PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought about Steve Nash and possible trade suitors

TheBatchelor213
12-06-2010, 04:48 AM
Have not posted on here for awhile......but I love Nash....would love to see the guy get his championship too.....and it wont happen with the Suns...

the guy has 1-2 awesome yrs left I think and the two teams thats come to mind to me are....

1. The Knicks....Felton has played great but take on Nash....imo they are semi contenders now and if Walsh could work a miracle.....maybe have to sacrifice Dano....they could end up with Carmelo this season as well....talk about headlines.....problem is.....I cant work out the trades in my head for this to happen lol

2. The Clippers

Nash is making Warrick look like an all star.....Clippers already have all stars in place....give the Suns Baron Davis....D. Jordan and a 1st rounder.....immdiate contenders
1. Kaman
2. Griffin
3. Aminu
4. Gordon
5. Nash

wow.......not to mention that guidance Nash will give Bledsoe as his successor, the pressure Nash will take off Griffin as well as the easy dunks he will get Nash and Griffin and the open threes for Gordon, Butler, Aminu and Cook....how are they not contenders.....

hope this is left at the main page....really would like to get input

facebook.com/iambatch

THINKBLUE15
12-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Baron's contract is immovable imo

Duncan = Donkey
12-06-2010, 05:24 AM
Ok, there is no way PHX are trading Nash if Baron Davis is coming the other way. We dont want anymore bad contracts.

Dont want anyone from the Knicks for Nash.

PHX2daDEATH
12-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Suns would want a young big man, DeAndre Jordan over Anthony Randolph SO far..but Baron's contract is horrible..Suns will dangle Dudley or Richardson around the trade deadline...or even Clark and the trade exception..

CavsYanksDuke
12-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah, Baron has been out of shape for a while now. Clippers would have to dump him with a young talent to move that contract. He's not a plus anymore in the trade industry. They'd want Gordon fo sho. And that's way too steep for an older PG, even if Nash is a top 5 PG.

Gordon, with the right distributor, can be outstanding.

NYsFinest
12-06-2010, 09:40 AM
zero point for the Knicks to trade for Nash and zero chance the Suns disrespect Nash like that and send him to the worst team in the NBA for the last few years of his career.

todu82
12-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I think the Suns would trade Nash to a team like Atlanta that is 1 player away from being a serious contender.

nikeking711
12-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Is this Nash's final year on his contract?

j/m_ets
12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
heat should try to get him but they have no one to trade.. He would fix them as soon as he got there tho.

Sly Guy
12-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I think the Suns would trade Nash to a team like Atlanta that is 1 player away from being a serious contender.

I love bibby, but his time is clearly passed. Nash on ATL would be absolutely dangerous.

Rex-Raptorz
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Toronto's not winning a championship any time soon but heck we'd want captain Canada here and we have lots of potential trade bate -id trade Bargnani at this point

mnvikings28
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Have not posted on here for awhile......but I love Nash....would love to see the guy get his championship too.....and it wont happen with the Suns...

the guy has 1-2 awesome yrs left I think and the two teams thats come to mind to me are....

1. The Knicks....Felton has played great but take on Nash....imo they are semi contenders now and if Walsh could work a miracle.....maybe have to sacrifice Dano....they could end up with Carmelo this season as well....talk about headlines.....problem is.....I cant work out the trades in my head for this to happen lol

2. The Clippers

Nash is making Warrick look like an all star.....Clippers already have all stars in place....give the Suns Baron Davis....D. Jordan and a 1st rounder.....immdiate contenders
1. Kaman
2. Griffin
3. Aminu
4. Gordon
5. Nash

wow.......not to mention that guidance Nash will give Bledsoe as his successor, the pressure Nash will take off Griffin as well as the easy dunks he will get Nash and Griffin and the open threes for Gordon, Butler, Aminu and Cook....how are they not contenders.....

hope this is left at the main page....really would like to get input

facebook.com/iambatch

So you love Nash and want him to get a championship? How would he do it with the Knicks. The Suns tried the D'Antoni, Nash, Stoudemire experiment for years. Did it work? No. So how would it work in New York? And going to the Clippers would get him farther away from a shot at a championship.

