PDA

View Full Version : Let's play a game (Mock Draft)

1_Bulls_1
12-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Suppose you were starting a franchise and every player in the NBA was available how would you construct your team? Who would be your Head Coach? What city would you want your franchise in? Those are some polls that we will answer. We will hold a mock draft for players but first, who would you want coaching ur squad?

1_Bulls_1
12-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I chose Doc Rivers. I would start my team with Doc because he gets along well with his players while also demanding their respect. He is a proven winner with a great system. Also I know I would have him for at least 4-5 years.

Evolution23
12-19-2010, 09:29 PM
coach K

Mudvayne91
12-19-2010, 09:34 PM
This is my biggest problem with picking Jackson. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he'll only come to teams that are already built to win. I mean Chi he had MJ, LA he had Shaq/Kobe, and when he came back again he had Kobe. There were other teams that I'm sure would've loved to have him as the coach during his retired years, but he never goes to them. I would love to see him go to a team like Minni. That's why I really have a hard time saying he's the best coach of all time. And I certainly don't think he'd go to a team that is in the process of rebuilding.

Giraffes Rule
12-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Coach Pop.

j-bay
12-19-2010, 09:43 PM
doc

HoopsDrive
12-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Popovich.

John Walls Era
12-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Pop. If I get MJ or Kobe then maybe Phil Jackson....

1_Bulls_1
12-19-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree with you that Phil does always seem to come back to a good team but you can't discredit him winning. Good teams don't always win. The Pacers from a few yrs ago, the Mavs, the Suns, the Cavs. All those teams were very good but they didn't win. Honestly I believe if Phil coached those teams that they would have won.

nykobe24
12-19-2010, 09:58 PM
I agree with you that Phil does always seem to come back to a good team but you can't discredit him winning. Good teams don't always win. The Pacers from a few yrs ago, the Mavs, the Suns, the Cavs. All those teams were very good but they didn't win. Honestly I believe if Phil coached those teams that they would have won.

nailed the hammer in the coffin

Chucky Woods
12-19-2010, 09:58 PM
John Wooden RIP

Korman12
12-19-2010, 10:00 PM
From that list, Popovich.

BALLER71
12-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Pop

SteBO
12-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Doc

Mudvayne91
12-19-2010, 10:35 PM

I don't know if that's true or not. None of those teams had the best player(s) in the league. I don't mean to discredit his history, but I just am not willing to call him the greatest.

tangent12
12-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Tom Thibodeau.

MTar786
12-19-2010, 10:50 PM
This is my biggest problem with picking Jackson. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he'll only come to teams that are already built to win. I mean Chi he had MJ, LA he had Shaq/Kobe, and when he came back again he had Kobe. There were other teams that I'm sure would've loved to have him as the coach during his retired years, but he never goes to them. I would love to see him go to a team like Minni. That's why I really have a hard time saying he's the best coach of all time. And I certainly don't think he'd go to a team that is in the process of rebuilding.

Ur wrong in a sense. he goes to good tems to get them over the top. thats the way i see it. he went to the bulls before they were considered contenders. he paved the way for their first title. he went to the lakers when the lakers didnt even win a title and when kobe wasnt even 20. and the lakers were just loaded with potential (always dissappointing with early exits in the playoffs)

he came back to the lakers when the lakers were rebuildng with the same lineup they had the previous year except worse with no caron butler. the following season he had the same lakers with the number 1 overall record in the western conference just before they made the trade for gasol.

not to mention he has 11 rings and is the best coach ever followed by pop IMO

ChaseHamels
12-19-2010, 10:58 PM
J Sloan

1_Bulls_1
12-19-2010, 11:01 PM
While they may not have had the BEST player in they league each team had top players. Indiana had Jermaine O'Neal who was playing at an MVP level along with the defensive player of the year in Ron Artest. The Suns had Nash and Amare. Dallas had Dirk, Nash, Finely, Van Exel etc., The Cavs had LeBron. I bet he would do anything to play for Phil.

JermanJaysFan
12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I took Sloan. Can't really think of an excellent reason, it just seemed like the right thing to do :shrug:.

xbrackattackx
12-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Pop,Sloan,Coach K or Jackson, I went Jackson cause I am a homer. But I love Pop and Sloan both are consistently good coaches. Coach K would be a Hit or Miss in my eyes.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Jackson

jrodmesche
12-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Doc Rivers easy

phlp_bj
12-20-2010, 11:29 AM
jerry sloan. he made stockton into one of the best point guards in the nba ever. and now deron williams is a beast of a player himself. he'll groom any pg