PDA

View Full Version : Magic discussing deal for Arenas

Gators123
12-17-2010, 09:35 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-magictradetalks121710

Orlando and Washington are engaged in serious discussions for a trade that would send Gilbert Arenas(notes) to the Magic, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Arenas has privately told people for days that he believes a deal will soon send him to Orlando, where he’ll be reunited with Magic general manager Otis Smith, a friend and mentor from Arenas’ days with the Golden State Warriors. Sources said Orlando has escalated its pursuit of a deal in recent days. After losing five of their past six games, the Magic have shown more urgency to find a perimeter scorer who can help them stay a viable contender in the Eastern Conference.
More From Adrian Wojnarowski

Still unclear was whether Orlando would send the expiring contract of Vince Carter(notes) as part of the package or build a trade around longer-term contracts, including that of backup center Marcin Gortat(notes), sources said. The Wizards also have been angling to get a first-round pick in return, sources said.

Arenas has four years and $60 million left on his Wizards deal. Following his 50-game suspension for bringing guns into the Wizards locker room last season, Arenas became further expendable after Washington drafted No. 1 overall pick John Wall(notes).

The Magic have discussed Gortat with other teams, sources said. Several teams, including Houston and Portland, have inquired about the 7-footer’s availability. If the Magic are going to take on the remainder of Arenas’ contract, it could be important for them to trim some other deals to spare their luxury-tax hit with what’s already a league-high $94.7 million payroll.

Orlando has had discussions on several fronts, sources said. Phoenix has been making calls on forward Hedo Turkoglu(notes) and had a conversation with Orlando about the former Magic forward. Turkoglu is in the second season of a five-year, $53 million contract. The Toronto Raptors traded him to the Suns over the summer, but Phoenix is already looking for ways to get off the remaining four years, and $44 million on his deal, sources said.

Sixerlover
12-17-2010, 09:36 PM
I would like this move for Orlando. They're too stagnant right now, this move might get some new excitement on that team, as well as help them in the win column.

210Don
12-17-2010, 09:41 PM
they need good wing defenders jack & gwall for carter and lewis would be better or somehow getting one of those guys

thedfactor
12-17-2010, 09:44 PM
About time something happened with Gilbert. He will help the Magic. Hopefully Gortat is sent out in this deal.

Ty Fast
12-17-2010, 09:48 PM
the magic should go after carmello

ManRam
12-17-2010, 09:49 PM
We need a scorer. I hate Gil, but we need a scorer.

This has been talked about forever now. I think it will end up happening because Otis LOVES him. Not sure if it is a move I like.

Kleonidas
12-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Its a boomerang bullet, Magic fans have to dodge every month.

Mplsman
12-17-2010, 10:00 PM

this.

macc
12-17-2010, 10:09 PM
I don't see how getting Gilbert would make us any better. Vince Carter has lost a step but he's playing very efficient this year. Getting Gilbert would mean us losing Vince and some of our depth. I would pass on the deal.

Plus getting Gil wouldn't put us over the edge and we would be stuck with his contract for another 4 years. Trading for Gil would put all our eggs in the basketball with him to win now. With Dwight's contract ending after the end of next season I wouldn't want to be stuck with a couple contracts on our team that would cripple us from being able to sign anyone else to make Dwight happy. If AI and Melo aren't attainable then I would rather just play the season out and see what we can do in the off season.

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Article mentioned Hedo. Lol. Hell no.

I don't know. This isn't going away, Magic fans keep hearing about Otis's man crush on Gilbert. His salary is just ridiculous, added with Rashard...UGH.

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 10:21 PM

Probably tried, but didn't make it public like the Nets. Otis is a quiet, sneaky bastard.

Khalifa21
12-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Not sure if I like it for the Magic.

Just another guy that's gonna take the ball out of Dwight's hands...

Khalifa21
12-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Article mentioned Hedo. Lol. Hell no.

I don't know. This isn't going away, Magic fans keep hearing about Otis's man crush on Gilbert. His salary is just ridiculous, added with Rashard...UGH.

