PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers said to be making calls for trades

JordansBulls
12-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Link (http://www.foxsportsohio.com/12/08/10/Cavaliers-said-to-be-making-calls-for-tr/landing.html?blockID=368982&feedID=3724)

For fans of struggling NBA teams, it really is the most wonderful time of the year.

Thatís because those type of teams have already started contemplating and talking about personnel moves needed to contend for the playoffs or build for the future. Or in some cases, both.

According to league sources, the Cavaliers are one such team -- as general manager Chris Grant is said to be placing calls in an effort to see whatís out there. Not exactly surprising, considering the Cavs have been in a tailspin with five consecutive losses and a tough road ahead.

cle12152433
12-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Good. Lets blow this team uo, and rebuild.

Is it sad that I am happy my team sucks and is being dismantled? Does this make me a sick fan?

cle12152433
12-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Did I read that right? Brandon Roy and Vince Carter?

Sly Guy
12-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I still see the same problems with the roster as last year. Who wants anyone on the cavs? [no offense to the fans]

cle12152433
12-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Varejao, Hickson, Mo, and Sessions are the only real chips. Parker would be a good 6th man to come of the bench if you are looking for an increase in 3 point productivity.

You wont find any all stars on this team, but will find productivity.

WolvesJagsOs
12-08-2010, 06:15 PM
^maybe Hickson?

SteBO
12-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Varejao, Hickson, Mo, and Sessions are the only real chips. Parker would be a good 6th man to come of the bench if you are looking for an increase in 3 point productivity.

You wont find any all stars on this team, but will find productivity.

Nobody wants Anderson Varejao's contract

Chronz
12-08-2010, 06:25 PM
LOL this is why that Cavs thread awhile back was such a joke. Least talented to win 65 games loses its best player and you guys think they will be ok.

Chronz
12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
A common misconception. His contract is heavily incentive base and even if it werent his value is only underrated by people who dont understand defense

effen5
12-08-2010, 06:31 PM
What the Cavs need are picks, lots of them. Trade the vets away, keep the ones you think can help you for the future, and pray for a high pick.

jtrinaldi
12-08-2010, 06:35 PM
as A bucks fan I wouldn't mind dealing for Gibson, maybe for ersan.....

Da Knicks
12-08-2010, 06:39 PM
A common misconception. His contract is heavily incentive base and even if it werent his value is only underrated by people who dont understand defense

Brilliant read my sig!

SteBO
12-08-2010, 06:40 PM

:rolleyes: A player of his caliber isn't worth 8.5 mil a year, regardless of incentives
I like him as a player and i wish he was here, bt for much less money.

Da Knicks
12-08-2010, 06:44 PM
:rolleyes: A player of his caliber isn't worth 8.5 mil a year, regardless of incentives

How much are centers worth this days guy, think about it. A guy who plays good d and is a team guy plus hustles on every play is my type of player. Wishing more gms think like you and give us Varejao for nothing.:D

cle12152433
12-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Actually this helps the Cavs chances of getting LeBron when he is a FA again, if they can put a REAL team on the court.

LeBron loves a story, and what better a story to return to your hometown team. Especially if they have the potential to win a 'ship the second time around, the only difference being that the Cavs are better then...

Anyone share at least 1% my optimism?

BkOriginalOne
12-08-2010, 06:48 PM
There calling Philly for Iggy.
Orlando for Vince.
Washington for Arenas
Detroit for Prince/Hamilton
Bucks for a smaller deal for Maggette.

Mplsman
12-08-2010, 06:52 PM
As they should be, they need a new identity.

KingPosey
Actually this helps the Cavs chances of getting LeBron when he is a FA again, if they can put a REAL team on the court.

LeBron loves a story, and what better a story to return to your hometown team. Especially if they have the potential to win a 'ship the second time around, the only difference being that the Cavs are better then...

they would never admit it, but Cleveland fans would forgive him in a split second hahaha

SteBO
How much are centers worth this days guy, think about it. A guy who plays good d and is a team guy plus hustles on every play is my type of player. Wishing more gms think like you and give us Varejao for nothing.:D

Don't get me wrong, I like Varejao. As you said, there aren't much players like him out there and he's the perfect role player to put around a team of stars. :D
I just don't think he's worth over 8 mil a year, bt i don't knw wht the incentives are, i wish i knew

xabial
12-08-2010, 06:53 PM

Not rlly... A lot of people admire his passion for the game. A lot of GM's actually inquired about him when LBJ left. He isnt a bum. Maybe a little overpaid, but far from a bum.

