PDA

View Full Version : What should the Portland Trail-Blazers do? Should they rebuild?

JordansBulls
12-05-2010, 09:42 PM
With the Greg Oden situation and now the Brandon Roy situation and also with them being on a 6 game losing streak, what do you think management should start doing with the team? Does it make sense to start making trades and thinking about rebuilding? Or what do you think makes the most sense for the Blazers now?

Chacarron
12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
How would they rebuild? They already have a young team. It's a shame they can't be healthy.

ClipperfanKevin
12-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Should they accept their role as villains?

Sactown
12-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Trade for MELO IMO
let Roy be a roll player and not have to carry such a huge load

DeyAce
12-05-2010, 09:50 PM
trade rudy to us for jj and 1st

KnicksorBust
12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
They should have traded all their young assets when they had the chance a few years ago... ::cough::THUNDER ::cough:: ... Now they're stuck in limbo. Too good to get anyone in the draft and not good enough to make a playoff run.

Kyben36
12-05-2010, 10:01 PM
I think they where in a great possision, and now in a bad one, they held onto alot of their yougn players too long, guys like Rudy who had tons of trade value now have none, guys got hurt like Oden and Roy, I think its time for them to think about it, or at least trying to take what is left of their assets and get another allstar for them. maybe something along the lines of Batum Rudy picks for Melo, ( not exactly ) but they need to do something cause they are on a bad path.

Lakers4ItAll
12-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Melo seems to be a good idea, they deff have the pieces

DoMeFavors
12-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Trading Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw for Camby wasnt a great move by them, injuries nailed them right in the head. They still have Roy who isnt a top 20 player but still a great scorer.

heathonater
12-06-2010, 12:38 AM
its going to be tought to make signifcant moves for this team since most of their salary cap was used up with roy and aldridge's deals. for better or worse, this will be the roster portland has for a few years. the most important decision this offseason for them is deciding whether oden should be retained. personally, i would give him a low risk one year deal since he's still really young and if he gets injured again, the blazers can cut ties after the one year deal.

The_Jamal
12-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Should they accept their role as villains?

:laugh:

winner

drobe86
12-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Blazers should look at trading the Mavs Brandon Roy. We've got 2 good expiring and we got picks/cash....

Dade County
12-06-2010, 12:58 AM
I don't think that Melo will sign the extension with portland; so I don't see them getting him. But I do think they should try to build a team of sub-stars.

goblazers7
12-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Ya

Blazers#1Fan
12-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Blazers should look at trading the Mavs Brandon Roy. We've got 2 good expiring and we got picks/cash....

:facepalm:

hell no!

Raps18-19 Champ
12-06-2010, 01:04 AM
They probably should. Roy looks like he's struggling sometimes on the court.

They should probably rebuild and trade Roy right now before the effects on his knee looks worse.

Blazers#1Fan
12-06-2010, 01:05 AM
trade Batum,Rudy,cunningham and miller + 2 1st picks(POR/N.O.) for a good PG Jennings

Raps18-19 Champ
12-06-2010, 01:17 AM
I can see NY trying for him. They got someone like W. Chandler to give up.

Roy and Amare would look sick.

jkcronyn
12-06-2010, 01:34 AM
roy the next tmac? i think so!

Blazers#1Fan
12-06-2010, 03:41 AM
I can see NY trying for him. They got someone like W. Chandler to give up.

Roy and Amare would look sick.

your drunk huh they offered chandler for Rudy fernandez lol we turned it down Matthews is better then chandler anyway

Blazers#1Fan
12-06-2010, 03:47 AM
roy the next tmac? i think so!

i say no his knees wont be to bad until he retires then he'll need a knee replcement

tmac was a dunker roy has never been a dunker roy will turn into a spot shooter like Ray Allen

i see Aldridge & Roy a poor mans version of a Slow developed Garnett & a better Allen all we need now is a Rondo/Pierce/Perkins and a new coach to bad byron scotts coach of the cavs

SluggeR
12-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Re-hire Kevin Pritchard. The roy thing really hurts, because he just signed his extension and who is going to give up the farm for damaged goods on a very expensive contract.

Blazers#1Fan
12-06-2010, 04:34 AM
Re-hire Kevin Pritchard. The roy thing really hurts, because he just signed his extension and who is going to give up the farm for damaged goods on a very expensive contract.

this X900 Billion

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-06-2010, 04:43 AM
trade Batum,Rudy,cunningham and miller + 2 1st picks(POR/N.O.) for a good PG Jennings

hahaha no thanks dont think so milwaukee is tryin to put together a playoff push right now n make a run n brandons one of if not the biggest piece to it besides were at 15 players right now n with that trade we would have to cut another 3 which isnt going to happen
that trade would only add depth which last time i checked the bucks had

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-06-2010, 04:45 AM
although u prob are portlands number 1 fan dreaming of stuff like that haha dont worry i might be the best bucks fan cause i can think of a trade with us landing kobe nash griffin melo n howard hahaha

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-06-2010, 04:45 AM
another reason is those first round picks will be later picks being portlands and hornets both teams will have good records

JPHX
12-06-2010, 05:14 AM
They need to trade for a new medical staff. but the suns are definitely in need of Camby's services. Suns med staff for Camby sounds like a good trade.

millerandco
12-06-2010, 05:27 AM
rebuild?? are you crazy

a team looses a couple of games and u suggest rebuild????

we're a young team that is going to have trouble periods at times. especially after roy and oden have partly demoralized the team. however i wouldn't rebuild the only thing i think we need to look at is a different center, how long can we keep camby for realistically?

and hell no we dont trade roy

sep11ie
12-06-2010, 05:36 AM
I knew it when i opened this. I just knew this was a JB thread.

