PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash Doesn't See Reason To Request Trade

JordansBulls
12-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Link (http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2010/12/19/20101219phoenix-suns-optimistic-three-newcomers.html)

"I'm optimistic that it can help us short- and long-term," Nash said. "It sounds like it would've been tough to keep J-Rich in the summer anyway so it was a chance to take a move in a new direction.

"I signed the contract extension to stay," Nash said. "I did that for a reason. I wanted to play with these guys, some of them. At least some of them were here when I signed. I still think we have a chance to be a good team. You just got to roll with it. What are my options? Quit?"

"I could be in a city that maybe doesn't have the guys we have," Nash said. "I want to be positive and make this a great opportunity and a great season. I know a lot of people are telling me to demand a trade. If I demand one, does that mean I get to pick my team? No. It's not that simple. Maybe somebody could explain to me the reasoning. You can't just go in and tell management where you want to go. I signed to play here and I want to make this team a really good one."

VinSUNity
12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
More players need attitudes like Steve Nash.

dodie53
12-20-2010, 09:03 PM
great player with a great attitude

braveniler58
12-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Like the majority of the Suns fans have said in the past; Steve isn't going anywhere.

He truly is one of the greatest players in the history of the NBA. Incredibly loyal. I really hope we, somehow, get him a ring before he retires.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I hope they move him to a contender honestly. It's the least they could do after the latest trade.

Big hugs king4day

Duncan = Donkey
12-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Proper attitude. He not the type to just request a trade or just leave and join a super team, like some other dudes.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Proper attitude. He not the type to just request a trade or just leave and join a super team, like some other dudes.
He won't ask, Phoenix, out of respect, should do it for him. This team will struggle for .500. He deserves better IMO

braveniler58
12-20-2010, 09:11 PM
I hope they move him to a contender honestly. It's the least they could do after the latest trade.

Big hugs king4day

"the least they could do" ?

No.

Steve Nash does not want to go anywhere. If the Suns trade him, they would be doing the OPPOSITE of what Nash wants.

If he wants to be traded, he'll ask for one. He hasn't.

braveniler58
12-20-2010, 09:12 PM
He won't ask, Phoenix, out of respect, should do it for him. This team will struggle for .500. He deserves better IMO

You don't get it. He's said in the past that he doesn't want to win a championship for himself, he wants to win one for Phoenix.

Duncan = Donkey
12-20-2010, 09:12 PM

He had a chance to leave when his contract was up. He chose to stay knowing Amare was as good as gone. Not everyone is a ring chaser.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:14 PM
"the least they could do" ?

No.

Steve Nash does not want to go anywhere. If the Suns trade him, they would be doing the OPPOSITE of what Nash wants.

If he wants to be traded, he'll ask for one. He hasn't.

Thats nonsense.

He is wasn't very happy b4 they let go of JRich. ...and to get VC for the sole purpose of an expiring contract... Which means they are going to rebuild.... Come on now...

He won't ask. He's too loyal.

They need to do him a favor and send him somewhere his talents will matter.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:16 PM
He had a chance to leave when his contract was up. He chose to stay knowing Amare was as good as gone. Not everyone is a ring chaser.

But every team should respect a great player.

There is nothing wrong with saying, we loved you, ur great, we are rebuilding... Heres your shot, do well outside of Phoenix.

JPHX
12-20-2010, 09:17 PM
lol. why do the suns owe him anything? hes making $10mil+.

braveniler58
Thats nonsense.

He is wasn't very happy b4 they let go of JRich. ...and to get VC for the sole purpose of an expiring contract... Which means they are going to rebuild.... Come on now...

He won't ask. He's too loyal.

They need to do him a favor and send him somewhere his talents will matter.

The Suns did not get Vince for the sole purpose of an expiring contract... J-Rich IS an expiring contract. By swapping J-Rich for Vince, we lost at least 4 mil (VC's buyout).

Once again, if the Suns sent Nash elsewhere, they wouldn't be doing him a favor. That's not what he wants.

eibbor
You don't get it. He's said in the past that he doesn't want to win a championship for himself, he wants to win one for Phoenix.

Well hopefully he plays til he's 50 then. Just sayin.

Out of respect they need to let him go. Say what u will but he's not happy over the team and esp the trade.

braveniler58
12-20-2010, 09:19 PM

There is nothing wrong with saying, we loved you, ur great, we are rebuilding... Heres your shot, do well outside of Phoenix.

