PDA

View Full Version : Are the Dallas Mavericks good enough to come out of the West and Win it all this year

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
12-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Are the Dallas Mavericks good enough to come out of the West and Win it all this year?

They have a good starting lineup and probably a top 3 bench in the league this year.

iggypop123
12-05-2010, 01:33 AM
too early. they dont even have beabouis yet. the lakers if healthy are pretty much a lock to get out of the west anyways.

bigsams50
12-05-2010, 01:38 AM
I think they are. They're insanely deep, and Dirk is still the best PF in the game

Hustlenomics
12-05-2010, 01:39 AM
No.

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 01:41 AM
We dont even have Roddy Buckets yet and were 16-4, and he is our starting SG

Were a defensive team this year (unlike the past), that's why were winning so much against the top teams in the NBA

I think the Mavs and Spurs have just as good of a chance as the Lakers to come out

but thats about it IMO

CBCable
12-05-2010, 01:42 AM
here we go...

justinnum1
12-05-2010, 01:43 AM
No

John Walls Era
12-05-2010, 01:55 AM
I picked them for 4 straight years... the first year: they were going into midseason killling teams, but then they trade away Devin Harris. last year: Their team looked great with Butler, Marion and Haywood as key additions. This year: Jumping off the bandwagon.

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 01:59 AM
I picked them for 4 straight years... the first year: they were going into midseason killling teams, but then they trade away Devin Harris. last year: Their team looked great with Butler, Marion and Haywood as key additions. This year: Jumping off the bandwagon.

THis is the very first year ever the mavs are a defensive team

Look at all the teams we beat, half of them are elite teams (Jazz, Celtics, Spurs, Thunder, Heat, Hawks)

We finally learned we need defense if were gonna make another run and its working so far for us

tangent12
12-05-2010, 02:00 AM
No. They've always shown signs of being a threat... just to suck bananas and get embarrassed come playoff time. Story of their life.

CBCable
12-05-2010, 02:01 AM

They were not killing teams by mid-season the year Harris was traded. To say we were struggling would be kind.

Rego247
12-05-2010, 02:02 AM
im gonna say no.

Blazers#1Fan
12-05-2010, 02:07 AM
i think this is there year the west isnt deep besides LA i think Dal has the best team out of them all they have alot of depth

Jenceman
12-05-2010, 02:09 AM
They're a contender until May rolls around.

ChiSox219
12-05-2010, 02:10 AM
No, but they have a lot of nice trade chips and could make a move to make themselves a legitimate threat.

SouthSideRookie
12-05-2010, 02:11 AM
I swear I thought this thread was a BUMP from back in the day, smh.

Ebbs
12-05-2010, 02:12 AM
I have to say looking at our play of late, we are playing really good on both sides of the ball.

What that will amount to later in the year is yet to be determined but the future seems promising.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-05-2010, 02:21 AM
No. It's been said almost every year. But it seems that they choke during the playoffs.

mjt20mik
12-05-2010, 02:24 AM
No. It's been said almost every year. But it seems that they choke during the playoffs.

This.

Their roster, and coaching staff is solid. They just can't seem to put it into a championship.

Sadds The Gr8
12-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Nope. Choke time comes May, not now.

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Nope. Choke time comes May, not now.

Coming from a raptors fan

shep33
12-05-2010, 02:38 AM
They're solid... I'm a Laker fan so I'm biased, but the two teams that can challenge us out west, Dallas and San Antonio. Dallas vs San Antonio would go 7 for sure.

shep33
12-05-2010, 02:43 AM
I know a lot of people say that Beaubois hasn't played yet, but we can say the samething about a lot of teams... ie. the Lakers without Bynum, Celts without Perkins, Heat without Miller.

Mavs are solid though. Interesting matchup with the Lakers though...
-Pau, LO, Bynum vs. Dirk, Chandler, Haywood. Nice matchup.

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 02:44 AM
They're solid... I'm a Laker fan so I'm biased, but the two teams that can challenge us out west, Dallas and San Antonio. Dallas vs San Antonio would go 7 for sure.

Finally a realist

Mavrix
12-05-2010, 02:47 AM
This team is definately different from past teams, but as a Mav fan i'm going to stay humble and let my teams play do the talking. This defense is unlike the past. Looks like flipping Dampier's contract for Chandler was a great choice.

shep33
12-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Finally a realist

I'll say this though, I really think Chandler is key on that team. He can probably guard Pau better than Dirk or Haywood, so if he gets hurt that's a big problem... hopefully he doesn't though.

GoatMilk
12-05-2010, 02:59 AM
^so who guards Bynum, Dirk?

i think if they have homecourt, and they catch lighting in a bottle, then they can beat the lakers
if Pau is tired, Bynum hobbling, Kobe still shooting horribly,etc

shep33
12-05-2010, 03:05 AM

I think Pau will guard Dirk, and Drew will be on Chandler... however, once LO comes in the game, it switches that up, so Chandler will see a lot of Pau.

thedfactor
12-05-2010, 03:06 AM
I'm not a fan of Mavs threads in the NBA forum first off. Mavericks definitely playing great basketball at the moment. To talk about them winning the west and/or the championship is getting ahead of things.

Chandler has made a huge impact on the team defense, but I know as a Mavs fan changes happen here and there with us all the time.

Taking it game by game. Only way to prove we're for real is to win come playoff time.

shep33
12-05-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm not a fan of Mavs threads in the NBA forum first off. Mavericks definitely playing great basketball at the moment. To talk about them winning the west and/or the championship is getting ahead of things.

Chandler has made a huge impact on the team defense, but I know as a Mavs fan changes happen here and there with us all the time.

Taking it game by game. Only way to prove we're for real is to win come playoff time.

