PDA

View Full Version : Magic and Suns close to deal

godolphins
12-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Magic & Suns closing in on deal to send Hedo/jRich to Phx for Vince and Gortat. "90 pct" chance of it happening, sources say. Within 24 hrs Chris Brousard

Done deal: Phoenix get: Vince Carter, Gortat, Pietrius, 2011 1st round pick and cash

Magic get: Hedo, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark

mvb815
12-18-2010, 03:02 PM
wow, terrible deal for the suns, jrich is a stud.

nash is going to be upset

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 03:03 PM
so if everything goes according, you have a line up in orlando of

nelson
arenas
j-rich/hedo
bass
howard

what do you guys think?

godolphins
12-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Orlando also close to moving rashard Lewis to Washington for Arenas and a big to replace Gortat

Chris Broussard

DoMeFavors
12-18-2010, 03:05 PM
HEDO BACK ON ORLANDO HAHAHA YES!!
And what are the other gms thinking?
Gilbert for Rashard
and VC for Hedo and JRICH
Magic are the best in the east

KnicksR4Real
not bad

ManRam
I like it.

lakers4sho
Good deal for the Magic, they get an extra shooter.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Chris Broussard

im sure arenas would be starting

BranWingss
Vince would really benefit from this as well. Nash + Vince would honestly be pretty good together since Vince would be the first option.

godolphins
At the end of the day the Magic will be loaded

ManRam
12-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Also,

Orlando also close to moving rashard Lewis to Washington for Arenas and a big to replace Gortat

D Roses Bulls
I like it.

I'm stuck, not sure yet on how I feel about it. think it could be promising though

ManRam
If this happens, I am for the record PUMPED that Hedo is coming back. He was our offensive playmaker and MVP during our Finals run. He knows the system.

So excited!

DoMeFavors
12-18-2010, 03:09 PM
If this happens, I am for the record PUMPED that Hedo is coming back. He was our offensive playmaker and MVP during our Finals run. He knows the system.

So excited!

Im not even a Magic fan and I think its awesome Hedo is back in Orlando

kjoke
as a heat fan, i scared about this magic team, its gettin dirty

only question is "is there enough balls to have arenas jrich and howard?" i think not but we will see

godolphins
im sure arenas would be starting
I edited that when I saw yours but I can see Arenas being the sixth man and Richardson at SG with Hedo at SF.

ElFuturoDeESPN
:laugh2: If this goes down the Suns will have the ultimate oldie-backcourt in Nash & VC. If only this were like eight years ago.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 03:10 PM

So excited!

hopefully he will play the same way that he did last time he was on orlando cause turks been playing bad lately, he even got demoted to coming off the bench. at least he waived his last year of his contract though so he's only owed 23 million.

godolphins
12-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Why in the heck would the Suns do this?

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 03:12 PM

only question is "is there enough balls to have arenas jrich and howard?" i think not but we will see

thats what everyone said bout miami, but thats turning out pretty good.

JPHX
12-18-2010, 03:12 PM

Exactly!!! FML!!! stupid stupid :facepalm::facepalm: I need a new team.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 03:13 PM

to get carters expiring contract

justinnum1
12-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Pretty good for orlando, but not great. Still think they are behind miami and boston.

kjoke
12-18-2010, 03:15 PM

the thing is lebron has been a passer and scorer same with wade, osh as the reciever. All i know is that jrich, turk, areas chuck it up like crazy

BkOriginalOne
Magic really sticking to their game plan.
Nash has to go if this happens. Let him move on, already.

D Roses Bulls
Pretty good for orlando, but not great. Still think they are behind miami and boston.

if hedo, rich, and gilbert play like they are capable of playing, this could be the best team in the NBA.

justinnum1

and het rid of hedo

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 03:16 PM
the thing is lebron has been a passer and scorer same with wade, osh as the reciever. All i know is that jrich, turk, areas chuck it up like crazy

that is true, but sometimes it takes a move like this to knock some sense into players. but we shall see, cause im torn on this as well liking the magic like i do, this could be real good or just real bad.

kjoke
12-18-2010, 03:17 PM
its almost like a desperation move for the majic to stay in the thick of things

John Walls Era

So excited!

You said last year that you guys didn't need Hedo. But yes I agree that Hedo will definitely make the Magic better. As a Raps fan, I hate him though so I hope he fails. Don't know if he will be able to cover Bron though.

Getting J Rich is a huge plus.

:sigh: VC is becoming a journeyman.

_Supreme_
Both these deals sound really bad for Orlando's trading partners, so I am tempted to think at least one of them will not happen.

Avenged
I usually don't like these types of trades to go down.. But if it will make life harder for the Heat & Celtics, then I'm all for it! let this happen. ;)

GIANTS4LIFE28
Am I the only one who thinks the Magic would be better off leaving there team as it is... Arenas is washed up yet to mention his terrible contract. And then they would be trading vince carter and marcin gortat for a washed up hedo turkoglu. Bad trades in my opinion

D Roses Bulls
and het rid of hedo

well hedo isnt as bad as it once was. when he was traded to the suns, he waived his last year of his contract, so he is only owed 23 million I guess now.

justinnum1
12-18-2010, 03:18 PM
I think this is exchanging mediocre players for more mediocre players.

munchmontano
At the end of the day the Magic will be loaded

agreed

kjoke
that is true, but sometimes it takes a move like this to knock some sense into players. but we shall see, cause im torn on this as well liking the magic like i do, this could be real good or just real bad.

+1, huge risk, high reward type of deals

Sly Guy
12-18-2010, 03:19 PM

says the guy with wade and lebron and bosh on his team.

kjoke
12-18-2010, 03:19 PM
I think this is exchanging mediocre players for more mediocre players.

depends, vc and lewis have shitted it up this year, jrich as been pretty good

_Supreme_
12-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I usually don't like these types of trades to go down.. But if it will make life harder for the Heat & Celtics, then I'm all for it! let this happen. ;)

If it makes life harder for the HEAT and Celtics it could very well make life harder for LA too, in case they maybe might meet in the Finals, so actually you shouldn't like it for the exact reason you think you like it.

:smoking:

goose15
12-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Orlando would be improved after these trades

J Rich > Carter

Arenas needs a change

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 03:21 PM
you know they probably talked to d howard about this before anything was done. Im sure he had to okay it as well.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 03:22 PM
poor suns fans

Avenged
12-18-2010, 03:22 PM
If it makes life harder for the HEAT and Celtics it could very well make life harder for LA too, in case they maybe might meet in the Finals, so actually you shouldn't like it for the exact reason you think you like it.

:smoking:

Yeah, but I'd much rather Orlando have some success than the Heat or Celtics, lol. Even with this trade [if it goes down], I'd much rather the Lakers face Orl rather than those other 2 teams. I think we have a much better chance against them. :)

FloridaBoi_D
12-18-2010, 03:23 PM
PG: Arenas Nelson Duhon JWill
SG:JRich Redick
SF:Hedo QRich MP
PF:Bass Ryan Anderson
C:Howard

kjoke
12-18-2010, 03:23 PM
says the guy with wade and lebron and bosh on his team.

again this is alot different than the heat, or bulls or celtics. All 3 have a good 3 set of players but all have a sense of where they belong. Bulls have a good pg in rose who passes and scores rondo for the celtics can pass and lebron can pass and scorer, the magic don have that type of prolific passer, they have a lot of shooters.

lavell12
12-18-2010, 03:25 PM
As a Magic fan I love the deal with the Suns but hate the deal with the Wizards.

godolphins
With a healthy Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem (:pray:) I don't see this new magic team beating the Heat.

