PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: A Darkhorse Contender?

footballer2369
12-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Discuss.

Hoopsadvocate
12-10-2010, 09:25 PM
nope just high middle of the pack playoff team. This laker game will give us a better idea though.

Tony_Starks
12-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Of course all the haters will scream no way but any rational basketball fan will say of course. They have all the components you need to win playoff series: defense, rebounding, a superstar, multiple guys capable of getting their own shot, shooters to stretch the floor, a solid bench, and quality low post play.

If that aint a contender I really don't know what is......

Hoopsadvocate
12-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Of course all the haters will scream no way but any rational basketball fan will say of course. They have all the components you need to win playoff series: defense, rebounding, a superstar, multiple guys capable of getting their own shot, shooters to stretch the floor, a solid bench, and quality low post play.

Last years Jazz had basically the same components u mentioned and not to mention some of the same players. There not precontenders but i suppose if everything goes perfect they may be able to but then again that can be said for a lot of middle of the pack playoff teams.

SteveNash
12-10-2010, 09:37 PM

I'll give you rebounding and excuse shooters.

But where is the defense, superstar, multiple guys getting their shot, shooters, bench, and quality low post play?

tangent12
12-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Duh.

Baller1
12-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Everyone knows they're a strong team with a chance to go far, so they can't really be considered a dark horse.

ManRam
Due to Bulls fans on PSD, there is absolutely no "dark horse" in them at all ;)

I don't think they are contenders yet. They aren't good enough defensively. They lack some shooting. They have a huge hole at SG...

ManRam

I don't think they are contenders yet. They aren't good enough defensively. They lack some shooting. They have a huge hole at SG...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-10-2010, 09:41 PM

I wouldn't really consider Rose a superstar just yet.

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Not if they play they way they are playing against the Lakers tonight. A 12 point quarter??? Really? The Lakers starters are scoring at will too.

madvillian9
12-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Dark horses really don't exist in the NBA where the best teams prevail in the end.

footballer2369
12-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Dark horses really don't exist in the NBA where the best teams prevail in the end.

Who thought the Heat would win in 2006? The Pistons in 04?

Young and Stupid
12-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I think if the Bulls get a 2-guard that can score at a good clip and play defense when necessary then they can really contend. To me a realistic acquisition would be someone like Nick Young (although he definitely doesn't bring the defense I was talking about).

If they were however, to go for the home-run and try to get someone like Jamal Crawford then they could definitely be a legitimate threat in the East.

Fmaranesi
12-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Bulls have a good young team that can contend in the weak west. But with that said I still believe the Magic and Celtics can take them in 7

Kyben36
12-10-2010, 10:07 PM
nope just high middle of the pack playoff team. This laker game will give us a better idea though.

Bulls ahead at half.

DaBear
12-10-2010, 10:09 PM
They're a SG away from being a true contender. It's pretty evident by what we've been seeing tonight.

Fmaranesi
12-10-2010, 10:10 PM

Miami had the second most wins in the east in 06 and the Pistons had the second most wins in the east in 04. The Bulls sit in 4th place right now in the standings and have the 6th most wins in the east. I know it's still early but not exactly the same thing , yet.

justinnum1
12-10-2010, 10:11 PM
They will not get out of the second round unless they get some shooters.

Kyben36
12-10-2010, 10:12 PM

Ill give you some lack of shooting, and the huge hole at SG, but we have had spurts of great D, and seeing as last year we played with a coach who was ******** ( sorry Clips fans, but its not tallents fault you guys are so bad ) and now we have a coach who demands defense.

with that said, our D will be better as time goes on. but I am hoping for a SG by trade deadline. as for lack of shooting, as long as we can find a SG that can hit the 3, that player, Korver, Rose's developing shot, and Deng ( who is shooting almost 40% ) should be enough shooting to get us through a playoff series.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Darkhorse? Sure. But legit? No way not yet. We have a huge hole at SG right now and not even D-Rose can make up for it, can't ask the guy to do more than he is right now. BUT if we can get Melo, that would definitely offset the lack of production at SG and we'd become serious title contenders with Rose, Melo, Boozer & Noah.

kozelkid
12-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Last years Jazz had basically the same components u mentioned and not to mention some of the same players. There not precontenders but i suppose if everything goes perfect they may be able to but then again that can be said for a lot of middle of the pack playoff teams.

Ya except for that "minor" difference between Noah and Mehmet "I can't play defense" Okur and Deng and CJ ****ing Miles.

Bulls have a good young team that can contend in the weak west. But with that said I still believe the Magic and Celtics can take them in 7

I think Magic would slaughter us. They just are an awful matchup for us.
I think we could maybe take Boston in 7. We matchup well with Boston.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2010, 10:25 PM
of course they are.

Tony_Starks
12-10-2010, 10:30 PM

But where is the defense, superstar, multiple guys getting their shot, shooters, bench, and quality low post play?

Defense: Starts with Noah, amongst the league leaders in boards and blocks and a team being directed by Tibedau reknowned for bringing his defensive schemes to Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics

Get their own shot guys: Rose, Booze, Deng.

bench: Taj Gibson, Brewer, Watson, Kurt Thomas, James Johnson

shooters: Korver (pure), and Brewer

quality low post: Booze 20 and 10 for life

superstar: if you don't know I can't tell you.......

Tony_Starks
12-10-2010, 10:34 PM

You make a very good point however the major deal is that Utah can't beat the Lakers so as long as they're in the west they're not contenders. The Bulls don't have to go through LA to get to the finals....

fadedmario
12-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm sooooooooo sick of these threads

xsilencerx
12-10-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm sooooooooo sick of these threads

Then don't come into them...pretty simple solution there

gbrl
12-10-2010, 10:45 PM
You make a very good point however the major deal is that Utah can't beat the Lakers so as long as they're in the west they're not contenders. The Bulls don't have to go through LA to get to the finals....

but they do have to go through boston or orlando which is still pretty tough

NYJETSSS29
12-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Not if they play they way they are playing against the Lakers tonight. A 12 point quarter??? Really? The Lakers starters are scoring at will too.
Its a long game buddy. They're actually playing well. Now you kinda look stupid.

footballer2369
12-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Defense: Starts with Noah, amongst the league leaders in boards and blocks and a team being directed by Tibedau reknowned for bringing his defensive schemes to Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics

If you consider Brewer a shooter and James Johnson part of a quliaty bench, I don't know what to tell you.

SteveNash
12-10-2010, 11:01 PM

Noah has his own weaknesses and they also start two of the worse defenders at their position in Rose and Boozer. Defense is certainly not championship level.

Boozer so good at creating his shot 75% of his baskets came on assists. Deng is at 70% though it would be lower if Rose stopped hogging the ball.

Bench:sleep:

Brewers one of the Bulls' shooters lol.

Boozer living more and more in the high post.

Superstar umm Bogans?

NYJETSSS29
12-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Then don't come into them...pretty simple solution there

x2100000000

kozelkid
12-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Noah has his own weaknesses and they also start two of the worse defenders at their position in Rose and Boozer. Defense is certainly not championship level.

Boozer so good at creating his shot 75% of his baskets came on assists. Deng is at 70% though it would be lower if Rose stopped hogging the ball.

Superstar umm Bogans?

Let's make a sig bet. I was hoping Raph was going to shut you up after embarrassing you with that terrible bet.

Also a team with the 8th best def rating is pretty good defensive team. But what do stats know. :rolleyes:

dnewguy
12-10-2010, 11:15 PM
The Bulls are good enough to win it all.......If Lebron, Wade, KG, Pierce, Allen, Howard and Kobe somehow all got injured.

SteveNash
12-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Let's make a sig bet. I was hoping Raph was going to shut you up after embarrassing you with that terrible bet.

Also a team with the 8th best def rating is pretty good defensive team. But what do stats know. :rolleyes:

What's the bet?

AddiX
12-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Bulls are def a darkhorse contender, even as a Knick fan I can admit that.

My only issue with them in the playoffs is that I'm not convinced they play great as a team. That have really good individual players but I've never watched them on the court and said, "wow they play really well together."

But it's still early in the season, so well see.

