Manu Ginobili (Spurs) 230,137
Steve Nash (Suns) 190,226
Deron Williams (Jazz) 184,148

ShakeN'Bake
12-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Yao.....wtf

Storch
Yao and Bynum shouldn't be there, there are other centers out west that are more deserving.

Amare deserves his spot up there, i'm glad he's getting some love. He's having an MVP-esque season.

Shaq is number two because he's simply popular. Can't really change that.

Everything else looks good.

TheWatcher34
Among centers in the west, Yao Ming is the leading all votes with Andrew Bynum second.... :speechless:

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/16/allstar-ballot-results/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

UNBELIEVABLE..those two haven't even played this season so far.

it's time to boycott this whole all star thing..it's unfair to all the other "unpopular" players.

i won't watch it.

Hoopsadvocate
12-16-2010, 02:36 PM
wtf no al jefferson? yet yao and bynum and freaking haywood?????

NYKnickFanatic
12-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Kind of disappointed Felton is not up there, but it is expected with those great guards. Dont really agree with Wall being there right now.

No surprise at Yao lol, definitely surprised at Bynum.

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Caron Butler with more votes that Kevin Love:laugh2: oh the woes of playing on a losing team and not being the flashiest player in the world.

Gators123
12-16-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure Amare can catch up to Garnett

Giaps
KG over Amar'e. Ouch.

Gators123
Caron Butler with more votes that Kevin Love:laugh2: oh the woes of playing on a losing team and not being the flashiest player in the world.

wow, thats sad.

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 02:39 PM
WC C look absolutely HORRIBLE!!! That right there is the MAJOR flaw in ASG voting system.

daleja424
12-16-2010, 02:40 PM
who cares?

The fan faves are voted in...everyone else is picked by coaches based on merit.

so what if Yao gets voted in? If he does then it means that a majority of nba fans want to see him be an all-star. Thus it is better for the league to make him an all-star.

The system works this way for a reason.

Swashcuff

This is the first voting return and their is still a long way to go before voting is closed. Plus playing like an MVP in that New York market could really gain Amar'e some votes.

tdunk21
lmao @ haywood, bynum and yao getting votes....

on the other hand who really cares for a meaningless game which doesnt count to anything.....

JordansBulls
12-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Garnett over Amare???

And I'm surprised Gasol is more popular than Melo.

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 02:43 PM
who cares?

so what if Yao gets voted in? If he does then it means that a majority of nba fans want to see him be an all-star. Thus it is better for the league to make him an all-star.

Quick question do you consider fans of a player fans of a league because we ALL know that the vast majority of Yao's votes come from people who really aren't NBA fans but fans of his.

GodsSon
12-16-2010, 02:44 PM
who cares?

Yes, and that system is severely flawed...Yao is going to be a career All-Star when he eventually retires, and yet doesn't deserve a handful of those selections.

The whole "fan voting" idea is trash.

J4KOP99
12-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Remember that the game is in LA... Lakers fans will be doing everything in their power to see as many Lakers in the game as possible.

daleja424
12-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Quick question do you consider fans of a player fans of a league because we ALL know that the vast majority of Yao's votes come from people who really aren't NBA fans but fans of his.

http://www.nba.com/news/chinajerseys.html

and that is 3 years ago...

you are pretty much flat out wrong...

daleja424
12-16-2010, 02:50 PM
and here is an update from this year:

During the 2009-10 season, reigning two-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant had the top-selling NBA jersey in China for the fourth consecutive season. The Miami Heat's LeBron James, who played for the Cleveland Cavaliers last season, came in at No. 2, followed by the Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard, Boston Celtics' Kevin Garnett, and Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose who moved up to No. 5. The rankings are based on sales from retail locations across the country throughout the entire 2009-10 season. adidas is the Official On-court Uniform and Apparel Provider of the NBA.
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/09/23/china-jerseys-top-sellers/index.html

daleja424
12-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Yes, and that system is severely flawed...Yao is going to be a career All-Star when he eventually retires, and yet doesn't deserve a handful of those selections.