I think this post is spot on. We know Dallas is a great regular season team, but we all need to see how it unfolds in the playoffs. Very well put man.

mjt20mik
12-05-2010, 03:20 AM

Raptors are terrible. We can admit that. History has shown that your team in the past has choked in the playoffs. If they can prove everyone wrong this year and win it all, good for them. Till then, history speaks for itself.

Mavrix
12-05-2010, 03:26 AM

i think if they have homecourt, and they catch lighting in a bottle, then they can beat the lakers
if Pau is tired, Bynum hobbling, Kobe still shooting horribly,etc

So who guards Dirk, Bynum?

Chandler/Haywood guard Bynum. Simple.

skiflyer
12-05-2010, 03:41 AM
They look really good right now. As a Lakers fan, they have my attention!

Avenged
12-05-2010, 03:50 AM
I stopped believing in them last season for the major disappointment they provided their fans.. I have always believed they were legit title contenders every single season that they been at the top.. but this year, not so much. All they have to do is make some noise in the playoffs to get some respect, but you can't blame us for not respecting them when they always let each other down in the first place. I actually hope they make a good run, we still need to see a Lakers vs. Mavs playoff series. :nod:

Sadds The Gr8
12-05-2010, 03:53 AM

don't worry i know my raptors ****ing suck...but that doesnt change that the Mavs always fail in the playoffs. I'll be shocked if anyone but LA comes outta the west

tangent12
12-05-2010, 03:58 AM
Raptors are terrible. We can admit that. History has shown that your team in the past has choked in the playoffs. If they can prove everyone wrong this year and win it all, good for them. Till then, history speaks for itself.

Awesome post.

John Walls Era
12-05-2010, 03:58 AM
THis is the very first year ever the mavs are a defensive team

Look at all the teams we beat, half of them are elite teams (Jazz, Celtics, Spurs, Thunder, Heat, Hawks)

We finally learned we need defense if were gonna make another run and its working so far for us

I recall the Mavs trying to play better D in the past with Avery. Devin Harris was highly touted as a PG that is good on D and can stay in front of his man.

That being said, numbers don't lie. Great d. efficiency and 2nd in points allowed defensively. However, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon to look like a fool in front of my friends again.

Chacarron
12-05-2010, 04:03 AM
It's a shame they'll lose to the Spurs in the playoffs again.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-05-2010, 05:03 AM
So who guards Dirk, Bynum?

Chandler/Haywood guard Bynum. Simple.

We have Odom you know;)

But where's that cocky mavs fan who said they're lock to the finals.:laugh2:
I want to hear his opinion.

Spurred1
12-05-2010, 05:17 AM
These threads are the epitome of idiocy, JB. Yeah, they're playing great-but it is early in the season and god forbid-injuries are a possibility. Considering their past history in the playoffs, I see little to no good reason for putting up this thread. There is no reason to think anything will change.
The Mavs ninny who made the Finals prediction will blindly and insanely agree with you, though.
I hope you did state the overwhelmingly vital role that HC plays in the postseason-since that is of crucial importance to you.

SouljahPhil...
12-05-2010, 05:33 AM
lets talk again by may...

_KB24_
12-05-2010, 06:49 AM
I have zero faith in the Mavs and they have underachieved the entire past decade. Every single god damn year. And the funny thing is, as they have collectively gotten better year by year, the way they choke in the playoffs has risen to the occasion as well :laugh2:

Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets, Utah, and OKC would all beat them in a playoff series. Blazers, Hornets, and Suns would have a legit shot considering the level of drop the Mavs sustain in the playoffs.

kArSoN RyDaH
12-05-2010, 06:59 AM
every year all the mavs fans say they have a team that can beat the lakers but they never do. no they can't and no they won't.

dodie53
12-05-2010, 07:24 AM
No, but they have a lot of nice trade chips and could make a move to make themselves a legitimate threat.

in your opnion,
what realistic trade can the mavs do to take them over the top?

heathonater
12-05-2010, 08:04 AM
unless they make a significant trade, i think san antonio, la, and okc are better than dallas right now. with okc and san antonio, i dont see jason kidd slowing down fast pgs parker and westbrook at all.

PennyMy#1
12-05-2010, 08:45 AM
I kinda hope they win it all. Because Dirk really deserves a ring. And, as a german, I really want him to win it all at least once, before he retires ...

SaltyLover
12-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Until they prove otherwise im gonna say no.

king4day
12-05-2010, 09:48 AM
They've never had a center perform the way Chandler is playing. I think if Bynum is hurt, they or the spurs could make it out of the west (based on current play). If Bynum is healthy, there won't be a skip in this record.

Fmaranesi
12-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Nope, good regular season team but the Lakers will own them in the playoffs

Sandman
12-05-2010, 10:16 AM
They might have a decent center now, but that still leaves Dirk to deal with Bynum or Gasol.

Fmaranesi
12-05-2010, 10:16 AM
I kinda hope they win it all. Because Dirk really deserves a ring. And, as a german, I really want him to win it all at least once, before he retires ...

A ring is something you earn , it's not something you deserve.

BlondeBomber41
12-05-2010, 10:19 AM
People associate how the team will do too much on how past teams will do, even though the roster is almost completely flipped.

The Spurs were the better team last year. The Mavs made a major roster move midseason and you could tell in the playoffs they were far from a cohesive unit.

Dirk and Jason Terry are the only true constants from the past Mavs teams, and both of them you can count on in the playoffs, minus last year for Terry. Dirk has always been phenomenal in the playoffs actually.

Nobody in the league can match what the Mavs have at center, outside of Orlando. Tyson Chandler and Brendan Haywood are both top 10 centers in their own right. Always having a very good center in the game is really helping the team.

Dirk has been amazing, like always.

Then you got Caron Butler and Shawn Marion splitting forward time. Not alot of teams in the league can match that depth.

Deshawn Stevenson has more than held down the starting SG spot for Roddy Beabois and his defense will really help off the bench later in the season. The guard rotation of Jason Kidd, Roddy Boubois, Jason Terry and JJ Barea is very deep. The biggest problem is the lack of size, which could end up hurting them.

