PDA

View Full Version : NBA player Power Rankings ( Poll)

1_Bulls_1
12-20-2010, 05:39 PM
If you were starting a franchise today who would be the first player you choose to build your team around. We're going to do a poll everyday to set a player power ranking to see who the top 15 players in the league are.

tangent12
12-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Derrick Rose.

Pack_Attack6
12-20-2010, 05:42 PM
LeBron James.. easy. you are seeing what he did for Cleveland. Almost the exact same team from last year will match the loss total from last year before the end of December. Its pretty easy to see what he can do for a team. Unbelievable talent. no doubt

sep11ie
12-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Loul Deng. He's got a very team friendly contract and is the perfect player to build your team around.

gerber
12-20-2010, 05:48 PM
If you were starting a franchise today who would be the first player you choose to build your team around. We're going to do a poll everyday to set a player power ranking to see who the top 15 players in the league are.

LEBRON, why?

Cuz he already did it once.

knicks=love
12-20-2010, 05:48 PM
hahahahhahaha luol deng. i'd probably go durant, rose, paul, or wade (in that order)

kozelkid
12-20-2010, 05:53 PM
This takes age and injuries into account:
1. Lebron- I hate the guy but no one has a better all around game at such a young age
2. Dwight- Best big man in the league by a wide margin, very young, never injured.
3. Durant- One of the best young scorers in the league.
4. Deron-One of the best all around pgs in the league
5. Rose- He's getting there.
6. Griffin-If he can ever become a great defender (which is unlikely cause he doesn't have the length or instincts), he would be number 2 in this list.
7. Westbrook- Him and Rose are almost even. He's better at drawing fouls, however he hasn't shown the ability to take over in crunch time consistently like some of the other perimeter players ahead of him.
8. CP3- He'd be right there with Deron (hell he's better than Deron), if it weren't for his chronic knee issues. Very scary problem right there that ca be very similar to what Roy has.
9. Pau Gasol-Great all-around big man.
10. John Wall- Great talent. Has a few injuries to deal with, but assuming he can get through that, he can be a top 5 player in this league.
11. Stephen Curry- He's the real deal. He can like prime Arenas. Minus the immaturity and poor unselfishness. That's scary.
12. Rondo- Hell of a passer, but inability to be the premier scorer puts him lower on the list than some of other pgs.
13. Dirk-Playing like a top 3 player in this league, but age... however his style of play should help him age well.
14. Kobe- Top 5 player, but the injuries and age puts him lower.
15. Wade- See Kobe. Except with Wade, I give him 2 years of elite player before a fast decline. Too poor of a shooter to have a prolonged career. You don't believe me? Look at hoopdata.com at just how bad his shooting %'s are.

Giraffes Rule
12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Russell Westbrook or Chris Paul.

Furymaker
12-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Derrick Rose

xabial
12-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Without Durant OKC would be like Cleveland, even with Russel Westbrook.

Russel is the perfect #2 Option to Durant, yes he's an all-star and a helleva athlete, but i dont think he would fit in the "Face of the Franchise Role".

He seems more Like Rondo To me. Both insanely athletic, both poor shooters. Would you start Rondo as the Face of your Franchise?

Slimsim
12-20-2010, 06:03 PM
D Howard

Ragun
12-20-2010, 06:04 PM
lebron...no question.

ManOnFire
12-20-2010, 06:05 PM

This will inevitably turn into a Derrick Rose thread lol

Pack_Attack6
12-20-2010, 06:06 PM
No one else has lead such a garbage team as far as LeBron. unless u hate the guy for personal reasons basketball wise its a no brainer. No one on that list has accomplished close to what lebron has.

kntresistheheat
12-20-2010, 06:11 PM
This takes age and injuries into account:
1. Lebron- I hate the guy but no one has a better all around game at such a young age
2. Dwight- Best big man in the league by a wide margin, very young, never injured.
3. Durant- One of the best young scorers in the league.
4. Deron-One of the best all around pgs in the league
5. Rose- He's getting there.
6. Griffin-If he can ever become a great defender (which is unlikely cause he doesn't have the length or instincts), he would be number 2 in this list.
7. Westbrook- Him and Rose are almost even. He's better at drawing fouls, however he hasn't shown the ability to take over in crunch time consistently like some of the other perimeter players ahead of him.
8. CP3- He'd be right there with Deron (hell he's better than Deron), if it weren't for his chronic knee issues. Very scary problem right there that ca be very similar to what Roy has.
9. Pau Gasol-Great all-around big man.
10. John Wall- Great talent. Has a few injuries to deal with, but assuming he can get through that, he can be a top 5 player in this league.
11. Stephen Curry- He's the real deal. He can like prime Arenas. Minus the immaturity and poor unselfishness. That's scary.
12. Rondo- Hell of a passer, but inability to be the premier scorer puts him lower on the list than some of other pgs.
13. Dirk-Playing like a top 3 player in this league, but age... however his style of play should help him age well.
14. Kobe- Top 5 player, but the injuries and age puts him lower.
15. Wade- See Kobe. Except with Wade, I give him 2 years of elite player before a fast decline. Too poor of a shooter to have a prolonged career. You don't believe me? Look at hoopdata.com at just how bad his shooting %'s are.

