PDA

View Full Version : If magic doesnt win a ring, than Howard might be looking at the Lakers or Knicks

Lakeshow86
12-20-2010, 04:08 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14461388/blockbuster-deal-a-bigger-deal-for-magics-howard

According to the article Howard is fond of the Lakers and Knicks. I could see him join the Lakers. I like Bynums potential over Howard and I think Bynum has more upside and is more offensively gifted than Howard but Howard hasnt had any history of injury problems. If the Lakers could pull off a trade involving a swap of Bynum and Howard I would sign off on it.

hugepatsfan
12-20-2010, 04:16 AM
BOS will have cap room for him when he's a FA. But IDK how FA will work w/ a new CB coming.

29$JerZ
12-20-2010, 04:17 AM
I highly doubt Howard has LA or NY on his mind as of now. He just got a bunch of new players to help with the scoring problem.

Also LA is in CAP Hell for a while and Bynum hasn't exactly shown he can be traded by staying injured.

NY doesn't even have Melo or CP3 so this is all speculation.

Fireworld
12-20-2010, 04:34 AM
We dream.

PrettyBoyJ
12-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Realistically speaking, Dwight wouldnt be able to play for the Lakers unless they unload Bynum and Maybe Lamar Odom or Artest.. Kobe is set to be Making 28-30 Mil a season soon add that with Gasol Max which is prob 20-23 Mil. And Dwight Howards Max under the new CBA.. I just dont see it happening

jmtapia
12-20-2010, 04:55 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14461388/blockbuster-deal-a-bigger-deal-for-magics-howard

According to the article Howard is fond of the Lakers and Knicks. I could see him join the Lakers. I like Bynums potential over Howard and I think Bynum has more upside and is more offensively gifted than Howard but Howard hasnt had any history of injury problems. If the Lakers could pull off a trade involving a swap of Bynum and Howard I would sign off on it.

:confused:

handle
12-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Realistically speaking, Dwight wouldnt be able to play for the Lakers unless they unload Bynum and Maybe Lamar Odom or Artest.. Kobe is set to be Making 28-30 Mil a season soon add that with Gasol Max which is prob 20-23 Mil. And Dwight Howards Max under the new CBA.. I just dont see it happening

Buss loves dominant centers. If Dwight to LA is a possibility at all, I can guarantee you Buss will do what he can to make this happen, including happily parting with Odom and Bynum.

WickedBadMan
12-20-2010, 05:00 AM
How can you like Bynum's "potential" over Howard? Even when he was healthy his numbers weren't even close to Howard's numbers.

Hell, I like Greg Oden's "potential" over Howard more than Bynum.

John Walls Era
12-20-2010, 05:06 AM
I kinda agree with the Bynum potential thing (w.e. I won't go into that). But how can Howard be looking at other teams when their team just made a huge trade.

This forming of elite trios is cool, but really kills the game. Might as well just have 6 teams in the league.

Bruno
12-20-2010, 06:23 AM
I highly doubt Howard has LA or NY on his mind as of now. He just got a bunch of new players to help with the scoring problem.

Also LA is in CAP Hell for a while and Bynum hasn't exactly shown he can be traded by staying injured.

NY doesn't even have Melo or CP3 so this is all speculation.

Dwights current contract is guaranteed through 2011-2012, with a player option for 2012-2013. He'd be making 19.3 million in 2013 if he picked up his player option.

Bynums current contract is guaranteed through 2011-2012, with a team option for 2012-2013. He'd be making 16.5 million in 2013 if the Lakers picked up his player option. Lamar Odoms contract is guaranteed through 2011-2012, with a team option for 2012-2013. Lamar would be making 8.2 million in 2013 if the Lakers pick up on his contract.

Bryant and Gasols contracts combine to be worth 4.2 million more by 2013, than they are now for the 2010-2011 season. Because Dwights player option kicks in during the same off-season that Bynum and Lamars team option contract years takes effect, The Lakers would actually have the cap space if they don't pick up the options on Bynum or Odom.

