for the trade, as long as it ends the Melo talks, I don't really care where he goes at this point

I sorta agree but I think most of us will care once it does happen. I am not even sure where he will end up. I still have a feeling this will go on till the last second on febs deadline. Just my hunch....

Nets fan 93
12-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Actually you are reading it wrong. Harris is the one being shipped out for talent.

NYsFinest
12-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Cogent argument. No way I can beat that. You're right, I'm wrong.

Well if we're just talking talent, then yes I would tend to agree. If we're talking about TEAM then I would argue that the Nets would put a better team out on the floor and have a coach whose style is more conducive to winning in the playoffs.

By the way, you left off Damion James and Troy Murphy -- both very talented players -- from the Nets' rotation.

You lost me when you said that Troy Murphy is an important part of your rotation... with averages of 4 ppg and 4 rpg shooting 33%... if he doesn't get traded for Melo the he will definitely not be re-signed this summer. He is not part of the Nets future regardless of what happens with the trades. Damion James is a solid prospect, but nothing to really talk about at this point. In this scenario he would miss the 9 man rotation, and maybe get some spot minutes that wont be a real influence at this point.

Again its an opinion which roster is more conducive to winning. Personally the way Felton is playing for NY I take him over Harris. Morrow is a very good SG but pretty one dimensional while the Knicks have solid defensive guys who can play the 2 Fields, Chandler, (Azibuikee when he gets healthy is > than Morrow as well). Outlaw as the back-up at the 3 is no match for either Gallo or Chandler. Amare dominates the PF position. Lopez is clearly better than anything the Knicks have at the C but I truly think that a jump shooting big man that doesn't like the paint or rebounds is not essential for winning, I'll take a gritty C that can barely score but bangs inside for the MLE in the summer and be satisfied.

Mike D has also been more (or at least equally as) successful in the play-offs than Johnson (both had extremely talented teams), so to say he is a better coach is an opinion as well. Johnson did go to the Finals, but D Antoni was a few suspensions away from doing the same, and most likely winning because the East was very weak.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 05:58 PM

Al harrigton is good, I dont know why you as a Knick fan dont like him he helped you guys out a lot. Dont hate Al he is a great role player, he is one of a few big men with that shooting ability.

Evolution23
12-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Al harrigton is good, I dont know why you as a Knick fan dont like him he helped you guys out a lot. Dont hate Al he is a great role player, he is one of a few big men with that shooting ability.

Hes a chucker and hang on rims at the end of games to cost your teams loses.

Kashmir13579
12-21-2010, 06:04 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh:

awww man... good one.

What else can you say, the man gets buckets

:laugh: We all know its true...

Kashmir13579
12-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Actually you are reading it wrong. Harris is the one being shipped out for talent.

the expiring contract of Troy Murphy(notes), two or three future first-round draft picks and $3 million to Denver for minimally Anthony and Harrington.

did i read it wrong, bro? i knew i read it correctly i was being rhetorical. :facepalm:

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 06:08 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh:

awww man... good one.

A lot of knick fans dont like the Nets, I remember when Carter was still on the Nets harrigton came in the 4th and shut down the Nets and hit a huge 3.

Lo Porto
12-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Nets get Melo, Billups, and Al Harrington
Blazers get Devin Harris, Troy Murphy and Kris Humphries
Nuggets get AK, Andre Miller, Favors, Ross and draft picks
Jazz get Camby and Matthews

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=25lbt6t

Why for NJ - they get Melo with buddies Billups and Al so he has incentive to sign that extension

Why for Portland - Harris for Miller is an upgrade and they shed Camby's deal for Murphy's expiring

Why for Denver - They save a TON of money (over $6 million this year plus luxury savings), get Favors, AK (who Denver would want), the younger and much cheaper Miller in place of Billups, and picks.

