PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah Criticizes Cavs Fans for Anti-LeBron Chant

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 06:50 PM
If you don't like this thread then don't comment. don't ruin it for everyone else that wants to please.

Last week, Cavs fans unimaginatively yelled “Scottie Pippen” at LeBron James while he torched their team. Joakim Noah, no fan of Ohio himself, tells the Daily Herald that he was less than impressed: “Noah took exception to the Cavs fans invoking the name of Bulls legend Scottie Pippen in an effort to taunt departed star LeBron James. Fans chanted ‘Scottie Pippen’ during the game. ‘They took a cheap shot at one of our Hall of Fame guys, at Scottie Pippen,’ Noah said. ‘I didn’t really like that.’ Sure, Noah understands the idea behind the chant, that James will never be a Michael Jordan, one of the all-time greats. Instead, he chose to be sidekick to Miami’s Dwyane Wade, the way Pippen played wingman for Jordan. At this point, though, James is still looking for his first NBA championship. Matching Pippen’s six would be a dream come true for the Akron native. ‘You guys are waiting for this moment for five months and you guys are chanting, ‘Scottie Pippen,’ a Hall of Fame player with six rings? Like that’s a bad thing? Come on, now,’ Noah said.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/12/joakim-noah-criticizes-cavs-fans-for-anti-lebron-chant/

Draco
12-07-2010, 06:55 PM
they would have been much better off chanting Delonte but the Cavs wouldn't organize that.

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Yea I didn't hear the delonte chant one time. I get the concept behind the pippen thing as I laughed at it last week, but I see what Noah is saying.

TheWatcher34
12-07-2010, 07:02 PM
they would have been much better off chanting Delonte but the Cavs wouldn't organize that.

they did. you have all the chants in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJVLHe4RkM at 5:53 ..and it made him miss a FT

tangent12
12-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Cavs fans are completely uncreative... and a lot of talk but no action. I was expecting some psycho to go after LeBron with a katana during the game or all the fans to come down at once and seriously injure LeBron or something... snipe him while taking a free throw or something. IDK, think of something at least.

That game was just straight up disappointing, specially with all the hype surrounding it.

gbrl
12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
i agree with noah. they are trying to get at lebron by comparing him to a hof player

haggis
12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
yeah. that was one of the dumbest chants ever... LBJ couldn't hold Scottie's jock

footballer2369
12-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Bulls/Cavs OT thread...

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Noah was right what he said about Cleveland last season. Lame *** city with lame *** people. Hope we hand the Cavs a similar *** whupping like the Heat did tomorrow.

BALLER71
12-07-2010, 07:10 PM
yeah. that was one of the dumbest chants ever... LBJ couldn't hold Scottie's jock

this post is teh lulz.

Basketash
12-07-2010, 07:11 PM
noah was right what he said about cleveland last season. Lame *** city with lame *** people. Hope we hand the cavs a similar *** whupping like the heat did tomorrow.

+1

haggis
12-07-2010, 07:13 PM
this post is teh lulz.

just for you ;)

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 07:13 PM
yeah. That was one of the dumbest chants ever... Lbj couldn't hold scottie's jock

+1

JermanJaysFan
12-07-2010, 07:14 PM
they did. you have all the chants in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJVLHe4RkM at 5:53 ..and it made him miss a FT

:rolleyes:

BALLER71
12-07-2010, 07:16 PM
your a dispicable human being :facepalm:

Nah. I don't blame him for being mad. I remember that he made a thread guaranteeing Lebron James would be a Chicago Bull.

Dude needs to get over it.

D1JM
12-07-2010, 07:17 PM
i didnt like the whole "scottie pippen" chant

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 07:20 PM
i didnt like the whole "scottie pippen" chant

me either too much, thought it was a little disrespectful towards pippen.

Cubs Win
12-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Bulls/Cavs OT thread...

heat fans are so delicate with their princesses.

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Nah. I don't blame him for being mad. I remember that he made a thread guaranteeing Lebron James would be a Chicago Bull.