Jenceman
12-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Eh, for the sake of NBA integrity, I hope he stays in Orlando. I want some parity damnit.

jimbobjarree
12-20-2010, 06:49 AM
lol a thread on what a player 'might' do 'if' he doesnt win a ring...when he's a free agent in 2 or 3 years?

robdizzle3
12-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Damn.. That's a serious lineup right there... I guess the guy hasnt seen Bynum play to understand what kind of potential he actually has.. Bynum is a moster when healthy, but that's the problem.

TRUTH-TELLER
12-20-2010, 07:51 AM
<----------- knicks fan

him and amare would be dooms day for the rest of the league

Iron24th
12-20-2010, 07:56 AM
The only sure thing about L.A is if Dwight wants it and Buss wants it too at the time,it will happen,but right now NOBODY can say if it's possible or not.

ShakeN'Bake
12-20-2010, 08:01 AM

Wait a minute. Are you saying you prefer Bynum to Howard?

Blazers#1Fan
12-20-2010, 08:07 AM

:facepalm: :laugh: :facepalm: you cant be serious! thats probably the worst thing ive ever seen somebody say and is serious

BYNUM over DHOWARD yeah right id take chris kaman over Bynum id take camby over bynum id take a verajao over bynum id take robin lopez over bynum anybody in there right mind wouldnt even take bynum on there team i wouldnt trade luke babbit for bynum hahahahaaaa

Blazers#1Fan
12-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Dhoward will retire a magic unless he gets traded or asks to be traded and i bet its not to either of those teams only places i ever see him going is OKC,ATL

Furymaker
12-20-2010, 08:14 AM
i'd like to see him playing alongside his fast don't lie partner , that would be sick , Rose and Howard :O

wa77ss
12-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Dwight will never leave Orlando. You are crazy if you think otherwise. Hes a loyal humble guy who the Orlando Magic took a chance on for the #1 pick, hes still very grateful. Its not like the Magic haven't been close......Finals.....ECF......well see this year. He wants to win one as the man, unlike all these other trios and such.

wa77ss
12-20-2010, 08:21 AM
And we wouldn't trade Howard for Lebron so to even consider Howard for Bynum......that's the funniest thing I ever heard. And whats funny is Howards offense is better than Bynums on any day

Raidaz4Life
12-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I think a lot of people here seriously underrate Bynum. He is no Dwight Howard but he is definitely no Varajao.

Sandman
12-20-2010, 08:32 AM
If the Lakers could pull off a trade involving a swap of Bynum and Howard I would sign off on it.
I would hope you would sign off on it, its the fleecing of the century.

uprightciti
12-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Knicks would be **** nasty

Kleonidas
12-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Howard isn't going anywhere, he loves Orlando... He has a new arena, an owner willing to spend like no small market owner in the league...Dwight will resign with the Magic.

Anon
12-20-2010, 09:25 AM
If the Lakers could pull off a trade involving a swap of Bynum and Howard I would sign off on it.

Are you sure? You would not want to get taken advantage of.

xbrackattackx
12-20-2010, 09:30 AM
<----------- knicks fan

x 2 Amare Scores , He defends, They both Block everyone.

IAmKira
12-20-2010, 09:52 AM

no effing sh^t captain obvious.

Corey
12-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Did the OP really say he likes Bynum's potential over Howard?

Yowza.

jrodmesche
12-20-2010, 10:18 AM
wow he would really be followind shaqs footsteps if he did this. I guess after he goes to the Lakers he will than win a championship in Miami. and after that go to the suns, and than the cavs, and than end up on boston lol

LanceUpperCut
12-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I think a lot of people here seriously underrate Bynum. He is no Dwight Howard but he is definitely no Varajao.

Yeah I hear this every year, but still never see anything and to rather have Bynum than Howard is the stupidest most homerish comment I ever heard. But as for Howard going were ever in 2-3 years, all I can say is:facepalm:

JordansBulls
12-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Come to Chicago Dwight.

John Walls Era
12-20-2010, 01:16 PM
<----------- knicks fan

Nope. They take up too much space in the paint. Defenders would be ready with help

STAT32
12-20-2010, 01:21 PM

Let the overvaluing begin.

I can already see how this one's gonna break down from a Laker perspective. They're going to overrate Bynum to the point where he becomes the greatest player to ever step on a basketball court, at that point they will act "reluctant" to trade for Howard because Bynum has more upside (Lulz...).