Ohh man, you guys would be over the cap after Rashard, Arenas and Howard :laugh2:

Rivera
12-17-2010, 10:27 PM
this rumor has been around forever....so i fully expect it to happen before the trade deadline in 2010

as a magic fan i dont know if i like this i would rather have either sjax or crash

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Thing that scares me the most is if he comes here and doesn't live up to the expectations, gives more reason for Dwight to leave, if we can't trade Gil.

maddBat
12-17-2010, 10:35 PM
daggerrrr nooooooooooooooo

AI4MVP
12-17-2010, 10:36 PM
this is GREAT for the magic. gilbert arenas is still an elite scorer in this league. Hes back. Hes just a good as he was before, its just his role has changed. If given the opportunity, he can be just as good as he was. Hes not even that old to. This is an amazing deal for the Magic and Gilbert Arenas will return to all star form with the magic

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 10:39 PM
this is GREAT for the magic. gilbert arenas is still an elite scorer in this league. Hes back. Hes just a good as he was before, its just his role has changed. If given the opportunity, he can be just as good as he was. Hes not even that old to. This is an amazing deal for the Magic and Gilbert Arenas will return to all star form with the magic

I haven't seen any Gilbert games this season. Is he really back to his old self?

I am almost hoping for this to happen.

1. I am tired of the Magic team. We are horrible at scoring. WE lack that go-to scorer and he provides just that.
2. I really feel his desire to win will be rejuvenated if he were to be traded to the Magic. It is clear that the current team is just not good enough.

kblo247
12-17-2010, 10:48 PM
I haven't seen any Gilbert games this season. Is he really back to his old self?

I am almost hoping for this to happen.

1. I am tired of the Magic team. We are horrible at scoring. WE lack that go-to scorer and he provides just that.
2. I really feel his desire to win will be rejuvenated if he were to be traded to the Magic. It is clear that the current team is just not good enough.

I've watched the Wiz this year about 10 times (I try to watch most teams that many or more).

Gilbert isn't back to being Agent Zero but he is much closer to being what he once was than both Carter and Lewis are. He can still score and be a consistent perimeter threat, and to his credit he has learned how to make more plays for others as an adjustment to his game. If you can steal Nick Young and that Tinman (McGee) you would be in a very good position imo.

I honestly think Jack and Wallace would be worth more to Orlando and VC would be worth more to Charlotte (expiring and former college player) than Gilbert alone. Those two would give the team that nastiness that they lack.

From what I have seen of Orlando Jameer, Dwight, Gortat, Bass, and JJ should be who they look to keep. I've not really liked what I have saw from any of the others =.

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 10:53 PM
I've watched the Wiz this year about 10 times (I try to watch most teams that many or more).

Gilbert isn't back to being Agent Zero but he is much closer to being what he once was than both Carter and Lewis are. He can still score and be a consistent perimeter threat, and to his credit he has learned how to make more plays for others as an adjustment to his game. If you can steal Nick Young and that Tinman (McGee) you would be in a very good position imo.

I honestly think Jack and Wallace would be worth more to Orlando and VC would be worth more to Charlotte (expiring and former college player) than Gilbert alone. Those two would give the team that nastiness that they lack.

From what I have seen of Orlando Jameer, Dwight, Gortat, Bass, and JJ should be who they look to keep. I've not really liked what I have saw from any of the others =.

Gortat will most likely be including in any trade we make. His game has sucked this season, so I really don't mind. He got torched by Bogut and he can't make a case for wanting to be a starter with that effort.

kblo247
12-17-2010, 10:54 PM
I just like the guy.

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 10:56 PM
I just like the guy.

I loved him before the signing of that contract. His game hasn't been impressive thus far.

jdmd3
12-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Otis is digging his grave and taking the Magic with him.

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Otis is digging his grave and taking the Magic with him.

Haha. If this fails I see him getting fired.

Mochalman
12-17-2010, 11:09 PM
need to trade for arenas and get rid of lewis some how for a pf or move lewis to sf and start bass or gortat

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 11:11 PM
need to trade for arenas and get rid of lewis some how for a pf or move lewis to sf and start bass or gortat

Just like a month ago there was this rumor, Gil and Blatche for Lewis, and some pieces, I forgot.

kblo247
12-17-2010, 11:12 PM
What GM has the balls to go to his owner and say I want to deal for Rashard Lewis and his max contract?

daleja424
12-17-2010, 11:13 PM
depends which gilbert they get.

if they get depressed, subdues Gilbert... NO WAY

if they are going to get the old Gilbert who had SWAGGER then GET IT DONE.

this team does need a shake up though. NO DOUBT. The magic will not be able to beat the HEAT or Celts as currently built... so they have to try something

KJ21.the.truth
12-17-2010, 11:16 PM
if we have arenas and carter when its all said and done, that IS exciting

Chill_Will_24
Thing that scares me the most is if he comes here and doesn't live up to the expectations, gives more reason for Dwight to leave, if we can't trade Gil.

