PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Knicks held little appeal for LeBron

JordansBulls
12-17-2010, 12:00 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?columnist=windhorst_brian&page=lebron-101216

Only LeBron James knows what was truly in his heart and mind last July. But on the first day he became a free agent, the vibe was apparent:

The New York Knicks, the team that had eyed him for years, were already out.

James is in New York with the Heat for the first time since spurning the Knicks' major recruitment pitch last summer. When the Heat play the Knicks on Friday (7 p.m. ET on ESPN), it will probably be the first time James comes to Madison Square Garden to actually play a meaningful game in his career. James and the Knicks have never been in the playoffs in the same season, much less played a game with postseason ramifications.

The last several years, his visits to New York have been little more than veiled flirtation from both parties, then plenty of James dominating weak Knicks teams.

All of it was supposed to lead to fireworks come July 1, 2010, when the Knicks would have huge salary-cap space and the draw of Broadway. But all that build-up turned out to massively outsize the reality.

Don't let the Yankees cap fool you. New York was never in the forefront of LeBron's mind.

"I considered all the six teams that I had my free agent meetings with," James said diplomatically Wednesday night. "It wasn't that New York wasn't the right fit, it just wasn't the best fit."

Read it this way: The Knicks were ultimately in the same boat as the Los Angeles Clippers.

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 12:02 AM
the knicks were ultimately in the same boat as the los angeles clippers.

lol......

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Thats what im saying why would he want to go there? A losing franchise for years and all the Knicks presented to him was showing off NY.

Draco
12-17-2010, 12:07 AM
"It wasn't that New York wasn't the right fit, it just wasn't the best fit."

Lebron pulled a George Costanza, "it's not you, it's me."

PC
12-17-2010, 12:11 AM
"I considered all the six teams that I had my free agent meetings with," James said diplomatically Wednesday night. "It wasn't that New York wasn't the right fit, it just wasn't the best fit."

That's the only part in the article that had substance. So basically, since we're playing the Heat tomorrow I'm assuming the question was "why didn't you sign with the Knicks?"

At the end of the day, five of the six teams "weren't the best fit."

IAmKira
12-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Great just when PSD was about to move on, we get another thread ABOUT LBJ

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 12:13 AM
this should be closed. the anti-knick slurs are too much. this seems to be more of a blog than an actually article. the writer has a clear bias against the Knicks.

JordansBulls, this is an absolute joke.

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Great just when PSD was about to move on, we get another thread ABOUT LBJ

and the knicks

PC
12-17-2010, 12:20 AM
this should be closed. the anti-knick slurs are too much. this seems to be more of a blog than an actually article. the writer has a clear bias against the Knicks.

Only LeBron James knows what was truly in his heart and mind last July. But on the first day he became a free agent, the vibe was apparent:

The New York Knicks, the team that had eyed him for years, were already out.

If only LeBron knew what was on his mind, then how does the writer know we were already out?:eyebrow:

James is in New York with the Heat for the first time since spurning the Knicks' major recruitment pitch last summer. When the Heat play the Knicks on Friday (7 p.m. ET on ESPN), it will probably be the first time James comes to Madison Square Garden to actually play a meaningful game in his career. James and the Knicks have never been in the playoffs in the same season, much less played a game with postseason ramifications.

The last several years, his visits to New York have been little more than veiled flirtation from both parties, then plenty of James dominating weak Knicks teams.

All of it was supposed to lead to fireworks come July 1, 2010, when the Knicks would have huge salary-cap space and the draw of Broadway. But all that build-up turned out to massively outsize the reality.

Nothing to suggest that the Knicks held little appeal for LeBron here...

Don't let the Yankees cap fool you. New York was never in the forefront of LeBron's mind.

Again, how does he know this?

Like I said before, ultimately 5 teams weren't the right fit for him.

Read it this way: The Knicks were ultimately in the same boat as the Los Angeles Clippers.

Yeah pretty biased way to read it. He throws in one actual quote, the rest of the article is useless and from that, he's able to draw this statement. Excellent journalism ESPN:clap:

roshan3ai
12-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Why is this even a thread? No **** the Knicks didn't have enough appeal for LeBron, otherwise he would have signed here. Like PC said, 5/6 teams weren't "the right fit."

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 12:25 AM
If only LeBron knew what was on his mind, then how does the writer know we were already out?:eyebrow:

Yeah pretty biased way to read it. He throws in one actual quote, the rest of the article is useless and from that, he's able to draw this statement. Excellent journalism ESPN:clap:

I love how you quoted me before methodically exposing this BLOG as the pure garbage it really is. (for those of you not smart enough to recognize trash in its purest form)

it seems to me certain people may be getting a little jealous of the Knicks recent spotlight. Lets just hope the Knicks continue to get better, PC :D

baghdadbob
12-17-2010, 12:25 AM
LeBron knows in NY his BS would be picked apart. He made the right choice which is go to a town that does not care about Basketball or Sports for that matter. No scrutiny.

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 12:27 AM

actually the writer is stating what everyone else was stating over the summer. remember all those sources "close" to lebron? so its not like the guy came up with this on his own. knicks had the worst presentation out of all the teams thats why thomas flew to meet lebron. I mean this was all said during the summer, did you all forget? I'm just tired of hearing about the knicks all damn week.

cle12152433
12-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Paul-LeBron-Stoudemire>>>>>>>Miami Big Three

If New York can improve this much based off one player, what does that tell you?

If Carmelo and Paul go to New York, the Knicks, NOT the Heat will be the best team.

Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler are better than ANYONE on the Heat not named Wade, James, or Bosh.

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 12:31 AM
in before close

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 12:31 AM
LeBron would be the only one besides Amare with playoff expierence its not worth the risk. Turiaf and Amare are the only people on the team right now with playoff expierence. Felton made the playoffs once and got the sweep from Orlando.

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 12:32 AM
I love how you quoted me before methodically exposing this BLOG as the pure garbage it really is. (for those of you not smart enough to recognize trash in its purest form)

it seems to me certain people may be getting a little jealous of the Knicks recent spotlight. Lets just hope the Knicks continue to get better, PC :D

more like tired of it. never heard of a team who won eight strait against teams combined with a 71-118 record get this much hype before. the Eastern Sea Port News network is just making you guys disliked, thats all. no ones jealous

SNYmets86
12-17-2010, 12:32 AM
actually the writer is stating what everyone else what stating over the summer. remember all those sources "close" to lebron? so its not like the guy came up with this on his own. knicks had the worst presentation out of all the teams thats why thomas flew to meet lebron. I mean this was all said during the summer, did you all forget? I'm just tired of hearing about the knicks all damn week.

:bla:

Evolution23
12-17-2010, 12:33 AM
We are still talking about Lebron and the Knicks? smh

SNYmets86
more like tired of it. never heard of a team who won eight strait against teams combined with a 71-118 record get this much hype before. the Eastern Sea Port News network is just making you guys disliked, thats all. no ones jealous

ur jealous i know

Kashmir13579

if you say so, D Roses Bulls:)

Draco
LeBron would be the only one besides Amare with playoff expierence its not worth the risk. Turiaf and Amare are the only people on the team right now with playoff expierence. Felton made the playoffs once and got the sweep from Orlando.

