PDA

View Full Version : CP3 the Next GP of Seattle?

ccg34
12-07-2010, 04:12 PM
http://www.king5.com/sports/NBA-buys-Hornets-Seattle-potential-destination-111421374.html

If the Hornets decide to relocate, Seattle is a potential location. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, a long time basketball fan, recently sold more than a billion dollars in stock. Fans have suggested it was a sign Ballmer would make a move for a team. He declined comment on the Hornets sale through a spokesperson today.

My dream scenario would be sending the Thunder back to Seattle and sending the Hornets to OKC.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
OKC is staying put. If Seattle gets a team, it will be a team that moves or a new franchise. And Gary Payton isn't a very good comparison to CP3. Different players

ccg34
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
OKC is staying put. If Seattle gets a team, it will be a team that moves or a new franchise. And Gary Payton isn't a very good comparison to CP3. Different players

You have to admit it is a catchy title though. CP3 can definitely be the face of Seattle like GP back in the 90's.

jezzyman05
12-07-2010, 04:22 PM
I thought it was Kemp that was the face of seattle for most of the 90's

NateyB24
12-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Don't get your hopes up, Stern is never going to get us a basketball team. He is a liar and is a terrible commisioner. I will support the NBA again after he is dead.

Eagles4Lyfe
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
why they might relocate them again, seems like a good fanbase whats happening??

heyman321
12-07-2010, 04:36 PM
why they might relocate them again, seems like a good fanbase whats happening??

Cause it's not a good fanbase...lol. They are losing a ton of money.

nyyfan4life
12-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Isn't Kansas City the re-location area being discussed possibly?

kingkenny01
12-07-2010, 04:52 PM
las vegas is first

Korman12
12-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Is it just me, or does every sports fan seem to hate the commissioner of every sport?

effen5
12-07-2010, 04:55 PM
They should move to Seattle.

Baller1
12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Stern can **** himself. He won't give us a team again, so until he's finally out, we'll never have the Sonics.

dtmagnet
12-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Is it just me, or does every sports fan seem to hate the commissioner of every sport?

Bettman, Stern, Selig, yeah they pretty much all suck.

Nwsports22
12-07-2010, 07:18 PM
CP3 and GP are two different players.

There wont be a team in Seattle until theres a new arena or a agreement to build one. I want a team back here as much as any other Sonics fan, but I just dont see it happening any time soon.

NateyB24
12-07-2010, 07:30 PM

I just hate the NBA one with a passion i can put up with the others i just can't stand Stern. The filth that comes out of his mouth is disgusting. I like the MLB commish even though i don't agree with some of the MLB stuff and i like the NFL commish even though again i don't agree with some of his stuff either.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Gary Payton wasn't 2/3 the player that CP3 is.

Baller1
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Gary Payton wasn't 2/3 the player that CP3 is.

I hope that's a joke.

smith&wesson
12-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I feel bad for seatle fans,

i hear that theyre thinking about kansas city though.

would theyre fan base be any better then new orleans though ?

NYYCowboys
12-07-2010, 10:01 PM
If the team is in limbo in 2012, and not contending CP3 will be a free agent and probably sign elsewhere.

blacknell
12-07-2010, 10:14 PM
whoa he is nowhere as good as GP was. AKA the glove

Nowakm33
12-07-2010, 10:34 PM
This is an extremely realistic chance for Seattle to get a team back. Steve Ballmer will be able to use his recently acquired $2 Billion, in purchasing a team (Hornets, Kings, Maybe Clippers) and even renovate KeyArena to make it suitable for a team. Hell, he could build a new arena if he wanted.

Don't lose hope! Seattle will soon have a team back!

Nowakm33
12-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I feel bad for seatle fans,

i hear that theyre thinking about kansas city though.

would theyre fan base be any better then new orleans though ?

No way. A rejuvenated Seattle fan base will be tremendous!

Nowakm33
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
CP3 and GP are two different players.

There wont be a team in Seattle until theres a new arena or a agreement to build one. I want a team back here as much as any other Sonics fan, but I just dont see it happening any time soon.