ManRam
You said last year that you guys didn't need Hedo. But yes I agree that Hedo will definitely make the Magic better. As a Raps fan, I hate him though so I hope he fails. Don't know if he will be able to cover Bron though.

Getting J Rich is a huge plus.

:sigh: VC is becoming a journeyman.

I for the record never threw hedo under the bus. I love him, and thought he was our offensive mvp. Ask magic fans about how I've hated vince since day one.

I love this trade. We get earl too...and a pick!?! Awesome

JPHX
12-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Full deal: Phx sends Hedo/J Rich/Earl Clark to Orlando for Vince/Gortat/Pietrus, 2011 first round pick and cash considerations, sources say
http://twitter.com/chris_broussard

actually other way around.

still....:cry::cry::cry: why do they keep effing up my team? :mad::cry::mad:

justinnum1
12-18-2010, 03:27 PM
woj
Orlando will send PHX Carter, Gortat, Pietrus, a 1st round pick and $3 million for Richardson, Hedo and Earl Clark, source tells Y! Sports.

ink
12-18-2010, 03:29 PM
wow, terrible deal for the suns, jrich is a stud.

nash is going to be upset

Seconded. That is a horrible deal for the Suns. If they make that you know for sure that their new GM is officially the worst GM in the NBA. He already got talked into taking Hedo and his contract. Now he loses JRich and gets back a washed-up Carter in return. Awfulness.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
Full deal: Phx sends Hedo/J Rich/Earl Clark to Orlando for Vince/Gortat/Pietrus, 2011 first round pick and cash considerations, sources say

kjoke
am i the only one who likes it for the suns?

gortat can be a slid duoble double center, pietrus can be a poor mans jrich, they get a pick and a good player wiht a expiring contract in carter

D Roses Bulls
woj

Not pietrus :(

kjoke
12-18-2010, 03:30 PM
im guessing the bulls wanted pietrus?

_Supreme_
Btw Stan and Magic management supposedly (and reportedly) aren't sure they want Arenas + I can't think of a reason why the hell Washington would want to trade for Rashard Lewis, who'se contract, although one year shorter, is even WORSE than Arenas' contract.

Lewis has stunk all season so far. He has been playing like someone you'd have to think twice about paying him the MLE amount. Definitely not nearly close to the player you'd want to pay $20+ million a year for. And they would be sending Arenas AND a big to replace Gortat? I'm not buying this trade until I actually see it happening.

Also, with John Wall being injured as often as he has been, without Arenas who else do they have left at point guard? Kirk and who? Alonze Gee? Doolittle McBoogers? They don't have anyone while they are loaded at the 3 spot.

In short, this trade is as unlogical for Washington as they come. It just plain sucks balls for them.

DoMeFavors
As a Magic fan I love the deal with the Suns but hate the deal with the Wizards.

You like Rashard Lewis?

ManRam
12-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Gortat has regressed this year. He has not looked good. Most everyone in the magic forum really wanted him out.

Nighthawk
Arenas/Nelson
J-Rich/Reddick
Hedo/Richardson
Bass/Anderson
Howard/C from Was..

Nice solid starting 5 and bench.

ink
I for the record never threw hedo under the bus. I love him, and thought he was our offensive mvp. Ask magic fans about how I've hated vince since day one.

I love this trade. We get earl too...and a pick!?! Awesome

Of course you love the trade. It's a great trade for the Magic. You get rid of Carter and you get back a strategic player in Hedo that your offence has needed. Plus, IMO JRich will fit immeasurably better than Carter. That's what I don't get. WTH would the Suns trade him? Do they want to move Hedo's contract that badly?

kjoke
12-18-2010, 03:32 PM
bass now gets a chance to play, should be intresting

ROY 2 MVP Braun
Its done espn jus said it!!!

RadiantShot
Oh. Leh'. Do. It. <3
ayeeeeeeee.

sunnydayin'zona

? jrich is an expiring. 3 million difference.
phoenix does this to get gortat and get rid of hedo.

i dont see why the magic need jrich if they get gilbert, in addition to jameer. there's not enough ball for the magic's back court

this is probably wishful thinking at this point, but i hope its just hedo for gortat and duhon (only if they want to shed contracts)

lavell12
12-18-2010, 03:33 PM
You like Rashard Lewis?

no but I hate Arenas.

ManRam
Btw Stan and Magic management supposedly (and reportedly) aren't sure they want Arenas + I can't think of a reason why the hell Washington would want to trade for Rashard Lewis, who'se contract, although one year shorter, is even WORSE than Arenas' contract.

Lewis has stunk all season so far. He has been playing like someone you'd have to think twice about paying him the MLE amount. Definitely not nearly close to the player you'd want to pay $20+ million a year for. And they would be sending Arenas AND a big to replace Gortat? I'm not buying this trade until I actually see it happening.

Also, with John Wall being injured as often as he has been, without Arenas who else do they have left at point guard? Kirk and who? Alonze Gee? Doolittle McBoogers? They don't have anyone while they are loaded at the 3 spot.

In short, this trade is as unlogical for Washington as they come. It just plain sucks balls for them.

I think you are under estimating the difference between two years left @ 20M+ and 3 years left for almost as much. That could be huge down the road.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
suns didnt even get gortat

sunnydayin'zona
12-18-2010, 03:34 PM
jk

Nighthawk
Of course you love the trade. It's a great trade for the Magic. You get rid of Carter and you get back a strategic player in Hedo that your offence has needed. Plus, IMO JRich will fit immeasurably better than Carter. That's what I don't get. WTH would the Suns trade him? Do they want to move Hedo's contract that badly?

Cuz the SUNS are currently on the brink of making the playoffs. Realistically they have no shot at winning a title this year. They get V.C's nice expiring. Hedo just was awful for them and im sure Nash will be traded next. Pheonix should be unloading and looking to rebuild.

Joshtd1
I really dont think its that lopsided like some people think. Gortat is a solid player, VC is a huge expiring which helps the Suns rebuild (and can create for himself better then J-Rich could), and Pietrus who is a solid defender and can spot up just fine the way J-Rich did. And a pick and cash?

Turk wasn't doing anything in Phoenix, and wasnt a good place for him since they had Nash who controls the ball which is something Turk is best at. J-Rich should be good in Orlando because he will get tons of wide open looks Im sure, I think hell have a similar role to the one he had in Phoenix. Clark is a throw in, not too impressed with him. Doubt he sees much time in Orlando.

Edit: I do think it makes the Magic better, but my point was in terms of value/players I really dont think its lopsided.

D Roses Bulls
im guessing the bulls wanted pietrus?

well i like the magic too right behind the bulls, i just liked pietrus on the magic

tredigs
Suns are doing it to get rid of Hedo's contract and take on VC's expiring. They're already a sub .500 team this season, and are just throwing in the towel and setting up for the off-season.

It's a good choice by both teams. And the Magic are looking to be back in the contender hunt.