Or it could have something to do with Lebron once saying; "They don't play no defense"

NYsFinest
12-17-2010, 12:34 AM
actually the writer is stating what everyone else was stating over the summer. remember all those sources "close" to lebron? so its not like the guy came up with this on his own. knicks had the worst presentation out of all the teams thats why thomas flew to meet lebron. I mean this was all said during the summer, did you all forget? I'm just tired of hearing about the knicks all damn week.

The Bulls were in the same boat as the Clippers...

Hustla23
12-17-2010, 12:35 AM
It's okay.

New York isn't the right place for a sissy, little ***** to be anyway.

D Roses Bulls
:bla:

I would be mad too if I banked the last 3 years on someone and didn't come up with him ;)

NYKnicks4511
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?columnist=windhorst_brian&page=lebron-101216

I don't know how he can say the Knicks were in the same boat as the Clippers . . .
But ultimately I think that LeBron cops so much heat (< lol) just because he was held to another standard as a city's savior, icon, etc.

The more I think about it, he made the best choice to win given that Bosh and Wade had already signed on.

... but I can't help but imagine sometimes how ridiculous an Amare - LeBron pick and roll would be :p

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
Why does this even matter? He's not in Cleveland, NY, LA, CHI, he's in Miami for several more years and that's all that matters.

NYsFinest
12-17-2010, 12:36 AM

Nets were in the same boat as the Clippers...

BigBlueCrew
Thats what im saying why would he want to go there? A losing franchise for years and all the Knicks presented to him was showing off NY.

Wouldn't that hold true for your franchise as well?

D Roses Bulls
The Bulls were in the same boat as the Clippers...

:rolleyes: sure........

Kashmir13579
if this thread stays open its just gonna be D Roses Bulls getting smacked around by intelligent and not so intelligent Knick fans. i for one will not stand for it.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-17-2010, 12:37 AM
i love how things turned out more power to him...

DoMeFavors
Wouldn't that hold true for your franchise as well?

I never thought the Nets would get LeBron at all.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
You guys sound so childish. It doesn't matter who came in second to sign Lebron. All that matters is where all 6 teams stack up today, and if you ask me, the Knicks don't look awful at all.

Draco
12-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Or if you believe harrington

"I knew he wasn't coming to New York," Harrington said at Cox Pavilion, watching the Nuggets during summer-league action. "I knew some of LeBron's sources and knew he never liked New York at all. I'm a New York fan anyway. It would've been nice to have had him there."
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/harrington_miffed_knicks_didn_call_xfTfqbhTKkGswSV jF8H0WJ

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 12:39 AM
if this thread stays open its just gonna be D Roses Bulls getting smacked around by intelligent and not so intelligent Knick fans. i for one will not stand for it.

this is your third post proclaiming you want this thread closed. WE GET IT!!! also im not worried bout getting smacked around, if you represent the knicks fans on here then they are in trouble. hell you got one guy comparing Gallinari to larry bird on his sig, lmao........ I think i'll be ok, lol

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 12:40 AM
My guess for LeBrons picks with his 6
1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. Nets
4. Cavs
5. Knicks
6. Clippers

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 12:42 AM
this is your third post proclaiming you want this thread closed. WE GET IT!!! also im not worried bout getting smacked around, if you represent the knicks fans on here then they are in trouble. hell you got one guy comparing Gallinari to larry bird on his sig, lmao........ I think i'll be ok, lol

Never underestimate the power of denial, D Roses Bulls. Never.

Edit: and while we are on the topic, this is approximately your 6,400th post with absolutely no substance. thats quite a mile-stone

Arch Stanton
Not that it matters... but I think the Knicks were LeBron's third choice. Miami, Chicago, then NYK.

wlhung2
the most appealing thing for lebron obviously was sucking on dwyane wades balls

BigBlueCrew
I never thought the Nets would get LeBron at all.

Ok at least you're realistic.

SNYmets86
12-17-2010, 12:43 AM
keep it up d roses. keep stacking up post. break the record

eXpLiiCt
12-17-2010, 12:45 AM

Not Possible.

Truheatfan
12-17-2010, 12:45 AM
espn needs to get off lebrons **** plain and simple im a heat fan but for the love of god do they have to make a subplot for every team the heat play this year

Evolution23
12-17-2010, 12:46 AM
for thr record Knicks fans don't care about Lebron like you guys think we do..

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 12:46 AM
LOL....... you guys get too riled up to easy. I bet some of you are shaking your computer screens right now yelling "I Hate that guy, oh I wish I could fight him with my limited edition light saber" too funny

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 12:47 AM
for thr record Knicks fans don't care about Lebron like you guys think we do..

The playoffs will be tough for the Knicks without any playoff expierence and the defense all the teams will have against Amare when his scouting report is out.

Evolution23
12-17-2010, 12:48 AM
LOL....... you guys get too riled up to easy. I bet some of you are shaking your computer screens right now yelling "I Hate that guy, oh I wish I could fight him with my limited edition light saber" too funny

actually bro I can see u doing that because your threads are full of hate. U need to spread some love once in a while instead of looking at other team's "short comings"

Evolution23
12-17-2010, 12:49 AM
The playoffs will be tough for the Knicks without any playoff expierence and the defense all the teams will have against Amare when his scouting report is out.

Good point but atleast they will get some experience for the young players.

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 12:50 AM
you guys get too riled up to easy. I bet some of you are shaking your computer screens right now yelling "I Hate that guy, oh I wish I could fight him with my limited edition light saber"

Sigmund Freud and many other world renowned psychologists would contest that you are actually talking about yourself.

BigBlueCrew
12-17-2010, 12:52 AM

Well at least the Nets wont have to worry about it for a while.

Sorry couldnt help it :)

NYtilIdie
And im perfectly happy with Amare.

D Roses Bulls
actually bro I can see u doing that because your threads are full of hate. U need to spread some love once in a while instead of looking at other team's "short comings"

I spread love where its deserved. go back and actually look at my posts from a week ago and im sticking up for the knicks, but some of you guys are taking miami fans lead on here and saying people are jealous or using "u mad" like seriously? and now theres a knicks thread everyday and people had the nerve to go after bulls threads. talk about your typical double standard

Draco
espn needs to get off lebrons **** plain and simple im a heat fan but for the love of god do they have to make a subplot for every team the heat play this year

yeah, it was kind of a pointless article except to appeal to knick fans who might still be a little raw over lebron. i wonder if they'll write anything when the bulls play the heat.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 12:53 AM
who cares. Its after the fact, the Knicks have cap space, and young talent, and will be fine over time. Could they have used LeBron? Um, YES. Will they be fine regardless? Probably

What annoys me most about these constant threads regarding the Knicks, is that sure, they have a monster fan base, so they have a ton of threads. But for crying out loud, they FINALLY have a team with a direction, that wins some games, and are EXCITED about the future of their team for the first time in years. All of you that continue to criticize please tell me you wouldn't be the same

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-17-2010, 12:53 AM
IMO his preference was

Miami
Chicago
New York
Cleveland
New Jersey
LA Clippers

The Bulls were the only team he talked about when Wilbon asked him about the recruiting process after "The Decision". He side-stepped any questions about the Knicks. What a douche.

