PDA

View Full Version : David Stern, you are a joke.

ClipperfanKevin
12-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Andre Miller did this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2whnoDKvKw&feature=player_embedded

After Brian Cook did this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdU1jiK31Jo

Cook got a 2 game suspension, Miller got 1. Cook fouled Przybilla to prevent a lay up. Miller blindsided Blake because Miller tryed to steal rebounds and got boxed out by Griffin. Griffin didn't even have the ball! After getting suspended, Miller actually came out and said that he wished that he had hit him harder.

Anyone know how to embed youtube vids?

TheHoopsProphet
12-08-2010, 12:48 AM
bob griffin already has enemies, players envy the attenshin he gets for hard working. i would rather watch a circumcizion then watch andrew "iron deficiency" miller shoot some hoops on a basketball court. also

ManRam
12-08-2010, 12:52 AM
I don't know. There's no way Andre does any damage on that play...Cook could have seriously hurt someone...

Cook's was more of a basketball play I guess, but neither were clean at all.

I think I'm okay with it.

TheHoopsProphet
12-08-2010, 12:55 AM
I don't know. There's no way Andre does any damage on that play...Cook could have seriously hurt someone...

is that u David Stern?

TheHoopsProphet
12-08-2010, 12:56 AM
oh man I am so full, had a huge bowl of chili. anyway, how is everyone today? I personally feel like ***

HakeemTheDream
12-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Ofcourse he's a joke, what's new?

1. Remember how chewing straws pre-game got banned? wtf.

2. And Amare got fined for a tweet he didn't tweet obviously because he was in a game playing while the tweet happened, someone else used his account by Stern fined him anyway.

3. The way he lets refs control the game instead of letting the players play.

Honestly I can probably think of dozens of reasons why Stern is a joke. He's a midget with a fake smile who doesn't care about the game, he only cares about money.

whitemamba33
12-08-2010, 01:01 AM
That was David Stern?

What exactly does Stu Jackson get paid for then?

ManRam
12-08-2010, 01:04 AM
That was David Stern?

What exactly does Stu Jackson get paid for then?

Just like everyone blames Goodell for his fines...Ray Anderson is the one who levies them. I think when people can't even understand that, they're credibility lacks in the first place.

If you are so eager to blame, blame the right person at least.

killaT
12-08-2010, 01:16 AM
david stern is a ******

ClipperfanKevin
12-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Just like everyone blames Goodell for his fines...Ray Anderson is the one who levies them. I think when people can't even understand that, they're credibility lacks in the first place.

If you are so eager to blame, blame the right person at least.

After being awarded the suspension, Miller said "I wish I hit him harder." That's essentially taunting the league saying my suspension was worth it. If you don't think that David Stern has the authority to suspend him further, you my friend are sadly mistaken.

ClipperfanKevin
12-08-2010, 01:28 AM
And quite frankly, as commissioner of basketball, he should be overseeing things like this. Przybilla, a known dirty player (he almost horse collar tackled Griffin earlier in the game) gets a dose of his own medicine, and Cook gets 2 games for it, while Miller blindsides a player, then openly disrespects the league, and only gets 1? David Stern, the face of the NBA, should (if he wasn't the one screwing up the league) grow stones and fix it.

ClipperfanKevin
12-08-2010, 01:30 AM
Ofcourse he's a joke, what's new?

1. Remember how chewing straws pre-game got banned? wtf.

2. And Amare got fined for a tweet he didn't tweet obviously because he was in a game playing while the tweet happened, someone else used his account by Stern fined him anyway.

3. The way he lets refs control the game instead of letting the players play.

Honestly I can probably think of dozens of reasons why Stern is a joke. He's a midget with a fake smile who doesn't care about the game, he only cares about money.

I agree with 2 and 3, but 1 is legitimately dangerous. Kids are dumb, they don't realize the choking hazard, and they won't be careful. Because NBA players do it, it's cool for kids to do, and kids would choke, the NBA would get sued, etc.

