PDA

View Full Version : Teams With Not Even One Player With A Ring?

210Don
12-21-2010, 12:47 AM
what are some teams with absolutely no rings by any signed player?
please correct me if im wrong.

thunder
suns
rockets
grizzlies
mavs
clippers
hawks
knicks
bucks
raptors
cavs
wizards

ok these are the teams that dont have at least one player with a ring so called "championship experience" how could any one of these teams win a ring if not even one of them on the team ever won one? found it odd the mavs were in there with so many bad teams. what yall think?
and i wonder when was the last time a team with no rings whatsoever won a championship

LTBaByyy
12-21-2010, 12:59 AM
Dude, get a life.

asandhu23
12-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Golden State Warriors... unless Dorell Wright has a ring

NYKSpiritBomb
12-21-2010, 01:02 AM

thunder
suns
rockets
grizzlies
mavs
clippers
hawks
knicks
bucks
raptors
cavs
wizards

ok these are the teams that dont have at least one player with a ring so called "championship experience" how could any one of these teams win a ring if not even one of them on the team ever won one? found it odd the mavs were in there with so many bad teams. what yall think?
and i wonder when was the last time a team with no rings whatsoever won a championship

one stop baiting mav fans because theyre the best team in the west right now

two

i wonder when was the last time a team with no rings whatsoever won a championship

houston rockets '93

three

anyone can win and be the best team at any point with the right staff top to bottom, otherwise noone would watch the NBA

210Don
12-21-2010, 01:04 AM
im not baiting im stating facts didnt know that rockets teams that was a good team 2.

NYKSpiritBomb
12-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Dude, get a life.

2x's wasn't he complaining in another thread earlier after the heat lost to the mavs

210Don
12-21-2010, 01:05 AM
i wasnt trying to bait man sorry damn teh mavs are good i just wondered and ima bball stat junkie and i think d wright won one with the heat mght be wrong though
and im not a heat fan so i dont know why id be bithchin like i said stat junkie i am

godolphins
12-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Wright did win one with the Heat

Baller1
12-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Well the Mavs and Thunder are definitely the "odd men out" on that list.

bholly
12-21-2010, 02:32 AM
Someone in the Sixer forum pointed out a few weeks ago (and I checked to confirm) that we don't have a single player with a career winning record.

210Don
12-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Someone in the Sixer forum pointed out a few weeks ago (and I checked to confirm) that we don't have a single player with a career winning record.

lol i didnt put them cuz they have kapono i think he won one with heat

bholly
12-21-2010, 02:51 AM
lol i didnt put them cuz they have kapono i think he won one with heat

Yeah, you're right that Kapono has a ring (although he's barely even on our team), but what I'm saying is that overall, in terms of total career record, everyone on our team is <.500

Also, I don't think your 'how can you win without a past champion?' argument has too much merit. The '94 and '95 Rockets repeated as champs, and they only had Earl Cureton the first year. I'm pretty sure they would've won without his 2 finals minutes.

I don't think either the '91 Bulls or the '89 Pistons had past champs either, at least not significant ones, and they each repeated, too.

John Walls Era
12-21-2010, 02:57 AM
Dude, get a life.

Yup I agree.

What are people suppose to discuss?

210Don
12-21-2010, 03:04 AM
Yeah, you're right that Kapono has a ring (although he's barely even on our team), but what I'm saying is that overall, in terms of total career record, everyone on our team is <.500

Also, I don't think your 'how can you win without a past champion?' argument has too much merit. The '94 and '95 Rockets repeated as champs, and they only had Earl Cureton the first year. I'm pretty sure they would've won without his 2 finals minutes.

I don't think either the '91 Bulls or the '89 Pistons had past champs either, at least not significant ones, and they each repeated, too.

i get it but i mean great teams add those vet guys that have won championships just to help they guys who havent like the 08 celtics had cassel and posey those guys were integral with championship experience .

Tony_Starks
12-21-2010, 03:40 AM
Josh Powell on the Hawks got a couple rings with LA.

Anyway I kinda see where you're going but Im sure on some of those teams guys have still been to the finals. Even though they didn't win that experience is still valuable. Some may even say more valuable because they can speak on where their team went wrong and the hurt of getting that close to a ring and blowing it.

