PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Rudy Fernandez?

LTBaByyy
12-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Last night against the Mavs they said he hasnt made a shot in a month????wow.

Dang, and they were offered taj gibson for him, some offered the blazers a 1st round pick and they almost got offered Wilson Chandler for him

They shouldve took one of those deals!!!! :facepalm: especially with mathews on the roster

Thoughts??

Hawkeye15
12-16-2010, 01:03 PM
I am so looking forward to Hellcrooner taking on PSD......

at least I know when Rubio comes over I have an ally in all the fights that will ensue

jiggin
12-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Rudy happened to Rudy.

He took himself out of the game mentally a while back. He's home sick...

PS - that not hitting a shot in a month is BS - I was at the Blazers/Magic game and saw him nail at least 1 three pointer.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-16-2010, 01:06 PM
He dosen't want to play for the blazers...

jiggin
12-16-2010, 01:07 PM
if you look at ANY stat page you can easily see how untrue that is:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4302/gamelog;_ylt=ApXYSdNcaR8MqA1qVh471HWhPaB4

were you just baiting, or just too lazy to look up info to see if its true before you post?

look at his minutes...might explain some of his down stats as well.

jiggin
12-16-2010, 01:07 PM

he doesn't want to play in the NBA or in America...

Stunner
12-16-2010, 01:12 PM
He would play if he would start.

SluggeR
12-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Probably just needs a change of scenery, so he can regain his swagg.

Stunner
12-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Probably just needs a change of scenery, so he can regain his swagg.

Cuz we knw he does have swagg! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDu_gHOw6mM

jiggin
12-16-2010, 01:20 PM
you watch, he will be out and back in spain playing as soon as that contract is up. Only reason he is here playing in the NBA still; blazers not only would not let him out of his contract but picked up his option.

Blazers GM Choi was straight up with him and his agent and said, you made a commitment, you can't back out on that, and the blazers are not going to let you go without getting back something that either puts them ahead for the future (he was a first round pickup) or of equal value. So far, they don't feel that has been offered so he isn't going anywhere.

Rudy, along with a lot of NBA players, needed reminding that they are the employee...not the employer.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Portland is a great team i don't understand his problem he damn sure ain't playing in front of roy.

tdunk21
12-16-2010, 01:37 PM

this...

Antipod
12-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Who?(c) :D:D:D

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 02:22 PM

Dang, and they were offered taj gibson for him, some offered the blazers a 1st round pick and they almost got offered Wilson Chandler for him

They shouldve took one of those deals!!!! :facepalm: especially with mathews on the roster

Thoughts??

Whoever said that obviously did not do his home work on the Blazers. I mean any casual fan who only pays attention to Box Scores and Sportscenter could have told him that. You yourself should have done a little research before posting.

ackar
12-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Rudy is a mental midget!

NYtilIdie
12-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Rudy got good minutes in last years playoffs, but he never made the best of them. He thinks its better to sit and whine and thats just not how it works. Maybe if he was a star or 6MOY then I could understand but he hasn't done jack s**t and expects to be treated like a superstar.

Please, don't use that played out "Nate doesn't like spanish players" excuse Crooner. Batum is starting so that excuse is moot.

Hellcrooner
12-16-2010, 03:27 PM
is difficult to make good fg% when you ONLY are allowed to shoot THREES.
He will be traded soon enough .

Im hoping somehow Grizz Trade Mayo to NY for Randolph and then Blazers Trade rudy For Thabeet.
He woudl lose the "homesick" factor playing with Marc Gasol and the work works really nice for all the involved, Balzers need a Back up defensive center with oden and pryz injured , Grizz need a young Pf since they WONT cave in to Zachs ridiculous money demmands and will let him walk, Knics need a starting like Sg.

Hellcrooner
12-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Rudy got good minutes in last years playoffs, but he never made the best of them. He thinks its better to sit and whine and thats just not how it works. Maybe if he was a star or 6MOY then I could understand but he hasn't done jack s**t and expects to be treated like a superstar.

Please, don't use that played out "Nate doesn't like spanish players" excuse Crooner. Batum is starting so that excuse is moot.

He was not fully receoverd form his Back injury in the playoffs.

And btw batum is NOT starting Mathews is, how surprising the american makes a pair of good games and Nate throws the foreigner to the bench.:rolleyes:

Swashcuff
12-16-2010, 03:30 PM

Im hoping somehow Grizz Trade Mayo to NY for Randolph and then Blazers Trade rudy For Thabeet.
He woudl lose the "homesick" factor playing with Marc Gasol and the work works really nice for all the involved, Balzers need a Back up defensive center with oden and pryz injured , Grizz need a young Pf since they WONT cave in to Zachs ridiculous money demmands and will let him walk, Knics need a starting like Sg.

That would be a dream come true for you wouldn't it. Now All that would need to happen is for the Lakers to trade Bynum and Shannon Brown to the Grizz for Marc and Rudy and you would be in euphoria....

Draco
12-16-2010, 03:32 PM

And btw batum is NOT starting Mathews is, how surprising the american makes a pair of good games and Nate throws the foreigner to the bench.:rolleyes:

HC never disappoints ;)

Hellcrooner
12-16-2010, 03:33 PM
HC never disappoints ;)

nate never fails me.
I dont have time to look for it now but i said in a thread this summer when they got mathews that it was the end of batum.

Flash3
12-16-2010, 03:33 PM
he doesn't want to play in the NBA or in America...

he should go play for the raptors in that case.

