PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez is the most overated player in the NBA

DoMeFavors
12-18-2010, 12:08 AM
I am a Nets fan and for anyone that thinks this guy is good is crazy.
With Lopez as the Nets number 1 option the Nets are 19-90.
Lopez is very soft and rebounds with one hand. Tonight he was out rebounded by Bargnani, he was also dunked over by him aswell. He plays terrible defense and is the worst rebounding Center in the league.
He is also very soft when it was a close game earlier in the year Lopez got fouled very hard and then Lopez went over and patted him on the back the player was suprised. He will never be an allstar with his lack of winning and lack of rebounding.

210Don
12-18-2010, 12:08 AM
i really dont rate him lol i dont think many do either

Sixerlover
12-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Personally I've always believed the most overrated player is Anthony Randolph, but Brook is up there. He's no franchise center. As shown by the record.

footballer2369
12-18-2010, 12:13 AM
He needs to hit the weight room for sure... A crazy summer could make him into a franchise center... He needs to toughen up...

It doesn't help playing on such a crap team. He shouldn't be a #1 option.

dtmagnet
12-18-2010, 12:20 AM
He's got all the skills, just needs experience and hard work and he'll be very good.

NYtilIdie
12-18-2010, 12:22 AM
I remember when people claimed he was better the D-12 last year :laugh2:

*Superman*
12-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Didn't someone say that Lopez > Howard. Haha.

*Superman*
12-18-2010, 12:23 AM
I remember when people claimed he was better the D-12 last year :laugh2:

We are kewl. :hi5:

Korman12
12-18-2010, 12:25 AM
I'll admit, I thought he was a lot better than he's been this season - he's certainly regressed a huge amount. Sophomore slump, maybe, but he has the skill set to be more effective in the league.

JiffyMix88
12-18-2010, 12:26 AM
frustration is a mutha ****a, it will get better soon

Chi StateOfMind
12-18-2010, 12:28 AM
decent center needs to get stronger too last 82 games

MilwaukeeBAller
12-18-2010, 12:35 AM
I'll admit, I thought he was a lot better than he's been this season - he's certainly regressed a huge amount. Sophomore slump, maybe, but he has the skill set to be more effective in the league.

Wasnt he a sophomore last year????

eXpLiiCt
12-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Im sorry but all this guy wants is people to say he's good, just to make him feel better.

clutchski
12-18-2010, 12:38 AM
He fact he may not make the all star team doesn't mean he's overrated. i think he has respecr around the league for what he hasdone at such a young age.

cambovenzi
12-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Well as i was saying in another thread, the term "overrated" is very subjective.
If you expect him to be patrick ewing, then yea hes overrated.
I think hes a pretty decent big.

Baller1
Fact. He's terrible.

DoMeFavors
Im sorry but all this guy wants is people to say he's good, just to make him feel better.

No not at all, I want him traded actually. Both him and Harris for Jackson, Wallace, Roy anybody.

StriveGreatness
12-18-2010, 12:42 AM
He's gaaaaaabage....

/end sarcasm

Really, though, he is not a franchise player by any means but a solid player nonetheless.

eXpLiiCt
12-18-2010, 12:44 AM
No not at all, I want him traded actually. Both him and Harris for Jackson, Wallace, Roy anybody.

Ok pinky swear?

Chill_Will_24
12-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Idk why you posted this in the main forum. As at as Lopez he's lacking the type of things you can't reach. Doesn't fight for rebounds. Has no toughness. He had mono in over the summer an lost lots of weight. He's actually skinnier than when he came into the league I think. He has skills. He just doesnt have that passion or competitiveness. I think he hasn't been developed correctly. First by an inept Kiki V, then had mononucleosis and basically had no offseason, now Avery who is by no means a good offensive mind... Give him time. All he needs is a capable scorer to take pressure of him and Harris. Neither are meant to be main scorers on a team but that's what their being forced to do. Melo might not wanna come to the Nets but I daresay outside of the Magic, no team fits his play best.