I think the Mavs will tweak the roster before the deadline and make a move to bring in another big man. Brian Cardinal being the only decent big man off the bench behind Dirk isnt gonna work in the playoffs. It will be a move like the Keith Van Horn move several years back I think. Would be nice to snag a Carl Landry or someone like that.

Anyways, like I was saying, comparing this Mavs teams to how other teams have done in the past is dumb, they aren't the same team. Its just hard to win in the NBA. Thats why it seems the same 4 teams win every damn year.

krest213
12-05-2010, 10:29 AM
nope
Dallas will never win it all
no matter how deep they are

Dirk is not the best PF in the game
his the best Scoring PF in the game
But not the best All around
that tittle goes to Timmy and Pau Gasol(still needs to be a bit harder though)but have longer sac the Dirk

Corey
12-05-2010, 10:36 AM
nope
Dallas will never win it all
no matter how deep they are

Dirk is not the best PF in the game
his the best Scoring PF in the game
But not the best All around
that tittle goes to Timmy and Pau Gasol(still needs to be a bit harder though)but have longer sac the Dirk

...So what? You don't need the best player to win, you need the best team.

The Mavs are deep, and talented. Theres no reason they can't come out of the west if they stay healthy.

PennyMy#1
12-05-2010, 10:47 AM
A ring is something you earn , it's not something you deserve.

Yeah like ... Adam Morrison "earned" it or what ? :facepalm:

NYKSpiritBomb
12-05-2010, 10:48 AM
yeah i think this may be their year

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 10:49 AM
...So what? You don't need the best player to win, you need the best team.

The Mavs are deep, and talented. Theres no reason they can't come out of the west if they stay healthy.

Thank you

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-05-2010, 10:53 AM
People associate how the team will do too much on how past teams will do, even though the roster is almost completely flipped.

The Spurs were the better team last year. The Mavs made a major roster move midseason and you could tell in the playoffs they were far from a cohesive unit.

Dirk and Jason Terry are the only true constants from the past Mavs teams, and both of them you can count on in the playoffs, minus last year for Terry. Dirk has always been phenomenal in the playoffs actually.

Nobody in the league can match what the Mavs have at center, outside of Orlando. Tyson Chandler and Brendan Haywood are both top 10 centers in their own right. Always having a very good center in the game is really helping the team.

Then you got Caron Butler and Shawn Marion splitting forward time. Not alot of teams in the league can match that depth.

Deshawn Stevenson has more than held down the starting SG spot for Roddy Beabois and his defense will really help off the bench later in the season. The guard rotation of Jason Kidd, Roddy Boubois, Jason Terry and JJ Barea is very deep. The biggest problem is the lack of size, which could end up hurting them.

I think the Mavs will tweak the roster before the deadline and make a move to bring in another big man. Brian Cardinal being the only decent big man off the bench behind Dirk isnt gonna work in the playoffs. It will be a move like the Keith Van Horn move several years back I think. Would be nice to snag a Carl Landry or someone like that.

Anyways, like I was saying, comparing this Mavs teams to how other teams have done in the past is dumb, they aren't the same team. Its just hard to win in the NBA. Thats why it seems the same 4 teams win every damn year.

TOP 10 :facepalm:

And Butler and Marion are washed up

Corey
12-05-2010, 10:58 AM
How is Butler washed up? Please feel free to give statistical analysis.

gsgs49
12-05-2010, 11:22 AM

This.A year ago,the starting center was Erick damphier and his backup was Drew gooden (out of his position he's PF).this year,the starting center is tyson chandler and his backup center is Brendon haywood.So there is a little difference i think:rolleyes:And the west isn't stacked like the past 3 years i don't see 8 50+ wins teams this year there will be 5 or 6.So i see them in the wcf this year.But i still think the lakers is too much for them,the only way they can win the west is if Bynum will be injured in the playoffs.

John Walls Era
12-05-2010, 12:01 PM
I fully expect the Mavs to make a move before the trade deadline. Its something they do, I hope they don't though. Statistically speaking this has been their best team.

Hawkeye15
12-05-2010, 12:49 PM
so far, this may be the best team they have had. Pair that with the fact that the Lakers, and Spurs (who are going to be dependant on health, as usual), and this could be the Mavs year out west. The Spurs also don't have the frontcourt depth imo, to make a finals run.

BlondeBomber41
12-05-2010, 01:21 PM
TOP 10 :facepalm:

And Butler and Marion are washed up

How are Butler and Marion washed up? Because they aren't posting All Star numbers they are washed up? You obviously don't actually watch the games, especially Shawn Marion. He is still a very good player, he just has a much different role and playing style that he had in PHX.

And yeah, Top 10. Brendan Haywood, the Mavs backup, would start on most teams in the NBA outside of Orlando, LA, the other LA, Milwaukee, and arguably a few other teams like Utah, Memphis and Chicago. The only reason he is a backup is because Tyson Chandler has been absolutely outstanding this year and took the starting job from Haywood.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-05-2010, 01:30 PM
How are Butler and Marion washed up? Because they aren't posting All Star numbers they are washed up? You obviously don't actually watch the games, especially Shawn Marion. He is still a very good player, he just has a much different role and playing style that he had in PHX.

And yeah, Top 10. Brendan Haywood, the Mavs backup, would start on most teams in the NBA outside of Orlando, LA, the other LA, Milwaukee, and arguably a few other teams like Utah, Memphis and Chicago. The only reason he is a backup is because Tyson Chandler has been absolutely outstanding this year and took the starting job from Haywood.

