PDA

View Full Version : The New Jersey Nets Future

xabial
12-16-2010, 09:14 PM
The Nets Have Five First Round Picks in the next two years.

Do you see them Becoming a contender sometime soon with their Young core, and abundance of Picks? They can trade their picks For An established star, That does not have to be Carmelo Anthony. The question is Where do you see the Nets in the Next two years from now?

Thats an awfully lot of picks..

Confusious
12-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Brooklyn.

Evolution23
12-16-2010, 09:30 PM
in 3 years they will be a playoff team.

acehole
12-16-2010, 11:38 PM
no, the nets are the clippers of the east.

PC
12-16-2010, 11:40 PM
They should look to package some of their picks to move up in the 1st round

DoMeFavors
12-16-2010, 11:47 PM
I just hope as a Nets fan we dont draft, because that won work. I think trading picks for decent players like good teams do is what the Nets should do.

DoMeFavors
12-16-2010, 11:48 PM
no, the nets are the clippers of the east.

I think its the Knicks since they havent had a winning season in like 10 years. I think the Clippers have more wins in the last 10 years than the Knicks. So probably the Knicks are the Clippers of the East.

hgtiger32
12-16-2010, 11:51 PM
I just hope as a Nets fan we dont draft, because that won work. I think trading picks for decent players like good teams do is what the Nets should do.

haha idk, but that whole post sounded kind of ironic. That's what good teams do, implying thats what the Nets should do lol

netsgiantsyanks
12-16-2010, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE=acehole;15966626]no, the nets are the clippers of the east.[/QUOTE

lol :pity:

xabial
12-17-2010, 01:17 AM
I think its the Knicks since they havent had a winning season in like 10 years. I think the Clippers have more wins in the last 10 years than the Knicks. So probably the Knicks are the Clippers of the East.

Yea but we've never sucked that bad to get a #1-5 pick. The last time we had a #1 pick it was 1985 and it was Patrick Ewing. The Last time we drafted a Pick in the top 5 it was 1986. We've been bad just never CLIPPER Bad.

Plus the Clippers have 29 losing seasons, over the last 32 seasons. We were Competitive throughout the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Only Two Rings to Show For it, in 70' and 73' but then again the Clippers have Zero championships, zero conference titles, and zero division titles.

Oh and we've never lost Seventy Games (We still Tanked for '10 like you), Let alone sixty, in our franchise history which also shows, we're not as bad as the clippers.

If anything the Nets are more like the clippers, then the Knicks IMO..

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Yea but we've never sucked that bad to get a #1-5 pick. The last time we had a #1 pick it was 1985 and it was Patrick Ewing. The Last time we drafted a Pick in the top 5 it was 1986. We've been bad just never CLIPPER Bad.

Plus the Clippers have 29 losing seasons, over the last 32 seasons. We were Competitive throughout the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Only Two Rings to Show For it, in 70' and 73' but then again the Clippers have Zero championships, zero conference titles, and zero division titles.

Oh and we've never lost Seventy Games (We still Tanked for '10 like you), Let alone sixty, in our franchise history which also shows, we're not as bad as the clippers.

If anything the Nets are more like the clippers, then the Knicks IMO..

I doubt the Nets tanked, no team can possibly get 70 loses you can think, but if you look at that team last year half of the players on the Nets dont derserve to be in the NBA. Chris Quinn, Trenton Hassell, Bobby Simmons, Eduardo Najera, Sean Williams, our 3rd option was COURTNEY LEE.
Maybe last year the Nets were the "clippers" of the east or whatever but in recent memory have the clippers made the finals twice and had a Hall of Famer?

xabial
12-17-2010, 01:36 AM
I doubt the Nets tanked, no team can possibly get 70 loses you can think, but if you look at that team last year half of the players on the Nets dont derserve to be in the NBA. Chris Quinn, Trenton Hassell, Bobby Simmons, Eduardo Najera, Sean Williams, our 3rd option was COURTNEY LEE.
Maybe last year the Nets were the "clippers" of the east or whatever but in recent memory have the clippers made the finals twice and had a Hall of Famer?

Exactly. In My Mind Trading Vince Carter For For Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee classifies as Tanking. Guys Whose contracts conveniently offered flexibility for the 2010 Off-season.

And Knicks Made the Finals in 99', you guys in 02', 03'. Pretty Close Finals appearance wise.

The Nets are no way in hell Close to being like the Clippers, but the point I'm trying to make is their closer to being like the clippers then the Knicks are.

madiaz3
12-17-2010, 01:39 AM
Nets are definitely the Clippers of the east. Especially well-formed parallel considering the fan treatment between LAL/LAC and NY/NJ.

No one wants to play for the Clippers. No one wants to play for the Nets.

