PDA

View Full Version : Is John Wall's career in jeopardy?

TheWatcher34
12-15-2010, 07:30 AM
He had been hyped before the season and so far, as a rookie, he's stood up to the expectations as the #1 pick. Whenever he played, he put up big numbers and helped the Wizard get a few W's.

However, he seems to be very injury prone. he has already missed almost half of the season...

Do you think that Wall's knee will eventually have a negative effect on his entire career??
Were his knee problems already known when he played in college??

Here's a statement from Flip Saunders:
"I don't think, with his situation, having tendonitis, that he's ever going to be pain free from that," said Saunders. "So I think what we're going to do is we're going to monitor it.
from http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-wizards/2010/12/14/1876440/john-wall-injury-tendonitis-flip-saunders

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 07:41 AM
He had been hyped before the season and so far, as a rookie, he's stood up to the expectations as the #1 pick. Whenever he played, he put up big numbers and helped the Wizard get a few W's.

However, he seems to be very injury prone. he has already missed almost half the season, i think.
Do you think that Wall's knee will eventually have a negative effect on his entire career??
Was his knee problem known already when he played in college??

"I don't think, with his situation, having tendonitis, that he's ever going to be pain free from that," said Saunders. "So I think what we're going to do is we're going to monitor it.
from http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-wizards/2010/12/14/1876440/john-wall-injury-tendonitis-flip-saunders

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

have the season isn't even over as yet.

Career in jeopardy? That's cute. He'd be fine he just needs to get it right and adjust to the rigors of NBA. Blake Griffin's career should also be in jeopardy.

DitchDat
12-15-2010, 07:46 AM
I don't think so, he'll be fine

magichatnumber9
12-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Tendinitis stays with you forever. Just saying unless you have it that word probably doesn't mean much to you.

More-Than-Most
12-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Though this thread is taking it over the top a bit its still a cause for concern... He is a rookie and hes like 19 right and he already is having knee trouble... Knee trouble is a bad sign period.

kbaxter34
12-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Derrick Rose had issues with tendinitis his rookie year, his career must be over.

Half the NBA has tendinitis, its a common injury with NBA players. Better strength and conditioning of the supporting muscles will help alleviate this problem.

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Derrick Rose had issues with tendinitis his rookie year, his career must be over.

Half the NBA has tendinitis, its a common injury with NBA players. Better strength and conditioning of the supporting muscles will help alleviate this problem.

Exactly!!! With athletes in general. This is nothing new or career threatening. These guys are world class athletes he'll work through it.

matthollabak
12-15-2010, 08:43 AM
I wouldn't say career in jeopardy....but I don't think he will ever play 82 games in a year either. 20 with Tendonitis pretty much means that 70 may be the most games he sees an any given season.....and that is if he isn't over compensating with his other leg or doesn't injure anything else that particular season..

bal_ravens
12-15-2010, 08:53 AM
I dont think he missed all the games due to his knee either. The first time was his ankle, then his hip, now his knee.

So not, his career isnt in jeopardy

venom518
12-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they only played 35 games, so Wall would have to have missed all games played thus far to miss half the season. Plus the Wizards knew about this before they drafted him and still made him the #1 pick, so I don't see any cause for concern.

MiamiWadeCounty
12-15-2010, 09:15 AM
tendentious is the worst. it stays with you forever. there are some surgical procedures that can be performed to alleviate the pain. my friend went to the doctor and they took blood from his elbow and put it in his knee to make his knees stronger i assume. the answer is no, his career is not in jeopardy, however his knee problems could limit him from reaching his full potential. he does have a professional training staff, world-class doctors and loads of money so he is at an advantage in that regards.

Weezy
12-15-2010, 10:22 AM
He should be fine.

John Walls Era
12-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Close. Dumb thread.

mikealike305
12-15-2010, 11:32 AM
in jeopardy after just over a qr of his rookie season? idk if many ppl would say odens career is in jeopardy so i think this thread is maybe 2 years and a couple surgeries away from making any kinda sense

Bullsfan22
12-15-2010, 11:33 AM
wow seriously? questioning his career?

Cool007
12-15-2010, 01:19 PM

Tendinitis is not the problem. Problem is Wall sitting out games.

Rose has had the same problem but always played through it. He was a Gym rat and teammates and coaches got worried when Rose would spend hours and hours in the gym that they had to close the gym so Rose doesn't go in there and burn himself out.

Anyway, if Wall keeps skipping the games, I would have to question his toughness. Rose has played through it and most players play through it. Not to mention Rose is playing through turf toe as well this whole season so far.

I really compared Wall to Rose as a great talent and I think both are soooooooooo similar in every way. I just hope Wall is as tough as Rose.

