PDA

View Full Version : Mavs 'Touch Base' With Denver On Melo

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 01:38 PM
http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1031249.html

The Mavericks have continued to "touch base" with the Nuggets on the possibility of a Carmelo Anthony trade, according to two sources.

However, DallasBasketball.com writes that there appear to be too many hurdles blocking an Anthony-to-Dallas swap.

The belief is that Denver can get a better package in return from a team like New Jersey, which can offer Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and higher draft picks than Dallas

Now this is NOT a rumor in any way just interesting to think that they might be a dark horse in the Melo sweepstakes.

D1JM
12-15-2010, 01:49 PM
everyone has touched based with melo. Just like everyone has probably tried to "touched base" with kim kardashian

DoMeFavors
12-15-2010, 01:50 PM
If I was Melo, id agree to an extension with Dallas and leave Denver in a heart beat.

D1JM
12-15-2010, 01:54 PM
If I was Melo, id agree to an extension with Dallas and leave Denver in a heart beat.

but you think denver wants melo to stay in the west?

BigDFan85
12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
but you think denver wants melo to stay in the west?

I don't think Melo would sign an extension with us anyways with all that crap that happened in the playoff series a couple years ago.

Ebbs
12-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't think Melo would sign an extension with us anyways with all that crap that happened in the playoff series a couple years ago.

I don't think he cares at all . . . I think he would love to win.

Go_NUGGETS
12-15-2010, 02:06 PM
LOL....Mavs aren't getting Melo. Thats all. Peace.

kntresistheheat
12-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I think he will be traded after the holidays are over IMO.

thedfactor
12-15-2010, 02:16 PM
LOL....Mavs aren't getting Melo. Thats all. Peace.Here's a bitter Nuggets fan, likely sad to see Melo leave. Really hoping to get either a NJ or NY package instead...keep waiting. Hope it's not the Knicks though so they can keep their pieces and sign Melo in the summer.

Khalifa21
12-15-2010, 02:24 PM
What would the Mavs offer?

Beaubois? Denver has Ty Lawson and Chauncey Billups. Who else? The first rounders would be in the mid 20's anyway. I couldn't see him signing an extension there as well.

SteBO
12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Melo only wants New York, but he'll probably end up in Jersey

thephoenixson28
12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
They certainly have the pieces to get him. A Caron butler, Haywood, and a 1st or fillers would get Carmelo.IMO
That would be a crazy lineup
Pg.Kidd
Sg.Carmelo
Sf.Marion
Pf.Dirk
C.Chandler

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 02:28 PM

Beaubois? Denver has Ty Lawson and Chauncey Billups. Who else? The first rounders would be in the mid 20's anyway. I couldn't see him signing an extension there as well.

It was rumored that the nuggets would want Roddy, Butler, Stevenson, 2 1st round picks and maybe even more. Would be a bit too much if Melo doesn't sign an extension (which he will in all likeliness do before being traded). It would still make the Mavs better come playoff time IMO.

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 02:29 PM
They certainly have the pieces to get him. A Caron butler, Haywood, and a 1st or fillers would get Carmelo.IMO
Pg.Kidd
Sg.Carmelo
Sf.Marion
Pf.Dirk
C.Chandler

No one ABSOLUTELY no one wants anything to do with Haywood's contract may very well turn out to be one of the worst in the league relative to performance in a year's time.

Go_NUGGETS
12-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Here's a bitter Nuggets fan, likely sad to see Melo leave. Really hoping to get either a NJ or NY package instead...keep waiting. Hope it's not the Knicks though so they can keep their pieces and sign Melo in the summer.

How am I bitter?

How did I imply that i'm sad to see Melo leave, from that one comment I posted?

Am I sad to see Melo leave, or am I hoping for a better package? Which is it? Since you seem to be some online psychologist, whon knows it all...Explain to me.

I think you confused yaself with that one...There was nopthing bitter about me speaking the truth, and the truth is, Mavs aren't getting Melo. You the one who sounds bitter, for the way you responded to my post.

And Melo wont be here by next summer, unless he signs the extension <<How does that sound bitter? It sounds realistic, with no emotion to me.

Go_NUGGETS
12-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Pg.Kidd
Sg.Carmelo
Sf.Marion
Pf.Dirk
C.Chandler

We dont need none of those players...Especially Haywoods contract.