Korman12
12-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Wasnt he a sophomore last year????

My bad, he actually improved a lot last year. Junior slump?

DoMeFavors
12-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Idk why you posted this in the main forum. As at as Lopez he's lacking the type of things you can't reach. Doesn't fight for rebounds. Has no toughness. He had mono in over the summer an lost lots of weight. He's actually skinnier than when he came into the league I think. He has skills. He just doesnt have that passion or competitiveness. I think he hasn't been developed correctly. First by an inept Kiki V, then had mononucleosis and basically had no offseason, now Avery who is by no means a good offensive mind... Give him time. All he needs is a capable scorer to take pressure of him and Harris. Neither are meant to be main scorers on a team but that's what their being forced to do. Melo might not wanna come to the Nets but I daresay outside of the Magic, no team fits his play best.

Last year he wasnt much different, ever since he came to the Nets they have been terrible. Last year we thought he was good because he was around terrible players and a PF Yi who cant rebound either.

footballer2369
12-18-2010, 12:51 AM
The biggest thing IMO is he needs to get under the squat rack and add 20-25 lbs to his base and tighten the core. His body for a legit big is abysmal. He's built like a light PF, but has the slow feet of a center...

If he does that this offseason, really dedicates himself to remaking his body he'll be an elite bigman...

Chill_Will_24
12-18-2010, 12:53 AM

Stop being so dramatic man. He's just a kid. He wasn't meant to lead a franshise. When he was drafted ppl never said he was supposed to be what the Nets are forcing him to be especially at such a young age. Look how well he did on his rookie year with an veteran leader in VC. Not just him but also Harris. Out of this whole squad only their backup pg Farmar has leadership qualities and that's from being a Laker. Getting a superstar on that team will elevate that whole teams play by leaps. No I dont mean only Melo but ANY guy that can get these guys together and take over for them late in games cuz as evidenced by their games, this team is scrappy, plays hard, anemia mostly competitive in games. Their games are mostly lost in the final quarter.

Chill_Will_24
12-18-2010, 01:00 AM
The biggest thing IMO is he needs to get under the squat rack and add 20-25 lbs to his base and tighten the core. His body for a legit big is abysmal. He's built like a light PF, but has the slow feet of a center...

If he does that this offseason, really dedicates himself to remaking his body he'll be an elite bigman...

:clap: ppl keep forgetting this already skinny kid had mononucleosis! That's a very bad virus for any athlete to catch. He needs to stop smooching them girls and hit the weights an hope he doesn't get a breakout cuz mono never leaves your system once you catch it. He's very skilled. He needs power and explosiveness. This guy can be great but he needs to get his body right

njnets
12-18-2010, 01:01 AM
yea, he had mono this summer and lost a lot of weight. with that being said, however, i think he is underachieving this year. Even with a mono-filled offseason, he is not playing well at all.

i think he will rebound and get back into much better for next year. im not ready to completely say that this season will be bad for him, but it looks like it. a good offseason of core training, muscle adding, conditioning, and actually playing basketball instead of being sick will absolutely help.

someone else said it too, i think it is subjective to say overrated. when you say someone is overrated, it depends on who you compare that person too. i expected him to drastically improve this year too, but it didnt happen. hopefully he will get his act together and will improve over the course of the regular season.

Hustla23
12-18-2010, 01:02 AM
I thought Avery would be a good coach to get that young Nets team playing hard. I'm surprised that Lopez has actually regressed.

Who knows? It could be a down year.

He's got tremendous tools offensively and part of defense and rebounding is simply desire. Maybe a new coach or newfound understanding of the game will help him out.

beasted86
12-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Sorry, that title goes to Andrew Bynum.

Chill_Will_24
12-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Sorry, that title goes to Andrew Bynum.