I don't know about you guys but I think Orlando would have to throw in a 1st round pick for the Lakers to even consider it. :facepalm:

macc
12-20-2010, 01:29 PM
It's to early to speculate Dwight Howard's free agency. Players mind change (for better or worse) year by year. A situation today could be completely different in 6 months. I guess if you guys are that bored and want to talk about it 2-3 years prior. Have at it...

DoMeFavors
12-20-2010, 01:31 PM
NOOOOOOOO!! Now if Melo doesnt go to NY we will be hearing about how Dwight will be going to the Knicks for years!

macc
12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
But if I were a betting man my guess is he signs his extension next year. Fans love him. Newest and by far the best NBA arena in the NBA, GM that has done nothing but make aggressive deals to surround him with talent the entire time he's been here. Been to the finals, ECF in the last two years. You can't ask for much more out of an organization.

Lakeshow86
12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Wait a minute. Are you saying you prefer Bynum to Howard?

If heathly yes I think I would take Bynum over Howard. The skys the limit with Bynum. He has the potential to be one of the greats even better than Howard. Problem is hes never been healthy.

Lakeshow86
12-20-2010, 01:44 PM
And we wouldn't trade Howard for Lebron so to even consider Howard for Bynum......that's the funniest thing I ever heard. And whats funny is Howards offense is better than Bynums on any day
Have you seen Bynum play? Since your a magic fan, I doubt it. He's hardly played. His potential hasnt been realized because hes been injured. Though at times when he has played he has shown good stuff. Last night he had 16 points and 7 rebounds in only 18 minutes of play.

beasted86
12-20-2010, 01:51 PM
:confused:

this

RaiderLakersA's
12-20-2010, 02:04 PM
But if I were a betting man my guess is he signs his extension next year. Fans love him. Newest and by far the best NBA arena in the NBA, GM that has done nothing but make aggressive deals to surround him with talent the entire time he's been here. Been to the finals, ECF in the last two years. You can't ask for much more out of an organization.

Reminds me of the fable of the guy who had a fiancee whom was perfect in every way ... and then one day he met a beautiful woman who was not only perfect, but she was also the sole princess in a land without a king, and of a kingdom where a king was entitled to as many concubines as he desired. Safe to say, loyal or not, the guy left his fiancee for the princess.

My hunch is that D. Howard will find himself in a similar position eventuallly, where he will want everything that the Magic organization is doing for him, plus a bit more. And as great as the Magic org is, there are other franchises around the league that have the wherewithal to accomplish just that.

Ripper Gein
12-21-2010, 03:23 AM
If L.A wants Dwight L.A gets Dwight check your history Lakers=Dominating Centers.

Ripper Gein
12-21-2010, 03:26 AM
:facepalm: :laugh: :facepalm: you cant be serious! thats probably the worst thing ive ever seen somebody say and is serious

BYNUM over DHOWARD yeah right id take chris kaman over Bynum id take camby over bynum id take a verajao over bynum id take robin lopez over bynum anybody in there right mind wouldnt even take bynum on there team i wouldnt trade luke babbit for bynum hahahahaaaa

Dhoward will retire a magic unless he gets traded or asks to be traded and i bet its not to either of those teams only places i ever see him going is OKC,ATL

Computer cleaner is bad for your brain.

_Supreme_
12-21-2010, 08:19 AM
This is just the media coming up with the next big free agency hype: Dwight Howard leaving the Magic.

We've had Lebron, Bosh, Wade... Melo is getting boring and they can't possibly come up with any Chris Paul rumors at the moment that the sheep will buy into.

So let's start something up with Dwight Howard!

And every each one of you who falls for this yet again after all the media bs the past 2 years brought is a dumb fool.

I've seen that thread in the Lakers forum where a lot of these dumb fethers actually think they can just dump mr Injury Andrew and some crap on Orlando and they'll get Dwight. Get real and use that blob inside your head for a change instead of getting people to laugh at your patheticness :facepalm:

Avenged
12-21-2010, 11:23 AM
I would prefer L.A gets another player 1st.. [Chris Paul/ Durant?] One can only dream...