Byronicle
12-10-2010, 11:19 PM
weren't they just thought to be 2nd in the ECF just a few weeks ago?

eaglesfan18
12-10-2010, 11:22 PM

weak west? the west is stronger. yea il agree that the top of the east is better than the top of the west by a small margin. I would be very surprised if the west didnt have at the minumum 6 50+ win teams and the east didnt have 2 teams make it into the playoffs with sub 500 records. Id say the true contenders out west would be the Lakers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Dallas Mavericks, New Orleans Hornets, San Antonio Spurs, Denver Nuggets, Utah Jazz, and the darkhorse i have the portland trailblazers. I could see any of the following in the western conference finals. In the east, i could only see the Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, and the Chicago Bulls there i think teams will catch up on the magic by playoff time and the hawks im not buying them either. The one darkshorse i have is the Knicks watch out :clap:

tangent12
12-10-2010, 11:40 PM
*cough* *cough* Bulls won. *cough*

zambo4president
12-10-2010, 11:41 PM
The Lakers a good enough win for all the doubters?

JB0B0
12-10-2010, 11:42 PM
If the Bulls acquire a good SG, they could contend imo.

Furymaker
12-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Bulls are def a darkhorse contender, even as a Knick fan I can admit that.

My only issue with them in the playoffs is that I'm not convinced they play great as a team. That have really good individual players but I've never watched them on the court and said, "wow they play really well together."

But it's still early in the season, so well see.

they actually play great together , except Rose is monster individually .

zambo4president
12-10-2010, 11:43 PM

Superstar umm Bogans?

Ahh, the defense isn't championship level? 8th best defense in the league is pretty ****** huh? Rose is a ballhog? Jesus you're an ignorant one. Your insinuating our bench is garbage as well, when we really have one of the better 2nd unit's around. You need to just stop.

DamnGoat
12-10-2010, 11:44 PM
If we ever get someone better than Keith Bogans at SG then I'd say we at least have a chance.

xbrackattackx
12-10-2010, 11:46 PM
How are they looking against the Lakers...oh wait...:(

PurpleJesus28
12-10-2010, 11:47 PM

:facepalm: im a big bulls fan and even i have some problems with that.

cant really use james johnson and kurt thomas as justification for for a good bench - those two players get the LEAST amount of playing time on our bench. and brewer as a shooter?!?!

dark horse contender though - sure. solid team thats starting to gel. 2nd hardest schedule so far in the NBA and were 13-8 (i think), not to mention we just beat the lakers.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-10-2010, 11:48 PM
The Bulls are good enough to win it all.......If Lebron, Wade, KG, Pierce, Allen, Howard and Kobe somehow all got injured.

The Heat are good enough to win it all as well......if the whole Celtics roster gets injured. AND the rosters for every other contending team in the league with a winning record.

bovice163
12-10-2010, 11:48 PM

Superstar umm Bogans?
Clueless guy is clueless. Watch some more Bulls games before you draw baseless conclusions that make you look unintelligent.

This season the Bulls have a good shot at getting deep into the playoffs, but as others have said before, we need a starting caliber SG who can stroke the ball from downtown, and get to the hole. Until then, I don't see us beating teams like Boston and LA in a 7 game series.

Boozer plays the high pick and roll, theres a difference there. Since Derrick is easily one of, if not the best at penetrating to the basket, all he needs is the high pick and some spacing and he is unstoppable at getting to the rim.

Cubsfan365
12-10-2010, 11:49 PM
If you consider Brewer a shooter and James Johnson part of a quliaty bench, I don't know what to tell you.
James Johnson plays once every 5 games. Good try

AddiX
12-10-2010, 11:51 PM
they actually play great together , except Rose is monster individually .

I'm not saying they play bad by any means. But you don't really think of the Bulls and think great team, you think damn, we need to stop Rose or at least keep him under control.

But Yeah, Rose is damn near impossible to guard. I still don't think he's a true PG the way most Bulls fans think he is. But with his ability he doesn't need to be.

kozelkid
12-10-2010, 11:51 PM
I think we are a year away from being a serious a contender.
So I do think we are a darkhourse, ALA 08-09 Orlando Magic.
Main reasons why I don't think we'll make it are,
(A) Rose and Noah are still too young. Rose has been playing like an MVP caliber player this season, but I still think he's a year away.
(B) Half of this team is full of new players and it will take time to adjust. Maybe more than a year.
(C) We need at least one MLE addition which couold hopefully be J-rich this offseason.

magichatnumber9
12-10-2010, 11:52 PM
This is the player hater ball up in here. Congrats Bulls great game against the Lakers

JordansBulls
12-10-2010, 11:52 PM
We need a SG and Boozer has to be a 20 and 10 every night player.

DamnGoat
12-10-2010, 11:54 PM
I think we are a year away from being a serious a contender.
So I do think we are a darkhourse, ALA 08-09 Orlando Magic.
Main reasons why I don't think we'll make it are,
(A) Rose and Noah are still too young. Rose has been playing like an MVP caliber player this season, but I still think he's a year away.
(B) Half of this team is full of new players and it will take time to adjust. Maybe more than a year.
(C) We need at least one MLE addition which couold hopefully be J-rich this offseason.
I would hope we can acquire a SG during the season, but if not I'd love to add someone like J-Rich for the MLE. That'd give us a very complete team.

BeantownBill
12-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Discuss.

Have been an awful lot of threads asking if people think the Bulls are contenders lately. Can't they be lumped into one thread so we don't have to see a new one every few days?

My answer again, for the record, is probably not. I just can't see them hanging with the powerhouse teams in the East, unless those powers suffer injuries.

DLeeicious
12-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Tags..."lol"

Hilarious OP

Tony_Starks
12-11-2010, 12:07 AM
You guys are totally right the Bulls aren't that great, Korver is no pure shooter, their defense can't cut it, Boozer can't post, and Rose is no superstar especially in the 4rth quarter as evidenced by tonight.........

I don't know what I was thinking?

checkit
12-11-2010, 12:09 AM
they have been a contender so far this season.

MJ-BULLS
12-11-2010, 12:12 AM
all we need is a real scoring guard. Then we will be more of a complete team and maybe a title contender.
Because a player like Bogans isn't going to cut it.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2010, 12:14 AM
all we need is a real scoring guard. Then we will be more of a complete team and maybe a title contender.
Because a player like Bogans isn't going to cut it.

I hope our GM knows this too and is working on trade possibilities.

MJ-BULLS
12-11-2010, 12:17 AM
I hope our GM knows this too and is working on trade possibilities.

ditto.

SteveNash
12-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Ahh, the defense isn't championship level? 8th best defense in the league is pretty ****** huh? Rose is a ballhog? Jesus you're an ignorant one. Your insinuating our bench is garbage as well, when we really have one of the better 2nd unit's around. You need to just stop.

Bulls aren't a good defensive team no. Don't bother with regular season defensive ratings as they've been exposed countless times.

Rose is the definition of a ballhog.

Your bench is only impressive when comparing it to Miami's.

Clueless guy is clueless. Watch some more Bulls games before you draw baseless conclusions that make you look unintelligent.

This season the Bulls have a good shot at getting deep into the playoffs, but as others have said before, we need a starting caliber SG who can stroke the ball from downtown, and get to the hole. Until then, I don't see us beating teams like Boston and LA in a 7 game series.

Boozer plays the high pick and roll, theres a difference there. Since Derrick is easily one of, if not the best at penetrating to the basket, all he needs is the high pick and some spacing and he is unstoppable at getting to the rim.

I watch more Bulls games than probably any other non Bull fan here. Not that it's all that necessary as you can see they're not championship worthy watching them play just one game. The only shot they have at going deep into the playoffs is a blockbuster trade or injuries to other teams. Not sure what you're comments on Boozer/Rose have to do with anything.

Crackadalic
12-11-2010, 12:26 AM
The bulls are like one good player away from being a legit contender

northsider
12-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Bulls aren't a good defensive team no. Don't bother with regular season defensive ratings as they've been exposed countless times.

I watch more Bulls games than probably any other non Bull fan here. Not that it's all that necessary as you can see they're not championship worthy watching them play just one game. The only shot they have at going deep into the playoffs is a blockbuster trade or injuries to other teams. Not sure what you're comments on Boozer/Rose have to do with anything.

