PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James bashes Trent Dilfer

asandhu23
12-09-2010, 03:58 PM
LeBron James is a sensitive soul, so sensitive, in fact, that his thin skin extends to other star athletes who are getting criticized. The two-time NBA MVP was watching "SportsCenter" the other night when he saw NFL analyst Trent Dilfer(notes) breaking down Peyton Manning's(notes) recent disappointing performances. As Manning has thrown eight interceptions in three straight losses, Dilfer obviously wasn't too complimentary with his remarks.

So fired up was LeBron about this, that his thoughts stretched out over two Tweets.

1. A man who has self-anointed himself as a king is bashing others for saying things they can't do? Thank goodness Charlemagne has been dead for 1,200 years, because if that dude was alive today and had a Twitter account, he'd probably have a few choice words for "King James." And isn't this the same LeBron who said the Heat were going to win seven titles? Get back to us in 2017 and see how that's working out for you, champ.

2. Of all the people on ESPN's football coverage to bash, LeBron picked Trent Dilfer? I'm not going to say I'm a huge Dilfer fan, but he's easily one of the least offensive people involved with the network's NFL coverage. Chris Berman, Cris Carter, Tedy Bruschi(notes), Matt Millen, Tom Jackson and Cris Carter (yeah, again) work there. Singling out Dilfer is like saying the Heat's early struggles have been because of Mario Chalmers.

3. Dilfer's comments on Manning weren't that off-base. Lord knows LeBron can't take criticism very well, but that doesn't mean it's not well-deserved sometimes. Peyton is playing bad football at the moment. Much of that has to do with injuries and a bad defense, but if Peyton gets the credit when the Colts win, he deserves the blame when the team loses. (And unlike LeBron, I'm sure Peyton is self-aware enough to realize when he's playing poorly.)

4. LeBron is right about one thing: Dilfer couldn't dream of doing what Peyton has done of late. In the last three games, Manning has thrown eight interceptions in three consecutive losses. Dilfer never had such a bad stretch during his 13-year career.

5. Trent Dilfer: one ring. Peyton Manning: one ring. LeBron James: zero rings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/LeBron-James-bashes-Trent-Dilfer-on-Twitter?urn=nfl-293762

:pity:

haggis
12-09-2010, 04:03 PM
both are d-bags?

NJ Raven
12-09-2010, 04:04 PM
He's mad Trent's got a ring and he doesn't.

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 04:06 PM
I can't stand dilfer at all. he has no right to criticize anyone with how he sucked through out his career, but i dont like lebron so he should just shut up as well.

td0tsfinest
12-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Lebron backed up Peyton? I give him a :up:

jeter 2
12-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Wow... Lebron would not last 2 minutes as a Knick. There is no way he would be able to put up with the media and the fans. Although, if he went to New York, we would know a lot more about his personal life and maybe even more about Delonte West's personal experiences.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2010, 04:09 PM
True that! Besides why LeBron call him self King we he hasn't proved nothing yet for a ring?

Max Power
12-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Comeon LeBron.

If there one thing Trent Dilfer is an expert on, it's ****** quarterback play.

Geargo Wallace
12-09-2010, 04:13 PM
comeon lebron.

If there one thing trent dilfer is an expert on, it's ****** quarterback play.

this.

Huntey
12-09-2010, 04:14 PM
get over it?

LTBaByyy
12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Lebron needs to shut up, thats their job to criticize or show light on players!

Do you have to be better than peyton manning to work the NFL dept on espn to criticize him?

Thats crazy, atleast Dilfer got a ring

DaBUU
12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
who is the bigger asshat in this argument?

DaBUU
12-09-2010, 04:18 PM
both are d-bags?

ding ding ding ding

lvlheaded
12-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Dilfer gets paid to ANALYZE for ESPN. Anyone with half a brain knows Peyton has had a bad couple weeks. LeBron needs to get over it. Its not like he was talking about the Heat

OneTuzSea
12-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm glad someone did.

Sadds The Gr8
12-09-2010, 04:25 PM
both are d-bags?

Comeon LeBron.

these.