This. Arenas has proved impossible to move. If he goes to the Magic and doesn't produce wins they will be stuck with him and they can kiss Dwight goodbye to possibly team with DRose. They should trade for Hedo. They took as step back when he left. He was perfect for them

*Superman*
What GM has the balls to go to his owner and say I want to deal for Rashard Lewis and his max contract?

but the proposed deal likely includes shooting guard Vince Carter, according to a source. Wizards big man Andray Blatche, Magic forward Rashard Lewis, and Magic center Daniel Orton could also be involved. Both teams have a mutual understanding of what the trade might include, the source says, and it's unclear what factors are holding up the trade. What is clear around the league, however, is that Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith has his eye on Arenas. If Orlando is to make a major trade this season, Arenas will likely be the target.

Just saying what i read. lol

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/12/1/1847994/source-orlando-magic-discuss-gilbert-arenas-trade-with-washington

shep33
12-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Magic gotta do something.. Carter and Lewis are not the players they once were, and they're basically just perimeter players that shoot jumpers. Get Arenas in there... he can slash, shoot, and IMO would be the best passer on the Magic. D12 will get a bunch of oops and dunks from his penetration

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 11:18 PM
This. Arenas has proved impossible to move. If he goes to the Magic and doesn't produce wins they will be stuck with him and they can kiss Dwight goodbye to possibly team with DRose. They should trade for Hedo. They took as step back when he left. He was perfect for them

Please no to Hedo. I bet PHX was forcing us to take him back. No way we get Hedo after Otis said he wasn't worth 50M

Dade County
12-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Listen hear....... I'm a Miami Fan 1st...... but I do like other florida sports teams as well, Orlando should not go after Areans, only BIG trades they should make are for CP3 or Malo; anything else is pointless.

kblo247
12-17-2010, 11:25 PM
To be honest I can't blame Hedo for being upset with Otis when Lewis got paid twice as much and isn't/wasn't as good of a fit as him.

If I was the gm it would only make sense to discuss albatross for albatross in Gilbert and Lewis. Then you try to move VC's expiring with the other players not named Dwight/Jameer/Bass/JJ to another team. They need a culture change be it from the coaches or players.

Vince isn't used to winning. Lewis isn't used to winning. So try to deal them for others who can help you win.

A dark horse/last resort trade would be to Detroit for Rip, Ben, and Prince.

daleja424
12-17-2010, 11:30 PM
bottom line... is this Magic team good enough to win a title? IMO, NO. So they should definitely look to make a deal to get better. It is a risky deal... but who cares. They arent going to win it all as constituted...and if they want to keep Howard in Orlando...they cant keep getting bounced out of the playoffs

KJ21.the.truth
12-17-2010, 11:31 PM
To be honest I can't blame Hedo for being upset with Otis when Lewis got paid twice as much and isn't/wasn't as good of a fit as him.

If I was the gm it would only make sense to discuss albatross for albatross in Gilbert and Lewis. Then you try to move VC's expiring with the other players not named Dwight/Jameer/Bass/JJ to another team. They need a culture change be it from the coaches or players. Vince isn't used to winning. Lewis isn't used to winning. So try to deal them for others who can help you win.

A dark horse/last resort trade would be to Detroit for Rip, Ben, and Prince.

THIS x100

dodie53
12-17-2010, 11:31 PM
magic should try to trade for nash

HouRealCoach
12-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Orlando Magic might aswell hire Isiah Thomas as the GM... They obviously are headed that way with VC, Lewis, Gortat, Dwight(Only one that deserves over 10Mil in Orlando), and now wanting Arenas contract... :pity:

They should get Steve Nash

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Orlando Magic might aswell hire Isiah Thomas as the GM... They obviously are headed that way with VC, Lewis, Gortat, Dwight(Only one that deserves over 10Mil in Orlando), and now wanting Arenas contract... :pity:

They should get Steve Nash

Well they held talks with PHX. Thing is, a PG isn't a pressing need right now. It would be a luxury to have someone as Nash, but I feel that Meer can get it done.

Chill_Will_24
12-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Well they held talks with PHX. Thing is, a PG isn't a pressing need right now. It would be a luxury to have someone as Nash, but I feel that Meer can get it done.