I know this is off topic but I saw your sig and I'll bet you anything Cam Newton is a bust. The Dolphins need to stay away from him.

Sly Guy
12-07-2010, 07:27 PM
I lol'ed. Even though I understood where noah is coming from.

tangent12
12-07-2010, 07:27 PM

Oh, a BALLER71 sighting... how surprising. That's cute though. I thought you left the forum, you suddenly stopped posting in NBA game threads or Heat related threads once the season started.

It's nice to see you again though.

:)

jkcronyn
12-07-2010, 07:29 PM
anyone else want noah for president, better yet, god? that'd be dope since he's such a genius... i hate threads on this kid he's always spouting his mouth and as conscious as this may be im sick of chicago and ny circle jerking themselves on all of psd

effen5
12-07-2010, 07:29 PM
heat fans are so delicate with their princesses.

I don't know why but this made me lol hard

gours17
12-07-2010, 07:32 PM
anyone else want noah for president, better yet, god? that'd be dope since he's such a genius... i hate threads on this kid he's always spouting his mouth and as conscious as this may be im sick of chicago and ny circle jerking themselves on all of psd

then stop reading them!!

IAmKira
12-07-2010, 07:37 PM
These are the same fans that called this bum "KING" a year ago.. Go figure..

effen5

why so mad?

u mad because Chicago, NY, Boston, and LA has more fans then the rest of the teams put together?

Get over it

BluejaysFan08
Bulls/Cavs OT thread...

Not at all buddy, its to big of an issue

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 07:38 PM

then look at the thread. don't blame NY and Chicago for having two of the largest fan bases on here.

29$JerZ
12-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Noah has a point, I agree

gours17
12-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Not at all buddy, its to big of an issue

Byronicle
12-07-2010, 07:43 PM
they should've called him Chris Bosh, Mike James or something, Scottie Pippen is quite the complement

NYsFinest
12-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Noah is not funny or clever... hes just an annoying whiney ***** that loves attention. Don't know how anyone can like him.

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Noah is not funny or clever... hes just an annoying whiney ***** that loves attention. Don't know how anyone can like him.

ummm maybe cause he plays hard, insn't a selfish player, and cares more about winning then his stats :shrug:

bovice163
12-07-2010, 07:48 PM

That doesn't sound anything like Noah. I said it before, he's a guy that speaks his mind and doesn't give a **** about what anyone else thinks.

But I agree with Noah, Scottie is a winner, Lebron is a whiner.

jkcronyn
12-07-2010, 07:50 PM
noah is a whiny ***** thats why we have to hear about him once a week and something he said. a true winner keeps his head down and doesnt have to weigh in on this ish... people who are truly focused on what they're doing don't take the time out of their day to have fights with kevin garnett, complain about lebrons dancing, or comment on something like this. chicago fans you kids are so blind sometimes its ridiculous

Minimal
12-07-2010, 07:52 PM
The biggest disrespect of this chant wasn't to LeBron, but for Scottie Pippen himself.

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 07:53 PM
noah is a whiny ***** thats why we have to hear about him once a week and something he said. a true winner keeps his head down and doesnt have to weigh in on this ish... people who are truly focused on what they're doing don't take the time out of their day to have fights with kevin garnett, complain about lebrons dancing, or comment on something like this. chicago fans you kids are so blind sometimes its ridiculous

lol....... once a week? do you read the sports page every day or once every 2 months? second he was asked about garnett, he didnt volunteer the information and the dancing was during a game which almost anyone who has self respect would complain about as well. so nice attempt at taking a shot at chicago fans. try again.

jkcronyn
12-07-2010, 08:00 PM
no you guys are always completely hyped and sometimes you should be and it's not that that bothers me i just get sick of reading threads of oyu kids boosting your egos. you made this thread so people would go hey noah's a pretty great guy what a selfless and smart dude when really the kids a clown everything chicago kids post in the psd nba forum is all self-interested. none of it is a general wonder its just so you guys can get asked about your players and get patted on the back so you feel good even though your a 4 seed congrats on winning the lottery with d-rose and signing boozer but other than that you guys just have good pieces and i dont need to see it every 4 days

jkcronyn
12-07-2010, 08:01 PM
it doesn't help the website or the forum. the whole point is for discussions not circle jerks about your team or feeling better about your chances. its seriously here for conversation and insight on different stories. you guys think this noah story is something for conversation but oyu proably just missed seeing the bulls in rotation today

pd1dish
12-07-2010, 08:01 PM

sorry that NY and Chicago are probably the 2 largest fan bases in all American sports. of course we are going to dominate the forums. you know, you have a couple options to avoid running into us......