This alone proves you don't watch the games at all. This is so far from the truth and in fact most of us scream for him to take the ball more. He tries his damnedest to get people going instead of doing what he can do best and that is dominate.

Saying you watch the Bulls has got to be BS cause Rose goes out of his way on allot of open takes to pass the ball and get other people going.

effen5
12-11-2010, 12:31 AM

Wow, you don't watch ****....

SteveNash
12-11-2010, 12:31 AM
This alone proves you don't watch the games at all. This is so far from the truth and in fact most of us scream for him to take the ball more. He tries his damnedest to get people going instead of doing what he can do best and that is dominate.

Saying you watch the Bulls has got to be BS cause Rose goes out of his way on allot of open takes to pass the ball and get other people going.

Bulls fans scream because they want to make him into a false superstar. As it is now, he's the typical ballhog who dominates the ball all the time and stands around looking at the ball whenever it isn't in his hands.

RZZZA
12-11-2010, 12:34 AM
You guys are totally right the Bulls aren't that great, Korver is no pure shooter, their defense can't cut it, Boozer can't post, and Rose is no superstar especially in the 4rth quarter as evidenced by tonight.........

I don't know what I was thinking?

Truth. Bulls suck

DaBear
12-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Bulls fans scream because they want to make him into a false superstar. As it is now, he's the typical ballhog who dominates the ball all the time and stands around looking at the ball whenever it isn't in his hands.

A guy named SteveNash claims he watches the Bulls a lot. I guess you would know about false superstars.

northsider
12-11-2010, 12:37 AM

I have a hard time sensing if your being sarcastic or just dumb. You can just tell your fueled by Bulls posters more then you are the actual player we are talking about. Nothing of what you said holds a drop of water. I understand getting annoyed of hearing about him but, you just sound bitter that he is as advertised and now you are finding anything and everything to not eat crow on it.

I really feel dumb for arguing with you cause you haven't had anything valid to say.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2010, 12:40 AM
SteveNash, you just asked for it homie.

MJ-BULLS
12-11-2010, 12:40 AM
some people really need to watch certain teams before making a conclusion.

D Roses Bulls
12-11-2010, 12:41 AM
lmao at all the haters in here

j/m_ets
12-11-2010, 12:42 AM

:rolleyes:

daricoliver
12-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Some immensely idiotic posters tonight. If you watched the game tonight you would quickly see that Rose is a money player and made several sensational plays in the fourth quarter and bailed out the Bulls yet again. He is outstanding. If you watched the Bulls over the last couple of years you would understand that Rose has had to force himself to be aggressive at times because he likes to get others involved and defers to his team mates. He is far from a ball hog. He makes players around him better. They would make him better by hitting their wide open threes and layups. He missed out on about five assists tonight due to his team mates missing wide open uncontested shots. He takes a lot of crap about his defense but his D has improved as the season has gone on. He is at least an average defender now.

sargon21
12-11-2010, 12:44 AM
are there really that many people "hating"? All i see is "Steve Nash" hating.

RZZZA
12-11-2010, 12:45 AM
I think 2 players besides Rose gave the Bulls energy tonight. Deng and Korver. Nailing their shots, hitting those 3s.

Rose was dominant, sure ,but don't forget the other guys who performed well

and Roses' 3pt shot is just so sweet to look at. When he's hot with that shot, hes hot

toovey107
12-11-2010, 12:46 AM
8 apg on a team with no other player who can create for himself on the perimeter.

Yeah, he's a ball hog.

:laugh2:

hugepatsfan
12-11-2010, 12:46 AM
I think that the Bulls are a very good and dangerous team. Not an elite team, but a very solid 2nd tier team.

RZZZA
12-11-2010, 12:47 AM
We're close to elite, I think. Very close. So close, we can taste it.

hugepatsfan
12-11-2010, 12:47 AM
8 apg on a team with no other player who can create for himself on the perimeter.

Yeah, he's a ball hog.

If those guys could create for themselves on the perimeter wouldn't that make Rose's assists go down? Because then they would, you know, create for themselves rather than be assisted.

effen5
12-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Bogans is starting....imagine if we had a legit SG....Rose assist would be even higher...

MGB
12-11-2010, 12:51 AM

obvious troll is obvious

daricoliver
12-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Their defense and rotations will only get better as they play longer in Thibs system. I just wish he had the sense to not start Keith Bogans. He is a horrible offensive player, still plays ok defense, but misses so many wide open shots. Brewer is so much more effective when he is in there.

zambo4president
12-11-2010, 12:56 AM
I think that the Bulls are a very good and dangerous team. Not an elite team, but a very solid 2nd tier team.

Yeah that's a pretty fair assesment. I'd have to agree with you. Were a good 2 Guard away from elite.

RZZZA
12-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Bogans needs to be kidnapped by the mafia, tied up in a sack and thrown into lake michigan

MJ-BULLS
12-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Bogans needs to be kidnapped by the mafia, tied up in a sack and thrown into lake michigan

that will be a little too harsh don't you think?

nah, screw it.

effen5
12-11-2010, 01:00 AM
that will be a little too harsh don't you think?

nah, screw it.

It is harsh...hes not pargo.

zambo4president
12-11-2010, 01:07 AM
It is harsh...hes not pargo.

Yeah noone but Jannero would deserve that. Come to think of it...Why did we let that son of a ***** leave the CHI with both of his legs working? We should have introuduced him to Jay Williams.

SteveNash
12-11-2010, 01:31 AM
A guy named SteveNash claims he watches the Bulls a lot. I guess you would know about false superstars.

If only you knew ;)

are there really that many people "hating"? All i see is "Steve Nash" hating.

Speaking the truth = hating.

Yeah, he's a ball hog.

8 APG?!? That's Marburyesque. And he's certainly not a ballhog, actually Marbury was less of a ballhog than Rose.. It's so funny watching the younger generation try to anoint yet another ballhog. Just tel me are most of you Rose fans who will stick by him even after the franchise grows tired of him and dumps him or are you Bulls fans?

footballer2369
12-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Ok, now let's move this to the Bulls forum... It has run its course...

RZZZA
12-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Rose, a ballhog? that's really insane. Nobody agrees with you dude, take a hint.

I agree with whoever said that Bulls fans want Rose to TAKE OVER games more. Rose starts games all the time trying to create shots for others, then we fall behind, and Rose is forced to beast in order to bring us back.

So many times, Rose CARRIES this team on his shoulders, he pushes the passion and brings out the heart in the team when they're sucking.

Stuckey#3
12-11-2010, 01:45 AM
I can see the bulls making it to the Semi Finals. Probably won't get further than that until next year. But I would love to see them destroy Miami in the Playoffs. I think the future of the East is Chi Bulls and NYK.

Team*Chicago
12-11-2010, 01:46 AM

:cool: Atleast Derrick Rose>Steve Nash

kozelkid
12-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Guys, this is the same guy who said Dwight Howard sucked last year. Add him to the ignore list and move on. We all know what his intentions are. He's here to bait, end of story.

DaBear
12-11-2010, 01:52 AM
I can see the bulls making it to the Semi Finals. Probably won't get further than that until next year. But I would love to see them destroy Miami in the Playoffs. I think the future of the East is Chi Bulls and NYK.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

kozelkid
12-11-2010, 01:55 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why not? Boston isn't getting any younger. Orlando is going to be ****ed very soon with that Lewis contract. Miami needs to be included obviously. However, if NY can find a way to add Melo or Gallo can get more consistent, then they can be the future.

effen5
12-11-2010, 02:00 AM

Bulls, NYK, and Orlando....its like the old days :)

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2010, 02:03 AM
SteveNash is just mad that Rose for 3 straight years now has pissed on his boy Nash and the rest of his teammates.

SteveNash
12-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Rose, a ballhog? that's really insane. Nobody agrees with you dude, take a hint.

I agree with whoever said that Bulls fans want Rose to TAKE OVER games more. Rose starts games all the time trying to create shots for others, then we fall behind, and Rose is forced to beast in order to bring us back.

So many times, Rose CARRIES this team on his shoulders, he pushes the passion and brings out the heart in the team when they're sucking.

Why his stats nearly identical from first half to second half then?

:cool: Atleast Derrick Rose>Steve Nash

Nope :cool:

Guys, this is the same guy who said Dwight Howard sucked last year. Add him to the ignore list and move on. We all know what his intentions are. He's here to bait, end of story.