Why for Utah - Utah has always lacked a big like Camby who defends the paint & rebounds. Wes was a success in Utah

Kashmir13579
12-21-2010, 06:13 PM
A lot of knick fans dont like the Nets, I remember when Carter was still on the Nets harrigton came in the 4th and shut down the Nets and hit a huge 3.

your right that we don't like the Nets very much. hey man, if you want Al on your team and you think its a good idea to take his 35 million (or whatever) back to NJ with Melo, god bless. he's from NJ actually so from his standpoint it would be a great fit.

quiksilver2491
12-21-2010, 06:18 PM

You're easily one of the most ignorant posters I've come across. Another typical NY sports fan, hell you even have the 3 typical teams in you're user name.

The Knicks have been the laughing stock of the NBA for years, now their fans come show up after a 1/4 year of success? You might want to get to the playoffs for the first time in a decade before you bash a franchise that has gone to 2 Championships over that same time period.

As for NJ, if it's so horrible then why do millions of Bennys flock there each summer? I've been to a **** load of cities, and NY was by far the trashiest dump of them all.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-21-2010, 06:18 PM
With all that playoff experience how come u guys can't Win games. I think u should listen to Chill.. At least some of his posts make sense when bashing the Knicks... Ur reaching a little bit tooooo much.. I think u need a 20 second timeout there buddy.

nystandup
12-21-2010, 06:20 PM

Thanks!

-Celtics fan

Hey, how about no... and nobody cares who your a fan of. prob a front runner who starting liking the celtics once they got garnett and allen. and yeah ill stop talking when you make me. knicks will be a top team soon while the celtics will soon digress. hi hater

bkmikeyy
12-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Knicks don't NEED Melo. If he goes to the Nets, the Knicks have plenty of other moves they can do to improve the team. As much as I want Melo, it could be a blessing in disguise, we can use our expiring contracts and cap space in the summer to add a good center, real bench and maybe some more shooters. W/e happens happens, I just want it to happen already... this NBA rumors stuff is getting old.

Kashmir13579
12-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey, how about no... and nobody cares who your a fan of. prob a front runner who starting liking the celtics once they got garnett and allen. and yeah ill stop talking when you make me. knicks will be a top team soon while the celtics will soon digress. hi hater

i agree that he was being a dick but its not like the Cs are going anywhere... they'll lock up Rondo and have a lot of cap room once the Big 3 burns out.

nystandup
12-21-2010, 06:24 PM

you the man homey, and nothing you ever tell me will ever make me be quiet. go lose some more

Kashmir13579
12-21-2010, 06:24 PM
You're easily one of the most ignorant posters I've come across. Another typical NY sports fan, hell you even have the 3 typical teams in you're user name.

The Knicks have been the laughing stock of the NBA for years, now their fans come show up after a 1/4 year of success? You might want to get to the playoffs for the first time in a decade before you bash a franchise that has gone to 2 Championships over that same time period.

As for NJ, if it's so horrible then why do millions of Bennys flock there each summer? I've been to a **** load of cities, and NY was by far the trashiest dump of them all.

AZ says born alone die alone. he's from NYC as well as Nas.

nystandup
12-21-2010, 06:25 PM
i agree that he was being a dick but its not like the Cs are going anywhere... they'll lock up Rondo and have a lot of cap room once the Big 3 burns out.

idc he rubbed me the wrong way

quiksilver2491
12-21-2010, 06:40 PM
AZ says born alone die alone. he's from NYC as well as Nas.

Illmatic came out in 1994, Doe or Die wasn't released until a year later in 95. Nas created that line, AZ was the one who took it from him. Same thing Jay Z did with the whole "dead presidents" theme (well except for the fact that Nas and AZ were tight at the time, Nas and Jay Z weren't).

oak2455
12-21-2010, 06:45 PM
heard @RicBucher on mad dog radio today. Heard that Melo might prefer to test free agency to keep NY roster in tact.
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry

another Knick fan:rolleyes:

Netslunatic76
12-21-2010, 06:46 PM
you the man homey, and nothing you ever tell me will ever make me be quiet. go lose some more

Haha. The Knick fans wants to talk about losing. The Knicks have been Atlantic Division bottom feeders for the better part of the last decade.

