PDA

View Full Version : Rangers present Lee with menu of multiple offers

AI
12-09-2010, 11:01 PM
rangers present lee with menu of multiple offers

rangers ceo chuck greenberg, assistant gm thad levine and owner ray davis met with cliff lee, his wife and agent for approximately 90 minutes thursday in arkansas and laid out their plans for trying to persuade the left-hander to sign with the rangers.

Greenberg said the rangers have lee a menu of multiple offers and now must wait and see what lee wants to do. Greenberg declined to get into specifics of years or dollars.

"we felt very good about the discussion," greenberg said. "itís a very important decision theyíre going to be making as a family. We wanted to put our best foot forward. I think we did that to the best of our abilities. I believe we made an impression on them."

greenberg said the rangers decided to make a third visit to lee after outfielder carl crawford agreed to terms with the boston red sox late wednesday night.

And much to the chagrin of rangers fans, there was no timetable put on lee to make a decision.

"we didnít press them," greenberg said. "we gave them a considerable amount of new information to reflect upon. Take whatever time they feel in necessary to come up with an informed decision."

twitter updates

rangers dramatic change: Wed. Night, they wanted figure from lee to sign. By thursday a.m., they rushed to make their own offer. Less than a minute ago via web

greenberg on rangers' dramatic change in positions in less than 24 hours: "tactics change all the time." 7 minutes ago via web

greenberg: We made a menu of options and offers to cliff lee and his family, competitive in the market place 31 minutes ago via twitter for iphone

greenberg: We made a substantial commitment in years and dollars. 23 minutes ago via tweetdeck

greenberg: We continue to feel it's appropriate to not discuss any terms. 11 minutes ago via tweetdeck

MelanconMadness
12-09-2010, 11:03 PM
1. Why are all Cliff Lee to the Rangers threads started by Red Sox fans (that obsessed with the Yankees not getting them?)

2. Was it too difficult to put this in the other Cliff Lee threads?

12-09-2010, 11:06 PM
1. Why are all Cliff Lee to the Rangers threads started by Red Sox fans (that obsessed with the Yankees not getting them?)

I don't care who starts the threads but they don't need to be started at all. We need one Lee thread since too many separate discussions happening in different threads.

VRP723
12-09-2010, 11:08 PM
In reference to the OP's sig, if Dice-K is an ace then my team has 5 aces too.

F*(&"Next Year"
rangers ought to be favorites as of right now.

MelanconMadness
If he signs somewhere, it deserves a new thread. Not every single update

AI

Why do you have to be such a prick? Did I say something about you guys not getting him? No, I actually hope you do get him, so that the Boston vs NY rivalry can get more interesting. You need to chill out buddy.

AI
12-09-2010, 11:09 PM

He's not an ace that's just me fooling around man. I have to change that *****

J-WILL
12-09-2010, 11:10 PM
rangers ought to be favorites as of right now.

No their not. No one's the favorite. Cliff Lee said if the Rangers would offer a sixth year, he would re-sign. He didn't re-sign. I just read somewhere he loves NY's offer, but his wife hates NY. No one is a favorite right now.

MelanconMadness
12-09-2010, 11:10 PM

Depends on your definition of Ace. But I like his definition, it makes me think that Javy Vazquez was an Ace last season, along with AJ Burnett

MelanconMadness
12-09-2010, 11:11 PM
No their not. No one's the favorite. Cliff Lee said if the Rangers would offer a sixth year, he would re-sign. He didn't re-sign. I just read somewhere he loves NY's offer, but his wife hates NY. No one is a favorite right now.

Yeah I read that too, if you read everything else he has reported, you would realize its a good chance its a lie. Remember CCs wife hated NY

North Country
12-09-2010, 11:14 PM

:laugh:

I tried to tell him the same thing earlier but he told me that "ace" is just what he likes to call them.

redsox0717
12-09-2010, 11:15 PM
It's good to be Cliff Lee.

Menu option 1: Become filthy rich over a 5-year period.
Menu option 2: Become filthy rich over a 6-year period.
Menu option 3: Become filthy rich over a 7-year period.

That's a decision that I'd love to make. :laugh2:

MelanconMadness
12-09-2010, 11:17 PM
It's good to be Cliff Lee.

Menu option 1: Become filthy rich over a 5-year period.
Menu option 2: Become filthy rich over a 6-year period.
Menu option 3: Become filthy rich over a 7-year period.

That's a decision that I'd love to make. :laugh2:

Its such a tough choice. 160 million dollars, or 140 million dollars?

If I win 20 dollars on a scratch off, I lose my ****

otwisted
12-09-2010, 11:25 PM
:laugh:

I tried to tell him the same thing earlier but he told me that "ace" is just what he likes to call them.