The whole "fan voting" idea is trash.

and if all-star game actually meant something... maybe it would matter...

every real nba fan knows that Yao has not been an all-star this year... do you think we will forget that fown the road?

daleja424
12-16-2010, 02:52 PM
I dont get why we care so much that a country that has more nba fans than we have in the US wants to be represented in an exhibition match by one guy of the 25 that make it?

Gators123
12-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Well Yao will probably be injured anyways, Does that mean Bynum starts? hell, Bynum might be injured too.

Hawkeye15
12-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Honestly, its a fans game. If they want Yao there, so be it. Who cares?
Frankly, I haven't watched all star weekend in 3 years at least. I honestly don't care.

Antipod
12-16-2010, 02:57 PM
:facepalm: to Yao

J4KOP99
12-16-2010, 02:58 PM
You think Lebron will try to gain some fans back by entering the dunk contest?

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 03:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/chinajerseys.html

and that is 3 years ago...

you are pretty much flat out wrong...

:laugh::laugh:

you honestly just brought the Jersey sales in china as a representation as to the reason why I am wrong? LMAO you'll need to come much better than that. You stick to your opinion I'll stick what we ALL know as a FACT. If you honestly mean to tell me that NBA fans wanted to see Yao Ming over a still super productive Shaquille O'Neal by such a large margin in his ROOKIE season then you can stay right there in your state of delusion deleja. We all know the truth and jersey sales in China in NO way reflects their trend of All Star Voting.

goNYgoNYgo!!!
12-16-2010, 03:05 PM
If Raymond Felton doesn't get an all-star nod, it is a damn shame. He is playing like an elite PG this year.. Yea, not just an all-star, but a TOP PG.

No way Wall should be there instead of Felton.

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Looking at that list really reminds us as to the reason why Amar'e was listed as a C last season despite the fact that he played the vast majority of his time a PF. This season now he's listed at F when he has played the bulk of his time at C. The #6 C in the East is right now better than every C in the west.

daleja424
12-16-2010, 03:07 PM
:laugh::laugh:

you honestly just brought the Jersey sales in china as a representation as to the reason why I am wrong? LMAO you'll need to come much better than that. You stick to your opinion I'll stick what we ALL know as a FACT. If you honestly mean to tell me that NBA fans wanted to see Yao Ming over a still super productive Shaquille O'Neal by such a large margin in his ROOKIE season then you can stay right there in your state of delusion deleja. We all know the truth and jersey sales in China in NO way reflects their trend of All Star Voting.

There is no doubt that they are strong fans of Yao Ming... there is a sense of pride and nationality at stake. It doesnt mean that they dont also respect and follow the sport and leauge as a whole though.

You are being highly critical of something we are all guilty of. Nearly every single person that casts an all-star vote has at least one homer pick on their ballot. What...because they are Chinese they are not allowed a homer vote? I suppose Lakers fans dont know anything about the NBA either since they are voting bynum in second right now right? Don't be a hypocrite.

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 03:08 PM
If Raymond Felton doesn't get an all-star nod, it is a damn shame. He is playing like an elite PG this year.. Yea, not just an all-star, but a TOP PG.

No way Wall should be there instead of Felton.

if he is playing worthy of the nod he'll be chosen as a reserve don't worry. But that will only happen if he keeps playing at this current level. To be honest though a healthy John Wall in that NY system with that staff would in all likeliness be having a much better season that Felton.

Baller1
12-16-2010, 03:10 PM
No Westbrook. Yay.

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 03:11 PM
There is no doubt that they are strong fans of Yao Ming... there is a sense of pride and nationality at stake. It doesnt mean that they dont also respect and follow the sport and leauge as a whole though.

You are being highly critical of something we are all guilty of. Nearly every single person that casts an all-star vote has at least one homer pick on their ballot. What...because they are Chinese they are not allowed a homer vote? I suppose Lakers fans dont know anything about the NBA either since they are voting bynum in second right now right? Don't be a hypocrite.