SteBO
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Dwight aint goin anywhere. If he goes, something has gone wrong with the NBA

tbone2171
12-21-2010, 11:29 AM

The fact that you're mentioning Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum in the same sentence deserves a :facepalm:

dynasty7961
12-21-2010, 11:40 AM
He can look at the Celtics =P

Mishmin
12-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Just thinking of Dwight and Amare in the same front court makes me tear up in fear.

Teeboy1487
12-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Did the OP really say he likes Bynum's potential over Howard?

Yowza.

I'm a lakers fan and that was freaking insane when I read that from the op :facepalm:. Bynum has potential alright. The potential to get injured every year. I would take Howard over Bynum 1 million times out of 1 million.

YoungOne
12-21-2010, 11:59 AM
he can come to the celtics when KG retires :D

PhillyFaninLA
12-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Orlando is 1 or 2 players away and has some young players. The Magic are better then the Knicks. Lakers don't have the pieces to make a trade and match salary (at least that would make sense for them to trade).

Denver won't win the west, Cleveland was never going to do more, Toronto was never going to do more, Phoenix was getting worse. Orlando has been getting better, the Lakers are getting older, the Knicks are only good because its the East and when the season ends won't be a threat at all.

Some superstars don't move to move when on a team with promise, Orlando has a ton of promise and I for one would not be shocked if they won a championship. I would be a little suprised but certainly not shocked, they are the 3rd best team and last of 3 teams in the East that can actually be a threat to the West.

OneTuzSea
12-21-2010, 12:11 PM
This is just the media coming up with the next big free agency hype: Dwight Howard leaving the Magic.

We've had Lebron, Bosh, Wade... Melo is getting boring and they can't possibly come up with any Chris Paul rumors at the moment that the sheep will buy into.

So let's start something up with Dwight Howard!

And every each one of you who falls for this yet again after all the media bs the past 2 years brought is a dumb fool.

I've seen that thread in the Lakers forum where a lot of these dumb fethers actually think they can just dump mr Injury Andrew and some crap on Orlando and they'll get Dwight. Get real and use that blob inside your head for a change instead of getting people to laugh at your patheticness :facepalm:

This.

Flash3
12-21-2010, 12:14 PM
he will got to some random team like Toronto or Nets,

lvlheaded
12-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Hurray 2 more years of speculation!

Flash3
12-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Dwight aint goin anywhere. If he goes, something has gone wrong with the NBA

unless he comes to MIAMI for the league min :D

:pray:

lakerboy
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't see how this is so far off for everybody. This can just happen in a year or two if D Howard isn't happy with their progress, especially if Andrew Bynum manages to be healthy.

Bynum is highly regarded in the NBA because he is a young traditional big man with good offensive AND defensive play. How many traditional big men do you still see???? How many teams even have lost post players??

He's just often injured. Still, Bynum would be better than your average top 4 lotto pick. Package him with some Laker picks (our late first round and second round,) maybe our younglings like Caracter/Ebanks. It would be a good deal. Last year, I strongly believed Toronto wouild have said yes to a Bosh for Bynum (+picks) straight up trade. I believe the Lakers flirted with the idea but backed out last minute. Bosh would sign that extension in seconds. LA isn't just a nice city like NY, we're back to back champions as well.

If Howard decides not to stay in Orlando and wants to go to LA, his hand cannot be forced. He will not sign an extension elsewhere (except for LA,) while LA will have a better offer than everbody else. Not to mention, Andrew Bynum will be an expiring too that same year. Magic will realize LA has the best offer.

sixer04fan
12-21-2010, 01:04 PM
You think Bynum has more upside than Howard? okay homerism...

justinnum1
12-21-2010, 01:11 PM
I can see him going to the nets in 2 years with melo. Lopez will go to the magic.

And to the guy who think bynum has more potential than Howard--->:facepalm:

FKNRUEHH925
12-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Howard come to Oakland :pray:

HouRealCoach
12-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Dwight, Melo, Stoudemire??? and that might draw in Paul also...

NBA is getting scary

thekmp211
12-21-2010, 01:41 PM
is it the media stirring the pot? yes. but its also plausible. its looking more and more like the cavs strategy to keep lebron; throw **** at the wall and see what sticks.

