PDA

View Full Version : Is Vince Carter the Biggest winner of today?

Hellcrooner
12-18-2010, 11:16 PM
I mean, Agent = in Orlando may or most probably may not work.
Turk back in magic is a plane ready to crash, ( name me TWO sequels that were better than the original film........ )
Lewis is just a money in shorter term fit in wizards.

And this leads us to Vince.
A player that went form overated , yep he was falshy but he was never anything close to Kobe, or Wade ( altough he indeed was better than Iverson)
To terribly underated, with people basically thinking he is useless nowdays.
Well, the dude still has game, in fact he has LEARNED some game when he was with Kidd in the nets, learned to be a team player, and now he is going to join the Pg amongst Pgs that can make you look better and raise your stats.
Nash+ Vince is a monster ( stats wise of course) waiting to happen.
Being an expiring the difference of vanishing in magic to being on fire at nash sides and looking brilliant can mean a TON of Green notes at the end of the season.
So.
Is he the real winner today?

210Don
12-18-2010, 11:17 PM
vince in a sun uniform weird....

Khalifa21
12-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Vince in a Suns uniform is gonna look extremely weird. First time he's been out West as well.

As for whether his game will allow him a big payday this offseason.. We'll just have to see how his game fits in with the rest of the Phoenix team. They're gonna need scoring now, so he'll get shots. I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 20 a game between now and the end of the season to be honest..

Sixerlover
12-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Vince wasn't better than Iverson.

And this will only be a positive for him if Phoenix doesn't now trade Nash.

ink
12-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Turk back in magic is a plane ready to crash, ( name me TWO sequels that were better than the original film........ )

A player that went form overated , yep he was falshy but he was never anything close to Kobe, or Wade ( altough he indeed was better than Iverson)
Well, the dude still has game, in fact he has LEARNED some game when he was with Kidd in the nets, learned to be a team player, and now he is going to join the Pg amongst Pgs that can make you look better and raise your stats.
Being an expiring the difference of vanishing in magic to being on fire at nash sides and looking brilliant can mean a TON of Green notes at the end of the season.
So.

Nash will definitely give him a new lease on life.

210Don
12-18-2010, 11:24 PM
also the training staff in Phoenix could do wonders shaq praised them for bringing back his health and game

John Walls Era
12-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Hes lucky he gets Nash. I'm sure Nash could make me look good on a NBA court.

Then again, Hedo played really bad for the Suns.

LTBaByyy
12-18-2010, 11:33 PM
What number is he and Gortat gonna wear with robin rockin 15 and Nash 13?

2k purposes lol

210Don
12-18-2010, 11:35 PM

2k purposes lol

2k updates theyself when its final

Hellcrooner
12-18-2010, 11:38 PM

2k purposes lol

6 (5+1) its retired for W davis too......or it should be.

So-....... 4? (5-1) or 51 ? (reverse).

LTBaByyy
12-18-2010, 11:38 PM
2k updates theyself when its final

im back home from college for the break, so I dont have xbox live here haha

Back at school I do

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Do they have different types of keyboards in Spain? Cuz your typing skills are horrible.

But I can see Carter being rejuvinated into a near 20 PPG scorer again playing with Nash. It depends if he will run and if he can make those open 3's created by Nash.

Frantico
12-18-2010, 11:49 PM
"The Godfather part II", and "Empire Strikes Back".

*Superman*
12-18-2010, 11:54 PM
I think he will do good. He will now get more shots that he couldn't get because of Dwight, Nelson and Rashard and Nash just makes the game so much easier for those around him.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2010, 11:58 PM

godfather II doesnt hold a candle to the original.

Empire is the reason is asked for TWO ;)

HoopsDrive
12-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Return of the King was better than the Fellowship... although Two Towers was really underwhelming.

xbrackattackx
12-19-2010, 12:06 AM

Empire is the best star wars movie period.