I agree with most of your rankings, Except the bold!

I believe that kobe is built like Jordan and he still has a good 4-5 years left and Wade is still 28 and he has at least a good 5 years left and no one can get the basket like him:D

thekmp211
12-20-2010, 06:14 PM
mario chalmers

Gators123
12-20-2010, 06:16 PM
LeBron
Dwight
Durant
CP3
Dwill

ramsizzle
12-20-2010, 06:20 PM

I believe that kobe is built like Jordan and he still has a good 4-5 years left and Wade is still 28 and he has at least a good 5 years left and no one can get the basket like him:D

This inevitably will sound like a Bulls vs. Miami comment but it truly isn't meant to be but here's a kid in Chicago who can get to the whole just as well if not better :)

tangent12
12-20-2010, 06:22 PM
This inevitably will sound like a Bulls vs. Miami comment but it truly isn't meant to be but here's a kid in Chicago who can get to the whole just as well if not better :)

No doubt and not only that but Rose is already better than Wade, all around.

kntresistheheat
12-20-2010, 06:22 PM

Thats why I said I agreed with every ranking which I believe he put Rose at 4? He belongs there because he is a beast, BUT he does not draw the fouls like Wade:D

Mr Moody
12-20-2010, 06:24 PM
1. Lebron obv
2. Dwight Howard
Gap
3.(No particular order) Deron/Rose/Paul/Westbrook/Durant
8. Griffin

ramsizzle
12-20-2010, 06:24 PM

I am just a big a Bulls fan as you but he definitely is not, YET. The stats show Wade has been the clear better player even with Rose's numbers.

SleepyDrew
12-20-2010, 06:26 PM

Err, I suppose he is a better shooter, but at this point in his career, he certainly isn't the better player.

Evolution23
12-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Thats easy. its Lebron

kntresistheheat
12-20-2010, 06:29 PM

:speechless:

ManOnFire
12-20-2010, 06:29 PM
mario chalmers

I was gonna go with him.....then i remembered Keyon Dooling.

Hawkeye15
12-20-2010, 06:31 PM
LeBron

SleepyDrew
12-20-2010, 06:34 PM
1. Bron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Kevin Durant
4. Deron Williams
5. Derrick Rose
6. Russell Westbrook
7. John Wall
8. Rajon Rondo
9. Blake Griffin
10. Stephen Curry
11. Chris Paul (Would be significantly higher if I wasn't more concerned about his knee issues)
12. Dwyane Wade
13. Kobe Bryant
14. Carmelo Anthony
15. Dirk

eibbor
12-20-2010, 06:36 PM
This will inevitably turn into a Derrick Rose thread lol

I don't see how.. To say you would start with D Rose shows little basketball knowledge.

Gators123
12-20-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't see how.. To say you would start with D Rose shows little basketball knowledge.

Anybody who says they would take Rose Over LeBron, Dwight, or Durant is lying to themselves.

Bring The Heat
12-20-2010, 06:39 PM

Your an idiot... Wade>>>>>>> Rose... What are u smoking? :facepalm::facepalm:

eibbor
12-20-2010, 06:40 PM
LeBron
Durant
Howard
Griffin

eibbor
12-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Anybody who says they would take Rose Over LeBron, Dwight, or Durant is lying to themselves.

Agreed

kozelkid
12-20-2010, 06:46 PM

Kobe might be built like Jordan, but Kobe also has far more miles on his legs than Jordan did. He came out of HS and didn't take a 2 year hiatus like Jordan. Big difference. I think Kobe might decline more gracefully cause of his finesse game, but seeing how he has be handled these last few seasons shows what a luxury it must be to have as great of a supporting cast as he does have.
As for Wade, he depends highly on his athleticism and that isn't abad thing when you are as athleticis as he is. However, that's a problem when you reach 30. He hasn't shown any sign in prolonging his game. On the contrary, he has started rather slow 2 seasons in a row. It's not a very encouraging. That's not to say Miami are ****ed with that contract since they already have more than enough offense with Lebron and Bosh and will have likely 2 MLE players by then. But I don't expect Wade to stay in shape the way he is. In the end of the day this is subjective. When you look at the list of players, he gives you likely the best chance to win now within 2 years. However, long term, I don't think he's ideal. Depends on who ways long term more. I certainly don't think he has 5 years left. No way. I think 3 max UNLESS he drastically changes his game ALA Kobe or Jordan. Again though, he hasn't shown any sign of that. He doesn't have much of a post game and as a shooter, he's still piss poor. Expecting him to be able to drive to the hoop like he can now 2-3 years from now, is not realistic.