Go_NUGGETS
12-15-2010, 02:41 PM
It was rumored that the nuggets would want Roddy, Butler, Stevenson, 2 1st round picks and maybe even more. Would be a bit too much if Melo doesn't sign an extension (which he will in all likeliness do before being traded). It would still make the Mavs better come playoff time IMO.

Hmmmmm...I don't know why the Nuggets would want those players..We don't need Roddy or Butler or Stevenson...And the 1st round picks don't sound promising, coming from the Mavs.

Flash3
12-15-2010, 02:46 PM

mavs can win a title with him aboard, i could see him sighing. if he goes to the knicks though they wont even be better than chicago,orlando, they will probably be one seed better with him.

SteBO
12-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Pg.Kidd
Sg.Carmelo
Sf.Marion
Pf.Dirk
C.Chandler

:laugh2: :laugh2:
A little dillusional, aren't you?

thephoenixson28
12-15-2010, 02:49 PM
I just think that denver needs a center, instead of Haywood Tyson Chandler then.

Khalifa21
12-15-2010, 02:50 PM
mavs can win a title with him aboard, i could see him sighing. if he goes to the knicks though they wont even be better than chicago,orlando, they will probably be one seed better with him.

Knicks w/ Melo >>> Bulls

Getting Melo would firmly place the Knicks in the Hawks/Bulls tier in the East (it's arguable that we're already there), and just beneath the Celtics, Heat, Magic tier and it could even propel us into that category.

Of course Dallas could win a title with him, but i'm pretty sure he wants to be on that east coast.

thedfactor
12-15-2010, 02:52 PM
How am I bitter?

How did I imply that i'm sad to see Melo leave, from that one comment I posted?

Am I sad to see Melo leave, or am I hoping for a better package? Which is it? Since you seem to be some online psychologist, whon knows it all...Explain to me.

I think you confused yaself with that one...There was nopthing bitter about me speaking the truth, and the truth is, Mavs aren't getting Melo. You the one who sounds bitter, for the way you responded to my post.

And Melo wont be here by next summer, unless he signs the extension <<How does that sound bitter? It sounds realistic, with no emotion to me.
To my defense I am indeed an online forums psychologist. Name is Dr. Douglas BeeEss.

No one without bitterness needs to use the word "period" and then actually use a period after the word.

As a Denver fan, the hope is to see the team attain the most beneficial package in any deal for star Carmelo Anthony. Not disagreement there.

Only the issue becomes more intriguing if the Nets fail to believe Anthony would decide to extend and they simply back out, which leaves New York's offer w/out the coveted Landry Fields. Denver isn't satisfied.

At some point, if not deal is struck with NJ or NY, the Nuggets will look for something else from another team to score any good value rather than play the year out and watch him walk empty handed.

The team isn't necessarily Dallas, I think a team like the Orlando Magic should offer up something themselves. We know Chicago was somewhat in talks, but Denver wants Noah which the Bulls were reluctant to hand over.

All in all, perhaps you aren't sad or bitter, but the Nuggets will be if they get nothing.

Flash3
12-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Knicks w/ Melo >>> Bulls

Getting Melo would firmly place the Knicks in the Hawks/Bulls tier in the East (it's arguable that we're already there), and just beneath the Celtics, Heat, Magic tier and it could even propel us into that category.

Of course Dallas could win a title with him, but i'm pretty sure he wants to be on that east coast.

not its not :laugh2:

SteBO
12-15-2010, 02:54 PM
I just think that denver needs a center, instead of Haywood Tyson Chandler then.

That's better :clap:

Go_NUGGETS
12-15-2010, 02:54 PM

We need a center to come play along with Melo..What good is a center to our team if Melo is not around?...But if Melo's gone?, then we need younger talent, and mobility to progress in the future...The mavs can't offer anything that will satisfy that need.

tbomlad
12-15-2010, 02:59 PM
To my defense I am indeed an online forums psychologist. Name is Dr. Douglas BeeEss.

No one without bitterness needs to use the word "period" and then actually use a period after the word.

As a Denver fan, the hope is to see the team attain the most beneficial package in any deal for star Carmelo Anthony. Not disagreement there.

Only the issue becomes more intriguing if the Nets fail to believe Anthony would decide to extend and they simply back out, which leaves New York's offer w/out the coveted Landry Fields. Denver isn't satisfied.

At some point, if not deal is struck with NJ or NY, the Nuggets will look for something else from another team to score any good value rather than play the year out and watch him walk empty handed.