1. dont come on this website. its probably better off without you anyways

2. simply dont click on a thread if it doesnt entice you. this thread had joakim noah in the title, so if youre tired of chicago fans on this forum, then its quite obvious that this thread is going to be dominated by chicago fans and you can just not click on this thread.

those are not hard options to come by and im sure every one else in this forum would appreciate you not coming into our threads if you are just going to berate them.

it doesn't help the website or the forum. the whole point is for discussions not circle jerks about your team or feeling better about your chances. its seriously here for conversation and insight on different stories. you guys think this noah story is something for conversation but oyu proably just missed seeing the bulls in rotation today

its obviously a topic of conversation if people are coming into the thread and commenting enough to get 3 pages and counting.

Hoopsadvocate
12-07-2010, 08:06 PM
:clap: for Noah now he should say the same thing to his own bulls fans who basically said the same thing on psd many times over the summer and are basically just agreeing now because there own player said it,typical, because we all damn sure know what they ment because they werent literally meaning scottie pippen they just used his name as an example of 2nd best on a team as an inusult. And not trying to insult him by comparing there skills like some people are saying here.

jkcronyn
12-07-2010, 08:06 PM
that's not the point, the point is that you can post things on here and I don't care as long as it adds something to the forum. this doesn't add anything. put it in the chicago forums because you know where this is gonna get more buzz? probably there. this isn't an nba topic not to mention it's not timely. all the lebron threads were fizzing out 2 days ago, and that's when it should have been posted. it's ridiculous.

jmcelligott92
12-07-2010, 08:07 PM
It involves more than just the bulls, so i would consider it a NBA topic

bovice163
12-07-2010, 08:10 PM

So then take your own advice and don't 'weigh in on this ish'. I agree that this really doesn't belong in the NBA forum, but if you're tired of reading about it, why click on the thread in the first place? :shrug:

jmcelligott92
12-07-2010, 08:14 PM
People like to complain about teams having to many fans..
Bulls fans are loyal and show up,,
we dont have problems selling out games
the heat have 3 superstars and barely sell thats ridiculous

justinnum1
12-07-2010, 08:20 PM
People like to complain about teams having to many fans..
Bulls fans are loyal and show up,,
we dont have problems selling out games

If by barley sell, you mean they have sold out every game, than yea. http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Slimsim
12-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Kinda wish Noah said this a day or 2 after the Cav Miami Game.

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 08:30 PM
If by barley sell, you mean they have sold out every game, than yea. http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Speculators and professional brokers make up 40 percent of sellers in the secondary ticket market in most NBA cities. In Miami, they represent 70 percent according to StubHub -- and right now they're getting beat up pretty badly. Local TV ratings for the Heat don't match the Cleveland market's numbers from the 2009-10 season. While the Heat captivate national fans who either love them or hate them, south Floridians seem more blasé.

so even though the games might be sold out, doesn't mean the fans are buying the tickets. thats why they had a "fan up" commerical

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=EastStorylines-101207

Cubs Win

Ok, you sell out, but don't fill the seats. I think we both should know that's the point he was trying to make. I don't get how heat fans still bring up this tickets sold attendance EVERY time.

Cubs Win

:burn:

justinnum1
12-07-2010, 08:31 PM

:shrug: So...he made a comment that

And thats not true, they have sold out.

Cubs Win
12-07-2010, 08:34 PM

You really don't understand that these people aren't literally talking about "selling," but rather actual attendance?

I don't understand what is so difficult about this for heat fans to get through their heads.