I agree with you on this because YES in truth and in fact I voted for Allen Iverson last season when I OBVIOUSLY knew he wasn't worth it.

I however was not critical of them voting him in I just stated that his VAST majority of fans are from his home country. My point on the fans not entirely being fans of the league but being fans of Ming is also very valid. While Kobe is one of the most popular players in that country his team isn't. The Rockets because of Yao is.

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 03:13 PM
IMO the system is flawed. Anyone who doesn't care about it should NEVER bring up ASG appearances in any argument about which player is better than another because we see that their is and always has been major favouritsm amongst the starters. And YES all this coming from and Allen Iverson fan.

29$JerZ
12-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Garnett over Amar'e lol

Sucks Felton isn't among the leaders. He deserves a good number of votes as of now over guys like Wall/Jennings/Arenas who aren't helping their team playoff contenders.

daleja424
12-16-2010, 03:16 PM
I agree with you on this because YES in truth and in fact I voted for Allen Iverson last season when I OBVIOUSLY knew he wasn't worth it.

I however was not critical of them voting him in I just stated that his VAST majority of fans are from his home country. My point on the fans not entirely being fans of the league but being fans of Ming is also very valid. While Kobe is one of the most popular players in that country his team isn't. The Rockets because of Yao is.

and I say...and I am sure david Stern would agree... who cares why they watch the NBA... the fact is that they buy a large percentage of global nba merchandise... they watch games... and they support the league... so who are you to say that they arent fans.

everyone roots just a little harder for someone if they are from their neighborhood or community and they are in the spotlight... well for China... it is like that. They have ONE good NBA player and they support him. Nothing wrong with that. Same way that Lakers fans are voting for bynum...same way that Celtics fans vote for Pierce and KG...etc. We all vote for our biases...

Hellcrooner
12-16-2010, 03:16 PM
I dont get why we care so much that a country that has more nba fans than we have in the US wants to be represented in an exhibition match by one guy of the 25 that make it?

How woudl you feel if all the spaniards agreed on making a joke(all spaniards agreeing in something has not happened since.......never) and vote 5 times every day for Rudy Fernandez (the spāniard that is performing worse right now) as a starter?

It woudl be a joke.

So is Chinese voting for Yao-.

And laker fans voting for a dude that has jsut played 2 games and 30 minutes total.......makes me feel ashamed of my alliegances.

daleja424
12-16-2010, 03:18 PM
IMO the system is flawed. Anyone who doesn't care about it should NEVER bring up ASG appearances in any argument about which player is better than another because we see that their is and always has been major favouritsm amongst the starters. And YES all this coming from and Allen Iverson fan.

but outside of the starters... it is no longer a popularity contest... there is some merit to ASG selections... but I think anyone that uses that as the basis of comparison has a really flawed sense of logic...

29$JerZ
12-16-2010, 03:18 PM
As long as

Rose/Rondo
Wade
LeBron
Amar'e
Dwight

Make the East team I have no complaints, the system is obviously bias/flawed but there are players who clearly don't belong

daleja424
12-16-2010, 03:20 PM
How woudl you feel if all the spaniards agreed on making a joke(all spaniards agreeing in something has not happened since.......never) and vote 5 times every day for Rudy Fernandez (the spāniard that is performing worse right now) as a starter?

It woudl be a joke.

So is Chinese voting for Yao-.

And laker fans voting for a dude that has jsut played 2 games and 30 minutes total.......makes me feel ashamed of my alliegances.

This is not a joke though. if China were trying to play a joke they would vote in Yi. They are voting in Yao b/c he is a beloved icon of Chineese sport and he has all-star pedigree...

and coming from you...the biggest Spanish homer on here... I am shocked that you are bashing homerism...

Ebbs
12-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Yao, Bynum, and Haywood lolz. . .

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 03:22 PM
and I say...and I am sure david Stern would agree... who cares why they watch the NBA... the fact is that they buy a large percentage of global nba merchandise... they watch games... and they support the league... so who are you to say that they arent fans.

everyone roots just a little harder for someone if they are from their neighborhood or community and they are in the spotlight... well for China... it is like that. They have ONE good NBA player and they support him. Nothing wrong with that. Same way that Lakers fans are voting for bynum...same way that Celtics fans vote for Pierce and KG...etc. We all vote for our biases...