ManRam
12-09-2010, 04:28 PM
I don't think he should be questioning Trent Dilfer, but he is right about Peyton. Peyton is just going through a rough patch. No need for people to start dogging him (and I hate Peyton more than any athlete not named Alex Rodriguez).

I wouldn't say he said anything bad. Should he say anything at all? No. Do we all say stuff worse than this about players here on PSD? Yup.

Should just keep his mouth shut, but again, if anyone else tweets this, it isn't a story. There have been 100s of worse tweets.

He's just sick of the media dogging people... understandably so, but that's their job and he needs to let it go.

bal_ravens
12-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Dilfer gets paid to ANALYZE for ESPN. Anyone with half a brain knows Peyton has had a bad couple weeks. LeBron needs to get over it. Its not like he was talking about the Heat

Seriously, it's what he gets paid to do. I honestly think he is one of the more intelligent people on ESPN(which isnt saying much). He is on the radio here in Baltimore once a week and goes over the games in the NFL for that week, and you can tell he REALLY dumbs it down on ESPN. Despite not being an amazing/great/good qb, he knows what he is talking about.

It's a shame he has to dumb it down for ESPN.

jp611
12-09-2010, 04:35 PM
dilfer looks like a corndog anyway no one cares about that dumb *** corndog

Johann
12-09-2010, 04:36 PM
'a cold son of a *****'

godolphins
12-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Breaking news: Lebron just brushed his hair

Someone go start about thread :facepalm:

godolphins
12-09-2010, 04:37 PM
105 people viewing this thread, really :facepalm:

avrpatsfan
12-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Lebron you can't say **** about him because he has a ring and you don't.

DaBUU
12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Breaking news: Lebron just brushed his hair

Someone go start about thread :facepalm:

I can't, about to go start a 'Lebron Took A Dump' thread. Should be epic...

DaBUU
12-09-2010, 04:43 PM

yeah cuz that corndog was the reason they won that SuperBowl. It had to of been him since their defense sucked so bad that year.

godolphins
12-09-2010, 04:43 PM
And you can't say **** about Lebron because his rich

Now does that make sense? No, because everyone has a right to their own opinion.

bigsams50
12-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Any other player tweets this, and it wouldn't be a thread. But because Bron said it, its a thread. SMH We should just sticky a LeBron bash thread so people dont have to make one every day to dog on him

LTBaByyy
12-09-2010, 04:45 PM
105 people viewing this thread, really :facepalm:

Wouldn't that be including you?:eyebrow:

godolphins
12-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I can't, about to go start a 'Lebron Took A Dump' thread. Should be epic...
I bet people will try to critic that too :laugh:

They'll be like: Are you taking a dump on Cleveland Lebron?

MacFitz92
12-09-2010, 04:47 PM
For anyone who is on LeBron's side, and think Dilfer is wrong to criticize Manning:

He's a damn analyst, he's suppose to give an opinion, he use to play the position, he knows what he is talking about.

More-Than-Most
12-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Smart move by Lebron... He gets himself media attention and picks up for a guy that is loved by everyone. The only issue I have is that of all the topics and all the people that get bashed all the time why come to the defense of Manning? It seems like he is just picking on a guy like dilfer because its easy pickings... It is a smart move but a spineless one.

Also note all of those people talking about Dilfer... Its his job and he really isn't wrong right now and he isn't the only one saying these things about Manning.

godolphins
12-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Wouldn't that be including you?:eyebrow:
And you and your familly:eyebrow:

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 04:51 PM
heat fans bunch up in this thread to support the princess in 3....2....1....

godolphins
12-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Why is this in the NBA forum?

godolphins
12-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Breaking news: Lebron just sat on his couch

bigsams50

To bash Bron. Its sad when bashing LeBron is probably the highlight of some of these posters day

More-Than-Most
Any other player tweets this, and it wouldn't be a thread. But because Bron said it, its a thread. SMH We should just sticky a LeBron bash thread so people dont have to make one every day to dog on him

Disagree... If Kobe or Wade or someone else on their level did this and it intertwined sports it would be a thread and has been in the past. How many times was shaq threads thrown up when he did something similar to this.