Centers I would take over Chandler and Haywood in no particular order

M.Gasol
Bynum
Bogut
Biedrins
Shaq
Noah
Howard
Horford
Hibbert
B.Lopez
Jefferson
Okafor
Nene
Biedrins

BlondeBomber41
12-05-2010, 01:50 PM

M.Gasol
Bynum
Bogut
Biedrins
Shaq
Noah
Howard
Horford
Hibbert
B.Lopez
Jefferson
Okafor
Nene
Biedrins

This is a joke right?

Well, for one, you put Biedrins twice... and if you havent noticed, he hasnt been very good for awhile now. He was never worth a damn defensively and his inflated Golden State numbers have even taken a drop.

I forgot Brook Lopez, would take him as well.

Shaq? Ha, no thanks. He would of gladly came to the Mavs this offseason if we wanted him.

Could of traded for Al Jefferson also. Could of swapped Damps contract for him straight up, the deal was on the table. The Mavericks declined it because they wanted a center who played defense... I think they have proven themselves to be right on that. As of yesterday the Mavs were leading the league in several defensive categories and were second in points allowed. Reason behind that is our bigs.

Roy Hibbert? Hell no. He is having a good year, but on a bad team where he is kinda forced to produce. He doesn't bring nearly the defensive intensity or intelligence that Chandler or Haywood bring.

I think you look too much into numbers and not alot into impact and defensive ability. Classic fantasy geek who doesn't have a firm grasp on what actually wins real basketball games. If you think the Mavs or any other team would be better off and more equipped to win a title with Roy Hibbert, Shaq, Andris Biedrins, or even Al Jefferson you're crazy.

Numbers aren't everything. Last year Dwight Howard said that the second best defensive center in the entire league behind himself was Brendan Haywood. Tyson Chandler has always been a great defender and rebounder... defense wins championships, not inflated numbers on awful teams.

Crackadalic
12-05-2010, 02:01 PM
They have the deepest team but they seem to be a team that was suppose to come out of the west for almost 4 years and nothing happen.
Lets see what happens this year come playoff time

Rangerchick
12-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Why don't Mavs fans wait to see if Chandler can actually stay healthy for an entire season for the first time in 3 years before getting all giddy? Not to mention he's a FA after the season and if he proves he can stay healthy he's gone because there'll be tons of teams with lots of cap space that'll be going after him.

Boston Fanatic
12-05-2010, 02:17 PM
yes they are good enough but they are going to have to play with more intensity on defense when it comes to the lakers in the western conference finals...but i think they have all the pieces to win this year

tdunk21
12-05-2010, 02:24 PM
no they are not...they end up loosing to lower seed teams for some reason which is hilarious.....

MFFL==FML
12-05-2010, 02:30 PM

M.Gasol
Bynum
Bogut
Biedrins
Shaq
Noah
Howard
Horford
Hibbert
B.Lopez
Jefferson
Okafor
Nene
Biedrins

Way to add Biedrins twice in an attempt to downplay Dallas' 2-headed monster at the 5 position. Not to mention, you added Biedrins even once is stupid, Shaq and Okafor. :facepalm:

MFFL==FML
12-05-2010, 02:36 PM
no they are not...they end up loosing to lower seed teams for some reason which is hilarious.....

Just like how the Cavs lost to a lower seed the past few years? Just like how the Spurs lost to a lower seed 2 seasons ago? Dude, stfu and realize only one team will be able to win a championship each season. It happens, you do your best to improve, you fail, you try again...

To answer the question, YES, the Mavs are good enough to come out of the West and win it all this year... though the odds are stacked against them, but it has NOTHING to do with past failures in the post-season that ALL but one team faces, it's just because other teams are capable of playing magnificently as well.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Way to add Biedrins twice in an attempt to downplay Dallas' 2-headed monster at the 5 position. Not to mention, you added Biedrins even once is stupid, Shaq and Okafor. :facepalm:

:confused:

Chandler 9ppg 9 rpg
Haywood 4 ppg 5 rpg

MFFL==FML
12-05-2010, 02:59 PM
:confused:

Chandler 9ppg 9 rpg
Haywood 4 ppg 5 rpg

Wow... do you really want me to explain why they are a 2-headed monster at the 5?

I mean, I know stats always look good, and they do matter a bit... but seriously tell me if you're joking so I don't waste my time and inform you why they are...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Wow... do you really want me to explain why they are a 2-headed monster at the 5?

I mean, I know stats always look good, and they do matter a bit... but seriously tell me if you're joking so I don't waste my time and inform you why they are...

Whatever dude...

Chandler is just a decent center and nothing more like haywood himself

healthy bynum and pau will eat them alive

THE GIPPER
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
^^ ha i totally agree. i dont see whats so amazing about chandler and haywood....they're good no doubt but not top 10. oh and add perkins to that list of centers ahead of them

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2010, 03:53 PM
First of all wasn't Roddy B sent to the D league?

Anyway no doubt the Mavs have improved this season, and they do seem more focused on defense. However just because of thier history I don't see this team being a "true contender". Mavericks have had a lot of fantastc regular seasons but then blow it in the playoffs.

Spurs beat the Mavs last year with a gimpy Parker, and this years Spurs are much improved and just as deep. I still think SA ould beat Dallas in a 7 game series. LA if healthy can probably beat both SA and Dallas.

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 04:08 PM
First of all wasn't Roddy B sent to the D league?

Anyway no doubt the Mavs have improved this season, and they do seem more focused on defense. However just because of thier history I don't see this team being a "true contender". Mavericks have had a lot of fantastc regular seasons but then blow it in the playoffs.

Spurs beat the Mavs last year with a gimpy Parker, and this years Spurs are much improved and just as deep. I still think SA ould beat Dallas in a 7 game series. LA if healthy can probably beat both SA and Dallas.