Now way! That kid is good. He just has to stay healthy. Can't call anyone overrated cuz of injuries. Is Yao overrated or Oden. Talented guys that just need to find a way to not get hurt

arkanian215
12-18-2010, 01:17 AM
I think part of the reason why he plays so soft on defense is because he knows that his team relies on him offensively. We saw the same last year. We saw his matador d. As soon as he got that first foul, he would avoid contact. His defense wasn't good to begin with, but when you start giving ground and back peddling and avoiding contact with the guy with the ball all the time, you're not gonna be a defensive post presence.

JPHX
12-18-2010, 02:11 AM
can we have him then?

Robbw241
12-18-2010, 02:27 AM
The biggest fairweather fans ever :pity:

vash9
12-18-2010, 02:29 AM
The biggest fairweather fans ever :pity:

Indeed.

THE MTL
12-18-2010, 02:34 AM
I dont think he's overrated. Ppl dont talk about him that much and he is rarely mentioned as Top 5 in his draft class, eventhough he clearly is Top 3. His team isnt good and that is going to reflect on the individual as well.

I wanna see Brook Lopez play with a legit team around him and I guarantee u that he BEASTS!

John Walls Era
12-18-2010, 02:44 AM
I thought he would be the 2nd best center in the East (or close this year). Looks like I was wrong.

29$JerZ
12-18-2010, 03:18 AM
Could be a slump or the illness he had in the summer.

I remember the only knock draft day about him prior to the bad workouts were his ceiling wasn't very high. He basically is as good offensively as he'll ever be and he is not the type of player his bro is.

Still early, you can't call someone overrated/bust/bad/etc 3 years into his career.

Ragun
12-18-2010, 04:22 AM
never been a fan of lopez. good shot blocker but every time ive seen him play the raps, he's been horrible. bargs raped him and humphries tonight.

AI4MVP
12-18-2010, 04:37 AM
ok then..ill trade u my lopez for ur lopez

Trouble87
12-18-2010, 05:38 AM
you're just focusing on his negatives

Brook is a decent center who has lots of room to improve. He's never going to be THE MAN but I see him complementing a variety of star players.

appreciate your roster more

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 06:10 AM
Lopez is very soft and rebounds with one hand. Tonight he was out rebounded by Bargnani, he was also dunked over by him aswell. He plays terrible defense and is the worst rebounding Center in the league.
He is also very soft when it was a close game earlier in the year Lopez got fouled very hard and then Lopez went over and patted him on the back the player was suprised. He will never be an allstar with his lack of winning and lack of rebounding.

hate to toot my own horn, but haven't I been saying this since I joined this site? now people are just starting to figure this out? damn, I'm good ;)

Blazers#1Fan
12-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Didn't someone say that Lopez > Howard. Haha.

was this a Crackhead/Nets fan?

because if you take anybody over Dhoward your smokin Crack idk if i'd take lebron over D12

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 06:54 AM
was this a Crackhead/Nets fan?

because if you take anybody over Dhoward your smokin Crack idk if i'd take lebron over D12

actually it was a bunch of people on this site. everybody went as far as comparing lopez to howard. there was even a thread bout it last year, lol

YoungOne
12-18-2010, 07:26 AM
he just shows no effort at all.

dodie53
12-18-2010, 07:32 AM
i'll take Brooke over Robin

Gators123
12-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Would NJ consider trading him to Denver for Melo now?

D-Amazins
12-18-2010, 08:12 AM

THIS :clap:

ESaady
12-18-2010, 08:41 AM
He's been the biggest ***** in fantasy basketball. 7 feet tall and can barely rebound.

Weezy
12-18-2010, 09:11 AM
actually it was a bunch of people on this site. everybody went as far as comparing lopez to howard. there was even a thread bout it last year, lol

Wow how did I miss this can you bump this thread? :laugh2:

millerandco
12-18-2010, 10:06 AM
great skills but needs to hit the wight room and toughen up

JWO35
12-18-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm sure the other 29 NBA teams would gladly take Lopez off their hands...