LavelC
12-08-2010, 06:56 PM

I dont think he's saying VArejao is a bad player. But there is no way in hell he is worth 8.5 million dollars

Trouble87
12-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Ramon Sessions would be a nice back up PG on the knicks... make it happen Donnie

Da Knicks
12-08-2010, 07:02 PM
I dont think he's saying VArejao is a bad player. But there is no way in hell he is worth 8.5 million dollars

So how much are centers worth?

SteBO
12-08-2010, 07:07 PM
So how much are centers worth?

Mark Cuban seems to think they're worth a lot of money. He was dumb enough to pay Brendan Haywood close to 10 mil per year for 6 years :laugh2:
I never said Varejao's a bad player, he's just overpaid imo

SteBO
12-08-2010, 07:08 PM
He's a natural power forward btw

Bruno
12-08-2010, 07:10 PM
LOL this is why that Cavs thread awhile back was such a joke. Least talented to win 65 games loses its best player and you guys think they will be ok.

They lost more than LeBron, they lost half of their front-court regulars. Taking away Big Z and Shaqs size was also a blow to their abilities to defend and rebound.

Last year the Cavs were ranked 7th in defensive rating, this year they are 25th. LeBrons loss is obvious, but the other guys leaving didn't help either.

D Roses Bulls
12-08-2010, 07:23 PM

not for almost 9 million dollars a year and for a guy thats only scores 8 points and grabs 8 rebounds a game.

hugepatsfan
12-08-2010, 07:26 PM

Varejao would be a great piece to a contending team. He and Luol Deng are similar to me in this - neither holds value as part of a deal for a superstar because their deals are bad for rebuilding clubs. But contending teams would line up for either.

And I just used Deng as an example - I know CHI isn't dealing him. Just drawing a comparison.

Il Mago 7
12-08-2010, 07:28 PM
i think the raptors need a vetean i think jamison would be a god pick up hickson is a monster on the boards also

D Roses Bulls
12-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Varejao would be a great piece to a contending team. He and Luol Deng are similar to me in this - neither holds value as part of a deal for a superstar because their deals are bad for rebuilding clubs. But contending teams would line up for either.

And I just used Deng as an example - I know CHI isn't dealing him. Just drawing a comparison.

deng can score, play defense, rebound. varejao can pretty much only play defense.

hugepatsfan
12-08-2010, 07:32 PM
deng can score, play defense, rebound. varejao can pretty much only play defense.

Not comparing them as players. I'm comparing them in terms of the way their contracts affect their value to contending teams as opposed to rebuilding teams.

D Roses Bulls
12-08-2010, 07:35 PM
They lost more than LeBron, they lost half of their front-court regulars. Taking away Big Z and Shaqs size was also a blow to their abilities to defend and rebound.

Last year the Cavs were ranked 7th in defensive rating, this year they are 25th. LeBrons loss is obvious, but the other guys leaving didn't help either.

x2.......... people that were jocking this team last year were now saying they were overrated. if you actually knew about basketball, you could tell they werent built to win in the playoffs and i told everyone this last year and besides hawkeye and a few magic fans on here, everyone was saying they were the favorite so i dont wanna hear it on about how they were overrated or anything.

ManRam
12-08-2010, 07:36 PM
There calling Philly for Iggy.
Orlando for Vince.
Washington for Arenas
Detroit for Prince/Hamilton
Bucks for a smaller deal for Maggette.

The only trade there that makes sense is Vince because he's an expiring.

There is no way they should go after Iggy, Arenas, Prince or Rip or even Corey.

What do they want to be? The Philly-lites, the Washington-lites, the Detroit-lites for the next 4-5 years.

Blow it up. Bring in some youth. Bring in some picks. Don't bring in those scrubs.