The Ooh Child
Comeon LeBron.

You guys can stop posting now. This guy already won

Hunter48MVP
Shut Up LeBron!

bigsams50
12-09-2010, 04:54 PM

Princess? Good one :rolleyes:

LTBaByyy
12-09-2010, 04:54 PM

Already happened, go look at all of "GoDolphins" post

bullsfansrgay
12-09-2010, 04:55 PM

Bulls fans already bashed the princess because he wanted nothing to do with Chicago 3.....2......1...... seconds ago

godolphins
12-09-2010, 04:56 PM
To bash Bron. Its sad when bashing LeBron is probably the highlight of some of these posters day
Totally agree

Carey
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Nobody is above critism, Manning is a great QB who has made some bad throws the last few weeks for a number of reasons. His struggle has been a bit over blown, he had a handful of bad throws in the Dallas game but besides that he was his normal self.

ManRam
I'm glad people are beginning to find how we bash everything he does a bit ridiculous.

He didn't say anything bad. Should he be speaking out? No. But how is it different than any of us saying anything on the internet? Should he be held to a higher standard? Sure. But who cares. He's entitled to his opinions. He's allowed to criticize people. He's allowed to defend athletes.

D Roses Bulls
Bulls fans already bashed the princess because he wanted nothing to do with Chicago 3.....2......1...... seconds ago

heat fans creating fake accounts to bash the bulls? never seen this one before. oh wait.........

bigsams50
12-09-2010, 04:58 PM
heat fans creating fake accounts to bash the bulls? never seen this one before. oh wait.........

Well i doubt all of them were heat fans, but the Rose hate last year was ridiculous

godolphins
12-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I bet 100% of people who bash Lebron on this site won't say that **** to his face but will be perfectly fine hiding behing that computer.

The Ooh Child
12-09-2010, 04:59 PM

Good point, this should be discussed in the NFL forum :up:

fire2last
12-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Trent Dilfer: one ring. Peyton Manning: one ring. LeBron James: zero rings.

U mad LeBron?

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Well i doubt all of them were heat fans, but the Rose hate last year was ridiculous

I just bet you you anything its probably jackdawson who created that account, he has already been caught a couple times creating fake accounts just to bash bulls fans

DaBUU
12-09-2010, 05:02 PM

this first post of yours is filled with fail

godolphins
12-09-2010, 05:03 PM
U mad LeBron?
He's rich

bullsfansrgay
12-09-2010, 05:03 PM

Well just because none of the top 5-7 free agents didnt want to play for the bulls doesnt mean that you have to keep being negative to all of them

More-Than-Most
12-09-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm glad people are beginning to find how we bash everything he does a bit ridiculous.

He didn't say anything bad. Should he be speaking out? No. But how is it different than any of us saying anything on the internet? Should he be held to a higher standard? Sure. But who cares. He's entitled to his opinions. He's allowed to criticize people. He's allowed to defend athletes.

As is everyone on this site... Its a sports site and when you are a sports icon you will always be in the spot light. Just because he is allowed to defend athletes does not mean this is not news or thread worthy. I do agree the threads get a bit ridiculous and annoying as does the fans whom continually bash him... Same could be said about every thread thrown up about the guy and all the people that jump out right away and call it a bashing thread regardless if its news worthy or not.

bigsams50
I just bet you you anything its probably jackdawson who created that account, he has already been caught a couple times creating fake accounts just ot bash bulls fans

Thats just pathetic when you create a new account just to bash someone

Shareeb_omac2
So, Trent Dilfer can't criticize Peyton Manning because he isn't as good as him?

Well then if were playing by those rules...

No one on here is aloud to criticize any sports athlete ever.

Jonathan2323
12-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Who cares?

godolphins
Why weren't people creating threads about Lebron everyday when he was with Cleveland? Why now when his with the Heat?

Are you guys just jealous?

D Roses Bulls
Well just because none of the top 5-7 free agents didnt want to play for the bulls doesnt mean that you have to keep being negative to all of them

jackdawson is it? ive made it known since ive joined this site i disliked lebron. and because you dont have a life doesnt mean you need to create fake accounts to try and bash a team.