??? We sent Dominique Jones to the D League

Roddy Buckets hasnt played a game yet this year

FlashMacker
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
No, Lakers Spurs and probably Thunder would beat Dallas

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 04:43 PM
No, Lakers Spurs and probably Thunder would beat Dallas

We already beat those teams this season, except the lakers bc we havent played them

Were the only team in the whole league that will get criticized when we have the 1st seed in the west

I think you have to give atleast a lil credit

THE GIPPER
12-05-2010, 05:03 PM
We already beat those teams this season, except the lakers bc we havent played them

Were the only team in the whole league that will get criticized when we have the 1st seed in the west

I think you have to give atleast a lil credit

who cares if the mavs can beat them in the regular season?? winning in the regular season has never been a problem for the mavs... we're talking about whether they can do it when it matters

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
who cares if the mavs can beat them in the regular season?? winning in the regular season has never been a problem for the mavs... we're talking about whether they can do it when it matters

Okay the Thunder hasnt done anything in the playoffs?? They werent an expansion team so we can look at the Sonics/Thunder

He said the thunder could beat us. And your one to talk? The Nuggets are DEF playoff chokers! They have had a top 10 player in the league too ya know

I can agree with Lakers or Spurs fans talking about us but not anyone else in the west honestly

Skizzik
12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid and predicting anything about where we'll finish. However, it's stupid how everyone so blindly assumes the Mavs to be chokers in the playoffs.

2006: First off, who the hell here predicted the Mavs would make the Finals? Go on, prove it. Exactly. How is it choking when you exceed expectations? Then you have Wade shooting more free throws than your entire team. I'm well aware we were up 2-0, so just because Wade and Shaq didn't show up for the first two games, we're the chokers? Where's the proof they aren't the chokers in the first two games? Maybe they were just the better team to begin with or maybe some crazy conspiracy happened. Either way you go, we exceeded expectations that year.

2007: Yes, this was a choke job, no doubt. That being said, the only time we beat the Warriors that year was our final of four games against them. They had our former coach who knew every player on our roster inside and out and around that time, Golden State had always given the Mavs fits. Anyone who actually watched the Mavs going in to that matchup knew it was no lock to win that, despite the difference in records. As I said, there's no writing it off, we shouldn't have lost to such an inferior team, but it's also not nearly as much of a surprise as people act like.

2008: How does a 7th seed choke exactly?

2009: How does a 6th seed who then beats a 3rd seed choke exactly?

2010: There was a 5 game difference between the Mavs and Spurs (and one of those games was while the Spurs rested their players). So a 4 game difference between two 50 win teams...it's an upset in terms of seeding, not in terms of logic.

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Bottom lime, the Lakers and Spurs are the ONLY teams that can criticize us about underachieving in the playoffs since the Mavs existed

Cause I can make the exact case about every other team in the Western Conference

Jazz
Nuggets
Thunder/Sonics
Suns
Hornets
Rockets (Yao Tmac era)
T Wolves (KG era)
Kings (C Webb era)
Blazers

and the rest

jackdawson
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
First Round exit. I know I know they are playing great atm....but we are talking about the mavs, right?

Baller1
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
The Mavs will not come out of the West.

CBCable
12-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid and predicting anything about where we'll finish. However, it's stupid how everyone so blindly assumes the Mavs to be chokers in the playoffs.

2006: First off, who the hell here predicted the Mavs would make the Finals? Go on, prove it. Exactly. How is it choking when you exceed expectations? Then you have Wade shooting more free throws than your entire team. I'm well aware we were up 2-0, so just because Wade and Shaq didn't show up for the first two games, we're the chokers? Where's the proof they aren't the chokers in the first two games? Maybe they were just the better team to begin with or maybe some crazy conspiracy happened. Either way you go, we exceeded expectations that year.

2007: Yes, this was a choke job, no doubt. That being said, the only time we beat the Warriors that year was our final of four games against them. They had our former coach who knew every player on our roster inside and out and around that time, Golden State had always given the Mavs fits. Anyone who actually watched the Mavs going in to that matchup knew it was no lock to win that, despite the difference in records. As I said, there's no writing it off, we shouldn't have lost to such an inferior team, but it's also not nearly as much of a surprise as people act like.

2008: How does a 7th seed choke exactly?

2009: How does a 6th seed who then beats a 3rd seed choke exactly?

2010: There was a 5 game difference between the Mavs and Spurs (and one of those games was while the Spurs rested their players). So a 4 game difference between two 50 win teams...it's an upset in terms of seeding, not in terms of logic.

This forever. Thanks for rational logic.

And LTA is right, too, about only two fanbases in the West being able to talk ish, Lakeshow and Spurs. Everybody else is in the exact same boat.

Mavrix
12-05-2010, 06:45 PM
This forever. Thanks for rational logic.

And LTA is right, too, about only two fanbases in the West being able to talk ish, Lakeshow and Spurs. Everybody else is in the exact same boat.

Stay humble. We know this is our year, let the doubters hate.

drobe86
12-05-2010, 07:18 PM
At this point, people are just bringing up history to take away from what's improtant NOW. Who cares about how we did 2,3,4 years ago in the playoffs? Bottomline, is beat us this year.. And you can't. I don't care who it is they will have to deal with us in 2010. We beat teams night in, night out, back to back, on the road, whatever. And talk about choke jobs, hell the Jazz have been contenders since sloans been there and they've never won a ring. And they had 2 hall of famers

mrblisterdundee
12-05-2010, 07:22 PM
They never seem to have the wherewithal to win it with Dirk Nowitzki at the head. Maybe they should trade away some of that stacked roster for a true leader, someone who can make Dirk seem like Pau Gasol on the Lakers.

AddiX
12-05-2010, 07:25 PM
I like what the Mavs do a lot.

Somehow they always have a super talented team. And if it doesn't work they get rid of a few guys and bring in some new guys. Yet they never seem to be stuck with un-wanted players.

The only reason they may not make it out of the west is the Spurs or Suns. All 3 teams are really good, and it's too early to favor one team over another.