Nash is going to retire a Sun because he is committed to that team. They are started to roll now and are 11-9 with a tough November schedule. They will fly under the radar(like they always do) and be a contending team in April.

Rex-Raptorz
12-06-2010, 11:54 AM
I love bibby, but his time is clearly passed. Nash on ATL would be absolutely dangerous.

Nash + Joe Johnson has already happen and it wont work this time either.

Rego247
12-06-2010, 12:10 PM
i dont about nash going to the knicks. i'd prefer to see him go to a contender (no offense knick fans), but i'd wonder at this point would the knicks want him?

they're playing really well with felton and amare, and they may continue to improve as the season progresses. curious to see what knick fans think about having nash.

Russollini
12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Carlos, JA, Haslem and anyone else other then the big 3 for Nash :) (wishful thinking I know)

bosscity
12-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I think Atlanta could use him. Bibby just doesnt get it done anymore and Nash could pick up some of the slack with Johnson out. Plus imagine the pick n roll game of Nash and Smith/Horford. That is scary!

Kashmir13579
12-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Carlos, JA, Haslem and anyone else other then the big 3 for Nash :) (wishful thinking I know)

so let me get this str8...... you like the YANKEES, and the HEAT.... nuff said.

on topic, i don't think he wants to be traded... but i said before the season started Nash would turn Warrick into an allstar caliber player. Nash has the ability to make everyone around him better, and i honestly see him continuing to do that in pheonix.

Giraffes Rule
12-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Nash would not make the Knicks or the Clippers contenders. They're no where near being among the elite right now.

Kashmir13579
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Nash would not make the Knicks or the Clippers contenders. They're no where near being among the elite right now.

the Knicks would be as good or better than the Suns have been. no doubt it my mind. its a moot point though, a trade to the Knicks likely would never happen.

xbrackattackx
12-06-2010, 02:34 PM
so let me get this str8...... you like the YANKEES, and the HEAT.... nuff said.

x2

Raph12
12-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I thought Nash was off the market?...

heyman321
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Trade him to Orlando. Dominant PG and Dominant Center is a proven formula.

Magic dont' need Nelson and Carter anywyas!

Lim
12-06-2010, 06:53 PM
nash is seriously ******** if he doesnt demand a trade.. he aint winning no championship with that squad in PHX

cheetos185
12-06-2010, 06:54 PM
maybe 2 weeks ago i would trade felton for nash but not now felton has been doing well and he plays defense compared to nash beside offense isn't knicks problem it's defense at C position

raptor fan
12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
if he was going to be dealt, orlando would be the best fit.

Orlando trades: Jameer Nelson, Vince Carter and Daniel Orton
Orlando gets: Steve Nash, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Barron

Phoenix gets rid of turkoglu's horrible contract, and bring in useful talent in nelson and carter (so they can still compete this season). Orton is a young big with some potential.

Orlando does this trade because it would instantly put them back into the conversation of legitimate title contenders. Nash and Howard would be a dynamic duo, and although turkoglu is playing poorly right now, he did play well in orlando before (but he's just in the deal as a salary dump).

PG: Nash/Duhon/J.Williams
SG: Q.Richardson/Reddick/
SF: Turkoglu/Pietrus
PF: Lewis/Bass/Anderson/M.Allen
C: Howard/Gortat/Barron

that'd be an upgrade over what they have.

*Silver&Black*
12-06-2010, 07:52 PM

me likey!:clap:

central2003
12-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Nash needs to be traded to a contender. That way PHX gets some draft picks and fillers, also it would be their way of thanking Nash for his hard work and loyalty to that team. Nash would get finally what he deserves a chance at a championship before he retires. He should be traded to Orlando where he would make that team very dangerous then they already are.

Bishnoff
12-06-2010, 08:07 PM
You guys do realise that for Nash to be traded the following would need to occur:

1. Nash requests a trade;
2. The Suns’ FO decide to blow up the team;
3. The Suns get offered a crazy deal, and by crazy I mean young talent, picks, and a dominant PF/C who can rebound and defend the paint;
4. The Suns can offload some of their bad contracts in the process; and
5. Nash actually wants to go to the team that has offered the above mentioned trade.