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 10:20 AM

yeah, I will when I get off of work. I think it was around last summer or fall if im not mistaken. I'm going to have a lot of thread quotes from that thread to put into my sig, lol

Gators123
12-18-2010, 10:55 AM

yeah, I will when I get off of work. I think it was around last summer or fall if im not mistaken. I'm going to have a lot of thread quotes from that thread to put into my sig, lol

This one?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425203&highlight=lopez

Khalifa21
12-18-2010, 10:59 AM
We'll trade you Randolph and Azubuike for him then... :D

ramz.n
12-18-2010, 11:07 AM

maybe instead of bashing lopez you could have gave bargnani some props..you make it seem like bargnani is a bad player and loepz is horrible because he couldn't defend him..maybe you should take a look around the league and see how bargnani has finally stepped his game up without bosh in the mix.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 11:13 AM
This one?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425203&highlight=lopez

I dont think that was the one I was talking about. it seemed like it was an actual comparison to dwight howard I wanna say or maybe even a poll asking what he ranked among centers, but this was one of many threads hyping lopez up at the time.

Gators123
12-18-2010, 11:20 AM
I dont think that was the one I was talking about. it seemed like it was an actual comparison to dwight howard I wanna say or maybe even a poll asking what he ranked among centers, but this was one of many threads hyping lopez up at the time.

Maybe its this one...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408463&highlight=lopez+howard

If not then I fail at ****ing life.

knicksfan42
12-18-2010, 11:23 AM
mononucleosis! That's a very bad virus for any athlete to catch.

What a load of horse ****. Just, because its a big word doesn't mean anything. Mononucleosis is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus a common form of herpes.

It is estimated that more than 90% of adult humans demonstrate serologic evidence of a prior infection with EBV

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/784513-overview

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Maybe its this one...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408463&highlight=lopez+howard

If not then I fail at ****ing life.

you found it, good job buddy :)

Nets fan 93
12-18-2010, 11:55 AM
1. His D does not suck. He only gave up 6 points to Amir last night and kept him out most of the game since Lopez is so great a drawing fouls.
2. Bargnani has long arms and Lopez really wasnt in position yet. A lot of people get dunked on, even the best of them.
3. His rebounding is pretty bad but his numbers are down due to Humps being wayyy up.
4. You sound like a non nets fan putting up that record. How the **** do you expect wins with a starting lineup that consists of Ross, Hassell, Simmons, Yi, Farmar, Morrow, humphries, Keyon Dooling, Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee, Travis outlaw, Najera.oh an my bad I forgot Josh Boone!!!!!!!! WTF!!!! You are a pretty pathetic fan for blaming this on Lopez. He produces offensively. Devin produces when he wants to, and the rest of the team is just a surprise. Ugh, this post just pissed me off. watch some games and think for once. thanks.

I rarely post anymore, but this one deserved one.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Personally I've always believed the most overrated player is Anthony Randolph, but Brook is up there. He's no franchise center. As shown by the record.

how is anthony randolph overrated. The guy is in the doghouse because d ntonio is an *** when it comes to that. he can help with the rebounding and help defensivly. He has potentinal and is 21. He has shown in gs he ccan score if he ever plays with the knicks he can help. Lopez is dissapointing.

KnicksorBust
12-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Stop being so dramatic man. He's just a kid. He wasn't meant to lead a franshise. When he was drafted ppl never said he was supposed to be what the Nets are forcing him to be especially at such a young age. Look how well he did on his rookie year with an veteran leader in VC. Not just him but also Harris. Out of this whole squad only their backup pg Farmar has leadership qualities and that's from being a Laker. Getting a superstar on that team will elevate that whole teams play by leaps. No I dont mean only Melo but ANY guy that can get these guys together and take over for them late in games cuz as evidenced by their games, this team is scrappy, plays hard, anemia mostly competitive in games. Their games are mostly lost in the final quarter.

This x10. He's on a short list of players who I've never bought into (which has been especially difficult because the Knicks passed on him for Gallo but that's not for this thread). NBA Scouts kept saying that he was one of the 2-3 most NBA Ready players in the draft but he didn't have superstar potential. He came into the league played well and people lost their ****. That's because in the modern NBA if you see a 7'0 who can score 18-19 ppg and almost block 2 shots per game... he feels like Ewing-Robinson-Zo.