Flash3
12-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Man vince carter back in the day with toronto was great ! he took the league by storm i really hope nash can get him to play really well again.

eibbor
12-19-2010, 12:11 AM
I don't think you are a winner when you are only traded for your expiring contract. VC is broke and was already broken before he got to Orlando.

This spells the end of Nash in Phoenix as they are obviously going to rebuild.

VC won't be back in Phoenix next year either.

Mikey Roxx
12-19-2010, 12:15 AM
That depends on Carter himself. If he can take advantage of what Steve will do for him - open 3s, lobs, crazy passes on cuts - then yes, he will be the winner today.

Ty Fast
12-19-2010, 12:16 AM

2k purposes lol

i bet he wears #9. same as he did in the olympics.

Lake_Show2416
12-19-2010, 12:27 AM
biggest loser RASHARD LEWIS.... dam washington that sucks

td0tsfinest
12-19-2010, 12:42 AM

Judgement Day, Empire Strikes Back, Dark Knight, Godfather Part II :D

tjlipford
12-19-2010, 12:52 AM
First of all Vince Carter was not better than Iverson. Second of all he does not have it anymore. He won't average no more than what he averaged in Orlando and he'll be lucky to average that because they run a lot more out West and he can't move anymore. Anybody who thinks otherwise is not watching the same Vince carter

THE MTL
12-19-2010, 12:57 AM

So.

Are u drunk? Vince Carter could never lead a team like Allen Iverson did! I hate how ppl forget about what he did in the late 90s, early 2000's. Allen Iverson is a legend. He invented the crossover and singlehandedly carried the Sixers for almost a decade. SHOW HIM RESPECT!

Hellcrooner
12-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Is Vince playing in the Suns?

Wheres Ai?

Case Closed.

topdog
12-19-2010, 01:13 AM
I think everyone involved wins.

Arenas needs a fresh start and Hedo needs Orlando to be successful while the Magic Kingdom needs more punch. Plus J-Rich!

Wiz get to ditch Gil and Rashard might just be alright for them - at least he fills a role.

Suns get VC to add to one of the league's 2000 all-star squads. Size in Gortat who gets to escape the bench and defense in Pietrus who needs to move around for people to remember his name.

NBA where *****ing about your situation gets you what you want! lol

EdGein812
12-19-2010, 01:39 AM

This.

EdGein812
12-19-2010, 01:46 AM

Wheres Ai?

Case Closed.

Well for one, Iverson is a couple years older, and two, his entire game was predicated on his speed and quickness. If a little guy loses that with age, his career is going to come up much shorter than a bigger player like Carter, who has a little more of an all-around game than Iverson. Is Carter better than Iverson right now? Of course. Though to look back at a career and ask who's been a better player I think you'd be hard-pressed to find many who agree with you.

homestarunner93
12-19-2010, 01:50 AM

Wheres Ai?

Case Closed.

No, he's playing for the Suns, in Phoenix.

AI's game was also subject to a steeper, quicker decline as his game was based on his quickness and ability to create for himself. As he got older, naturally that was going to go away.

krest213
12-19-2010, 02:01 AM
Vince will do good with Nash
but they gonna miss Richardson

_KB24_
12-19-2010, 02:04 AM
No way in hell is Vince better than Iverson at any point, any SECOND of his career.

koLohe2133
12-19-2010, 02:05 AM
Empire strikes back n terminator 2

Hellcrooner
12-19-2010, 02:11 AM
No, he's playing for the Suns, in Phoenix.

AI's game was also subject to a steeper, quicker decline as his game was based on his quickness and ability to create for himself. As he got older, naturally that was going to go away.

Wich only proves my point.

If you rely on athleticism and you go down the toilet once your body is nto there it means you didnt know too much bout playing the game , you didnt have enough skilss, you didnt have enough fundamentals, hence you were WORSE as a player than player B who has also lost his body but still can do GREAT in the court because he has ALL those abilities.

Being a better player does not mean teh same than being a MORE DOMINANT player.

Text book example.

Shaq vs Tim.

Shaq was more dominant in his hay day, no doubt.