ClipperfanKevin
12-08-2010, 01:31 AM
is that u David Stern?

:up:

whitemamba33
12-08-2010, 01:38 AM
I agree with 2 and 3, but 1 is legitimately dangerous. Kids are dumb, they don't realize the choking hazard, and they won't be careful. Because NBA players do it, it's cool for kids to do, and kids would choke, the NBA would get sued, etc.

lol the NBA could not get sued for allowing its players to chew straws.

IAmKira
12-08-2010, 01:39 AM
oh man I am so full, had a huge bowl of chili. anyway, how is everyone today? I personally feel like ***

they got chili's in germany? :speechless:

Geargo Wallace
12-08-2010, 01:45 AM
It didn't seem like Pryzbilla thought it was that bad when it happened. It looked like Smith and that other guy(couldn't see it very well) kinda walked up to Joel on the ground and kinda started that little skirmish. What Miller did was dumb nonetheless.

ClipperfanKevin
12-08-2010, 01:48 AM
lol the NBA could not get sued for allowing its players to chew straws.

Sir, I do believe you have too much faith in the American legal system. All it'll take is a couple of crying mothers "I told my kids not to chew straws but their favorite ball player did it so they didn't listen WAH WAH WAH" Bam, they capture the juries' hearts, "The NBA is rich anyways, what a terrible tragedy this is for the parents". Money is awarded. I do suspect that they had already gotten sued and just settled it out of court and banned it to sweep the incident under the rug.

whitemamba33
12-08-2010, 01:57 AM
No...just no.

Meatmypet
12-08-2010, 02:12 AM
David Stern doesn't hand out suspensions. Stu Jackson does. Get your facts straight.

If it wasn't for David Stern, the NBA wouldn't be what it is today.

Rego247
12-08-2010, 02:19 AM

if griffin woulda done that to miller i guarantee it woulda been a lot worse than 1 game suspension. it doesnt look that bad cuz its a little doing it to a big. millers play was pretty dirty.

Byronicle
12-08-2010, 02:23 AM
miller basically bodychecked griffin

cook pushed pryzbilla while he left his feet up in the air, he could've landed really bad

MGB
12-08-2010, 03:30 AM
idk... seems fair to me; Blake shoved Miller a couple times before that. :shrug:

Baller1
12-08-2010, 03:47 AM
I'm pretty sure Stern has nothing to do with suspensions (I could be wrong), but he's a ****ing ***** nonetheless.

Spurred1
12-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Sir, I do believe you have too much faith in the American legal system. All it'll take is a couple of crying mothers "I told my kids not to chew straws but their favorite ball player did it so they didn't listen WAH WAH WAH" Bam, they capture the juries' hearts, "The NBA is rich anyways, what a terrible tragedy this is for the parents". Money is awarded. I do suspect that they had already gotten sued and just settled it out of court and banned it to sweep the incident under the rug.

Are you serious?

znick21
12-08-2010, 03:50 AM
idk... seems fair to me; Blake shoved Miller a couple times before that. :shrug:

exactly, something the op didn't mention. griffin shoved miller twice before that happened, granted miller's shove was harder, there was little to no chance of serious injury. cook pushing pryzbilla while he is in the air is ten times more dangerous. especially considering that was pryzbilla's second game back after two serious knee injuries last season.

both suspensions were fair. and for the record, i hate david stern.

ClipperfanKevin
12-08-2010, 04:04 AM
miller basically bodychecked griffin

cook pushed pryzbilla while he left his feet up in the air, he could've landed really bad

Miller has a much lower center of gravity than Blake, his shoulder hit him in the back. At a different angle he could have seriously hurt Blake's back, and running at full speed, he doesn't really have much control of which angle he hit Griffin at. Not to mention that it was malicious, and he came out and said he wished he hit him harder. Cook stopped a layup, and he didn't even hit him that hard.