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Sigmund Freud and many other world renowned psychologists would contest that you are actually talking about yourself.

kashmir, your like my biggest fan on this site. wheres all the hostility coming from? :)

Evolution23
12-17-2010, 12:56 AM
I spread love where its deserved. go back and actually look at my posts from a week ago and im sticking up for the knicks, but some of you guys are taking miami fans lead on here and calling people jealous or using "u mad" like seriously? and now theres a knicks thread everyday and people had the nerve to go after bulls threads. talk about your typical double standard

why do u care if there's a lot of knicks threads? deal with it, they are playing well and they deserve some attention after 10 years of sucking. Last year when there was a million Drose thread, we all dealt with it. Besides we didn't even start the thread its your boy Jordan's Bulls. This whole thing is based on the opinion of one writter with no real sources. So take it for what its worth.

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Well at least the Nets wont have to worry about it for a while.

Sorry couldnt help it :)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!............:eyebrow:
We have a lot of players with expierence

Harris played in finals
Farmar played in finals
Sasha played in finals
Outlaw played in playoffs
LOL Petro started a playoff game in 2010

metsbulls1025
12-17-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't give a **** what this guy has to say. He was going to Miami the moment he hit FA and there isn't anything he or anyone can tell me to change my opinion. The only reason he went and did all those meetings was so he could feel better about himself and see teams throw themselves at him like all of his friends do. I am so sick of him, his interviews, and all of his dumb commercials about his ugly *** shoes.

PC

Yeah I remember Chris Broussard going on ESPN for a month saying he virtually guaranteed LeBron to Chicago. Guess what, they didn't land him so they fall in the same boat at the Knicks, Clippers, Nets, etc.

Yeah 13 of 15 games, a bunch of them away games too. But no you're right, that's nothing.

I would be mad too if I banked the last 3 years on someone and didn't come up with him ;)

Nah we're not mad. Felton, Amare, Gallo, Chandler, Fields, cap flexibility. Things are looking pretty good for us.

"I'm just tired of hearing about the knicks all damn week."

You're the one who seems "riled up":shrug:

Evolution23
who cares. Its after the fact, the Knicks have cap space, and young talent, and will be fine over time. Could they have used LeBron? Um, YES. Will they be fine regardless? Probably

What annoys me most about these constant threads regarding the Knicks, is that sure, they have a monster fan base, so they have a ton of threads. But for crying out loud, they FINALLY have a team with a direction, that wins some games, and are EXCITED about the future of their team for the first time in years. All of you that continue to criticize please tell me you wouldn't be the same

Hawkeye and Evolution23 agree for a 2nd time!

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Hawkeye and Evolution23 agree for a 2nd time!

one more agreement from being bff's dude haha

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 01:00 AM
why do u care if there's a lot of knicks threads? deal with it, they are playing well and they deserve some attention after 10 years of sucking. st. Besides we didn't even start the thread its your boy Jordan's Bulls. This whole thing is based on the opinion of one writter with no real sources. So take it for what its worth.

some of you dealt with it, but a lot of people couldn't handle the rose threads. I'm not blaming your fan base for the threads either. i never said one time you guys need to stop creating these threads cause most of you aren't. and i dont care bout this article really, i just weighed in on all this was speculation during the summer time so its not like the writer pulled it out of his ***. anyways though..... i dont have a problem with the knicks, but some of you guys were attacking the same people for the samethings you guys are doing now like calling people jealous and using "u mad". why attack heat fans when you guys are now saying it?

Chicagofaithful
LeBron knows in NY his BS would be picked apart. He made the right choice which is go to a town that does not care about Basketball or Sports for that matter. No scrutiny.

if this were on facebook i'd like it

PC
With that said, I really am over LeBron. I hate talking about this topic; the Knicks finally have a team I'm happy to watch

xxplayerxx23
12-17-2010, 01:01 AM

Harris played in finals
Farmar played in finals
Sasha played in finals

I belive he meant you wont be making the playoffs for a while so you dont have to worry. I dont agree i think the nets can make some noise after a two more top 3 picks lol

Mayweather&NYK
12-17-2010, 01:02 AM

You know what I dont understand, is the fact that any and all disagreements display such a poor sense of character both for the one baiting and those who fall for the bait. I wish this forum had more class and humility from both sides. I am a NYKnick fan to my heart and even I respect and admire players on the Bulls like D Rose and Noah. I think the Bulls are a very good team and I believe it is great for the NBA that they are in legitimate contention once again. Especially as a knicks fan, one should relish such a storied rivalry. The recent success of both teams have fans excited on each side. This isn't a bad thing. For Bulls fans, please dont think that we will probably ever be on the same page in regards to where we think our respective teams are headed because homerism will play into it. Being competitive is why a forum should be great. All the publicity we have gotten is because we have been a lot worse than the Bulls in recent years and now we are truly coming together and this too is greatr for the NBA. You guys may hate the attention we are getting as some of us may as well depending on our head to head game outcomes and the success of your team. But overall I think the majority of us are tired of seeing such prominence only from the LAL and BOS each year. Its a new year with new rivalries and THIS IS NOT A BAD THING. The prospect on adding someone like Melo to either of our teams is something to get excited about. Bullas fans rationalize how he will end up there as do nets fans and knicks fans, all the while the nuggets fans rationalize how they are in the drivers seat, how he may still re-sign. Guys, this is what being a fan is about. Never letting go of hope for your respective team. Cmon fellas, i dont believe its too much to show some respect to eachother once in a while...
:cheers:

xxplayerxx23
12-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Enough with lebron going to ny or what he thought about ny. the Knicks are doing fine and have amare playing great. We have to worry about winning not what lebron thought about playing in NY. time to move on from this

Evolution23
12-17-2010, 01:03 AM
some of you dealt with it, but a lot of people couldn't handle the rose threads. I'm not blaming your fan base for the threads either. i never said one time you guys need to stop creating these threads cause most of you aren't. and i dont care bout this article really, i just weighed in on all this was speculation during the summer time so its not like the writer pulled it out of his ***. anyways though..... i dont have a problem with the knicks, but some of you guys were attacking the same people for the samethings you guys are doing now like calling people jealous and using "u mad". why attack heat fans when you guys are now saying it?

most of reasonable fans are not "jealous" or "mad." That goes for Bulls fans too. Theres idiots on both sides. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but not everyone has a valid argument. Just chill and dont let people get to u.

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 01:04 AM
kashmir, your like my biggest fan on this site. wheres all the hostility coming from? :)

PSDs finest ladies and gentleman: D Roses Bulls:win:

Evolution23
With that said, I really am over LeBron. I hate talking about this topic; the Knicks finally have a team I'm happy to watch

x2

D Roses Bulls
Yeah I remember Chris Broussard going on ESPN for a month saying he virtually guaranteed LeBron to Chicago. Guess what, they didn't land him so they fall in the same boat at the Knicks, Clippers, Nets, etc.

Yeah 13 of 15 games, a bunch of them away games too. But no you're right, that's nothing.

Nah we're not mad. Felton, Amare, Gallo, Chandler, Fields, cap flexibility. Things are looking pretty good for us.

and ok broussard said that from may to june, but like i said its not like this writer pulled it from his butt. this was all being said during the meetings and after the meeting with lebron in july. you are saying he's giving his opinion, but its not just his and him saying all of it, it was practically all the media as well.