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Why weren't people creating threads about Lebron everyday when he was with Cleveland? Why now when his with the Heat?

Are you guys just jealous?

there was threads, a lot of them last year. i like lebron more playing for the heat then i do the cavs.i ****ing disliked him more then anyone when he played for the cavs.

godolphins
12-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Who cares?
They just need a reason to bash Lebron

godolphins
12-09-2010, 05:09 PM
there was threads, a lot of them last year. i like lebron better playing for the heat then i do the cavs.i ****ing disliked him more then anyone when he played for the cavs.
There wasn't this many threads everytime Lebron did or said something.

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 05:11 PM
There wasn't this many threads everytime Lebron did or said something.

well because lebron has become the new brett favre. the media writes an article every time that dude takes a dump so theres more material then there was last year, but dont get it twisted, there were a lot last year as well.

bullsfansrgay
12-09-2010, 05:12 PM
jackdawson is it? ive made it known since ive joined this site i disliked lebron. and because you dont have a life doesnt mean you need to create fake accounts to try and bash a team.

If this was Derrick Rose you would be going nuts defending him..... works both ways Eric Matthews

More-Than-Most
12-09-2010, 05:12 PM
They just need a reason to bash Lebron

This is just as annoying as the people that Bash him... As soon as a James thread goes up you have the people that bash him and the people that bash the people that bash him and complain about the bashing... Instead how about we just talk about the subject of the thread?

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 05:13 PM
And you can't say **** about Lebron because his rich

Now does that make sense? No, because everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I am far richer than he, so I could say as I please then?

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 05:15 PM
If this was Derrick Rose you would be going nuts defending him..... works both ways Eric Matthews

thats where you got it wrong jackdawson. i defend athletes play, not their personality or who they are. im not going to defend how somebody acts when he's not blood related.

Klivlend
12-09-2010, 05:17 PM

Far richer, huh? LBJ was a millionaire at 18. What do you do?

bullsfansrgay
12-09-2010, 05:17 PM
thats where you got it wrong jackdawson. i defend athletes play, not their personality or who they are. im not going to defend how somebody acts when he's not blood related.

Thats where you are wrong.... twice. 1st I am not the guy from the Titanic. 2nd you defend Noahs dumb *** comments and **** talking all day!

hgtiger32
12-09-2010, 05:18 PM
i can't stand trent dilfer. he sounds like hes a know it all, when he didn't do crap as a QB

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Far richer, huh? LBJ was a millionaire at 18. What do you do?

I don't do anything it is what my father does...
I was millionaire while swimming around my dads balls
He makes 15.7 Million a year.... abaahahha I could spend that and it would be as nothing ever happened

More-Than-Most
12-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Thats where you are wrong.... twice. 1st I am not the guy from the Titanic. 2nd you defend Noahs dumb *** comments and **** talking all day!

:laugh::laugh:

hugepatsfan
12-09-2010, 05:22 PM
I can't stand dilfer at all. he has no right to criticize anyone with how he sucked through out his career, but i dont like lebron so he should just shut up as well.

By your logic you have no right to criticize Dilfer or say he was a sucky QB. Because he is better than you.

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 05:22 PM

when noah starts tweeting stupid opinions, i will not stick up for him, but when noah is asked whats his thoughts on someone or something, you cant blame him.

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 05:23 PM
By your logic you have no right to criticize Dilfer or say he was a sucky QB. Because he is better than you.

this is psd, who uses logic? if that was the case, we couldnt criticize anyone that plays professional sports because they are a lot better then any of us.

hugepatsfan
12-09-2010, 05:25 PM
this is psd, who uses logic? if that was the case, we couldnt criticize anyone that plays professional sports because they are a lot better then any of us.

Exactly. That's why Dilfer has every right to criticize Manning for playing like *** recently.

godolphins
12-09-2010, 05:29 PM
This is just as annoying as the people that Bash him... As soon as a James thread goes up you have the people that bash him and the people that bash the people that bash him and complain about the bashing... Instead how about we just talk about the subject of the thread?
The subject is not even related to the NBA and why is it even a thread? Can't the man have his own opinion?

bullsfansrgay
12-09-2010, 05:29 PM
when noah starts tweeting stupid opinions, i will not stick up for him, but when noah is asked whats his thoughts on someone or something, you cant blame him.