But a better player? no way in hell, TIm is 100 times a better player than Shaq.
Once shaqs strenght, speed, muscle started to decrease so went his game down.
Tim is still there Fighting hard , doing great numbers and having a ton of succes in allstar shape.

Ill always take the talented player over the Physical one. Webber over Kemp. Dirk or Pau over Stou. Kidd or Nash over Payton etc etc etc.

ESaady
12-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Are u drunk? Vince Carter could never lead a team like Allen Iverson did! I hate how ppl forget about what he did in the late 90s, early 2000's. Allen Iverson is a legend. He invented the crossover and singlehandedly carried the Sixers for almost a decade. SHOW HIM RESPECT!

Tim Hardaway would like to show you the UTEP 2 Step after you read this.

MagicBucsSox
12-19-2010, 02:34 AM
godfather II doesnt hold a candle to the original.

Empire is the reason is asked for TWO ;)

rush hour 2
fast furious 2
ironman 2
THE DARK KNIGHT
bourne ultimadum
bad boys 2
Spiderman 2
lord of the rings 2
etc etc

Hellcrooner
12-19-2010, 02:38 AM
fast furious 2 = crap of a series of movies
ironman 2 :puke:
THE DARK KNIGHT maybe but not really that much
bourne ultimadum More :puke:
bad boys 2 never watched any
Spiderman 2 nope defiently nope
lord of the rings 2 the whole saga was horrendous, if you have read the books, but the second one was particualry horrendous and filled of mistakes regarding the book.
etc etc

there

MTone8788
12-19-2010, 02:42 AM

If you rely on athleticism and you go down the toilet once your body is nto there it means you didnt know too much bout playing the game , you didnt have enough skilss, you didnt have enough fundamentals, hence you were WORSE as a player than player B who has also lost his body but still can do GREAT in the court because he has ALL those abilities.

Text book example.

Shaq vs Tim.

But a better player? no way in hell, TIm is 100 times a better player than Shaq.
Tim is still there Fighting hard , doing great numbers and having a ton of succes in allstar shape.

Ill always take the talented player over the Physical one. Webber over Kemp. Dirk or Pau over Stou. Kidd or Nash over Payton etc etc etc.

Just for the sake of argument...

Tim Duncan is averaging 14 points and 9.5 rebounds in 29 mpg.
Shaq is averaging 11.2. and 6.4 rebounds in 22 mpg.

To scale, if Shaq played 29 minutes a game his numbers would be 14.7 points and 8.4 rebounds per game.

Shaq is also 4 years older than TD... Shaq is also putting up great numbers. And I believe Shaq was around TD's age when he won a championship with Miami.

More-Than-Most
12-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Nash will make him and gortat look like all stars Lol... Just watch.

Sadds The Gr8
12-19-2010, 02:56 AM
why would he be a winner? at this point he should be lookin for a championship and he just got traded off a team that was pretty close, and got traded to a team that probably won't make the playoffs.

MTone8788
12-19-2010, 03:03 AM
why would he be a winner? at this point he should be lookin for a championship and he just got traded off a team that was pretty close, and got traded to a team that probably won't make the playoffs.

Spot on.

Raph12
12-19-2010, 03:52 AM
Maybe for his individual numbers, he won't win anything in Phoenix... Pietrus and Gortat will have a bigger impact on the Suns than VC, book it.

ElMarroAfamado
12-19-2010, 05:36 AM
if anything I can see vince rejuvenating his career ala Grant hill
but i dont think he can be as big an impact player as jason richardson was....
lets wait and see

kurivaimu
12-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Gil is the biggest winner. He's in a great place, GM is a close firend. The team is stacked up and capable of winning a championship. Im sure GIL will start, because he's better creating of the dribble than J-Rich or Hedo, and thats what the magic essentialy needed.
I really love Gil's game and i hope things work out for him. He played rather well for the Wiz this season considering he was the second option, sometimes came of the bench and that the team was full of young players who didnt see the proper oppurtunites.

