PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster deal bigger deal for Magic's Howard

RC3
12-19-2010, 10:56 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14461388/blockbuster-deal-a-bigger-deal-for-magics-howard

People with knowledge of Howard's thinking said the superstar is on board with Orlando's moves, with one saying he's "a big fan" of the changes. But as he grew restless over the summer about the developments in South Florida, and as the Magic were exposed in recent weeks, Howard privately already was beginning to weigh his options. Like the list of stars he wanted to join him in Orlando, he was forming another list: potential suitors for him. Two teams were on it, according to sources: the Knicks and Lakers.

Does anyone believe this to be true?

d00d
12-19-2010, 10:59 PM
the whimp Lebron has created a monster. the whimp Bosh wanting to chill created a monster. lets consolidate all the talent to 2 teams. one in the western and one in the eastern conference

jimbobjarree
12-19-2010, 11:01 PM
he expires in 2 years, so yeah, load of balony

Cubsfan365
12-19-2010, 11:05 PM
If this is true, why are there so few players who are willing to act as a franchise cornerstone in this league? It used to mean something to be a franchise player, now it's just follow your friends and create super-teams.

Jewelz0376
12-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Get it Done Mitch!!!!

I'd even be cool with a sign and trade and they could get Bynum with his weak knees..haha

xbrackattackx
12-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Yes, Lakers sound legit.

xabial
12-19-2010, 11:10 PM
This article made me hate ORLANDO.

Please let the trades backfire and take longer time then anticipated to build that chemistry so Dwight can come to the Knicks :pray:

Haha... Just kidding Orlando Fans..

But that would be awesome..

xabial
12-19-2010, 11:13 PM
If this is true, why are there so few players who are willing to act as a franchise cornerstone in this league? It used to mean something to be a franchise player, now it's just follow your friends and create super-teams.

Lebron doesnt know he started something. He left a successful Cavs team that led the NBA in wins, but kept getting knocked out in the playoffs year after year. He was the face of a very succesful NBA Franchise. No matter what you say the cavs with LeBron were one of the NBA's Top Teams Annualy.

If the Heat do well, and win at least ONE Ring... i see major changes in the future unless a drastic CBA change take place...

Franchise players switching teams.. even a good team like Orlando, who knows? dwight cp3, deron, d rose, that FA class is probly the 2nd best one in nba history after 2010. Pray the heat do bad, because it effects you in more ways then you think... I can see at least two free agents from that fa class taking paycuts to join a team with cap space.

OR

You can pray this article isnt legit.

ldawg
12-19-2010, 11:18 PM
This article made me hate ORLANDO.

Please let the trades backfire and take longer time then anticipated to build that chemistry so Dwight can come to the Knicks :pray:

Haha... Just kidding Orlando Fans..

But that would be awesome..

I feel like you, I want Orlando to fail. But Not to New York to La. Him and Amare is not a good fit plus its to cold and grimy in NY.

DoJoTheSlasher
12-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Lakers would have to give Gasol, Bynum and Ebanks.picks/cash.

Knicks would have to give up Chandler, Gallinari, Randolph, Fields and picks.

He isn;t getting traded.

RangersMets
12-19-2010, 11:20 PM
I feel like you, I want Orlando to fail. But Not to New York to La. Him and Amare is not a good fit plus its to cold in NY.

Uhm, what?

xabial
12-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Lakers would have to give Gasol, Bynum and Ebanks.picks/cash.

Knicks would have to give up Chandler, Gallinari, Randolph, Fields and picks.

He isn;t getting traded.

Im a Knicks Fan but i would Give up Chandler, Gallinari, Randolph, Fields, and picks for Dwight..

Sure your trading away three players in your starting lineup plus picks, and potential in randolph but who cares? Its Dwight LoL

That Still leaves Felton-Amare-Dwight-(Filler)-(Filler)..

5ass
12-19-2010, 11:22 PM
damn if he goes to NY and they get amare this season they would have
felton
fields?
melo
amare
howard

better than Miami and the lakers in my opinion.. felton running pick n rolls with everybody LOL
honestly i dont see dwight leaving orlando though

ldawg
12-19-2010, 11:26 PM
nah...lol Kobe,Gasol,Odom,Howard thats more like it:clap:

Giaps
12-19-2010, 11:27 PM
damn if he goes to NY and they get amare this season they would have
felton
fields?
melo
amare
howard

better than Miami and the lakers in my opinion.. felton running pick n rolls with everybody LOL
honestly i dont see dwight leaving orlando though
Knicks probably couldn't afford Amar'e, Melo and Dwight under the new salary cap. Felton expires by then and guys like Chandler & Gallinari would probably have to be traded just to fit them.

The scenario is a big fairy tale.

