PDA

View Full Version : Nets Expect to make trade

Hoopsadvocate
12-13-2010, 08:08 PM
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2010/12/nets_gm_billy_king_says_he_exp.html

Nets general manager Billy King says he expects to make some trades this season.

"We'll probably do some deals before the deadline, I'm pretty sure," King said. "When you have your record like we are, you've got to do some things to get better."

The Nets are 6-18 and currently on a seven-game losing streak.

King added that any deal will be made with an eye on the long-term rather than a short-term fix.

"That's my job, is to stay on the phones and find something that'll help us," King said. "And that's what I'll continue to do."

Doesnt say with who, and at first thought u think melo but if he doesnt agree to an extention with them they wont pull the trigger as u all know.

So what other trades can they make to get significantly better soon if the melo thing doesnt work out? Maybe a potential blockbuster in the making with some other team? I say it cause Prokov wants to win and win soon. The trade deadline should be an exciting one.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Murphy will be gone for sure

Hoopsadvocate
12-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Okay just a tought since wizards want to get rid of arenas and arenas thinks his time is done and since the bobcats arent going anywhere and g wallace name was mentioned on the trading block i think this would be a fair trade to improve all 3 teams.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2a4a9bd

Nets get: Arenas, Gerald Wallace

Wizards get: Troy murphys expiring and a future NJ 1st round draft pick

Bobcats get: Terrence williams and devin harris and the nets up coming 1st round draft pick.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Okay just a tought since wizards want to get rid of arenas and arenas thinks his time is done and since the bobcats arent going anywhere and g wallace name was mentioned on the trading block i think this would be a fair trade to improve all 3 teams.

Bobcats get: Terrence williams and devin harris and the nets up coming 1st round draft pick.

Nets fan?

ShakeN'Bake
12-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Would be interesting to see if they would put Harris on the block.

AI4MVP
12-13-2010, 08:20 PM

as much as i like gerald wallace, theres no ****ing way in hell that hes worth terrance williams, devin harris, and this years lottery pick

Hoopsadvocate
12-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Nets fan?

hehehe nope just like seeing another nba team shake it up already and the nuggets are taking their sweet time.

I mean before the wizards were trying to give arenas contract away this way they get some young talent in the pick to develop with their already young core and an expiring. The bobcats may not even make the playoffs and devin harris can help relieve Augustin of all the pg hassel and t will is still full of potential and both are cheap which the bobcats like sure the talent isnt equal but it helps them rebuild faster. And of course the nets become a potential contender on paper.

fredo832
12-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Not really worth being put in the Main Forum IMO

lvlheaded
12-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Honestly I think Arenas and Wallace could make the Nets compete for the final playoff seed if they can stay afloat till the deadline. However, I dont see the Bobcats trading Wallace to the Nets to help them compete.

Iggy could be a good fit for NJ as well

Slimsim
12-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Nets fan?

This is a decent deal Gilbert arenas gives them Scoring and Gerald Wallace makes them Better defensively.

Hoopsadvocate
12-13-2010, 08:26 PM
as much as i like gerald wallace, theres no ****ing way in hell that hes worth terrance williams, devin harris, and this years lottery pick

i had t will on my fantasy team and expected him to do big things this year but looks like Avery Johnson isnt to high on him and he may never shine while under this system reminds me a bit of M beasley on the HEAT g wallace is a much safer and better fit in the nets he can play pf and sf for u guys and avery will love his defense. And dont forget arenas is part of the package and a fresh start is just what he needs and playing with a legit big and sf who plays in the paint seems like they will be perfect compliments to each other.

GSRaider
12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Don't know how you would make this trade work financially?

Somehow, Brook Lopez for Monta, Andris and 1st round pick...

Is that a $h!+ trade for the warriors or the nets or for both?

NYK_kidd77
12-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Maybe Mayo since he is rumored to be moved?

Hoopsadvocate
12-13-2010, 08:43 PM

Its hard to make that work without gutting the nets roster cause they have so many small contracts.

didnt even think monta was on the block. HAve their been talks of moving him from GS?