NYKSpiritBomb
12-21-2010, 01:52 PM
/thread damn you guys say the dumbest ****

J4KOP99
12-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Follow in Shaq's footsteps and leave Orlando for LA.

TragicallyHip
12-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Eh, for the sake of NBA integrity, I hope he stays in Orlando. I want some parity damnit.

Exactly. This generation of young NBA superstars teaming up is bad for the NBA.

I have a hell of a lot more respect for Durant since he called out LeBron, Bosh and Wade for not being true competitors.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Exactly. This generation of young NBA superstars teaming up is bad for the NBA.

I have a hell of a lot more respect for Durant since he called out LeBron, Bosh and Wade for not being true competitors.

You do realize the NBA was at its peak when the Lakers and Celtics were destroying everybody in the 80's right? Reality is this. While there should be some parity, the league loves dynasties, especially the ones in the bigger markets. So, in short, it's actually good business for the NBA. That's reality.

I don't when Durant said that, but if he did, it's dumbest thing I've ever heard him say and I love KD.

Hugbees
12-21-2010, 04:13 PM

really? cause the magic won't and there's nothing else the lakers have(- the obvious) that would be remotely interesting.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Howard to Miami

:drool:

serrano275
12-21-2010, 04:52 PM
WOW! this thread is awsome. LEt me throw someperspective in hear being from Orlando and all.

1. Howard is a lot more similar to Shaq then people may think. Both call them selves superman. Both drafted by Orlando, both love being in the spot lite. Both want to be and have been in movies. Both love Orlando. But just like 15 years ago, it is a real possibility he may leave one Orange county for another, or for the Knicks. But I'll worry about that in the summer of 2013. 2014 if they strike next year.

2. Howard does love Orlando. So if I put money on it, he stays here.

3. But a lot of Orlando fans here are fickle fans. Not all of us. But when I lived near L.A. and steped in to a bar. Every one is rocking the Purp n Gold. When I lived near ATL. You see those Hawks jersey all over. Even when I lived in Texas people repped there boys.
But here in Orlando the past two years when I went to the bars to watch play off games. I always saw more Laker and Celtic fans when we faced them. THAT'S BS.

4. So you understand my last comment. I was raised in Orlando. But spent the past 8 years in the military stationed in the places I mentioned. Now I am back home, so happy about that.

5. He got into an arguement with the DJ on 102 jamz one time. Cause she is a Boston fan. WTF! How is our local DJ gonna rep a rival team and blast Howard. I would be pissed if I was him.

6. Stop hyping Bynum. Ya his potential is great so was Ming's. I don't care. 99% of the WORLD is gonna take Howard over Bynum. Every basket ball analyst says the two best Bigs right now is your boy Gasol and our boy Howard. What good is he if he can't play?

7. If Shaq taught me anything is that, whatever. If he leaves he leaves. I don't want him to leave. I want him to retire in Orlando. But I aint gonna turn all Cleveland on him and burn jerseys. Let's move on and build around Arenas, Bass, JJ, Turk, both Richardsons, and whatever we get for him.

8. Shouldn't you guys be focusing on what you can do to win this years trophy....and next years trophy before you worry about our boy in Orlando? By this time Kobe will be following in MJ's footsteps and playing for the Bobcats or something. Either way or another Kobe's days are numbered and when he goes the Lakers will fall into a 5 year slump before the wheezle out some other crazy deal from the Memphis Grizzly's. Knick fans plz don't rip your team apart waiting for howard to have his name being shout out by Jay-Z in a song about NYC. I'll worry about this in two years when it reall matters.

9. At what point has Howard ever said he is upset in Orlando? Again, he loves it here. But if it doesn't work he would leave. Like every other player would. He has actually been having fun. But he is still young so in less we lock him in to a max deal contract. Then there is no promise he wil stay.

10. Bottom line is he said he wants to stay in Orlando, but it's not written in stone, he still keeping open. To me this means, "hey I love it here. But I better get paid and you better keep working to make sure we win a chamionship."

nickdymez
12-21-2010, 04:59 PM
How can you like Bynum's "potential" over Howard? Even when he was healthy his numbers weren't even close to Howard's numbers.