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 08:36 PM

So like I said before and it wasnt quoted cause I had to edit and put it in. even though they seem to sell out, doesn't mean the fans are buying the tickets. secondary seller like stub hub buy up the tickets and try and sell them and they can't. also whats up with the tv ratings? lower then cleveland was last year and you guys have 3 stars. I mean ive heard that the tickets are too expensive which isn't true cause someone posted an article on that acouple weeks a go and if you guys cant afford to go to the games, what? you cant afford tv or something too? not trying to do a hit job on you guys, but it is pretty weird imo

smith&wesson
12-07-2010, 08:37 PM
noah is right. pippen is a hall of famer and a 6 time championship, thats hardley a diss, more of a compliment then anything. cavs fans could have done better then that.

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 08:47 PM
So then take your own advice and don't 'weigh in on this ish'. I agree that this really doesn't belong in the NBA forum, but if you're tired of reading about it, why click on the thread in the first place? :shrug:

as some good people have said before, most things in the NBA in the NBA forum don't belong in the NBA, but it has to do with noah, cleveland fans, and lebron james which would relate to anyone who likes the guy or who is a heat fan. so this could cover 3 different fan bases. don't know how that doesn't give it a reason to belong in the NBA forum.

Draco
12-07-2010, 09:01 PM
You really don't understand that these people aren't literally talking about "selling," but rather actual attendance?

I don't understand what is so difficult about this for heat fans to get through their heads.

I've seen more people at a 5 year olds birthday party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxH3MMdQh64

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 09:14 PM
I've seen more people at a 5 year olds birthday party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxH3MMdQh64

lol

cle12152433
12-07-2010, 09:15 PM
This is going to be a garbage post and have no contribution whatsoever to this thread, but I would just like to say I hate Joakim Noah.

Didnt even like him when he was a Florida.

Didnt like him BEFORE Florida beat Ohio State. He is a punk.

You must be a damn disgrace if your own teammates vote to keep you away.

Mplsman
12-07-2010, 09:17 PM

hahaha omg.

Draco
12-07-2010, 09:19 PM
This is going to be a garbage post and have no contribution whatsoever to this thread, but I would just like to say I hate Joakim Noah.

Didnt even like him when he was a Florida.

Didnt like him BEFORE Florida beat Ohio State. He is a punk.

You must be a damn disgrace if your own teammates vote to keep you away.

tell that to Ron Adams.. he came back to the Bulls this year. and most of the teammates who voted aren't on the Bull anymore.

cambovenzi
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Ugly people shouldn't be allowed to criticize entire fan bases for a clever chant.

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
tell that to Ron Adams.. he came back to the Bulls this year. and most of the teammates who voted aren't on the Bull anymore.

and most of those bulls were traded like 2 months later

LA_Raiders
12-07-2010, 09:30 PM

lol, that would be great...

blacknell
12-07-2010, 09:32 PM
it kinda looks like lebron has taken over the Miami team already and Wade is the side kcik if you ask me. I think we all know that lebron is a better player than Wade is all around the board. If James was in a fun city to live and play in i think Wade would have left miami and came to join Lebron instead Lebron was in the crappy city and Wade was in heaven in south beach

John Walls Era
12-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Noah follows the Cavs a lot.

kingkenny01
12-07-2010, 09:53 PM
i don't know what noah is taking about that is a great insult scottie pippens is MJ's ***** otherwise he would have won a championship without him or be in the HOF
just like noah is derrick rose's *****

kingkenny01
12-07-2010, 09:54 PM
i mean wouldn't be in the HOF without MJ

JasonJohnHorn
12-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Noah is spot on. Perenial all-star. Six time champ. HOF. one of the best SFs of all time. Great all around player. It was kind of a compliment. Pippen had an amazing career and was an amazing player. while I understand what fans were getting at, they'd be better off calling him "Robin" to D-Wade's batman.... but wait, D-Wade is supposed to be Flash? Oh... never mind.

promixxer
12-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I thought the same thing as Noah when I heard it.

BUT

How can you compare two guys who haven't done anything to Jordan and Pippen. Really, Jordan and Pippen?