Blazers#1Fan
12-21-2010, 04:02 AM
portland doesnt unless sean marks has one i know andre miller and camby both dont and the rest of the squad doesnt either

Blazers#1Fan
12-21-2010, 04:04 AM
portland doesnt unless sean marks has one i know andre miller and camby both dont and the rest of the squad doesnt either

nevermind Marks got one with the spurs in 05

210Don
12-21-2010, 04:04 AM

yeah sean marks won one in 05 with the spurs

Sactown
12-21-2010, 04:08 AM
I don't think the Kings have anyone

210Don
12-21-2010, 04:10 AM
I don't think the Kings have anyone

beno has 2 with the spurs lol

xbrackattackx
12-21-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't think Barne,Smith,Ratliff and Blake have one. We need to fix that.

I like this threads general idea...

If any team wants off this list for not having Championship EXP on their team, Morrison is a free agent.

JordansBulls
12-21-2010, 10:47 AM

thunder
suns
rockets
grizzlies
mavs
clippers
hawks
knicks
bucks
raptors
cavs
wizards

1991 the Bulls had no player with a title at the time either and won it all.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 10:48 AM

This. At the end of the day, it's about having the right mix of players.

Iron24th
12-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Josh Powell on the Hawks got a couple rings with LA.

Anyway I kinda see where you're going but Im sure on some of those teams guys have still been to the finals. Even though they didn't win that experience is still valuable. Some may even say more valuable because they can speak on where their team went wrong and the hurt of getting that close to a ring and blowing it.

Good call.

BALLER R
12-21-2010, 11:20 AM
let me ask you something kapono has a ring jason kidd doesn't but he has been to the finals...whos more valuable the guy with the ring or the guy that has only been to the finals

THE MTL
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM

thunder
suns
rockets
grizzlies
mavs
clippers
hawks
knicks
bucks
raptors
cavs
wizards

You right dude! Because Darko Millic has a championship he gonna show the Wolves how to win a championship over guys like: Josh Smith, Amare Stoudemaire, Brook Lopez, Kevin Martin, Steve Nash, Rudy Gay, and Dirk Nowitski.

This makes no sense!

JermanJaysFan
12-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Even if teams don't have NBA champions, its not like they don't know what playoffs (NBA or otherwise) are like. These guys have been playing basketball their whole life- if they haven't won NBA champions, they've all played in at least highschool tournaments/playoffs, college tournaments/March Madness, international compeitions and professional playoffs...

Carey
12-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Our coach has one, does that count? lol

MacFitz92
12-21-2010, 11:46 AM

;)

YoungOne
12-21-2010, 12:01 PM
tony allen has a ring, so the grizzlies dont belong to that list ;)

jmb8311
12-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Our coach has one, does that count? lol

Actually, I think the playoff experience a coach has is more of an attribute to a team than the playoff experience of the players.

ttam68
12-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Having veteran experience can be measured in a lot of ways other than the number of rings on a team.

For example:

Jason Kidd is providing the Mavs with a hell of a lot more experience than Jason Kapono is to the Sixers. Playoff experience and current role on the team factor need to be factored in.

king4day
12-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Wipe the Suns off that list. Earl Barron has a ring with the Heat.

sep11ie
12-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Your getting coal in your stocking for starting this thread.

rpgmaster86
12-21-2010, 02:28 PM
didn't the pistons in 04 win a championship without any players on the roster that won a ring previously? i'm not sure tho

ManRam
12-21-2010, 02:30 PM
I think the experience thing is overrated. That is all...

Baller1
12-21-2010, 02:54 PM
I think the experience thing is overrated. That is all...

Agreed.

Bluffmasta
12-21-2010, 03:40 PM
one stop baiting mav fans because theyre the best team in the west right now

two

i wonder when was the last time a team with no rings whatsoever won a championship

houston rockets '93

three

anyone can win and be the best team at any point with the right staff top to bottom, otherwise noone would watch the NBA

i dont think he was baiting mavs fan, he found it weird with a team that stacked no one has one. If he was baiting it would of been a thread that no one on the mavs has won a ring.

Second the spurs are the best team in the west

i agree with your third point entirely.