Hell, I like Greg Oden's "potential" over Howard more than Bynum.

You probably haven't watched a laker game while Bynum is healthy. He doesn't dunk as hard as Howard, but every other aspect of his game offensively is better than Howard by leaps. Defensively, Howard has the edge. But Bynum is a very good defender. All that said, I wouldnt trade Howard for Bynum if i were the Magic simply due to the fact Bynum has health issues.

And to say you like Greg Odens Potential over Bynum simply tells me that your a Laker hater

SteBO
12-21-2010, 05:09 PM
You probably haven't watched a laker game while Bynum is healthy. He doesn't dunk as hard as Howard, but every other aspect of his game offensively is better than Howard by leaps. Defensively, Howard has the edge. But Bynum is a very good defender. All that said, I wouldnt trade Howard for Bynum if i were the Magic simply due to the fact Bynum has health issues.

And to say you like Greg Odens Potential over Bynum simply tells me that your a Laker hater

I know, right? I'm a heat fan and I know that when Bynum's healthy he's a strong offensive force that put up 40 points once against the Clippers in a game. His potential is far greater than Greg Oden's.

MrfadeawayJB
12-21-2010, 05:24 PM
No team in their right mind would trade Dwight to the Lakers, Why? So LA will win the championship easily for the next 5 years?

godolphins
12-21-2010, 05:35 PM
I wonder how many big name players has been rumored to the Knicks:

Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Tony Parker, Kevin Durant(briefly) Chris Paul, Carmelo and now Howard.

This is getting ridiculous, and the thing about it is that the Knicks fans get caught up in all of that and start believing that crap.

zambo4president
12-21-2010, 05:47 PM
I can see Dwight in yellow. Not so much Orange and Blue though. I think his personality would fit LA alot better than New York too.

TragicallyHip
12-21-2010, 07:14 PM
You do realize the NBA was at its peak when the Lakers and Celtics were destroying everybody in the 80's right? Reality is this. While there should be some parity, the league loves dynasties, especially the ones in the bigger markets. So, in short, it's actually good business for the NBA. That's reality.

I don't when Durant said that, but if he did, it's dumbest thing I've ever heard him say and I love KD.

I disagree. The NBA was never in better shape than the 90's. And the dynasties you speak of weren't comprised of 2 1/2 superstars in their prime. It was the MJ Bulls team with a supporting cast of Scottie Pippen, Tony Kukoc, Dennis Rodman, the Hakeem Olajuwon Rockets with Kenny Smith and Clyde Drexler, the Karl Malone Jazz team with Stockton and Hornacek, the Alonzo Morning Hornets with Muggsy Bogues and Larry Johnson, etc., etc...

So while I agree with the fact that the league loves dynasties, the 2010 Miami Heat attempt at building a dynasty is not good for the league. Case in point, who does Cleveland have now to draw fans? No one. The league's most successful dynasties were buit on a similar platform, 1 superstar, 2-3 great supporting players and capable players to round out the roster.

As for Durant's comments (http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2010/07/16/kevin-durant-everyone-wants-to-play-for-the-lakers/), he's spot on in calling out these guys trying to take the easy way to a championship.

MJ never would have done this and will still be considered the GOAT long after LeBron is finished.

SteBO
12-21-2010, 07:33 PM
I disagree. The NBA was never in better shape than the 90's. And the dynasties you speak of weren't comprised of 2 1/2 superstars in their prime. It was the MJ Bulls team with a supporting cast of Scottie Pippen, Tony Kukoc, Dennis Rodman, the Hakeem Olajuwon Rockets with Kenny Smith and Clyde Drexler, the Karl Malone Jazz team with Stockton and Hornacek, the Alonzo Morning Hornets with Muggsy Bogues and Larry Johnson, etc., etc...

So while I agree with the fact that the league loves dynasties, the 2010 Miami Heat attempt at building a dynasty is not good for the league. Case in point, who does Cleveland have now to draw fans? No one. The league's most successful dynasties were buit on a similar platform, 1 superstar, 2-3 great supporting players and capable players to round out the roster.

As for Durant's comments (http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2010/07/16/kevin-durant-everyone-wants-to-play-for-the-lakers/), he's spot on in calling out these guys trying to take the easy way to a championship.