When did I say Howard sucked last year? Oh that's right NEVER. Guess you couldn't handle my PMs and chickened out of a bet so you have to run here to gain moral support from your Bull buddies while making up lies.

SteveNash is just mad that Rose for 3 straight years now has pissed on his boy Nash and the rest of his teammates.

Maybe if I was actually a Nash fan.

jmtapia
12-11-2010, 02:15 AM
i thought coming in while adding Boozer they were a top team coming out of the East. It all really depends on what kind of player Rose can be when it matter the most.

kozelkid
12-11-2010, 02:17 AM
When did I say Howard sucked last year? Oh that's right NEVER. Guess you couldn't handle my PMs and chickened out of a bet so you have to run here to gain moral support from your Bull buddies while making up lies.

Are you serious? lol
You claimed Toronto and Atlanta are better than the Bulls and yet you won't do the bet that Bulls will make the 2nd round. :laugh2:
And let's ask Raph about the crap you talked about Howard last season.
Your trolling act is getting old.

Maybe Celtics, Heat, Magic, Lakers, Jazz, Thunder, Nuggets, Hawks, Raptors all suffer horrific plane accidents and leave an easy road for the Bulls. Either way, it wouldn't change how poor this Bulls team is at the current stage

That's 5 East teams you think are better than Bulls meaning, there's no reason they should make it to the 2nd round unless you think they will have one of the best records in the East. So make your mind up. Unless you are scared, which I understand.

king4day
12-11-2010, 02:19 AM
This has been discussed multiple times this year.

I don't think they're elite, but they could get there and are certainly a contender in the east. They should be a second or third round exit at this time. We'll see how they improve over the year.
Fun team to watch atm.

footballer2369
12-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Atlanta is better than the Bulls...

Tony_Starks
12-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Bogans is starting....imagine if we had a legit SG....Rose assist would be even higher...

Why are yall sleepin on Brewer? He's not a long bomber but his mid range is money and he's a very solid defender at the 2. Always did well against my Lakers......

kozelkid
12-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Atlanta is better than the Bulls...
Ok that's fine, then he shouldn't have a problem making a sig bet that the Bulls won't make it to the 2nd round.

RZZZA
12-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Why are yall sleepin on Brewer? He's not a long bomber but his mid range is money and he's a very solid defender at the 2. Always did well against my Lakers......

Don't ask dude...nobody understand why Bogans is playing, let alone starting. If you figure it out, let us know.

ElMarroAfamado
12-11-2010, 02:34 AM
ive been rooting for the bulls since they gave us that classic series with the celtics a couple years ago...and yes i think they can be a contender in the east...they are a much better/deeper team than the heat and it wouldnt surprise anyone or any "rational" nba fan to see them make it further in the playoffs than the heat

tredigs
12-11-2010, 02:34 AM
Simple answer: Yes, definitely. They have all the tools to be a contender. Now let's see if they can make it happen.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2010, 02:35 AM
You are right. I make the mistake of wasting times with trolls way too often, especially one who has been owned timeless times in this forum.

Remember guys this is the same guy who said Howard sucks and that Kareem is a career loser. :laugh:

We can make an encyclopedia of hilarious posts from this guy, heatking, dnewguy and a few others.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Damn. I've been looking for the video so I could make the exact gif you have in your sig! Haha and it made me notice that Phil Jackson got a good look at shrug number 2 as well.

If you spend more time in the Bulls forum, you'll see that Red provides gifs of great plays right after every game :D

RZZZA
12-11-2010, 02:39 AM
we need to scrap book all these great gifs of Rose man

kozelkid
12-11-2010, 02:43 AM
We can make an encyclopedia of hilarious posts from this guy, heatking, dnewguy and a few others.

Pretty much. However as fun as it is to bash him, you were right in originally saying that we need to stay on topic.

With the Bulls, I think they can be a contender. Are they yet, though? Nope. At the moment, there are ony 5 teams I've seen that are contenders. They are LA, Boston, San Antonio, Orlando, and Dallas. I think Miami and Chicago can join this group soon, but not yet. Both still need time to gel. For Chicago, they have the perfect time to with a very soft 18 game schedule coming up.

I still don't think finals are necessarily realistic, but it can certainly happen if the stars allign ALA the 08-09 Magic. Goal atm should be ECF and if they don't make the 2nd round, they failed. Like I said before, next year they should hopefully add an MLE player along with another year of experience for the young core.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2010, 02:46 AM
Pretty much. However as fun as it is to bash him, you were right in originally saying that we need to stay on topic.

With the Bulls, I think they can be a contender. Are they yet, though? Nope. At the moment, there are ony 5 teams I've seen that are contenders. They are LA, Boston, San Antonio, Orlando, and Dallas. I think Miami and Chicago can join this group soon, but not yet. Both still need time to gel. For Chicago, they have the perfect time to with a very soft 18 game schedule coming up.

I still don't think finals are necessarily realistic, but it can certainly happen if the stars allign ALA the 08-09 Magic. Goal atm should be ECF and if they don't make the 2nd round, they failed. Like I said before, next year they should hopefully add an MLE player along with another year of experience for the young core.
I still think we have to address the SG issue this season, cuz it'll come back to haunt us in the playoffs. I don't think we'll have a shot at Melo because the Nuggets are out to rob somebody and we're not gonna gut our team for him. If we can get a guy like Nick Young for cheap, then we need to pull the trigger.

kozelkid
12-11-2010, 02:51 AM
I still think we have to address the SG issue this season, cuz it'll come back to haunt us in the playoffs. I don't think we'll have a shot at Melo because the Nuggets are out to rob somebody and we're not gonna gut our team for him. If we can get a guy like Nick Young for cheap, then we need to pull the trigger.

Not only is Melo not realistic, but he doesn't fit our system. We are a defense first team, Melo isn't a defense first player. We also need unselfishness, Melo isn't. He also doesn't bring the spacing that Deng does. Melo is a very good player, but not for our team. And finally, we have a closer anyway.

We still need possibly another player who can be a playmaker, but not necessarily one of Melo's caliber. I still like to think we can ink J-rich to an MLE contract this offseason. Would not want Nick Young though, that guy is a chucker. I'd like Mayo but they'd likely demand an arm and a leg.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Not only is Melo not realistic, but he doesn't fit our system. We are a defense first team, Melo isn't a defense first player. We also need unselfishness, Melo isn't. He also doesn't bring the spacing that Deng does. Melo is a very good player, but not for our team. And finally, we have a closer anyway.

We still need possibly another player who can be a playmaker, but not necessarily one of Melo's caliber. I still like to think we can ink J-rich to an MLE contract this offseason. Would not want Nick Young though, that guy is a chucker. I'd like Mayo but they'd likely demand an arm and a leg.

Ya I'm really starting to warm up to Deng's defense and all of a sudden consistent 3 point shot. Not much he needs to do besides those things. It would be nice however, if he hit the weight room and learn how to go up to the rim with power and dunk that **** instead of missing so many damn layups.

I'd love J-Rich dude is a baller and would fit so perfectly on this team. But can he be had for the MLE? I doubt cuz there probably will be some team that will offer him some ridiculous contract.

effen5
12-11-2010, 03:15 AM
yo steve nash

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/VespertineIconoclast/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

RZZZA
12-11-2010, 03:15 AM
I'm glad people have started warming up to Deng. I guess with Bogans playing so crappy, there's no room left to criticize anybody else that much

JayW_1023
12-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Once Boozer rounds into form, they have chance to beat anybody.

Meaze_Gibson
12-11-2010, 11:22 AM
I think you all are a darkhorse contender. In fact, I think in both conferences you all are a legit 3-4 seed capable of winning and going on a run, especially if key injuries or chemistry issues develop in the top teams. i also think you all are better than the Magic but I guess that's another topic.

Cubs Win
12-11-2010, 11:45 AM
If you spend more time in the Bulls forum, you'll see that Red provides gifs of great plays right after every game :D

I was looking through it for a gif or youtube video but I guess I just didn't see it. Dibs on the next Rose ridiculous play gif! (which will probably happen tonight at the rate he's been making these huge plays) :D

madvillian9
12-11-2010, 12:13 PM

I hope your right. I just don't see them quite there yet. I think they're a SG away at this point. They need a guy that can play off the ball that doesnt take shots away from rose, plays good D, and has experience. Rip Hamilton comes to mind. I think that would be a good fit.