The chances of all these things happening is so remote that it’s barely worth discussing.

Bishnoff
12-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Nash needs to be traded to a contender. That way PHX gets some draft picks and fillers, also it would be their way of thanking Nash for his hard work and loyalty to that team. Nash would get finally what he deserves a chance at a championship before he retires. He should be traded to Orlando where he would make that team very dangerous then they already are.

Phoenix do not want late 1st round picks for their two time MVP. NBA organisations are a business, not a charity. Nash has already said that he's not chasing a ring.

Giraffes Rule
12-06-2010, 08:13 PM
the Knicks would be as good or better than the Suns have been. no doubt it my mind. its a moot point though, a trade to the Knicks likely would never happen.

As good as the Suns would be 8th place in the west right now. That's not a contender. A contender is a team that could win the championship, and there are few teams that are a Steve Nash away from winning the it.

Slimsim
12-06-2010, 08:27 PM
You guys do realise that for Nash to be traded the following would need to occur:

2. The Suns’ FO decide to blow up the team;
3. The Suns get offered a crazy deal, and by crazy I mean young talent, picks, and a dominant PF/C who can rebound and defend the paint;
5. Nash actually wants to go to the team that has offered the above mentioned trade.

The chances of all these things happening is so remote that it’s barely worth discussing.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=32xofxv

and a pick ?

This make NJ and Legit playoff team

Avery Johnson might actually start crying

|x-M1NTy-x|
12-06-2010, 08:30 PM

2. The Sunsí FO decide to blow up the team;

The chances of all these things happening is so remote that itís barely worth discussing.

I second this:clap:

Blazers#1Fan
12-06-2010, 08:40 PM

let me guess patriots/steelers or jets

SensandRaps
12-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Toronto's not winning a championship any time soon but heck we'd want captain Canada here and we have lots of potential trade bate -id trade Bargnani at this point

:facepalm:good thing you arent the gm of the raptors, i say the heat make a strong push for him and maybe the magic also if they want more experience at the pg position

thedfactor
12-06-2010, 09:11 PM
The Clippers would be cool with Nash, but for Nash it's like he'd be starting over again. However, I do think with him on the Clippers they actually make the playoffs. Call me crazy, but having Kaman, Griffin, Aminu or Butler, and Gordon with him he'd make them respectable.

Clippers with Nash are better than Suns with Nash at this current state.

The best place for Nash to go though is to the Orlando Magic. I saw someone post an awesome trade idea where the Suns send Steve Nash, Grant Hill, and Hedo Turkoglu to Orlando for Jameer Nelson, Marcin Gortat, Michael Pietrus, and pick(s).

HouRealCoach
12-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Nelson, Pietrus, Gortat, First Rounder, Future Second Rounder for Nash, Turkgolu, Hill

Then trade Orton, Williams, Second Rounder for Jason Thompson

D12/ Thompson
Bass/ Anderson/ Allen
Hedo/ Hill/ Richardson
VC/ Redick
Nash/ Duhon

I know Lewis gets paid alot but he is nothing more than a bench player... Let D12, Nash, and Hedo run the squad

Nash will make Howard and Carter better... Hedo will do his thing... Nash and Dwight duo will also open up for Richardson, Redick, Anderson so they will all shoot in the 40s from 3

Not to mention you have Bass, Thompson, and Hill who are all solid players

Thats a championship team

heyman321
12-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Nelson, Pietrus, Gortat, First Rounder, Future Second Rounder for Nash, Turkgolu, Hill

Then trade Orton, Williams, Second Rounder for Jason Thompson

D12/ Thompson
Bass/ Anderson/ Allen
Hedo/ Hill/ Richardson
VC/ Redick
Nash/ Duhon

I know Lewis gets paid alot but he is nothing more than a bench player... Let D12, Nash, and Hedo run the squad

Nash will make Howard and Carter better... Hedo will do his thing... Nash and Dwight duo will also open up for Richardson, Redick, Anderson so they will all shoot in the 40s from 3

Not to mention you have Bass, Thompson, and Hill who are all solid players

Thats a championship team

Wow that's a good trade! In bizzaro fantasy land. Surely they wouldn't let Carter NOT be a part of the trade.

heatking
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Steve Nash to Miami for Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers

Lim
12-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Steve Nash to Miami for Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers

u r kidding right?

Bishnoff
12-06-2010, 11:59 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=32xofxv

and a pick ?

This make NJ and Legit playoff team

Avery Johnson might actually start crying

Yep, it would have to be something as drastic as this.

TheBatchelor213
12-07-2010, 12:57 AM
So you love Nash and want him to get a championship? How would he do it with the Knicks. The Suns tried the D'Antoni, Nash, Stoudemire experiment for years. Did it work? No. So how would it work in New York? And going to the Clippers would get him farther away from a shot at a championship.

Nash is going to retire a Sun because he is committed to that team. They are started to roll now and are 11-9 with a tough November schedule. They will fly under the radar(like they always do) and be a contending team in April.

I think the Knicks would be contenders IF they could get both Nash and Carmelo.....big if but.......I think they would be favorites with Nash, Melo and Amare....and they do have a few pieces....but I dont know how to work it out.

TheBatchelor213
12-07-2010, 01:01 AM
maybe 2 weeks ago i would trade felton for nash but not now felton has been doing well and he plays defense compared to nash beside offense isn't knicks problem it's defense at C position

Is Curry going to even play this year? Whats up with that guy?

king4day
12-07-2010, 01:52 AM
If the Suns were to deal with Miami, I'd want 3 first rounders starting with the 2020 pick and then every other year from there.

blahblahyoutoo
12-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Ok, there is no way PHX are trading Nash if Baron Davis is coming the other way. We dont want anymore bad contracts.

Dont want anyone from the Knicks for Nash.

it's mutual. the knicks don't want/need nash.

TheBatchelor213
12-07-2010, 06:04 AM
the more the knicks win....the more likely it is that they will trade for nash, melo, or both.....especially with paul seemingly off the market due to the nba taking control of the hornets

Duncan = Donkey
12-07-2010, 06:22 AM

I really hope you mean this Suns team, and not Nash's other Sun's teams. Because there is no way on earth Nash plus this Knicks team is better than Nash and Past Suns teams.

Duncan = Donkey
12-07-2010, 07:27 AM
it's mutual. the knicks don't want/need nash.

Dantoni would suck Shaq and Big Baby off for Nash.

But he doesnt make the FO decisions for knicks though. You guys would definitely be a much better team with Nash though. But your right you dont need him you are building for the future.

Finny
12-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Nash is great and the Suns is His team.The Knicks is Stat's team He is the leader and as a fan I don't want Nash,I think it would mess up what Stat is building, there can only be one. The Suns one was Nash that is why Stat's on the Knicks, Stat wanted to lead and the Sun's let Him go.Just look at the Heat who is there leader?

king4day
12-07-2010, 10:42 AM
I think the Knicks would be contenders IF they could get both Nash and Carmelo.....big if but.......I think they would be favorites with Nash, Melo and Amare....and they do have a few pieces....but I dont know how to work it out.

They won't have enough pieces to get both via trade unless it's a 3-5 team trade. The only guy I would have wanted from NY is Randolph and he's looking more and more like he doesn't have a career as a star in the league.

king4day
12-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Nash is great and the Suns is His team.The Knicks is Stat's team He is the leader and as a fan I don't want Nash,I think it would mess up what Stat is building, there can only be one. The Suns one was Nash that is why Stat's on the Knicks, Stat wanted to lead and the Sun's let Him go.Just look at the Heat who is there leader?

The owner was too cheap to offer him guaranteed money. If Sarver says, "we'll give you max guaranteed", then Amar'e is still playing in Phoenix right now. It had nothing at all to do with being the main guy or leader. He was the #1 option with us.

TheBatchelor213
12-09-2010, 04:23 AM
imo NASH AND Melo on Knicks makes them instant contenders even if they give up Dano, Chandler, and expiring contract of Curry and future pick......just my opinion....and in regards to the Antoine Walker trade....they can sign Walker....Nash makes everyone a star and brings the best out in everybody.