The word "Ace" in Japanese means ball four. Dice-k could be a good pitcher if he listened to the coaches but he's a stubborn mule.

TheRuckus
12-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Heard this: Cliff Lee is leaning toward the half sandwich and cup of soup for $5.99. Currently weighing merits of Soup of the Day versus clam chowder.

MelanconMadness
12-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Heard this: Cliff Lee is leaning toward the half sandwich and cup of soup for $5.99. Currently weighing merits of Soup of the Day versus clam chowder.

Whats the soup of the day? Need to know, alot of people depend on it

VRP723
12-09-2010, 11:37 PM

@Buster_Olney

Lee is considering mystery soup #Chickennoodle #Splitpea

F*(&"Next Year"
12-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Breaking news, mystery soup is new england clam chowder! Deal includes seven crackers but low sodium content.

TheNatural
12-09-2010, 11:44 PM
I really would be interested to know what the menu of offers consisted of.

This is approaching the absolutely ridiculous. Surely these offers can't be so close that it would take this long to make up his mind. Braunecker is a ****ing genius. He knows the longer they drag it out, the more cash these idiots are going to throw at them. If I were Lee, at this point I would make the Brett Favre sagas look like childsplay.

MelanconMadness
12-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Is it served in a bread bowl?

I heard rumors from my tailor that it was. Im hoping he heard wrong.

heatking
12-10-2010, 12:13 AM

I heard it included a free 12 ounce drink but only if he bought it during happy hour... we better pray this doesnt happen.

DodgerB24
12-10-2010, 12:14 AM

Bread bowls FTW

F*(&"Next Year"
12-10-2010, 12:15 AM
He will decide upon soup before end of the weekend #soup

Jon Heyman

hugepatsfan
12-10-2010, 12:17 AM
End of the ****ing weekend. God Damnit!!! Hurry the **** up. Who does he think he is, Lebron?

heatking
12-10-2010, 12:17 AM
It seems like his family is leaning for the clam chowder, but the chilli comes with CRACKERS!!! #whatshouldido

Jon Heyman

F*(&"Next Year"
12-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Waitress is getting impatient, upping the order to include free cookie.

MelanconMadness
12-10-2010, 12:22 AM
God Damnit Lee pick a ****ing soup already. Im sick of this. Will it be chili? will it be chicken noodle? Turtle Soup? Just pick a damn soup so we can move on with our lives

VRP723
12-10-2010, 12:23 AM
This thread is very off-topic :laugh2:

F*(&"Next Year"
12-10-2010, 12:24 AM
we are talking about menus, aren't we?

12-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Lee takes his soup and leaves no tip! Tells waitress that he is waiting on a big pay day.

MelanconMadness
12-10-2010, 12:25 AM
@BusterOlney: Cliff Lee's wife was seen looking at the low calorie menu, but decided on the footlong Meatball sub, extra cheese, bacon, and not to go easy on the mayo. Im hearing no lettuce, but its yet to be confirmed. She decided on chips, and 2 cookies, but opted for a water cup. updated 4 minutes ago

Looks like Clifton better decide soon

VRP723
12-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Alright, as much as I was enjoying the fake tweets about Clifton's lunch, I'll get yelled at by the other mods if I don't ask you to get back on topic, so yeah, do that.

F*(&"Next Year"
12-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Jaxon Lee, Clifton Lee's son has opted for chicken noodle soup, no bread bowl a coke and a bag of frito chips (barbecue flavored).

In unrelated news, Jaxon Lee expected to sign 7 year deal with either the yankees, rangers or a mystery team sometime around the year 2021.

Edit: sorry will do

MelanconMadness
12-10-2010, 12:33 AM
I think we've heard the last update of the night. I dont think he pulls a crawford and signs this late at night. Im hoping tomorrow this will end one way or the other so whoever loses out on him, be it my Yankees, or the Rangers, can move on to the next phase

F*(&"Next Year"
12-10-2010, 12:40 AM
I think we've heard the last update of the night. I dont think he pulls a crawford and signs this late at night. Im hoping tomorrow this will end one way or the other so whoever loses out on him, be it my Yankees, or the Rangers, can move on to the next phase

I agree it won't happen tonight, but i think we are gonna wait another 2 or 3 days for it to go down. Just a hunch.

This thread is less fun now.

DodgerB24
12-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Just sign already. Enough is enough!

Fred
12-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Mystery soup = 7 cheese/philly steak soup....comes with a side of "you never should have traded me for trash amaro"....

TheRuckus
12-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Alright, as much as I was enjoying the fake tweets about Clifton's lunch, I'll get yelled at by the other mods if I don't ask you to get back on topic, so yeah, do that.

Killjoy.

You can't stop the revolution!