You're still missing the point. It makes no sense debating this with you. This whole thing came about by me saying that the vast majority of Yao's voters are from his home country and they aren't necessarily fans of NBA basketball (like you and me) but fans of the player and that is why he got voted in. You said I was wrong and then you come here and admit that Yao's votes do indeed come mostly from his fans (who are in their RIGHTS) back home.

I never debated whether or not they are right or that they are the only ones who do it or anything of that sort. I never said it was bad for the league nothing like that. My point was where & from who most of those votes were coming from NOTHING else.

Hellcrooner
12-16-2010, 03:23 PM
This is not a joke though. if China were trying to play a joke they would vote in Yi. They are voting in Yao b/c he is a beloved icon of Chineese sport and he has all-star pedigree...

and coming from you...the biggest Spanish homer on here... I am shocked that you are bashing homerism...

I havent voted a single time for Rudy, Calderon or Marc Gasol this year, because they are not deserving it.
Ive voted Pau of course wich is hardly something ridicuolus .
How is that Homerism?

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 03:23 PM
but outside of the starters... it is no longer a popularity contest... there is some merit to ASG selections... but I think anyone that uses that as the basis of comparison has a really flawed sense of logic...

Thats why I said amongst starters bro.

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 03:26 PM
I wanted to start a thread on this question when I first saw the ballot but decided against. Why is Tim Duncan listed a F this season when it was clear that he was going to be playing primarily C this season.

daleja424
12-16-2010, 03:33 PM
You're still missing the point. It makes no sense debating this with you. This whole thing came about by me saying that the vast majority of Yao's voters are from his home country and they aren't necessarily fans of NBA basketball (like you and me) but fans of the player and that is why he got voted in. You said I was wrong and then you come here and admit that Yao's votes do indeed come mostly from his fans (who are in their RIGHTS) back home.

I never debated whether or not they are right or that they are the only ones who do it or anything of that sort. I never said it was bad for the league nothing like that. My point was where & from who most of those votes were coming from NOTHING else.

It is simple. You are claiming that Chinese people are not NBA fans...but rather they are simply fans of Yao. I posted an article that stated that over 80% of young people in China follow the NBA AND that the nba sold 400 million items in china in 2005-2006 (and among those items there were 5 players who sold more jerseys that Yao did).

How does that not contradict what you are claiming. Why would Chinese people buy massive amounts of Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Iverson jerseys if they were only interested in Yao.

Chinese people are fans of the NBA and have their team allegiances as well...but when it comes time to vote... their national pride has them casting a vote for Yao...

I dont see what is difficult to understand about that...

Flash3
12-16-2010, 03:41 PM
damn was hoping amare was leading so garnett didnt get in, that way hopefully bosh can be an allstar this year via coach's vote.

if boozer goes in before bosh i think im gonna cry.

Stunner
12-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Yao all China votes lmao

Khalifa21
12-16-2010, 04:28 PM
:laugh2: at KG over Amar'e...

Hellcrooner
12-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Well , apparently Yao is out of the race.
And sadly it seems out of any basketball any more.

Minimal
12-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Shouldn't this thread turn to Rondo vs Rose thread?
I'm surprised it isn't yet.

daboywonder2002
12-16-2010, 05:26 PM
i think the league needs to decide. is the all star game gonna be the best players(which to me means all stars) or most popular. to me, its been nothing but a popularity contest.

1. amare should be starting at one of those forward spots.
2. dirk should be starting at one of those forward spots. and pau should be listed as a center.
3. kevin love deserves to make the all star team.
4. love cp3 but westbrook and deron should make the team first.

daboywonder2002
12-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Shouldn't this thread turn to Rondo vs Rose thread?
I'm surprised it isn't yet.

i actually dont have a problem with rondo starting. i mean the celts have an 18-4/19-4 record. and rondo is just as influential in boston winning as rose has been for the bulls.