Steve Ballmer will have raked in $2 Billion after selling his stocks in Microsoft. With that money he will be a team. With the remaining money, he will either renovate KeyArena to Stern's liking or he might just build a new arena.

This will happen before 2013.

NateyB24
12-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Steve Ballmer will have raked in $2 Billion after selling his stocks in Microsoft. With that money he will be a team. With the remaining money, he will either renovate KeyArena to Stern's liking or he might just build a new arena.

He has 1.4Bil but to make it worth building a new arena he would have to have another sport like Hockey use it. Its kind of a dream though i doubt he will do it and i doubt there will ever be basketball because of Stern.

Makes to much sense for the team to move to KC or Anaheim they already have arenas.

hotpotato1092
12-07-2010, 11:19 PM

Because you never hear about the good things they do until after they retire, at which point all of the bad things disappear. People talk about every former commissioner like they're gods.

KingOf215
12-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Seattle doesn't deserve an NBA team. I'd prefer the Hornets go to a city that knows how to appreciate NBA basketball. It was a blessing in disguise for the Sonics to move to OKC, their fans actually appreciate them.

The only professional sports teams Seattle really cares about are the Seahawks and the Mariners, and those 2 teams combined haven't had the success the Sonics have in their history. It is a disgrace.

DodgersFan28
12-08-2010, 01:02 AM
I'll laugh if an NBA team moves to Anaheim.

NateyB24
12-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Seattle doesn't deserve an NBA team. I'd prefer the Hornets go to a city that knows how to appreciate NBA basketball. It was a blessing in disguise for the Sonics to move to OKC, their fans actually appreciate them.

The only professional sports teams Seattle really cares about are the Seahawks and the Mariners, and those 2 teams combined haven't amounted to what the Sonics have accomplished. It is a disgrace.

WTF are you talking about? The Sonics had a great attendance and was one of the teams i attended besides the Mariners i have yet to go to a Seahawk game i will eventually.

Thats one of our most historical teams that we don't have anymore. Also we did have the fan base we just didn't have a good enough Arena.

By the way i don't know where i got Balmer has 1.4Bil its actually 2 Bil guess i was wrong.

Sadds The Gr8
12-08-2010, 01:08 AM
he'll be gone by the time the team moves.

KingOf215
12-08-2010, 01:09 AM
WTF are you talking about? The Sonics had a great attendance and was one of the teams i attended besides the Mariners i have yet to go to a Seahawk game i will eventually.

Thats one of our most historical teams that we don't have anymore. Also we did have the fan base we just didn't have a good enough Arena.

By the way i don't know where i got Balmer has 1.4Bil its actually 2 Bil guess i was wrong.

If you've been in Seattle for as long as I have, then you'd know the Sonics are less than 2nd class citizens when discussing Seattle sports. The attendance was only looking up when the team's departure was impending.... too little, too late. It's just not a basketball city. All the love goes to the hawks and the mariners.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
12-08-2010, 01:10 AM
I honestly would love the sonics back in
The NBA

D1JM
12-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Seattle needs a stadium first

NateyB24
12-08-2010, 01:27 AM
If you've been in Seattle for as long as I have, then you'd know the Sonics are less than 2nd class citizens when discussing Seattle sports. The attendance was only looking up when the team's departure was impending.... too little, too late. It's just not a basketball city. All the love goes to the hawks and the mariners.

Ive been here since the 90s...There are die hard Sonic fans around here.

Nwsports22
12-08-2010, 03:48 AM

I know Ballmer sold his stocks in Microsoft. But I wont believe it until I hear it come out of Ballmer's mouth that he wants to buy a team and that he will pay for a new arena or to help renovate The Key. I want a team back here more then anyone but my guy says there wont be a team ever for a long time.

Nwsports22
12-08-2010, 03:52 AM
Deadspin.com got a hold of the Hornets Financial Documents
http://deadspin.com/5708313/the-new-orleans-hornets-sad-financial-documents/gallery/

Method28
12-08-2010, 04:33 AM
I hope that's a joke.

it's true

whoa he is nowhere as good as GP was. AKA the glove

dont let the nostalgic feeling fool you. Paul>Payton....and Payton is one of my all-time favorites.

ccg34
12-08-2010, 05:03 AM
it's true

dont let the nostalgic feeling fool you. Paul>Payton....and Payton is one of my all-time favorites.