13 out of 15 away games? you guys use that now but weren't you guys making fun of miami for the exact same thing? but its your team so its okay? that doesnt make sense. fair is fair, i havent been miamis biggest fan this season, but you guys cant talk about them when your doing the samething

and look at how many people quoted me, im not the one riled up :)

hugepatsfan
12-17-2010, 01:05 AM
What a terrible article. They decided that because Lebron didn't sign there that they were last. Lebron said that Miami was a better fit in his mind and the reporter jumped to the conclusion that he hates NY. ****ing ridiculous.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 01:05 AM
You know what I dont understand, is the fact that any and all disagreements display such a poor sense of character both for the one baiting and those who fall for the bait. I wish this forum had more class and humility from both sides. I am a NYKnick fan to my heart and even I respect and admire players on the Bulls like D Rose and Noah. I think the Bulls are a very good team and I believe it is great for the NBA that they are in legitimate contention once again. Especially as a knicks fan, one should relish such a storied rivalry. The recent success of both teams have fans excited on each side. This isn't a bad thing. For Bulls fans, please dont think that we will probably ever be on the same page in regards to where we think our respective teams are headed because homerism will play into it. Being competitive is why a forum should be great. All the publicity we have gotten is because we have been a lot worse than the Bulls in recent years and now we are truly coming together and this too is greatr for the NBA. You guys may hate the attention we are getting as some of us may as well depending on our head to head game outcomes and the success of your team. But overall I think the majority of us are tired of seeing such prominence only from the LAL and BOS each year. Its a new year with new rivalries and THIS IS NOT A BAD THING. The prospect on adding someone like Melo to either of our teams is something to get excited about. Bullas fans rationalize how he will end up there as do nets fans and knicks fans, all the while the nuggets fans rationalize how they are in the drivers seat, how he may still re-sign. Guys, this is what being a fan is about. Never letting go of hope for your respective team. Cmon fellas, i dont believe its too much to show some respect to eachother once in a while...
:cheers:

great post. And you are beyond right.

Draco
12-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Actually Broussard said the free agent market was fluid. the only person making guarantees was SAS.

nyanks79

Like you finally have a player in Love that your really excited about, so you keep his 30/30 thread open for a month haha. Ive started scoreboard watching already. Its pathetic. It will happen soon for you and the wolves.

D Roses Bulls
i'm done smackin' you around for tonight. i'm sure i will have plenty of other opportunities. it actually is becoming less fun as i grow more familiar with your post quality. you make it far too easy. :moon:

PSDs finest ladies and gentleman: D Roses Bulls:win:

thats the thing kashmir, you keep claiming you smack people around, but wheres the evidence? you had no replies really for what ive been saying to you. unless its opposite day today, i think your confused

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 01:07 AM
I belive he meant you wont be making the playoffs for a while so you dont have to worry. I dont agree i think the nets can make some noise after a two more top 3 picks lol

Well the Nets are only 3 games behind 8th seed so it isnt that hard to make the playoffs if trades are made. I doubt the NETS go to the draft, Avery and Prokrov want to win now and will do anything to make it. Plus the Nets will have around 27 million in cap so if we sign Richardson and Jamal Crawford and make some trades we can easily be a top team in the EAST.
Harris
Richardson
Outlaw
Favors
Lopez
6-man Jamal Crawford
make a trade with 5 picks aint bad

SensandRaps
really knicks had little appeal to lebron...i was wondering why he signed with the heat(sarcasm). are you serious about this thread? we finally get away from all the lebron hate threads on here and you post this up :facepalm:

Mayweather&NYK
great post. And you are beyond right.

Thanks man, I too am guilty of immaturity at times, but enough is enough...its getting old.....this season isnt even near the halfway mark, imagine how its gunna be once both teams start grooving.....too much hate man

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 01:08 AM
and ok broussard said that from may to june, but like i said its not like this writer pulled it from his butt. this was all being said during the meetings and after the meeting with lebron in july. you are saying he's giving his opinion, but its not just his and him saying all of it, it was practically all the media as well.

13 out of 15 away games? you guys use that now but weren't you guys making fun of miami for the exact same thing? but its your team so its okay? that doesnt make sense.

and look at how many people quoted me, im not the one riled up :)

My mom always told me, if you are involved in most/all the arguments, you probably have a lot to do with the cause of them.

Just saying

HOZ THE KNICK
12-17-2010, 01:09 AM
the dude made moves can't be mad at all life goes on, lebron and amare would of been unfair though...

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 01:11 AM
people are too damn sensitive, i say im tired of hearing about the knicks and i actually am saying ESPN is right for once with what they said in this article, and people get mad? what did this guy say that you didnt hear all summer during the lebron meeting with the knicks and after? cause what he said we already all heard. i htink some of you mistaken that for an insult. anyways im done with this.

xxplayerxx23
12-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Well the Nets are only 3 games behind 8th seed so it isnt that hard to make the playoffs if trades are made. I doubt the NETS go to the draft, Avery and Prokrov want to win now and will do anything to make it. Plus the Nets will have around 27 million in cap so if we sign Richardson and Jamal Crawford and make some trades we can easily be a top team in the EAST.
Harris
Richardson
Outlaw
Favors
Lopez
6-man Jamal Crawford

IF they make a trade then yeah they can make a run at the 8 seed., If they dont then no. They have talent. a good pg a good c and an upcoming kid Favors , One more top pick can get you in the playoffs even without free agents plus you have some good money left. No doubt nets can be good next year, I dont see playoffs this year though sorry.

Evolution23
Can we start talking about Melo now? haha

Maichan
Harris
Richardson
Outlaw
Favors
Lopez
6-man Jamal Crawford

Actions speaks louder than words. This is all talk.
Right now you're practically last.
When you actually get these people (which sucks anyway) then come back to talk more smack.
kthnxbye.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 01:13 AM
people are too damn sensitive, i say im tired of hearing about the knicks and i actually am saying ESPN is right for once with what they said in this article, and people get mad? what did this guy say that you didnt hear all summer during the lebron meeting with the knicks and after? cause what he said we already all heard. i htink some of you mistaken that for an insult. anyways im done with this.

hey there, I am PSD. Have we met?

Sadds The Gr8
12-17-2010, 01:13 AM

Owned?

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 01:14 AM
My mom always told me, if you are involved in most/all the arguments, you probably have a lot to do with the cause of them.

Just saying

I didn't know giving my opinion and correcting someone was so wrong . I mean look what i said that started all of this. by actually agreeing with ESPN for once and saying im tired of hearing about this subject when people on this site say that all the time on a bunch of other subject such as rose,kobe, lebron, the heat, and ect.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Can we start talking about Melo now? haha

no....this thread will really get ugly......he's property of the nuggets :)

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 01:15 AM
IF they make a trade then yeah they can make a run at the 8 seed., If they dont then no. They have talent. a good pg a good c and an upcoming kid Favors , One more top pick can get you in the playoffs even without free agents plus you have some good money left. No doubt nets can be good next year, I dont see playoffs this year though sorry.

