PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett tells George Karl he loves cancer patients

Hunter48MVP
12-09-2010, 07:08 PM
"I went up to him as a man, and what I said is that I had nothing personal toward him nor any other cancer patient that was out there struggling, dealing with life situations," Garnett said. "I wanted to say that to him, man-to-man." [...]

"I appreciate that he took the time to do it," [Karl] said. "Kevin has always been one of my favorite players."

Garnett said he wanted to talk to Karl before the game, but there was some confusion over a malfunctioning shot clock and he didn't get the chance.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Kevin-Garnett-tells-George-Karl-he-loves-cancer-?urn=nba-293575

LTBaByyy
12-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Great move, but doesn't take away that he said it

which he denied saying at first

northsider
12-09-2010, 07:19 PM
So now he is admitting to saying it or just trying to clear the air of what happened?

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 07:21 PM
so now he is admitting it?

Bulls_fan90
12-09-2010, 07:22 PM
KG is a punk. I wish him nothing but the worst.

Corey
12-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Where does it say he admitted anything? Feel free to quote the article.

albertc86
12-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Telling a cancer patient that you "love cancer patients" sounds weird to me. Nice gesture but a little awkward.

Mishmin
12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
yeah first reading this thread, I thought it was a joke. But there ya go kg.

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Where does it say he admitted anything? Feel free to quote the article.

If it wasn't an admission of guilt then why even bother going up to karl and saying that? I think he felt guilty about saying something.

Corey
12-09-2010, 07:29 PM
If it wasn't an admission of guilt then why even bother going up to karl and saying that? I think he felt guilty about saying something.

Because he respects Karl as a coach, and he doesn't want Karl to think poorly of him based on what someone else said?

GeekInThePink
12-09-2010, 07:34 PM
As bad as it sounds, he's the only player in the league I wish would just go away, dude is a cancer (no pun intended).

CB29
12-09-2010, 07:34 PM
if you feel so strongly about it then do something about it... talk is cheap kg and if you said that to cv then you are a punk who deserves to get his ***** kicked... this won't clear you of your actions if what you said to cv is true...

bigsams50
12-09-2010, 07:35 PM
As bad as it sounds, he's the only player in the league I wish would just go away, dude is a cancer (no pun intended).

How is KG a cancer?

bigsams50
12-09-2010, 07:37 PM
if you feel so strongly about it then do something about it... talk is cheap kg and if you said that to cv then you are a punk who deserves to get his ***** kicked... this won't clear you of your actions if what you said to cv is true...

What can he do? He already said he didnt say those things to Villanueva

Corey
12-09-2010, 07:39 PM

How does this post make any sense?

fadedmario
12-09-2010, 07:41 PM
so now he is admitting it?

He's a punk that makes Michael Vick look good.

GeekInThePink
12-09-2010, 07:43 PM
How is KG a cancer?

I meant as a person not as a player, anyone who makes fun of cancer is a jerk.

Corey
12-09-2010, 07:44 PM

Oh, you were there when the alleged incident occurred?

bigsams50
12-09-2010, 07:45 PM

Allegedly. It hasnt been confirmed or denied. Its just he say he say.

DLeeicious
12-09-2010, 07:46 PM

KG often "allegedly" does things that make him look bad and this is why "allegedly" most non-Boston fans dislike him.

GeekInThePink
12-09-2010, 07:46 PM

Why would Charlie V one of the nicest players this league has (especially in his time in Toronto) make up such a serious allegation? Was I there when It happened?, Were you there when it happened?

Corey
12-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Why would Charlie V one of the nicest players this league has (especially in his time in Toronto) make up such a serious allegation? Was I there when It happened?, Were you there when it happened?

You answered my question with another question.

Were you there? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no -- and that you're making judgments based of rumor.

Corey
12-09-2010, 07:48 PM
KG often "allegedly" does things that make him look bad and this is why "allegedly" most non-Boston fans dislike him.

Everyone loved him before he was on a winning team.

GeekInThePink
12-09-2010, 07:49 PM
You answered my question with another question.

Were you there? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no -- and that you're making judgments based of rumor.