I get why they said it. should be more like "dumb and dumber"

yoseppii12
12-07-2010, 10:34 PM
I thought the same thing as Noah when I heard it.

BUT

How can you compare two guys who haven't done anything to Jordan and Pippen. Really, Jordan and Pippen?

I get why they said it. should be more like "dumb and dumber"

Yeah Scottie had a decent career post-jordan considering his age. Still averaged over 1.5 steals/game post Bulls? Maybe not a huge scorer but he could run an offense, rebound, pass, and play strong D.

Like it says compare it to Jordan and Pippen?

Pippen was the perfect match for Jordan someone that can be on the court with him a lot by playing 2 positions, that was a long strong help side defender, and a quality playmaker when it was needed. The combination of Jordan and Pippen's D was the reason they hold the best and like 2 of the top 4 best regular season records of all time. The Heat already almost lost as many games as those Jordan and Pippen teams.

Sorry Noah cares and loves playing for the Bulls and respects Jordan and Pippen's shadows

kozelkid
12-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Ugly people shouldn't be allowed to criticize entire fan bases for a clever chant.

Whould it be okay for you if he was attractive? :rolleyes:
And it was a stupid chant, not a clever one.

FKNRUEHH925
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
chant west ****ed ur mom?

footballer2369
12-07-2010, 10:43 PM
@yosupw/e- d wade has more finals mvps than Pippen

robdizzle3
12-07-2010, 10:47 PM

Hahaha.. Im saying... That would've really got him pissed off like a Golden Shower lol.

D Roses Bulls
12-07-2010, 11:04 PM

well it's kind of hard for pippen to get a finals MVP award when he played with the best player of all time.

cle12152433
12-07-2010, 11:12 PM
I was there and I promise all of you that Del-on-te was chanted. The only difference was that "sections" were chanting it, not the whole arena.

cle12152433
12-07-2010, 11:13 PM

LMAO made my night

dodie53
12-07-2010, 11:18 PM
not too clever chant imo

Norieaga
12-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Funny thing: Pippen is one of the 50 best players ever. Chanting Delonte would've done much more.

JB0B0
12-08-2010, 12:05 AM
What angered me is that cavs fans only went to the game because LeBron was in town. If your true fans, why not go to other games as well? LeBron's gone and never going back...it's time to move on. In other words, hope that you land the 1st pick next year and select Harrison Barnes.

RZZZA
12-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Well I'm a bulls fan and the chant makes no sense to me at all. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman were like the "Big 3" of their day....no?

Scottie was awesome. He wasn't MJs ***** like some here say. You could say that about the entire Bulls team then, they were all overshadowed by MJs greatness...thats why its a team game, it takes a team to win.

JB0B0
12-08-2010, 12:19 AM

Adam Morrison has more rings than Wade, LeBron and Bosh combined. Your point?

Gootie42
12-08-2010, 12:21 AM
What angered me is that cavs fans only went to the game because LeBron was in town. If your true fans, why not go to other games as well?

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

RZZZA
12-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Noah is so ****ing annoying.

and typing in bold 30 point font isn't annoying at all.

just because your font is bigger, doesn't mean your opinion is any better than anyone elses....btw, just so you know

bears88
12-08-2010, 12:28 AM

I guess you haven't seen Noah's smoking hot girlfriend I guess he is too ugly to get a gf my point is why do you even care about what he looks :shrug:

RZZZA
12-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I never said it was *****.

Bit.ch? Ouch, dude. Ouch....:(

footballer2369
12-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Adam Morrison has more rings than Wade, LeBron and Bosh combined. Your point?

Uh-huh and how many MVPs?

RZZZA
12-08-2010, 12:41 AM
What would you prefer to be called **** head?

Sir RZZZA Longshanks IV, Counciller of the Exchequer, Duke of New York A+ #1

Jonathan2323
12-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Miami fans chant "Miami loves you" all the rest doesn't matter.