ShakeN'Bake
12-13-2010, 08:43 PM

Why would the nets want Harris and Monta.

Tony_Starks
12-13-2010, 08:45 PM
multiple people were saying today that the whole "Melo only signing extension with NY" thing was exaggerated and not true. They're at the top of his list but apparently he's still open to signing with Chicago and possibly even New Jersey.

GSRaider
12-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Its hard to make that work without gutting the nets roster cause they have so many small contracts.

didnt even think monta was on the block. HAve their been talks of moving him from GS?

Not really sure... But I do live in the Bay and from talking with buddies and reading articles I do think the Warriors front office is willing to part with everyone on the roster except for Curry...

GSRaider
12-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Why would the nets want Harris and Monta.

Hmmm... That's not the worst backcourt but I agree with you... I guess this is a poor trade for the nets...

Oh well, just a bad idea...

JB0B0
12-13-2010, 08:54 PM
multiple people were saying today that the whole "Melo only signing extension with NY" thing was exaggerated and not true. They're at the top of his list but apparently he's still open to signing with Chicago and possibly even New Jersey.

No way he signs with NJ. He wants to play for a winning team.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
12-13-2010, 09:11 PM
This is a decent deal Gilbert arenas gives them Scoring and Gerald Wallace makes them Better defensively.

True true

netsgiantsyanks
12-13-2010, 09:34 PM

no

JerseysFinest
12-13-2010, 10:18 PM
No way he signs with NJ. He wants to play for a winning team.

No offense to you, but that is complete bull****. People make the case that the 4 team deal that fell apart in September was due to the fact he doesn't want to resign with NJ, but it was in fact Utah who was reluctant to trade Kirilenko, and Charlotte was hesitant to offer up Augustin. Why would NJ keep pursuing him so hard if they knew he wouldn't resign with them? They must've been told by his people through some back-channeling that he would come to NJ.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-13-2010, 10:27 PM
If they wanna get better defensively we'll give em Brewer for Morrow.

arkanian215
12-13-2010, 10:54 PM

Yall had the chance to sign him during the offseason but opted for Korver instead.

Chill_Will_24
12-13-2010, 10:55 PM
This team just needs a scorer. Their defense is not that bad. They just got a bunch of young guys learning to play together and making silly mistakes. This team has lost so many close games from a lack of a go to guy. We new a guy that can make bucket when we go on droughts. Mayo maybe? Imo if the Knicks get Melo then this Nets need to stay put and dare I say tank? Yea I said it!

xabial
12-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Nets Look Good On Paper. They Just need Lopez to Rebound More, And stop having a one dimensional Game.

JPHX
12-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Nets Look Good On Paper. They Just need Lopez to Rebound More, And stop having a one dimensional Game.

they need to reform the twin towers. We'll give them Robin Lopez.:)

HOZ THE KNICK
12-14-2010, 02:22 AM
They need to pick up a big time star before moving to ny in 2012

Sixerlover
12-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Murphy's 10 mil expiring + T-Will + Damion James for ??

Chill_Will_24
12-14-2010, 02:27 AM
They need to pick up a big time star before moving to ny in 2012

Not happening... Thank you Knicks... You couldn't just settle with Amare... You need Melo too. Smh couldn't you just share with your NY brothers...

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Yall had the chance to sign him during the offseason but opted for Korver instead.

No we chose to sign Redick to an offer sheet over Morrow, had the Bulls known the Magic were likely gonna match, they would've gave it to Morrow. We had already signed Korver before that, we were trying to get 2 of the best 3-point shooting white boys in the league lol

Young and Stupid
12-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Murphy's 10 mil expiring + T-Will + Damion James for ??

Oh, I've been wanting to ask a Sixers fan -- what do you think about a deal similar to the one that follows?

Murphy
James
Outlaw
Warriors 1st Rounder (2011)

for

Iggy
Nocioni

Sixerlover
12-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Oh, I've been wanting to ask a Sixers fan -- what do you think about a deal similar to the one that follows?