There is pushing and shoving all day in the post when going for rebounds. Big men have to live with that, and point guards shouldn't get any special treatment when they go down low to try to steal rebounds.

ClipperfanKevin
12-08-2010, 04:06 AM
exactly, something the op didn't mention. griffin shoved miller twice before that happened, granted miller's shove was harder, there was little to no chance of serious injury. cook pushing pryzbilla while he is in the air is ten times more dangerous. especially considering that was pryzbilla's second game back after two serious knee injuries last season.

both suspensions were fair. and for the record, i hate david stern.

Little to no chance of injury my ***. I'd like to see you take a shot in the back from a 6'2 200 pound guy running at full speed. Just because he's big and solid muscle doesn't mean he doesn't hurt like a normal person...

Also, like I said earlier, why should a point guard get babied in the post. Griffin gets pushed, shoved, hacked, and horse-collared all day in the post and if he football tackled someone in the back in retaliation, he would have gotten a minimum of 10 games on the shelf, and everybody would be bashing on him.

ElMarroAfamado
12-08-2010, 04:12 AM
for the person saying cook could have hurt someone
and marcus camby couldnt have when he seemingly punched blake in the head?

znick21
12-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Little to no chance of injury my ***. I'd like to see you take a shot in the back from a 6'2 200 pound guy running at full speed. Just because he's big and solid muscle doesn't mean he doesn't hurt like a normal person...

Also, like I said earlier, why should a point guard get babied in the post. Griffin gets pushed, shoved, hacked, and horse-collared all day in the post and if he football tackled someone in the back in retaliation, he would have gotten a minimum of 10 games on the shelf, and everybody would be bashing on him.

i said serious injury ********. of course there's a good chance a minor injury such as a bruise or a tweak of something, but as i can see by your incredible homerism, and the fact that you leave out pertinent information in your posts to help prove your point, there is going to be no talking to you.

watch the whole video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLAPJiETLCE

griffin pushed him in the back (a foul) the two plays directly before that. was miller's push back warranted? absolutely. was it with a lot more force than griffin's were? totally. i'm not even fully disagreeing with you, it was a cheap shot by miller, but to be so outraged by a one game suspension is ludicrous, there wasn't even a foul called on the play.

Blazers#1Fan
12-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Miller has a much lower center of gravity than Blake, his shoulder hit him in the back. At a different angle he could have seriously hurt Blake's back, and running at full speed, he doesn't really have much control of which angle he hit Griffin at. Not to mention that it was malicious, and he came out and said he wished he hit him harder. Cook stopped a layup, and he didn't even hit him that hard.

There is pushing and shoving all day in the post when going for rebounds. Big men have to live with that, and point guards shouldn't get any special treatment when they go down low to try to steal rebounds.

just stop while your ahead! your sounding like a Heat fan now!

Blake shouldnt of pushed miller twice miller got tired of it and pushed back! glad he did it!
push me once ok it can slide, push me twice there wont be a third now watch yo back! :laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2010, 08:44 AM
wow Brian Cook is still in the NBA:speechless:

Mplsman
12-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I hate David Stern in general.

tcav701
12-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Pushing a guy in the air always carries a greater risk than pushing a guy who has both feet on the floor.

You have to suspend the action and not the result. In that case, I think they were fair.

I still think Stern in a loser and every day deminishes everything the past greats have done by fixing games/drafts and asking refs to protect certian players.

tcav701
12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I also highly doubt you would have an issue with this if you weren't a Clipper fan.

John Walls Era
12-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Stu Jackson dishes out the punishment (I know he answers to Stern...).
Also Cooks push was more dangerous. When a guys in the air, pushing him could make him land awkwardly. Andre Miller's push was nothing...

Hustla23
12-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Two things:

1.) Andre Miller is a *****.

2.) David Stern is the ***** of all *****es.

That is all.