Avenged
12-18-2010, 03:35 PM
am i the only one who likes it for the suns?

gortat can be a slid duoble double center, pietrus can be a poor mans jrich, they get a pick and a good player wiht a expiring contract in carter

It's not so bad for them.. but considering they're below .500, this is an awful trade since they don't have the players around them for the players they would be getting. If they had Nash/Amare ... the players they're getting would be great role players for them.

kjoke
12-18-2010, 03:35 PM
is nash next?

sunnydayin'zona
12-18-2010, 03:36 PM
suns didnt even get gortat

yeah they did.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32262460/ns/sports-player_news/

The Magic and Suns are reportedly on the verge of a trade that would sent Vince Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, and a 2011 first-round pick to Phoenix in exchange for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, and Earl Barron.

The deal is "90 percent" likely to be completed and announced within 24 hours. Phoenix gets some long-term savings and the mobile center they crave, while Orlando restocks their wing positions and improves their perimeter game.

kjoke
12-18-2010, 03:37 PM
anyone can say the suns rotation?

dnewguy
The Magic will be worse off, Pietrus, Carter and Gortat for Richardson and Turkoglu? LOL

Nighthawk
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Orlando will send PHX Carter, Gortat, Pietrus, a 1st round pick and $3 million for Richardson, Hedo and Earl Clark, source tells Y! Sports.

Interesting...is that the full deal?

tredigs
is nash next?

He should be. They need to start starting Dragic and get another solid young piece + a first rounder for Nash. He does not belong on a rebuilding team, and it's not as if he's a Phoenix lifer.

DoMeFavors
Suns have a bunch of washed up former stars
Nash, Hill, Carter

Cubsfan365
Does Gortat become the starting center over Robin Lopez?

CrasH-X
12-18-2010, 03:38 PM
I actually like this .. Suns get an expiring contract and former SUPERSTAR in VC, and maybe the docs will help him get his spring back . Also, a solid BIG is something they needed for awhile now, and as little I know about Gortat I feel he can be a solid C . Also, a 1st rounder ? Sure it will be late 20's but I'll take it really, maybe we can find a diamond in the rough for next season .. start scouting for a nice 3 !!

On the Magic side, well .. wow . They have been my team in the East for some time now, and as much as I hate Hedo and jacked that PHX got rid of him, his familiarity along with swagger of JRich and possibly Gilbert .. just wow .

ROY 2 MVP Braun
yeah they did.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32262460/ns/sports-player_news/

espn jus said they got peiturs instead of gortat! idk

ink
Cuz the SUNS are currently on the brink of making the playoffs. Realistically they have no shot at winning a title this year. They get V.C's nice expiring. Hedo just was awful for them and im sure Nash will be traded next. Pheonix should be unloading and looking to rebuild.

So it's a surrender trade for the Suns.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 03:39 PM
suns got pietrus and gortat

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861

king4day
Nash, Hill, Carter

I've never used the facepalm expression before, but here goes

:facepalm:

Hill and Nash washed up? Maybe use the term 'older stars'. Cuz neither of those two are close to washed up.

ink
Nash, Hill, Carter

Nash and Hill have not been playing like washed up players, but I agree with VC being done.

DoMeFavors
12-18-2010, 03:42 PM

Hill and Nash washed up? Maybe use the term 'older stars'. Cuz neither of those two are close to washed up.

They are not even close to what they once were, Suns have got worse and will lose a lot of games. Suns GM made an awful deal.

ink

Yeah, considering the horrendous mix Nash had to work with this year, he was showing he still had a lot of magic left in him.

tredigs
Because of Dwight's foul troubles, they NEED a SOLID big to back him up. If they lose Gortat and can't replace him with a good player, then they're going to suffer. Not sure who they would get from Washington? Doubt they could pull off Blatche or McGee.

But it's looking like he may not be involved now? If so, great move.

Lancelot
12-18-2010, 03:43 PM

many reasons:

1. hedo has been an absolute bum in phx, just like he was in toronot
2. hedo has a terrible contract for 4 more years
3. vince and j rich are both expiring deals
4. gortat is the rebounder they need badly, not another shooter

they downgrade from jrich to vince for sure, but they were getting nothing out of hedo and his deal was terrible. so they ultimately get cap relief and a rebounder, plus some more depth with pietrus.

Its not a bad deal for phx

sunnydayin'zona
anyone can say the suns rotation?

Nash/Dragic
VC/Childress
Hill/Dudley/Pietrus
Gortat/Warrick
Lopez/Frye

I dont know, i kind of like it since we arent going anywhere this year anyway. we get 3 million in cash, VC is a bigger expiring than jrich, and jrich is just what VC used to be.

the positives of this are that the suns get post D, a better P&Roll player, open up finances for the future, an extra pick, and we dont have a logjam anywhere(especially not at the wing spot).

it hurts to lose jrich, but we werent going to keep him past this year anyway.

this opens up the suns to be major players this offseason, also. i dont hate it.
plus, VC can be good, and will probably be better with nash.

i mean its vince carter we're talking about, not his cousin. VC's always been a star

ManRam
I'm sure otis has a plan for the back up.

ink
12-18-2010, 03:44 PM
They are not even close to what they once were, Suns have got worse and will lose a lot of games. Suns GM made an awful deal.

Those are two different points. The second point I agree with completely. The first one is debatable. Sure, they're not what they used to be but they are skilled enough and smart enough to have found another game for themselves, especially Hill. Nash is still playing at an elite level, which is remarkable for his age.

Warriors0
12-18-2010, 03:44 PM
For the magic i think nelson's going next unless jrich or arenas can take going to the bench

AI4MVP
12-18-2010, 03:45 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! WE GOT GORTAT!!!!! yeah ill miss jrich, but vince carter, pietrus, and a 1st make up for it

tredigs
12-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Anyone think Gortat starts over Robin Lopez?

Lancelot
12-18-2010, 03:46 PM
I really dont think its that lopsided like some people think. Gortat is a solid player, VC is a huge expiring which helps the Suns rebuild (and can create for himself better then J-Rich could), and Pietrus who is a solid defender and can spot up just fine the way J-Rich did. And a pick and cash?

Turk wasn't doing anything in Phoenix, and wasnt a good place for him since they had Nash who controls the ball which is something Turk is best at. J-Rich should be good in Orlando because he will get tons of wide open looks Im sure, I think hell have a similar role to the one he had in Phoenix. Clark is a throw in, not too impressed with him. Doubt he sees much time in Orlando.

Edit: I do think it makes the Magic better, but my point was in terms of value/players I really dont think its lopsided.

exactly, I'm a suns fan and i'm fine with this going forward. I think they will actually be better. They'll still score, now they rebound better, and have cap relief and a pick coming.

AI4MVP
wow. i cant believe we actually got rid of hedo's contract.

RulerSlick
I actually think these trades Orlando are making are going to make them worse off. What made hedo great when he was on there before was the combination of 2, 6 foot 10 SF/PF's who could handle and shoot the 3 in Rashard Lewis and Hedo. W/o Rashard, Hedo isn't as dangerous which is why he sucked on every team he's been on outside of Sac Kings and Orlando.

Kashmir13579

So excited!

he never should've left.

king4day
12-18-2010, 03:47 PM
OK, so people saying this trade is dumb for the Suns.

Richardson was expiring. If we are rebuilding, there's no reason to resign him when, without Nash, he's struggled....BAD.
I'm guessing the primary reason he was throw into this deal was to off Hedo's contract.
To be able to do this without giving up picks is incredible. His contract is big, but i'd have to think Gortats long deal was also part of the 'penalty' to give back Hedo. At least it's less and a need for the team.

Carter comes back as the replacement SG for this year (maybe to trade again at the deadline). His expiring is a bit bigger than Richardsons, so it's a win right there.