I'm making a judgment based on Charlie V and Kevin Garnett's reputations, one being the nicest and one being a utter ***.

Corey
12-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm making a judgment based on Charlie V and Kevin Garnett's reputations, one being the nicest and one being a utter ***.

You've yet to answer the question I've asked twice now.

Were you there?

GeekInThePink
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM
You've yet to answer the question I've asked twice now.

Were you there?

I wasn't, were you?

DLeeicious
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM
That may be, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he is one of those guys that you hate when not on your team and love when he is on your team. I love Noah, it's because he's on my team, I realize he bugs people that aren't Bulls fans. It's just the way it is.

If Tim Duncan allegedly said the cancer patient line it would be different, but if you told me before I knew it was KG who allegedly did this that someone in the league said what he allegedly said I would snap call that it was KG who said it. It's believeable coming from him.

Corey
12-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I wasn't, were you?

Nope, and there's the beauty of the situation: You're the one judging an individual based of an allegation that you weren't present for.

Me being there is irrelevant, I'm not the one passing judgment. I'm not the one acting as if I know what happened that night.

northsider
12-09-2010, 07:55 PM
This article doesn't really help Garnett cause if he didn't say it then the article should have been clear saying he wasn't saying this to apologize about the comment but, he went up to Karl to clear the air about what really happened. This pretty much makes it come out as he admitted to what he said and wanted to let him know that no pun was intended towards people that actually have the disease itself and he used it as a metaphor.

GeekInThePink
12-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Nope, and there's the beauty of the situation: You're the one judging an individual based of an allegation that you weren't present for.

Me being there is irrelevant, I'm not the one passing judgment. I'm not the one acting as if I know what happened that night.

My judgment is based of Kevin Garnett's past, if anyone was going to make a stupid comment, it would be KG.

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Everyone loved him before he was on a winning team.

thats because ever since he went from losing to winning he has become a jerk. I mean I have disliked him since 2002 when I read an article about how he told a kid to F off at a restaurant when the kid asked for a authograph, but what made people in chicago even dislike him more and remember he is from here was when boston played chicago in the playoffs and garnett was on the side line when boston was losing and in the locker room when the celtics werent and he was talking all that smack to the bulls players and barking at them when he wasn't even playing, but of course he was quiet and in the locker room when the celtics were losing. I disliked him before that series, but when that series happen is when i really disliked him and many chicago area people and even some fans outside chicago, but since that chicago series he wont shut his mouth. only lebron i dislike more right now.

Corey
12-09-2010, 07:57 PM
This article doesn't really help Garnett cause if he didn't say it then the article should have been clear saying he wasn't saying this to apologize about the comment but, he went up to Karl to clear the air about what really happened. This pretty much makes it come out as he admitted to what he said and wanted to let him know that no pun was intended towards people that actually have the disease itself and he used it as a metaphor.

Uh, no. It doesn't.

Read the actual quote from the article. Garnett stated:

I went up to him as a man, and what I said is that I had nothing personal toward him nor any other cancer patient that was out there struggling, dealing with life situations," Garnett said. "I wanted to say that to him, man-to-man
No where in that quote does it say "Hey, my bad. I shouldn't have said what I did". Nothing along those lines. At all. There's no admission of anything.

Corey
12-09-2010, 07:58 PM
thats because ever since he went from losing to winning he has become a jerk.

Misconception.

Ask any of the veteran Minny fans if KG has changed.

fadedmario
12-09-2010, 07:58 PM
I can't believe people on here are using the "Were you there?" excuse. lol

Corey
12-09-2010, 08:01 PM
My judgment is based of Kevin Garnett's past, if anyone was going to make a stupid comment, it would be KG.

So you know him personally, now? You know what type of comments KG would make? Give me a break, that's a fact-less assumption.

I can't believe people on here are using the "Were you there?" excuse. lol

Yea, that's so funny.

northsider
Uh, no. It doesn't.

Read the actual quote from the article. Garnett stated:

No where in that quote does it say "Hey, my bad. I shouldn't have said what I did". Nothing along those lines. At all. There's no admission of anything.

I am not accusing him of it I am saying the article pretty much as a whole looks like he is apologizing for a comment made about cancer patients without using those exact words.