Khalifa21
12-16-2010, 05:34 PM
With Rondo out for a couple of weeks with his ankle injury and Noah out for a couple of months with his thumb injury, Rose has the perfect chance to make a push for that starting spot.

PS. If KG starts over Amar'e it will be ridiculous.

JB0B0
12-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Garnett over Amare and Rondo over Rose is a joke. Rondo and Garnett should be reserves.

northsider
12-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Not sure what everyone is mad at this is the Fan voting not who is actually deserving of it. If your mad then go vote for your player that's pretty much all you can do but, to get mad at the votes is a waste of time cause most of the time they are always a joke.

cheetos185
12-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Kind of disappointed Felton is not up there, but it is expected with those great guards. Dont really agree with Wall being there right now.

No surprise at Yao lol, definitely surprised at Bynum.

x2 wall got killed twice by felton and douglas haha kid is no where near all-star

nitric
12-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Rondo over Rose
KG over Amare
Deron Williams 180k votes
Shaq #2 C

wow this is a travesty

Khalifa21
12-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Garnett over Amare and Rondo over Rose is a joke. Rondo and Garnett should be reserves.

Rondo over Rose is a lot more realistic than Garnett over Amar'e.

Amar'e has arguably been the best big man in the league this season. Rose and Rondo are extremely close.

northsider
12-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Rondo over Rose is a lot more realistic than Garnett over Amar'e.

Amar'e has arguably been the best big man in the league this season. Rose and Rondo are extremely close.

Agree Rondo or Rose could start and it wouldn't bother me you can make a great case for both yet we would all end up back at square one where neither is a bad choice.

Stunner
12-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I thought Rose and Rondo should have been starting together.

bulls_world23
12-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Kg over AMARE lol. And rondo is a great player but thete is no way he should have more votes than rose.

northsider
12-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Kg over AMARE lol. And rondo is a great player but thete is no way he should have more votes than rose.

As a Bulls fan nothing more I want then Rose starting but, I won't be pissed if it is Rondo cause as PG he is top of the game right now and earned every right to be in that spot as has Rose.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-16-2010, 06:28 PM
damn was hoping amare was leading so garnett didnt get in, that way hopefully bosh can be an allstar this year via coach's vote.

if boozer goes in before bosh i think im gonna cry.

With Noah out, he's gonna be expected to put up some huge numbers for the Bulls to keep winning, if he does that, he might very well get voted in by the coaches.

bbcmillionaire
12-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Well IMO rose should lead the east in votes(amongst gaurds) and maybe Westbrook can sneak in due to injury? Russel deserves it, he's been balling this year

Flash3
12-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Well IMO rose should lead the east in votes(amongst gaurds) and maybe Westbrook can sneak in due to injury? Russel deserves it, he's been balling this year

over wade ? c'mon son. anyways here's my starters.

Rondo
Wade
Lebron
Amare
Howard

that's my unbias and realistic prediction.

DenButsu
12-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Nene should be in the top 3 in the west, if we're talking who deserves to be there.

JWO35
12-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Kinda surprised Love ain't getting no Love....he's arguably been the most consistent PF this year.

WolvesJagsOs
12-16-2010, 07:07 PM
gosh i really hope Klove gets in there, he deserves it.

WolvesJagsOs
12-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Kinda surprised Love ain't getting no Love....he's arguably been the most consistent PF this year.

agreed, its pretty sad when a player goes 13/14 and ppl call it a bad game....idk.

stawka
12-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Yao and Bybum, what a ****ing joke!

asandhu23
12-16-2010, 07:34 PM
No Monta Ellis? this is ********

THE MTL
12-16-2010, 07:39 PM
The western conference centers SUCK! WHo made the ballot this yr? Its ********. No Millsap on it! But u put Brendan Haywood.

They should make one of the Western Conference PF and list him as a center. Pau Gasol has played in the middle (like a center) since Bynum was out. Tim Duncan plays mainly like a center.