Gortat does fit out PF needs. He's not a stud but he's a player I wanted when he was a FA.

Pietris, my guess, is going to replace Hill as our starting SF after this year. Our bench will be affected by this but next year we can move Childress or Dudley to starting SG.

Suns get a first for Clark. That's a wash. Since we weren't going to resign Clark after not picking up his option, at least we have something to show for him.

So people that think it sucks for the Suns, my guess is you think we're still trying to compete. This team is really bad and unable to be cohesive. It's a retooling phase.
We get a bigger expiring and get rid of Hedo for players that fit the team much much better.

Avenged
The Magic should have just tried to unload Nelson as well to try at Nash.. ;)

sunnydayin'zona

where have you been?
hill and nash have been drinking out of the fountain of youth. their value to the suns is huge. they are both playing great, have fantastic contracts, and are leaders.

RulerSlick
also, J Rich and Arenas are chuckers who play no defense

eXpLiiCt
12-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Magic traded Gortat/Carter/Pietrus/1st Round Pick

They get J Rich/Hedo/E Clarck

Another trade bout to be complete Arenas for R. Lewis

Magic Lineup

C - Dwight Howard
PF - Bass
SF- J Rich
SG - Arenas / J Rich
PG - Nelson / Arenas

^ that's one sick lineup

210Don
12-18-2010, 03:48 PM
i knew the magic would do some sort of deal but i thought it be for wallace & jackson
good deal though

king4day
12-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Nash/Dragic
VC/Childress
Hill/Dudley/Pietrus
Gortat/Warrick
Lopez/Frye

I dont know, i kind of like it since we arent going anywhere this year anyway. we get 3 million in cash, VC is a bigger expiring than jrich, and jrich is just what VC used to be.

the positives of this are that the suns get post D, a better P&Roll player, open up finances for the future, an extra pick, and we dont have a logjam anywhere(especially not at the wing spot).

it hurts to lose jrich, but we werent going to keep him past this year anyway.

this opens up the suns to be major players this offseason, also. i dont hate it.
plus, VC can be good, and will probably be better with nash.

i mean its vince carter we're talking about, not his cousin. VC's always been a star

Frye will probably start still. You need him to stretch the flloor with Lopez out there.

Nash/Dragic
Carter/Childress/Dudley
Hill/Pietris
Frye/Warrick
Lopez/Gortat

Chacarron
Lakers-Magic rematch would be interesting.

DoMeFavors
OK, so people saying this trade is dumb for the Suns.

Richardson was expiring. If we are rebuilding, there's no reason to resign him when, without Nash, he's struggled....BAD.
I'm guessing the primary reason he was throw into this deal was to off Hedo's contract.
To be able to do this without giving up picks is incredible. His contract is big, but i'd have to think that was also part of the 'penalty' to give back Hedo. At least it's less and a need for the team.

Carter comes back as the replacement SG for this year (maybe to trade again at the deadline). His expiring is a bit bigger than Richardsons, so it's a win right there.

Gortat does fit out PF needs. He's not a stud but he's a player I wanted when he was a FA.

Pietris, my guess, is going to replace Hill as our starting SF after this year. Our bench will be affected by this but next year we can move Childress or Dudley to starting SG.

Suns get a first for Clark. That's a wash. Since we weren't going to resign Clark after not picking up his option, at least we have something to show for him.

So people that think it sucks for the Suns, my guess is you think we're still trying to compete. This team is really bad and unable to be cohesive. It's a retooling phase.
We get a bigger expiring and get rid of Hedo for players that fit the team much much better.

Might have traded away Hedo which is good but in terms of talent, VC is old and cant run like JRICH. Pietrus fits in with Suns because he can hit the 3 but Gortat doesnt fit what Suns want. He avg 3 points a game and has a huge contract.

Draco
12-18-2010, 03:50 PM
is nash next?

Nash to the Knicks?

sunnydayin'zona
12-18-2010, 03:50 PM
well the suns post defense just got immensely better in a week.

go from
hedo and frye guarding the post
to
gortat and lopez

justinnum1
12-18-2010, 03:51 PM
I think this is a better deal for the suns.

RadiantShot
12-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Wait, so when someone gets the correct link saying it's a done deal, leh'meh'know. Thanks.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 03:52 PM
wait, so when someone gets the correct link saying it's a done deal, leh'meh'know. Thanks.

radiant shot!!!!! :)

tc2deuce
isn't j-rich and arenas the same type of player?

KB24PG16
wow thats a good team on paper
nelson/arenas
richardson/arenas/reddick
hedo
bass
howard

sunnydayin'zona
Might have traded away Hedo which is good but in terms of talent, VC is old and cant run like JRICH. Pietrus fits in with Suns because he can hit the 3 but Gortat doesnt fit what Suns want. He avg 3 points a game and has a huge contract.

gortat is exactly what the suns want. an athletic tall rebounding defensive big who can run the pick and roll, and run the floor.
the suns probably agreed to this trade to get gortat
suns fans have wanted gortat for 3 years now.

suns pursued gortat when he was a FA

210Don
didnt gortat just sign this offseason lol and i hope the spurs could get him and give teh suns someone now

AI4MVP
12-18-2010, 03:53 PM
well the suns post defense just got immensely better in a week.

go from
hedo and frye guarding the post
to
gortat and lopez

HELLL Y EAH!!!!! oh god thats gunna be awesome!

MU and UW Fan
Since the magic traded Gortat and now probably Rashard Lewis, the only problem I have with the magic is what is their big man rotation gonna be after Howard at center and Bass at power forward. Would Ryan Anderson and Hedo rotate in at PF? And what big man would the magic get in return with Gilbert Arenas. They need a back up center then I would say they are complete at every position, starters and players off the bench.

RadiantShot
radiant shot!!!!! :)

:D Ya'lready know I had to come and here in brag. Yes, yes.

DoMeFavors
Nash to the Knicks?

Would be good for a year or 2 but would probably have to give up Felton and something else for him. Since Nashs contract is pretty big.

eXpLiiCt
12-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I think J rich will come off the bench and hedo will start.

KB24PG16
east is becoming stronger while west is losing stars. wonder if melo is next

king4day

I don't think most Suns fans aren't concerned with competing.
If I was, then yea, I'd be upset because we just traded our best player.

We understand where we are at though. Gortat reminds me a bit of what Kurt Thomas brought to us. But who know, you might be right and that part of the deal bites us in the ***. We shall see :)

thedfactor
This is a close to blowing up a team as you can for Orlando, but I think it will be great for them. Just need to find some cheap interior depth after losing Gortat

sunnydayin'zona
isn't j-rich and arenas the same type of player?

it seems that way to me. except VC is older and plays like an old man now.

oh, and jrich isnt good without nash, so...you may see a lot of what you saw with VC.

there is still potential for VC to be very good on the suns with their medical staff and nash
its where old players come to drink the fountain of youth
...hill,nash,shaq

kjoke
orlando has to score 120 points now to win the game, no defense at all, teams like miami and la and bsoton are gonna have a field day imo/

210Don
east is becoming stronger while west is losing stars. wonder if melo is next

the suns weren't really a factor

lavell12
I just hope Arenas doesn't come in and kill the team's chemistry. My big fear is that Arenas will come in and shoot 40 times per game. The Magic might have the deepest team in the league after this deal but a lot of those players abilities could be taken away if Arenas comes in and starts chucking.