Hustla23
12-11-2010, 12:17 PM
I hope your right. I just don't see them quite there yet. I think they're a SG away at this point. They need a guy that can play off the ball that doesnt take shots away from rose, plays good D, and has experience. Rip Hamilton comes to mind. I think that would be a good fit.
Rip would make that starting five very complete. Good call.

samurai
12-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Rip Hamilton has declined considerably and his contract is cost prohibitive...I am thinking O.J. Mayo would make us a very dangerous team.

Ray_R
12-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Rip Hamilton has declined considerably and his contract is cost prohibitive...I am thinking O.J. Mayo would make us a very dangerous team.

:pray:

SchyGuy11
12-11-2010, 12:48 PM

gave me a pretty good idea that you are wrong

eugene
12-11-2010, 01:08 PM
they need a legit SG...

Badluck33
12-11-2010, 01:27 PM

r u that ignorant that you don't know who Taj Gibson or Kyle Korver are?

Plus Asik is showing that he can probably start for some of the teams in the NBA right now.

effen5
12-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Steve Nash, y u mad tho?

PhillyFaninLA
12-11-2010, 02:07 PM
They are the 4th best team in the east behind Boston, Orlando, and Miami. I don't think the 4th best team in a conference is ever a dark horse.

Baller1
12-11-2010, 02:13 PM

If the Celtics decide to blow it up within the next couple years, Ray Ray sounds like the perfect fit.

Simpson4Heisman
12-11-2010, 02:13 PM
When and if the Bulls get a Richard Hamilton type they will be a title contender. **** maybe Brewer and Korver are already Richard Hamilton. There abilities together are perfect for this team. I'd really rather not make a trade and let things pan out. I don't think we can lose Rose, Noah, Deng, Boozer, Korver, or Gibson. There for who do we trade?

I love the NBA this year as a whole. I was always glad the Bulls didn't get James, but now I'm actually happy he went to the Heat. As it seems the duo in Miami has pissed other teams off, to the point where teams are impressing us. The Bulls are one of those teams, as are the Knicks. The Celtics have clearly showed there going NOWHERE and that's without Perkins, O'Neal, or West. The Magic I believe will be the team that begins to fall apart in the east.

seikou8
12-11-2010, 02:22 PM
the celtics have beat you two times and there 18-4 its all about the bulls damn we talk about them everyday

fadedmario
12-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Are the Denver Nuggets a darkhorse team? They are better than the Bulls

kozelkid
12-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Are the Denver Nuggets a darkhorse team? They are better than the Bulls

Based on what? We beat them the first time without our 2nd best player and almost beat them the second without Rose AND Boozer. That team has way too many issues with Melo along with Billups going on a fast decline, to be a contender.

the celtics have beat you two times and there 18-4 its all about the bulls damn we talk about them everyday

I think, at least hope, that he meant that they aren't all of a sudden declining like people thought they would. And in that sense, they are going "nowhere". And there are plenty of other threads that aren't Bulls related. It's your fault you decided to click on a thread that specifically says are the Bulls a darkhorse contender?

JB0B0
12-11-2010, 03:10 PM
They are the 4th best team in the east behind Boston, Orlando, and Miami. I don't think the 4th best team in a conference is ever a dark horse.

Boston was the 4th seed last year.

h2r09
12-11-2010, 03:23 PM
r u that ignorant that you don't know who Taj Gibson or Kyle Korver are?

Plus Asik is showing that he can probably start for some of the teams in the NBA right now.

so the heat have horrible edepth and a terrible bench because they have haslem and miller coming off the bench when healthy yet you counter with that argument?

Draco
12-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Bulls cannot beat the Celtics, Magic, Hawks, Knicks, Lakers, Jazz, Spurs, Mavs in a 7 game series

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559945

Cubs Win
12-11-2010, 05:04 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559945

Permaban FTW. :pray:

checkit
12-11-2010, 11:02 PM
okay this thread is entertaining.

D Roses Bulls
12-11-2010, 11:14 PM
they are a darkhorse contender. depending how rose develops

JB0B0
12-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Rose is shooting lights out from 3. The coaches weren't kidding when they said he was the best 3 point shooter for Team USA over the summer.

JB0B0
12-11-2010, 11:37 PM
The east, in my opinion is:

1. Boston
2. Miami
3. Orlando
4. Chicago

However, I would not surprised to see the Bulls finish 3rd this year.

shep33
12-11-2010, 11:40 PM
I think Chicago is better than Orlando... Magic need to make a trade badly to stay among the elite. Chicago solid all around, except they could use a 2 guard that can score from time to time.

Yes, they should be a darkhorse

JB0B0
12-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I think Chicago is better than Orlando... Magic need to make a trade badly to stay among the elite. Chicago solid all around, except they could use a 2 guard that can score from time to time.

We got destroyed by Orlando on our home floor last week in Boozer's debut. However, I do agree that Orlando lacks consistent scoring and needs to and probably will make a trade.

nygiants242
12-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Not a dark horse contender anymore.. people are all over the Bulls (not meant in a bad way). Therefore, they are no longer a dark horse contender in my mind.

kozelkid
12-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Not a dark horse contender anymore.. people are all over the Bulls (not meant in a bad way). Therefore, they are no longer a dark horse contender in my mind.

Eh, it's 50-50. Many are starting to put Bulls alongside the elite in the East, but there are also many who still won't, mainly cause our record hasn't been "flashy" enough. However, those same people don't realize that we have had the second hardest schedule up to now. I expect most to consider us a contender by the end of our soft schedule where we should hopefully rack up a ton of wins, even out and have a record closer to Boston's.

I think we are in general better than Orlando, but not against them head-to-head. They just create too many matchup problems for us. Particularly at the 4 and 5 which sucks cause those are our two of our 3 strongest positions. Noah has major issues guarding strong centers like Howard and Boozer has major issues guarding perimeter 4's. And then Rose appears to be afraid going to the hole against Howard after being injured twice in a row playing against the Magic when getting fouled by Howard.

_Supreme_
12-12-2010, 10:39 AM
New York and Atlanta have similar or (slightly) better records, so why isn't there a similar thread about these teams being "dark horses"?

It's another typically kiddy-fan thing to argue this stuff at this point of the season.

Let's wait and see where everyone stands near the end of the season.

justinnum1
12-12-2010, 12:19 PM
New York and Atlanta have similar or (slightly) better records, so why isn't there a similar thread about these teams being "dark horses"?

It's another typically kiddy-fan thing to argue this stuff at this point of the season.

This.

Doogolas
12-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Why not? Because the Bulls have played the second toughest schedule in the NBA while the Knicks and Atlanta have played the easiest and 6th easiest respectively. That's just my guess.

That, or somebody just hasn't thought it up yet.

Corey
12-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I dont see how anyone considered them a dark horse anyways.

Divisionally, they would be a top 4 seed unless they had an epic collapse. I don't see how any team that hosts a playoff series could be considered a dark horse, but I guess it depends on your interpretation of the term.

effen5
12-12-2010, 12:45 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Knicks have the easiest schedule in the league so far.....
Atlanta has the 7th easiest schedule
Bulls have the second hardest schedule in the league.

magichatnumber9
12-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I think Tibs is going to have them playing great ball at the end of the season
Who knows

Jamiecballer
12-12-2010, 01:14 PM
they were my pre-season pick to win the East but now I think it will be Boston at #1 and Chicago at #2

DLeeicious
12-12-2010, 01:15 PM

Well that would be because a Heat fan started the thread, put "lol" as the tag, then after about 5 pages said "okay this has run it's course move to the Bulls forum". In other words another typical Heat thread trying to bash the Bulls and take attention off themselves.

RZZZA
12-12-2010, 01:25 PM
If Bulls had the 2nd hardest schedule, who had the hardest?

JordansBulls
12-12-2010, 01:34 PM
If Bulls had the 2nd hardest schedule, who had the hardest?