I dont either, im just saying the lack of scorer is killing the Nets, with all the picks we have we can make moves by the deadline or in the off season. Especially with a lot of teams that dont have bright futures like bobcats and cavs.

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 01:16 AM
thats the thing kashmir, you keep claiming you smack people around, but wheres the evidence? you had no replies really for what ive been saying to you. unless its opposite day today, i think your confused

i said smack "you" around. and i'm not the only one. get it right.

"opposite day" ROFL

its only funny because its not funny at all

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Actions speaks louder than words. This is all talk.
Right now you're practically last.
When you actually get these people (which sucks anyway) then come back to talk more smack.
kthnxbye.

I didnt talk smack at all? I didnt even once talk up my favorite team. You sound immature and have 5 posts. Learn the forum then talk. KTHANKSBYE

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 01:17 AM
i said smack "you" around. and i'm not the only one. get it right.

I think half of your posts on this site are quoting me. you have to be president of my fan club.

xxplayerxx23
12-17-2010, 01:18 AM
I dont either, im just saying the lack of scorer is killing the Nets, with all the picks we have we can make moves by the deadline or in the off season. Especially with a lot of teams that dont have bright futures like bobcats and cavs.

Maybe you guys can steal wallace or jackson, they would be great fit for that team. Then you never know maybe playoffs this year, it all depnds on the trades they make this year.

The GEEEEE Men
12-17-2010, 01:18 AM

The OP was to bait Knick fans. So you agreeing with it just means your baiting as well.

el_primo_nano
12-17-2010, 01:19 AM
I dont blame him, the Knicks didnt look good up till this year. He might have different thoughts now..

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Maybe you guys can steal wallace or jackson, they would be great fit for that team. Then you never know maybe playoffs this year, it all depnds on the trades they make this year.

I mean a worse bench, rookie Brook Lopez and decling Vince Carter got the Nets 34 wins a couple years ago. All they need is a Stephen Jackson type and chemistry in my opinion.

Maichan
I didnt talk smack at all? I didnt even once talk up my favorite team. You sound immature and have 5 posts. Learn the forum then talk. KTHANKSBYE

http://stormtyy.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/cool_story_bro.jpg

BigBlueCrew
Harris
Richardson
Outlaw
Favors
Lopez
6-man Jamal Crawford

That is actually what I meant about not making the playoffs. You realize in your statement you used an if and an doubt to describe the current status of the nets, are there any hard statements to your team at the moment?

You gotta love Nets fans always talking about their pieces. Its like a hoodrat when they describe their car. They slap on a spoiler, butterfly doors, brembo brakes, and a lambo decal, but in the end you still gotta remind them they're still driving a hyundai.

Oh well...

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 01:21 AM
The OP was to bait Knick fans. So you agreeing with it just means your baiting as well.

but I didn't create the thread...... it's not like i came in here and were like the knicks suck or anything. i didnt even get nasty till people got their panties bunched up. the sad thing is, i stuck up for you guys all summer and up till a week ago, but people like kashmir makes it really easy to not do that anymore.

xxplayerxx23
12-17-2010, 01:22 AM
I mean a worse bench, rookie Brook Lopez and decling Vince Carter got the Nets 34 wins a couple years ago. All they need is a Stephen Jackson type and chemistry in my opinion.

agree. If they add jackson to that team without giving up anybody (just picks) and pick up maybe a soild role player they can make the playoffs this year, I dont think jackson is on the market but maybe by the deadline he will be.

D1JM
12-17-2010, 01:23 AM
I seriously dont blame him that he signed with the heat. With all the **** that was going down with his mom and d west, and having the best chance of joining future hof, miami wasnt a hard choice. His second best choice would of been the bulls, but we all understand that the MJ shadow is to great to fulfill.

Sir Buckets
12-17-2010, 01:24 AM
You can tell a lot about him by the destination he chose. He'll probably go down as one of the best players ever, but not one of the greatest.

Just think about what he turned down. It's mind boggling. New York ****ing City and MSG, the most legendary arena in the world. Chicago, playing for some of, if not the, most loyal fans in basketball, in the cathedral Jordan graced. Two fantastic cities with passionate fans hungry for the sport of basketball. He could've made the Garden crackle with electricity again; the UC roar with excitement.

Instead, he's going to waste away the prime years of his career in that mediocre thing they call the American Airlines arena, playing sidekick to Dwyane Wade and having to tolerate that ********, self-absorbed dinosaur, in front of all those empty and halfheartedly filled seats. He could win the next 10 championships, and it wouldn't mean anything.

Let that sink in.

It's good though. I'm not "mad" at all. I'm happy he made the decision he made. People have turned against him and he's finally being exposed for who he really is.

The GEEEEE Men
12-17-2010, 01:25 AM
but I didn't create the thread...... it's not like i came in here and were like the knicks suck or anything. i didnt even get nasty till people got their panties bunched up. the sad thing is, i stuck up for you guys all summer and up till a week ago, but people like kashmir makes it really easy to not do that anymore.

To be honest it doesn't matter cause I'm sure this thread won't be open for long

madiaz3
12-17-2010, 01:26 AM
Harris
Richardson
Outlaw
Favors
Lopez
6-man Jamal Crawford

this is in no way a top team in the east, sorry.

RangersMets
12-17-2010, 01:28 AM
I see a lot of wining and baiting. There are a few posts that sort out the good from the bad, but they are far and in between. In the end, this thread never should have been created. I feel like at least half the threads in the NBA Forum are created with the question in mind "How good of a topic is this for baiting?"

D1JM
12-17-2010, 01:30 AM
I see a lot of wining and baiting. There are a few posts that sort out the good from the bad, but they are far and in between. In the end, this thread never should have been created. I feel like at least half the threads in the NBA Forum are created with the question in mind "How good of a topic is this for baiting?"

or it turns out to be a _________ vs _________

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 01:35 AM
this is in no way a top team in the east, sorry.

Why not if Favors develops more and Lopez learns how to rebound. Plus a lot of playoffs teams right now in years to come will be done. Celtics will lose KG, Allen , Pierce within the next 3 years.

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Why not if Favors develops more and Lopez learns how to rebound. Plus a lot of playoffs teams right now in years to come will be done. Celtics will lose KG, Allen , Pierce within the next 3 years.

See what a productive thread this is...? you have D Roses Bulls running wild upset about a lack of Rose threads; and now DoMeFavors is talking about a Nets playoff birth in 2014.

:facepalm:(googolplex)... now distribute.

justinnum1
12-17-2010, 01:47 AM
Why are people getting mad about what he said?

THE MTL
12-17-2010, 01:51 AM
First of all, never use the Knicks and Clippers with the word "same" ever again!

RangersMets
12-17-2010, 01:52 AM

Ah, this is what we call playing dumb, girls and boys.

You see, sir, what this fine young blogger wrote may qualify for multiple instances of infractions and lead to very little good on a Sports Forum, such as we have here, because it is a topic that has been thoroughly covered by anything remotely related to sports for the last 2 years.

I feel like JordanBulls creating a thread like this could be cited as an instance of "Necro-ing."...

RangersMets
12-17-2010, 01:54 AM
First of all, never use the Knicks and Clippers with the word "same" ever again!