MJ never would have done this and will still be considered the GOAT long after LeBron is finished.
I get what you're saying. Money was a lot tighter back then, too. I never considered Scottie Pippen a supporting player because he was a star, at least in my eyes. However, Magic Johnson forced his way on a Lakers team with Kareem Abdul-Jabar and they won titles.
The Celtics are actually a better example. Larry Bird landed on a team with two hall of famers on it with Tiny Archibald and Dave Cowens and when they aged they traded for Robert Parish that landed them the number three overall pick in Kevin McHale and signed a finals MVP in Dennis Johnson. While what Miami did was different, that doesn't make it wrong. Pat Riley was just doing his job.

As for Durant's comments, just because they joined forces doesn't mean it'll be easy. They still have some problems right now. Boston and L.A. are still better than us. They aren't taking the easy way out. LeBron wasn't going to win anything staying Cleveland long term. They had no cap flexibility. His next best player was Mo Williams, and if he's your next best player, I'm sorry, you won't win, especially when Kobe's next best player is Pau Gasol and Boston has Rondo, Pierce, Garnett, and Ray Allen. LeBron would've gone to Chicago, but Derrick Rose wasn't very welcoming. He preferred having Joe Johnson. He wanted to win, plain and simple. You can't fault him for that. Durant's commenting now, but he'll get it soon enough. At the end of day, Cleveland didn't do a good enough job putting pieces around him and you're seeing that now watching this current Cavs team.

TO Rapz
12-21-2010, 07:43 PM
he will got to some random team like Toronto or Nets,

:pray:

reffahead
12-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Atlanta bound baby.

nickdymez
12-22-2010, 12:40 AM
I know, right? I'm a heat fan and I know that when Bynum's healthy he's a strong offensive force that put up 40 points once against the Clippers in a game. His potential is far greater than Greg Oden's.

Heat fans are annoying. :facepalm:

SteBO
12-22-2010, 11:26 AM

I was agreeing with you bro. Not all Heat fans are dillusional

king4day
12-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Bucher just said he heard from sources that if they don't win in 2 years that he wants to go to LA

Sandman
12-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't think it was DYNASTY that fueled the NBA in the 80s and 90s, and even early 00s. I think it was RIVALRY that energized the game and made every playoff series relevant. There aren't any real rivalries out there now. The last time there was any sense of rivarly, Shaq and the Heat were playing Kobe and the Lakers on Christmas.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't think it was DYNASTY that fueled the NBA in the 80s and 90s, and even early 00s. I think it was RIVALRY that energized the game and made every playoff series relevant. There aren't any real rivalries out there now. The last time there was any sense of rivarly, Shaq and the Heat were playing Kobe and the Lakers on Christmas.

Dynasties are great for sport. Rivalries played a part also, I agree with that. But those teams had more than one star, that's reality.

JAZZNC
12-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Man, this forum has gotten a little ridiculous. Threads about what a player might possibly do in 3 years if he accepts a player option, blah, blah, blah. And to top it all off the guy who started it doesn't have the slightest clue about basketball. Anybody who knows **** knows that Bynum and Howard aren't even on the same level.

kobebabe
12-22-2010, 01:52 PM
if this would happen, then CP3, melo would end up in NY and the rest of the league would have to be declared inactivated due to incompetence and then we would have just a handful of teams namely:

LA
Bos
NY
Miami
Chicago (may be)
Dallas
Spurs

and let them fight it off. It would be torturous for teams not named above to even practice with these, let alone play against them