Noah doesnt stop running his mouth. Who cares if it isnt on twitter or facebook or myspace or any other gay internet blog. What is the difference if he writes it down or speaks it?

D Roses Bulls
12-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Exactly. That's why Dilfer has every right to criticize Manning for playing like *** recently.

i still dont think dilfer has the right to say anything about manning. even on dilfers best day, he couldnt touch manning.

godolphins
12-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah sure you are :eyebrow:

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah sure you are :eyebrow:

abahaha I could care less what someone on this site thinks, besides my fellow chicagoians and fans, but do not tell me I am not my fathers company made close to 700 million the last fiscal year.... what do you do?

bigsams50
12-09-2010, 05:38 PM
He makes 15.7 Million a year.... abaahahha I could spend that and it would be as nothing ever happened

That makes sense a millionaires son talks on a sports forum :rolleyes:

Jaji
12-09-2010, 05:39 PM

:laugh2:

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 05:40 PM
That makes sense a millionaires son talks on a sports forum :rolleyes:

That is sort of biased, because I have money I can't like sports?

deebee3330
12-09-2010, 05:41 PM
4. LeBron is right about one thing: Dilfer couldn't dream of doing what Peyton has done of late. In the last three games, Manning has thrown eight interceptions in three consecutive losses. Dilfer never had such a bad stretch during his 13-year career.

5. Trent Dilfer: one ring. Peyton Manning: one ring. LeBron James: zero rings.

Are you seriously comparing Dilfer to Manning?

Garden Faithful
does anyone legitimately care about this?

bal_ravens
The subject is not even related to the NBA and why is it even a thread? Can't the man have his own opinion?

Lol, it's like when people asked Terrell Suggs about Tom Brady. Dude just doesn't bring up Brady everytime he gets the chance, they ask questions about him. But people make big deals out of everything. "Focus on the Steelers!" He did, and destroyed Big Ben.

You just gotta take the good with the bad.

bigsams50
That is sort of biased, because I have money I can't like sports?

I didn't say that, i just thought you'd have friends to talk about sports in person, cause you got all that money

Jaji
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
LeBron has a point. I hate garbage ex-players who get behind a desk and suddenly they know everything. If Trent Dilfer knows so much about QBing why was he so ineffective? Why not apply all that knowledge on the field? Sean Salisbury is the worst though. He's always so critical but he sucked with the Vikings. A career backup, maybe he knows a lot from sitting in the bench watching :shrug:.

hugepatsfan
12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
LeBron has a point. I hate garbage ex-players who get behind a desk and suddenly they know everything. If Trent Dilfer knows so much about QBing why was he so ineffective? Why not apply all that knowledge on the field? Sean Salisbury is the worst though. He's always so critical but he sucked with the Vikings. A career backup, maybe he knows a lot from sitting in the bench watching :shrug:.

BB sucked as a football player. Does that mean he can't coach or that he isn't knowledgable about the game of football? You don't need to be a good athlete to understand how it should be done.

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
I didn't say that, i just thought you'd have friends to talk about sports in person, cause you got all that money

haha what would that have anything to do with it? Do you not have friends you could talk sports with in person?
I like to read these forums i rarely post

and most of the kids my age are in school, and i basically sit on my *** and reep benefits, so I like to read forums, and occasionally put my thoughts,
and godolphins said Lebron has more money than you so you cant say anything about him, lol so i butted in

godolphins
12-09-2010, 06:06 PM
abahaha I could care less what someone on this site thinks, besides my fellow chicagoians and fans, but do not tell me I am not my fathers company made close to 700 million the last fiscal year.... what do you do?
What's the company name?

