PDA

View Full Version : Bartlett to the O's for Reimold

Tone091
12-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Can anybody comfirm this? Despite all the Lee rumors swirling, I guess GM's are working on other things.

AI
12-07-2010, 02:39 PM
bartlett for reimold talk heating up

a possible deal sending rays shortstop jason bartlett to the orioles for outfielder/first baseman nolan reimold is heating up, tweets dan connolly of the baltimore sun. He has one source who expects the trade to happen today.

The rays are one of few teams with a shortstop surplus, and bartlett may earn over $5mm in his last year before free agency. Reimold had a strong rookie season for baltimore in '09 but had a lost 2010.

m l b t r

F*(&"Next Year"
12-07-2010, 02:58 PM
I like the deal for both sides so I think it will get done. Reimold can add a bit of pop to the suddenly weak rays lineup, and I think bartlett can bounce back to being a good SS in BAL.

TheGiantYankee
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Reimold struggled badly but he was supposed to be a legit hitter, good trade Rays didn't want bartlett anymore.

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-07-2010, 03:36 PM
It would be a good idea for both teams. If the Rays are finally good to go ahead with Brignac then it's definitely a good trade. Bartlett would be good for the Orioles as well.

Kinsm
12-07-2010, 03:58 PM
December 7 at 1:26pm CST

The Rays are talking with the Orioles about Bartlett, and it's for more than Reimold, tweets Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times.

Coachchaz
12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I'd have a hard enough time giving up a young OF for a 31 year old SS that isnt much of an upgrade over our current SS on a 1 year rental...let alone adding more than Reimold to get it done. Give up a mid-level prospect or two and I'm okay. Otherwise, let the market for Bartlett simmer or look elsewhere.

McPhail doesnt usually make lopsided trades that provide little to no upgrade.

Eagles4Lyfe
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Wow not a bad deal for both because orioles do need a nice SS, But i think rays kinda win this deal a young guy still with upside who had a sophmore slump of a year

StriveGreatness
12-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Rays get the better end of the deal, imo.

TheRuckus
12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I'd have a hard enough time giving up a young OF for a 31 year old SS that isnt much of an upgrade over our current SS on a 1 year rental...let alone adding more than Reimold to get it done. Give up a mid-level prospect or two and I'm okay. Otherwise, let the market for Bartlett simmer or look elsewhere.

McPhail doesnt usually make lopsided trades that provide little to no upgrade.

Wow not a bad deal for both because orioles do need a nice SS, But i think rays kinda win this deal a young guy still with upside who had a sophmore slump of a year

Reimold's 27, and that "slump" was mostly due to an Achilles injury, which is the kind of injury that most guys never fully recover from. Even healthy, Reimold isn't better than Matt Joyce.

Bartlett's not great, but he's passable at a premium position. The Rays can and should get more than Reimold for him.

RTL
12-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Reimold had such an awful 2010 in both the minors and bigs, I don't know what to make of him yet but I do know Bartlett would be an upgrade over the automatic out Izturis.

Eagles4Lyfe
12-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Reimold's 27, and that "slump" was mostly due to an Achilles injury, which is the kind of injury that most guys never fully recover from. Even healthy, Reimold isn't better than Matt Joyce.

Bartlett's not great, but he's passable at a premium position. The Rays can and should get more than Reimold for him.

Man it used to be jokes seeing your sig and the sign him already, start one for vick now:p...
Your right, i forgot about his injury and its true its hard to rebound especially when you play in the OF and have all that room to try and cover, but for a guy who was expendable for them its like a buy low/ not a big risk anyways..
But i agree they should get something more which is what people are starting to say there are more pieces involved..

koldjerky
12-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Seems that the Rays want Alfredo Simon too.

That'd be a really good deal for the Rays.

cshort75
12-07-2010, 05:22 PM
The Orioles couldn't develop Werth so maybe sending Reimold to Tampa would be good for him. Bartlett however doesn't make sense to me (You don't hear any Ray's fans complaining he might be gone) he's a defensive downgrade compared with Izturis and the Oriloles aren't a losing team because the gold glove caliber ss isn't hitting. Got Reynolds rumored to be getting Bartlett talks Kawakami these are our acqustions meanwhile Red Sox get A Gonz I feel like a fan of a second class org.

Kelly Gruber
12-07-2010, 05:24 PM
People also forgetting that Bartlett had a pretty awful year last year too after a break-out 2009. Don't really like this move for the O's. Bartlett should not be seen as a long-term option at this point.

Good deal for the Rays if it goes through.

RTL
12-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Bartlett should not be seen as a long-term option at this point.

Neither should Izturis.

RTL
12-07-2010, 05:43 PM
(You don't hear any Ray's fans complaining he might be gone) he's a defensive downgrade compared with Izturis and the Oriloles aren't a losing team because the gold glove caliber ss isn't hitting.

That's because the Rays already have a good SS to replace him. And the O's definitely aren't winning because their GG caliber SS isn't hitting either.

tbone2171
12-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Funny that a couple of years ago, it looked like the Rays fleeced the Twins in the Delmon Young trade..

Dyna-sty
12-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Funny that a couple of years ago, it looked like the Rays fleeced the Twins in the Delmon Young trade..

They still have, they prefer the cheaper alternative.

AI
12-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Bartless to the O's for Reimold is not happening.

#Orioles considering other SS options with Bartlett deal on the rocks: trades for Brendan Ryan or JJ Hardy -- or signing FA Orlando Cabrera. 6 minutes ago via web Retweeted by 9 people

jaysonst
Jayson Stark

#Orioles Looks like OF Nolan Reimold is officially off the table, the Sun's Jeff Z has learned. Won't be going to Tampa. Likely nowhere 38 minutes ago via web Retweeted by 5 people

danconnollysun
Dan Connolly

Trade that would have sent Jason Bartlett from #Rays to #Orioles for Nolan Reimold falling apart. "Not happening," says one source. about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone Retweeted by 25 people

jaysonst
Jayson Stark

TheRuckus
12-07-2010, 07:24 PM

They did, Delmon Young still sucks at pretty much everything.

Matt Garza alone has been worth way more than Young over the last three years.

Twitchy
12-07-2010, 07:28 PM
They did, Delmon Young still sucks at pretty much everything.

Matt Garza alone has been worth way more than Young over the last three years.

It's pretty sad when we're not considering the trade anything but a complete rip off when the guy the Twins got posts an 800 OPS in his third season.

McJoe
12-07-2010, 07:43 PM

this

Lincecum4CY
12-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I really wanted bartlett :( But we aren't getting him
If this deal goes down then good deal for both side. I just hope SD doesnt swipe in and trade fro bartlett

Hopper15
12-07-2010, 09:15 PM
I really wanted bartlett :( But we aren't getting him
If this deal goes down then good deal for both side. I just hope SD doesnt swipe in and trade fro bartlett

The Rays want more in return than some people think.

Driven
12-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Trade talks are dead. I think it's a bad deal for Baltimore, anyways. Though Reimold may not play a role on the team, he has much more upside than Bartlett.