PDA

View Full Version : Finals Rematch: Good, Bad, or Wont Even Watch?

Tony_Starks
12-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Its still way early but watching both teams they are just so comfortable its scary. For neither to be at 100% they are looking very solid so far and it just seems like it would be really really tough to beat either team in a 7 game series with them having homecourt.

That being said, suppose it comes to fruition. The big bad tiebreaker of all tiebreakers, how would you feel? I personally would love it as I think both teams epitomize what winning is all about and would actually want to see each other there if they make it.

I also know that some of you guys truly hate both teams to the maximum.

So would you watch it? Hate it? Love it? Curse and cry David Stern conspiracy?

hotpotato1092
12-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Love it. Let the two best teams duke it out. I don't care what the records say, at full strength these are the two best teams in the league.

iggypop123
12-13-2010, 01:15 AM
fans of the respective teams will love it, fans that arent will despise it.

Tony_Starks
12-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Love it. Let the two best teams duke it out. I don't care what the records say, at full strength these are the two best teams in the league.

Im with you, I love every minute of it! Especially with them being tied for franchise with the most titles, plus Kobe vs Shaq.... so many subplots. A lot would be on the line

I have a feeling we will be in the minority though! lol

Hustlenomics
12-13-2010, 01:16 AM
im hoping for the Celtics to get revenge

jkcronyn
12-13-2010, 01:19 AM
fans of the respective teams will love it, fans that arent will despise it.

nah dude, die hard pistons fan here, it doesnt matter to me. i wanna see the two best teams, and the best player on the floor, kobe. i'm down to watch the big three try their last hurrah, im down to see kobe prove shaq wrong, get closer to mj. thats what im dying for

Giraffes Rule
12-13-2010, 01:20 AM
I'd rather see the Spurs in it again, but I'd watch in hopes that the Celtics spoil the Lakers three-peat hopes.

It should be noted that I dislike both teams.

samevans7
12-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Yes, I love the new rivalry!

NEW?! have you heard of the NBA pre-2002?! The Celtics v Lakers is the biggest rivalry in NBA history, and has been since the Wilt v Russell battles in the 60s

lol new.....

JordansBulls
12-13-2010, 01:22 AM
I'd rather see a Spurs vs Celtics finals. In that matchup it is two teams where not one player would get much more credit than the other right now. Also it would be the first matchup with the top 2 PF's this decade where both players were on championship teams at the same time. We missed that matchup in 2004.

Tony_Starks
12-13-2010, 01:24 AM
NEW?! have you heard of the NBA pre-2002?! The Celtics v Lakers is the biggest rivalry in NBA history, and has been since the Wilt v Russell battles in the 60s

lol new.....

Come on dude. New version of the rivalry. I assumed everyone knows about the history bruh. lol

JLynn943
12-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Didn't watch it last year, wouldn't watch it this year.

Raph12
12-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Seeming as how the Lakeshow has 16 rings with the Celts at 17, this would be a great storyline for LA to even the playing field or create seperation in what might possibly be the last chance for either team to win it all... It would make for a fantastic series, much better than watching LA trample some other team (I said LA and not Boston because I don't think anyone can challenge LA out West).

shep33
12-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Like others have said... we saw a pretty epic series last year, and these teams weren't even healthy. Imagine if both are at a 100%... the effort on D was absolutely amazing.

Tony_Starks
12-13-2010, 01:36 AM
As a Laker fan I have to admit I'd be pretty nervous. Our weakness is big man depth and they have Bigs to spare!

Baller1
12-13-2010, 01:36 AM
If OKC isn't in it, then this is what I would want to watch. This or LA vs Miami.

Sixerlover
12-13-2010, 01:44 AM
Either Boston or Miami can make it and the NBA League Offices will be A-OK. The problem lies in if the Lakers don't make it. They're screwed.

Personally I want to see LA - Miami, so I can see all of the Heat-Haters in full force throwing some new arguments and excuses out there. The currents ones are getting old :shrug:

NYKNYGNYY
12-13-2010, 01:55 AM
im sick of it...lakers celtics is cooll, just every once every 10 years not 5 times in 10 years

NYKalltheway
12-13-2010, 09:45 AM
just wouldn't watch, i have nothing against either team though.

Hawkeye15
12-13-2010, 09:49 AM
my option isn't on there. I would watch, and out of default pull for the Celtics. Don't like them either, but I hate them less....