The team isn't necessarily Dallas, I think a team like the Orlando Magic should offer up something themselves. We know Chicago was somewhat in talks, but Denver wants Noah which the Bulls were reluctant to hand over.

All in all, perhaps you aren't sad or bitter, but the Nuggets will be if they get nothing.

Exactly, the Magic easily can put together the best package and I'm sure they will.

thedfactor
12-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I think a better shot for Dallas landing Melo is in a 3-team trade:

Let's say DAL/DEN/MEM breakdown like so...

DALLAS receives: Carmelo Anthony and Sam Young
DENVER receives: O.J. Mayo, Hasheem Thabeet, Caron Butler, Dallas' 2011 1st
MEMPHIS receives: Jason Terry, Dominigue Jones, Alexis Ajinca, Trade Exception, 2nd round pick

Go_NUGGETS
12-15-2010, 03:04 PM

Use the word "PERIOD"?? Please Mr. Sigmund Freud...Explain what you mean by incorporating the word "PERIOD" into your observation? Was I the one who used the word "PERIOD"? Because I don't recall doing it...Still no bitterness.

And no matter how much you analyze the Nuggets intentions, the fact still remains...He wont be a Mav. He's most likely to be shipped out away from the west.

thedfactor
12-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Use the word "PERIOD"?? Please Mr. Sigmund Freud...Explain what you mean by incorporating the word "PERIOD" into your observation? Was I the one who used the word "PERIOD"? Because I don't recall doing it...Still no bitterness.

And no matter how much you analyze the Nuggets intentions, the fact still remains...He wont be a Mav. He's most likely to be shipped out away from the west.It's fine with me if he's not a Dallas Maverick. So, he gets sent to the East. If the Nets, they waste all the their assets for nothing. The Knicks would be wise to wait and I think they will unless Denver agrees to take the deal without Fields. That leaves who? Charlotte? I'd love to see them go after Melo and get him for the rent because there's no way he stays and then the Knicks get him for absolutely nothing but the new FA contract he signs. Knicks are back

Go_NUGGETS
12-15-2010, 03:17 PM
It's fine with me if he's not a Dallas Maverick. So, he gets sent to the East. If the Nets, they waste all the their assets for nothing. The Knicks would be wise to wait and I think they will unless Denver agrees to take the deal without Fields. That leaves who? Charlotte? I'd love to see them go after Melo and get him for the rent because there's no way he stays and then the Knicks get him for absolutely nothing but the new FA contract he signs. Knicks are back

I don't get it tho, the point still remains...He wont be a Mav!...Like I said in my first post, "Thats all". If it's fine with you that he wont be a Maverick, then you have no reason to come at me and call me "bitter", because that showcases more bitterness from you, from me saying that he wont be a Mav.

And people are doubting the Nets...Lets not forget, Melo and Jay Z are buttbuddies. :cool:

Mudvayne91
12-15-2010, 03:21 PM
I don't think he cares at all . . . I think he would love to win.

You're absolutely right, 15-9 is a crap record..... He wants a major market, preferably NY. If he was so concerned about winning, why would he have wanted to go to the Knicks before this season? They are winning now (even though they're schedule has been solo easy) but they appeared to be a lottery pick team.

THE MTL
12-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Mavs want everybody. I have never seen a good team as desperate as the Mavs. Still even with stacked talent playing great, they want Melo. They want everyone

LTBaByyy
12-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Mavs want everybody. I have never seen a good team as desperate as the Mavs. Still even with stacked talent playing great, they want Melo. They want everyone

Coming from a Knicks fan??? Yall are in every trade rumor I've seen

icon1914
12-15-2010, 04:05 PM
I think Denver is overplaying their hand. They are not really in a position to be picky. If Carmelo refuses to sign an extension there is no way any team will give them anything more than an unwanted player and maybe a late first round pick.

I say that to say this: it's teams like Dallas, with a few pieces that can be gambled, that might be able to work something out. Dallas and the Magic might be willing to take Melo without a extension with hopes they can win him over. Teams like NJ would never send Favors and picks w/o a trade extension.

It kinda comes down to how bad does Melo want the max deal on the table? If he is willing to wait though the new CBA deal( which could cost him millions) then Denver has no real leverage... But if he wants that deal then Denver has a say...

At this point I would not count anyone out of the discussion since every teams needs are different.