Chicagofaithful
12-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Tendinitis is not the problem. Problem is Wall sitting out games.

Rose has had the same problem but always played through it. He was a Gym rat and teammates and coaches got worried when Rose would spend hours and hours in the gym that they had to close the gym so Rose doesn't go in there and burn himself out.

Anyway, if Wall keeps skipping the games, I would have to question his toughness. Rose has played through it and most players play through it. Not to mention Rose is playing through turf toe as well this whole season so far.

I really compared Wall to Rose as a great talent and I think both are soooooooooo similar in every way. I just hope Wall is as tough as Rose.

why instigate?

Eyegazym27
12-15-2010, 02:01 PM
best example of bad knees and tendinitis for a player is easily Brandon Roy. despite how hard he works he still misses time too. that bone on bone doesn't feel good at all. sucks Wall is having the same issues..

arkanian215
12-15-2010, 02:42 PM
KT tape that up. Tendinitis is treatable.

Shonuff
12-15-2010, 03:48 PM
For one, some people on here can be real ****s. The OP just asked an opinion and people jump all over him. Next, the OP said he has already missed half the season which means half of the CURRENT season. Reading comprehension anyone?

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 04:51 PM
For one, some people on here can be real ****s. The OP just asked an opinion and people jump all over him. Next, the OP said he has already missed half the season which means half of the CURRENT season. Reading comprehension anyone?

LMAO

If someone says a player has missed half the season it mean half of the 82 games. A season is 82 games long. The correct thing to say already missed half of his teams games this season.

Ty Fast
12-15-2010, 05:01 PM
maybe getting drafted #1 is bad luck. oden, wall, griffin.

PhillyFaninLA
12-15-2010, 05:07 PM
A lot of guys have different chronic problems. I think it may lead to the occasional game or games off throughout his career but not one that will jeopardize it.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Are some of you seriously that blind to not understand the OP when he said "Walls missed half the season?"

When he says season, he means all the games up to this point, and he stated Walls missed half of them.

Is it that hard to understand? Yes, its not the best way to state the point, but come on, don't be douches and pick apart the OP just for the sake of it. You all know damn well what he meant.

Gators123
12-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Are some of you seriously that blind to not understand the OP when he said "Walls missed half the season?"

When he says season, he means all the games up to this point, and he stated Walls missed half of them.

Is it that hard to understand? Yes, its not the best way to state the point, but come on, don't be douches and pick apart the OP just for the sake of it. You all know damn well what he meant.

Agree

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 05:43 PM

We understand what he means its obvious. That doesn't make it right. I was pulling his leg earlier but you guys are taking it personally on his part.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-15-2010, 06:03 PM
We understand what he means its obvious. That doesn't make it right. I was pulling his leg earlier but you guys are taking it personally on his part.

Well you said something on the 1st page

You replied to a poster above who said basically the same thing as me

And now you replied to me

And on top of that, you just admitted what he meant was obvious

So why do you have to keep trying to take this thread off topic, when all the dude wanted to talk about was Wall? 50% of the posts on this site don't have the correct grammar, but we all know what the people mean (except Det32). If you were just pulling his leg, you wouldn't be responding to the OP, myself, and Shonuff, who's been basically saying to just cool it.

Swashcuff
12-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Well you said something on the 1st page

You replied to a poster above who said basically the same thing as me

And now you replied to me

And on top of that, you just admitted what he meant was obvious

So why do you have to keep trying to take this thread off topic, when all the dude wanted to talk about was Wall? 50% of the posts on this site don't have the correct grammar, but we all know what the people mean (except Det32). If you were just pulling his leg, you wouldn't be responding to everybody who's been basically saying to just cool it.

cool story bro

TheWatcher34
12-15-2010, 06:27 PM
i said i think Wall has missed ALMOST half the season (so far!)!

i didn't say: out of 81 games (which of course havent been played yet) Wall will miss 40. that would make no sense.

i didn't expect that to cause controversy..

people argue that his injuri(es) is not that serious..ok, got the information. i didnt know what tendinitis was.

i admit that i chose the wrong word by putting "in jeopardy". i does sound like an overstatement. hopefully he'll be fine in the long run.

i dont understand why people now start discussing about horse **** !?!

drobe86
12-15-2010, 06:45 PM
No way is his career in jeopardy. John Wall=the truth, way, and the light

Mplsman
12-15-2010, 07:03 PM
He is still very young, he'll get better.

THE MTL
12-15-2010, 07:06 PM

However, he seems to be very injury prone. he has already missed almost half of the season...

Were his knee problems already known when he played in college??

Wow, went right to "career in jeopardy"?

That's like saying "oh I coughed"........."I must have pneumonia"