210Don
12-18-2010, 03:55 PM
orlando has to score 120 points now to win the game, no defense at all, teams like miami and la and bsoton are gonna have a field day imo/

i tell you one thing at least dwight is there and if he has huge games its enough id do it

tredigs
12-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Nash to the Knicks?

With Felton recently signed and absolutely beasting? They're thin at the 5, not 1.

My fantasy baskteball mind is curious how Gortat will fit into Phoenix's rotation. I have a feeling he'll see about 25 a game in a time-share with Lopez/Frye.

RadiantShot
News from Superman12.

"Bro we kept gortatN Lol. Vince, mp :( and 1st, cash for hedo, jrich

Shard for Arenas.

Arenas/Nelson
Rich/JJ
Hedo/Q-Rich
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat"

Me : "No way! Wait. Is it finalized?"

Superman : "Both Broussard and Stein said so. Its on ESPN that we kept gortat. Idk on real gm someone said jared dudley is bidding farewell! We might get him too. And we got earl clark."

/:|

D Roses Bulls
:D Ya'lready know I had to come and here in brag. Yes, yes.

next time don't leave without saying HI! damnit :)

210Don
I just hope Arenas doesn't come in and kill the team's chemistry. My big fear is that Arenas will come in and shoot 40 times per game. The Magic might have the deepest team in the league after this deal but a lot of those players abilities could be taken away if Arenas comes in and starts chucking.

when arenas chucks hes so fun to watch lol aint like dwight gunna take his points you know he will thats what orlando wants instant offense they used to go trhough droughts in the games arenas could stop that

hugepatsfan
12-18-2010, 03:57 PM
What happens when Dwight gets into foul trouble now?

tredigs
12-18-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't think most Suns fans aren't concerned with competing.
If I was, then yea, I'd be upset because we just traded our best player.

We understand where we are at though. Gortat reminds me a bit of what Kurt Thomas brought to us. But who know, you might be right and that part of the deal bites us in the ***. We shall see :)

Do most fans consider J-Rich to be their best player, and not Nash??

zambo4president
12-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Nelson
Arenas
Hedo
Bass
Howard

J-Rich
Duhon
Q
Clark
Reddick
Anderson
Replacement big from WSH?

That's pretty nasty. And then you got J-Rich as your 6th man. Magic get consideribly better with those 2 moves.

kjoke
12-18-2010, 03:59 PM
if gortat isnt traded, im gonna feel like a dumbass picking him in my fantasy league

ManRam
12-18-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm really curious to see how Arenas/Nelson and Jason share minutes. Frankly, I'd rather start Jason.

Nelson/Gil/Duhon/Williams
Jason/Gil/JJ
Hedo/Q/Earl
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Allen/Orten

Maybe JJ gets moved for a big. He's expendable now...but I love JJ too much...

Chacarron
12-18-2010, 04:01 PM
What if they start Hedo at PF?

Nelson
Arenas
J-Rich
Hedo
Howard

5ass
12-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Chris Broussard

im hoping that big is andre blatche, this way our roster would be
nelson/duhon/williams
j-rich/reddick/arenas
hedo/Q-rich
bass/blatche/anderson/allen
howard/orton

i like that.. but does any1 know if blatche can play C? i knw he does sometimes, but is he any good?

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
@JayHulsey: #Orlando #Magic have traded for Gilbert Arenas, Jason Richardson, and Hedo Turkoglu. #NBA

dont think arenas has been traded yet

Chacarron
12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
im hoping that big is andre blatche, this way our roster would be
nelson/duhon/williams
j-rich/reddick/arenas
hedo/Q-rich
bass/blatche/anderson/allen
howard/orton

i like that.. but does any1 know if blatche can play C? i knw he does sometimes, but is he any good?

You are not getting Blatche.

ManRam
12-18-2010, 04:04 PM
What if they start Hedo at PF?

Nelson
Arenas
J-Rich
Hedo
Howard

Not happening.

JordansBulls
Chris Brousard

Done deal: Phoenix get: Vince Carter, Gortat, Pietrius, 2011 1st round pick and cash

Magic get: Hedo, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark

Horrible deal for the Magic. They are giving up Vince in this.

Draco
With Felton recently signed and absolutely beasting? They're thin at the 5, not 1.

The Knicks offense is Suns-lite. Felton can't run pick n rolls the way Nash can and having Amare iso or simply dumping the ball to him isn't going to be very effective in the playoffs against teams that play tougher defense. I'd keep Felton on the bench were he belongs but they probably do need to trade him to make the $ work. Considering the age of those players maybe they are better off with Felton.

kjoke
12-18-2010, 04:05 PM
why would orlando want blatche?

D Roses Bulls

vince has sucked JB

ko8e24
My guess is that the Lewis to Wiz for Arenas + big trade is gonna go down in the next hr or so.

PG-Jameer Nelson
SG-Gilbert Arenas
SF-Hedo Turkoglu
PF-Brandon Bass
C-Dwight Howard

Bench

Jason Richardson
JJ Redick
Earl Clark
Malik Allen
Ryan Anderson
Chris Duhon
Quentin Richardson
Jason Williams
Daniel Orton

king4day
News from Superman12.

"Bro we kept gortatN Lol. Vince, mp :( and 1st, cash for hedo, jrich

Shard for Arenas.

Arenas/Nelson
Rich/JJ
Hedo/Q-Rich
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat"

Me : "No way! Wait. Is it finalized?"

Superman : "Both Broussard and Stein said so. Its on ESPN that we kept gortat. Idk on real gm someone said jared dudley is bidding farewell! We might get him too. And we got earl clark."
/:|

JaredDudley619 Jared Dudley
Man I'm goin to miss my boy @jrich23 .. Great teammate, good luck in Orlando boy do work

&
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861

Broussard as of 15 min ago still says Gortat is in the deal.

Avenged
12-18-2010, 04:06 PM

But getting Richardson..

ManRam

Vince: who has done squat this year and squat last year.

I don't think you'll find many Magic fans upset about this.

Vince is washed up. He isn't a go-to scorer. Richardson is better...and Hedo getting back into our offense excites me so much.

RadiantShot
Nevermind, hah.

king4day
12-18-2010, 04:08 PM
My guess is that the Lewis to Wiz for Arenas + big trade is gonna go down in the next hr or so.

PG-Jameer Nelson
SG-Gilbert Arenas
SF-Hedo Turkoglu
PF-Brandon Bass
C-Dwight Howard

Bench

Jason Richardson
JJ Redick
Earl Clark
Malik Allen
Ryan Anderson
Chris Duhon
Quentin Richardson
Jason Williams
Daniel Orton

I'll be stunned if Richardson doesn't start. He's the best of Hedo/Arenas and him.

bomber0104
Vince: who has done squat this year and squat last year.

I don't think you'll find many Magic fans upset about this.

Vince is washed up. He isn't a go-to scorer. Richardson is better...and Hedo getting back into our offense excites me so much.

haha... that won't last long

Phxtoday
Do most fans consider J-Rich to be their best player, and not Nash??

no but Jrich has killed it for us the last year and a half. A lot of people think Nash is gonna want out now that we have traded away his buddy and backcourt partner twice (Bell / JRich) As much as we love Nash out here in Ariziona, I gotta wonder what we're thinking. Apparently we're throwing in the towel this year and just letting Nash walk away disappointed from his last years in the valley of the sun. the city of Phoenix needs to take Robert Sarver's Head.. IMO or just get him out of this organization anyway possible.