Rex-Raptorz
12-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Portland= Aldridge... mediocre and with flashy stats that make them look better then they are. Guys like Brandon roy and Danny granger aren't people you build around . Aldridge is a crappy Chris Bosh and Bosh is already crappy !! They have no all stars on their team .They're a team full of 6 man like the raptors a few years back. Get guys from Detroit,Milwaukee , Charlotte ,Washington, Philly and G-sate that have all star potential ( Charlie V , Bogut, Brandon j , Stuckey , Gerald Wallace , iggy, JaVal McGee , Gilbert, Augustin,Curry and Monta) or even just Star role players like ( Stephen Jackson, Tayshan, Rip, Dorell Wright and Elton Brand) for all their young players. Being in neutral sucks but they've arrive there.

MaHaRaJaH
12-06-2010, 01:56 PM
rebuild?? are you crazy

we're a young team that is going to have trouble periods at times. especially after roy and oden have partly demoralized the team. however i wouldn't rebuild the only thing i think we need to look at is a different center, how long can we keep camby for realistically?

Slash and rebuild a young team makes Perfect sense.

millerandco
12-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Portland= Aldridge... mediocre and with flashy stats that make them look better then they are. Guys like Brandon roy and Danny granger aren't people you build around . Aldridge is a crappy Chris Bosh and Bosh is already crappy !! They have no all stars on their team .They're a team full of 6 man like the raptors a few years back. Get guys from Detroit,Milwaukee , Charlotte ,Washington, Philly and G-sate that have all star potential ( Charlie V , Bogut, Brandon j , Stuckey , Gerald Wallace , iggy, JaVal McGee , Gilbert, Augustin,Curry and Monta) or even just Star role players like ( Stephen Jackson, Tayshan, Rip, Dorell Wright and Elton Brand) for all their young players. Being in neutral sucks but they've arrive there.

please tell me your joking with suggestions of taking players like charlie v or rip hamilton....

OGMarkWahlberg
12-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Rebuild around Aldridge, resign Oden with the MLE and hope for the best with roy...i doubt any1 will even consider his contract if he will never be 100% healthy

KingPosey
12-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Trading Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw for Camby wasnt a great move by them, injuries nailed them right in the head. They still have Roy who isnt a top 20 player but still a great scorer.

that was an excellent move for them for that season. Camby, while injury prone, provided a lot of stability. Plus blake being gone opened up more room for A Mil, who is just a lot better to begin with.

Blazers#1Fan
12-06-2010, 03:09 PM
although u prob are portlands number 1 fan dreaming of stuff like that haha dont worry i might be the best bucks fan cause i can think of a trade with us landing kobe nash griffin melo n howard hahaha

another reason is those first round picks will be later picks being portlands and hornets both teams will have good records

i was suggesting a PG like Jennings! and jennings aint compared to none of those players! thats why the team fell off! bogut hurt jennings not playing team ball

portland will probably be a teens but hopefully a high pick N.O. will be in the early 20's they aint goin far in the playoffs(no disrespect N.O. Fans)

tangent12
12-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Wtf is this.

Mplsman
12-06-2010, 05:21 PM

Keep dreaming...

twoearl
12-06-2010, 05:24 PM
They should have traded all their young assets when they had the chance a few years ago... ::cough::THUNDER ::cough:: ... Now they're stuck in limbo. Too good to get anyone in the draft and not good enough to make a playoff run.

^^^^ This. They need to let it go. The whole "we're young and up and coming is over". They need to start shopping everyone except Aldridge.

zambo4president
12-06-2010, 05:43 PM
It'd be more of a re-tooling if anything I think. How do you re-build one of the youngest teams? Id keep Roy and trade some of their more expendable players for another prime time player to compliment Roy, preferably a big. I mean Roy and Aldridge is a great young start already, if they stopped priding their lesser players so much, and added a Melo or a Marc Gasol they'd be in a better position, at least on paper.

JordansBulls
12-06-2010, 08:40 PM
rebuild?? are you crazy

When your two best players are injured you have to consider it.

JordansBulls
12-09-2010, 08:07 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/26323465?source=rss_blogs_NBA

ē With the Trail Blazers' obvious struggles and the health challenges (that's putting it mildly) of Greg Oden and Brandon Roy, two people with knowledge of the team's strategy told CBSSports.com that Portland management is contemplating trading older players and going young. The obvious targets for such a purge would be Marcus Camby (36), Andre Miller (34), and Joel Przybilla (31). Roy isnít old, but his knees are -- though one of the sources said Portland would find no takers for the five years and $82.3 million remaining on Roy's contract, given the state of his meniscus-less knees. Przybilla ($7.4 million expiring contract) and Miller (whose $7.8 million salary in 2011-12 is fully non-guaranteed) are eminently moveable. Another candidate to be dealt, though not because of age or health, is Rudy Fernandez, who has wanted out of Portland for some time. Sources caution that the Blazers have engaged in only internal conversations about this strategy, and it is contingent upon the team (10-11) continuing to struggle. But the writing certainly is on the wall for major changes in Portland.

DLeeicious
12-09-2010, 08:10 PM
They should shed salary, use excess funds to hire time machine researchers/builders. Build a time machine. Go back and pass on Oden.

SNYmets86
12-09-2010, 08:33 PM
i will gladly take joel Przybilla knicks need a center

topdog
12-09-2010, 08:51 PM
They should not freak out and let their players get healthy. The bottom of the West playoff picture isn't looking so hot this year, so it's not going to be that hard to get in.

Andre Miller was a stupid signing though for sure. I know they wanted to get a player while they had money but meh.

JordansBulls
12-09-2010, 11:15 PM
I'll take Camby for the Bulls.