He IS getting it done. Only way you upgrade your PG is if it's a serious longterm upgrade like a CP3. Nash is up there in age and no matter how ageless he seems, the clocks ticking on him. Plus there's still doubts about him playing outside of the up tempo offense. I still remember how well he played for Porter... What the Magic need is a team USA wing or at least a reliable scorer that commands doubles... Stupid Melo and his NY love. Smh it would be so perfect! Melo is the main scorer. He's not so efficient but with Dwight there to clean up he doesn't need to be. Ugh why can't Melo see!!!? Melo+Dwight=>Wade, Lebron, Bosh

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 11:53 PM
He IS getting it done. Only way you upgrade your PG is if it's a serious longterm upgrade like a CP3. Nash is up there in age and no matter how ageless he seems, the clocks ticking on him. Plus there's still doubts about him playing outside of the up tempo offense. I still remember how well he played for Porter... What the Magic need is a team USA wing or at least a reliable scorer that commands doubles... Stupid Melo and his NY love. Smh it would be so perfect! Melo is the main scorer. He's not so efficient but with Dwight there to clean up he doesn't need to be. Ugh why can't Melo see!!!? Melo+Dwight=>Wade, Lebron, Bosh

100% agree. And yeah I feel the same. Just because Orlando isn't the market NY is, and that he has roots to NY I guess. But it is a perfect fit. :mad:

jdmd3
12-18-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm not going to pretend that I know Arenas but no advanced statistic supports that Arenas is an upgrade over Carter.

1. Usage
Arenas: 26.40
Carter: 23.55
Says Arenas dominates the ball more than Carter.

2. True Shooting %
Arenas: 50.5
Carter: 55.7
Says Arenas is worse shooter than Carter

3. Turnover Rate
Arenas: 13.00
Carter: 9.02
Says Arenas is more careless with the ball than Carter

4. Player Efficiency Rating
Arenas: 14.13
Carter: 16.86
Says Arenas contributes less overall than Carter

5. %Assisted (Assisted FG made / Total FG made)
Arenas: 49.2
Carter: 34.4
Says Arenas is less capable of creating his own shot than Carter

6. Shot Selection
Arenas: 91% Jumpshots, 9% Close Range
Carter: 73% Jumpshots, 22% Close Range, 3% Dunks, 2% Tip-ins
Says Arenas settles for more jumpers than Carter

7. 3pt shot attempts per 40 minutes
Arenas: 7.9
Carter: 4.7
Says Arenas jacks up more 3 pointers than Carter

8. Ft attempts per 40 minutes
Arenas: 3.3
Carter: 4.5
Says Arenas is worse at drawing contact than Carter

If anything, advanced statistics say Arenas is the last thing that we need in this team.

Source: Hoopdata and 82games

zambo4president
12-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Arenas would be a great fit on the Magic

MagicBucsSox
12-18-2010, 01:02 AM
get Crash baby

beasted86
12-18-2010, 01:06 AM
Should go after Stephen Jackson instead.

NBA-GMaster
12-18-2010, 01:14 AM
Id rather trade for CP3 or Nash than Agent9.. Orlando got the pieces to get CP3 plus Okafor and also Nash plus Turkoglu.. Heard some rumors that Brandon Roy is also available..

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2010, 01:15 AM
I think Arenas would go back to being a near 20 PPG scorer if he's left open with Howard in the middle. Arenas probably plays better defense than Carter so the perimeter defense doesn't really change.

JordansBulls
12-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Maybe give up Jameer, but not Vince.

EaglePride615
12-18-2010, 01:57 AM
they would be scary

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Maybe give up Jameer, but not Vince.

They said they prefer to trade Carter or pieces around Gortat.

Arenas is already on his way out so they do not need to spend a lot to get him.

They can get someone good for Nelson from a team in need of a PG. I can even see a Jamal Crawford for Jameer Nelson swap since Hawks want a new PG.

masalex1205
12-18-2010, 02:09 AM
honestly, this woudl be the dumbest thing for the Magic to do, especially w/ R. Lewis's contract

jim51990
12-18-2010, 02:12 AM
as a celtics fan i like.

D1JM
12-18-2010, 02:31 AM
AlexKennedyNBA: One source says Gilbert Arenas to Orlando is done with an announcement expected tomorrow and debut on Monday. Still no word who Wizards get.

D1JM
12-18-2010, 02:33 AM
AlexKennedyNBA: If Wizards get Rashard Lewis as @BQRMagic believes, it sounds like the Magic will continue to shop Vince Carter and Marcin Gortat package.

Gators123
12-18-2010, 02:34 AM
AlexKennedyNBA: One source says Gilbert Arenas to Orlando is done with an announcement expected tomorrow and debut on Monday. Still no word who Wizards get.

wow :speechless:

D1JM
12-18-2010, 02:35 AM
AlexKennedyNBA: Still working the phones to confirm but it all lines up. The more I hear, the more I believe a second move could be coming.

DRE'-MAC
12-18-2010, 03:17 AM
just read that the magic are sending rashard lewis to wash for arenas. and then sending gortat to houston for jeffries...

jason17
12-18-2010, 03:23 AM
just read that the magic are sending rashard lewis to wash for arenas. and then sending gortat to houston for jeffries...

