PDA

View Full Version : 76ers reject Batum/Pryzbilla for Iggy

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-17-2010, 08:58 PM
would be joel p and batum for iggy

its on hoopshype got it off my twitter not sure how great of a source this is. if its not good enough mods feel free to delete and :facepalm:on me

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-17-2010, 08:58 PM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Sixerlover
12-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Sixers turned it down according to Bucher.

210Don
12-17-2010, 09:02 PM
lol horrible deal for sixers

Sportfan
12-17-2010, 09:04 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/26498600?source=rss_teams_Portland_Trail_Blazers&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 09:05 PM
looks like it was turned down per hoopshype and espn

bholly
12-17-2010, 09:05 PM
lol horrible deal for sixers

There are a lot of Sixer fans who would LOVE to get Batum for Iggy. That's one of the ideas that got thrown around earlier in the season but people gave up on because they thought Batum was untouchable.

Edit: Partly because a lot of Philly fans are really really (a little irrationally) down on Iggy. Much more so than the front office is.

Sixerlover
12-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Somebody change the title of the thread? It's misleading

Korman12
12-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Ah, so nothing then.

210Don
12-17-2010, 09:09 PM
There are a lot of Sixer fans who would LOVE to get Batum for Iggy. That's one of the ideas that got thrown around earlier in the season but people gave up on because they thought Batum was untouchable.

Edit: Partly because a lot of Philly fans are really really (a little irrationally) down on Iggy. Much more so than the front office is.

batums good but no where near the talent iggy has

SeoulBeatz
12-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Misleading title.

and terrible trade.

boo.

Iggy's stock is going back up a little again after the sixers winning their last 7 of 9 (while only losing to celts by 1 at buzzer and blowing a 16 point lead in the 4th against atlanta)

MagicBucsSox
12-17-2010, 09:10 PM
LOL IGGY IS 10X THE PLAYER BATUM IS that deal is wack

Stunner
12-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Iggy would be real real good if he could shoot. But he cant so........

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-17-2010, 09:14 PM

love ur sig i cudnt believe that lst night pettis is a beast

Stunner
12-17-2010, 09:15 PM
love ur sig i cudnt believe that lst night pettis is a beast

LOl i jus saw it on Jim Rome today and said "I gotta Sig it!"

Slimsim
12-17-2010, 09:18 PM
I thought they were high on Batum

ragee
12-17-2010, 09:24 PM

dude, who's that mma fighter in your sig?

td0tsfinest
12-17-2010, 09:31 PM
dude, who's that mma fighter in your sig?

Anthony Pettis

Title is misleading. Needs to change.

thedfactor
12-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Sixers turned this down w/ ease.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Pretty bad deal for Sixers.

TheShock45
12-17-2010, 10:48 PM

If Iggy could shoot he would be untouchable and the ridiculous deal we gave him would be justified.

TheShock45
12-17-2010, 10:50 PM
just found out that Pryzbilla deal is expiring, If we could get a pick from them then I actually wouldnt mind this deal. I know we are winning but this deal would help

footballer2369
12-17-2010, 10:57 PM
IDK about this deal but these two teams could really match up well...

Iggy, Lou Williams, Thad Young, Hawes, pick

for

Batum, Oden, Andre Miller

Big blockbuster... obviously just a crazy idea, very farfetched... but IMO would help both teams.

Roy wants Andre gone, and needs someone else to pick up some of the load. They get some mroe explosiveness. The Sixers get a couple of pieces to rebuild with and the return of Andre Miller.

*Superman*
12-17-2010, 11:04 PM
LOl i jus saw it on Jim Rome today and said "I gotta Sig it!"

Get wrecked.

Chill_Will_24
12-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Sixes should NOT trade Iggy. They should trade Turner while his value is high. They wanna trade him mainly cuz they think he is hurting Turners development but I've watched plenty if Sixers games this year and Turner just seems like a career role player at best. Ge was supposed to be very polished coming out and NBA ready. I won't call him a bust but I doubt he ever gets to the status Philly FO is banking on. So trade him now while he's still an intriguing prospect and can get you something good. Maybe they could swap Oden and Turner. They could facilitate a Melo trade to the Knicks and get Fields or to the Nets and get Favors. To Detroit and get Ed Davis. They should let go of Turner. Idk if it's the system or what but he's not playing anything like what he was hyped

kblo247
12-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Should have just hung up on them. Besides, if I'm Iggy/Melo or any all star level player I'm not in a hurry to go there with that medical staff.

Blazers#1Fan
12-17-2010, 11:18 PM
just found out that Pryzbilla deal is expiring, If we could get a pick from them then I actually wouldnt mind this deal. I know we are winning but this deal would help

the deal was Batum,Pryzbilla,1st round pick for iggy we should of did Batum,Rudy,Pryzbilla,1st round pick for Iggy,(filler SG)

or Roy For Iggy & Lou

pistonsfanomg
12-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Thank god we didn't get Turner

Greg Monroe ftw

Chill_Will_24
12-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Thank god we didn't get Turner

Greg Monroe ftw

Oh yea! My bad. Who got Ed Davis??? Well your rookie is playing well whoever he is

kblo247
12-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Toronto

td0tsfinest
12-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Oh yea! My bad. Who got Ed Davis??? Well your rookie is playing well whoever he is

We did :D

ElMarroAfamado
12-17-2010, 11:34 PM
well igoudala reminds me of lebron james minus the passing abilities
but the Sixers are damn i think Batum is way better than Igoudala himself n with Pryzbilla included?
Maan
:facepalm:

JDink24
12-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Sixes should NOT trade Iggy. They should trade Turner while his value is high. They wanna trade him mainly cuz they think he is hurting Turners development but I've watched plenty if Sixers games this year and Turner just seems like a career role player at best. Ge was supposed to be very polished coming out and NBA ready. I won't call him a bust but I doubt he ever gets to the status Philly FO is banking on. So trade him now while he's still an intriguing prospect and can get you something good. Maybe they could swap Oden and Turner. They could facilitate a Melo trade to the Knicks and get Fields or to the Nets and get Favors. To Detroit and get Ed Davis. They should let go of Turner. Idk if it's the system or what but he's not playing anything like what he was hyped

26 games into his career!