The Knicks and Clippers play the same sport in the same league; however, their abilities to play said game is not nearly the same. Bananoramaninethousand.

SNYmets86
12-17-2010, 02:14 AM
____ bulls is the worse , pointless threads half the times ,now that is annoying . coming into the nba forum and looking at it:facepalm:

oak2455
12-17-2010, 02:19 AM

his mom too:D

P-O-Z
12-17-2010, 02:20 AM
Paul-LeBron-Stoudemire>>>>>>>Miami Big Three

If New York can improve this much based off one player, what does that tell you?

If Carmelo and Paul go to New York, the Knicks, NOT the Heat will be the best team.

Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler are better than ANYONE on the Heat not named Wade, James, or Bosh.

Rightttt becuase mike miller is a scrub ? and the system they have implemented is not the reason they are so efficient ? God dammit :facepalm:

oak2455
12-17-2010, 02:22 AM

I dont.... I think hes comical. Didnt he need people to guide him in the right direction..FUNNY:D

Sir Buckets
12-17-2010, 02:23 AM
Rightttt becuase mike miller is a scrub ? and the system they have implemented is not the reason they are so efficient ? God dammit :facepalm:CP3 + Melo + Stat > LeBron + Wade + Bosh. Not individually of course, but they compliment each other better.

D-Leethal
12-17-2010, 02:26 AM

Wow, an honest, objective, non hate filled opinion about an opposing team...........was not aware these existed on the NBA forum

Do you realize how many posts a day you need to have nearly 6500 in 2 years?

P-O-Z
12-17-2010, 02:31 AM
CP3 + Melo + Stat > LeBron + Wade + Bosh. Not individually of course, but they compliment each other better.

IMO the key is cp3 , BUT then again defense wins championships and a D'Antoni coached team certainly doesnt play D .

cle12152433
12-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Rightttt becuase mike miller is a scrub ? and the system they have implemented is not the reason they are so efficient ? God dammit :facepalm:

Mike Miller was relevent three years ago. He was garbage in Minnesota, he was garbage in Washington, and why the Heat give a 30 year old with an injury history a five year contract is beyond me. Not to mention his career in Miami has already been hit with a 4 month stint on the DL.

The Heat have James Jones and Eddie House, both of whom are more than capable of hitting the three, which is why they got Miller, no? Not to mention, Miller has to have the ball in his hands to make threes, and with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, and Chalmers capable of hitting from downtown anyway, he is just a fill-in to make the starting roster look even better.

Danilo Gallinari is young, he can cut and drive to the hoop better, and he has no where to go but up. Miller has reached his peak, and his numbers will take a hit once he returns.

AND in the playoffs, Miller has a .125 3 point pct and averages 8 points per game. Whoopty doo.

Im not sitting here saying Mike Miller is a scrub. He has hit a great many shots, but at 30 and with an injury history and on a team with 3 stars, he has no where to go. Now when Paul and Carmelo go to NY, Im sure Gallo's stats will drop. But at least he is young.

BkOriginalOne
12-17-2010, 02:38 AM
Lebron and Blake Griffin? Wow.

P-O-Z
12-17-2010, 02:43 AM
Mike Miller was relevent three years ago. He was garbage in Minnesota, he was garbage in Washington, and why the Heat give a 30 year old with an injury history a five year contract is beyond me. Not to mention his career in Miami has already been hit with a 4 month stint on the DL.

The Heat have James Jones and Eddie House, both of whom are more than capable of hitting the three, which is why they got Miller, no? Not to mention, Miller has to have the ball in his hands to make threes, and with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh capable of hitting from downtown, he is just a fill-in to make the starting roster look good.

Danilo Gallinari is young, he can cut and drive to the hoop better, and he has no where to go but up. Miller has reached his peak, and his numbers will take a hit once he returns.

AND in the playoffs, Miller has a .125 3 point pct and averages 8 points per game. Whoopty doo.

Im not sitting here saying Mike Miller is a scrub. He has hit a great many shots, but at 30 and with an injury history and on a team with 3 stars, he has no where to go. Now when Paul and Carmelo go to NY, Im sure Gallo's stats will drop. But at least he is young.

Listen in that system anyone can generate points , and lets be honest here who did miller have in washington and minny that could open up the floor for shooters like him, like wade and bron can ? Thats his role just shoot and occasionally he can put the ball on the floor . Now on to New York again the key is getting CP3 and thats if they do .

NYK|NYY
12-17-2010, 03:00 AM
If there aren't ten new Lebron threads a day, I can't function

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 03:27 AM
Wow, an honest, objective, non hate filled opinion about an opposing team...........was not aware these existed on the NBA forum

I'm a post whore, whats your point? I always have something to say. besides if you wanna rag on some people theres people that been on this site in shorter time then me and have more then me.

Sadds The Gr8
12-17-2010, 03:36 AM
I'm a post whore, whats your point? I always have something to say. besides if you wanna rag on some people theres people that been on this site in shorter time then me and have more then me.

i agree but i'm not a post whore. I just comment in more forums than most others. I use NBA, NFL, Raps, Colts, MMA, Wrestling, GD (sometimes), MLB (rarely). I use alot of forums, therefore i have more comments.

Raph12
12-17-2010, 03:38 AM
Lebron and Stat would've made a great pnr though...

Knicks21
12-17-2010, 03:49 AM

Showing of Atlantic City? A 12 Win team. I can guarantee you that the Nets are in the same boat.

29$JerZ
12-17-2010, 03:57 AM
My guess for LeBrons picks with his 6
1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. Nets
4. Cavs
5. Knicks
6. Clippers

Yes because NJ obviously had a lot going for itself this summer with Outlaw, missing out on Wall and the fact they still are one of the worst teams in the East....

It's Miami/Chicago/NY/Cavs/NJ/Clippers

IMO his preference was

Miami
Chicago
New York
Cleveland
New Jersey
LA Clippers

The Bulls were the only team he talked about when Wilbon asked him about the recruiting process after "The Decision". He side-stepped any questions about the Knicks. What a douche.

Bingo

Your tired of hearing about the Knicks but have the time to let your opinion be heard in a Knicks thread you don't have to be in and apparently don't want to be in..
As for the article it is nothing more than garbage and an insult to NY.
Only 1 sentence had any credible journalism which was the quote, the rest was babble about some nonsense he formulated from his own opinion making it into a fact...

Owned?
More like self fail. Baseless statement

It's dumb with no credible facts to support his opinions

Records should speak for themselves.

29$JerZ
12-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Also as for the whole NY resurgence thing if you truly don't like all the news NY is getting stay clear of any threads about NY....

Is it so hard to not see a NY thread and say "again? I'm not even going to bother"
Rather than just adding useless input to a subject you care nothing about yet have no problem posting in every NY related piece...

NY is back hence the threads. It's not any different than what Miami went through, Chicago and its woes before Derrick, etc

D1JM
12-17-2010, 04:04 AM

wish the same could be said about the bulls.