Where you hear that?.

DRE'-MAC
12-18-2010, 03:25 AM
Where you hear that?.

read it on some other message boards so i wouldn't take it too seriously

macc
12-18-2010, 03:26 AM
I would not mind a Lewis for Gil swap. Bad contract for bad contract. Plus we have Anderson waiting in the wings, which is like a poor man's Rashard Lewis but a better offensive rebounder.

Hmmmm wonder how much merit should be put on this source. I'll believe it when I see it.

heatking
12-18-2010, 03:28 AM
I think Arenas still can be a difference maker... If the Magic get a motivated arenas that wants to make noice in the playoffs they will be alot better... The Magic know they are not good enough right now. Their wings are soft and they need to get some defenders in that starting lineup. In my opinion this could be the best lineup the magic can put out there.

Arenas
Pietrus
Qrich
Bass
Howard

and have Reddick as a 6th man off the bench... i think they would be alot better if they had a more balanced lineup like this.

jason17
12-18-2010, 03:31 AM
read it on some other message boards so i wouldn't take it too seriously

There are conflicting reports regarding the imminence of a potential trade sending Gilbert Arenas to the the Magic, but at least one has said the deal is done and that he will debut on Monday against the Hawks.

One other report says the deal is not "imminent," but all of the reports suggest that the sides are serious and by all appearances this trade is going down. Early reports suggested that Vince Carter and Marcin Gortat would be headed to the Wizards, but a recent report has Rashard Lewis possibly being the key piece with another trade involving the former pair in the works. Stay tuned. Dec. 18 - 2:05 am et
Source: Alex Kennedy on Twitter

Its all good . thats the only thing ive read so far .

macc
12-18-2010, 03:33 AM
AlexKennedyNBA: Still working the phones to confirm but it all lines up. The more I hear, the more I believe a second move could be coming.

Link?

kblo247
12-18-2010, 03:35 AM
I would not mind a Lewis for Gil swap. Bad contract for bad contract. Plus we have Anderson waiting in the wings, which is like a poor man's Rashard Lewis but a better offensive rebounder.

Hmmmm wonder how much merit should be put on this source. I'll believe it when I see it.

I can't resist ... Rashard Lewis is a poor man's Rashard Lewis ;)

With that said, this was the only deal that made sense. Now they have to send Gortat and VC off to somewhere that has use for them be it basketball or business (Charlotte or Houston)

kblo247
12-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Link?

It is twitter.

Just type twitter.com/

and insert the username that they are going by.

numba1CHANGsta
12-18-2010, 03:37 AM
Nelson
Arenas
Carter
Lewis
Dwight

pretty sick team

MilwaukeeBAller
12-18-2010, 03:38 AM
Nelson
Arenas
Carter
Lewis
Dwight

pretty sick team

Either Carter or Lewis is gonna be gone in the deal though

macc
12-18-2010, 03:44 AM
I can't resist ... Rashard Lewis is a poor man's Rashard Lewis ;)

With that said, this was the only deal that made sense. Now they have to send Gortat and VC off to somewhere that has use for them be it basketball or business (Charlotte or Houston)

Ya he can be so I can't debate that.

I'm liking the idea of a Gil/Lewis swap, both are bad contracts but at this point I see Gil making more of an impact on our team.

I don't see Nelson/Gil/Vince co existing though. So it's all but guarenteed Vince or Jameer (likely Vince) would be going somewhere else. If Otis could pull off a trade to get us Gil/Lewis and Vince, fillers/Crash. I would be a happy man.

macc
12-18-2010, 03:45 AM
It is twitter.

Just type twitter.com/

and insert the username that they are going by.

Oh ok cool.

HesOnFire
12-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Not sure if I like it for the Magic.

Just another guy that's gonna take the ball out of Dwight's hands...

Gotta have more than a one man show... Orlando could use a legitimate second scorer in the much improved upper tier of the East.

AI4MVP
12-18-2010, 04:10 AM
this is a deal the someone on the suns board on r e a l g m with an inside source said hes been hearing

Suns get-
Vince Carter
Marcin Gortat

Magic get-
Hedo
Jrich
Clark
Arenas

Wizards get-
Shard

I would miss JRich, but to get rid of Hedo I would do this. Plus Gortat would be a solid center for us. I'm sure there are other fillers and what not too. But this is just a rumor.

MilwaukeeBAller
12-18-2010, 04:14 AM
^^^That would be pretty good for Magic then

JPHX
12-18-2010, 04:17 AM
this is a deal the someone on the suns board on r e a l g m with an inside source said hes been hearing

yeah i saw that. i think he was just guessing. no real insider or anything. plus Magic dont really benefit from including the suns in any deal.