Kashmir13579
12-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Illmatic came out in 1994, Doe or Die wasn't released until a year later in 95. Nas created that line, AZ was the one who took it from him. Same thing Jay Z did with the whole "dead presidents" theme (well except for the fact that Nas and AZ were tight at the time, Nas and Jay Z weren't).
Thanks for clarifying. both are great albums.

Kashmir13579
12-21-2010, 06:49 PM
idc he rubbed me the wrong way

hahah fair enough, i'm just sayin' you know, from a BASKETBALL standpoint.

NYKNYGNYY
12-21-2010, 06:53 PM

yea the knicks have been a laughing stock for a long long time so i think i deserve to gloat a little when there doing good, i grew up on those teams been to games for each of them and watch every game im a true fan, i watched the knicks when they were the laughing stock and the giants when they were terrible, the nets last season were on track to beat the worst record in the nba they get a rookie, outlaw and farmar and there better? you have a rapper as your sig in a sports forum who by the way is from new york, you must have been to the ****** parts of new york because there are some cities and towns that are ****ing amazing, ever been to beltair? where the **** are you from

nystandup
12-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Haha. The Knick fans wants to talk about losing. The Knicks have been Atlantic Division bottom feeders for the better part of the last decade.

im livin in the now

Netslunatic76
12-21-2010, 06:58 PM
yea the knicks have been a laughing stock for a long long time so i think i deserve to gloat a little when there doing good, i grew up on those teams been to games for each of them and watch every game im a true fan, i watched the knicks when they were the laughing stock and the giants when they were terrible, the nets last season were on track to beat the worst record in the nba they get a rookie, outlaw and farmar and there better? you have a rapper as your sig in a sports forum who by the way is from new york, you must have been to the ****** parts of new york because there are some cities and towns that are ****ing amazing, ever been to beltair? where the **** are you from

I don't know about that. They should humble themselves. After several crappy seasons they are finally having a winning season and that's good for them. Still, they are only a knee injury(Amare) being sub .500 again. Instead of kicking Nets fans when they are down, they should understand the hurt of watching your team get their ***** handed to them on a nightly basis.

nystandup
12-21-2010, 07:00 PM
and the nets are only a knee injury away(Lopez) from not winning anymore games this season

NYKNYGNYY
12-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I don't know about that. They should humble themselves. After several crappy seasons they are finally having a winning season and that's good for them. Still, they are only a knee injury(Amare) being sub .500 again. Instead of kicking Nets fans when they are down, they should understand the hurt of watching your team get their ***** handed to them on a nightly basis.

na i do understand im a knicks fan lol

NYsFinest
12-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Love the BENNY argument quicksilver, I just wonder if new york and new jersey were somehow moved to different parts of the continent from each other who loses out more.... the "BENNYs" or the people from new jersey

astrosmaniac
12-21-2010, 07:03 PM
and the nets are only a knee injury away(Lopez) from not winning anymore games this season

but unlike lopez, amare has a history of knee problems

NYKNYGNYY
12-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Love the BENNY argument quicksilver, I just wonder if new york and new jersey were somehow moved to different parts of the continent from each other who loses out more.... the "BENNYs" or the people from new jersey

have you ever seen a benny? there goons big ******** juiced up morons....bet quicksilver is the situation from jersey shore :rolleyes:

DoMeFavors
12-21-2010, 07:12 PM

The nets can be better without Lopez, your acting like hes lebron, he turns the ball over, he shoots in double teams, has one of the lowest basktball iqs in the league.

quiksilver2491
12-21-2010, 07:21 PM

Obviously the Nets aren't as good as the Knicks as of so far this season, but the way Knicks fans are describing their team you would think the Knicks are the Lakers and the Nets are the Clippers, which couldn't be more wrong when you look at the results of the past decade. Obviously the Knicks are New York's team in the same way the Lakers are LA's team but the Knicks certainly don't have Laker success under their belt.