LeBitteNoir
12-05-2010, 07:39 PM
No. Dallas is mediocre among the elite teams. Maybe they make it to the West finals. But no further.

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 07:42 PM
No. Dallas is a mediocre team. Maybe they make it to the West finals. But no further.

I'm not gonna bash you, but have you watched the NBA?

Were one game behind 1st in the west, were on a 9 game winning streak (go check who we beat in the streak)

THat's why NBA.com has a poll saying who is the best team in the NBA? (Celtics, Spurs, Mavs, other)

If we were mediocre we wouldnt even be on the list

drobe86
12-05-2010, 07:45 PM
No. Dallas is mediocre among the elite teams. Maybe they make it to the West finals. But no further.

You don't watch NBA basketball... You're an idiot.

Baller1
12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
:laugh2:

Deja Vu anyone?

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 08:12 PM

Deja Vu anyone?

Please tell me what the Thunder/Sonics have done since the Mavs existed?

I wanna hear this :)

Baller1
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Please tell me what the Thunder/Sonics have done since the Mavs existed?

I wanna hear this :)

I thought this was a thread about the Mavericks. And what does OKC have to do with deja vu?

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 08:19 PM
I thought this was a thread about the Mavericks. And what does OKC have to do with deja vu?

Exactly, how you gonna criticize the Mavs when you can't take the criticism? We've been way more successful than your franchise since the Mavericks were established

Only Lakers and Spurs fans can talk from the western conference

Baller1
12-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Exactly, how you gonna criticize the Mavs when you can't take the criticism? We've been way more successful than your franchise since the Mavericks were established

Only Lakers and Spurs fans can talk from the western conference

Anyone can criticize the Mavs because we do this every year, and every year it's the same results.

And no, the Mavs have not been more successful than the Seattle Sonics.

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Anyone can criticize the Mavs because we do this every year, and every year it's the same results.

And no, the Mavs have not been more successful than the Seattle Sonics.

Wow.

But wait, yall have been more successful according to you right? BUT YALL HAVE NOT WON A CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE THE MAVS BEEN ESTABLISHED!!! So wouldnt that make your franchise a bigger choker

hahaha but you think we are, thats funny

THE GIPPER
12-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Okay the Thunder hasnt done anything in the playoffs?? They werent an expansion team so we can look at the Sonics/Thunder

He said the thunder could beat us. And your one to talk? The Nuggets are DEF playoff chokers! They have had a top 10 player in the league too ya know
I can agree with Lakers or Spurs fans talking about us but not anyone else in the west honestly

Did i mention ANYTHING about the nuggets in this thread? did i say the thunder could beat the mavs? no i didnt. all i said was the mavs havent done anything in the playoffs recently.

Baller1
12-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Did i mention ANYTHING about the nuggets in this thread? did i say the thunder could beat the mavs? no i didnt. all i said was the mavs havent done anything in the playoffs recently.

That's their defense against us, bringing up irrelevant concepts.

Chronz
12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
This thread confirms my theory, Mavs fans are always loudest during the regular season

KnicksorBust
12-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Wow.

But wait, yall have been more successful according to you right? BUT YALL HAVE NOT WON A CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE THE MAVS BEEN ESTABLISHED!!! So wouldnt that make your franchise a bigger choker

hahaha but you think we are, thats funny

Off-topic: Wow, you are acting like a child.

On-topic: Yes, of course they are good enough. They have the best center tandem they've ever had. They have plenty of defense on the wings. They have a go-to scorer. Energy and scoring off the bench. The ingredients are there. Unfortunately the Spurs and Lakers (despite a meaningless losing streak) are looking as strong as ever and I actually really like the Jazz this season as well.

LTBaByyy
12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Off-topic: Wow, you are acting like a child.

On-topic: Yes, of course they are good enough. They have the best center tandem they've ever had. They have plenty of defense on the wings. They have a go-to scorer. Energy and scoring off the bench. The ingredients are there. Unfortunately the Spurs and Lakers (despite a meaningless losing streak) are looking as strong as ever and I actually really like the Jazz this season as well.

I know!! The spurs are killing me :( haha

The year were finally dominant at the BEGINNING of the year

They are even better, and right now they are beating NOH by 18

iggypop123
12-05-2010, 09:57 PM
am i the only perosn who thinks cuban is stupid for refusing to trade roddy for only pepople named bryant and lebron? i mean iggy is out there from philly from the taking offer butler and roddy and improve your team.

JordansBulls
12-05-2010, 10:15 PM
am i the only perosn who thinks cuban is stupid for refusing to trade roddy for only pepople named bryant and lebron? i mean iggy is out there from philly from the taking offer butler and roddy and improve your team.

Does trading Butler for Iggy really improve them? Have you seen Iggy this season?

210Don
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
i dont think they can come out the west BUT whoever gets the 1st seed will have HUGE advantage in the playoffs because they wont have to face 3 great teams just one i hope to god the spurs have the 1st seed because it would be a easy ride to the finals
while the lakers and mavs beat each other up i still think spurs & LA in 6 against the mavs maybe 5 they just will never get it done.

Avenged
12-05-2010, 10:58 PM

Deja Vu anyone?

Definitely. Different day, same ****.

The Mavs just need to earn their respect in the playoffs, not in the regular season. This is the best Mavs team they've had though, and if they choke again, well at least we can say "we told you so"..

210Don
12-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Definitely. Different day, same ****.

The Mavs just need to earn their respect in the playoffs, not in the regular season. This is the best Mavs team they've had though, and if they choke again, well at least we can say "we told you so"..

they said that last year to.and the spurs beat them 4-1 made em look lik a 8 seed.the only difference is chandler and i would not rely on chandler in the playoffs im sorry but hes playing out of his mind right now i really dont see him keepin this up.

CBCable
12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
That's their defense against us, bringing up irrelevant concepts.

