PDA

View Full Version : Can please someone expain to me why we need O.J Mayo?

stonebari44
12-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Let's see who we have at SG on our team.

1-Landry Fields at SG , who having ROY type numbers

2-Wilson Chandler, who is having a career year and not even starting

3-Roger Mason Jr.

4-Bill Walker

Forget #3and #4. I'd take Chandler or Fields at the SG anytime of the year.

Now to get O.J Mayo we probably will have to give up Chandler with someone else to get Mayo. To me this is a sideways move, this does not improve our team at all. Now if Mayo ever reaches his potential, then this will be a steal for us, but if he doesn't , why mess with the chemistry. Not everyone reaches their potential(Darko Milic 2003)(Kawme Brown 2001). Do we really want to mess with the chemistry?
We are fine at 2 guard, especially if we get Carmelo. If we get Carmelo without trading for him our line up can look like this.

c-Turiaf/Thabeet
pf-Amare
sf-Gallo
sg-Carmelo
pg-Felton

I dont want to trade Chandler, but we need more big men than guards. If we can use Randolph or Chandler or both to get a young big man like Thabeet, then so be it. We need to help Amare with blocking and defense in the middle or he is going to get run down by the end of the season the way he is playing, like a beast.

Turiaf i think is great off the bench as a spark, but i dont he'll last all season, he looks to be injury prone, and D'Antoni doesn't want to plat Randoplg or Mosgov, then we need a center, so why do we need Mayo?

WSU Tony
12-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Knicks section.

Not everyone cares about the Knicks....

Swashcuff
12-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Chandler isn't starting? Well that's news to me.

I would also like to say that Mayo has more upside as a SG than both fields and Wilson. Not having as good a year as either this season however. You guys don't "need" him however.

KnicksorBust
12-12-2010, 10:47 PM
:laugh: Really shouldn't have posted this in the NBA Forum.

bahama0811
12-12-2010, 10:48 PM
This can go in the Knicks forum.