As I've said, I personally don't mind NY the city at all, I've been there a **** load the only part of NY I've never been to is Staten Island. Sure it does have it's nicer areas but you don't judge a city off of that, you judge it as whole and for part it's trashy and vastly over polluted. I was born in Somerset county NJ, raised in Monmouth county but I moved out a little over year ago. I currently live right outside of Philly.

Netslunatic76
12-21-2010, 07:24 PM

Did I strike a nerve? All I'm saying is Amare has had microfracture surgery. At some point he will probably need another one. Things can go bad really quickly. I mean, you had to have heard all off season that his knees where one of the reason why people are saying he didn't deserve the max right?

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 07:26 PM

:clap: I hate the Knicks but it all stems from being a Nets fan and the rilvary we've developed. Truth be told I don't wish either of our teams to do bad. What I want is for us BOTH to do well and we BOTH get respect instead if being callled things like irrelevant which is worse to me than any insult. Also this should be clarified as a Knicks-Nets rilvary not a NY-NJ one. I go to NY like every weekend. I absolutely love NY. I love everything about it. I met my girl up there. This is strictly a sports rilvary. By the way... Gallo sucks... :p

quiksilver2491
12-21-2010, 07:29 PM

NJ seems to survive quite well the other 9 months of the year :shrug:

have you ever seen a benny? there goons big ******** juiced up morons....bet quicksilver is the situation from jersey shore :rolleyes:

The situation is from Staten Island, NEW YORK..not from NJ :laugh2:

netsgiantsyanks
12-21-2010, 07:40 PM

difference is brook lopez hasnt missed one game in his three year career while stat has chronic knee problems. nice try though

netsgiantsyanks
12-21-2010, 07:43 PM
:clap: I hate the Knicks but it all stems from being a Nets fan and the rilvary we've developed. Truth be told I don't wish either of our teams to do bad. What I want is for us BOTH to do well and we BOTH get respect instead if being callled things like irrelevant which is worse to me than any insult. Also this should be clarified as a Knicks-Nets silvery not a NY-NJ one. I go to NY like every weekend. I absolutely love NY. I love everything about it. I met my girl up there. This is strictly a sports rilvary. By the way... Gallo sucks... :p

defientely. i've lived in new york since i was 2 and hate the knicks. new york is good place to stay. but baltimore county is better. :p

Nate David+ Co.
12-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Did I strike a nerve? All I'm saying is Amare has had microfracture surgery. At some point he will probably need another one. Things can go bad really quickly. I mean, you had to have heard all off season that his knees where one of the reason why people are saying he didn't deserve the max right?

Yes..but people act like he just got it recently..he's been playing with it for a while now. theres always a chance of injury in the nba, so saying the knicks are one knee injury from being below .500 is just dumb.
i would love to say the nets are one knee injury away...
oh wait, they have there whole team and are still terrible :speechless:
lol
on a more serious note,
why would melo seriously want to go to NJ? to wait 2 years to go to brooklyn?
i need someone to explain it to me. That doesn't put melo into the situation he wants..he wants a chance a a ring. amar'e does that. lopez doesn't.
i'm simply stating facts..the fact that lopez and harris both played last season and the team had to get hot to win 12 games says something about your team. the nets fan act like melo would make them a winner. thats like a downgrade compared to denver...;)
oh did i strike a nerve? :D:D