ramsizzle
12-20-2010, 06:46 PM

Little basketball knowledge? Really? I know the obvious answer is Lebron but to take Rose with him being 22 and having a hell of a lot of room to grow doesn't exactly show lack of knowledge. Check Lebron James' stats when he was 22 and in his 4th year not 3rd on bb reference and tell me that choosing rose "shows little basketball Knowledge"

kozelkid
12-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Also, I'd like to add to my rankings, if not for CP3's knee issues, he'd be number 2 (and a very close 2nd at that) on my list. He showed just how good he is when healthy by having Hornet's *****ty cast as one of the best records in the beginning of season. Obviously he's battling injuries now which hurt them. But when healthy, so many stats point to him being pretty much on par with Lebron.

Bruno
12-20-2010, 06:54 PM
It's gotta be Howard or LeBron, I'd think. Durant hasn't proven he can be a dominant defensive force, and Cp3 has knee issues.

ManOnFire
12-20-2010, 06:55 PM

I meant more along the lines of those fans arguing on behalf of Rose and the other people annoyed of Bulls fans. It seems to be a vicious cycle here.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Little basketball knowledge? Really? I know the obvious answer is Lebron but to take Rose with him being 22 and having a hell of a lot of room to grow doesn't exactly show lack of knowledge. Check Lebron James' stats when he was 22 and in his 4th year not 3rd on bb reference and tell me that choosing rose "shows little basketball Knowledge"

Whether you choose LeBron or Howard or whoever... To honestly start with a PG that isn't a true PG, as in, he shoots more than he passes... Over several more obvious choices.. I will do as you ask and tell you that choosing Rose as the number 1 player to take starting a franchise shows little basketball knowledge. You're welcome!

eibbor
12-20-2010, 07:09 PM
I meant more along the lines of those fans arguing on behalf of Rose and the other people annoyed of Bulls fans. It seems to be a vicious cycle here.

Oh I hear ya. I was also talking to the masses not just your post bro.

Vidball
12-20-2010, 07:10 PM
I would take Howard in a heartbeat. Like it or not, Howard is the easiest guy to build a team around. He's the best defensive player in the league (and it's not even close). He has a good decade of ball left in him, he's durable, works on his game every year, has a good attitude, and is one of the only true centers left in the game.

ramsizzle
12-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Whether you choose LeBron or Howard or whoever... To honestly start with a PG that isn't a true PG, as in, he shoots more than he passes... Over several more obvious choices.. I will do as you ask and tell you that choosing Rose as the number 1 player to take starting a franchise shows little basketball knowledge. You're welcome!

The kid is 7th in the league in scoring and doing it while being 8th in the league in assists....

eibbor
12-20-2010, 07:11 PM
It's gotta be Howard or LeBron, I'd think. Durant hasn't proven he can be a dominant defensive force, and Cp3 has knee issues.

You make a great point. I was stuck between Howard and Durant for number 2... Hard not to take a big these days... But I still went with Durant over Howard. Just opinion I guess. I like his skills.

eibbor
12-20-2010, 07:15 PM
The kid is 7th in the league in scoring and doing it while being 8th in the league in assists....

Thats a fact.

Still wouldn't start a team with him. Those 8 assists are great until you throw in the 4 turnovers. Those points come from a lot of shots.

Look I'm not dogging the guy... I'm a Pacers fun... Trsut me I'd love to have him lol BUTTTTTTTTTTT to pick from the entire league and start a team? Hell no... Just no way you start with D Rose.

Ace23
12-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Here are my top 5:

1. Dwight Howard: Most dynasties are built with big men. Howard is the best in the business at only 24. His offensive game should continue to improve, and he's already a defensive presence. If you were starting a team today, he is the next Tim Duncan.

2. LeBron James: He's 25, can average a triple-double, and already has a few MVP trophies on his resume. Oh, and he's got the potential to be a monster on both ends of the court against anyone.

3. Kevin Durant: He's only 22, he's 6'9", and he's one of the leagues premier scorers. Great release, excellent post up moves, and a natural talent for scoring. Probably one of the best young offensive weapons in the league, and his defense is improving each year.

4. Chris Paul: At 24, he's the league's best point guard. He's already had a 23 point, 11 assist season, and he's only going to get better.

5. Derrick Rose: He's got the potential to be even better than CP3--he's young, fast, powerful, and knows how to finish around the basket. Add to that an increasing basketball knowledge and a lot of heart, and you've got a player who could lead a franchise to multiple NBA titles while picking up a few MVPs in the process.

kArSoN RyDaH
12-20-2010, 08:03 PM
dwight howard. any other legit shooter around him and theyre a contender.