ManRam
12-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Lebron wasn't the first person at all to want to move from small market to large. Look at shaq, look at eli and kobe refusing to pay in small markets and the list goes on and on. Not everything is lebron's fault. ;)

Im not gonna sit here and be upset for him thinking about leaving a small market. It's now blatantly obvious that other stars are likely to shy away from tiny markets like orlando and he's been there for a while and feels like help hasn't been provided...I don't blame him.

I do think he genuinely likes these moves. Definitely ups the star power.

Hellbound
12-19-2010, 11:31 PM
LeBron started this, LeBron started that....serioulsy? Celtics did it before Miami & LeBron. There were other teams before that

lvlheaded
12-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Ill take D12 in NY :)

jdmd3
12-20-2010, 12:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he did this. This man was defending Lebron's decision on his own twitter account. Add in the fact that he has aspirations of being in show business, I'm sure he'd be all over forming a superteam in L.A. or NYC if he had the freedom to do so.

D Roses Bulls
12-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Dwight is not going to the knicks........... i could see the lakers but not the knicks. the media always has to try and put someone in new york.

D Roses Bulls
12-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Lebron wasn't the first person at all to want to move from small market to large. Look at shaq, look at eli and kobe refusing to pay in small markets and the list goes on and on. Not everything is lebron's fault. ;)

Im not gonna sit here and be upset for him thinking about leaving a small market. It's now blatantly obvious that other stars are likely to shy away from tiny markets like orlando and he's been there for a while and feels like help hasn't been provided...I don't blame him.

I do think he genuinely likes these moves. Definitely ups the star power.

maimi is a large market? :confused: large markets in the nba are chicago, L.A., New York, not miami

310Casper
12-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Yea, Miami is a large popular city. But not a large NBA Market.

I think he's getting the two confused.

Howard to the Lakers would make Popovich kill himself, like he once attempted after the gasol trade.

avrpatsfan
12-20-2010, 12:31 AM
If the Lakers get Howard I think I'm going to stop watching basketball.
PG: Fisher
SG: Kobe
SF: Artest
PF: Gasol
C: Howard
Lord no.

310Casper
12-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Theyd have to give up Gasol. Unless Howard accepts playing for less than max...

el_primo_nano
12-20-2010, 12:34 AM
If he were to go to the Lakers it would be unfair and Kobe could potentially win 3 more titles. Him and Kobe?? ohhhhh my goodness

thedfactor
12-20-2010, 12:35 AM
D12 with the Knicks would be sick. I could see him in LA, but I just would hate it haha

handle
12-20-2010, 12:36 AM
If he were to go to the Lakers it would be unfair and Kobe could potentially win 3 more titles. Him and Kobe?? ohhhhh my goodness

Three more? Six would be more likely.

JordansBulls
12-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Which is why winning with the Lakers is easy. All the best players go there all the time.

DeyAce
12-20-2010, 12:42 AM
No way he leaves Orlando

D Roses Bulls
12-20-2010, 12:43 AM
No way he leaves Orlando

I don't think so either. I think the media is just tyring to find something else to talk about.

Eg714
12-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Bynum brown and ebanks would be a good deal.

hgtiger32
12-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Oklahoma City?

Westbrook
Harden/other
Durrant
Green/Ibaka
Howard

0nekhmer
12-20-2010, 12:44 AM
oh come on dwight, if this were true.. why even think LA thats just basic honor to not have to team stack to win.. you can even sense the embarassment of the 3 heat members at times when they dont want to look at the camera's and feel proud of themselves

hgtiger32
12-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Bynum brown and ebanks would be a good deal.

you're F'in kidding me right?

310Casper
12-20-2010, 12:47 AM
No way he leaves Orlando

No way Lebron leaves Cleveland.

baghdadbob
12-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Dwight is not going to the knicks........... i could see the lakers but not the knicks. the media always has to try and put someone in new york.

Knicks no but Lakers yes?

How does that work with the Cap?

310Casper
12-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Which is why winning with the Lakers is easy. All the best players go there all the time.

I promise you if the laker Front Office was inept, made horrible moves, and stopped winning, these elite players wouldnt want to come here as badly as you imagine.

Blame your front offices.

Its possible for big market teams with bad front offices to not be elite players' dream destinations. See: Los Angeles Dodgers. I dont see many elite players wanting to be dodgers these days. Look at the Phillies, not the biggest popular city (compared to NY, LA), yet their front office gets the job done. Now players are flocking over there.

It all starts with the front office/owners.

310Casper
12-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Miami is not a major city. Great party town but not a major city.

I guess i meant large/popular in a difference sense. Miami is a postcard city, just like NY and LA.

D Roses Bulls
12-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Knicks no but Lakers yes?

How does that work with the Cap?

well the lakers do have options on odom and bynum around that time and if the lakers still cant afford him, if anything I think they could do sign and trade. the knicks if they sign melo or get someone else and also say extend gallo, fields, and ect, they wont have the money to sign him out right either.