Nets fan 93
12-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Yes..but people act like he just got it recently..he's been playing with it for a while now. theres always a chance of injury in the nba, so saying the knicks are one knee injury from being below .500 is just dumb.
lol
on a more serious note,
i need someone to explain it to me. That doesn't put melo into the situation he wants..he wants a chance a a ring. amar'e does that. lopez doesn't.
i'm simply stating facts..the fact that lopez and harris both played last season and the team had to get hot to win 12 games says something about your team. the nets fan act like melo would make them a winner. thats like a downgrade compared to denver...;)
Actually the Nets have been pretty banged up. Murphy was out for the 1st month. T-Will was sent to the D-League, Morrow strained his hamstring. James broke his foot. Harris has missed a couple games. How does Amar'e put Melo in position to win a ring? What has Amare ever won? He has gone far but was always beaten by the Spurs. Amare even had Nash. Defense wins. There are only like teams right now that would fit Melo's "win now" attitude. Boston, San Antonio and LA. So yeah. That why he wouldnt care that much about the Nets if they gain other assts with him. 3 year 65 million dollar extension is very big $$

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 07:56 PM
lol
on a more serious note,

Truth is, the Knicks don't offer Melo an opportunity to get a ring. They certainly get him closer than the Nets would, especially with the reported package they are planning/willing to give up in order to obtain him, but the Knicks don't get him over the hump.

That is, assuming the Knicks don't get CP3 in the off-season. Now if they can find a way to execute a trade for Paul then they could potentially be set-up to make a serious championship run. However with D'Antoni's style, the Knicks with just Melo, Stat, Felton and fillers are not going to get past the Heat or Bulls (assuming the Celtics are too old at this point to compete).

There are a lot of reasons why Melo should be interested in joining the Nets, but if the Nets give up what is being reported than that should significantly curb his interest. I still think it would behoove Melo to get to free-agency so that he can assess both the Knicks and the Nets as suitable-options, but with the impending CBA that probably won't happen.

oak2455
12-21-2010, 07:58 PM
difference is brook lopez hasnt missed one game in his three year career while stat has chronic knee problems. nice try though

that was 05-06 its now almost 2011 and hes kicking *** don't compare please.......but wait Brooke is dominating:rolleyes:

Netslunatic76
12-21-2010, 08:00 PM
lol
on a more serious note,

Yes, injuries are apart of the game. For some players it more apart of their game than others. . .

Why does Melo want to come to NJ? I don't know. Ask HIM why he hasn't said he doesn't want to play for them. I mean, I thought most you guys would realize after this past summer not everyone thinks as highly of the Knicks as you think.

You should know Harris was injured most of last year. And his numbers suffered. The Nets also had a GM with no coaching experience trying to coach one of the youngest teams in the NBA while the owner was still trying to figure out ways to save money(even after trading VC for scraps).

Knick fans(most) act like they have a chance of winning a championship this year. Even with Melo I don't think you guys are beating the Celtics and Heat, let alone the Lakers or Spurs.

No, you didn't strike a nerve. I'm a rational thinker not an elitist Knick fan.:)

oak2455
12-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Actually the Nets have been pretty banged up. Murphy was out for the 1st month. T-Will was sent to the D-League, Morrow strained his hamstring. James broke his foot. Harris has missed a couple games. How does Amar'e put Melo in position to win a ring? What has Amare ever won? He has gone far but was always beaten by the Spurs. Amare even had Nash. Defense wins. There are only like teams right now that would fit Melo's "win now" attitude. Boston, San Antonio and LA. So yeah. That why he wouldnt care that much about the Nets if they gain other assts with him. 3 year 65 million dollar extension is very big $$

you can't go with injuries every year...can you:confused:

Netslunatic76
12-21-2010, 08:02 PM
you can't go with injuries every year...can you:confused:

You can if it's a legit argument.

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 08:07 PM
You can if it's a legit argument.

Well, this year I'd say injuries aren't a legit argument. Yes James broke his foot, yes Harris got hurt in that Knicks game and yes Morrow strained his hamstring, but for the most part the Nets have dodged any major injuries. This year, it's become evident -- more so than in the past -- that the Nets need a number-one option to get them over the hump. They've been in nearly every game they've played and have had one of the hardest schedules in the league. Their problem is that when the team needs a bucket during crunch-time they don't have a reliable scorer who can carry them down the stretch.

Netslunatic76
12-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Well, this year I'd say injuries aren't a legit argument. Yes James broke his foot, yes Harris got hurt in that Knicks game and yes Morrow strained his hamstring, but for the most part the Nets have dodged any major injuries. This year, it's become evident -- more so than in the past -- that the Nets need a number-one option to get them over the hump. They've been in nearly every game they've played and have had one of the hardest schedules in the league. Their problem is that when the team needs a bucket during crunch-time they don't have a reliable number-one option.

I agree completely. I wasn't talking about this year specifically. More so last year.

knicks4life33
12-21-2010, 08:10 PM
nothing stinks worst then jersey lol

Nets fan 93
12-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, this year I'd say injuries aren't a legit argument. Yes James broke his foot, yes Harris got hurt in that Knicks game and yes Morrow strained his hamstring, but for the most part the Nets have dodged any major injuries. This year, it's become evident -- more so than in the past -- that the Nets need a number-one option to get them over the hump. They've been in nearly every game they've played and have had one of the hardest schedules in the league. Their problem is that when the team needs a bucket during crunch-time they don't have a reliable scorer who can carry them down the stretch.
Exactly. I am pretty sure if you can understand that. The people explaining to Melo why to sign the extension with the Nets understand that too. NJ is just a number 1 option away. It can easily be Melo.

nothing stinks worst then jersey lol
Or your grammar, lol.

nystandup
12-21-2010, 08:20 PM

nahh your comment is just miscellaneous. Thanks tho Dr. Net. I mean I've heard of his surgery, but ive also heard that he hgasn't gotten injured in what 2 or 3 years since it and has still dominated. Obviously we can agree he deserved the max

nystandup
12-21-2010, 08:22 PM

Know what your talking about first. How is Amare's surgery from a few years back chronic if he hasnt had any knee problems the past few years?

nystandup
12-21-2010, 08:24 PM
The nets can be better without Lopez, your acting like hes lebron, he turns the ball over, he shoots in double teams, has one of the lowest basktball iqs in the league.

thats a good selling point for getting Melo over here because supposively he'll be the only one of your "assets" remaining from your current team once the trade gets done

Netslunatic76
12-21-2010, 08:25 PM
nahh your comment is just miscellaneous. Thanks tho Dr. Net. I mean I've heard of his surgery, but ive also heard that he hgasn't gotten injured in what 2 or 3 years since it and has still dominated. Obviously we can agree he deserved the max

I would laugh if I didn't think you were being serious.:facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Or your grammar, lol.

Lmao well played sir. He tried to make an insult and instead proved how much of an idiot he is... I mean at LEAST spell check your **** before trying to insult... :pity:

nystandup
12-21-2010, 08:30 PM
I would laugh if I didn't think you were being serious.:facepalm:

you can laugh all you want but i think if you polled all the knicks fans in here, they would all agree that Amare was well worth the max after seeing him play this season for us, save the laughs for when he's beasting it in the playoffs.

nystandup
12-21-2010, 08:32 PM
defientely. i've lived in new york since i was 2 and hate the knicks. new york is good place to stay. but baltimore county is better. :p

Where in baltimore county do you live? i go to school over there. jw

arkanian215
12-21-2010, 08:33 PM

I dunno. Losing the starting 2 guard for 2 months is pretty major, especially after trading Twill.

oak2455
12-21-2010, 08:33 PM
No News since this morning:yawn:

Young and Stupid
12-21-2010, 08:34 PM
you can laugh all you want but i think if you polled all the knicks fans in here, they would all agree that Amare was well worth the max after seeing him play this season for us, save the laughs for when he's beasting it in the playoffs.

I don't think ANYBODY claimed that Amare wasn't worth the max based on his production on the court. It was the high-risk of Stat being injured sometime along the duration of the contract.

Amare is a beast, but those knees will give out and when they do Knicks fans will look back and realize that it was a mistake to sign him to an uninsured contract. That is assuming the Knicks don't end up with Melo and CP3, if they do then it was well worth the contract.

I dunno. Losing the starting 2 guard for 2 months is pretty major, especially after trading Twill.

Well first off, Morrow is out for 2-3 weeks, not a month. It should also be noted that the Nets are 2-2 since Morrow's injury, so that's not a valid excuse.

nystandup
12-21-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't think ANYBODY claimed that Amare wasn't worth the max based on his production on the court. It was the high-risk of Stat being injured sometime along the duration of the contract.

Amare is a beast, but those knees will give out and when they do Knicks fans will look back and realize that it was a mistake to sign him to an uninsured contract. That is assuming the Knicks don't end up with Melo and CP3, if they do then it was well worth the contract.

soo im suppose to believe that because your telling me his knees will give out that they are definately going to. guess DOnnie might as well trade away amare with your insider information.

NYY09
12-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Even if the Nets get him, you will still hear Knicks fans talking about CP3 going to NY for the next 2 years and then after that Dwight. So get ready!:(

Sad but true. :facepalm:

netsgiantsyanks
12-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Where in baltimore county do you live? i go to school over there. jw

i was born there. my aunt and uncle lives over there. i dont remember exactly, but they live like 2 blocks away from a 7-11 and about 2 minutes away from a mall that happens to have a chuck e cheese. :shrug:

netsgiantsyanks
12-21-2010, 09:00 PM
fighting with knick fans on this site is weird. considering that most of them are yankee fans too and im in the yankee forum alot.

kblo247
12-21-2010, 11:32 PM
I'll throw it out there. New Jersey is looking at eating Brandon Roy's contracts and rolling the dice on his knees to give Melo his own big 3 with Lopez.

DoMeFavors
12-22-2010, 12:15 AM
I'll throw it out there. New Jersey is looking at eating Brandon Roy's contracts and rolling the dice on his knees to give Melo his own big 3 with Lopez.

As a Net fan I would take Roy with his bad knees.

DwayneMVPwade
12-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Denver dont be like Toronto and Cleveland, their lost their stars for pretty much nothing. I would take favors, who could be the face of the franchaise in a few years.

Atownballa5
12-22-2010, 12:27 AM

where you hear that?

xabial
12-22-2010, 12:41 AM
If Brook lopez Rebounds to his 7 Ft Potential and focuses equally on the Defensive End That would be a Scary 1-2 Punch.

NYKNYGNYY
12-22-2010, 01:45 AM
NJ seems to survive quite well the other 9 months of the year :shrug:

The situation is from Staten Island, NEW YORK..not from NJ :laugh2:

dam lmao....how did u know that hahaha

btw ive never even watched the show

knicks_champ
12-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Deja Vu all over again. :facepalm:

Wasn't this like this a couple months ago? Damn the Nets sounds like a horny guy on his prom night looking for a girl.

But in all seriousness I hope they do get him if we don't. It will be fun to have a Nets vs Knicks rivalry.

Nets fan 93
12-22-2010, 05:22 PM
If Brook lopez Rebounds to his 7 Ft Potential and focuses equally on the Defensive End That would be a Scary 1-2 Punch.
Offensively Brook and Melo would be a a very scary 1-2 punch. Kris Humphries does all the dirty work like rebounding and hustling to loose balls. If you don't believe me check his stats.

Deja Vu all over again. :facepalm:

Wasn't this like this a couple months ago? Damn the Nets sounds like a horny guy on his prom night looking for a girl.

But in all seriousness I hope they do get him if we don't. It will be fun to have a Nets vs Knicks rivalry.
Um.. Of course they are going to rework it. NJ was always interested and the Nuggets just gained interest again after stepping out of the original deal. Melo also seems a little more interested. Hopefully the Nets can get enough to satisfy Melo.

Basketball=life
12-22-2010, 05:57 PM
he is not going to NJ he is going to NY

Nets fan 93
12-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Man ohhh man he's not going to the Nets....not happening ever...Ever....move on there are other players..he's not that into you..LOL:D
The Nets are getting more and more desperate... you don't see it happening at all?