Someone was saying the other day how LeBron is so special because he isn't a player; he's an entire team. That never could look any more true than now. This squad is miserable.

LeQuit James
12-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Cmon cavs. Lets pick someone up

LeQuit James
12-08-2010, 07:38 PM
CMON CAVS> PICK SOME oNE uP

XBL GTAG: XLebQuitNessX

jeter 2
12-08-2010, 07:52 PM
If I'm the Lakers, I would offer Walton and Vujaic + 2 2nd rounders(maybe a first) for Varejao and Anthony Parker. The Cavs would save a lot of money over the long haul with this trade.

Blazers#1Fan
12-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Did I read that right? Brandon Roy and Vince Carter?

never gonna happen!

but i would take Andy,Mo,JJ

i would send andre miller,Pryzbilla #1 draft pick(N.O.) for Andy,Mo thats 14million EXP + a draft pick

Babbit, Rudy ,cunningham , Mills + Cash AND 2nd round draft pick for JJ hickson

C Pryz
PF Jaminson
SF Babbit
SG Rudy
PG Miller
6th Parker

Camby/Andy
LA/Hickson
Matthews&Batum
Roy/Batum&Matthews
Mo/Johnson

Blazers#1Fan
12-08-2010, 08:11 PM
The only trade there that makes sense is Vince because he's an expiring.

There is no way they should go after Iggy, Arenas, Prince or Rip or even Corey.

What do they want to be? The Philly-lites, the Washington-lites, the Detroit-lites for the next 4-5 years.

Blow it up. Bring in some youth. Bring in some picks. Don't bring in those scrubs.

Someone was saying the other day how LeBron is so special because he isn't a player; he's an entire team. That never could look any more true than now. This squad is miserable.

imagine if they got IGGY,Arenas,Prince and kept varejao Hickson

C Andy
PF Hickson
SF Prince
SG Iggy
PG Arenas

aussie
12-08-2010, 08:18 PM
i wonder if they called up the hornets

ManRam
12-08-2010, 08:21 PM
imagine if they got IGGY,Arenas,Prince and kept varejao Hickson

C Andy
PF Hickson
SF Prince
SG Iggy
PG Arenas

Umm...how on Earth would they manage that?

Nighthawk
12-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Hickson is the only player i really like on that squad. A.V would be a great role player on a contender. As a starting C hes meh.

What can these players really bring in? Who would want them? No good players should be traded for the Cavs junk? Which Cavs player has any trade value besides Hickson? Why trade your best player? Jamison? He isnt bringing anything back but another role player

cle12152433
12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Hickson is the only player i really like on that squad. A.V would be a great role player on a contender. As a starting C hes meh.

What can these players really bring in? Who would want them? No good players should be traded for the Cavs junk? Which Cavs player has any trade value besides Hickson? Why trade your best player? Jamison? He isnt bringing anything back but another role player

Mo Williams....hes no Chris Paul or Derrick Rose, but he is a serviceable starting point guard who can drive, hit the three, and he plays with passion.

fire2last
12-08-2010, 08:38 PM
We have a large trade exception...Grant had better be making calls to see who is available.

Non-story.

cle12152433
12-08-2010, 08:40 PM
We have a large trade exception...Grant had better be making calls to see who is available.

Non-story.

The story here (IMO) is that the cavs are throwing in the towel so early...everyone knew we had the trade exception...

millerandco
12-08-2010, 08:42 PM
do whatever u can to get rid of mo williams...that guy is awful

Hawkeye15
12-08-2010, 08:44 PM
if they are going to clean house, they should do it only for young talent and picks.

millerandco
Mo Williams....hes no Chris Paul or Derrick Rose, but he is a serviceable starting point guard who can drive, hit the three, and he plays with passion.

you have got to be joking..he is flat out awful..takes crazy shots, awful passer, takes too many threes and can't play D

what part of his game is in anyway good?

