PDA

View Full Version : NBA Jerseys

xabial
12-20-2010, 01:29 AM
I have a feeling this thread WILL not last long, but i will give it a shot. Please No Spam..

If you own an NBA Jersey, Do you wear Real Jerseys, or Fake Jerseys and can people spot the difference. Is it worth $279.99, or do you buy Knock off's because their hard to spot the difference of a real and fake.

NetsPaint
12-20-2010, 01:37 AM
I have no jerseys, considering the money. I used to want the authentic ones, but now those went way up, and plus, I gave myself an excuse not to care if the replica is easy to spot (brand logo), because, only people who should be wearing those top notch jerseys is the players on the team. Not that even the authentic ones are EXACTLY the same, but yeah. I'm going with the replica ones when I do buy them.

xabial
12-20-2010, 01:43 AM
yeah thats what i was thinking. Its a lot.

jcheefness23
12-20-2010, 01:45 AM
I have a lot of NBA and NFL jerseys. I personally like the "throwback" jerseys. The numbers are stitched on and the quality is pretty good. The "replica" jerseys are just ironed on and they will peel off.

I pay about $80 for throwback jerseys which isn't to bad of a price. Better than $150+ for authentic....

SA5195
12-20-2010, 02:05 AM
$180+ is way to much for a simple stitched jersey.

Lakerfrk
12-20-2010, 02:12 AM
Swingman jerseys are the way to go... they last a while and they are usually $69.99.

MaHaRaJaH
12-20-2010, 02:37 AM
You can get fake stitched ones, to the common person it's a very authentic person. Even hardcore gicks can't spot em.

PC
12-20-2010, 02:37 AM
I haven't gotten a jersey in a couple of years but when I did get them I got swingmans

MaHaRaJaH
12-20-2010, 02:39 AM
I have fake NFL stitched jerseys (it's easy to spot because the logo of the team appears on the upper left shoulder blade) can't say I care because I think they look good. And also "players of the century" is not an authentic company. If you do get fake stitched, make sure you do NOT PAY retail for it.

Bulls_fan90
12-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Swingman jerseys are the way to go... they last a while and they are usually $69.99.

Yeah that's what i get. No point in wasting money on authentic jerseys, unless itís a Drose jersey.

pd1dish
12-20-2010, 03:40 AM
I have no jerseys, considering the money. I used to want the authentic ones, but now those went way up, and plus, I gave myself an excuse not to care if the replica is easy to spot (brand logo), because, only people who should be wearing those top notch jerseys is the players on the team. Not that even the authentic ones are EXACTLY the same, but yeah. I'm going with the replica ones when I do buy them.

i dont have any NBA jerseys because i simply just dont wear them so it would be a waste of money for one to just sit in my closet, but i do wear NFL jerseys almost every weekend during the football season. the only reason i absolutely despise the replica jersey is because the lettering and numbers arent stitched on. i dont know if thats the case with NBA jerseys, but it is with NFL. so i always go authentic for that reason alone. i cant stand the ironed on names and numbers. they look bad and they also start to peel off after washing it so many times.

ive had an Urlacher authentic for years now and it still looks in perfect condition. if it were a replica, it probably would be missing half its letters on the back. since authentic jerseys are so expensive, i typically go onto ebay or something like that and buy it off there because you can usually save at least $100 on a really nice jersey.

like this year i bought an authentic Julius Peppers 1940s throwback. on all the nfl associated websites, they were selling for $270 plus shipping. i bought it off of ebay and paid $70 total for it completely new still in packaging and it is a great looking jersey. and i know its not some knockoff because it has all the same tags and everything as my Urlacher jersey which i purchased straight from the chicago bears website. ebay is the way to go for all purchases as long as you know what youre doing.

asandhu23
12-20-2010, 06:18 AM
spammers in 3.... 2.... 1....

gilly
12-20-2010, 07:41 AM
To get current ones shipped from the US is stupidly expensive for me, so I just use ebay to get retro ones, I have a Garnett Timberwolves jersey and a Stackhouse rookie year Sixers jersey. They're usually much much cheaper too so it works out well :)

Apophis
12-20-2010, 07:51 AM
spammers in 3.... 2.... 1....

LMAO.. Next post after yours.. a spammer...

CrasH-X
12-20-2010, 01:12 PM
I have like 20 plastic (replica) jerseys that I used to get when I was a kid . I'm a collector but to be honest I have more rare, or "bad" jerseys than the usual stars .

When I was old enough to understand/find swingman jerseys I got a nice few over the years and to this day remain my favorite to wear (usually only during the summers or around the house) .. I actually just picked up the new style HEAT swingman for XMas and I love the material and style of it and can see myself getting a few more of these .

I bought an authentic Dwight jersey (20th anniversary) from FLA a few summers ago . $300 yes, but it's great and even tho' it's not my favorite team, it's by far my favorite jersey just because of its fit and the fact that I spent all that money .
My friend started ordering jerseys online from China somewhere and I've got a few "fauxthentics" (Nash, Paul, Iggy, VCRaps) and although they are great, I can tell the few minor detailing mistakes, but mostly it's just a few lose threads .

So yes, $300 for 6 "fauxthentics" vs $300 for 1 legit jersey may be a great deal, but you'll always appreciate the ones you spend the money on the most .

Edit: I have many NFL/MLB "fauxthentics" and for the most part are great, but I only had a couple replica or equivalent-to-swingman to compare them to before .

xabial
12-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks Guys.

I know know which direction im going