TragicallyHip
12-22-2010, 02:34 PM
I get what you're saying. Money was a lot tighter back then, too. I never considered Scottie Pippen a supporting player because he was a star, at least in my eyes. However, Magic Johnson forced his way on a Lakers team with Kareem Abdul-Jabar and they won titles.
The Celtics are actually a better example. Larry Bird landed on a team with two hall of famers on it with Tiny Archibald and Dave Cowens and when they aged they traded for Robert Parish that landed them the number three overall pick in Kevin McHale and signed a finals MVP in Dennis Johnson. While what Miami did was different, that doesn't make it wrong. Pat Riley was just doing his job.
As for Durant's comments, just because they joined forces doesn't mean it'll be easy. They still have some problems right now. Boston and L.A. are still better than us. They aren't taking the easy way out. LeBron wasn't going to win anything staying Cleveland long term. They had no cap flexibility. His next best player was Mo Williams, and if he's your next best player, I'm sorry, you won't win, especially when Kobe's next best player is Pau Gasol and Boston has Rondo, Pierce, Garnett, and Ray Allen. LeBron would've gone to Chicago, but Derrick Rose wasn't very welcoming. He preferred having Joe Johnson. He wanted to win, plain and simple. You can't fault him for that. Durant's commenting now, but he'll get it soon enough. At the end of day, Cleveland didn't do a good enough job putting pieces around him and you're seeing that now watching this current Cavs team.

It's definitely not Pat Riley's fault, his job is to build the strongest team possbile.

But as far as LeBron and Bosh are concerned, they are absoultely trying to take the easy route to a championship and if you can't see that then you need to take off your rose colored glasses.

I do understand that chances are LeBron wouldn't have won a championship in Cleveland, but by going to Miami with another superstar and a half he showed that he's nowhere near the competitor that everyone thought he was. He even showed that when he layed down against the Celtics in the ECF.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 02:41 PM
It's definitely not Pat Riley's fault, his job is to build the strongest team possbile.

But as far as LeBron and Bosh are concerned, they are absoultely trying to take the easy route to a championship and if you can't see that then you need to take off your rose colored glasses.

I do understand that chances are LeBron wouldn't have won a championship in Cleveland, but by going to Miami with another superstar and a half he showed that he's nowhere near the competitor that everyone thought he was. He even showed that when he layed down against the Celtics in the ECF.

Nothing comes easy in sports. How can they take an easy route if the route won't be easy. :confused: There are 3 teams far superior to them right now, and I don't have to name them.
BTW Magic Johnson forced his way on the Lakers to play with Kareem. Does that make him a non-competitor, no. The rose colored glasses comment was unecessary.

Khri
12-22-2010, 02:44 PM

And Lakers fans are better? We can be annoying, but we are not delusional like the rest of your fanbase:laugh::laugh:

DasBoot
12-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Would't mind seeing him in Los Angeles. The league is always better when L.A. is good. Kinda like Yankees in Baseball, Steelers in football and the Lakers in Basketball. Kind of like an all is right in the sports world. haha and I'm not even a Lakers fan.

jimbobjarree
12-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Bucher just said he heard from sources that if they don't win in 2 years that he wants to go to LA

so he's drafted by Orlando, proclaims himself superman, then wants a trade to the Lakers...sounds familiar

magichatnumber9
12-22-2010, 02:57 PM
so he's drafted by Orlando, proclaims himself superman, then wants a trade to the Lakers...sounds familiar
Well put sir.

TragicallyHip
12-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Nothing comes easy in sports. How can they take an easy route if the route won't be easy. :confused: There are 3 teams far superior to them right now, and I don't have to name them.
BTW Magic Johnson forced his way on the Lakers to play with Kareem. Does that make him a non-competitor, no. The rose colored glasses comment was unecessary.

Sorry if you took the rose colored glasses comment wrong, I was just pointing out that if you can't see that it's exponentially easier to win a championship with the caliber of players on Miami's team then your Miami bias is showing.

And the Magic Johnson situation was completely different. Back then you didn't have superstars in their prime plotting out contracts so that they could hit free agency around the same time and all load up on one team. LeBron isn't a true competitor. That's a fact.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Sorry if you took the rose colored glasses comment wrong, I was just pointing out that if you can't see that it's exponentially easier to win a championship with the caliber of players on Miami's team then your Miami bias is showing.

And the Magic Johnson situation was completely different. Back then you didn't have superstars in their prime plotting out contracts so that they could hit free agency around the same time and all load up on one team. LeBron isn't a true competitor. That's a fact.

Okay, I get the rose colored comment now. Dn't wrry about it.
LeBron simply isn't wired like MJ and Kobe, that's just the truth. Regardless if Magic and Kareem didn't plot out their contracts, the end result was the same. They joined forces, jus like LBJ.