Blazers#1Fan

Mo,jaminson +heat 1st round pick and 2 2nd round picks for Iggy

moon,Parker + heat other 1st round pick for Arenas

Cavs 2nd round pick + Gibson & Sessions for prince

doubt any of them would do it thats why i put imagine :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
12-08-2010, 08:46 PM
their situation reminds me of the 2002-2005 Wolves. So called contenders who lost their star, and had nothing but a host of poor picks, and inflated vet contracts. It will be a painful process Cleveland, but it will get better. The worst part is, they got NOTHING for Lebron. It knocks them even further down the rebuilding process. I remember thinking that day, when LeBron announced his choice, that it will be 5 years minimum before the Cavs are relevant again. Trust me, as a fan who has gone thru something sort of similar, it sucks. But its going to get better
Hang in there Cleveland fans

Blazers#1Fan
12-08-2010, 08:46 PM
you have got to be joking..he is flat out awful..takes crazy shots, awful passer, takes too many threes and can't play D

what part of his game is in anyway good?

says the guy with the baron davis AV

MO is a good PG he can hit the 3 no denying that he can pass his d isnt very great though

millerandco
12-08-2010, 08:58 PM
says the guy with the baron davis AV

MO is a good PG he can hit the 3 no denying that he can pass his d isnt very great though

haha i never said b.davis was better...i like baron because of his style of play and his character...but i know he's not a good solid pg

i'd trade mo as soon as u can while he sitll has some trade value and keep sessions.

and no mo is not a good shot from 3..his season avg is 29.1

Mario Chalmers and Rondo are shooting better from 3...think about that

LA_Raiders
12-08-2010, 09:03 PM
We will take varejao for Caracter + Sasha Expiring

Phenomenonsense
12-08-2010, 09:04 PM

Give the pistons an unrestricted pick for, lets say 2012-2016 depending on the other trades needed to get it done, and we'll send over Prince's 10 million with him. That'll help haha.

drobe86
12-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Trade for what? Only Gibson, Mo Williams, and Hickson have NBA futures. The rest are bums

JB0B0
12-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Pray for Harrison Barnes. He's the best SF prospect since, welp, LeBron.

xbrackattackx
12-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I would want Gibson that kid is a nice scorer and I like Hickson...I would like to see that Cavs keep these 2 and trade everyone else for young players, Cheaper/Expiring contracts and Draft picks.

Teams like the Lakers,Orlando really any contender could use Andy,Moon,Parker or Jamison...Or even some younger teams that need vets.

fire2last
12-08-2010, 09:30 PM
The story here (IMO) is that the cavs are throwing in the towel so early...everyone knew we had the trade exception...

The quote had Grant making some calls to see who was available. It doesn't say anything about Grant offering guys or declaring some guys available.

fadedmario
12-08-2010, 09:33 PM
No thanks. Who is good on that lineup?

PhillyFan001
12-08-2010, 09:55 PM

Why would we want (sixers fan) want mo, and a jam, no thanks, i rather wait for a better offer or keep iggy if thats the best we can get

Gram
12-08-2010, 11:17 PM

Why would Philly want Mo Williams if they already have two very serviceable points guards in Lou Williams and Jrue Holliday?

jroc20boys
12-08-2010, 11:41 PM
will they trade parker for bogans and a 2nd

JasonJohnHorn
12-09-2010, 11:49 AM

Ahmen
He is probably the guy LBJ is missing most right now.

Lim
12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
We will take varejao for Caracter + Sasha Expiring

id take that if i was cleveland. get rid of varejaos ugly contract, get a young big with potential and pick up a semi big expiring. solid deal

LanceUpperCut
12-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I would'nt mind AV beside Bargnani but other than AV and Hickson I don't want nothing. Well I'd love their first round pick. I do feel bad for Cleveland just like my Raptors we lost our franchise guy for nothing a ****ing TPE that chances are neither will get to use all of it. If both are teams did trade our guys last year at the break it's hard to say were we would be now. Us losing Bosh was for the better can't say the same about losing LBJ.

FlashTastic One
12-09-2010, 01:41 PM
id take that if i was cleveland. get rid of varejaos ugly contract, get a young big with potential and pick up a semi big expiring. solid deal

That's ridiculous :) A frontcourt of Odom/Gasol/Varejo/Bynum. Lol.

