PDA

View Full Version : Team USA Effect

Hawkeye15
12-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Some of the breakout stars have come from Team USA this summer. Even the established players look like they have gotten better. Westbrook and Love have exploded into star numbers. Rose was already on his way to stardom, but looks even better, and more of a leader. Curry looks like a legit PG who simply won't miss a shot. Gordon looks comfortable, and is embracing the go-to scorer role. Gay, Chandler, Odom, all look re-committed and energized. Durant is Durant, just a stud.

What do you think this summer did for the young player's confidence, and development? When you watch the player on your team that represented the USA this past summer, what changes/differences do you see?

arkanian215
12-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Maybe they normally slack during the summer (compared to their training camp regimen) so they all took that extra effort to keep in shape during the summer and that's translating early on. So instead of needing preseason and the first 30 games to show off their improvement, they came in more ready to play and made the leap a little earlier.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Maybe they normally slack during the summer (compared to their training camp regimen) so they all took that extra effort to keep in shape during the summer and that's translating early on. So instead of needing preseason and the first 30 games to show off their improvement, they came in more ready to play and made the leap a little earlier.

I would also think instead of playing with their friends, or old college teammates, or with a trainer, playing in practice against the top young talent in the NBA, and the world, improves you quite a bit.

arkanian215
12-09-2010, 03:30 PM
I would also think instead of playing with their friends, or old college teammates, or with a trainer, playing in practice against the top young talent in the NBA, and the world, improves you quite a bit.

Getting coached by Coach K and McMillan and D'Antoni's offensive mindset would be nice as well. I wish Brook had the chance to experience that. Hopefully in two years :pity:.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Getting coached by Coach K and McMillan and D'Antoni's offensive mindset would be nice as well. I wish Brook had the chance to experience that. Hopefully in two years :pity:.

well, Brook is going to have to rebound and defend better, and get some range on both sides of the ball to make it. And with it being an olympic year, I really think that Dwight will probably go, and I can't see Love being left off because of his international skillset

Hawkeye15
12-09-2010, 03:35 PM
watching Love, or Westbrook for example, so far this season, it just seems they came back so much more confident, and are applying that to their games. Love and Westbrook flat out dominate games many times. Rose does as well (though he was already doing this, but just seems on a different level now). Gordon is becoming a monster scorer. Curry looks great in Smart's new offense. The guys who came back just look flat out better, more determined, more focused, and know for a fact that many nights, they are the best player on the floor

td0tsfinest
12-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I didn't notice it before but a lot of the guys that are excelling above expectation have been the players from the USA team. Playing through the summer got these guys in mid-season form coming to the season. Being the team that won the championship, for the first time since 1994, definite confidence boost.

D1JM
12-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Even Tyson chandler looks better. Winning the fiba tournament did boost their confidence

ackar
12-09-2010, 04:06 PM
I believe it started with Coach K and his staff holding them accountable and not giving anyone the star treatment. You had to earn your spot on the team, then had to play well to keep it and earn minutes. I think a lot of those guys were one and done guys and this gave them another year of college training and experience. It gave them a leap year in experience.

s3antana5757
12-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Lamar Odom is playing alot better as well. He always had the talent, but he's much more consistent now.

dtmagnet
12-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Linas Kleiza sure isn't having the team Lithuania effect...

kArSoN RyDaH
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't think you need PSD's opinion on what helped them develop. It's pretty obvious.

Raph12
12-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Team USA always helps to improve young players' games, this isn't really news...

chicago lulz
12-09-2010, 06:38 PM
agree that it boosted their confidence, gave DRose a little swag I feel.

boeknows
12-10-2010, 01:17 AM
The thing im wondering about is what happened to Iggy? He had a pretty good FIBA tournament and now this year just hasnt been able to hit anything. His points are down and all of his percentages are down this year. Im sure he will come back around but he is one that i think suffered from the long offseason.

checkit
12-10-2010, 02:08 AM
definitely boosted their confidence, westbrook, odom, love, and gordon impressed me the most so far this season.