PDA

View Full Version : Can Phoenix extend Carter's career like Grant Hills?

eibbor
12-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Think Phoenix can extend his career like Grant Hills, or was Hills time out a factor?

STAT32
12-20-2010, 08:42 PM
He'll have a career rejuvenation here. He's become very efficient these past few seasons, he'll need to continue that here in Phoenix.

Not to mention, Phoenix has some voodoo medical training staff capable of reviving player's careers. (Shaq, Hill, McDyess)

eibbor
12-20-2010, 08:44 PM
He'll have a career rejuvenation here. He's become very efficient these past few seasons, he'll need to continue that here in Phoenix.

Not to mention, Phoenix has some voodoo medical training staff capable of reviving player's careers. (Shaq, Hill, McDyess)

See, that's why I asked. Their staff seem to do miracles. I'm surprised teams aren't trying to trade for their MEDICAL STAFF! lol

Knicks Fire Dog
12-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Injuries didn't hold Vince back, it was more of his attitude. Every team he goes too, he just doesn't play like he cares....I have gone to some magic games being in Orlando and he really has no fire, no passion, nothing at all. Just playing to play and earn his paycheck....sad if you ask me

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Injuries didn't hold Vince back, it was more of his attitude. Every team he goes too, he just doesn't play like he cares....I have gone to some magic games being in Orlando and he really has no fire, no passion, nothing at all. Just playing to play and earn his paycheck....sad if you ask me

I don't disagree.

Phoenix has a way of getting the most out of players minus Hedo

I personally think VCis broke... But I just wonder.

JordansBulls
12-20-2010, 09:03 PM
There really isn't anything wrong with Vince. He never had a season long injury like Hill had.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 09:04 PM
There really isn't anything wrong with Vince. He never had a season long injury like Hill had.

Thats a good point.

SOMETHING is wrong with him tho

dodie53
12-20-2010, 09:08 PM
maybe the suns training staff can only heal physical injuries,

not injuries on the mind

VinSUNity
12-20-2010, 09:10 PM
VC did have a horrible Knee injury back with toronto. it did slow him down a bit but he seemed to do fine his first year in NJ averaging 27 ppg 6 rb 5 assists or w.e he did..u have to think he was going nuts his first 5 years in toronto, like it hurt his future for sure athletically on the knees. Still a great player imo.

but If VC ends up rejuvinating his career like Grant Hill, like Shaq did in Phoenix. I will honestly be weary of the Medical staff.
do they inject these players with some kind of youth potion? Grant Hill is almost 40! and he jus dropped 30 points.

Im hoping they can do the same for Vince. hes a great guy off the court. and my favorite sports player of all time.

but honestly even though Phoenix supposidely has a magical medical staff. Grant Hill is a HARD worker. He is in the gym constantly conditioning. U have to give him some credit too.

VinSUNity
12-20-2010, 09:12 PM
And yes I alaso think Hills time out was a facotr. He didnt touch the court for a long time.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2010, 09:16 PM
No way they will keep this old group together is what basically a way of getting a nice center and getting rid of Turkolu. Carter doesnt deserve a big contract.

Ty Fast
12-20-2010, 09:17 PM
i think he can. him, nash, and hill should play really well together.

HoopsDrive
12-20-2010, 09:17 PM
If anything or anyone will rejuvenate VC's career, it's Nash and not the Suns' medical staff.

JPHX
12-20-2010, 09:28 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0929suns-train0930.html?&wired

Heres an article on the Phoenix Med Staff a couple years back. Their pioneering preemptive methods help a player get the most out of their body and maximizes their talents. They probably added a few more seasons to Shaq's career and got him on the all star team that season he was here. VC will feel some rejuvination just by the routine the med staff implores, not to mention the system will inflate his stats.

VinSUNity
12-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Nash 36, VC 34, Hill 38.
I love it. Celtics..Spurs..Vets are taking over this year! love it

td0tsfinest
12-20-2010, 09:40 PM

Well not physically.

It just seems like Vince doesn't have the passion or drive for the game. At times, Vince would look unstoppable and among the the best scorers in the league but at other times, he would look lackadaisical and stagnant. To be honest, the only times I see him with a sense of drive is when he's playing in Toronto. I guess the fans booing him really gets him going.

I really do hope his career gets better in Phoenix.

jasonbird
12-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Carter isnt G.Hill...

Only have one Hill...
I think Carter is going to disappeare in NBA

Lim
12-20-2010, 11:24 PM
isnt VC an expiring this year? doubt they will re sign him unless its for pretty cheap

DoJoTheSlasher
12-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Nash
Carter
Hill
Warrick
Lopez

Dragic
Pietrus
Dudley
Frye
Gortat

fun team wo watch

dangrant75
12-20-2010, 11:35 PM
I think Orlando really hurt themselves by trading Gortat. They won't get by Boston or let alone LA with just Howard, Bass and Anderson underneath.

Carter will score this year, especially with Nash. He'll probably fill JRich's stat line. After that who knows, but NJ/TOR numbers are over.

tjlipford
12-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Grant Hills situation & Vc's situation is totally different. VC is done, I don't know why people think he is gonna rejuvenate anything. He acts like an old man, he's slow and is emotionless on the court. There is not going to be anything different in Phoenix. VC used to be one of the best players in the game, but he's old and washed up now. He did nothing for Orlando and will do nothing for Phoenix, but get hurt even more frequent because of the fast pace that they play out West.

VinSUNity
12-21-2010, 03:41 PM
since when are Cavs fans such Vince Carter haters?
You're like the third one I've seen today.

ManRam
12-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Grant Hill had much, much, much fresher legs. Vince does not. That's really all there is to it.

I mean, hell, Vince is considering knee surgery right now...

And if Vince Carter needs Steve Nash to revitalize his career, he isn't going to be revitalized into the Vince Carter of old. The old Vince Carter could get whatever shot he wanted on his own.

Flash3
12-21-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0929suns-train0930.html?&wired

Heres an article on the Phoenix Med Staff a couple years back. Their pioneering preemptive methods help a player get the most out of their body and maximizes their talents. They probably added a few more seasons to Shaq's career and got him on the all star team that season he was here. VC will feel some rejuvination just by the routine the med staff implores, not to mention the system will inflate his stats.

man if phonex had cap space alot of guys would flock there.

VinSUNity
12-21-2010, 04:22 PM
And if Vince Carter needs Steve Nash to revitalize his career, he isn't going to be revitalized into the Vince Carter of old. The old Vince Carter could get whatever shot he wanted on his own.

Is anyone expecting the Vince Carter of 2000? they shouldn't. He's still a great player though.

and yes he could get whatever shot he wanted, he could even dunk over someone every other play if he wanted. That's not even exaggerating.
That's why it's depressing sometimes he didnt live up to the expecations of still going head to head with Kobe as who's the next MJ.
it happens though.

still a great player and I dont want to rip on Jameer Nelson hes a hard working player. But it's not that he needs Steve Nash. It's just having a point guard switch from Devin Harris to Jameer Nelson to Steve fricken Nash could really improve his play because he'll be more motivated to cut knowing he can be found the by PG. or Run.

John Walls Era
12-21-2010, 08:13 PM
lol. Change Phoenix to Steve Nash.

albertc86
12-21-2010, 08:15 PM
If anyone should learn from Grant Hill, it's T-Mac. Tracy should've sat out for a year or two instead subjecting his body to more damage. Oden may be wise to do the same; he's still very young.