Klivlend
12-09-2010, 01:57 PM
If I'm the Lakers, I would offer Walton and Vujaic + 2 2nd rounders(maybe a first) for Varejao and Anthony Parker. The Cavs would save a lot of money over the long haul with this trade.

This is offensive and disgusting.

bosscity
12-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Cavs need the #1 pick this year (Harrison Barnes) and a top 5 pick next year to rebuild. They need to take a page out of the Sonics/Thunder book

Yunqn
12-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Bulls trade jj, Watson and 1st or w.e for Gibson and parker..

Easily a steal.. given Gibson is.better at playing the role we need Watson to..parker is a starter with range and.defense.. and both players are better than the ones were giving.up.. the only thing left is for omer to improve like gortat and.ibaka

CostanzaNumba0
12-09-2010, 02:39 PM

give it up bro

Chronz
12-09-2010, 02:40 PM

Based on what?

Hawkeye15
12-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Cavs need the #1 pick this year (Harrison Barnes) and a top 5 pick next year to rebuild. They need to take a page out of the Sonics/Thunder book

I for one, would be pissed off if the Cavs got the #1 pick. They already got it, and failed to surround him with talent. Give it to my Wolves, who are actually a talented young team, and a team that has NEVER, in its entire history, moved up in the lottery.

Chronz
12-09-2010, 02:43 PM

1: Shaqs presence often hurt the team as they played better with him off the court.
2: The way Big Z played last year wasnt worth mentioning
3: Regardless of who was healthy, so long as Bron was around they won at an elite level; see their run without Z, Mo, Shaq, Delonte, etc
4: Theyve added significant pieces in Sessions and an improved JJ Hickson
6: They have Antawn Jasmine for a full year
7: The loss of their frontcourt depth only matters if there is an injury, thus far that hasnt been the case
8: A dropoff this steep still proves my point
9: Your a Laker fan

Chronz
12-09-2010, 02:43 PM
not for almost 9 million dollars a year and for a guy thats only scores 8 points and grabs 8 rebounds a game.
Based on?

Hawkeye15
12-09-2010, 02:46 PM
1: Shaqs presence often hurt the team as they played better with him off the court.
2: The way Big Z played last year wasnt worth mentioning
3: Regardless of who was healthy, so long as Bron was around they won at an elite level; see their run without Z, Mo, Shaq, Delonte, etc
4: Theyve added significant pieces in Sessions and an improved JJ Hickson
5: Your a Laker fan

regardless of the small changes/losses the Cavs have made over the summer, their talent level hasn't really changed. It shows how much LeBron really meant to that team. I said before the season, I would be surprised with 30 wins. As you said, their defense alone may give them a few more than that, but I just don't see it.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2010, 02:48 PM
its also funny to me how Laker fans, or many fans that hated Cleveland in general, will totally write off the notion that LeBron's roster wasn't even in the same sentence as Kobe's, The Big 3's, Dwights, or any other contender for that matter, all because they lost two big men who didn't even help them, and lost Delonte and signed Sessions.

Fact: LeBron carried a roster of women to 120 wins in two years, and deep into the playoffs many times.

SteBO
12-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Based on what?

Varejao's skills is better served on a team with stars. He isn't going to be as good on cle current roster because his scoring came off lebron.
LeBron's gone, so cleveland's stuck with a contract paying a guy about 9 million dollars who averages 8 and 8. They could have re-signed him for much less money. This is all I'm saying

TheShock45
12-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Seriously, i don't think the cavs should do this. They should just try there hardest to get a top 3 pick or trade there picks for a player like Gilbert Arenas or maybe a franchise player in the making.

I've seen the cavs play live twice & they really have all the pieces of a good team. Solid point guard play, great role players off the bench, solid shooters, decent core of big men (could probly use one more) All they need is a go to guy to finish the job. If LeBron just resigned this team would have been a contender (also because that one more big man I mentions would have been Z)

Chronz
12-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Varejao's skills is better served on a team with stars. He isn't going to be as good on cle current roster because his scoring came off lebron.
% of possessions used WITH Bron(05-09) & usage W/Out Bron (This year):
With Bron: 13.8%
W/Out: 13.5%

Offensive RTG
With Bron: 115
W/Out: 111

PER:
With Bron: 14.7
W/Out: 14.8

While its true he was at his best alongside Bron, no 1 player makes another. Certainly not one whos value lies in his defensive abilities.