We are not rebuilding, by the way. We addressed our biggest issue with the trade; we got a center that can defend and rebound to help out Lopez. Another huge issue we addressed was getting rid of Hedo. He was hurting our team, and Dragic's development.

We've gotten better due to this trade. Once the chemistry flows better, this team should be pretty good.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:19 PM
The Suns did not get Vince for the sole purpose of an expiring contract... J-Rich IS an expiring contract. By swapping J-Rich for Vince, we lost at least 4 mil (VC's buyout).

Once again, if the Suns sent Nash elsewhere, they wouldn't be doing him a favor. That's not what he wants.

They without question got VC for expiring...

Just because he isn't on ESPN griping... He isn't happy and you dont know what he wants any more than I do.

I'm sure if he got traded to a contending team he'd just cry real tears after he just watched his team get raped in that trade.

Come on man

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:20 PM
We are not rebuilding, by the way. We addressed our biggest issue with the trade; we got a center that can defend and rebound to help out Lopez. Another huge issue we addressed was getting rid of Hedo. He was hurting our team, and Dragic's development.

We've gotten better due to this trade. Once the chemistry flows better, this team should be pretty good.

You didn't even come close to getting better...

Next season rebuilding starts without question.

Book it.

Shady66
12-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Well hopefully he plays til he's 50 then. Just sayin.

Out of respect they need to let him go. Say what u will but he's not happy over the team and esp the trade.

lol k, thanks for the input

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:22 PM
lol k, thanks for the input

You're welcome

HoopsDrive
12-20-2010, 09:22 PM

Book it.

They did just by getting rid of Turkoglu.

braveniler58
12-20-2010, 09:23 PM
They without question got VC for expiring...

Just because he isn't on ESPN griping... He isn't happy and you dont know what he wants any more than I do.

I'm sure if he got traded to a contending team he'd just cry real tears after he just watched his team get raped in that trade.

Come on man

If we wanted an expiring contract, we would have kept JRich.

I don't know what he wants for 100% sure, no, but I follow the Suns, and I've seen the many comments he's made, and from what he's said, he wants to stay in Phoenix, and win a championship there. He doesn't want to go anywhere else. If you refuse to believe what Nash has said himself, then there's nothing more that can be said.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:23 PM
They did just by getting rid of Turkoglu.

Nah, under .500 this season...

Got VC for money purposes.

Why shopuld Nash have to stick around when next year they are going to dismantle?

braveniler58
12-20-2010, 09:25 PM

Book it.

Lol, what? Yes, we have. We immediately got better the moment we got rid of Hedo.

I'm done discussing this with you. You know nothing about Nash nor the Suns.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:25 PM
If we wanted an expiring contract, we would have kept JRich.

I don't know what he wants for 100% sure, no, but I follow the Suns, and I've seen the many comments he's made, and from what he's said, he wants to stay in Phoenix, and win a championship there. He doesn't want to go anywhere else. If you refuse to believe what Nash has said himself, then there's nothing more that can be said.

He's a class act. He's not going to demand anything.

He also shouldn't have to stay on a below .500 team.

Thats all I'm saying.

Gosh I know u guys are homers but take a look at the big picture jeez

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Lol, what? Yes, we have. We immediately got better the moment we got rid of Hedo.

I'm done discussing this with you. You know nothing about Nash nor the Suns.

You got worse the moment you got VC. Unreal.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:29 PM
You move ur 2nd best player for VC, who there is no way you will keep...

So obviously it was for the expiring.. you would have kept JRich. Even NASH said on his twitter he was bummed to see Rich go...

So next year VC is gone...

So what do you have? Gortat? Really????????????

I'm just saying, they will rebuild, and Nash deserves better.

king4day
12-20-2010, 09:30 PM

Big hugs king4day

Nash looks like he'll have a couple of good years beyond next year (when his contract expires). I think if Miami doesn't already have a couple of top notch PG's, that he may go there. But until then, it's clear that Sarver is at least trying to get him more help.

He won't come out public and say he wants a trade though. If he is really not happy, I'm sure he'll talk to the GM and owner and they can discuss possibilities.

Like he said, he can't pick where he goes to. We could deal him to Atlanta but it doesn't mean they win a title.
Maybe Boston, but more likely Free Agency in Miami.

HoopsDrive
12-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Nah, under .500 this season...
Got VC for money purposes.