Bringing up playoff series from 4 years ago is just as much an irrelevent concept.

drobe86
12-06-2010, 12:35 AM
they said that last year to.and the spurs beat them 4-1 made em look lik a 8 seed.the only difference is chandler and i would not rely on chandler in the playoffs im sorry but hes playing out of his mind right now i really dont see him keepin this up.

That series was actually 4-2 but the teams were very evenly matched. How can anyone consider that a choke job when both teams were within 5 wins of each year?

drobe86
12-06-2010, 12:39 AM
At the end of the day, people just bring up the Mavs playoff failures because that's all they can really say. 10x 50 wins is outstanding accomplishment, and we haven't had anywhere near a complete team over the course of the last 10 years. The truth is nothing we have done previously means anything in the 2010-2011 season. I challenge Mavs fans to stay patient and keep believeing. We are clearly the best team in the NBA right now, as evidenced by who we've beaten, how we've beaten them, and the margin of victory. PSD fans can bring up 2006 -2009 all you want, it has no bearing on what happens in the playoffs this year, and any real fan would know that.... I'll see everybody in june

210Don
12-06-2010, 12:43 AM
That series was actually 4-2 but the teams were very evenly matched. How can anyone consider that a choke job when both teams were within 5 wins of each year?

your right spurs were up 3-1 i believe but only mav fans care about one game lol jk...
but everyone thought that team we beat last year was the best team the mavs ever had and many picked the mavs to win but we were better and teh mavs cant guard george hill hes the x factor.

210Don
12-06-2010, 12:45 AM
At the end of the day, people just bring up the Mavs playoff failures because that's all they can really say. 10x 50 wins is outstanding accomplishment, and we haven't had anywhere near a complete team over the course of the last 10 years. The truth is nothing we have done previously means anything in the 2010-2011 season. I challenge Mavs fans to stay patient and keep believeing. We are clearly the best team in the NBA right now, as evidenced by who we've beaten, how we've beaten them, and the margin of victory. PSD fans can bring up 2006 -2009 all you want, it has no bearing on what happens in the playoffs this year, and any real fan would know that.... I'll see everybody in june

hopefully well all be here in june unfortunately the mavs will not the lakers will prolly knock them out if the spurs dont spurs will get their 5th ring ths year spurs are best nba team thus far and are 17-3 facts....

drobe86
12-06-2010, 12:45 AM
your right spurs were up 3-1 i believe but only mav fans care about one game lol jk...
but everyone thought that team we beat last year was the best team the mavs ever had and many picked the mavs to win but we were better and teh mavs cant guard george hill hes the x factor.

I mean the Spurs rested their players down the stretch, something we couldn't do as we were jockying for position. that won't happen this year simply because our record is going to be so good, that will we have that luxury. We're on a 9 game win streak, and are beating teams in many different ways. We'll see come june, but we're trending upward while your team is steady. See you in june

210Don
12-06-2010, 12:50 AM
I mean the Spurs rested their players down the stretch, something we couldn't do as we were jockying for position. that won't happen this year simply because our record is going to be so good, that will we have that luxury. We're on a 9 game win streak, and are beating teams in many different ways. We'll see come june, but we're trending upward while your team is steady. See you in june

lol we didnt rest our players we needed every win we could get it hurt us eventually thats why the spurs arent giving any games away this year. plus we are just better tbh we should be 20 & 0
the hornets beat us because we started slow and had a late comeback but couldnt get it done
against the mavs we shot horrible yet almost won & same thing vs clippers
20 & wasnt far fecthed

drobe86
12-06-2010, 12:54 AM
I guess.... we beat you on your home floor and we didn't play our best ball either. That being said we will finish ahead of the spurs lol... And you can take that to the bank

210Don
12-06-2010, 01:01 AM
I guess.... we beat you on your home floor and we didn't play our best ball either. That being said we will finish ahead of the spurs lol... And you can take that to the bank

no you will not i dont see the spurs losin more then 15 games this year how many will the mavs lose do you think?

FlashMacker
12-06-2010, 01:10 AM

Dude the Mavs played the Nuggets in the playoffs in 2009 and lost to them. If they played the Nuggets in the playoffs this year (if melos there) I think Denver would beat them again. And for the Thunder it was their first trip to the playoffs last year with Durant and they lost to the eventual champs. But to say they did nothing is ridiculous. They gave the Lakers a challenging first round and if it wasn't for Gasol in game 6 there would have been a game 7.

Valkyrie
12-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Same **** every year with them no one in the west is close to LA and they will cruise to the finals yet again and at least the next 2-3 years /thread over kbye

210Don
12-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Same **** every year with them no one in the west is close to LA and they will cruise to the finals yet again and at least the next 2-3 years /thread over kbye

lol no....

Baller1
12-06-2010, 01:14 AM

What's great about finishing ahead of the Spurs if they just kick your ***** in the first round?

I mean, I don't get it. Literally every single season, we get this exact thread saying this is the year; no, it's not. The Mavs are choke artists and until proven otherwise, they will remain that way as long as this same core is still intact.

Valkyrie
12-06-2010, 01:15 AM
lol no....

lol no....

justinnum1
12-06-2010, 01:32 AM
What's great about finishing ahead of the Spurs if they just kick your ***** in the first round?

I mean, I don't get it. Literally every single season, we get this exact thread saying this is the year; no, it's not. The Mavs are choke artists and until proven otherwise, they will remain that way as long as this same core is still intact.

:nod:

Baller1
12-06-2010, 01:38 AM

I agree with David.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 04:35 AM
no you will not i dont see the spurs losin more then 15 games this year how many will the mavs lose do you think?

Ha, so you think the Spurs will win at least 67 games. Are you freaking high?

What has made you so confident in this? Is it the mediocre schedule that the Spurs have feasted on so far? Or the two nail biters that you barely squeaked out against the Minnesota Timberwolves? Maybe it was the loss to the Clippers?