RadiantShot
I'm readying up for a good heaping helping of Jason Richardson. <3

210Don
12-18-2010, 04:09 PM
no but Jrich has killed it for us the last year and a half. A lot of people think Nash is gonna want out now that we have traded away his buddy and backcourt partner twice (Bell / JRich) As much as we love Nash out here in Ariziona, I gotta wonder what we're thinking. Apparently we're throwing in the towel this year and just letting Nash walk away disappointed from his last years in the valley of the sun. the city of Phoenix needs to take Robert Sarver's Head.. IMO or just get him out of this organization anyway possible.

at least you guys beat the spurs what more you want?

210Don
12-18-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm readying up for a good heaping helping of Jason Richardson. <3

man id be so excited to watch that team now they were boring to watch before:clap:

ManRam
12-18-2010, 04:10 PM
haha... that won't last long

We'll see. I have no doubt in my mind that he will fit right back in. He was a miserable fit in Toronto, and PHX was much better with Nash out there. I really think he'll revert back to Finals-run-season form.

5ass
12-18-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm really curious to see how Arenas/Nelson and Jason share minutes. Frankly, I'd rather start Jason.

Nelson/Gil/Duhon/Williams
Jason/Gil/JJ
Hedo/Q/Earl
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Allen/Orten

Maybe JJ gets moved for a big. He's expendable now...but I love JJ too much...

maybe to chicago for noah? lol jk, what big do u think they can get for JJ? i really think we need a back up center.. orton and allen are horrible and bass plays C sometimes but he is too small for that position.
U know who id really like? chuck hayes.. i knw he's undersized but hes great defensively.. very underrated
im actually happy about this trade, hopefully Hedo works his *** off in orlando (which knowing SVG, im sure he will) so he can get back into his normal self

king4day
at least you guys beat the spurs what more you want?

It looks like that will be the epitemy of the Steve Nash era. Falling so often to the Spurs and then finally beating them in the playoffs.
Last year was our best season with Nash (and most fun to watch) but that's where it ends.

Lakersfan2483
Excellent moves by the Magic as a whole. J. Rich is a very good pickup. Also, Hedo fits their system and if they can get Arenas, that is also a plus. I know Magic fans are happy if all of this goes through.

210Don
We'll see. I have no doubt in my mind that he will fit right back in. He was a miserable fit in Toronto, and PHX was much better with Nash out there. I really think he'll revert back to Finals-run-season form.

you do remember that year he was playing for a contract?

Draco
12-18-2010, 04:12 PM
maybe to chicago for noah? lol jk, what big do u think they can get for JJ? i really think we need a back up center.. orton and allen are horrible and bass plays C sometimes but he is too small for that position.
U know who id really like? chuck hayes.. i knw he's undersized but hes great defensively.. very underrated
im actually happy about this trade, hopefully Hedo works his *** off in orlando (which knowing SVG, im sure he will) so he can get back into his normal self

No to Noah, yes to Asik. :p

_Supreme_
I actually think these trades Orlando are making are going to make them worse off.

Actually I think I tend to agree with you, because this significantly alters the shots taken by Orlando's rotation.

Right now we have this (FGA average per game):

Dwight 13,1
Jameer 12
Rashard 10,8
Vince 12,1
Pietrus 6,1
Bass 6,5 (when playing small minutes)
Redick 6,5
Gortat 3,2

Total: 60,3

^ seems pretty balanced to me, although Dwight should perhaps take more than his current average.

After potential deals (FGA average per game):

Dwight 13,1
Jameer 12
Jrich 15,6
Arenas 15,7 (but 17,7 career as a full time starter)
Hedo 7,7
Bass 11+ (when playing big minutes)
Redick 6,5
Crappy Washington backup big 3,2

Total: 84+

That is 24 extra shots a game they'd have to figure out, and we are not talking about the league's easiest character players here, but about chuckers who will become unhappy when they don't get to chuck.

So something has got to give. I think Jameer and Redick are done basically. There isn't any room for 3 trigger-happy guards + Jameer, and I expect Redick to become an afterthought because of this, and Jameer's minutes to be decreased significantly (or else one of the top chuckers will be an unhappy camper on the bench.

Dwight and Bass will have to play big minutes, and Hedo's role could stay about the same. Let's say Jameer's and Redick's shot attempts get cut in half, that leaves about 14 extra shots per game they'd have to work out.

It's a shame really, because even though Orlando is Miami's rival I always kind of liked them because of Dwight and Stan (and a bit VC too), and I think in the end this will not improve them. To be honest this smells like panic moves to me.

We'll see though, of course I could be wrong.

And the Arenas deal still make 0 sense to me for the Wiz, so that one might not even happen.

/end bored-at-work rant :drunk:

IrespectNumber3
This trade sucks for both teams

210Don
12-18-2010, 04:13 PM
It looks like that will be the epitemy of the Steve Nash era. Falling so often to the Spurs and then finally beating them in the playoffs.
Last year was our best season with Nash (and most fun to watch) but that's where it ends.

it hurt us a lot too....

kjoke
12-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Actually I think I tend to agree with you, because this significantly alters the shots taken by Orlando's rotation.

Dwight 13,1
Jameer 12
Rashard 10,8
Vince 12,1
Pietrus 6,1
Redick 6,5
Gortat 3,2

^ seems pretty balanced to me, although Dwight should perhaps take more than his current average.

Dwight 13,1
Jameer 12
Jrich 15,6
Hedo 7,7
Redick 6,5

That is 24 extra shots a game they'd have to figure out, and we are not talking about the league's easiest character players here, but about chuckers who will become unhappy when they don't get to chuck.

So something has got to give. I think Jameer and Redick are done basically. There isn't any room for 3 trigger-happy guards + Jameer, and I expect Redick to become an afterthought because of this, and Jameer's minutes to be decreased significantly (or else one of the top chuckers will be an unhappy camper on the bench.

Dwight and Bass will have to play big minutes, and Hedo's role could stay about the same. Let's say Jameer's and Redick's shot attempts get cut in half, that leaves about 14 extra shots per game they'd have to work out.

It's a shame really, because even though Orlando is Miami's rival I always kind of liked them because of Dwight and Stan (and a bit VC too), and I think in the end this will not improve them. To be honest this smells like panic moves to me.

And the Arenas deal still make 0 sense to me for the Wiz, so that one might not even happen.

this.

ManRam
you do remember that year he was playing for a contract?

I also remember that was even better the year before. It was NOT a one-year fluke at all. He had a few really solid years. He was there for 5 years after all.

And it's not like we need him to be the first or second option...he just needs to create some plays and hit some shots. We lack play makers...he certainly was one in this system before.

RadiantShot

Dwight 13,1
Jameer 12
Rashard 10,8
Vince 12,1
Pietrus 6,1
Redick 6,5
Gortat 3,2

Dwight 13,1
Jameer 12
Jrich 15,6
Hedo 7,7
Redick 6,5

You would try to figure all of that math out.
Let's look at Miami's guys before that happens. <3

JPHX
12-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Can someone else buy the suns now?

210Don
12-18-2010, 04:15 PM
I also remember that was even better the year before. It was NOT a one-year fluke at all. He had a few really solid years. He was there for 5 years after all.