Murphy
James
Outlaw

for

Iggy
Nocioni

I like taking Noc's deal back, and I like the Warriors pick, but Outlaw's contract is a no-no and James isn't the young talent we'd be looking for.

Closer than most Murphy + 2012 conditional protected 2nd for Iguodala crap deals I see, but it would need some adjustments.

Young and Stupid
12-14-2010, 02:38 AM
I like taking Noc's deal back, and I like the Warriors pick, but Outlaw's contract is a no-no and James isn't the young talent we'd be looking for.

Closer than most Murphy + 2012 conditional protected 2nd for Iguodala crap deals I see, but it would need some adjustments.

Such as?

The reason the pick is thrown in is to compensate the Sixers for taking Outlaw's contract (Thorn's signing). I've heard rumblings that fans are becoming aggravated with Iggy's play and are looking to move him so that Turner can develop. James has shown great promise, but had get out of Avery's doghouse for some peculiar reason.

THE MTL
12-14-2010, 02:39 AM
I dont like this for NJ. The Russian seems impatient and they might do something stupid (like signing Petro to 3mil per year or Travis Outlaw to 7.5 million per year) ********!

I can definitely see them trading Troy Murphy expiring for somebody though. Just dont mess up ur cap too much NJ!

LA_Raiders
12-14-2010, 02:39 AM
They are going after Melo.

THE MTL
12-14-2010, 03:02 AM
They are going after Melo.

If Nets can make a big trade that brings them someone of legit help then I can see Melo signing there.

As good as Brook Lopez and Devin Harris are....they only manage to win 12-games last season? Carmelo def needs more.

Knicks21
12-14-2010, 03:23 AM

If he wanted to play for New Jersey he would be there already. That trade at the start of the season between Jazz, Bobcats, Nets and Nuggets was going to go through if melo agreed to play for the Nets. It just aint happening.

Kashmir13579
12-14-2010, 03:24 AM
they're gonna go and and get Ridnour and Nazr Mohammed

TrueFan420
12-14-2010, 03:53 AM
If he wanted to play for New Jersey he would be there already. That trade at the start of the season between Jazz, Bobcats, Nets and Nuggets was going to go through if melo agreed to play for the Nets. It just aint happening.

That might be true but the knicks getting melo for anything less than curry, gallo, chandler or fields and a 1st aint happening either

Bruno
12-14-2010, 05:22 AM
I hope Murphy gets traded to a bottom-feeder where he can put up great stats. I still have him in two fantasy leagues.

Apophis
12-14-2010, 05:44 AM
That might be true but the knicks getting melo for anything less than curry, gallo, chandler or fields and a 1st aint happening either

That is not true... We will get him during the free agency and it wouldn't cost any of those players...

jimbobjarree
12-14-2010, 06:16 AM
I hope they do and get stronger. Who is available though that would strengthen them? Melo/Iggy/Mayo...one of Detroits oldies?

You dont think they'd maybe trade Harris and stuff for Nash, and then bring in Melo?

jimbobjarree
12-14-2010, 06:17 AM
I hope they do and get stronger. Who is available though that would strengthen them? Melo/Iggy/Mayo...one of Detroits oldies?

You dont think they'd maybe trade Harris and stuff for Nash, and then bring in Melo?

Sly Guy
12-14-2010, 10:02 AM
the only untradeable on that roster is kris humphries. As long as he's dating a kardashian, he's already generating more interest for the organization than all the rest of the team combined.

:P

Bigbadmoffo
12-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Nets fan?

I thought Bobcats fan.

Flash3
12-14-2010, 10:18 AM

wow. horrible trade for the nets, its so mind boggling bad for them.

they essentially give up too young guys and 2 first round draft picks for a gross contract in arenas and a guy who might not even want to play for the
nets.