Gators123
12-18-2010, 04:18 AM

yeah i saw that. i think he was just guessing. no real insider or anything. plus Magic dont really benefit from including the suns in any deal.

Traitors! We all know fakegm is gay! :D

AI4MVP
12-18-2010, 04:22 AM

Are you kidding me???

Putting scorers like Jason Richardson and Gilbert Arenas with facilitators like Nelson and Hedo to go along with Dwight Howard..i think the Magic would become alot more favored then they are right now with this deal..

I thinks its great for the Suns too. I really like the idea of Marcin Gortat on the Suns.

Nash/Dragic
Carter/Dudley
Hill/JChill
Frye/Warrick
Gortat/Rolo

im down

kblo247
12-18-2010, 04:25 AM
^^^That would be pretty good for Magic then

It works for everyone imo.

I know it sucks that the Wiz will pay Lewis max money, but they honestly need to move on from Gilbert completely. They would have a fresh start and Wall would have the team to either fail or succeed with.

If you are the Suns you get a real starting caliber C and a guard who they might be able to keep at a cheaper price because of their training staff once his deal runs out. They also get rid of Hedo.

The Magic get back a player who they honestly should have never let go in Hedo as he just fits there to replace Lewis at PF most likely. They get a new scoring threat to replace Carter at SG in Arenas. They also receive a new starting SF who can still be explosive, shoot the ball, and has some playoff experience.

Everyone gets a fresh start. Teams and players

NYK_kidd77
12-18-2010, 04:29 AM
Im real interested to see what kind of moves they are making. 2 separate trades are being reported to happen?

AI4MVP
12-18-2010, 04:35 AM
man am i the only one that just gets helllof excited over trades/rumors/ect!!

raptor fan
12-18-2010, 11:00 AM
this deal only makes sense if lewis is heading back to washington. if it's just a carter for arenas swap, the magic are screwed. trading carter's expiring contract for a monster contract like arenas' would be a huge mistake.

miadolphan1231
12-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Arenas for Carter.....a bit iffy to me. I dont think him coming to the Magics really helps.... They need an actual scoring wing not someone who is simalar to Jameer Nelson.... This will put the Magic in a perplexing stuation with the cap flexibilty........

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Lewis will be included in any deal regarding arenas. I don't think the magic wanna take the risk on arenas while increasing salary if they aren't getting rid of lewis as well.

justinnum1
12-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Kberg

Sorry, #Magic getting Arenas/Turkoglu with #Suns as third team. #NBA #Wizards http://bit.ly/hlYGzM

footballer2369
12-18-2010, 12:15 PM
That guy used "according to a person familiar with their plans" at least twice, referring to each team. Are we to believe that this guy is getting some wikileaks or buying state's secrets?

Rivera
12-18-2010, 12:34 PM
i wouldnt mind hedo back in orlando....he can distribute the ball better than jameer hes more of a scorer...plus hedo had good chemistry with dwight n he gets the ball better to dwight than jameer does

Khalifa21
12-18-2010, 12:37 PM
So what's it looking like at the moment?

Hedo and Arenas to the Magic with Carter to the Suns and Lewis to the Wizards?

ManRam
12-18-2010, 12:57 PM
I'd personally love hedo back, but I'm sure I'm in the minority. The only way I wouldn't be upset to get gil is if lewis goes. We can't afford paying lewis and arenas.

MagicBucsSox
12-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Arenas for Carter.....a bit iffy to me. I dont think him coming to the Magics really helps.... They need an actual scoring wing not someone who is simalar to Jameer Nelson.... This will put the Magic in a perplexing stuation with the cap flexibilty........

please explain how nelson and arenas are alike?

xbrackattackx
12-18-2010, 01:00 PM
I think Orton will go the the Wizards, Cause he was Wall's team mate at Kentucky, If the 3 team trade is true. I could see Blatche getting moved maybe.

Slimsim
12-18-2010, 01:03 PM
how does this make wizards better ?

daleja424
12-18-2010, 01:04 PM
and gortat is involved it seems...

I have played around with the trade machine and I cant figure out how all these guys are going to be involved in a fair deal though...unless several draft picks are changing hands

29$JerZ
12-18-2010, 01:11 PM
So Magic are loading up contracts?
Gilbert and Hedo?

I guess that means VC and Lewis have to be included, not bad for Orlando if they keep their main role players.

Have any reports told what Orlando is losing?