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 01:39 AM
I guess it was taking or just terrible trades
Jason Kidd traded for Devin Harris - not bad but Kidd is better
Richard Jefferson traded for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons- lost that trade
Vince Carter traded for Battie, Alston and Courtney Lee

Thorn is an idiot thinking Courtney Lee and Yi would be franchise players and putting them with Brook Lopez the most overated player by the Nets franchise. They think he can take over a game or be a franchise player. No top free agent wanted to come to a 12 win team why would any?

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Nets are definitely the Clippers of the east. Especially well-formed parallel considering the fan treatment between LAL/LAC and NY/NJ.

No one wants to play for the Clippers. No one wants to play for the Nets.

Knicks and Clippers made the playoffs once in the last 10 years
Nets and Lakers have been to the finals more then once in the last 10 years.

You tell me who is the clippers and lakers?

Nobody wanted to go to NY either Bosh, Wade, LeBron turned NY down and NY was the only one who put up the money for Amare.

Draco
12-17-2010, 01:42 AM
The Nets Have Five First Round Picks in the next two years.

Thats an awfully lot of picks..

They're like the anti-Knicks.

210Don
12-17-2010, 01:44 AM
i would keep those picks. but i doubt new jerseys exects can actually find productive players.

madiaz3
12-17-2010, 01:44 AM
Knicks and Clippers made the playoffs once in the last 10 years
Nets and Lakers have been to the finals more then once in the last 10 years.

You tell me who is the clippers and lakers?

Nobody wanted to go to NY either Bosh, Wade, LeBron turned NY down and NY was the only one who put up the money for Amare.

Please don't compare the Nets franchise with the Lakers.
Bosh/Wade/LeBron turned down Chicago too, so what? They had a plan, easier for two to come to one than three go to a new team.

Maichan
12-17-2010, 01:45 AM
The question is Where do you see the Nets in the Next two years from now?

13th place.

DoMeFavors
12-17-2010, 01:45 AM
i would keep those picks. but i doubt new jerseys exects can actually find productive players.

Im sorry nobody has the people to draft Toney Parker and Manu in the spurs golden ages to turn into great players..

210Don
12-17-2010, 01:52 AM
Im sorry nobody has the people to draft Toney Parker and Manu in the spurs golden ages to turn into great players..

the spurs have great over seas scouts but they were prolly just luck.

xabial
12-17-2010, 02:13 AM
I guess it was taking or just terrible trades
Jason Kidd traded for Devin Harris - not bad but Kidd is better
Richard Jefferson traded for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons- lost that trade
Vince Carter traded for Battie, Alston and Courtney Lee

Thorn is an idiot thinking Courtney Lee and Yi would be franchise players and putting them with Brook Lopez the most overated player by the Nets franchise. They think he can take over a game or be a franchise player. No top free agent wanted to come to a 12 win team why would any?

Because They knew they were going to be bad after the Trade, Just Not that Bad Just like with the Knicks Trades the past two seasons; its obvious the Nets did it with the future in mind, which is something i dont blame them for. That Trade Gave them flexibility for One Max Free Agent in 2010 But, Nobody expected their 12-70 record. Not me Or You or the whole league. It was a good cost cutting Move, Nets saved $40M, over the Life of the contracts, and shaved the $16.5M Vince was Owed, in 2010.

The Point is I doubt The Nets traded VC to improve or because they saw anything in what they were getting in return. They did it to get under the salary Cap, and hopefully get lebron or any FA unfortunately it backfired when you went 12-70.

If they really did that Trade, because scouts saw something in Courtney Lee, and getting under the salary cap was the 2nd reason they did it then i would be very worried right Now..

The good News is you got Derrick Favors out of it, and if all goes well you guys can kill this Draft, (with a 1-5 pick could be the next Up N coming Team), or Trade For Carmelo with your five Draft picks

Sixerlover
12-17-2010, 02:49 AM
The Nets AND the Knicks are like the Clippers of the east :shrug:

arkanian215
12-17-2010, 03:46 AM
Quality over quantity right? Sure the Nets have 5 picks but only 2 max could be top 5. Look at what happened in OKC. They were terrible even with 4 top 5 picks within 3 seasons (Durant, Green, Westbrook, Harden) but they put all the pieces together because they had talent and role players. Sefolosha is a solid defender, Curly and Collison play within their roles and Ibaka has come into his own. The difference between the Nets story and OKC is that the Nets don't have a legit superstar to start with (a Durant if you will). In terms of rebuilding, the Nets need to move Harris so that the primes of their core players overlap for as many years as possible. A guy like Harris is ok but his game isn't going to age well. He is reliant on speed but he has shown ability to draw fouls (flop, yeah it's an art). His craftiness won't be enough to make up for a decline in speed. He'll need to go this season or this offseason. NJ's success will depend on how they draft and develop their youth. I doubt any impact FA puts on a Nets jersey to speed up the rebuilding process. If we can find a go to scoring wing that can be a primary option (yes hard to find), then we'll be in much better shape.