Super.
12-08-2010, 12:44 AM
This thread reaks of fail

RZZZA
12-08-2010, 12:46 AM
***** suits you better.

lol... affected :D

12-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Weak chant. Pippen's the man. The concept of trying to get under Lebron's skin by comparing him to a top 50 all time player makes no sense. I think a better chant would be if every Bulls fan chanted AKRON the whole night.

xxxplicit69
12-08-2010, 01:20 AM
I like Noah for being a stand up guy. Pippen's name shouldn't be thrown under the bus like that. I do feel bad watching that video though, so depressing. For both sides.

Sadds The Gr8
12-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Does he think Cavs fans will give a **** about what he says seeing as he trashed their city last year? He's the last person that should be criticizing Cleveland fans...

Red222
12-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Does he think Cavs fans will give a **** about what he says seeing as he trashed their city last year? He's the last person that should be criticizing Cleveland fans...

he spoke his mind and is entitled to his opinion

cle12152433
12-08-2010, 01:50 AM
whats up with all the quoting with profanity???

millerandco
12-08-2010, 04:53 AM
i hope noah becomes a commentator, he's got opinions on everything

Kashmir13579
12-08-2010, 05:08 AM

i've watched several heat games this year and i've seen many empty seats... so i don't really give a rat's *** what that espn link says.

cambovenzi
12-08-2010, 05:14 AM
i've watched several heat games this year and i've seen many empty seats... so i don't really give a rat's *** what that espn link says.
They had to issue a statement asking fans to get to the game on time and sit and watch the games or something along those lines.

DaBUU
12-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Miami and Cleveland ae both pathetic sports cities. Well Miami is a city at least, Cleveland is more like a rundown burg

ShakeN'Bake
12-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Seems like this guy makes a statement about everything

DodgerBlue22
12-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Noah feels like he needs to comment on everything..Why is he talking about what went on in Cleveland that night?? Have you heard any other NBA player make a comment on it that wasn't involved in the game?? No you haven't!! The guy just likes the media spotlight when he should just be concentrating on basketball and getting his team back to winning cuz as of now they blow..He lost all credibility after he called KG a "meany" and "dirty player" then went out and got absolutely dominated by him resulting in yet another Bulls loss to the Celtics..Just play ball and talk on the court stop the off court media stuff whether he's right or wrong "no comment" can go a long way

D Roses Bulls
12-08-2010, 03:16 PM
LOL......some of you guys act like Noah goes up to a reporter and starts babbling. He is asked these questions and gives his honest opinion. whats so wrong with that?

Stunner
12-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Noah feels like he needs to comment on everything..Why is he talking about what went on in Cleveland that night?? Have you heard any other NBA player make a comment on it that wasn't involved in the game?? No you haven't!! The guy just likes the media spotlight when he should just be concentrating on basketball and getting his team back to winning cuz as of now they blow..He lost all credibility after he called KG a "meany" and "dirty player" then went out and got absolutely dominated by him resulting in yet another Bulls loss to the Celtics..Just play ball and talk on the court stop the off court media stuff whether he's right or wrong "no comment" can go a long way

We do?

Stunner
12-08-2010, 03:26 PM
LOL......some of you guys act like Noah goes up to a reporter and starts babbling. He is asked these questions and gives his honest opinion. whats so wrong with that?

x2 many players dont have the balls to speak their mind cuz what other say. Noah jus doesnt care what others think besides his friends, family and team.

pacofunk64
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Cleveland fans remind me of the bitter, phsycotic, ex-wife. There's a reason he left. Besides the constant bickering...the other chick just looks better with you on them.

milominderbinde
12-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Scottie Pippin is the guy who took himself out of the last three seconds of a playoff game with the game on the line because the play wasn't called for him. Quintessential bad character guy. The chant works.