Hornets

Hawkeye15
12-12-2010, 02:38 PM

Knicks have the easiest schedule in the league so far.....
Atlanta has the 7th easiest schedule
Bulls have the second hardest schedule in the league.

look at the Lakers SOS. dang

h2r09
12-12-2010, 03:03 PM
they are very good but they arent a true title contender. just one of those very good, hardnosed teams like the jazz but they wont win. if they get a better sg then maybe

Ovratd1up
12-12-2010, 11:37 PM

The seven teams with the hardest records are all at least 14-8 with the exception of the Clippers.

xxcubs22xx
12-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Looks like SteveNash did not get the memo in this thread...

Hiphopopotamus
12-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Bulls + a legit 2 = playoff nightmare match up/contender
Bulls as currently built = ECF as best case scenario

Southsideheat
12-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Bulls need to make some hay with their schedule coming up. They could sneak into the 3rd seed.

Boston is playing great, but we knew they would coming out of the gate. They'll sacrifice home court to be healthy in the playoffs.

Sly Guy
12-13-2010, 01:41 PM
no such thing as a darkhorse contender this season. Top teams are too good, and the bulls aren't one of them. This season, there are only two categories, the have's, and the have not's.

Kashmir13579
12-13-2010, 02:36 PM
they are no more of a contender than the Knickerbockers. . Bulls fans will say different but i think that is the general consensus.

Baller1
12-13-2010, 02:39 PM
they are no more of a contender than the Knickerbockers. . Bulls fans will say different but i think that is the general consensus.

I'll agree with that once I see them beat a few strong teams.

Kashmir13579
12-13-2010, 02:41 PM

well, they beat the bulls, hornets, and now the nuggets. (almost beat the Cs) bulls beat a lot of good teams without boozer so playing that card would be foolish... we play the Celtics and Heat this week. i'm not saying they have to win either of those games, but if they play competitively thats all i need to see.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2010, 02:57 PM

x2, we will know after December whether NY can keep up this pace or not

chi-townlove1
12-13-2010, 03:24 PM

are u kidding me.. one of top defenses in league. Derrick Rose not a superstar?... korver, deng, boozer, and rose shooting. Taj, Brewer, Asik off bench. Boozer, Noah, and Taj in post... come on man. be realistic.

JB0B0
12-13-2010, 03:30 PM

As long as D'Antoni is your coach, you guys won't contend for a title :facepalm:

Kashmir13579
12-13-2010, 03:50 PM
As long as D'Antoni is your coach, you guys won't contend for a title :facepalm:

i can do that too... as long as Rose is their PG, the bulls won't contend for a title.

sargon21
12-13-2010, 03:54 PM
so Kashmir you think the Bulls = Knicks right now, I just want to get this right so I can bring it up in May/June

Doogolas
12-13-2010, 03:57 PM
so Kashmir you think the Bulls = Knicks right now, I just want to get this right so I can bring it up in May/June

Can I ask you a question? Why do you care? He is a fan of his team and they're playing great right now. Who cares if he thinks they're better than the Bulls? That's absolutely not worth bringing up in May/June regardless of the outcome.

Get over your personal grudge, it's ridiculous, just like the big *** green text in your sig. Which is a perfect example of the exact reason EVERYBODY hates us in this forum.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-13-2010, 04:03 PM
i can do that too... as long as Rose is their PG, the bulls won't contend for a title.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cubs420
12-13-2010, 04:43 PM

:confused::confused:

What other point guard would give them a better shot? Rose is playing on a MVP level so far this year and I only expect him to get better...

The Bulls are a really good team, but they are still a few guys short of being a legit title contender IMO... As everyone has said, they need a solid SG and I also think they need another Center coming off the bench... I like Asik, he has been better then I thought he would be, But I still think we need more depth in the front-court... Too bad we had to get rid of Brad Miller, he would have been nice coming off the bench.

SteveNash
12-13-2010, 04:47 PM
:confused::confused:

What other point guard would give them a better shot? Rose is playing on a MVP level so far this year and I only expect him to get better...

The Bulls are a really good team, but they are still a few guys short of being a legit title contender IMO... As everyone has said, they need a solid SG and I also think they need another Center coming off the bench... I like Asik, he has been better then I thought he would be, But I still think we need more depth in the front-court... Too bad we had to get rid of Brad Miller, he would have been nice coming off the bench.

Felton

Hawkeye15
12-13-2010, 04:48 PM

dude, I made this mistake with Kobe a few years back, saying he would never be the lead dog on a championship team. I would be careful stating absolutes. I learned the hard way, and had like 10 laker fans sporting my stupid quote for months haha

I think since then, I refuse to make those kind of statements

JordansBulls
12-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Felton

Please tell me you are joking here?

SteveNash
12-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Please tell me you are joking here?

Sooner or later you're going to have to realize that having a ball dominant PG will never win a title in todays game.

Especially a PG like Rose who doesn't bring the intangibles to the game of basketball.

Aapox
12-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Everyone just hates D Rose because a) they are jelly and b) they probably don't watch every game he plays. The guy is a serious stud. Of course, there is room for improvement, but so far this year he has shown that he is the real deal.

Bruno
12-13-2010, 04:58 PM
The Bulls are a legit contender, and they will be for many years to come.

The East still belongs to the Celtics, but IMO the Bulls have passed The Hawks and are now in the running with Miami, Orlando as Bostons main challengers.

Hawkeye15
12-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Sooner or later you're going to have to realize that having a ball dominant PG will never win a title in todays game.

Especially a PG like Rose who doesn't bring the intangibles to the game of basketball.

I will provide just two examples, since I don't care to keep looking up players I think were the same.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=thomais01&y1=1990&p2=billuch01&y2=2004&p3=rosede01&y3=2011

And there have been multiple teams that didn't need a contributing PG to win a ring at all.

PurpleJesus28
12-13-2010, 05:07 PM

kind of an odd statement to make considering everyone raves about how hard of a worker he is, how hard he pushes himself/teammates, and how he's the leader of the team. yup, those sure are some pretty crappy intangibles. :clap:

i do think the bulls are a darkhorse, i think a lot of teams are darkhorses too though, knicks for one. definitely need an upgrade at SG to be considered a title contender though. i like the way the bench has been playing as of late though. i expect more out of Watson though, his plays been a little too inconsistent.

SteveNash
12-13-2010, 05:19 PM
I will provide just two examples, since I don't care to keep looking up players I think were the same.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=thomais01&y1=1990&p2=billuch01&y2=2004&p3=rosede01&y3=2011

And there have been multiple teams that didn't need a contributing PG to win a ring at all.

I don't think Isiah would win in todays game with his playing style, but he was one of the greatest leaders in NBA history. Something Rose hasn't shown.

And you're completely wrong about Billups. Billups was a shoot first PG but did not dominate the ball. Under Larry Brown he shared a lot of ball handling duties with Rip. Flip came in and had Billups carry more of the load, the Pistons got worse, and Billups still didn't hog the ball as much as Rose.

Teams don't need a great PG to be a contender and that's my point. Teams that build around PG, the weakest position in the NBA will fail.

kind of an odd statement to make considering everyone raves about how hard of a worker he is, how hard he pushes himself/teammates, and how he's the leader of the team. yup, those sure are some pretty crappy intangibles. :clap:

i do think the bulls are a darkhorse, i think a lot of teams are darkhorses too though, knicks for one. definitely need an upgrade at SG to be considered a title contender though. i like the way the bench has been playing as of late though. i expect more out of Watson though, his plays been a little too inconsistent.

Such a hard worker he had to cheat to get into college?

Doogolas
12-13-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't think Isiah would win in todays game with his playing style, but he was one of the greatest leaders in NBA history. Something Rose hasn't shown.

And you're completely wrong about Billups. Billups was a shoot first PG but did not dominate the ball. Under Larry Brown he shared a lot of ball handling duties with Rip. Flip came in and had Billups carry more of the load, the Pistons got worse, and Billups still didn't hog the ball as much as Rose.

Teams don't need a great PG to be a contender and that's my point. Teams that build around PG, the weakest position in the NBA will fail.

:laugh2: Yeah, because academics have SO much to do with putting in a ton of hard work in basketball. If Rose wasn't a hardworker how the hell could he have gone from a ****** 3 point shooter to an extremely good one over the course of one summer, magic? Or maybe he just didn't feel like shooting threes before than and was always awesome at it?