MagicBucsSox
12-20-2010, 01:06 AM
only place Dwight is getting traded is for Blake Griffin

xabial
12-20-2010, 01:09 AM

:laugh:

baghdadbob
12-20-2010, 01:11 AM
well the lakers do have options on odom and bynum around that time and if the lakers still cant afford him, if anything I think they could do sign and trade. the knicks if they sign melo or get someone else and also say extend gallo, fields, and ect, they wont have the money to sign him out right either.

That is a horrid set of contracts being swapped. Magic are probably better served in this scenario by just letting him go.

Lakers in 2-3 years are going to be irrelevant. Kobe's knees are going to go. Gasol is no spring chicken. The other guys they have are support... and old.

Are you saying the Lakers strategy is sign big 1 year deals to old players and then send them to a team willing to giveway young talent?

If you told me Howard to OKC for Jeff Green, Harden, a few #1s.....

baghdadbob
12-20-2010, 01:12 AM

I would not trade Blake Griffin for anyone straight up. Sorry.

310Casper
12-20-2010, 01:14 AM
I would not trade Blake Griffin for anyone straight up. Sorry.

Wowzers.

Lebron for Griffin.
Dwight for Griffin.

I find it hard to believe you'd say no to both of those.

jkcronyn
12-20-2010, 01:18 AM
anyone feel like franchise tags are on the way?

BALLER R
12-20-2010, 01:20 AM
howard and amare is that a good thing?

baghdadbob
12-20-2010, 01:23 AM
anyone feel like franchise tags are on the way?

Players won't go for it.

For what ever reason, everyone thinks the players are just going to roll over and accept whatever the owners want.

Owners need to make money too.

baghdadbob
12-20-2010, 01:23 AM
howard and amare is that a good thing?

Howard and Melo is better,

VinSUNity
12-20-2010, 01:26 AM
I thought Orlando would keep Vince no matter what so if it didnt work they could use his expiring contract and bring someone in LIKE Melo...thatd be more beneficial then bringing Dwight elsewhere.

btw Dwight to LA would be Shaq all over again...but idk if Lakers should even do this straight up if its for Gasol. I know that sounds crazy, but Lakers already have good defense and rebounding. Thats what Dwight would bring, Gasol is already a better offensive player

would be crazy to see as well and i wouldnt respect Dwight.

xPhillies08WSCx
12-20-2010, 01:27 AM
lol, love that sig

*Superman*
12-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Anyone can guess that NY and LA would be in his list. Doesn't take a genius to guess that.

BALLER R
12-20-2010, 01:40 AM
howard in la would turn into a beast...and he already is one so imagine how dangerous that team would be gasol, kobe, howard that sounds like something u do in 2k not real life

baghdadbob
12-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Wowzers.

Lebron for Griffin.
Dwight for Griffin.

I find it hard to believe you'd say no to both of those.

Barring injury, Blake Griffin has the physical ability to dominate offensively inside and outside.

LeBron has no post game and neither does Dwight.

Dwight is a shot blocker and Blake can never be that b/c his arm length is poor. LeBron is not even a better passer than Griffin -- just watch Griffin play.

Eg714
12-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Lakers usually get what they want. I can see Howard with the lakers without giving up gasol. He's almost untouchable

xabial
12-20-2010, 01:54 AM
Barring injury, Blake Griffin has the physical ability to dominate offensively inside and outside.

LeBron has no post game and neither does Dwight.

Dwight is a shot blocker and Blake can never be that b/c his arm length is poor. LeBron is not even a better passer than Griffin -- just watch Griffin play.

:speechless:

aussie
12-20-2010, 02:08 AM
fairly sure it says New orleans is at the top of the list with chris paul!

J4KOP99
12-20-2010, 03:59 AM
Bynum, Luke and one more piece for Howard

5ass
12-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Bynum, Luke and one more piece for Howard

LOL LOL and LOL

handle
12-20-2010, 04:51 AM
LOL LOL and LOL

...or he could just sign as a FA with some other team, leaving the Magic with nothing in return. LOL.

5ass
12-20-2010, 04:55 AM
...or he could just sign as a FA with some other team, leaving the Magic with nothing in return. LOL.

...or he could resign with the magic and LA will keep dreaming about having Dwight on the lakers team. LOL.

Storch
12-20-2010, 05:10 AM
LA getting Shaq from the Magic in his prime AND Howard in his prime would just be too unfair. I would love for Dwight to go to the lakeshow but cmon let other teams grab some players and make the NBA more interesting.

jbeezy
12-20-2010, 05:59 AM
Howard can opt out in the summer :drool:

JB0B0
12-20-2010, 06:27 AM
He's trying to be like Shaq so he will leave for the Lakers.