PDA

View Full Version : Would blake have been this good last year

BALLER R
12-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed and i don't want to post it in the clippers forum cause i want everyone's opinion....so my question is if he had not of gotten injuried and he played last year would he have been such an impact so early in his career. I'm not sure because my thing is that i know he's good but that injury might of been a good thing for him because he got to rehab it and have the full nba medical care before he even played a game...which properly lead to him being in and even better shape than when he came out of college. so what's everyones thought on it

Toronto_Fan
12-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Wait, G.Blake's not a rook?

PhillyFaninLA
12-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Yes he certainly would be. Sitting a year with a fractured knee didn't help him get better.

PhillyFaninLA
12-16-2010, 02:15 PM

He didn't play last year due to injury so his rookie status carries over to this year.

BALLER R
12-16-2010, 02:15 PM

he was drafted last year but got injuried and didnt play a game so this year he has rookie status

Hawkeye15
12-16-2010, 02:58 PM
eh, maybe not. I think watching for a year probably gave him a better understanding of how an NBA player prepares, and handles the rigors of a long season.
But who knows. Its all speculative I guess

daleja424
12-16-2010, 03:03 PM
big, athletic, active...

those things didnt change suddenly this year...

and it is not like he plays a highly cerebral game... his game is..."I can jump higher than you" and "I am stronger than you"...

He would have been just as good last year more than likely

checkit
12-16-2010, 03:12 PM
he was pretty good in the preseason games last year...more explosive IMO

mlisica19
12-16-2010, 03:17 PM
No, its kind of like how Jordan came out to be who he was after countless failed times of trying to make it. I saw Blakes off season work out and it was insane, he went abobe and beyond and did alot of felxible work outs and it paid off. He looks loose out there, he has the fire for a return and hes got everything because of his injury and his off season. SICK i love this guy