And it's not like we need him to be the first or second option...he just needs to create some plays and hit some shots. We lack play makers...he certainly was one in this system before.

true at least he knows and fits the system.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 04:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cL1HisrNc&feature=related Literally

Hoopsadvocate
12-18-2010, 04:26 PM

Let's see in miamis case we had 3 players who played sharing the ball already on the Olympic team and 2 of which are known for their great playmaking and passing. Meanwhile these 3 have never played together and only 1 (arenas) is somewhat notable passer as a pg though if he even plays because as we've seen in wsh as a sg he's not the same. So it's not even compareable but kudos to admitting ur wrong about the HEATs 3 ability to play together.

SN: I like it for the magic depending on who they get to replace Gortat. But it puts good shooters around Dwight finally but of course defense is the much bigger problem and Dwight needs help there more than on offense to win a title.

nolin
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM

PG-Jameer Nelson
SG-Gilbert Arenas
SF-Hedo Turkoglu
PF-Brandon Bass
C-Dwight Howard

Bench

Jason Richardson
JJ Redick
Earl Clark
Malik Allen
Ryan Anderson
Chris Duhon
Quentin Richardson
Jason Williams
Daniel Orton

lmao this the magic startin lineup will look more like this

nelson
arenas
jrich
turk
howard

godolphins
12-18-2010, 04:40 PM
I wonder what Nash would do if he didn't sign that extension

Phxtoday
12-18-2010, 04:41 PM

this.
PLEASE! :facepalm:

GodsSon
12-18-2010, 04:44 PM
The deal with the Suns is robbery on the Magic's part, but I don't see the need to get Arenas as well.

Byronicle
12-18-2010, 04:46 PM
As a raptors fan I hate this trade because I know Hedo is going to play great in Orlando's system, where in Phoenix, his misery brought me joy and happiness ;). But god damn Orlando is stacked, JRich is exactly what VC was suppose to be in Orlando, slash 3pts...damn Orlando is gonna be scaru and I was hoping they stick with their previous lineup to see Dwight test out free agency, but after this I can't imagine him leaving now.

Phoenix got a good deal too, a big which is what they need, and Marcin was pretty damn good at laying down the Polish hammer before his drama over the contract last year, and VC I a valuable expiring which is always great to have.

All in all, I think its a good trade for both sides but more for Orlando. They might just have enough to challenge Boston for 1st in the east

macc
12-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Hmmmmm......

Nelson Duhon J Will
Gilbert J Rich Reddick
Hedo Q Rich
Bass R Anderson Clark
Howard Allen/Orton

or

Gilbert Nelson
J Rich Reddick
Hedo Q Rich
Bass Anderson
Howard Orton/Allen

Not sure what lineup I like better.

YoungOne
12-18-2010, 04:49 PM
finally some moves :)

AI4MVP
12-18-2010, 04:50 PM
i dont see why there always has to be a clear cut winner in trades. i think this trade helped both teams perfectly.

I see this trade as Orlando admitting they should have kept Hedo instead of Vince, so they swap Hedo for Vince. Hedo wasnt working in PHX anyways, so im fine with that.

Then, we swap Jrich for Gortat, Pietrus, 1st rounder, cash. Plain and simple, Suns needed a good big man. no earl barron crap or whoever we wanna sign from the d league. we needed a legit, starting material big man, and we got that in Gortat. He can rebound, block shots, hes tough, and he plays the pick n roll very well.

This is a great trade, and i reallly wish Jason Richardson the very best in Orlando and I hope he does great things there. Hedo and Clark on the other hand, watever

Byronicle
12-18-2010, 04:51 PM
I hope they trade Nash now to a contending team but most top teas already have great PGs.......come back to Canada Stevo! He'll make Raptors playoff bound for sure! Calderon + whoever for Nash!

xxplayerxx23
[QUOTE=macc;15982654]Hmmmmm......

Nelson Duhon J Will
Gilbert J Rich Reddick
Hedo Q Rich
Bass R Anderson Clark
Howard Allen/Orton

or

Gilbert Nelson
J Rich Reddick
Hedo Q Rich
Bass Anderson
Howard Orton/Allen

QUOTE]Not sure what lineup I like better.[/

I think the starting 5 is going to be Nelson, Gilber, jrich, bass,howard with 6th man hedo pitrus is still there right? for another soild bench guy
Not sure what lineup I like better.[/

king4day
The deal with the Suns is robbery on the Magic's part, but I don't see the need to get Arenas as well.

I never thought I'd hear someone say that trading for Hedo is robbery on the receiving teams part.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2010, 04:54 PM
C-Howard, ?
PF-Bass, Anderson
SF-Turkoglu, Richardson
SG-J-Rich, Reddick
PG-Nelson, Arenas

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-18-2010, 04:57 PM
John Wall/Hinrich
Nick Young
Rashard Lewis
Andray Blatche
Javale Mcgee

The team is a lot better now imo. They have more length on D and Rashard and Blatche could work off each other well. Plus, Wall can now fully take hold of this team.

macc
12-18-2010, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=macc;15982654]Hmmmmm......

Nelson Duhon J Will
Gilbert J Rich Reddick
Hedo Q Rich
Bass R Anderson Clark
Howard Allen/Orton

or

Gilbert Nelson
J Rich Reddick
Hedo Q Rich
Bass Anderson
Howard Orton/Allen

QUOTE]Not sure what lineup I like better.[/

I think the starting 5 is going to be Nelson, Gilber, jrich, bass,howard with 6th man hedo pitrus is still there right? for another soild bench guy
Not sure what lineup I like better.[/

MP went to Phoenix and he will be missed....

Though I like the idea of Nelson coming off the bench because he's a shoot first pg and would be great with our second unit.

We'll see what happens. I'm sure SVG will tinker till he finds out what works best.

jkcronyn
12-18-2010, 04:58 PM
fox just reported this just was agreed to

shep33
12-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Wow Orlando is making some steals here... also if they get Arenas... look out.

Nelson
Arenas/Jrich
Turk
Bass
Howard

That team is so much better than with Carter or lewis... but I still don't think they can pull off the deal for Arenas.

macc
12-18-2010, 05:00 PM
John Wall/Hinrich
Nick Young
Rashard Lewis
Andray Blatche
Javale Mcgee

The team is a lot better now imo. They have more length on D and Rashard and Blatche could work off each other well. Plus, Wall can now fully take hold of this team.

I agree, we traded bad contract for bad contract, but each player will fit better in the other players system. Not sure how well the Gilbert/Wall backcourt was working for you guys but at least with one of them gone the other can max out their potential.

Lewis being a 2nd option on your team will hopefully motivate him to be the player he was in Seattle.

I think the deals worked in everyones favor on all teams.

shep33
12-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah Woj said that both deals are going through.

njnets
12-18-2010, 05:05 PM
i do not understand the arenas part of this.

the suns deal gives them this depth chart:

nelson/duhon
jrich/reddick
hedo/qrich
lewis/bass/anderson
howard/bass

why trade a PF for a G when your starting and backup guards are pretty good? also, when your frontline depth is thin, since gortat was just traded. unless they have another move to bring a backup center in, i do not undertstand the arenas move.

as for the suns move, i think this improves them dramatically. hedo was great with orlando. jrich can replace pietrus, although i think orlando will miss some of that defense. also, there big man depth is thin right now should the arenas deal go through.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2010, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;15982678]

MP went to Phoenix and he will be missed....

Though I like the idea of Nelson coming off the bench because he's a shoot first pg and would be great with our second unit.

We'll see what happens. I'm sure SVG will tinker till he finds out what works best.