I didn't care as much as others what KG says I was just asking if he had admitted to it or not. I feel like the article from at least my stand point made it look like he was apologizing for the comment he was accused of saying. I am not trying to bash him I am just asking if he had already admitted to it before or something.

GeekInThePink
So you know him personally, now? You know what type of comments KG would make? Give me a break, that's a fact-less assumption.

I'm done debating this with you, you're being an annoying homer.

fadedmario
12-09-2010, 08:02 PM

Yea, that's so funny.

It is. I didn't know mods were supposed to be such homers

Corey
12-09-2010, 08:03 PM
I am not accusing him of it I am saying the article pretty much as a whole looks like he is apologizing for a comment made about cancer patients without using those exact words.

I didn't care as much as others what KG says I was just asking if he had admitted to it or not. I feel like the article from at least my stand point made it look like he was apologizing for the comment he was accused of saying. I am not trying to bash him I am just asking if he had already admitted to it before or something.

Nah, he never admitted anything previous to this article. He, along with Doc and the other C's players actually disputed Villanueva's claim, and said that KG was being truthful.

RZZZA
This quote just makes Kevin seem ********.

"I have nothing against any cancer patient."

Oh, goody. Next come out and state how you're totally cool with people who have AIDS, smallpox and Huntingston's disease

Corey
It is. I didn't know mods were supposed to be such homers

Being a mod means I can't be a fan of the team from the city that I live in?

Backing up a player makes me a homer?

Interesting.

DLeeicious
Misconception.

I don't get how the fact that people didn't care about his antics in minny has anything to do with the fact that people now do care that he is in Boston. Are you expecting people to go "Oh you're right I didn't mind him in Minnesota, okay fine I'll return to feeling that same way, it's only right to be consistent". I mean seriously of course he is going to be hated more on a winning team, who pays attention to a losing team?

fadedmario
12-09-2010, 08:05 PM

Interesting.

I remember many other posts of yours. You do take the title as biggest mod homer. Ask around, I'm not the only one who thinks this. :o

Cubs Win
12-09-2010, 08:05 PM

Yea, that's so funny.

It's pretty clear that based on the reputations of Garnett vs. Villanueva, that Villanueva is more believable in this situation. Even analysts who sit courtside say they heard KG drop F bombs and how he trash talks, adding that there is no way he would say, "You are cancerous to your team and this league." And especially in the heat of a game.

And I don't think people are saying KG necessarily recently became this mega-douche, but it is magnified since he is playing for a winning team like the Celtics.

northsider
12-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Nah, he never admitted anything previous to this article. He, along with Doc and the other C's players actually disputed Villanueva's claim, and said that KG was being truthful.

Okay see I don't keep up with the Celtics as much as the rest of the world seems to these days. You have to admit though it is really easy to take out of context what the article is really trying to say.

Cubs Win
12-09-2010, 08:07 PM
I remember many other posts of yours. You do take the title as biggest mod homer. Ask around, I'm not the only one who thinks this. :o

Eh, between him and daleja "I close any heat related thread that hurts my feelings" 24.

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Misconception.

your right, im sorry, a bigger jerk since he has been with the celtics.

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 08:34 PM

corey's cool, daleja is cool too, but daleja is the biggest mod homer on here.

unwantedplayer
12-09-2010, 08:37 PM
He's a punk that makes Michael Vick look good.

You got to be kidding me, right? So you're saying that a man who has gone to jail for killing innocent dogs is a better man than a person who ALLEGEDLY said something bad about cancer patients? Please tell me you're kidding because if you're not, there has to be something wrong with your thinking.

Teeboy1487
12-09-2010, 08:47 PM
It's obvious Prick Garnett said it. This don't make him look any better. He looks worse actually.

Geargo Wallace
12-09-2010, 08:50 PM
"I love cancer patients. I wish there were more of them!"

