PDA

View Full Version : Wade and Dirk named East and West Players of the Week

JordansBulls
12-13-2010, 07:42 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/13/players-of-the-week/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

The Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade and the Dallas Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Dec. 6, through Sunday, Dec. 12.

Wade led the Heat to a 4-0 week, averaging 30.8 points on .584 shooting from the field, 8.3 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 1.0 steal. On Dec 11, Wade scored 36 points to go along with six assists, six rebounds, helping Miami to its eighth straight victory, a 104-83 win over Sacramento. On Dec. 6 at Milwaukee, Wade posted a double-double with a game-high 25 points and a career-high 14 rebounds.

Nowitzki averaged 25.7 points on .700 shooting from the field and 9.0 rebounds, leading Dallas to a 3-0 week, extending the current Maverick winning streak to 12 games. In consecutive games -- Dec. 9 vs. New Jersey, Dec.11 vs. Utah Jazz -- Nowitzki led the Mavericks in scoring and rebounds.

tangent12
12-13-2010, 07:43 PM
I bet Wade's Pippen is really feeling like Pippen at this point.

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 07:44 PM
I told you all Wade would pick it up and reclaim the Heat as his team.

Khalifa21
12-13-2010, 07:44 PM
I bet Wade's Pippen is really feeling like Pippen at this point.

Yeah isn't just strange the "Pippen" has outplayed him pretty much the entire season...?

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah isn't just strange the "Pippen" has outplayed him pretty much the entire season...?

he went through a rough stretch, everyone goes through that, I bet amare will too this season as well.

Khalifa21
12-13-2010, 07:49 PM
:laugh2:

Wade has one good week and all these Bulls fan are suddenly forgetting that LeBron leads his team in scoring, assists, offensive win shares, defensive win shares and win shares per 48 minutes...

It's LeBron's team, stop being so bitter than he didn't choose your beloved Bulls.

Gators123
12-13-2010, 07:50 PM

Wade has one good week and all these Bulls fan are suddenly forgetting that LeBron leads his team in scoring, assists, offensive win shares, defensive win shares and win shares per 48 minutes...

It's LeBron's team, stop being so bitter than he didn't choose your beloved Bulls.

This.

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 07:52 PM

:facepalm: He didn't choose your team either and its only been like 23 games. so if wade has been great for 8 of them, lebron would of been great like 15 of them? not a huge gap there.

NYY 26 to 7
12-13-2010, 07:53 PM
he went through a rough stretch, everyone goes through that, I bet amare will too this season as well.

TAKE IT BACK!!! Amar'e is better than Jordan!!

Of course I'm not anywhere near serious but yea its a long long season everyone hits bumps in the road. It will be interesting to see how the Heat develop... It was more fun when they were losing though. Where does Mike Miller fit in with this team when he returns does he start of come off the bench?

JordansBulls

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_james_100709.html

Going to Miami, it isnít going to be LeBronís team. It is Wadeís team because heís been there and has won a championship there. So the obvious point was that this would not be LeBronís championship if he gets one or more, that he needed to go get help from a champion and another star.

Khalifa21
Not sure how Amar'e didn't get it though...

33.5 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 3.0 APG, 2.3 BPG, 58 FG% and the Knicks went 4-0.

Khri
12-13-2010, 07:54 PM

It's not Lebron team and is not Wade team, is their team.

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 07:55 PM
TAKE IT BACK!!! Amar'e is better than Jordan!!

Of course I'm not anywhere near serious but yea its a long long season everyone hits bumps in the road. It will be interesting to see how the Heat develop... It was more fun when they were losing though. Where does Mike Miller fit in with this team when he returns does he start of come off the bench?

LOL....... thank you........ you understand what im talking about.

Khri
12-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Not sure how Amar'e didn't get it though...

33.5 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 3.0 APG, 2.3 BPG, 58 FG% and the Knicks went 4-0.

Maybe because he already won last week? :rolleyes:

Khalifa21
12-13-2010, 07:57 PM
:facepalm: He didn't choose your team either and its only been like 23 games. so if wade has been great for 8 of them, lebron would of been great like 15 of them? not a huge gap there.

Yeah and i'm not bitter about it, because I still appreciate how good the guy is, so I don't hate on him for no reason.

LeBron has had almost zero dud games, Wade has been far more inconsistent.. And by your reasoning both players can't have a good game? LeBron has been great for at least 20 games this season, Wade hans't.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_james_100709.html

Really?

That's your "proof" it's Wade's team? An article written by another bitter Bulls fan?

Ok.

Khalifa21
12-13-2010, 07:58 PM
It's not Lebron team and is not Wade team, is their team.

Ok, it's not LeBron's "team", but he is "the man".

Maybe because he already won last week? :rolleyes:

Fair point.

LTBaByyy
12-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Yes! Dirk is shooting a better shooting % by like 6 this season than his MVP year

It's crazy, especially 3's

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah and i'm not bitter about it, because I still appreciate how good the guy is, so I don't hate on him for no reason.

LeBron has had almost zero dud games, Wade has been far more inconsistent.. And by your reasoning both players can't have a good game? LeBron has been great for at least 20 games this season, Wade hans't.

Really?

That's your "proof" it's Wade's team? An article written by another bitter Bulls fan?

Ok.

you don't think lebron will go through a rough stretch this season at all? it will happen. it happens to everyone. wade has been good since they started their 8 game winning streak and only 25 games have been played. so like i said, not a huge gap, but anyways this is really stupid that were arguing over this.

JordansBulls
12-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Really?

Ok.

What proof do you have that it is Lebron's team? It isn't even close to his team. Maybe if Wade is hurt all year, but not until a few years.

blueplanet
12-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Both well deserved.

Khalifa21
12-13-2010, 08:09 PM
What proof do you have that it is Lebron's team? It isn't even close to his team. Maybe if Wade is hurt all year, but not until a few years.

Here you go...

LeBron leads his team in scoring, assists, offensive win shares, defensive win shares and win shares per 48 minutes...

JordansBulls
12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Here you go...

Again, not his team. He may have the best stats on it, but it isn't his team until he can prove it in the playoffs and win as the man.

blueplanet
12-13-2010, 08:13 PM

Really?

Ok.

James Jones will beg to differ with you buddy. Listen to this interview (http://www.790theticket.com/zaslow.aspx) (Fast forward to 4:35 of his interview). Obviously, he knows far more than us fans what's going on with the team.

NYY 26 to 7
12-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Again, not his team. He may have the best stats on it, but it isn't his team until he can prove it in the playoffs and win as the man.

I tend to agree that it is Wade's team and I don't think it has anything to do with stats. Anytime LeBron is bashed in the media who do we hear from... Wade. I really have never thought much of LeBron as a leader even though he is the best player. I do think Wade is more of a leader and the guy that people look to in the locker room. Some people aren't leaders its ok but we do usually see that out of the best players. I hate him but I still think LeBron is the better player but not his team in terms of leadership.

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 08:24 PM
James Jones will beg to differ with you buddy. Listen to this interview (http://www.790theticket.com/zaslow.aspx) (Fast forward to 4:35 of his interview). Obviously, he knows far more than us fans what's going on with the team.

cant argue with that. coming from one of his teammates. ok now that we established its wade team lets get back to our opinions on the real topic.

blueplanet
12-13-2010, 08:29 PM
cant argue with that. coming from one of his teammates. ok not that we established its wade team lets get back to our opinions on the real topic.

LOL..I know right. This thread is not about who's team is this. Let's just appreciate Wade and Dirk who deserved the honor for last week. I just wanted to mention this because it came up. LeBron might be the better all round player but teammates look up to Wade when it matters. Dwyane established almost a flawless character and his teammates respect him a lot.

Khalifa21
12-13-2010, 08:31 PM
As long as LeBron James is on that team, playing the way he is, leading the team to more victories.. He is "Jordan" and Wade is "Pippen". Simple.

Khalifa21
12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
I agree on getting this thread back on topic but it was the Bulls fans with the incessant hate on LeBron bringing up the whole, "it's becoming obvious it's Wade's team" BS.

thedfactor
12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Congrats Dirk on shooting 70%. Wow.

Wade, LeBron, and the Heat looking crazy good lately, props to him too.

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 08:34 PM
I agree on getting this thread back on topic but it was the Bulls fans with the incessant hate on LeBron bringing up the whole, "it's becoming obvious it's Wade's team" BS.

wades my favorite player for one. yes, i do dislike lebron, but its wades team. a super star doesnt go to another superstars team and take it over unless his name is jordan. so i guess since gasol has been out playing kobe pretty much, its now gasols team? no. anyways im done talkin bout this.

blueplanet
12-13-2010, 08:42 PM

C'mon dude. I just posted one of their teammate's interview who clearly stated it's Wade's team. How obvious could it be when a teammate can state that in the media? Certainly, at least on the team Wade is the sole leader (national media might not think so). Best player isn't always the best leader.