Rose doesn't hog the ball, Rose controls the ball and creates for his teammates. He does what the coach wants him to do, which is control the game. And he does it extremely well.

The Bulls are also not just a one man band, they have Boozer back and starting to get in step with the team, Deng is starting to pick it up now that he's where he should be as the #3 option and Deng is playing absolutely lock down defense as well. Noah is a great rebounder and good at cleaning up to get a few points.

We have Korver and Brewer off the bench (though one of them should be our starting 2 at this point).

We have more than just Rose. Rose is just the best player.

If you're so incredibly blinded by your hate for Rose that you cannot even admit that he is one of the most hardworking players in the NBA then there is really no point even bothering trying to talk to you. When the Bulls finally win it all you'll just have to admit you were wrong.

Kashmir13579
12-13-2010, 05:39 PM
dude, I made this mistake with Kobe a few years back, saying he would never be the lead dog on a championship team. I would be careful stating absolutes. I learned the hard way, and had like 10 laker fans sporting my stupid quote for months haha

I think since then, I refuse to make those kind of statements

when your right, your right. still though, i wasn't really being sincere. i was just replying to the "absolute" statement that he made directly before. (even though its true D'antoni is a horrible defensive coach:facepalm:)

Draco
12-13-2010, 05:40 PM

Yeah.. such a hard worker that he couldn't finish peeling an apple and cut himself after falling asleep. You must be on to something that Kobe doesn't know.

Kashmir13579
12-13-2010, 05:44 PM

here is where the devil's advocate comes in.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=rosede01&y1=2011&p2=marbust01&y2=2009&p3=francst01&y3=2008

Hawkeye15
[QUOTE=SteveNash;15916996]I don't think Isiah would win in todays game with his playing style, but he was one of the greatest leaders in NBA history. Something Rose hasn't shown.

Teams don't need a great PG to be a contender and that's my point. Teams that build around PG, the weakest position in the NBA will fail.QUOTE]
Of course you don't agree with logic, why would you start now. Fact is, you can win with ANY type of PG. Its not on them. Its a team that wins a ring. As long as the puzzle adds up, it doesn't matter if its a shoot first PG or not.
And most the great PG's have high usage. The coach wants the ball in their hands most of the time unless you are speaking of a complex offense, of which a great PG is not required (Lakers)

Thomas couldn't win now? Are you crazy?

And the point was, I just showed you two PG's who are shoot first that won championships. You can pick apart the differences all you like. Its totally possible that a ball dominating PG can lead a team.

Doogolas
when your right, your right. still though, i wasn't really being sincere. i was just replying to the "absolute" statement that he made directly before. (even though its true D'antoni is a horrible defensive coach:facepalm:)

In the defense of that statement though, defense IS stupidfyingly important. I can't remember 100% for sure but I am at least 80% certain only one team with a defense not in the top 10 in the NBA has won a Championship in the last 15 years.

Kashmir13579
12-13-2010, 05:47 PM
In the defense of that statement though, defense IS stupidfyingly important. I can't remember 100% for sure but I am at least 80% certain only one team with a defense not in the top 10 in the NBA has won a Championship in the last 15 years.

i am not arguing with you. believe me. D'antoni is a prick... but in the end, crazier things have happened in sports.

Doogolas
12-13-2010, 05:53 PM
i am not arguing with you. believe me. D'antoni is a prick... but in the end, crazier things have happened in sports.

Sure, but I would be willing to say that the Bulls have a much better chance at winning a championship with Rose than any team does with D'antoni. And that's not a slight to the Knicks, that's 100% on D'antoni.

Hawkeye15
12-13-2010, 05:54 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=rosede01&y1=2011&p2=marbust01&y2=2009&p3=francst01&y3=2008

oh dude, I am not saying anying EXCEPT there have been shot first PGs that have won it before.

Red222
12-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Sure, but I would be willing to say that the Bulls have a much better chance at winning a championship with Rose than any team does with D'antoni. And that's not a slight to the Knicks, that's 100% on D'antoni.

I have to agree with that

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2010, 05:57 PM
I have to agree with that

when ever I see your name, I always either wanna yell out Hike or call an audible ;)

Red222
12-13-2010, 05:59 PM
when ever I see your name, I always either wanna yell out Hike or call an audible ;)

:laugh:

Kashmir13579
12-13-2010, 06:03 PM
^^^^^

oh dude, I am not saying anying EXCEPT there have been shot first PGs that have won it before.
I don't blame you :)

Kashmir13579
12-13-2010, 06:06 PM

Don't take this out of context, please. i think if you go back to the post and the one i was replying to, you would get where i was coming from. if you don't then i really don't plan on visiting this thread again anyway.
refer to post 187

Doogolas
12-13-2010, 06:09 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nashst01&y1=2007&p2=stockjo01&y2=1991&p3=porteke01&y3=1979&p4=johnske02&y4=1989

All of them pass first.

Ring count: 0

Doogolas
12-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Don't take this out of context, please. i think if you go back to the post and the one i was replying to, you would get where i was coming from. if you don't then i really don't plan on visiting this thread again anyway.
refer to post 187

Oh I know exactly why you did it. It was a douchey comment. I was just elaborating a bit.

Sir Buckets
12-13-2010, 06:43 PM
SteveNash, could I just ask you why you hate Rose so much? Him, Durant, Westbrook, etc. are all young, hard-working, good attitude players, and the future of the NBA. They're a breath of fresh air considering all these modern day, whiny, mega-ego stars.

If Rose was 6' 6" and labeled a SG, nobody would be asking if he could someday lead his team to a title. The answer would be a resounding "yes". You'd be called a hater just for asking it. But since he's a 6' 3" PG, people act like it's a legitimate question.

"Oh, he's a shoot-first PG."

"He shoots too much for a PG."

So dumb. So unbelievably dumb. Listen to what you guys are saying. "Uh, just because this guy has an imaginary label of PG means he shouldn't shoot a lot."

The fact of the matter is, Rose is our best all-around shooter (factoring in close, mid-, and long-range shooting). The team's best all-around player/shooter should absolutely be taking the most shots on the team. If he spends his time passing it off to inferior shooters only to see them lay bricks, he's wasting his talent. Could Rose be a better creator/distributor? Yes, he's not on CP3's or Williams' level yet, but he's still damn good.

And he's not a shoot-first point guard. Yes, sometimes he will technically "shoot first", but the majority of the time he looks to get others involved beforehand. In the past couple of years it was maybe to a fault, but this year he's gotten more assertive (and for the better).

He's a spectacular, breathtaking finisher around the rim.

He has one of the best midrange games in the league.

He's shooting over 40% from deep.

He's in the top ten in assists.

His defense is solid.

He has a good attitude.

His work ethic is unbelievable.

And yet, he is continually misunderstood and hated by biased, blind, and ignorant posters. I just don't get it.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-13-2010, 07:24 PM
SteveNash at it again? :laugh2:

Cubs Win
12-14-2010, 01:59 AM
This :facepalm: is brought to you by: SteveNash's last post.

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Hard work means putting in effort for things you don't want to do. It's a lot easier if you love playing the game for fun and can put "hard work" in by taking jump shots all day. It's a completely different matter for doing things that are actually difficult. Him taking the easy way out and being a cheat just shows his overall laziness at doing something he doesn't like or want to do. Probably why he's such a terrible defender.

So what's your excuse for this awful post? Poor reading comprehension? I said ball dominant PG not shoot first there's a huge difference. There have been plenty of scoring PG's to win rings and there will continue to be ones. I am talking about PG's that overhandle the ball. Whether it be a shoot first (AI) or pass first (Nash).

Thomas would have an extremely difficult time winning a championship as the teams star. Or do you think undersized PG's, with poor shooting range, with relatively average ballhandling and speed these days is winning rings? Isiah Thomas is one of my favorite players of all time, but he's from a different era.

Rose continues to represent everything wrong with the NBA, a thug with a selfish game. We can argue about Rose being shoot first all day, but we're missing a huge key. For being such a great scorer, he's sure doing a pretty ****** job scoring the basketball.

I love when you hate on a player or team, because when you do, they usually prove you wrong all the time. so keep on hating.

koreancabbage
12-14-2010, 02:14 AM
with no interior presence, hell no, not with the big boys like Magic and Celtics or even the Heat in a 7 game series.