SteBO
12-09-2010, 08:54 PM
It's obvious Prick Garnett said it. This don't make him look any better. He looks worse actually.
^ KG in an *** who only picks on guys he knows he can intimidate especially foreign players. Not surprising at all

BeantownBill
12-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Or he felt bad about A) the way it was portrayed through the media and B) how George Karl may have taken what he read after the incident, and felt compelled to clear the air and make sure there were no hard feelings. KG didn't admit to anything, it was a nice gesture toward a man dealing with cancer. Nothing more. I don't expect many people to see it for what it is, what I don't get is the blind hatred for a man you've never met. I can't stand the Habs or Yankees, but I don't just hate the men wearing the jerseys. That's the definition of insanity.

RZZZA
12-09-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't hate KG, i just think he made a ******** statement. Big difference.

BeantownBill
12-09-2010, 09:03 PM
thats because ever since he went from losing to winning he has become a jerk. I mean I have disliked him since 2002 when I read an article about how he told a kid to F off at a restaurant when the kid asked for a authograph, but what made people in chicago even dislike him more and remember he is from here was when boston played chicago in the playoffs and garnett was on the side line when boston was losing and in the locker room when the celtics werent and he was talking all that smack to the bulls players and barking at them when he wasn't even playing, but of course he was quiet and in the locker room when the celtics were losing. I disliked him before that series, but when that series happen is when i really disliked him and many chicago area people and even some fans outside chicago, but since that chicago series he wont shut his mouth. only lebron i dislike more right now.

This is easily one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this site, and there have been some real winners. KG is the same player now that he was when he entered the league, if you knew anything about him you'd know that. You clearly don't. The only difference is that he's wearing down physically, and no one here is judging the man harshly for having lost a step. :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 09:07 PM
This is easily one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this site, and there have been some real winners. KG is the same player now that he was when he entered the league, if you knew anything about him you'd know that. You clearly don't. The only difference is that he's wearing down physically, and no one here is judging the man harshly for having lost a step. :facepalm:

kid, if you looked at my response to corey i even said he was right and no he is not the same person he once was. when you get older, your suppose to become more humble, like kobe who use to be a big idiot, but KG has not. he might not slap people on the head no more but he talks a lot more crap then he use to. so get your facts strait.

Ray_R
12-09-2010, 09:50 PM

Interesting.

Were you there?

Draco
12-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Garnett suffers from hoof-and-mouth disease.

unwantedplayer
12-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Were you there?

Uhhhh, I think the point Corey is trying to make is that people can't make assumptions based off rumors. Nobody was there and nobody will ever know except Garnett and Charlie. Corey never said that he was there but he was defending Garnett because people were making assumptions when they never knew what was actually said. It would help to read the whole conversation before making an incoherent interrogation like that.

News24/7
12-09-2010, 10:12 PM
ummmmm....KG loves people that have cancer?......

BlinkManJan02
12-09-2010, 10:40 PM

Say KG played for the Lakers and said that to CV, or better yet, say Kobe said it to him. Would Corey think it was said? **** yes.

Since it hasn't been confirmed though obviously no such thing was ever said, and CV is clearly making it up.

This for sure never happened either (he must have had a muscle spasm, KG definitely isn't a childish ***** and terrible sport, though):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erqg1ZLt_VA&feature=fvw

Although this did because he was with Minnesota:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTiEkfQ6pk

Jesus Christ Corey, you're acting like it has in fact been confirmed that he didn't say it. You're acting like his mom the way you defend him. After seeing several posts by you, in response to others, insisting that he never said it, I had to post this.

BlinkManJan02
12-09-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm still bitter over the '74 Finals.

fadedmario
12-09-2010, 11:04 PM
"I love cancer patients. I wish there were more of them!"

:laugh2:

Johann
12-09-2010, 11:06 PM
maybe hes just saying 'i would never do nothin to hurt ya'

tangent12
12-09-2010, 11:14 PM
He is still scum though.

Ray_R
12-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Uhhhh, I think the point Corey is trying to make is that people can't make assumptions based off rumors. Nobody was there and nobody will ever know except Garnett and Charlie. Corey never said that he was there but he was defending Garnett because people were making assumptions when they never knew what was actually said. It would help to read the whole conversation before making an incoherent interrogation like that.

Sarcasm doesnt travel good through a keyboard. :sigh:

Byronicle
12-09-2010, 11:19 PM
and yet he has to tell the media to gain some credibility, that seems really selfless (sarcasm)