PDA

View Full Version : Donald Sterling Heckles Baron Davis and some of the Clippers players

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Please Edit the title to Heckles. pushed one too many letters when typing. sorry

So apparently, Sterling sits courtside not to support the team that he’s invested money into, but to heckle them. And when I say “them”, I mostly mean Baron Davis.

It’s not uncommon to hear Los Angeles Clippers fans heckle Baron Davis(notes). Of late, however, the jeers directed at the team’s struggling point guard are coming from a far more surprising source: The man paying Davis, Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Sterling has expressed his displeasure about Davis’ play by taunting him from his courtside seat at Clippers’ home games, several sources told Yahoo! Sports. Among Sterling’s verbal barbs:

– “Why are you in the game?”
– “Why did you take that shot?”
– “You’re out of shape!”

You really can’t make this stuff up.

“There’s nothing I can say,” Davis said of Sterling’s taunts. “I have no comment on that. You just get to this point where it’s a fight every day. It’s a fight. You’re fighting unnecessary battles. I’m fighting unnecessary battles.

“It’s frustrating because I know and my teammates know I’m capable of getting it done, even dudes on the other team. It’s frustrating.”

Sterling had little comment when asked about his behavior.

Sources said Sterling is upset with Davis for not living up to the five-year, $65 million contract he signed with the Clippers in the summer of 2008. Clippers center Chris Kaman(notes) and former Clippers Bobby Brown(notes) and Mardy Collins(notes) have also been berated by Sterling during games, a source said. The players typically heard Sterling during free throws or when they were within earshot during a stoppage in play.

Sterling “started getting a lot more vocal during the second half of last season,” one team source said. “He never had done that before at games. Baron’s his pet project. He absolutely hates Baron. He wants to get his money back.”

http://www.ngngsports.com/2010/12/donald-sterling-is-not-only-clippers.html

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2010/12/clippers-owner-donald-sterling-heckles-his-own-player-baron-davis/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blacksportsonline%2Fbso+%28Ro bert+Littal+Presents+BlackSportsOnline%29

FarOutIos
12-13-2010, 05:40 PM
It's his money. He should say whatever he wants to say.

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 05:46 PM
I think this is funny...... I'd be mad too if i were paying someone 13 million to score 7.5 points a game.

justinnum1
12-13-2010, 05:46 PM
lol

tangent12
12-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Good because Davis is trash.

Niro
12-13-2010, 05:51 PM
lol this had to be in clipperland..

but in some things he is just right, baron really doesnt look like the no & gsw baron

i would still like sterling to sell this team s that they have a chance to actually get going. they certanly have the talent

Knicks21
12-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I think this is funny...... I'd be mad too if i were paying someone 13 million to score 7.5 points a game.

Welcome to my world.

ESaady
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Sterling is a dumbass. So is Davis, but Sterling is sooooooo dumb.

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Welcome to my world.

lol

J_M_B
12-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Sterling is a joke..

I don't care who the athlete is, he shouldn't be taunting a player.

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Sterling is a joke..

It's not good if you wanna sign other FA's but if your a fan of this team, you gotta like this.

killaT
12-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Sterling is a joke..

It's his team, he can say what he wants. I think this is a really good thing that Sterling is taunting his players because i would be pissed off to if these players were playing like $#!t.

Also, what have the LA Clippers ever won? Nothing, they suck.Theyve been a losing franchise ever since theyve been in this game. The LA Clippers are the reject LA team because everyone in LA is all about the LAKESHOW. It's pathetic, during the Lakers vs. Clippers game, their are always 90% or more Laker fans in the stands. They laugh at the Clippers down there, its hilarious.

I'm glad that Sterling is finally getting pissed off and letting his players know that they suck. He owns this team, so he has the power to say or do whatver the fck he wants.

SluggeR
12-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Wow. He can say what he wants to say, but I don't see how it helps. He's only lowering the value of his players, by being so down on them in public.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Baron is trash though

HeaTxRipZz
12-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Whatever it's his team I don't see FA's wanting to go to a place that they have to fight with the owner when they aren't playing good.......

ShakeN'Bake
12-13-2010, 06:36 PM

It's his own fault he gave baron the contract.

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 06:36 PM

true as well.

ShakeN'Bake
12-13-2010, 06:38 PM
true as well.

I mean I also think its funny, but he should be more upset at himself.

Hawkeye15
12-13-2010, 06:39 PM

exactly right. Why on earth would you give Baron Davis such a big deal? He has forever shown, that he will be out of shape and lazy thru the season, and only show up if you somehow make the playoffs. Honestly, GS may have been ticked initially, but its one of the better things that could have happened to them.

its sad too. Baron could flat out take a game over when he wanted to. But he just doesn't care unless its a playoff series.

Too bad Sterling.

Kashmir13579
12-13-2010, 06:39 PM
im just surprised mardy collins is still in the NBA.

RadioVeteran
12-13-2010, 06:40 PM
The owner is wrong in this situation! How is Baron going to play any better with this going on?

Giraffes Rule
12-13-2010, 06:41 PM
If anyone deserves to be heckled it's Donald Sterling. The dude is an awful owner and Davis is exactly the type of player he deserves.

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 06:42 PM
The owner is wrong in this situation! How is Baron going to play any better with this going on?

well some players thrive when under pressure. I guess maybe baron isnt one of them :shrug:

sxdona
12-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Don't tell me after all these years Sterling is sick of losing. I don't understand why he is surprised by Barron Davis weight and conditioning, for the past years in Charlotte and GoldenState. Once he signs a new contract he gets lazy. How can a Point Guard come into camp almost weighing 300lbs and thinks that's okay. I don't have a problem with the owner a team, saying anything to it's player's. Especially when he's paying millions of dollars to them.

WeBallin
12-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Forget about hecklin BD how about someone heckling Sterling for havin a joke for a franchise for as long as i can remember, yes this is his money, but do you do business like this? IF BD was out complaining about how trash of a franchise the CLIPPERS are BD would be wrong thou.....

junion
12-13-2010, 06:58 PM
i don't care who it is, if you're the owner and it's your money, you really aren't helping yourself or your team if you taunt them.

if you have a problem with baron davis, then tell him to his face, instead of telling everyone. classless.

sterling is the reason why the clippers haven't really had a good team... they had good players, but when the guy on t op of everything is belittling his own players, that trickles down to all parts, and all players. and the "clippers" mindset is negative, and players feel that.

this racist dumbass is the thing holding this team down. they have gordon and blake, not to mention kaman, and an athletic jordan, but sterling is a dumbass.

Statik1
12-13-2010, 06:58 PM
If it starts to happen again I hope Barron dribbles the ball up the court turns and hands Sterling the ball and tells him to go **** himself... Better yet air mail a pass that knocks everliving **** out Sterling then walk over and tell the old racist **** to die..... Sterling is the biggest racist piece of **** out in LA..... And if you dont know what I am talking about google "Donald Sterling racist"

Chacarron
12-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Sterling is the worst owner in the history of the NBA. He makes terrible decisions and is a cheap bastard.

LTBaByyy
12-13-2010, 07:17 PM
I bet yall when Baron gets traded or bought out he will be back to his GSW & Hornets days!!!

Trust me lol I mean its funny as hell but how in the world does Sterling think that's gonna all of a sudden make Baron turn his game around, that makes it worse

And if I was a free agent I def wouldnt want to work for him if I had the same amount of money offered else where

No reason the Clippers have been this way even with the talent they had

He's the one that should go, he better cherish Blake Griffin while he is there lol (for a few years, then gone)

LTBaByyy
12-13-2010, 07:23 PM
If it starts to happen again I hope Barron dribbles the ball up the court turns and hands Sterling the ball and tells him to go **** himself... Better yet air mail a pass that knocks everliving **** out Sterling then walk over and tell the old racist **** to die..... Sterling is the biggest racist piece of **** out in LA..... And if you dont know what I am talking about google "Donald Sterling racist"

Hahahahaha then he gets traded and avg 19.5 pts and 8 ast

That would be great

_Supreme_
12-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Regardless of the owner being cheap and whatever people call him, Baron Davis has been an absolute disgrace so far this season, so I can't blame Sterling for being fed up with this bum.

Bruno
12-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Donald Sterling is the worst owner in professional sports. He is a housing-discriminator.

The Clippers will never be relevant while he still holds the reigns.

It doesn't matter if what he said about Davis is true, he's the one who OKed his signing. It's his own damn fault for giving out a bad contract.