RZZZA
12-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Did Nash just call Rose a thug?! LOLOLOLROFLMAO

If he's a thug, he's the most humble, quiet, understated "thug" I've ever seen

Hey Nash...

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq317/The_Master_album/Boxxy_Trollin.png

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2010, 02:21 AM
with no interior presence, hell no, not with the big boys like Magic and Celtics or even the Heat in a 7 game series.

Interior presence? I didn't know Noah, Boozer, and Gibson were considered a lack of inside presence. :confused: Have I been watching impostors this whole season or something? :mad:

DamnGoat
12-14-2010, 02:23 AM
That's the first time I've ever seen anyone refer to Rose as a thug. You can bash his game all you want, that's fine but calling him a thug is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted in these forums...and that's saying a lot.

RZZZA
12-14-2010, 02:23 AM
I've never wanted to put someone on my ignore list but Nash just might be the first.

Nash if you really are trolling, like I suspect you are, I applaud you. Not as subtle as I prefer but still some excellent trolling

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2010, 02:24 AM
That's the first time I've ever seen anyone refer to Rose as a thug. You can bash his game all you want, that's fine. But he's not a thug, not even close.

To be fair, I think Nash got Derrick Rose confused with....... well actually I don't know how you can get Derrick Rose confused with anyone.

RZZZA
12-14-2010, 02:37 AM
I don't think we have any thugs on our team. If we did, at least they wouldn't be scared to dunk the ball with authority, for God's sake.

Maybe Kyle Korver is a thug...I heard he keeps a glock under the seat of his Bentley

bahaha

ravistarr
12-14-2010, 02:40 AM
SteveNash = first ever person added to my ignore list. Congratulations bro! Your blind adherence to hate/prejudice in the face of logical information has helped you reached this feat!

LA_Raiders
12-14-2010, 02:41 AM
Hell yeah, I hope I can see a Lakers vs. Bulls rematch

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-14-2010, 02:46 AM
SteveNash Has Now Been Added To Your Ignore List

:win:

Sir Buckets
12-14-2010, 03:00 AM
Rose continues to represent everything wrong with the NBA, a thug with a selfish game. I've never done this before, but got dayum man, welcome to my sig :laugh:

theSPECIALKID
12-14-2010, 05:32 AM
lmao at that quote

Hawkeye15
12-14-2010, 11:52 AM
So what's your excuse for this awful post? Poor reading comprehension? I said ball dominant PG not shoot first there's a huge difference. There have been plenty of scoring PG's to win rings and there will continue to be ones. I am talking about PG's that overhandle the ball. Whether it be a shoot first (AI) or pass first (Nash).

excuse me? I know what you said, and as usual, you are stating in absolutes that will end up burning you. You realize you are talking about a 21 year old PG, correct? With no SG, correct? Do you really think what you are seeing is all Rose will ever do? His usage rate for his career lines up with some former championship PG's. He has had a higher usage this season due to his role changing, because of no SG or PF to start the season. It will regress to the mean, as things usually do.
I know exactly what you are talking about. Ball dominators. What is your point? Do you really think over the next 5-6 years, the Bulls won't add a SG at some point, and some shooters? you are looking at a team in early development basically, with a 21 year old PG. He will do nothing but grow. His assist rate climbs by the year, and you are attacking something that Chicago needs him to do. Are they a contender this season? No, they are not. Will they be over time? Yes.
Moving on. Why do you think Rose has such a high usage rate? Um, because he has the ability to score, and distribute better than anyone on his team currently. Therefore, his coach wants the ball on his hands. This is a simple concept.
You would take Felton over Rose? Really? I can't imagine you would make much of a GM dude.
The two examples you used, AI (most inefficient "star" of all time), and Nash (I think I could give him 20), are pathetic examples.
However the one I used (Thomas) shows you that a high usage, low assist rate PG, can in fact win a championship. You are aware that you need roster support I would imagine, and it will only take a tweak or two here and there, and Rose has himself a contender. Your speculative comment that "Thomas wouldn't win one now" is of no consequence, because he DID win two of them. There is no changing that. he has proven he can lead a team to a ring already. Why would I care what you speculate regarding the subject?

What is with the "thug" comment? What has Rose ever done to make you think this? he is one of the quietest, most humble guys I have seen in a while. Your pure hatred for him (and I never call out "haters", but you are spewing it pretty bad here) is skewing your ability to evaluate, something common in many of your posts, hence your signature.

Grow up man. You come onto this site to simply start arguments. In all my time here, I have never seen you engage someone without ultimately offending them, and making yourself seem like an internet tough guy.

Peace

PurpleJesus28
12-14-2010, 11:56 AM
i used to try and see where SteveNash was coming from with some of his references, its pretty blatant he just hates on Rose for the sake of hating on him. Rose has areas of improvement, no doubt. but his "thug attitude" and work ethic are definitely not areas i feel he needs to spend much time.

i feel like we have a pretty decent shot at most teams in a 7 game series. to actually be able to knock off one proven top teams (boston, orlando) we're definitely gonna have to keep the consistency to a high level and upgrade SG

bovice163
12-14-2010, 12:05 PM
excuse me? I know what you said, and as usual, you are stating in absolutes that will end up burning you. You realize you are talking about a 21 year old PG, correct? With no SG, correct? Do you really think what you are seeing is all Rose will ever do? His usage rate for his career lines up with some former championship PG's. He has had a higher usage this season due to his role changing, because of no SG or PF to start the season. It will regress to the mean, as things usually do.
I know exactly what you are talking about. Ball dominators. What is your point? Do you really think over the next 5-6 years, the Bulls won't add a SG at some point, and some shooters? you are looking at a team in early development basically, with a 21 year old PG. He will do nothing but grow. His assist rate climbs by the year, and you are attacking something that Chicago needs him to do. Are they a contender this season? No, they are not. Will they be over time? Yes.
Moving on. Why do you think Rose has such a high usage rate? Um, because he has the ability to score, and distribute better than anyone on his team currently. Therefore, his coach wants the ball on his hands. This is a simple concept.
You would take Felton over Rose? Really? I can't imagine you would make much of a GM dude.
The two examples you used, AI (most inefficient "star" of all time), and Nash (I think I could give him 20), are pathetic examples.
However the one I used (Thomas) shows you that a high usage, low assist rate PG, can in fact win a championship. You are aware that you need roster support I would imagine, and it will only take a tweak or two here and there, and Rose has himself a contender. Your speculative comment that "Thomas wouldn't win one now" is of no consequence, because he DID win two of them. There is no changing that. he has proven he can lead a team to a ring already. Why would I care what you speculate regarding the subject?

What is with the "thug" comment? What has Rose ever done to make you think this? he is one of the quietest, most humble guys I have seen in a while. Your pure hatred for him (and I never call out "haters", but you are spewing it pretty bad here) is skewing your ability to evaluate, something common in many of your posts, hence your signature.

Grow up man. You come onto this site to simply start arguments. In all my time here, I have never seen you engage someone without ultimately offending them, and making yourself seem like an internet tough guy.

Peace

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

jkcronyn
12-14-2010, 12:36 PM
rose is the man, im a pistons fan so i should be hating but he's sick, its completely undeniable. as explosive as any nba PG has ever been

jkcronyn
12-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Interior presence? I didn't know Noah, Boozer, and Gibson were considered a lack of inside presence. :confused: Have I been watching impostors this whole season or something? :mad:

It's not bad at all I actually like your inside. But when you look at Boston. Shaq, baby, garnett. Orlando is questionable though. Gortat and howard? Don't get me wrong howard is a revolutionized shaq but they're nothing without a better backcourt.

daleja424
12-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Id say they could make a lot of noise this year... but I don't think they can actually win it all... so I guess IMO they are not really a true contender. There are only 5 teams I could actually see holding the trophy when it is all said and done: LA, Boston, Miami, San Antonio, and Dallas. I do think that, barring matchups, Chicago could get to the Conference Finals... but I don't see them being able to beat Boston/Miami and LA/Dallas/SA in 7 game series.

The year is young yet though... for all we know they could make a trade that will change my mind

Cubs Win
12-14-2010, 01:18 PM

Peace

:burn: