PDA

View Full Version : justin upton? name your team, where he fits or is needed

stlbest5in2013
12-06-2010, 02:30 PM
say he is likely to be traded. what team needs him, or what team could use him the most.

my pick is the phillies, they "may" need a right handed power bat, if they wanted to they could easily offer a good package around domininc brown for justin upton.

philadelphia

ruckus16969
12-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Red Sox and he fits our bill perfectly

metsfaninSTL
12-06-2010, 07:12 PM
cardinals just so we can talk about another dumb move they made.

Fred
12-06-2010, 08:37 PM
he would be good in philly...but, I prefer to make the deal without Brown attached if that is at all possible....having them as 2 of the 3 OF for years to come would be a goooood thing.....

...alas, the asking price for him is astronomical, so he won't likely be donning the phils red pinstripes any time soon...

The Jokemaker
12-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Arizona. Why trade a young OF with a very team friendly contract, keep him.

dtmagnet
12-06-2010, 09:09 PM
He isn't going anywhere, they are asking the world for him.

lvlheaded
12-06-2010, 09:47 PM
He wont be traded but I actually think he would be a great fit for the Yankees. An OF built around him and Grandy would be very very good.

Im a Met fan and would kill to see him in Citi but that wont happen...ever

Halopower31
12-07-2010, 12:34 AM
I can see him fitting perfect in Toranto, White Sox, Angels, and Detriot

OneManIsNoMan
12-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Red Sox and he fits our bill perfectly

^ This

samevans7
12-07-2010, 12:59 AM
It is almost a 0% chance Boston goes after Upton. With Kelly gone, its a lot harder. its rumored that boston might be the team that offered cliff lee 7 years. If he goes to boston, they might trade ellsbury+clay+doubrunt+exposito for upton

extremely unlikely however

Il Mago 7
12-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Toronto .

AI
12-07-2010, 01:03 AM
It is almost a 0% chance Boston goes after Upton. With Kelly gone, its a lot harder. its rumored that boston might be the team that offered cliff lee 7 years. If he goes to boston, they might trade ellsbury+clay+doubrunt+exposito for upton

extremely unlikely however

Unlikely we are the team and the trade even more unlikely. If we were to trade for Upton Clay would not be going.

Ellsbury, Doubront, Reddick, Pimentel & Bowden

That's a fair trade -

You don't trade your 2nd best pitcher for an unproven young OF that has only one good year under his belt.

OneManIsNoMan
12-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Unlikely we are the team and the trade even more unlikely. If we were to trade for Upton Clay would not be going.

That's a fair trade -

You don't trade your 2nd best pitcher for an unproven young OF that has only one good year under his belt.

I'd love to get Upton but what do you do about CF? I know it's a crazy and highly unlikely but would the Sox consider signing Crawford to replace Ellsbury speed on the bases? I'm not sure who the better defensive OF is but if it's Crawford it would be a HUGE upgrade in the OF.

Of course in my fantasy land we Sign Lee and trade for Upton lol

The_Jamal
12-07-2010, 04:26 AM
I'm pretty damn sure Upton would be a perfect fit on any team

bklynny67
12-07-2010, 05:17 AM
say he is likely to be traded. what team needs him, or what team could use him the most.

my pick is the phillies, they "may" need a right handed power bat, if they wanted to they could easily offer a good package around domininc brown for justin upton.

philadelphia

latest update says he is UNLIKELY to be traded. but like others said, every team can use a player like Upton. kinda strange to start a thread on this...