Unless your foolish enough to dictate a players worth based on his teams record, there is no reason hes not worth his salary even if it werent incentive driven.

LeBron's gone, so cleveland's stuck with a contract paying a guy about 9 million dollars who averages 8 and 8. They could have re-signed him for much less money. This is all I'm saying

But what are you basing this on? And how much do you think they overpaid? Surely if your going around making such accusations youve got to have some way of measuring productive to cost ratios. Im especially curious how you go about quantifying AV's impact considering it comes primarily from the defensive end, an area thats typically hardest to measure. If you want to say its just your opinion so be it, all I know is that if Mr Moneyball aka Daryl Morey was supposedly interested, there must be something in his +/- that screams intangibles.

Your type of thinking is what leads to talk of Battier being overpaid when he signed his contract. There is more to the game, more to stats for that matter than simple per game averages. The sooner you get that the better off you will be.

SteBO
12-09-2010, 03:52 PM
% of possessions used WITH Bron(05-09) & usage W/Out Bron (This year):
With Bron: 13.8%
W/Out: 13.5%

Offensive RTG
With Bron: 115
W/Out: 111

PER:
With Bron: 14.7
W/Out: 14.8

While its true he was at his best alongside Bron, no 1 player makes another. Certainly not one whos value lies in his defensive abilities.

Unless your foolish enough to dictate a players worth based on his teams record, there is no reason hes not worth his salary even if it werent incentive driven.

But what are you basing this on? And how much do you think they overpaid? Surely if your going around making such accusations youve got to have some way of measuring productive to cost ratios. Im especially curious how you go about quantifying AV's impact considering it comes primarily from the defensive end, an area thats typically hardest to measure. If you want to say its just your opinion so be it, all I know is that if Mr Moneyball aka Daryl Morey was supposedly interested, there must be something in his +/- that screams intangibles.

Your type of thinking is what leads to talk of Battier being overpaid when he signed his contract. There is more to the game, more to stats for that matter than simple per game averages. The sooner you get that the better off you will be.

Ur making it sound like i think varajeos a bad player. I never said that. Varajeos a very solid impact player. Just my opinion, defensive guys like him shouldn't get paid that much. I personally think he's worth 5-6 mil a year. Cleveland cud have saved some money to add another piece while LeBron was there if they had the chance.

I was unaware of those in depth numbers, so i'll admit I was probably a little too harsh on AV's worth

how much Battier is getting paid? I can't really say anything about his contract status, bt I know he's an impact player as well. I watched his recent clutch performance vs. Lakers and like AV, he's one of the better perimeter defenders in the league today

Kiss Ma Grits
12-09-2010, 04:19 PM
As a Cavs fan, I don't want ANYTHING except draft picks OR role players who fit the system we run. I don't want iggy or any other contracts that'll turn us into a team who's ONLY good enough to make it to the playoffs. I rather keep what we have, let Parker, Moon, Powe and other players contracts expire and hope we land in the top 5 picks in the draft. Our biggest need? A point guard who is fast, plays defense, has some size, and can blow by anyone. I'm thinking a Brandon Knight or Kyrie Irving (my personal favorite) and the best wing player I can get in the second round topped of with the best big man I can get with our salary cap space.

Kenny
12-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Seriously, i don't think the cavs should do this. They should just try there hardest to get a top 3 pick or trade there picks for a player like Gilbert Arenas or maybe a franchise player in the making.

I've seen the cavs play live twice & they really have all the pieces of a good team. Solid point guard play, great role players off the bench, solid shooters, decent core of big men (could probly use one more) All they need is a go to guy to finish the job. If LeBron just resigned this team would have been a contender (also because that one more big man I mentions would have been Z)

LMAO yeah thery would be contenders because of Lebron. You put him on any team and there contenders. All this year is showing to me is Lebron's greatness to lead that team to 66 and 62 wins.