Suggesting trading him for Fields or Davis makes me want to light my self on fire. If you've watched the Sixers all year you would notice flashes of the #2 pick in him. He just needs some time to adapt to the NBA game. He will be fine just have to be patient.

KnicksorBust
12-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Batum is the perfect player for the Sixers to acquire in an Iggy trade but they need to get a little more value. If it's true that the Blazers offered a 1st rounder in the deal too then I actually like it for the Sixers. Cut bait with Iggy and that nasty contract. You are hemorrhaging money.

Chill_Will_24
12-17-2010, 11:57 PM

26 games into his career!

Suggesting trading him for Fields or Davis makes me want to light my self on fire. If you've watched the Sixers all year you would notice flashes of the #2 pick in him. He just needs some time to adapt to the NBA game. He will be fine just have to be patient.

So you think he'll be better than Iggy? I doubt it bit you know better than I being a Philly fan. However if i remember correctly analysts were saying about him on draft that that he's NBA ready and what you see is what you get a d stuff like that.

JDink24
12-18-2010, 12:00 AM
So you think he'll be better than Iggy? I doubt it bit you know better than I being a Philly fan. However if i remember correctly analysts were saying about him on draft that that he's NBA ready and what you see is what you get a d stuff like that.

I cant see the future, he might be a bust but he could also end up being a superstar. My point is you don't cut bait with a guy you spent the #2 overall pick on after just 26 games.

Sixerlover
12-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Batum is the perfect player for the Sixers to acquire in an Iggy trade but they need to get a little more value. If it's true that the Blazers offered a 1st rounder in the deal too then I actually like it for the Sixers. Cut bait with Iggy and that nasty contract. You are hemorrhaging money.

They'd rather a big man if they trade Iguodala. Is Batum better than Thad Young? I'm guessing the F.O would rather a big man as the centerpiece of an Iguodala deal instead of a player like Batum, who while good is highly overrated (at least by Blazer fans), and hasn't showed a lot of progression from when he came into the league.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2010, 01:09 AM
god sixers lost a golden chance to get a steal of a deal.

HouRealCoach
12-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Shouldve gave them Rudy and a First Rounder also

PhillyBoomerang
12-18-2010, 03:26 AM
ROFL this deal is terrible for both sides.. Portland need more interior help and a new pg.. iggy is worth much more then that offer anyway..

raptor fan
12-18-2010, 11:04 AM
this would have been a pretty good deal for philly. pryzbilla has an expiring contract, and batum is a solid young player. igoudala's contract is pretty bad as well, so i'm not sure they can get a better deal.

Khalifa21
12-18-2010, 11:16 AM
The first time I saw this I thought, horrible deal for Sixers, but they're not gonna get equal value for Iggy with his contract. Being able to shed that for a guy still on his rookie contract and a serviceable center would've been a pretty nice pick up for them... Especially if a first rounder had been included.

KnicksorBust
12-18-2010, 11:58 AM
They'd rather a big man if they trade Iguodala. Is Batum better than Thad Young? I'm guessing the F.O would rather a big man as the centerpiece of an Iguodala deal instead of a player like Batum, who while good is highly overrated (at least by Blazer fans), and hasn't showed a lot of progression from when he came into the league.

It's a fair question. You've seen Thad play more than me but I'm not too high on him. Batum is like a Tayshaun Prince guy who can be the glue to a great team. I really like his game. So to me I might rather get Batum now and possibly try and flip Thad and Brand to a contender. Jrue-Turner-Batum is a nice trio of young unselfish players who are good on both ends of the floor. If I was a Sixers fan I'd feel a lot better seeing those 3 get 35mpg than Iggy and Thad while watching my #2 overall pick get spot minutes off the bench.

And to be honest I'm not sure what team would be willing to give up a quality big for Iguodala. If you have any suggestions I'd be interested to hear them.

bringbackfredex
12-18-2010, 12:07 PM
well igoudala reminds me of lebron james minus the passing abilities
but the Sixers are damn i think Batum is way better than Igoudala himself n with Pryzbilla included?
Maan

Stop posting on this website.

xbrackattackx
12-18-2010, 08:58 PM
It's a fair question. You've seen Thad play more than me but I'm not too high on him. Batum is like a Tayshaun Prince guy who can be the glue to a great team. I really like his game. So to me I might rather get Batum now and possibly try and flip Thad and Brand to a contender. Jrue-Turner-Batum is a nice trio of young unselfish players who are good on both ends of the floor. If I was a Sixers fan I'd feel a lot better seeing those 3 get 35mpg than Iggy and Thad while watching my #2 overall pick get spot minutes off the bench.

And to be honest I'm not sure what team would be willing to give up a quality big for Iguodala. If you have any suggestions I'd be interested to hear them.

thiiis