That being said I think he's got skills and can be VERY useful if he's your team's 4th option. Unfortunately he's playing as a 1/2 option and that's why the Nets can't break through. He was overrated last year but I think that's officially passed.

JIDsanity
12-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Your such a great fan

Sixerlover
12-18-2010, 01:50 PM
how is anthony randolph overrated. The guy is in the doghouse because d ntonio is an *** when it comes to that. he can help with the rebounding and help defensivly. He has potentinal and is 21. He has shown in gs he ccan score if he ever plays with the knicks he can help. Lopez is dissapointing.

This is his 3rd year in the league and people are still making excuses for him. Ever think great NBA minds such as D'Antoni and Don Nelson were right not giving him minutes, and the common fan of those teams who sees this "potential" is wrong? He has "shown" this and that, but has never produced, yet people still put him in trades as the centerpiece based on his "potential" he's the poster boy for overrated.

deaner
12-18-2010, 01:51 PM

Actually, Bargnani dunked over B Lopez and Favors at the same time... I watched the game last night, and what was most shocking for me is that Brooke has apparently not spent any time on his body. He looks like he spent the summer in a hammock. Maybe his present situation has caused him to loose some of his passion for the game?

Nets fan 93
12-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Actually, Bargnani dunked over B Lopez and Favors at the same time... I watched the game last night, and what was most shocking for me is that Brooke has apparently not spent any time on his body. He looks like he spent the summer in a hammock. Maybe his present situation has caused him to loose some of his passion for the game?
That or the FACT that he had mono and lost a lot of weight.

JIDsanity
12-18-2010, 01:58 PM

He had mono, and lost a significant amount of weight. You probably did not know that, however all Nets fans know of this, and its pretty obvious he is having a difficult time catching the ball in the post as a result, the rebounding I truly dont believe should be excused though. Even if your out of your comfort zone you can always rebound, it bothers me. He was never so un-energized before, hes so " " this season. I cant think of a word for it.

The guy who posted this thread is ignorant, and of course PSD fans are having a field day with this.

Nets fan 93
12-18-2010, 02:01 PM
He had mono, and lost a significant amount of weight. You probably did not know that, however all Nets fans know of this, and its pretty obvious he is having a difficult time catching the ball in the post as a result, the rebounding I truly dont believe should be excused though. Even if your out of your comfort zone you can always rebound, it bothers me. He was never so un-energized before, hes so " " this season. I cant think of a word for it.

The guy who posted this thread is ignorant, and of course PSD fans are having a field day with this.
It's expected when they don't watch this team. I dont even know why this is a thread in the main forum. People just look at the stats and post based on them. Lopez is extremely skilled but has scrubs around him.

Nets fan 93
12-18-2010, 02:06 PM
never been a fan of lopez. good shot blocker but every time ive seen him play the raps, he's been horrible. bargs raped him and humphries tonight.
It was mostly Humphries. Lopez raped Amir and the other PF's

Confusious
12-18-2010, 02:08 PM
I remember when people said he's better than Noah.

That sort of exploded in people's faces, huh?

JIDsanity
12-18-2010, 02:13 PM

Isnt Noah injured?

Crackadalic
12-18-2010, 02:16 PM
He may be overrated by he is a hell of a lot better then some of the centers my knicks have. i would gladly trade for him if possible

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Isnt Noah injured?

yeah, for 8 weeks.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 02:21 PM

x2 I remember people were saying I dont know what im talking about, but again I proved them wrong.

goose14741
12-18-2010, 02:23 PM

what.....randolph plays an average of 1 minute a game

Young and Stupid
12-18-2010, 02:29 PM
It's expected when they don't watch this team. I dont even know why this is a thread in the main forum. People just look at the stats and post based on them. Lopez is extremely skilled but has scrubs around him.

I have to respectfully disagree. Although the thread starter could have worded his opinion in a different manner his overall argument is correct. Brook Lopez is overrated. Whether it be by Nets fans or NBA fans, that fact still remains.