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:07 PM
What's the company name?

you ever hear of a little thing called ty inc?

chicago lulz
12-09-2010, 06:08 PM
i guess players can't criticize while getting criticized all the time. Not saying Dilfer criticized him, but he has no right to criticize his writing? Granted he may have done it in a wrong way by throwing in some trash talk, but meh, I don't expect anything less from "the King". Who cares. Are his comments really going to ruin your day?

godolphins
12-09-2010, 06:10 PM
godolphins said Lebron has more money than you so you cant say anything about him, lol so i butted in
I was just trying to make a point because that other guy said that Lebron shouldn't talk about Dilfer because he has a ring and I told him that he shouldn't talk about Lebron because his rich. I was just trying to point out that everyone has a right to their opinions.

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:12 PM
I was just trying to make a point because that other guy said that Lebron shouldn't talk about Dilfer because he has a ring and I told him that he shouldn't talk about Lebron because his rich. I was just trying to point out that everyone has a right to their opinions.

I was just trying to lighten things up lol people are arguing about a twitter post, its ridiculous

godolphins
12-09-2010, 06:13 PM
you ever hear of a little thing called ty inc?
Stuffed animals

giventofly
12-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Can I have some money?

...and I'm being dead serious.

barreleffact
12-09-2010, 06:16 PM
lebron's a douche and cant handle pressure nor his lifestyle very well. but as rich as he is, why cant he have an opinion. everyone on this thread combined probably wont make as much money as he does this year alone....i mean the majority of our lives put together wont make as muc hmoney. so what makes us above him to where we can have opinions and he cant? get over it. hes a douche and an immature punk but so wat?

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Can I have some money?

...and I'm being dead serious.

catch me at a sox game i am at everyone pretty much
and bulls
bears
i dont have cash to just handout, but ill hook you up with a jersey or something lmao

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:21 PM
and if you dont know where to look i sit close enough that i hear stacy kings obnoxious calls lol

The Ooh Child
12-09-2010, 06:27 PM

If you were my son and you spent $15 mil of my money, I would probably beat you to death.

And why in God's name are you not going to school

giventofly
12-09-2010, 06:28 PM
catch me at a sox game i am at everyone pretty much
and bulls
bears
i dont have cash to just handout, but ill hook you up with a jersey or something lmao

and if you dont know where to look i sit close enough that i hear stacy kings obnoxious calls lol

My buddy has season tickets. I'm gonna go to one of the games and find you. I'm gonna buy you a beer and you're gonna gimme some money. :up:

Just kidding. But seriously.

giventofly
12-09-2010, 06:29 PM
If you were my son and you spent $15 mil of my money, I would probably beat you to death.

PSD is the new GED.

Hell, I wouldn't go to school either if I could nonchalantly spend 15 million.

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:31 PM

I graduated High School

I am very unmotivated
My parents are rarely home
I was raised by a series of nannies and myself

And why would i go to college to get a degree that will make me .0012 of the money in my bank account

And my dad would kill me and probably cut me off

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:32 PM

My buddy has season tickets. I'm gonna go to one of the games and find you. I'm gonna buy you a beer and you're gonna gimme some money. :up:

Just kidding. But seriously.
haha ill still take that beer

thedfactor
12-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Trent Dilfer: 1 Ring
LeBron: 0 Rings

Jaji
12-09-2010, 06:36 PM
BB sucked as a football player. Does that mean he can't coach or that he isn't knowledgable about the game of football? You don't need to be a good athlete to understand how it should be done.

Dilfer doesn't coach though. He talks ish on TV. And Dilfer was supposed to be a good athlete. He had the tools. Otherwise he wouldn't have been drafted #6 overall.

jkcronyn
12-09-2010, 06:39 PM
glad someone stepped up, people on ESPN always run their mouths... their former players are hardly ever all stars but they critique great players... kind of ridiculous

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Dilfer doesn't coach though. He talks ish on TV. And Dilfer was supposed to be a good athlete. He had the tools. Otherwise he wouldn't have been drafted #6 overall.

His job is to judge players

Therefore, he judges players He gets payed to talk "ish" because he knows a lot about the game

Jaji
12-09-2010, 06:41 PM

Adam Morrison: 2 rings
Karl Malone: 0 rings

I don't get your point :shrug:.

giventofly
12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
I graduated High School

I am very unmotivated

And why would i go to college to get a degree that will make me .0012 of the money in my bank account

Kill you for going to college?