ElMarroAfamado
12-17-2010, 05:20 AM
haha everyone knows he wanted to whatever was the easiest route to playoff mediocrity...being the "man" in cleveland was too much and he couldnt handle it...he failed...with all the expectations (except from realists like me) that they would win the title ....now...the same thing is going to happen but with the Heat....but it seems no one is paying attention to the Heat anymore and their "Winning streak" because i think everyone has come to the realization the heat are just a sideshow with no real shot at winning a title...maybe in like 5 years

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 05:49 AM
keep it up d roses. keep stacking up post. break the record

Never underestimate the power of denial, D Roses Bulls. Never.
and while we are on the topic, this is approximately your 6,400th post with absolutely no substance. thats quite a mile-stone

Just saying

See what a productive thread this is...? you have D Roses Bulls running wild upset about a lack of Rose threads; and now DoMeFavors is talking about a Nets playoff birth in 2014.

:facepalm:(googolplex)... now distribute.

Your tired of hearing about the Knicks but have the time to let your opinion be heard in a Knicks thread you don't have to be in and apparently don't want to be in..
Only 1 sentence had any credible journalism which was the quote, the rest was babble about some nonsense he formulated from his own opinion making it into a fact...

^^^

Looks like my prediction was correct :shrug:

Antipod
12-17-2010, 07:33 AM
why da **** u needed to bring this up again??...and u are a MOD *** ****

airronijordan
12-17-2010, 07:36 AM
this writer clearly has no sources (and im a Knick fan who didnt want Lebron)....but Stephen A Smith who predicted the Miami Big Three said the night before the decision that Lebron is still leaning towards Heat but could end up in NY for a bigger payday. Broussard the night before also said the Knicks were up there with the Bulls and Heat...Ill take Stephen A's sources anyday over Windhorst sources

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 07:51 AM

^^^

Looks like my prediction was correct :shrug:

I don't think you realize what smacking around means..... kashmir, your the reason they invented parental control. oh by the way, quoting your self in your own post? LMAO....... again, I dont think you know the meaning of smacking down. anyways get some rest, were having a D Roses Bulls fan club meeting tomorrow and I'm going to need you to take some notes since you are the president. :)

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Yes because NJ obviously had a lot going for itself this summer with Outlaw, missing out on Wall and the fact they still are one of the worst teams in the East....

It's Miami/Chicago/NY/Cavs/NJ/Clippers

Bingo

More like self fail. Baseless statement

It's dumb with no credible facts to support his opinions

Records should speak for themselves.

:confused: Do you see any "Journalism" in this story? AGAIN and pay close attention. The writer of this article is just restating AGAIN what every other sports writer/ ESPN "expert" was just saying over the summer. Really no journalism in this article at all. I don;t understand what is so hard for some of you to see that. oh and by the way, Ive seen you in many of threads letting your opinion be heard about how you are tired of something of a certain subject. so thats kind of hypocritical for you to ask me the same thing.

omdigga
12-17-2010, 08:27 AM
we get it... he didnt choose ny.. how long is this gonna drag along.. stupid thread..

29$JerZ
12-17-2010, 08:34 AM
:confused: Do you see any "Journalism" in this story? AGAIN and pay close attention. The writer of this article is just restating AGAIN what every other sports writer/ ESPN "expert" was just saying over the summer. Really no journalism in this article at all. I don;t understand what is so hard for some of you to see that. oh and by the way, Ive seen you in many of threads letting your opinion be heard about how you are tired of something of a certain subject. so thats kind of hypocritical for you to ask me the same thing.

What every sport writer was saying? More like a select few.
NY was in the LeBron sweepstakes all the way until Broussard started raving about how its clearly Chicago after doing loopy loops with NJ/NY/Miami/etc

Complaining about a teams recent success and yet posting in it in response to the subject makes no sense. No one is saying don't post your opinion but it makes little sense to say I'm tired of all these Knick threads yet you attempt to contribute to them with your opinion. Just prolonging what you dislike.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 09:16 AM
wish the same could be said about the bulls.

I think it should be. Honestly, I never get the posters who just come on here to shell other teams.

We are here for basketball DISCUSSION, not to crap on every team but our own.

latinofire21
12-17-2010, 09:34 AM

Good thing your not hearing about the Knicks all week. Your reading about the Knicks all week. If you dont want to READ about the knicks all week you dont have to click the link for the thread.

The article is clearly just a filler piece before the game tonight. There is no merit in the article. Its like me saying before the Yankees lost to the Rangers that the Yankees had no chance to defeat the Rangers. The game was decided before the first pitch was ever thrown. Yes the Yankees lost the series but by no means did anyone know for sure that was going to happen.

Everything being thrown out during the off season was all speculation. Nobody knew where he was going until the day before his decision when people started saying Miami.

If you want to use ESPN speculation as fact then someone should make a post about how Broussard was talking about the Knicks being Lebrons best choice in hindsight after seeing all the teams in action. I should make a post about that!

latinofire21
12-17-2010, 09:37 AM

I think your jealous. They deserve the hype since they have stunk for a decade. I think your mad because Stoudemire is a bigger MVP candidate the D Rose.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 09:58 AM
I think your jealous. They deserve the hype since they have stunk for a decade. I think your mad because Stoudemire is a bigger MVP candidate the D Rose.

how so? Unless you mean because Amare is taller...

They are both legit candidates, no one better than the other at this point. Losing Noah for a long period of time will hurt bad, but the Bulls are still making the playoffs, as are the Knicks in all probability. But both are about as equal as you get, chance wise, at the MVP

xxplayerxx23
12-17-2010, 10:10 AM
This is getting bad . EVery post is talking **** about either Nets knicks heat or lebron lol Surpised they didnt close it:)

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-17-2010, 10:15 AM

Harris played in finals
Farmar played in finals
Sasha played in finals

So much experience but y'all struggle to win games..

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 10:33 AM
What every sport writer was saying? More like a select few.
NY was in the LeBron sweepstakes all the way until Broussard started raving about how its clearly Chicago after doing loopy loops with NJ/NY/Miami/etc

Complaining about a teams recent success and yet posting in it in response to the subject makes no sense. No one is saying don't post your opinion but it makes little sense to say I'm tired of all these Knick threads yet you attempt to contribute to them with your opinion. Just prolonging what you dislike.

come on man...... it wasn't a select few and I'm not talking about before broussard said about chicago, im talking about during and after. when lebron had the meetings with the knicks, all we heard was that the knicks supposedly blew it. then we heard that lebron was choosing the knicks all along, then we heard right afterwords the knicks were in the same boat then the clippers and how thomas is flying to ohio to talk to lebron. this only happen 5 months ago. you couldn't already have forgotten. when i first posted, i said i was tired of these threads, and you can check the time, not even what? 5 minutes after wards people started saying the writer was making stuff up, so i was correcting them. so again..... whats the deal? and its not like you have never done this before and you can't deny that. everyone has.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
This is the one warning you will get. Please keep this about basketball and the discussion on topic. If there is any more baiting, the thread is closed and actions will be taken on those users. This is not a subject worth getting infractions over. Seriously guys.

Thank you

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
I realize people want to talk about this, just keep it civil.

Weezy
12-17-2010, 10:42 AM
You can tell a lot about him by the destination he chose. He'll probably go down as one of the best players ever, but not one of the greatest.

Just think about what he turned down. It's mind boggling. New York ****ing City and MSG, the most legendary arena in the world. Chicago, playing for some of, if not the, most loyal fans in basketball, in the cathedral Jordan graced. Two fantastic cities with passionate fans hungry for the sport of basketball. He could've made the Garden crackle with electricity again; the UC roar with excitement.