But seriously to have to choose between: Yao, Bynum, Haywood, Okafor, and Camby is ********!!

Flash3
12-16-2010, 07:50 PM
The western conference centers SUCK! WHo made the ballot this yr? Its ********. No Millsap on it! But u put Brendan Haywood.

They should make one of the Western Conference PF and list him as a center. Pau Gasol has played in the middle (like a center) since Bynum was out. Tim Duncan plays mainly like a center.

But seriously to have to choose between: Yao, Bynum, Haywood, Okafor, and Camby is ********!!

if u wanna vote for millsap then u can always vote for him via write in.

PrettyBoyJ
12-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Fans seriously need start getting it right.. No disrespect to KG but Amare is playing much better and out played him last night.. And Yao and Bynum prob combine dont even have 15 games played.. smh

daboywonder2002
12-16-2010, 08:39 PM
fellas, i don't care what the wolves record is. 20 and 15 is damn 20 and 15. kevin love is an all star. now blake griffin has decent numbers too(20 and 12). but if i have to choose, i gotta go with love right now.

Bruno
12-16-2010, 08:44 PM

For the sake of the Yao/Bynum situation. Kevin Love should be granted C status and be the starter in the west. Ideally, not that it would ever happen. Hopefully he gets voted by the coaches.

bholly
12-16-2010, 09:34 PM
who cares?

This. Let's not forget that the All-Star starters aren't supposed to represent the best players, nor the ones currently performing at the highest level. They're supposed to represent the most popular players, and that's exactly what is happening.

The All-Star game is an exhibition game for the fans to see the most popular players, not a record of anything meaningful. The record of the best players is called the All-NBA team.

DwayneMVPwade
12-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Wow the west centres are garbage. Yaa and haywood. Bynum the only decent one.

kblo247
12-16-2010, 10:20 PM
For the sake of the Yao/Bynum situation. Kevin Love should be granted C status and be the starter in the west. Ideally, not that it would ever happen. Hopefully he gets voted by the coaches.

To be frank, Pau should be called a C by the league office this season

F/C that make the team should be
- Pau
- Dirk
- LO
- Durant
- Duncan (name value)

* Melo could be gone from the west but if he isn't he should be guaranteed a spot as he has played well.

If Melo isn't moved, that pretty much leaves Love for the last spot, but Aldridge and Randolph should receive consideration over him (even with his crazy averages) if their records are 500 or better by then.

D Roses Bulls
12-16-2010, 10:24 PM

nobody really votes till a week before the all star game anyways. yes he can. starting will be

rose
wade
lebron
amare
howard

in the east and you can book that.

kblo247
12-16-2010, 10:41 PM

C that make the team out WEST should be - Pau and Duncan

My West Forwards - Dirk, Durant, LO, and 2 more

* Melo could be gone from the west but if he isn't he should be guaranteed a spot as he has played well.

If Melo isn't moved, that pretty much leaves Love for the last spot, but Aldridge and Randolph should receive consideration over him (even with his crazy averages) if their records are 500 or better by then.

My Western Guards - Kobe, Paul, Deron, Westbrook (best player in OKC this year so far), and Manu (best Spur)

------

My Eastern guards - Felton, Rondo, Rose, Wade, and Jameer
My Eastern forwards - KG, Pierce, Lebron, Smith, and Amare
My eastern centers - Dwight and Bosh (reaching here)

* starters in bold

Sorry Nash, Monta, Allen, and Horford

nolin
12-16-2010, 10:54 PM

F/C that make the team should be
- Pau
- Dirk
- LO
- Durant
- Duncan (name value)

LO? lol stop

kblo247
12-16-2010, 11:10 PM
LO? lol stop

16pts, 10rebs, 1blk, 1stl, and 3asts per game on almost 59% shooting from the field, with 39.5% from three.

He is more efficient than Love on offense (some guards shoot better than him from the field) and on defense to the point that it isn't funny.

He is an all star this year out west easily over Randolph, Love, Aldridge, and Milsap. He has had a better season than Duncan as well.