Don't you mean Paul>Payton of the Lakers and Heat? The truth is Paul<Payton of the Sonics. Payton was arguably even better than Stockton. He had Karl Malone his whole career. Payton didn't have a sidekick since Kemp left. He only had an out of shape Vin Baker.

Boozerguy47
12-08-2010, 06:17 AM

The only professional sports teams Seattle really cares about are the Seahawks and the Mariners, and those 2 teams combined haven't had the success the Sonics have in their history. It is a disgrace.

Wow, just wow. I'd love to see how you are coming up with these 'accusations'... Delete your account whenever you want.

Method28
12-08-2010, 06:41 AM
Don't you mean Paul>Payton of the Lakers and Heat? The truth is Paul<Payton of the Sonics. Payton was arguably even better than Stockton. He had Karl Malone his whole career. Payton didn't have a sidekick since Kemp left. He only had an out of shape Vin Baker.

No...I mean Paul>Payton period. I love GP, I really do, but Paul is just better imo. Payton only avg over 9 assists 1 time in his career. Paul gets the same amount of steals...Paul scores less but is more effiecient. Paul has never had the caliber of players GP had around him as well. Both great players but I feel Paul is the better pg.

This far into their careers.

Blazers#1Fan
12-08-2010, 07:01 AM

:facepalm:

seattle is a SPORTS town not just the mariners hawks town only time i'll see a hawks game is if there playing the eagles i love the mariners though! i like the Sonics but im a Blazers fan and i do miss the I-5 Rivalry i seen Portland and seattle fans fight back in the day thats how big of fans both sides have

SONICS have a better fan base then most teams ive been to the keyarena sonics vs blazers and i use to live at the rose garden and there fans are just as good as the other both loud crowds both die hard fans and both will fight for there teams does anybody remember the Sir-Mix-ALOT song that he made for the sonics? i go from portland to seattle from seattle to portland every weekend and i know my blazers and i know the sonics they are my #1 Team(Blazers) & #3 TEAM(SONICS) my #2 TEAM (BLAZERS) HAHAHAA

you know nothing i repeat NOTHING about fan base's!

KEY ARENA NEEDS TO BE FIXED UP A BIT BETTER PARKING BETTER INSIDE AND THEY WILL BE BACK THAT SHOULD COST $100-$200MILLI TO MAKE IT AMAZING LOOKING! to get the team back it should cost $300-$400MILL

Blazers#1Fan
12-08-2010, 07:03 AM
No...I mean Paul>Payton period. I love GP, I really do, but Paul is just better imo. Payton only avg over 9 assists 1 time in his career. Paul gets the same amount of steals...Paul scores less but is more effiecient. Paul has never had the caliber of players GP had around him as well. Both great players but I feel Paul is the better pg.

Payton>Paul anyday of the week!

payton didnt have alot of assist because he was the team after kemp left

Blazers#1Fan
12-08-2010, 07:06 AM

Evolution23
12-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I hope not New Orleans deserves the Hornets! They have a great city and could use a young team like the hornets for many years to come. They sould just move the Thunder back to Seattle!

Evolution23
12-08-2010, 08:21 AM
btw i miss the Seattle Supersonics

zB_#85
12-08-2010, 08:50 AM
He has 1.4Bil but to make it worth building a new arena he would have to have another sport like Hockey use it. Its kind of a dream though i doubt he will do it and i doubt there will ever be basketball because of Stern.

Makes to much sense for the team to move to KC or Anaheim they already have arenas.

Vegas wouldn't give a **** about a b-ball team. They are too busy with their gambling, drugs, and strippers. Kansas City has Kemper Arena and great fans. They will embrace a team the same way OKC fans embraced the Hornets a couple years back and now have embraced the Thunder. As bitter as Seattle fans are- the right move was made. They were loosing money in Seattle and they are making money in OKC. Bottom line- if they loved that team so much how come the games weren't selling out?