Why shopuld Nash have to stick around when next year they are going to dismantle?

What's the bolded got to do with the Suns getting better with the trade?

Hedo needs the ball to be effective on offense, something that just isn't possible with the Suns since Nash is the obvious engine of the team. On defense, the guy's a liability.

Gortat is a capable center who could start for some NBA team out there. Suns needed a body down low with Lopez and Turkoglu as a PF is just asking for trouble.

JPHX
12-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Sorry that I make sense.

So obviously it was for the expiring.. you would have kept JRich. Even NASH said on his twitter he was bummed to see Rich go...

He had the chance to leave. He knew everything would go downhill with the risks of losing Amare and everything. Yet he signed an extension. Im wondering how you know so much of steve's thinking? do you stalk him? otherwise your assessment is basically assupmtion.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:33 PM
What's the bolded got to do with the Suns getting better with the trade?

Hedo needs the ball to be effective on offense, something that just isn't possible with the Suns since Nash is the obvious engine of the team. On defense, the guy's a liability.

Gortat is a capable center who could start for some NBA team out there. Suns needed a body down low with Lopez and Turkoglu as a PF is just asking for trouble.

I didn't bold anything.

Despite all you say, your team is worse.

Sorry.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Nash looks like he'll have a couple of good years beyond next year (when his contract expires). I think if Miami doesn't already have a couple of top notch PG's, that he may go there. But until then, it's clear that Sarver is at least trying to get him more help.

He won't come out public and say he wants a trade though. If he is really not happy, I'm sure he'll talk to the GM and owner and they can discuss possibilities.

Like he said, he can't pick where he goes to. We could deal him to Atlanta but it doesn't mean they win a title.
Maybe Boston, but more likely Free Agency in Miami.

Thank you for not attacking me lol

See, that's all I'm saying. He has good years and its no disrespect but Pho isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So thats why I asked about moving him.

Look I'm a Pacers fan and I know its hard to let go and rebuild... But that's why I'm saying why not help they guy out. He's never ask.

king4day
12-20-2010, 09:36 PM

They dealt Richardson as he was the only way we could off Hedo's contract.
He wasn't going to be resigned, so what's the point in keeping him when we can get a very similar player in Carter?

Gortat gives us a young Center locked in for many years.

Richardson and Carters expiring are very similar (we save about 1mil or so if we buy him out).

We get rid of a cap squeezing contract in hedo and replace him with two players we can use.

By thinking Gortat is not a big part of this deal shows that you aren't familiar with him nor the Suns team though.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:38 PM
He had the chance to leave. He knew everything would go downhill with the risks of losing Amare and everything. Yet he signed an extension. Im wondering how you know so much of steve's thinking? do you stalk him? otherwise your assessment is basically assupmtion.

I'm sorry, but your post is ridiculous.

We are all allowed to have opinions.

Sorry that i Have one and sorry you can't get off his jock and have a debate.

HoopsDrive
12-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I didn't bold anything.

Despite all you say, your team is worse.

Sorry.

It's the part that I bolded.

The Suns are not my team.

I'm not arguing if they're in rebuild mode or oncourse to one. I'm saying that the trade did make the Suns a better team.

king4day
12-20-2010, 09:41 PM

The other part of this is...it is a business too. Nash brings fans to the arena. We can't just deal him to a deal we know he could win with. If that were the case, we'd just take Miami's '1 year contracts' and Chalmers and then buy most of them out.

We need to get a player who would be alluring to fans as well. Losing Nash = losing about 20 more games a season.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:42 PM
They dealt Richardson as he was the only way we could off Hedo's contract.
He wasn't going to be resigned, so what's the point in keeping him when we can get a very similar player in Carter?

Gortat gives us a young Center locked in for many years.

Richardson and Carters expiring are very similar (we save about 1mil or so if we buy him out).

We get rid of a cap squeezing contract in hedo and replace him with two players we can use.

By thinking Gortat is not a big part of this deal shows that you aren't familiar with him nor the Suns team though.

No you got a back up center and a bench player, VC is gone next season. You got him for the expiring.

You would prob have kept Rich as he was ur 2nd best player and best offensive player... AND someone Nash likes and wanteds to keep.

So since you are getting rid of all that loot next season you have to rebuild...

If not what do u seriously have? Nash, Gortat... Maybe Lopez??? Welcome to a 40 win season.