ManRam
12-18-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm still continuing to warm up to this. I'm okay if it's shard for gil straight up. I absolutely don't want to move vince for him. While I don't know how well jameer, gil and vince could coexist...but we need the scoring, and lewis isn't helping. Vince has been better with the bench at times. Nelson, gilbert, Q, bass and howard certainly has the potential to score a ton.

JPHX
12-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Just dont take JRich from us. You can have SHedo.

MagicBucsSox
12-18-2010, 01:35 PM
how does this make wizards better ?

cap space, lewis will be team option after next season

ManRam
12-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Where does it say Lewis has an option for next season? That is news to me. Everywhere I look says he has 2 years left after this season. He signed a six year contract in 2007. If anything, his contract for the 2012/2013 year is not guaranteed. It's not an option, he just has to reach incentives which all reports suggest will make his contract fully guaranteed.

It helps Washington in that they move a high paid PG (a position they don't need money to be taking up) for an offensive big man. Not a great trade, but it makes some sense.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 01:51 PM
cap space, lewis will be team option after next season

no he doesn't. he doesn't have a player or team option and even if he had a player option, i dont think he would turn down all that money.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

ManRam
12-18-2010, 01:56 PM
The 6th year isn't fully guaranteed, that's all. No option at all...

The sixth year is worth $22.7 million, if paid in full. While only $10 million of it is currently guaranteed, a league source revealed that the remainder will be guaranteed if certain performance incentives are met. According to this source, it boils down to this: If Lewis remains healthy, he’ll get the money.

MagicBucsSox
12-18-2010, 02:00 PM
The 6th year isn't fully guaranteed, that's all. No option at all...

my bad, i thought he had a TO after next season, freakin otis man

ManRam
12-18-2010, 02:10 PM
We can't afford to pay Lewis and Gil 2 and 3 more years respectively. We can afford one of them, but not both. I will be very mad if it is a Carter for Gil switch. I won't complain if it is Lewis for Gil...but there is no way Otis can trade for another huge contract. I don't think he will, I don't the owners would approve...but who knows? Maybe they are going to go all in for this season and worry about the future later.

Confusious
12-18-2010, 02:12 PM
The magic go after Vince Carter, and now assumedly Arenas?

No wonder they're losing a lot. I can't say that this is wise thinking on their behalf. Wait for CP3 to hit free agency and sign him. That would probably be enough to get Dwight to reup with 'em.

ManRam
12-18-2010, 02:15 PM
We don't have the money to sign CP3 in the off-season, and who knows if he wants to come here? He'll probably run to NYK.

Can't sit and wait just to lose out on what you hoped for. Gotta be aggressive now. We need a scorer, Gil can score. Do I like Gil at all? No. Not one bit. I do think his scoring, however unproductive he is, will help Dwight out.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 02:19 PM
We don't have the money to sign CP3 in the off-season, and who knows if he wants to come here? He'll probably run to NYK.

Can't sit and wait just to lose out on what you hoped for. Gotta be aggressive now. We need a scorer, Gil can score. Do I like Gil at all? No. Not one bit. I do think his scoring, however unproductive he is, will help Dwight out.

I doubt it since felton is lookin pretty good and if he continues to play like he has they wont bother paying cp3 the max and still have felton on the team unless they do a sign and trade. plus you know the knicks are gonna focus on trying to get melo instead.

ManRam
12-18-2010, 02:23 PM
You really think NYK would say no to Chris Paul because Felton had a decent year? I don't.

I'm not willing to stand pat and hope that Chris Paul signs with us...because we can't offer him a max contract, and because I'm not convinced he'd come here. Even if he doesn't go to NYK, is there any sign that says he'll go to a small market like Orlando? I know Dwight wants to play with him (who doesn't?), but again, that's too big of a gamble.

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 02:25 PM
You really think NYK would say no to Chris Paul because Felton had a decent year? I don't.

I'm not willing to stand pat and hope that Chris Paul signs with us...because we can't offer him a max contract, and because I'm not convinced he'd come here. Even if he doesn't go to NYK, is there any sign that says he'll go to a small market like Orlando? I know Dwight wants to play with him (who doesn't?), but again, that's too big of a gamble.

lets see, keeping felton and signing melo instead? I think they would pass on cp3 if that were the case. knicks cant afford both of them. felton,melo, and amare is better then just cp3 and amare.

ManRam
12-18-2010, 02:28 PM
lets see, keeping felton and signing melo instead? I think they would pass on cp3 if that were the case. knicks cant afford both of them. felton,melo, and amare is better then just cp3 and amare.

Either way, if you're a GM, and you say "I'm just going to stand pat and sign Chris Paul in the off-season", and you A) don't have the money to and B) you end up not doing so, well...you'll get fired.