I can't say that Vince is a winner. Sure Steve will up his stats, but in reality the Suns aren't going to win anything and that is the biggest downside. In orlando the team actually had a chance of winning a championship, but with the suns its highly unlikely.

dodie53
12-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Vc ftw

GspLAL
12-19-2010, 07:13 AM

So.

Godfather 2 and Dark Knight :D

JayW_1023
12-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Probably the most overrated player this past decade.

JayW_1023
12-19-2010, 07:23 AM
J-Rich is actually a younger, better shooting version of Vince right now.

Mrphilly
12-19-2010, 07:51 AM
For all his athletic ability and shooting touch, Vince Carter is one of the softest, heartless players the NBA has ever seen. Rashard Lewis is second. For the magic to get rid of both of those players in one day means the Magic win. Vince will fit in great in PHX. A bunch of soft, 3pt shooting, No D playing guys.

Reddd
12-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Die Hard 2?

DWT
12-19-2010, 08:52 AM

Text book example.

Shaq vs Tim.

So in this case are you saying that Iverson was the more physical or athletic player than VC?

Swashcuff
12-19-2010, 09:18 AM

So.

I am sooooooo surprised to see you say this WOW :rolleyes:

wa77ss
12-19-2010, 09:45 AM
IDK if Vince was ever better than AI, both in their prime were great but AI could take over a game and I don't know if Vince could ever truly close a team out.

Magic are better not because of Turk but Richardson and Gil IMO. Turk is equal to Lewis right now unless he steps it up again.

HoopsMachine
12-19-2010, 09:46 AM
I think that Pietrus and Gortat will make more of an impact on the Suns then Carter. Him and J-Rich are similar players.

wa77ss
12-19-2010, 09:51 AM
For all his athletic ability and shooting touch, Vince Carter is one of the softest, heartless players the NBA has ever seen. Rashard Lewis is second. For the magic to get rid of both of those players in one day means the Magic win. Vince will fit in great in PHX. A bunch of soft, 3pt shooting, No D playing guys.

THIS. Im a Magic fan and it was dissapointing to see VC come to his hometown and show like he did. He choked hard at the free throw line in the playoffs, and this year started off strong while last year being horrible basically all year.

I just wanted to see him take it right to the rack every time whether its a charge or a foul, I don't understand why he never consistently tried to get there because he can. It just goes to show he was never a heavy weight competitor.

Lewis was coldblooded his first three years in Orlando, was largely responsible for their success. He put daggers in Cleveland and Boston in the playoffs....dude is sick. Just is kinda loosing his game getting lost in our horrible offense right now. In Washington he will have much more success being a go to guy.

blastmasta26
12-19-2010, 12:25 PM
I think Vince is definitely a winner. Sure the Suns are struggling this year, but Nash can rejuvenate his career this season. And if I'm not mistaken, Vince is an expiring, so in the offseason he could be a nice pickup for a contender.

llemon
12-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Tremors 2 & Psycho 2

gilly
12-19-2010, 01:22 PM
im back home from college for the break, so I dont have xbox live here haha

Back at school I do

Confirmed as Gortat = 4 and Carter = 15 (wish he'd taken 9 like on the US Olympic team)

TO to the CHI
12-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Vince is a loser. Today and every day since he was on the US Olympic team. He has not been a winner, at anything, since he stopped trying and started his woe is me, lay on the ground ten minutes a game holidng my elbow bit.

Also, I think Godfather and Godfather 2 are pretty comparable, but if you look into it, you will see that most people do indeed favor that sequel.

J4KOP99
12-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Do they have different types of keyboards in Spain? Cuz your typing skills are horrible.
But I can see Carter being rejuvinated into a near 20 PPG scorer again playing with Nash. It depends if he will run and if he can make those open 3's created by Nash.

What would a different type of keyboard have to do with it? If the letters are still there, why would different placement of the keys matter?

-As for the thread, Vince should do well in Pheonix, as long as he doesn't get hurt. On that note though, someone already mentioned how good the Pheonix training staff is, so that should help the oft-injured Vince.