BlondeBomber41
12-15-2010, 04:12 PM

Yep, the Mavs do want every top 5 player who becomes available. What a stupid, desperate team they are. I guess when a Melo or Chris Paul or Lebron James become available in the future they shouldn't give it any thought because geniuses like you will think badly of them.

210Don
12-15-2010, 04:14 PM

very true they cant just beleive in there team thats why they wont ever win, i wonder how the players feel now hearing this.

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 04:18 PM

How many championships have the Mavs won? How far many times have they just shown that they were probably one key player short maybe joining the Elites of the league. They are 1000000% right if they look into every player that is available and can help their team take a step in the right direction. They are yet to make a move that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If it was my favourite team I would LOVE that about them.

BlondeBomber41
12-15-2010, 04:31 PM
The Mavs biggest need, forever, has been a true sidekick to Dirk Nowitzki. A 1/2 punch. Guys like Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Caron Butler, Devin Harris and Jerry Stackhouse are all good players, but Dirk has never had a legit #2 guy. So yeah, when one becomes available they do what they can to try and get him.

Draco
12-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Knicks w/ Melo >>> Bulls

Well, Love didn't burn the Bulls for 31 and 31.. big game performances against the Knicks didn't change with the addition of Felton and Amare so why should it change by adding Melo? He's bringing the D to stat city? I'll take the Bulls D over the Knicks O any day.

nycericanguy
12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Pg.Kidd
Sg.Carmelo
Sf.Marion
Pf.Dirk
C.Chandler

I just threw up a lil in my mouth. You think DAL is going to get Melo AND throw that nasty Haywood contract on DEN to top it off?

Butler wouldn't have much value to a rebuilding team like DEN either.

nycericanguy
12-15-2010, 05:11 PM
You're absolutely right, 15-9 is a crap record..... He wants a major market, preferably NY. If he was so concerned about winning, why would he have wanted to go to the Knicks before this season? They are winning now (even though they're schedule has been solo easy) but they appeared to be a lottery pick team.

i don't think anyone thought NY would be a lottery team before the season. Well not after they signed Amare & Felton and made the Lee trade at least.

thedfactor
12-15-2010, 05:12 PM
very true they cant just beleive in there team thats why they wont ever win, i wonder how the players feel now hearing this.Damn Stephen Jackson as a Spur. That seems like forever ago.

The Mavs biggest need, forever, has been a true sidekick to Dirk Nowitzki. A 1/2 punch. Guys like Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Caron Butler, Devin Harris and Jerry Stackhouse are all good players, but Dirk has never had a legit #2 guy. So yeah, when one becomes available they do what they can to try and get him.Dirk/Melo or Melo/Dirk is one damn great duo. It could provide us our best shot ever.

tdunk21
12-15-2010, 05:20 PM
denver is looking to rebuild if melo leaves....why in the hell will denver accept any of mavs players in a deal when they are looking to rebuild? wont happen.....imo nets have much to offer for melo IF denver is looking to rebuild......

Ty Fast
12-15-2010, 05:25 PM
how about the magic? they are in the east, which is where he said he wants to play and the magic have some nice pieces. they also got the trade exeption for hedo so they could take on kenyon martin as well. plus denver and orlando are in opposite conferences

Go_NUGGETS
12-15-2010, 05:31 PM
denver is looking to rebuild if melo leaves....why in the hell will denver accept any of mavs players in a deal when they are looking to rebuild? wont happen.....imo nets have much to offer for melo IF denver is looking to rebuild......

NETS are really the only team that A LOT, if not Majority of Nuggets fans wanna deal with.

tdunk21
12-15-2010, 05:38 PM
NETS are really the only team that A LOT, if not Majority of Nuggets fans wanna deal with.

like some dude suggested butler, haywood and someone else for melo......i wouldnt do that if i were denver.....butler and haywood not really rebuilding pieces.....they are more of a role player type players....

210Don
12-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Damn Stephen Jackson as a Spur. That seems like forever ago.