Hoping to sign free agents is the dumbest strategy ever. There will be a good 10-15 teams after Melo and Paul this free agent season...and banking the future on getting one of them, unless you're NYK, is unwise.

lavell12
12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
I tried the deal of Carter going to the Suns, Lewis to the Wizard, Arenas and Turk going to the Magic on trade machine and it failed.

ManRam
12-18-2010, 02:48 PM
I tried the deal of Carter going to the Suns, Lewis to the Wizard, Arenas and Turk going to the Magic on trade machine and it failed.

Yeah. It's tricky. The Suns would have to give up someone else because Vince makes so much more than Hedo...like 7-10 million more, AKA Richardson.

This is the only way I could get it to work. You could throw in some fillers to make it more even...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fq43wl

JPHX
12-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah. It's tricky. The Suns would have to give up someone else because Vince makes so much more than Hedo...like 7-10 million more, AKA Richardson.

This is the only way I could get it to work. You could throw in some fillers to make it more even...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fq43wl

Suns cant give up Jrich. Orlando would have to make separate deals.

FloridaBoi_D
12-18-2010, 03:12 PM
@Chris_Broussard Orlando also close to moving rashard Lewis to Washington for Arenas and a big to replace Gortat

@Chris_Broussard Magic & Suns closing in on deal to send Hedo/jRich to Phx for Vince and Gortat. "90 pct" chance of it happening, sources say. Within 24 hrs

kjoke
12-18-2010, 03:27 PM
arenas o magic is bad for orlando

alencp3
12-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Magic should go after Crash

godolphins
12-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Chris Broussard twitted: The deal is close and it will be Rashard Lewis for Arenas straight up.

Kenny
12-18-2010, 04:01 PM
terrible contract for terrible contract. Lewis hasn't been the same since he got caught with HGH

ghetto_gospel
why are the magic bringing in 3 guards? Like i know that Turkoglu is a SF, but he can also play like the SG... I dont get these trades... Gil for Lewis??
and Vc & Gortat for Richardson and Turk?? some strange deals there....
but thats j.m.o

Chi-Town Sports
Chris Broussard twitted: The deal is close and it will be Rashard Lewis for Arenas straight up.

I understand that they want to give up Arenas because he is a cancer on their team but still, Rashard's contract is just as bad as Arenas who is a better player imo.

Durant is hype
12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Wheres the D in Orlando?

DoMeFavors
12-18-2010, 04:05 PM
wheres the d in orlando?

dwight howard

terp12354
12-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Ya what are the wiz getting out of this? i would rather they trade fro expiring contracts instead of this bad contract....they free up no cap room and get a rose player.......questionable move at best

sNaKeS
12-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Done deal, just saw it on espn breaking news. Gilbert arenas straight up for Rashard lewis.

Rivera
12-18-2010, 04:51 PM
i think i like the deal but im not 100% yet

i mean my magic get what we need in a scorer and someone who can take a defender off the dribble

i love the fact that we get jrich too that was BIG

and i was a hedo fan when he was in orlando...he may flourish again because he can b our point foward and set up gil/jrich/jameer/n dwight

potential starting 5

pg jameer
sg gil
sf jrich
pf hedo
c dwight

now that i look at it if hedo runs the point (point foward) like he did when jameer went down i love it we can score now better than ever the team D didnt get much better but i like SVGs team D conecept that has kept the magic a top 10 defense (also dwight)

not bad the team we had wasnt gonna win it all this gives us a better shot

5ass
12-18-2010, 05:14 PM
i think i like the deal but im not 100% yet

i mean my magic get what we need in a scorer and someone who can take a defender off the dribble

i love the fact that we get jrich too that was BIG

and i was a hedo fan when he was in orlando...he may flourish again because he can b our point foward and set up gil/jrich/jameer/n dwight

potential starting 5

pg jameer
sg gil
sf jrich
pf hedo
c dwight

now that i look at it if hedo runs the point (point foward) like he did when jameer went down i love it we can score now better than ever the team D didnt get much better but i like SVGs team D conecept that has kept the magic a top 10 defense (also dwight)

not bad the team we had wasnt gonna win it all this gives us a better shot

id rather have
arenas
j-rich
q-rich
bass
howard
as our starting line up
with the second unit being
nelson
reddick
hedo
anderson
orton :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2010, 05:22 PM
it's official according to csnwashington http://www.csnwashington.com/12/18/10/Report-Gilbert-Arenas-traded-to-Orlando/landing.html?blockID=375928&feedID=287

Corey
12-18-2010, 05:38 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15983133#post15983133