Chill_Will_24
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
What's Rubios value at? What would it take to get him from the wolves? Anyone got an idea? I can't imagine a lot considering reading between the lines he prefers not playing for MIN and he hasn't done anything extraordinary in Europe. His value is purely on potential

Flash3
12-14-2010, 11:13 AM
What's Rubios value at? What would it take to get him from the wolves? Anyone got an idea? I can't imagine a lot considering reading between the lines he prefers not playing for MIN and he hasn't done anything extraordinary in Europe. His value is purely on potential

im sure he wouldnt want to play in the ''swamp'' either.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2010, 11:20 AM

Kahn will not trade Rubio for anything short of a star. He is obsessed with Rubio. I have no clue if that is good or bad. But he has stated multiple times, Rubio is going nowhere
Not defending it or attacking it. Just stating the facts

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-14-2010, 11:24 AM
How about Maggette,Brockman for Murphy?

Chill_Will_24
12-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Kahn will not trade Rubio for anything short of a star. He is obsessed with Rubio. I have no clue if that is good or bad. But he has stated multiple times, Rubio is going nowhere
Not defending it or attacking it. Just stating the facts

Thought so... I was just wondering. I want him not so much for his play but for his hype. This team will be beyond irrelevant if NY gets Melo. More than winning what this team needs most is some excitement. No one cares about the Nets. With the move to Brooklyn coming they need something to get fans excited. Rubio would do that in NY. This kid has the league buzzing to see what he can do. He has NBA superstars answering questions bout him all the time. He's getting props from Kobe!!! His play might not translate into the NBA but he's still a big draw especially in NY.

Chill_Will_24
12-14-2010, 12:53 PM
im sure he wouldnt want to play in the ''swamp'' either.

Well they're not in the swamp anymore. They're in Newark with an impending move to Brooklyn. If there's a lockout next year then that means that he would be coming straight to Brooklyn if the Nets keep him overseas for the rest of the season.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-14-2010, 01:01 PM
the nets are similar to the knicks they have a lot of young prospects with potential they are 1 superstar away from being headed in the right direction.....my point they have to land a star right now before all confidence is lost

Hawkeye15
12-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Thought so... I was just wondering. I want him not so much for his play but for his hype. This team will be beyond irrelevant if NY gets Melo. More than winning what this team needs most is some excitement. No one cares about the Nets. With the move to Brooklyn coming they need something to get fans excited. Rubio would do that in NY. This kid has the league buzzing to see what he can do. He has NBA superstars answering questions bout him all the time. He's getting props from Kobe!!! His play might not translate into the NBA but he's still a big draw especially in NY.

well, I think that is part of Kahn's reasoning as well. The Wolves just don't draw a ton of interest. You throw Rubio that team with Love, Beasley, etc, and you start drawing in fans.
I think Rubio's game will translate fine. But that is another conversation

Chill_Will_24
12-14-2010, 01:36 PM
well, I think that is part of Kahn's reasoning as well. The Wolves just don't draw a ton of interest. You throw Rubio that team with Love, Beasley, etc, and you start drawing in fans.
I think Rubio's game will translate fine. But that is another conversation

Is there a huge European population in MIN?

Hawkeye15
12-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Is there a huge European population in MIN?

no, but everyone has heard of Ricky Rubio. He will sell tickets anywhere

Chill_Will_24
12-14-2010, 01:45 PM
no, but everyone has heard of Ricky Rubio. He will sell tickets anywhere

True. I'm so jealous of Kahn. That kid can fill up an arena.

Young and Stupid
12-14-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm so jealous of Kahn.

Take note guys -- you will never see this sentence assembled again.

Flash3
12-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Take note guys -- you will never see this sentence assembled again.

im so jealous of kahn. :D

Hawkeye15
12-14-2010, 01:54 PM
I was going to make that my signature. And honestly, the opinions of Kahn have slowly started to move to the positive side.

Chill_Will_24
12-14-2010, 02:25 PM
I was going to make that my signature. And honestly, the opinions of Kahn have slowly started to move to the positive side.

Naaaa he's still an idiot. I'm jealous that he has such a potential star waiting in Europe. He's done some dumb **** but taking Rubio was not one of them.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Naaaa he's still an idiot. I'm jealous that he has such a potential star waiting in Europe. He's done some dumb **** but taking Rubio was not one of them.

he has done plenty of good things too. I really don't feel like debating Kahn, but its interesting how many so called experts were all over him, and are now slowly changing their tune. Calling him an idiot is a bit much, don't you think?