Nash deserves better.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:43 PM
The other part of this is...it is a business too. Nash brings fans to the arena. We can't just deal him to a deal we know he could win with. If that were the case, we'd just take Miami's '1 year contracts' and Chalmers and then buy most of them out.

We need to get a player who would be alluring to fans as well. Losing Nash = losing about 20 more games a season.

Well I don't disagree... But to lose and say you keep butts in seats is wrong tho. I'm sure you coyuld get some name for Nash and still do him right ya know.

king4day
12-20-2010, 09:52 PM
No you got a back up center and a bench player, VC is gone next season. You got him for the expiring.

You would prob have kept Rich as he was ur 2nd best player and best offensive player... AND someone Nash likes and wanteds to keep.

So since you are getting rid of all that loot next season you have to rebuild...

If not what do u seriously have? Nash, Gortat... Maybe Lopez??? Welcome to a 40 win season.

Nash deserves better.

Dallas tried signing him to be their new starting center last year. Not saying he's top 5 or top 10 centers in the league but he's very good. His defense and rebounding alone are worth the trade. We give up too many boards it's embarrassing.

We're not in complete rebuild mode. Retooling is more like it. We did that last year and wound up in the West finals.

elizur
12-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Why is it a bad attitude if someone wants to leave. They did not have the option to pick where they got drafted. Clearly, some places are better than others. People leave companies they do not enjoy all the time. Why is this different. It is not. Nash is the man ,but Melo certainly is not a bad guy because he wants to leave Denver. I mean it is Denver.

P.S. the only reason I brought Melo into this was everyone inferring Nash is a better person than Melo because Nash said that. Please..

DwayneMVPwade
12-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Love Nash's attitude, but i want to see Nash win a title. I dont think Nash will win a title in Pheonix

eibbor
12-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Love Nash's attitude, but i want to see Nash win a title. I dont think Nash will win a title in Pheonix

Amen

dtmagnet
12-20-2010, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't expect anything less from Nash, great player and great person.

Blazers#1Fan
12-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Like the majority of the Suns fans have said in the past; Steve isn't going anywhere.

He truly is one of the greatest players in the history of the NBA. Incredibly loyal. I really hope we, somehow, get him a ring before he retires.

best way for you guys to get him a ring is trade him on the outside looking in it looks like your team needs to rebuild!

Blazers#1Fan
12-20-2010, 10:33 PM

best places for him to go is MIA,BOS,LA to get him a Ring!

jasonbird
12-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Steve Nash is a good guy,,,why trade him??

For money?

Damn

Blazers#1Fan
12-20-2010, 10:37 PM

you may be getting people in the arena but if you wanna respect the guys career you trade him to a contender! make somebody else the attraction get Nate Robinson,Big Baby,(filler) from Boston and i bet they put people in the seats

Sly Guy
12-20-2010, 10:42 PM

this. Nash deserves a better shot than what he's gonna get in phoenix

0nekhmer
12-20-2010, 10:44 PM
sounds like a lot of suns fans are in denial. nash definately deserves better. and you can obviously see that nash is weighing his options. giving a hint to management he wants an improve team

Duncan = Donkey
12-20-2010, 10:47 PM
If Nash ask to be traded he will be. Some of you are talking out of your arse. Your acting like he has already asked for a trade. Have you thought to yourself that he wants to stay at Phoenix because he likes playing there, not everyone is a glory seeking ring chaser.

SeoulBeatz
12-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah i get wh he wants to stay, but there is no chance in hell he is winning a chip in Phoenix. He is an all time great and he truly deserves a championship.

Phoenix doesn't owe him anything, but they have to realize that Nash's window has closed over there, and it's best to get some young talent for him if they can.

I'd love to see Nash get a chip, no one deserves it more at this point.

Tha Truth
12-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Class Act.

Rafer17
12-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Love Steve Nash.

astrosmaniac
12-20-2010, 11:44 PM

so should the pacers trade granger, since they barely have any shot at the playoffs, much less a title

Lim
12-20-2010, 11:46 PM

this

DwayneMVPwade
12-20-2010, 11:59 PM
best places for him to go is MIA,BOS,LA to get him a Ring!