Mplsman
12-08-2010, 09:04 AM
I agree with a vegas team.

Method28
12-08-2010, 09:56 AM

Ok so what about when Kemp was there? :eyebrow:

Paul has been the Hornets team since he was drafted as well. Paul made David West a respectable PF. Even though hes one-dimensional and does nothing well but shoot a mid-range jumper and a baby hook.

tbone2171
12-08-2010, 10:33 AM

Yes..but Stern is the biggest scumbag of them all.

NateyB24
12-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Vegas wouldn't give a **** about a b-ball team. They are too busy with their gambling, drugs, and strippers. Kansas City has Kemper Arena and great fans. They will embrace a team the same way OKC fans embraced the Hornets a couple years back and now have embraced the Thunder. As bitter as Seattle fans are- the right move was made. They were loosing money in Seattle and they are making money in OKC. Bottom line- if they loved that team so much how come the games weren't selling out?

Ill say it again it was the arena the attendance wasn't bad it was just that the arena sucked.

Nwsports22
12-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Ill say it again it was the arena the attendance wasn't bad it was just that the arena sucked.

Agreed, the arena was terrible. No leg room between the seats, it was worse then seating on a airplane.

ccg34
12-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Agreed, the arena was terrible. No leg room between the seats, it was worse then seating on a airplane.

Doesn't Gay Bennett owe us some money for taking our team 2 years early from our arena contract?

thesparky33
12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Payton and CP3 played in 2 different eras of the NBA. Now, the rules favor guards, and assists are more loosely given (imo), whereas in the 90's when Payton was in his prime, it was all about your big man (Jordan was the only exception) and all about defense as well. Not as many points being scored either, so you have to take the pace of the game into account as well when comparing numbers.

Nwsports22
12-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Doesn't Gay Bennett owe us some money for taking our team 2 years early from our arena contract?

Probably. I cant remember anything for the deal that they set up.

NateyB24
12-09-2010, 03:22 PM

Yes but theres an expiration date on that if we don't get an arena built by a certain time we don't get the money.

I hope we get a basketball arena funded by Balmer but i don't see it happening anytime soon with a lockout coming.

LeQuit James
12-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Breaking news. The hornets are moving to akron ohio. The team is going to be made up of lebron haters. Bye bye n.o hornets, miama stinks!!!

mrblisterdundee
12-09-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.king5.com/sports/NBA-buys-Hornets-Seattle-potential-destination-111421374.html

If the Hornets decide to relocate, Seattle is a potential location. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, a long time basketball fan, recently sold more than a billion dollars in stock. Fans have suggested it was a sign Ballmer would make a move for a team. He declined comment on the Hornets sale through a spokesperson today.

My dream scenario would be sending the Thunder back to Seattle and sending the Hornets to OKC.

Your dream is dead. Oklahoma City might well turn into San Antonio, in respect to being a successful small-market team. The owner of any team coming to Seattle has to deal with being in an undersized arena for a while; Washingtonians have already bought baseball and football stadiums recently, both for mediocre teams. Having Steve Ballmer in on the deal is a plus, though; he doesn't want to leave Seattle.

mrblisterdundee
12-09-2010, 03:55 PM
You have to admit it is a catchy title though. CP3 can definitely be the face of Seattle like GP back in the 90's.

Maybe you should start sending Chris Paul a lot of flannel!

NateyB24
12-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Your dream is dead. Oklahoma City might well turn into San Antonio, in respect to being a successful small-market team. The owner of any team coming to Seattle has to deal with being in an undersized arena for a while; Washingtonians have already bought baseball and football stadiums recently, both for mediocre teams. Having Steve Ballmer in on the deal is a plus, though; he doesn't want to leave Seattle.

Our football team has actually been quite successful over this decade our baseball team is down in the dumps however.

Nowakm33
12-10-2010, 01:18 AM

Yes indeed. He will owe the city of Seattle $50 million if a new team is not in place by 2013

chonbon
12-10-2010, 01:51 AM
gary payton is a top 8 pg of all time... never compare him and chris paul again