JIDsanity
12-14-2010, 02:50 PM
the nets are similar to the knicks they have a lot of young prospects with potential they are 1 superstar away from being headed in the right direction.....my point they have to land a star right now before all confidence is lost

There arent really any available

KingPosey
12-14-2010, 03:03 PM

**** ya he is.

Chill_Will_24
12-14-2010, 03:11 PM
he has done plenty of good things too. I really don't feel like debating Kahn, but its interesting how many so called experts were all over him, and are now slowly changing their tune. Calling him an idiot is a bit much, don't you think?

I keep looking back at that argument he had with Kenny Smith on national tv and keep thinking... What a tool... Lol But it's no disrespect to your team. I mean MY teams FO is not exactly the smartest basketball minds around...

Hawkeye15
12-14-2010, 03:14 PM
I keep looking back at that argument he had with Kenny Smith on national tv and keep thinking... What a tool... Lol But it's no disrespect to your team. I mean MY teams FO is not exactly the smartest basketball minds around...

ugh. Kahn drove me crazy with his mouth. FINALLY he has stfu. He hasn't said a word since the Webber conversation about Darko. Thank god. I think he learned that staying behind the scenes is a better option. You will be judged on the product you put on the floor, not by talking intelligently, and then sticking your foot in your mouth.

OT Thriller
12-14-2010, 03:26 PM

Murphy
James
Outlaw

for

Iggy
Nocioni

I like this trade a lot for both teams. Murphy would be great for the Sixers and Iggy would be perfect for the Nets.

Lloyd Christmas
12-14-2010, 03:38 PM
^ The Warriors first round pick is lottery protected in 2011, Pick 1-11 protected in 2012, Pick 1-10 protected in 2013. It then would end up 2 second round picks (one in 2013 and one in 2015). Just FYI.

EDIT: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/netsblog/item_ue5nI0G0v7xC7QeKh0639I

arkanian215
12-14-2010, 03:48 PM
^ The Warriors first round pick is lottery protected in 2011, Pick 1-11 protected in 2012, Pick 1-10 protected in 2013. It then would end up 2 second round picks (one in 2013 and one in 2015). Just FYI.

EDIT: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/netsblog/item_ue5nI0G0v7xC7QeKh0639I

Nah that's wrong. The trade has been updated so that GSW keeps their 2011 pick. They wanted to do something to package Jackson last season. It's 1-7 protected in 2012. We get an extra 2nd rounder (2011 GSW).

arkanian215
12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
they're gonna go and and get Ridnour and Nazr Mohammed

Looks like the Knicks are going after Ridnour. We're good with Farmar as the backup and Twill as the backup to Farmar.

GSwarriors4LIFE
12-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Give us morrow back for vlad rad.

arkanian215
12-14-2010, 05:27 PM
No we chose to sign Redick to an offer sheet over Morrow, had the Bulls known the Magic were likely gonna match, they would've gave it to Morrow. We had already signed Korver before that, we were trying to get 2 of the best 3-point shooting white boys in the league lol

Yall signed Korver on the same day GSW SNT'ed Morrow. Therefore, you picked Korver over Morrow.

FlashMacker
12-14-2010, 05:29 PM
the only untradeable on that roster is kris humphries. As long as he's dating a kardashian, he's already generating more interest for the organization than all the rest of the team combined.

:P

:laugh:

Lloyd Christmas
12-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Nah that's wrong. The trade has been updated so that GSW keeps their 2011 pick. They wanted to do something to package Jackson last season. It's 1-7 protected in 2012. We get an extra 2nd rounder (2011 GSW).

Good lookin out.

SDBearsFan
12-14-2010, 06:24 PM

What? Dunno who you mean by we, I definitely wouldn't trade Brewer for Morrow.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-14-2010, 06:42 PM
What? Dunno who you mean by we, I definitely wouldn't trade Brewer for Morrow.

I guess I'm gonna back off of that statement after watching Brewer play last night. His jumpshot definitely looks a lot better. I don't know if Morrow plays any defense or not.