If Nash was to go to Miami, Miami might go perfect for the rest of the season. No point for him to go to Bos (Rondo, Nate) and LAL would love to have him

Rego247
12-21-2010, 12:19 AM
If Nash ask to be traded he will be. Some of you are talking out of your arse. Your acting like he has already asked for a trade. Have you thought to yourself that he wants to stay at Phoenix because he likes playing there, not everyone is a glory seeking ring chaser.

im not tryin to be obnoxious or anything, but dont u think it would be great to for a guy who has had such an illustrious career to top it off with a ring?

do u really think nash is gonna get a ring playin in phoenix in the next 2-3 years?

i hope so. but the chances arent that great. he isnt getting younger. as a nash fan i will always root for the suns, but he gave u guys great years. hes not gonna ask for a trade because thats not the type of guy he is. all im saying if u guys still arent in the WCF next year or the year after that, i think outta courtesy and sheer respect u guys should deal him to a contender.

but thats the way i look at it.

Tony_Starks
12-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Steve Nash is one of the few stand up guys left in the league. He'll retire a Sun, as he should. If they can get him some more help they will but he's not going to run around chasing a ring he'd rather stay in a place where he is a legend. He's like Stockton, he doesn't have to win a chip to cement his greatness.

Duncan = Donkey
12-21-2010, 12:27 AM
im not tryin to be obnoxious or anything, but dont u think it would be great to for a guy who has had such an illustrious career to top it off with a ring?

do u really think nash is gonna get a ring playin in phoenix in the next 2-3 years?

i hope so. but the chances arent that great. he isnt getting younger. as a nash fan i will always root for the suns, but he gave u guys great years. hes not gonna ask for a trade because thats not the type of guy he is. all im saying if u guys still arent in the WCF next year or the year after that, i think outta courtesy and sheer respect u guys should deal him to a contender.

but thats the way i look at it.

I don't know why people continue to look over the fact that Nash might not want to leave, is it so crazy that he wants to stay in Phoenix, can people not grasp that concept, its not hard.

If Nash really wants to leave so bad and go to a contender, he will privately tell Sarver, Blanks and Babby. And they will surely come up with a trade for him to go to a contender. But can people stop jumping to this stupid idea that the Suns should just trade him because they are not going to win the title.

blacknell
12-21-2010, 12:31 AM
in his heart nash doesn't wanna play there any more he is just being a pro about it

Duncan = Donkey
12-21-2010, 12:36 AM
in his heart nash doesn't wanna play there any more he is just being a pro about it

:facepalm:
lol, OK buddy. When did Nash tell you this?

jdmd3
12-21-2010, 01:14 AM
The media and fans needs to place more recognition to players like Steve Nash who try to win the right way. He is not't point fingers towards anybody when his team failed to reach their goal, he doesn't want to take a shortcut by demanding trades to other teams, instead he continues to play and chooses to make the best of his situation.

Melo, Howard, and Paul, all three of you need to learn from Nash!

elizur
12-21-2010, 05:09 PM
The media and fans needs to place more recognition to players like Steve Nash who try to win the right way. He is not't point fingers towards anybody when his team failed to reach their goal, he doesn't want to take a shortcut by demanding trades to other teams, instead he continues to play and chooses to make the best of his situation.

Melo, Howard, and Paul, all three of you need to learn from Nash!

Absurd... Why can a guy not request a trade. He can not just leave on his own, so that is his option. Any person on here has quit a job before. You guys are classless...

Bishnoff
12-21-2010, 06:17 PM
1. Steve is too honourable to ask;
2. Sarver wouldn’t trade Nash because he’d lose a significant amount of revenue raised from ticket sales;
3. IF Sarver did decide to trade Nash, it wouldn’t be a charity trade to a contender, it would be to a team who can offer more than Nash’s value in return, i.e. low protection lottery picks for years to come and talented rookies/sophomores.

JordansBulls
12-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Before the beginning of the year I wanted Nash, Amare and Lebron in NY with Wade, Bosh on the Bulls to create a Bulls vs Knicks rivalry.

jdmd3
12-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Absurd... Why can a guy not request a trade. He can not just leave on his own, so that is his option. Any person on here has quit a job before. You guys are classless...

Quitting a job isn't the same as asking for a trade. Players still receive money from their contract that they received after agreeing to fulfill responsibilities to the franchise that they signed with and they don't lose their job of being a pro athlete after they request a trade. When you quit a job, you lose your income and you'd have to apply to a new job to continue to receive income. Quitting your job is more similar to retiring.