BklynKnicks3
12-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Net fans are to funny they will take Roy bad Knees but talk about Amare

iggypop123
12-26-2010, 01:10 AM

i guess its not a scary 1-2 punch

Mudvayne91
12-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Why do I see so many people capitalizing random words on here? I didn't think much of it a first, but I notice it a lot now. Is it the program they're using or just odd typers.

JFresh_#8Nets
12-26-2010, 03:08 AM
he is not going to NJ he is going to NY

Well of course, as soon as we move there. Meanwhile he'll be here in Jersey.

JFresh_#8Nets
12-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Net fans are to funny they will take Roy bad Knees but talk about Amare

Basically.

newbs001
12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Wow...

Adrian Wojnarowski
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
As @KenBerg_CBS writes, NJ frustrated with Denver's price for Melo. DEN wants 5 first round picks as part of bigger package, sources tell Y!
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Another problem for NJ, rival exec in talks says: In current multi-team discussions, NJ would give up Devin Harris w/o getting a PG back.
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»

oak2455
12-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Wow...

Adrian Wojnarowski
As @KenBerg_CBS writes, NJ frustrated with Denver's price for Melo. DEN wants 5 first round picks as part of bigger package, sources tell Y!

Another problem for NJ, rival exec in talks says: In current multi-team discussions, NJ would give up Devin Harris w/o getting a PG back.
»

this just in this is painful:facepalm:

Jetsguy
12-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Wow...

Adrian Wojnarowski

»

Rediculous...I am not a Nets fan but they are beyond dumb to even consider. Denver can continue to be like this and get nothing for him after the season, simple as that.

Sly Guy
12-30-2010, 02:27 PM
5 picks is way too much for a guy who's contract is up this summer.....even with promise to resign.

[verbal contracts are just so shady]

SteBO
12-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Five Picks!!!!???? :speechless:

That must be some good stuff Denver's smoking, cuz no way in hell they're getting five picks for Melo in addition to young talent! That's ABSURD!!!
I guess they'll lose him in free agency for nothing if this is how they're going to do business. It amuses me that they don't know when trading a franchise player, there's no way you get close to equal value in return. It's a simple concept to grasp. :pity:

kntresistheheat
12-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Wow...

Adrian Wojnarowski

»

Five picks:speechless:Dont do it NJ that is just crazy!

SouthSideRookie
12-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't read much into this, aren't talks on hold for now after the death Of Carmelo's sister?

SteBO
12-30-2010, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't read much into this, aren't talks on hold for now after the death Of Carmelo's sister?

It was, but it seems that's over with. Especially with news coming out.

netsgiantsyanks
12-30-2010, 02:54 PM
5 picks?? PLUS derrick favors???? :laugh2:

netsgiantsyanks
12-30-2010, 02:55 PM
if billy king fathoms the thought of doing that trade in the slighest bit, i just might have to smack somebody.

29$JerZ
12-30-2010, 02:55 PM
5 picks?

lol

That's 2k status

FinsSuperBowl
12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Nets gets Mello, Jr Smith (he is from Jersey by the way), Andre Miller

Den gets Favors, a first rd pick 2011, Troy Murphy, Rudy fernandez, Gerald Wallace

Por gets Dj Augustin, Al Harrington, Sasha Vujacic

Cha gets Devin Harris, Nicolas Batum

ElFuturoDeESPN
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
^ giving up Batum, Rudy AND Andre for that package? Pass. If it were for Crash I might be more reluctant.

Flash3
12-30-2010, 03:27 PM
^ giving up Batum, Rudy AND Andre for that package? Pass. If it were for Crash I might be more reluctant.

nice sig :puke:

Chill_Will_24
12-30-2010, 04:34 PM
That's just crazy! I get the feeling that Melo already went to DEN and told them he'll only resign with NY and DEN is just using these talks with NJ to force NY into raising their offer. Problem is that NY is not desperate for Melo. In fact they would prolly be better off without him so DEN might be outta luck!