PDA

View Full Version : Andrew McCutchen

MetsLegacy
12-05-2010, 12:38 PM
As the Pittsburgh Pirates continue their seemingly endless streak of rebuilding, they have a top stud on their hands who could bring in a huge return. He isn't arbitration eligible until 2013 and most, if not all, know about his talent.

While it's an unlikely scenario that Pittsburgh would trade McCutchen now, it probably wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if a team came knocking with 3-4 top prospects and a major league ready player.

Would your team need/want McCutchen? Do you think he'll end up as a superstar? What would your team give up for him?

dodgersuck
12-05-2010, 12:53 PM
They have no reason to trade him. He is going to be the face of their franchise.

ccugrad1
12-05-2010, 12:55 PM
He'll be in Pittsburgh until arbitration. Then, watch out!

GeekInThePink
12-05-2010, 12:59 PM
As a Blue Jays fan we don't really need him now we have Rajai Davis, all though he'd be an upgrade, it'd be pointless to acquire him because of his monumental price tag.

northsider
I mean if they are going to ever start to contend this guy has got to be part of the team to do it.

Lou Holtz Lisp
3-4 top prospects AND a major league ready player? That could get a better player then Mccutchen. I'd give 2 top 5 prospects and a major league ready player but not 4 top prospects.

boomheadshot45
They won't trade him. They're building around him, Tabata, and Alvarez.

DodgerBlue8188
12-05-2010, 01:04 PM
They've been rebuilding for years. It's time they start keeping guys like him.

hineswardfan
12-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I hope they keep him he's my favorite player by far...

SenecaValley46
12-05-2010, 01:17 PM
:laugh: if they trade him the city will completely kill off the pirates from memory as if they do not exist, if not boycott the entire upcoming season

Brave4life
12-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Thats what we all thought about Nate Mclouth

Apparently he was "supposed" the face of the Pirates franchise, and now he is nothing but a scrub. I still cant believe he went from all-star player in 2008 + gold glover to a .190 major league hitter in 2010 w/ mediocre defense.

I take that back, i forgot about Jeff Francouer (but atleast his defense was still legit)

As for Mcutchen, yeah i would want him but not for the prospects/players they want

Tomahawk27
12-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Trust me, the Pirates are not trading him. He is the best player on this team and we are building arund him

WVNowitzki
12-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Yea, we finally have a promising nucleus in Cutch, Alvarez, WALKER, and Tabata. I emphasis Neil Walker because his story is fantastic growing up in Pittsburgh and wanting to bring winning back to the Buccos.

We also just got 3 stud pitching prospects in the most recent draft and have an incredible Double A Altoona Curve pitching staff thats on the up and up.

Seriously in the next 2 -3 years, watch out for the Pirates to def be over .500 and maybe even pushing wildcard

Jilly Bohnson
12-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Believe it or not the Pirates are actually making progress with their team. Their farm is strong and that's with the graduations of Alvarez and Tabata. They're about 3 years away from being a very good young team. They'll graduate a bunch of guys over the next two years, and then from 2013 on is when they'll start to improve and compliment those guys from the outside. As a Cubs fan I'm more worried about the Pirates in the non-immediate future than any other team in the NL Central. And for that reason, it's important they keep Mccutchen as long as possible while the other guys get their feet wet, and also since his last season or two there will be when the Pirates are ideally competitive again.

Giraffes Rule
12-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't think they should start trading away their players, but it seems like we have this discussion every few years. They have a group of promising players, but end up not being able to put together a winning season and trade them all away.

Personally I'm hoping that trend stops. I'd really like to see the Pirates start having success.

Dyna-sty
12-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Their owner is willing to spend, as evidenced by bidding on De La Rosa, so he's not going anywhere.

WVNowitzki
12-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Well Huntington has got to do something. They secretly extended Russel and him to extra years, then when the general public caught wind, called for Russell's head due to lack of seemingly any emotion towards the ball club, despite the too little too late effort towards the end of the year. Oh and don't forget about that leaked revenue report earlier in the year that showed just how much they have been profiting.

So Neil is on the hot seat in my opinion. He's got to start spending, acquire some mid to top tier free agents, or at least a solid potential ace and let the rest of this younger group develop a bit.

We are heading the right way, just get some pitching and a solid position player or two and we can really compete in my eyes.