The main issue here is the motivation behind requesting a trade. The players I brought up allegedly are requesting trade requests because they want to be placed on an easier winning situation. These guys did not have to sign the expensive contract offered by their respective franchises, if they we're all about winning then they could have taken pay cuts to join a more established team. These guys instead chose to sign expensive contracts to teams that expected them to be the cornerstone of their franchise. It's simply a matter of living up to your contract. If you signed a contract to be the franchise player, live up to it by leading and cooperating your team, otherwise sign a cheaper contract to another and don't pretend to be a guy that can be relied on as the franchise player. If these players requested trades due to emergencies, health issues, family issues, safety issues, or other serious matters then a trade request would be understandable, however, that's not the case with their trade requests.

Expecting players who earn huge sums of money to cooperate and help their team to achieve a goal is reasonable as it is to expect employees to fulfill the job description that they've agreed to perfrom. It's players who perfrom actions that are detrimental to the team and the team's goals despite reaching an agreement with their contract that deserved to be classless.

jdmd3
12-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Double post

More-Than-Most
12-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Man I want this guy to win a championship with the suns. Nash does not want to be traded period... He is way to honorable and ownership will not trade him because he is the only reason they are still putting fans in the seats. Lets hope VC gets reborn under Nash like most players do.

Trueblue2
12-22-2010, 07:44 AM
unless they're gonna make a big move and acquire someone that's gonna give them a shot at winning it all it would really be best for all parties involved to trade him for picks or young upcoming talent. Nash goes to a competitor and doesn't waste the last few years of him playing at this level on a .500 team, and Phoenix gets to build a team that will be a competitor down the line.

Nica
12-22-2010, 08:17 AM
This is all very interesting. Steve Nash has always elicited strong opinions from both sides of the fence. Whether its debating his contract choices, MVPs, place in history or even his much maligned defense the man does create interest.

The man's stoic loyalty and class has made him an icon even for the the hard-core anti-Nash crowd. While its tough to watch a good man ( everyone can agree on that part) go down with a mis-guided franchises fortunes, it appears that he has accepted this flux period and is willing to remain the good son. We should not be surprised at this as his character has never been in question.

Publically he doesn't feel that a ring will define his legacy. There are players like Chuck Nevitt ( multiple rings on multiple teams) or even Luke Walton who will have a hand full of rings earned on other players efforts/ talents. Sometimes its all about luck in life.
As it stands now Steve Nash will join Stockton in the HOF without the jewellery being attached to his name. It does not influence the mans legacy, talent or impact on the game during his playing days.

Privately I find to tough to believe that Nash is not bewildered at his employers lack of vison or cohesion. Going big, moving to a more defensive system, playing half-court ball or running and gunning- this team has changed its identity/ leadership so many times since 2006 that I'm shocked that they win any games at all. Jettisoning in and out talent and draft picks has been the defining characteristic of the last few years. Think of names that have moved in and out from Johnson,Rondo, STAT, Bell, Marion and on and on. Lack of vision and continuity has doomed the Suns for the near future.

As fans of the man, franchise or even proponents of " what seems right "- many of us would prefer he gets traded in order to at least have shot a ring. It doesn't seem fair/ just that one of the " good guys" wastes his final productive years in the Valley. I'm sure Nash's loyalty is based on his promised to fulfill his contract, to City/ Franchise and fellow players and hopefully is not mis-placed as any commitment to Sarver. That would truly be an injustice.

Duncan = Donkey
01-03-2011, 01:40 AM
I wish he would now. Phoenix should blow this whole team up. Send Steve and Grant to a contender. Get rid of the crappy contracts we have out this past summer.
Suck hard next year and hopefully draft high and get a star.

tangent12
01-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Good boy, Stevie. Stay there until you have absolutely no trade value at all and leave that city in ruins and rebuild mode for the next 2 decades.

Raph12
01-03-2011, 02:06 AM
The only reason Suns MGMT should trade Nash, is to send him to a championship contender so he can try to get a ring before he retires... Otherwise they should hold onto him, truly one in a million.

Lim
01-03-2011, 03:26 AM
even though they have been struggling, i still think they will sneak into the playoffs. they have too much talent on that team to not make the playoffs imo. BUT they most def wont win a championship so i guess steve nash is either delusional, or he is content with going down with the ship.

NetsPaint
01-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Great man.