Lo Porto
12-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I'd love for the Jazz to get Varejao, but I just don't see it happening.

kblo247
12-09-2010, 07:17 PM
its also funny to me how Laker fans, or many fans that hated Cleveland in general, will totally write off the notion that LeBron's roster wasn't even in the same sentence as Kobe's, The Big 3's, Dwights, or any other contender for that matter, all because they lost two big men who didn't even help them, and lost Delonte and signed Sessions.

Fact: LeBron carried a roster of women to 120 wins in two years, and deep into the playoffs many times.

Yes or No

Did Lebron not play with 3 guys who were all stars the very season before last year?
Were Parker, Moon, and West not full time starters on other teams outside of Cleveland?
Had Z not been a starting caliber center for his whole career leading into last year?
Was Andy not in the running for 6th man of the year?

Kobe took the youngest team in history to the finals two years straight and won with them out west. His teams were not nearly as deep as the Cavs were the years they were compared. Historically even his squads bar his first two years in the league, 2000, and this season have always been top heavy but not deep.

Making excuses for a guy not getting it done with talent, homecourt advantage through out, and a history of multiple players actually playing statistically worse (Hughes, Jamison, Shaq, Davis, Miles, Marshall, Jones off the top of my head) with him is a ****ing cop out. LeBron had the guys he asked for and signed off on, he had the coach and system he thrived with, but he couldn't get **** done plain and simple.

Plus you can't really cite this squad the Cavs are putting out now in comparison to last year when:

They have no real starting center.
Brown isn't the coach
They have no capable PG to run Scott's system like Paul and Kidd did, and in all honesty all of Scott's teams are piss poor to start off with because he takes time to get players to accept his philosophies and then eventually wears out his welcome.
They signed no wing player or guard that can create the least little bit. There may have been no guy on the market, but in all honesty Iverson or McGrady were worth the gamble since they can still offer more than Sessions and Gharam.

prodigy
12-09-2010, 07:24 PM

Love it. Build a nice team here then resign lebron.

Day before season starts we trade him to the worse team in the NBA.:clap:

TheShock45
12-11-2010, 03:07 AM
LMAO yeah thery would be contenders because of Lebron. You put him on any team and there contenders. All this year is showing to me is Lebron's greatness to lead that team to 66 and 62 wins.

One man can't win 62 games. The closest in history to one many winning a game by himself was Allen Iverson and even he only dropped 40 out of the sixers 85 points a game.

They really are a perfect team minus a go to guy. They have good, energetic bigs. Solid bench players. Great point guard in Mo Williams,solid shooter is gibson. Get them a Gilbert, or Granger or a franchise player in the draft and they could easily make the playoffs next year.

Phenomenonsense
12-11-2010, 03:39 AM
Love it. Build a nice team here then resign lebron.

Day before season starts we trade him to the worse team in the NBA.:clap:

You're going to trade him from the Cavs to the Cavs? :D

hyb152
12-11-2010, 03:41 AM
And laker fans/lebron haters still make the argument that Kobe has rings and Lebron doesnt. Look at what Lebron left in Cleveland. A pile of trash. Kobe had Shaq, Fisher, Gasol, Artest, Odom, Horry, Fox, etc. Kobe had teammates. Lebron had nothing. And now Cleveland is so lost and desperate without him. Yeah, they're going to need more than a few trades.

Blazers#1Fan
12-11-2010, 03:43 AM
i'd take mo williams,Hickson on the blazers
i think if they get Granger and arenas they have a very nice team maybe even sign caron butler this off season send andy future pick to DC for Arenas and send Mo,Moon, 2 1st round draft picks(MIA) for granger

its a better version washington Wizards hahahaa
C Hickson
PF Jaminson
SF Granger
SG Butler
PG Arenas

Crackadalic
12-11-2010, 04:56 AM
If im the cavs id try to get Kyrie Irving. Harrison Barnes just doesnt have the star power and perry jones is outperforming him so far. The cavs should try to trade for picks and if possible some cheap young talent

ElMarroAfamado
12-11-2010, 08:25 AM
wouldnt mind seeing Mo Williams with the Clippers....id give away Kaman and baron haha

JordansBulls
12-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I'd take Parker on the Bulls.