D Roses Bulls
12-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Scottie Pippin is the guy who took himself out of the last three seconds of a playoff game with the game on the line because the play wasn't called for him. Quintessential bad character guy. The chant works.

that was the rumor. never confirmed, but yes. it was the one and only time he ever made a bad mistake in his career. the guy use to play through migranes and back problems all the time. so if it was true, he made up for that by keeping his mouth shut and playing hard the rest of his career.

xbrackattackx
12-08-2010, 04:46 PM
that was the rumor. never confirmed, but yes. it was the one and only time he ever made a bad mistake in his career. the guy use to play through migranes and back problems all the time. so if it was true, he made up for that by keeping his mouth shut and playing hard the rest of his career.

x2 Pippen was once in a lifetime player also. Lock down defense all night.

milominderbinde
12-08-2010, 05:04 PM

That was no rumor. There was no question about it. No other explanation was really offered up. I was watching the game and had never seen anything like it. The reason I think it was telling as to the guy's character was that that was the year he didn't have Jordan, had to be the "man" and couldn't handle it.

shizzle09
12-08-2010, 05:18 PM
cavs fans can chant what they like. Didnt stop Lebron from torching their team. He got the last laugh as they left the arena with nothing to say.

shizzle09
12-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Cleveland fans remind me of the bitter, phsycotic, ex-wife. There's a reason he left. Besides the constant bickering...the other chick just looks better with you on them.

This! winner

bovice163
12-08-2010, 05:40 PM
That was no rumor. There was no question about it. No other explanation was really offered up. I was watching the game and had never seen anything like it. The reason I think it was telling as to the guy's character was that that was the year he didn't have Jordan, had to be the "man" and couldn't handle it.

So because of one bad decision, a players career is tarnished and he is viewed as one with 'bad character'? That's almost as ridiculous as those saying LeBron's legacy was over with when he went to Miami.

cle12152433
12-08-2010, 05:42 PM

the only chick im looking at is the one in your sig, and let me say she looks mighty fine....

cle12152433
12-08-2010, 05:43 PM
So because of one bad decision, a players career is tarnished and he is viewed as one with 'bad character'? That's almost as ridiculous as those saying LeBron's legacy was over with when he went to Miami.

Agreed. But LeBron's mistake was more poorly handled

milominderbinde
12-08-2010, 05:58 PM

Thats more than a "bad decision". You can't quit on your team more egregiously than that.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
12-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah that chant is FAR from insulting. Which I believe was the goal of chant

Might as well have chanted "you're an exceptional basketball player" (clap clapclap clap clap)

Bring The Heat
12-08-2010, 07:08 PM
I don't think a lot of people realize this but I went to a couple of heat games this year and the reason the arena looks empty for awhile is because it takes forever to get in unless you get there real early

Game was at 7:30 I arrived at 7:05 and didn't get in till about 7:50... Huge line because now they pad down EVERY single person and make you empty your pockets... Before you use to just show your ticket walk through and you were in... I was pissed because I missed the introduction and almost all of the 1st quarter

SteBO
12-08-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't think a lot of people realize this but I went to a couple of heat games this year and the reason the arena looks empty for awhile is because it takes forever to get in unless you get there real early

Game was at 7:30 I arrived at 7:05 and didn't get in till about 7:50... Huge line because now they pad down EVERY single person and make you empty your pockets... Before you use to just show your ticket walk through and you were in... I was pissed because I missed the introduction and almost all of the 1st quarter
^ People just look for other reasons to rag on heat fans.
I've been to a couple myself this year and it took nearly an hour for me to get in, it's ridiculous

D Roses Bulls
12-08-2010, 07:27 PM

I watched it too...... and like i said, that was the only thing he ever did badin his whole career. at least he didnt continue to open his mouth and make stupid decisions later on and after that game, he played out of his mind. the next game after was when the famous pippen over ewing dunk happened.

ecorrea
12-08-2010, 07:32 PM
^ People just look for other reasons to rag on heat fans.
I've been to a couple myself this year and it took nearly an hour for me to get in, it's ridiculous

not sayin its a definitive answer to why people say the heat dont fill their seats, but it points in that direction:

"Speculators and professional brokers make up 40 percent of sellers in the secondary ticket market in most NBA cities. In Miami, they represent 70 percent according to StubHub -- and right now they're getting beat up pretty badly. Local TV ratings for the Heat don't match the Cleveland market's numbers from the 2009-10 season. While the Heat captivate national fans who either love them or hate them, south Floridians seem more blasé."