Ever think maybe he wants to win with what he has? Iverson has mentioned, even early in his career, that his goal is for a championship every season, not just Playoffs, this was even before 2001. He would have rather have won with the worst offensive players in the league than team up with superstars. Nash is not a quitter, he wants to contend with what he has by giving it his all. He might be thinking if he's gonna win, he's gonna win by making the team better. He made other players better, maybe he enjoys doing that to the point he would have stayed if they were the worst team. If he goes to a contender, sure, he could make other players better, but maybe not to the extent he could with a team who may be not contending.

Not every player has the same mindset. I'm not a basketball player, but if I was a top player and was playing for one of the teams I'm a FAN of, that's who I want to play for no matter what. Nash is secure of himself, he doesn't care if some analysis on TV or poster on a forum thinks he's not a top PG of all-time because he didn't win any rings.

tredigs
01-03-2011, 04:55 AM
even though they have been struggling, i still think they will sneak into the playoffs. they have too much talent on that team to not make the playoffs imo. BUT they most def wont win a championship so i guess steve nash is either delusional, or he is content with going down with the ship.

Or ironically in this case, without it.

I want to see Nash go to the Knicks (for Felton, A. Randolph and T. Douglas?) along with a deal that also lands them Melo (Galo + Chandler?).

S5:

PG: Nash
SG: Fields
SF: Melo
PF: Amare
C: Turiaf

Bench: Who cares, you're probably not going too deep with a defense that suspect anyway, but g'damn would it be a fun ride to watch.

NetsPaint
01-03-2011, 04:58 AM

I want to see Nash go to the Knicks (for Felton, A. Randolph and T. Douglas?) along with a deal that also lands them Melo (Galo + Chandler?).

S5:

Bench: Who cares, you're probably not going too deep with a defense that suspect anyway, but g'damn would it be a fun ride to watch.
Why would the Knicks trade Felton when he's doing a very good job with half the money Nash is making? I'm a Knicks fan and as much as I like Nash I don't want this to happen.

tredigs
01-03-2011, 05:04 AM
Why would the Knicks trade Felton when he's doing a very good job with half the money Nash is making? I'm a Knicks fan and as much as I like Nash I don't want this to happen.

Because that team is not nearly as fun to watch as the one I created, and this is my fantasy.

Also, Nash > Felton. Steve only makes 10 mil; best contract in the league.

John Walls Era
01-03-2011, 05:10 AM

S5:

Fun to watch, but thats a slap to the face of Felton :laugh2:

Also doesn't address their defensive struggles.

AliceBrown
01-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Article Source: http:/ / goarticles.com/article/5-Easy-Secrets-For-Choosing-New-Au-Pair/3939102
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

learning to make his first secrets, to read, to draw, to ride a bike and so on. But unfortunately we are too busy with our work, it takes us a lot of time and energy and that's why we need help in looking after our children. So many of us are ready to use Au Pair services.

It's popular and comfortable modern facility, but you should be attentive and careful while becoming a host family hiring nanny, because you are looking for a person who will deal with the dearest you have - your children. There were such events in other people's practice when they were not satisfied with their Au Pairs. These families got Au Pairs who stole their belongings, had awful table manners, threw their things around the house, smoked or treated the children badly and that is the worse.

So we'd like to give you some advice to be taken into account to find a good Au Pair. First of all you must remember that babysitter is supposed to become a part of your family and your should take it very seriously. A really good nanny must become a friend and helper to you and your kids. And there are several things you should know before to hire babysitter:

1. You can hire Au Pair (http://www.choosingaupair.com) through special website as well as through an Au-Pair Agency. But, as a rule, choosing through Agency is more safe. Register with a reputable agency who will match the needs of your family with those of the great nanny. They will also let you know what you can expect from an au pair and what is expected of you as the host family.

2. Also you have at first to decide and than to talk with the AuPair over what household duties you want him or her to carry out. These could include getting your children ready for school and collecting them from school, giving them their breakfast and taking them to after school activities, evening babysitting if you want to go out and some housework.

3. Au pairs usually come from another country because they want to improve their language abilities. Do make sure that they speak enough tour language already to make themselves understood particularly to your children.

4. Bear in mind that he or she will need to live in your home with you and that bed and board will be part of the deal. As well as feeding and accommodating an extra person, you will be expected to pay a weekly amount which could be termed pocket money. Can you afford it and do you really want to share your house with a stranger for a long period of time.