Your dad sounds like the most awesome human on the planet.

Jaji
12-09-2010, 06:43 PM
His job is to judge players

Therefore, he judges players He gets payed to talk "ish" because he knows a lot about the game

Okay well I contend that he doesn't know a lot seeing how he had the physical tools but still sucked. That tells me he lacked the mental aspect of the game. Couldn't read coverages, couldn't make good decisions, etc.

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Kill you for going to college?

Your dad sounds like the most awesome human on the planet.

nooooo for spending all that money

sep11ie
12-09-2010, 06:46 PM
They'd fire Trent if Lebron asked, no told, them to.

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Okay well I contend that he doesn't know a lot seeing how he had the physical tools but still sucked. That tells me he lacked the mental aspect of the game. Couldn't read coverages, couldn't make good decisions, etc.

Tim Kurkjian is 4 and a half feet tall
Can't play baseball to save his life
But he knows more about baseball then anyone else
Argument is illegitimate

Jaji
12-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Tim Kurkjian is 4 and a half feet tall
Can't play baseball to save his life
But he knows more about baseball then anyone else
Argument is illegitimate

Dude, are you even reading what I'm posting? Trent Dilfer is not 4 feet tall. He's 6'-4", 247 pounds. He had a rocket arm. Scouts loved his physical attributes. The Bucs drafted him with the 6th overall pick of the 1994 draft. He sucked because he didn't know what the heck he was doing on the field.

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Dude, are you even reading what I'm posting? Trent Dilfer is not 4 feet tall. He's 6'-4", 247 pounds. He had a rocket arm. Scouts loved his physical attributes. The Bucs drafted him with the 6th overall pick of the 1994 draft. He sucked because he didn't know what the heck he was doing on the field.

Who gives a ****

Jaji
12-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Who gives a ****

Nothing to say huh? Well you shouldn't have said anything in the first place ;).

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Nothing to say huh? Well you shouldn't have said anything in the first place ;).

lol im just messing around with you.... but you had me rolling with the Morrison thing props bro..... and i assume youre a bucs fan
I hope you guys make it as ii hope the bears pull through i would love that matchup in th the playoffs

Jaji
12-09-2010, 06:59 PM
lol im just messing around with you.... but you had me rolling with the Morrison thing props bro..... and i assume youre a bucs fan
I hope you guys make it as ii hope the bears pull through i would love that matchup in th the playoffs

Its all good fun. Never personal. Actually, I'm a Bills fan :(.

jmcelligott92
12-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Its all good fun. Never personal. Actually, I'm a Bills fan :(.

see you in LA;)

jim51990
12-09-2010, 07:09 PM
to this writer (not the poster) takes a shot at manning and lebron (two of the greatest athletes in the world) what have you done except right about what other people did. pathetic. Chris Chase NOTHING.

mikealike305
12-09-2010, 07:11 PM

And your point is? mario doesnt have a ring yet hes in the top 5 QBs all time, so i dont get what you are saying, your just one of those guys that like to hate lebron cuz everyone else is...

its like anything just to hate this guy...
you'd think ppl want to be happy? not mad and full of hate for something that has 0 to do with them

Jaji
12-09-2010, 07:12 PM
see you in LA;)

Why? Will a road game against the Chargers be on Buffalo's schedule in 2012?

JRisdabest
12-09-2010, 07:13 PM
hail LJ

haggis
12-09-2010, 07:30 PM
this thread blows...

all i got out of it is there is a rich kid who I'm going to have to find at bulls game for free **** and that lebron and trent dilfer are both douche bags.

did i miss anything else?

stawka
12-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Oh God. Hey guys, did you know LeBron had chilli last night and woke up this morning and needed to take a ****?! That LeBron guy, what an idiot - such a bad role model

elizur
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM

So do us a favor, Never come on here again and criticize the front office, or any player, or any coach because those are all things you do/would suck at if it were the highest level.

Just a ridiculous complaint to make. We hire Head coaches all the time, and think of them as geniuses. Most coaches were not that good either, when they played.