Instead, he's going to waste away the prime years of his career in that mediocre thing they call the American Airlines arena, playing sidekick to Dwyane Wade and having to tolerate that ********, self-absorbed dinosaur, in front of all those empty and halfheartedly filled seats. He could win the next 10 championships, and it wouldn't mean anything.

Let that sink in.

It's good though. I'm not "mad" at all. I'm happy he made the decision he made. People have turned against him and he's finally being exposed for who he really is.

This has been the best post I have seen from this thread. Good post sir.

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 10:53 AM

I'm not jealous, the bulls are doing great, why would i be jealous? and how is stoudmire a bigger mvp candidate? every poll ive seen had rose ahead of stoudemire, but thats a different story

NYYCowboys
12-17-2010, 10:53 AM

Absolutely agree this thread still being open is a testament to what a joke the NBA forum and their mods are.

uprightciti
12-17-2010, 10:58 AM
so lame

lebron < amare

latinofire21
12-17-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm not jealous, the bulls are doing great, why would i be jealous? and how is stoudmire a bigger mvp candidate? every poll ive seen had rose ahead of stoudemire, but thats a different story

Player of the month for the Eastern Conference tells me to look otherwise! Rose and Amare both in east Amare was crowned! I would say Amare is ahead

Hawkeye15
12-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Player of the month for the Eastern Conference tells me to look otherwise! Rose and Amare both in east Amare was crowned! I would say Amare is ahead

what about the 1st month, when Rose was vastly outplaying him?

Point is, they are both MVP candidates, at the moment.

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 11:19 AM

why do you have to side track the thread? last month howard and williams won it. are you thinking player of the week? cause rose has won that too. here is ESPN award watch, also NBA.com is saying the same thing too just incase you were curious.

http://espn.go.com/nba/awards

Weezy
12-17-2010, 11:30 AM

Look enough of this bogus arguing. We both lost in getting Lebron.. there is nothing we can do. Both of our teams are having success without him and both will have better future anyways. Right now I know both Knicks and Bulls fans can agree that right now we much rather just beating him rather than him joining either one of our squads.

drama1386
12-17-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm actually happy that the knicks are playing really well. it seems to be good for basketball. amar'e is one of my all time favorites as I have followed him since his rookie year and I'm happy to see that he is playing so well. and the excitement that all of the knick fans are feeling is something I can relate to. after the bucks surprised the league last season, us bucks fans were really excited that the team was starting to turn it around.

xxcubs22xx
12-17-2010, 12:35 PM
lol anyone who's paid attention to the NBA over the last year knows the Knicks didn't appeal to Lebron...

D-Leethal
12-17-2010, 12:39 PM

I can guarantee you in those threads 29 probably said his piece and that was all.......its completely ridiculous to complain about another Knick thread and than have 30+ posts in that same thread. If you truly are sick of Knick threads why post 30+ times in them and check them 30+ times a day ? Does that make any sense?

come on man...... it wasn't a select few and I'm not talking about before broussard said about chicago, im talking about during and after. when lebron had the meetings with the knicks, all we heard was that the knicks supposedly blew it. then we heard that lebron was choosing the knicks all along, then we heard right afterwords the knicks were in the same boat then the clippers and how thomas is flying to ohio to talk to lebron. this only happen 5 months ago. you couldn't already have forgotten. when i first posted, i said i was tired of these threads, and you can check the time, not even what? 5 minutes after wards people started saying the writer was making stuff up, so i was correcting them. so again..... whats the deal? and its not like you have never done this before and you can't deny that. everyone has.

The night before the decision the Knicks were the frontrunners in nearly everyones book, that next morning it was all Heat. Bulls were hot for the early part of the offseason but kept falling lower and lower (if you are taking the reporters words for it)............I think its obvious Lebrons camp was throwing as much crap out there to stir the pot endlessly during this whole process, anyone who acts like they actually know who Lebron would have preferred is just going to have a useless argument with no facts to base it on.....IMO it was Heat all along and because of his narcissistic complex he wanted to drag everything out and hype every city

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 04:45 PM
how is this not closed... its been constant baiting, constant insults, no discussion actually relating to basketball, and now its turned into an MVP debate between Rose and Stat. gimme a break dude.

to think Jordansbulls has the nerve to move/lock other legitimate threads. :facepalm:

Khalifa21
12-17-2010, 04:58 PM
why do you have to side track the thread? last month howard and williams won it. are you thinking player of the week? cause rose has won that too. here is ESPN award watch, also NBA.com is saying the same thing too just incase you were curious.

http://espn.go.com/nba/awards

I don't think so...

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/12/17/race-to-mvp-week8/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Amare is no MVP, MVPS usually win and Amare hasnt proved he is a winner yet with the Knicks.

D Roses Bulls
12-17-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't think so...

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/12/17/race-to-mvp-week8/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I was talkin bout last weeks. didnt even know nba.com's came out today, thought they come out monday.

Weezy
12-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Amare is no MVP, MVPS usually win and Amare hasnt proved he is a winner yet with the Knicks.

Yea with the Knicks he has got plenty to prove.

Khalifa21
12-17-2010, 05:16 PM

Yeah, scoring 30 points in 9 consecutive games whilst leading your team to 13 wins in their last 15 games (averaging 31/10 in those 15 games), whilst helping the Knicks to a winning record for the first time in ages isn't any proof is it?

I was talkin bout last weeks. didnt even know nba.com's came out today, thought they come out monday.

Well the most recent one has Amar'e above Rose so...

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Hes doing well but its not just all about pts. I would say Manu is probably the MVP right now.

godolphins
12-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Translation: NY is not the best place in the world it's all hype :D

D-Leethal
12-17-2010, 06:10 PM

So far he has the Knicks with their best record after 26 games in a decade. So far he has proven he is a winner with the Knicks. What has he shown he is a loser or something? All we have is 25 games to base off of, and so far he has passed the test with regards to being a winner or not.....no point of predicting whether he will maintain this because nobody knows for sure, but at this point in time he is top 3 MVP candidate and WINNING

Translation: NY is not the best place in the world it's all hype :D

Another translation: Being 'the man' in an intense media market with a passionate fan base who lives and bleeds basketball is too much pressure, much easier to play second fiddle DWade in a soft media market whose fan base could care less about the team and sport anyway.......

Khalifa21
12-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Hes doing well but its not just all about pts. I would say Manu is probably the MVP right now.

Well it's lucky he's not just scoring then isn't it...

He has the highest points + rebounds + assists combo in the league with 38.2 (tied with Kevin Love). He's also tied for 8th in the league in blocked shots with 52.

Anyway, there's an MVP thread if this talk wants to carry on.. It has absolutely nothing to do with the little appeal the Knicks had for LeBron.

Kashmir13579
12-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Another translation: Being 'the man' in an intense media market with a passionate fan base who lives and bleeds basketball is too much pressure, much easier to play second fiddle DWade in a soft media market whose fan base could care less about the team and sport anyway.......

Bingo... (in regards to Lebron) i'm loving stat but i think we all know he would've played in Iraq for 100 mil