5. And pay special attention that babysitter must be in good health, including up-to-date immunizations required for the area they are serving, and have a negative TB test done.

Choosing an au pair (http://www.choosingaupair.com) needn't be difficult but you should be aware of potential problems. With the help of a competent specialist, you'll soon can be welcoming your new member of the family.

For more information on choosing an au pair or a nanny for your children, please check http://www.choosingaupair.com

xabial
01-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Article Source: http:/ / goarticles.com/article/5-Easy-Secrets-For-Choosing-New-Au-Pair/3939102
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

learning to make his first secrets, to read, to draw, to ride a bike and so on. But unfortunately we are too busy with our work, it takes us a lot of time and energy and that's why we need help in looking after our children. So many of us are ready to use Au Pair services.

It's popular and comfortable modern facility, but you should be attentive and careful while becoming a host family hiring nanny, because you are looking for a person who will deal with the dearest you have - your children. There were such events in other people's practice when they were not satisfied with their Au Pairs. These families got Au Pairs who stole their belongings, had awful table manners, threw their things around the house, smoked or treated the children badly and that is the worse.

So we'd like to give you some advice to be taken into account to find a good Au Pair. First of all you must remember that babysitter is supposed to become a part of your family and your should take it very seriously. A really good nanny must become a friend and helper to you and your kids. And there are several things you should know before to hire babysitter:

1. You can hire Au Pair (http://www.choosingaupair.com) through special website as well as through an Au-Pair Agency. But, as a rule, choosing through Agency is more safe. Register with a reputable agency who will match the needs of your family with those of the great nanny. They will also let you know what you can expect from an au pair and what is expected of you as the host family.

2. Also you have at first to decide and than to talk with the AuPair over what household duties you want him or her to carry out. These could include getting your children ready for school and collecting them from school, giving them their breakfast and taking them to after school activities, evening babysitting if you want to go out and some housework.

3. Au pairs usually come from another country because they want to improve their language abilities. Do make sure that they speak enough tour language already to make themselves understood particularly to your children.

4. Bear in mind that he or she will need to live in your home with you and that bed and board will be part of the deal. As well as feeding and accommodating an extra person, you will be expected to pay a weekly amount which could be termed pocket money. Can you afford it and do you really want to share your house with a stranger for a long period of time.

5. And pay special attention that babysitter must be in good health, including up-to-date immunizations required for the area they are serving, and have a negative TB test done.

Choosing an au pair (http://www.choosingaupair.com) needn't be difficult but you should be aware of potential problems. With the help of a competent specialist, you'll soon can be welcoming your new member of the family.

For more information on choosing an au pair or a nanny for your children, please check http://www.choosingaupair.com

Now spam is getting informative! :up:

S-Dot
01-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Retire a Phoenix Sun Steve. Your team is still competitive and I think it will be great for the league to see you retire there.

Chronz
01-04-2011, 03:33 PM
He doesnt care about his legacy

S-Dot
01-04-2011, 03:36 PM
He doesnt care about his legacy

I think his legacy is sealed and pretty impressive. Not every legend wins a ring, but not every legend is a two-time MVP either.

ANKUSH
01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't get the "Steve Nash deserves better argument". You mean the millions he's making as an NBA player; millions the Suns have paid him is not loyalty enough? When I go to work, I take pride in the job I am doing, even though it might not compare to the unique circumstances of the NBA. Why would Steve Nash do any different when his children are set for life? This should be the norm, not something to be praised over. Too often, we give these guys saint status for what should be normal situations/ comments. Steve Nash now, Yao Ming a couple weeks ago. Yao has also made millions and everyone looks at him as a tragic figure. Millions of people are out of work with no workers' comp or unemployment paychecks.....I'd think that's a little more disheartening, no?

peace,
kush

The_905
01-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I think his legacy is sealed and pretty impressive. Not every legend wins a ring, but not every legend is a two-time MVP either.

Very well put..

Chronz
01-04-2011, 03:55 PM
If he were to demand a trade to the Heat or something more realistic like the Mavs and win a title, wouldnt it help his legacy?

S-Dot
01-04-2011, 03:57 PM
If he were to demand a trade to the Heat or something more realistic like the Mavs and win a title, wouldnt it help his legacy?

Mavs...possibly. Steve has a pretty solid legacy. He also doesn't want to backlash on him like Gary Payton and Karl Malone in 2004 with the Lakers.