Yes, the mono did inhibit him from fulfilling his number one goal going into the off-season -- to put on muscle and strengthen his core. It also prevented him from participating with Team USA this summer, which could have been monumental in terms of his development as a leader in the locker-room and his approach on the floor. It doesn't change the fact that he has severely underperformed this season and hasn't appeared to make any improvements to his game.

You could argue that the expectations for Lopez were raised too high based upon his performance during his first two seasons. You could also argue that he was unfairly placed on a list of promising young centers because the league has so few. I can't argue that, but the fact remains that he has not made strides in his ability to pass out of the double-team and take more of a team-oriented approach. In fact, he's regressed.

The mono is definitely a factor, but a lot of Lopez's problems rest on the fact that he is often oblivious while on the floor and unwilling to focus on other facets of his game when he is having an off-night on the offensive-end.

Chill_Will_24
12-18-2010, 03:44 PM
What a load of horse ****. Just, because its a big word doesn't mean anything. Mononucleosis is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus a common form of herpes.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/784513-overview

Your an idiot. Idc how big the word is. Smh all I meant was that it's especially bad for an athlete to catch it. It drains your weight and makes you weak. Especially in a sport where strength and explosiveness are so nessesary this is a very serious sickness

D-Leethal
12-18-2010, 05:55 PM
You should post this in the Knicks forum for everyone that salivates this guy and bashes Donnie for not drafting him over Gallo

blahblahyoutoo
12-19-2010, 02:42 AM
i'll gladly take him on the knicks.

Nets fan 93
12-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Haha, I wasnt expecting a response to my original post.

tangent12
12-21-2010, 05:33 PM
The whole Nets cast has been quite overrated for a while.

They all suck really bad.

Nets fan 93
12-21-2010, 05:38 PM
The whole Nets cast has been quite overrated for a while.

They all suck really bad.
Sooo overrated after a 12-70 season.:facepalm: :pity:

tangent12
12-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Many said the Nets were a great destination for LeBron or marquee free agents during the offseason, claiming the embarrassment record was just simply due to one bad season.

A lot has been said about how good of a core the Nets have and how they have a bright future but they continue failing miserably. So when you're that bad, even if you have decent expectations and fail to meet them you truly suck ***. Not to mention the amount of hype some of you have with Brook Lopez and Harris. So um yeah, the core of that team is quite overrated like I already stated in my previous post.

Oldmantrash
12-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I really believe that him having Mono during the off season prevented him from getting stronger,he wasn't pushed around last year like he is now.
It's impossible to get stronger during the season,so I reserving judgement on him until next year,he's still so young.

Nets fan 93
12-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Many said the Nets were a great destination for LeBron or marquee free agents during the offseason, claiming the embarrassment record was just simply due to one bad season.

A lot has been said about how good of a core the Nets have and how they have a bright future but they continue failing miserably. So when you're that bad, even if you have decent expectations and fail to meet them you truly suck ***. Not to mention the amount of hype some of you have with Brook Lopez and Harris. So um yeah, the core of that team is quite overrated like I already stated in my previous post.
The core? The only core is Lopez and Harris. Both are not suited to be number 1 options. With LeBron, Lopez would have been a 2nd option and Harris would have been a 3rd option for the 1st time since his days in Dallas. Look at Harris's numbers with Vince... 21-7. Imagine LeBron and all the double teams he gets. When you have a player like LeBron the core really doesnt matter unless you have some talent like Harris and Lopez and Shooters all around like how he had it in Cleveland. Look at the team LeBron carried in the playoffs in 2007.

NYYCowboys
12-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Jason Kidd averaged more rebounds per game than Lopez in his prime and he's a PG.

NYYCowboys
12-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Your an idiot. Idc how big the word is. Smh all I meant was that it's especially bad for an athlete to catch it. It drains your weight and makes you weak. Especially in a sport where strength and explosiveness are so nessesary this is a very serious sickness

It's not really that serious...