Hoopsadvocate
12-09-2010, 08:12 PM

:facepalm:

DLeeicious
12-09-2010, 08:15 PM
meh lebron oi

bringinwood
12-09-2010, 08:21 PM

You think Dilfer was the reason the Ravens got a ring ???

My uncle Bart ( 400 lbs about 3'7 ft tall ) could have been the QB for the Ravens that year and they still would have won...

Dilfer sucks horribly... He always has... He was just lucky to ride the coat tails of the Ravens D...

DeyAce
12-09-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm glad someone did.

This.

Jaji
12-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh God. Hey guys, did you know LeBron had chilli last night and woke up this morning and needed to take a ****?! That LeBron guy, what an idiot - such a bad role model

Wait. He took a dump right when he woke up? Hmmm. I didn't know that.

barreleffact
12-09-2010, 08:48 PM
I graduated High School

I am very unmotivated

but you are missing the point....can i hope a few hundred bux then mr rich guy?

elizur
12-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I bet 100% of people who bash Lebron on this site won't say that **** to his face but will be perfectly fine hiding behing that computer.

Why would anyone have a problem saying this to his face?

elizur
12-09-2010, 09:26 PM

Thats just not true. Ty has not made 700 million since like 1998, when people bought beenie babies still. I know that the company had grown and has become more diverse ,but they did not make 700 million. I think you just did a project on TY for school or something. Also, Your dad gives so much to charity. He would not condone you not doing anything and just spending cash.

GoatMilk
12-09-2010, 10:10 PM
athletes! have! too! many! exclamation! points! when! they! tweet!

godolphins
12-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Adam Morrison: 2 rings
Karl Malone: 0 rings

I don't get your point :shrug:.
:clap:

JRomo10
12-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Lebron James is the biggest idot ever why does he care what anyone has to say about another athlete

beasted86
12-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Refreshing.

I was wondering what the next LeBron/Heat topic would be about in the NBA forum with Miami on a 6 game win streak.

JayAllDay
12-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Such a sensitive boy that Lebron character...

John Walls Era
12-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Another thread to bash Lebron. But this time along with Dilfer.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Dilfer is the biggest douchebag amongst all the NFL people on ESPN. For once I agree with Lebron.

effen5
12-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Dilfer has the right to say what he said....hes played football for 10-15+ years....its not like he has no idea what hes talking about no matter how ****** Dilfer was as a player....

And as for Lebron bashing Dilfer....is he kidding....seriously?

show34
12-10-2010, 02:33 AM
I dont know wut this is about but i seen that on espn dilfer getting paid to do what he does. And lebron is getting over paid to do what he does. Now kudos to him if he is sticking up for peyton. But lets go deeper trent can say what he wants to say because he has a ring and lebron doesnt check and mate dilfer

hyb152
12-10-2010, 02:43 AM

And Trent Dilfer LEAD his team to that ring right? LeBron couldn't win with those garbage players in Cleveland. Trent Dilfer had the best defense in the league lead by that animal known as Ray Lewis. Saying Dilfer has a ring and Lebron has 0 rings when Dilfer didn't have garbage as his supporting cast and wasn't even the leader of his team like LeBron.....that's a terrible comparison.

hyb152
12-10-2010, 02:44 AM
A lot of people think Dilfer is a douchebag and he can be at times, but I will admit that he's a pretty intelligent dude. He's smarter than some of those other espn analysts.

xxcubs22xx
12-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Refreshing.

I was wondering what the next LeBron/Heat topic would be about in the NBA forum with Miami on a 6 game win streak.

yeah i find it ironic we are talking about this rather then the Heat's successes.

But hey, ya gotta admit, Lebron is an a$$hat.

effen5
12-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Its just ironic to me that Lebron doesn't want to be bashed by all of us yet he goes and bashes another person.....stay classy

Hiphopopotamus
12-10-2010, 12:27 PM
LBJ continues his march to idiocy. Worry less about defending PManning and bashing Dilfer and more about matching those two gentlemen with a ring.

daleja424
12-10-2010, 01:03 PM
this has nothing to do with NBA basketball...