Oh true, Mp in the deal hurts the bench. But you still have reddick . Unless he is in the deal lol i hope not , i think orlando can compete with boston and miami now.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-18-2010, 05:06 PM
No sure the Magics are gonna improve that much tbh. I thought the Magics were gonna get it together eventually and play like they did last year.

This trade is gonna slow them down for a few weeks so they can get it together because they have a lot of players leaving and coming in. Its almost an entire new team. By the playoffs they will be fine, but i just dont see them improving that much, but with a chance in regressing.

Now down low they are weak in depth. When Dwight Howard gets in foul trouble they will have serious problems. Also, they have too many guards and players that need the ball in their hands. Nelson, Arenas, and Turkuglo cannot start together because there will barely be any movement and too many jump shots. J Rich is a nice improvement and should start.

This should be the lineup imo:

Nelson/Arenas/Duhon
J Rich/JJ Reddick
Turkoglu/Q Rich
Bass/Anderson/Allen
Howard/Orton

They should trade JJ for a big because that looks really really bad.

Flojo
12-18-2010, 05:07 PM
i do not understand the arenas part of this.

the suns deal gives them this depth chart:

nelson/duhon
jrich/reddick
hedo/qrich
lewis/bass/anderson
howard/bass

why trade a PF for a G when your starting and backup guards are pretty good? also, when your frontline depth is thin, since gortat was just traded. unless they have another move to bring a backup center in, i do not undertstand the arenas move.

as for the suns move, i think this improves them dramatically. hedo was great with orlando. jrich can replace pietrus, although i think orlando will miss some of that defense. also, there big man depth is thin right now should the arenas deal go through.

A part of their listed "moves" is searching for a big man to replace Gortat.

macc
12-18-2010, 05:07 PM
How is J Rich's defense? Anybody know? Bad/good/average???

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-18-2010, 05:08 PM
I agree, we traded bad contract for bad contract, but each player will fit better in the other players system. Not sure how well the Gilbert/Wall backcourt was working for you guys but at least with one of them gone the other can max out their potential.

Lewis being a 2nd option on your team will hopefully motivate him to be the player he was in Seattle.

I think the deals worked in everyones favor on all teams.

Yup they will improve a lot and be a more balanced team.

Btw im not a Wizards fan lol

macc
12-18-2010, 05:09 PM
No sure the Magics are gonna improve that much tbh. I thought the Magics were gonna get it together eventually and play like they did last year.

This trade is gonna slow them down for a few weeks so they can get it together because they have a lot of players leaving and coming in. Its almost an entire new team. By the playoffs they will be fine, but i just see them improving that much, but with a chance in regressing.

Now down low they are weak in depth. When Dwight Howard gets in foul trouble they will have serious problems. Also, they have too many guards and players that need the ball in their hands. Nelson, Arenas, and Turkuglo cannot start together because there will barely be any movement and too many jump shots. J Rich is a nice improvement and should start.

Nelson/Arenas/Duhon
J Rich/JJ Reddick
Turkoglu/Q Rich
Bass/Anderson/Allen
Howard/Orton

100% agree. I don't think Nelson and Arenas on the floor at the same time will work. I think one of them should be the 6th man off the bench. I would rather see Arenas starting then Nelson. We'll see what happens.

Jenceman
12-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Richardson's defense can go from anywhere to poor to above average/good. I'd say on average that he is average.

That said, I love the Suns deal for the Magic. Not too sure about the Arenas deal just yet , but we'll see what happens.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-18-2010, 05:10 PM

Its pretty terrible, especially in transition.

shep33
12-18-2010, 05:11 PM

This trade is gonna slow them down for a few weeks so they can get it together because they have a lot of players leaving and coming in. Its almost an entire new team. By the playoffs they will be fine, but i just see them improving that much, but with a chance in regressing.

Nelson/Arenas/Duhon
J Rich/JJ Reddick
Turkoglu/Q Rich
Bass/Anderson/Allen
Howard/Orton

I actually love the trade for Orlando...as long as Arenas stays healthy. They have guys basically at each position that can score 20 ppg... thats scary.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Nelson
Lee
Turkoglu
Lewis
Howard
+ good depth all around

is way better than this current Magic team.

king4day
12-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Woj from yahoo said the Arenas deal is done.
Has anyone seen if this deal is confirmed done yet too?

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Woj from yahoo said the Arenas deal is done.
Has anyone seen if this deal is confirmed done yet too?

link?

king4day
12-18-2010, 05:17 PM

I'd say average. He did well for us, but every now and then you get that type of play he did on Xmas a couple years ago when he left Mason and allowed him to hit a winning 3. But you guys will be happy with him. I really see nothing wrong with his game.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 05:19 PM
gilbert arenas is official http://www.csnwashington.com/12/18/10/Report-Gilbert-Arenas-traded-to-Orlando/landing.html?blockID=375928&feedID=287

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-18-2010, 05:23 PM
its almost like a desperation move for the majic to stay in the thick of things

If this doesn't work they are screwed cause all of the bad contracts they have:puke:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-18-2010, 05:26 PM
But the question is, why suns did it???

Might as well trade Nash and rebuild cause VC is useless

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 05:28 PM
But the question is, why suns did it???

Might as well trade Nash and rebuild cause VC is useless

nash to the heat? kidding

Yanks All Day
12-18-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure why the Magic would trade for players who can't really do anything without the ball in their hands. I can understand trading Carter- he was horrible, but I feel bad because Redick was having a good stretch of games coming off of a good year and contract extension.

Slimsim
12-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Dam How did Otis pull this off.

TylerSL
12-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Hedo needs to learn a post game so the Magic can start him at PF because IMO that would help the Magic the best. Hedo is big enough to go up against other PF's such as KG, Bosh, Gasol, Amare, ect. and he could be a PF that can shoot the 3. Other PF's would have to play him on the perimeter because if they didnt he would have open 3's all day. That would get other PF's out of the lane and that would give Nelson and Arenas(when he doest jack up shots) more room to attack and the Magic could get more rebounds that way. Also J-Rich is an upgrade of VC IMO as well. This trade makes the Magic in tier 1 in the East with Boston and Miami. Tier 1 in the East is now Boston, Miami, and Orlando.

PG.Nelson
SG.Arenas
SF.J-Rich
PF.Hedo
C.Howard

thats a big upgrade IMO

TylerSL
12-18-2010, 05:37 PM
nash to the heat? kidding

Arroyo for Nash????????????? seems fair to me

LOL J/K

but no, that would be sweet, but it would never happen....

king4day
12-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Hedo needs to learn a post game so the Magic can start him at PF because IMO that would help the Magic the best. Hedo is big enough to go up against other PF's such as KG, Bosh, Gasol, Amare, ect. and he could be a PF that can shoot the 3. Other PF's would have to play him on the perimeter because if they didnt he would have open 3's all day. That would get other PF's out of the lane and that would give Nelson and Arenas(when he doest jack up shots) more room to attack and the Magic could get more rebounds that way. Also J-Rich is an upgrade of VC IMO as well. This trade makes the Magic in tier 1 in the East with Boston and Miami. Tier 1 in the East is now Boston, Miami, and Orlando.

PG.Nelson
SG.Arenas
SF.J-Rich
PF.Hedo
C.Howard

thats a big upgrade IMO

Suns tried the Hedo at PF thing. It was a complete and utter disaster. he won't be your PF. Not a bad thing though. Van Gundy is a very good coach. He'll figure it out.

Corey
12-18-2010, 05:38 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15983133#post15983133