Hellcrooner
12-16-2010, 03:35 PM
he should go play for the raptors in that case.

Lol, not a bad idea to be honest.

JayW_1023
12-17-2010, 08:58 AM
McMillan doedn't play him much because he is a bad defender.

millerandco
12-17-2010, 09:21 AM
as a blazers fan i loved him...but if he doesn't want to play for us. trade his ***.

HouRealCoach
12-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Trade him to Minnesota then he and Rubio can play together and he wont feel so homesick

nycericanguy
12-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Well I'm glad NY didn't trade for him. POR seems to vastly overrate their own players when it comes to trades.

They turned down some good deals for Rudy and some great deals for Batum who hasn't looked too great either.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2010, 12:46 AM
MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OFF DEF TOT A PF STL TO BLK PTS
Rudy Fernandez 23:44 7-10 3-6 3-3 10 0 3 3 5 1 3 1 0 20

And this Ladies and gentlemen is what happens when yhou give rudy the minutes AND THE touches and involve him in the game.

Roy was out for injury.
Blazers won the game.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-18-2010, 12:52 AM
I don't know who told you the Bulls offered Taj for him because that is absolutely not true. Blazers would've took that deal and ran and we would've been shooting ourselves in the foot right now as Taj is about to start with Boozer in the frontcourt as the Bulls will go with the double PF lineup for 2 months now.

I think our offer was James Johnson and a 1st.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2010, 01:02 AM
lol the game was not even over, he is doing even beteer numbers

Blazers#1Fan
12-18-2010, 01:10 AM

Thoughts??

almost we did and turned it down are you watching the game now?

SF25
12-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Rudy's killing tonight. 26 points (new career high) on 9-15 shooting, 6 assist, 3 steals. Hopefully he continues to play like this to get his value back up, he's been MIA all season.

Blazers#1Fan
12-18-2010, 01:18 AM

:laugh: worst trade proposal ive seen in years thabett why would we want him we already got a project who everybody calls a bust in oden

Crooner your probably the biggest Mcmillan hater around why would we not play matthews when he has been playing some ball!
Rudy has lost the HOMESICK already since he has been hanging around Mills&Batum and since Roy's injury Rudy has been getting PT and tonight shows it! watch Rudy get alot more PT

Blazers#1Fan
12-18-2010, 01:24 AM

:facepalm: i would say something but i dont wanna get banned

but why would we play Batum who has been in a slump when Matthews has been putting up 20+ppg since he started

your knowledge is horrible idk how they play in EURO leagues but we play Ball and know when to bench and start

Hawkeye15
12-18-2010, 01:29 AM
hahahahahahaha, whats hilarious, is Rudy just played like an all star tonight.

Great timing. My Wolves always give role players career games.

arkanian215
12-18-2010, 01:43 AM
if you look at ANY stat page you can easily see how untrue that is:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4302/gamelog;_ylt=ApXYSdNcaR8MqA1qVh471HWhPaB4

were you just baiting, or just too lazy to look up info to see if its true before you post?

look at his minutes...might explain some of his down stats as well.

Shooting 36.8% from the field. I don't care that he only plays 17 minutes a game. He puts up about 6 shots a game and only hits 36.8% on average. That is terrible no matter how you slice it.

masalex1205
12-18-2010, 02:14 AM
Why are we talking about this guy?

jiggin
12-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Rudy had 26 points including 4 threes and added 6 assists tonight.

Amazing what happens when Roy is out

heatking
12-18-2010, 03:30 AM
Rudy can be a difference maker when given minutes.. He can make some magic happen. Its sad to say it but Roy is a liability to this team at the moment.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2010, 03:52 AM
Shooting 36.8% from the field. I don't care that he only plays 17 minutes a game. He puts up about 6 shots a game and only hits 36.8% on average. That is terrible no matter how you slice it.

not if you realzie that he is having that percentage shooting basically ONLY three pointers.

36% on Trhee poing % is not bad at all.

cambovenzi
12-18-2010, 04:03 AM
not if you realzie that he is having that percentage shooting basically ONLY three pointers.

36% on Trhee poing % is not bad at all.

except hes only shooting 33% from 3.

Hawkeye15
12-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Rudy had 26 points including 4 threes and added 6 assists tonight.

Amazing what happens when Roy is out

or when you are a perimeter player and the Wolves roll into town

KnicksorBust
12-18-2010, 11:48 AM
I actually think Fernandez is a gamer he's just not happy there and McMillan has him on a short leash. Over the summer I was excited about the potential rumors of him coming to NY to start at SG. I'm happy with Landry Fields now but I think Rudy would have been a superb fit in our offense.

jiggin
12-18-2010, 12:05 PM
or when you are a perimeter player and the Wolves roll into town

Very true

We will see how he does against golden state tonight, a true test for him :rolleyes:

nycericanguy
12-18-2010, 12:14 PM
o yea, POR couldve had Fields for him also...

Hellcrooner
12-21-2010, 03:54 AM
hey OP third game in a row with rudy getting more than 15 points and 5 assists on 50% or better fg.

Go figure if roy is not there and he get minutes he produces...... :D

Blazers#1Fan
12-21-2010, 04:31 AM
whats this hype over landry fields? he scores 10ppg he isnt anything great and he is in D'Antoni's system if he was on any other team he would be scoring 5ppg unless he's on the Twolves! everybody knew about dantoni's system last year now everybody forgot about it! its a offensive system with not alot of defense