Dirk/Melo or Melo/Dirk is one damn great duo. It could provide us our best shot ever.
jack is my favorite player. mainly because he is a mav killer

Time2Dieeee
12-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Melo only wants New York, but he'll probably end up in Jersey

more like the Brooyln New Yorkers :facepalm:

thedfactor
12-15-2010, 06:12 PM
denver is looking to rebuild if melo leaves....why in the hell will denver accept any of mavs players in a deal when they are looking to rebuild? wont happen.....imo nets have much to offer for melo IF denver is looking to rebuild......It's no mystery that the Nets have the best package by far if we consider the Knicks won't offer Fields. Even then the Nets have the better offer. BUT the thing is the NETS might not agree to the offer Denver wants w/out Melo agreeing to extension, another non-mystery. So comparing the Mavs offer, whatever it may be, to the Nets offer isn't the correct angle to take.

drobe86
12-15-2010, 07:00 PM
No one ABSOLUTELY no one wants anything to do with Haywood's contract may very well turn out to be one of the worst in the league relative to performance in a year's time.

You do realize the only reason Haywoods numbers are down is because he isn't getting the minutes. Don't think for a second that if we didn't have Tyson Chandler that Haywood would be starting and averaging 10 and 10.... Just saying

drobe86
12-15-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't want Melo without an extension. That being said Caron Butler and Desawn Stevenson give them great flexibility because they come off the books in July. Those 2 plus 2 first round picks, cash, and Dominique Jones is more than enough compensation for Melo. If not, fine too I mean it's not like we aren't 19-5 right now without him anyway....

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 07:20 PM
You do realize the only reason Haywoods numbers are down is because he isn't getting the minutes. Don't think for a second that if we didn't have Tyson Chandler that Haywood would be starting and averaging 10 and 10.... Just saying

:speechless:

you honestly believe that a 31 (30 is the age where centers start reaching the twilight of their career) year old C who busted his butt for ONCE in his career and got paid because of it is going to do something he has NEVER been able to do since has been in the league. Last season Haywood was MUCH better than Tyson Chandler but yet still he couldn't win himself the starting job this season.... Just saying.

cheetos185
12-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't want Melo without an extension. That being said Caron Butler and Desawn Stevenson give them great flexibility because they come off the books in July. Those 2 plus 2 first round picks, cash, and Dominique Jones is more than enough compensation for Melo. If not, fine too I mean it's not like we aren't 19-5 right now without him anyway....

those 2 first rounders will be close to 2nd round pick range and in that case whats wrong with knicks offer curry buike chandler or gallo and first rounder (AR trade) curry's salary is already 50% paid and buike's contract is insured so denver saves like 8mil already not to mention sending melo out to east would better option for them

drobe86
12-15-2010, 07:30 PM
:speechless:

you honestly believe that a 31 (30 is the age where centers start reaching the twilight of their career) year old C who busted his butt for ONCE in his career and got paid because of it is going to do something he has NEVER been able to do since has been in the league. Last season Haywood was MUCH better than Tyson Chandler but yet still he couldn't win himself the starting job this season.... Just saying.

Well last year Haywood averaged 10 and 9.... But you have to understand that Chandler was banged up last year. This year he's healthy and playing well. Both guys are top 15 centers and I can't say enough about what they've done to get us to 19-5 this season.

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Well last year Haywood averaged 10 and 9.... But you have to understand that Chandler was banged up last year. This year he's healthy and playing well. Both guys are top 15 centers and I can't say enough about what they've done to get us to 19-5 this season.

Last year he averaged 9 and 9 and he was busting his butt in order to get paid (see 03-04 Erick Dampier) he never showed that kind of promise at any time in his career. It was very unlikely that he'd get 10 and 10 this season hell he would have been lucky to match Tyson's production.

drobe86
12-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Last year he averaged 9 and 9 and he was busting his butt in order to get paid (see 03-04 Erick Dampier) he never showed that kind of promise at any time in his career. It was very unlikely that he'd get 10 and 10 this season hell he would have been lucky to match Tyson's production.

Haha thats funny. You seriously compared big Wood to Ericka Dampier? Damp is terrible lol... He can't catch, jump, or really do anything except foul and set screens..... Wood can score in the paint,rebound, and block shots....

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Haha thats funny. You seriously compared big Wood to Ericka Dampier? Damp is terrible lol... He can't catch, jump, or really do anything except foul and set screens..... Wood can score in the paint,rebound, and block shots....

Are you seriously THAT slow? Seriously? I'll lay back and just let you bask in your st******

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mplsman
12-15-2010, 08:03 PM
How can the Mavs afford Melo? Trade Jason Terry?

TEXASTITAN
12-15-2010, 08:20 PM
This kind of **** isn't even news because EVERY team in the NBA is in touch with the Nuggets regarding Melo and his availability tell us all something we don't already know.