Nash will get him good looks and we may see flashes of the old Vince. I still don't think he has enough to do what he used to do, but it should be fun to see him get out and run a little.

C_Mund
12-19-2010, 05:43 PM
No matter where he plays, Vince will always be a loser to me.

Chronz
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Invented the crossover? Single handedly? Im going to use my new trademark line, PLZ DO SUM RESEARCH.

No way in hell is Vince better than Iverson at any point, any SECOND of his career.
Thank you for that, the day I agree with ANYTHING you say is the day I check myself into a psych ward

Maybe for his individual numbers, he won't win anything in Phoenix... Pietrus and Gortat will have a bigger impact on the Suns than VC, book it.
RLY, Pietrus?

Chronz
12-19-2010, 06:47 PM

Text book example.

Shaq vs Tim.
I was with you up until this comparison. You obviously have no idea of Shaqs longevity.

Same thing with Duncan, every player in the league relies on athletic ability.

So was Shaq at the same stage in his career, remember he came in slightly sooner and has played MUCH longer.

Ill always take the talented player over the Physical one. Webber over Kemp. Dirk or Pau over Stou. Kidd or Nash over Payton etc etc etc
In the case of Shaq he was both more talented AND more physical.

llemon
12-19-2010, 06:51 PM
I feel Godfather II is the superior film, but Godfather I is the better Gangster movie.

Hellcrooner
12-19-2010, 07:57 PM
I feel Godfather II is the superior film, but Godfather I is the better Gangster movie.

Godfellas is the better gangster movie :p

VinSUNity
12-19-2010, 08:01 PM
I think playing alongside Nash will be good for him as a player. And he'll fit much better with Phoenix then Orlando. I mean he went from a team that was all defense and horrible offense. to a team thats all offense and horrible defense.
I can see him playing much better though and comfortably.

but in reality Orlando was Vince's hometown. No way is he really a winner in this. I dont think he ever got the chance to be VC in Orlando, and Magic panicked after the losing streak. But VC lives ****ing 10 minutes from Orlando..
leaving your hometown? no not the biggest winner. And add in he was on a team contending for a championship to a team just looking to make the playoff race.

I think we know who the biggest Loser is. Rashard Lewis! I feel bad, getting paid 20 million to just shoot 3s in Orlando contending for a ring? to ****ing washington ha.

LeonFSU
12-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Suns are in the playoffs now.

BkOriginalOne
12-19-2010, 09:09 PM
I stopped reading after Vince was better than Iverson.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
12-19-2010, 11:49 PM

VC didn't have **** over AI

Rego247
12-20-2010, 12:02 AM
No matter where he plays, Vince will always be a loser to me.

this.

its crazy, cuz my favorite player and my least favorite player are now playing on the same team. lol.

JayW_1023
12-20-2010, 11:48 AM
The Suns got robbed for trading J-Rich for an older, watered down version of him who refuses to take it to the rim.

twoearl
12-20-2010, 12:06 PM
At this point VC will be the same player he was in Orlando, which is basically a average starting 2 gaurd. The suns still will just barely make the playoffs if at all. The Suns front office need to do right by Nash and trade him to a contender.

todu82
12-20-2010, 12:22 PM
No he's not, he went from a team that may win the NBA title to a team that will be lucky to make the playoffs.

xbrackattackx
12-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Vince won IMO just for PHX Health and Training Staff...They made Hill able to play forever, and Put O'neal's springs back running and Rolo had a quick recovery also. They are the best in the league.

Chronz
12-20-2010, 02:36 PM
The Suns got robbed for trading J-Rich for an older, watered down version of him who refuses to take it to the rim.

Yea but they got some size and got rid of Hedo, plus JRich is a chucker too

Rivera
12-20-2010, 03:07 PM
umm vince carter was never better than iverson

what planet were u on???

vince woulda put up monster stats a few yrs ago playing alongside a steve nash but not now

if anything vince carter is the biggest loser

hes old and going to a much worse team that may miss the playoffs

compared to a team that had a chance to make it to the finals