The Spurs will win 55ish games this year, but no way they win 67.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 04:39 AM

They beat us last year in the playoffs, but we beat them the two times we played them in the playoffs before last year (2006,2009).... in general since 2005 the Mavs have had the Spurs number. Your "they will just lose to the Spurs like every other year" thing you got going is just plain ignorant and void of actually logic.

The Mavs are missing one of their best players and still went into San Antonio and ended the Spurs 12 game winning streak last week. There is no fear of the Spurs, at all. They beat a team last year that was still practically new to each other. This year is far from the same.

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:31 AM
They beat us last year in the playoffs, but we beat them the two times we played them in the playoffs before last year (2006,2009).... in general since 2005 the Mavs have had the Spurs number. Your "they will just lose to the Spurs like every other year" thing you got going is just plain ignorant and void of actually logic.

The Mavs are missing one of their best players and still went into San Antonio and ended the Spurs 12 game winning streak last week. There is no fear of the Spurs, at all. They beat a team last year that was still practically new to each other. This year is far from the same.

im sorry if you think the spurs are afraid of the mavs they are not sorry no rings for yall... and id be shocked if the spurs dont win 60 games.the mavs will prolly end up with 55 wins. point is they wont come out the west.

funny that you pointed out we only have three losses that we should have won.... 20 & 0 should be our record but i am not complaining who were the mavs missing???? haywood? is 1 of there best players! lmao
we dont have james anderson yet either according to your logic Hes a all star!!! if haywood is a good player lol!!!

Two-3
12-06-2010, 05:35 AM
I'm gunna go with a no, and also add that I PERSONALLY don't think they'll be winning titles any time soon and also think Dirk will never win a title with Dallas, again that's just my OPINION on the subject.

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm gunna go with a no, and also add that I PERSONALLY don't think they'll be winning titles any time soon and also think Dirk will ever win a title with Dallas, again that's just my OPINION on the subject.

very smart opinion.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 06:16 AM
im sorry if you think the spurs are afraid of the mavs they are not sorry no rings for yall... and id be shocked if the spurs dont win 60 games.the mavs will prolly end up with 55 wins. point is they wont come out the west.

funny that you pointed out we only have three losses that we should have won.... 20 & 0 should be our record but i am not complaining who were the mavs missing???? haywood? is 1 of there best players! lmao
we dont have james anderson yet either according to your logic Hes a all star!!! if haywood is a good player lol!!!

You must be like 12 years old huh? You certainly talk and have the knowledge of a 12 year old.

To start, yes, Brendan Haywood is a very good center and better than anything the Spurs have at center... but he wasn't who I was talking about.

I was talking about Rodrigue Beaubois, who is slated to be our starting SG and who is a badass. Instead we are starting Deshawn Stevenson, who may not even have a job in the NBA if it wasn't for the fact he had another year on his contract. He has been a pleasant surprise, but he is no Roddy Buckets, to say the least. When we get him back, we get alot better.

I know you probably have no clue who I'm talking about, so here is some clips to help you get to know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RouOHtIVvg0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eNw1XKVDg

As far as the Spurs winning 60+ games... yeah right. They rode a hot streak to a good start, but won't substain it the entire season. They are basically the same team from last year... only older.

JayW_1023
12-06-2010, 06:38 AM
^^^

The difference is RJ is playing like RJ again, which changes alot.

Skizzik
12-06-2010, 07:00 AM
In this thread: Too many people who watch ESPN for anything they know about the Mavs and so many of them are ignorant fools making comments about stuff they have no clue on. Like I said in my previous post, I'm not here to make any predictions or even answer the question, but seriously, there are a lot of dumb comments that just sound like the only thing most PSD posters do is watch ESPN and use ESPN's opinions of the Mavs to make their judgments for them. ESPN, even in the Mavs good years, have never liked the Mavs.

Minimal
12-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Just fact:
Dallas scoring margin is +5.85

For example others teams have (All are title contenders):
Spurs +8.95
Boston +8.80
Lakers +8.85
Miami +8.38
Orlando +7.25

Dallas shoudn't have the record they have right now.
They pulled out a lot of lucky games with 10- points games. e.g just look last game against Sac town, they won it with 2 points lead. Heat and Lakers are complete opposites to them.

By the end of the season they won't have that great record, people think they will.
And in the playoffs, they will choke prolly in 1st or 2nd round imo as always.
I mean Dallas fans, knowing how your team performed a couple of last years, you should just stay quiet and don't say anything about winning the chamionship. And only when they prove they are capable of winning championship, you can homer them up as much as u want.

kdspurman
12-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Ha, so you think the Spurs will win at least 67 games. Are you freaking high?

What has made you so confident in this? Is it the mediocre schedule that the Spurs have feasted on so far? Or the two nail biters that you barely squeaked out against the Minnesota Timberwolves? Maybe it was the loss to the Clippers?

The Spurs will win 55ish games this year, but no way they win 67.

Only a Mavs fan will look at the regular season so closely. But the mavs losing at home to memphis? losing at home after holding a double figure lead in the 4th to the bulls? And your talking about the spurs beating the wolves? who cares how they did it a win is a win. that loss to the clippers, stuff happens. And i wouldnt quite call the spurs schedule mediocre.

Do i think they win 67 games? nope, not at all. maybe 55-60. Are the mavs good enough to come out the west? Probably. Theyve been good enough since 2003 and only did it once. Chandler is injury prone, and imo Dallas does not have a consistent 2nd option. If Dirk is cold who will have the ball? No one knows.....

Their defense is solid thus far. But i see no post presence and no consistent 2nd option. And please dont say roddy b is that cause that's just crazy. Yes he's talented, but obviously they can win without him. When he returns that could mess up their current chemistry they have.

Baller1
12-06-2010, 10:06 AM

I'm completely ignorant? Try this, show me where I said "they would lose to the Spurs like every other year". You don't know what you're saying, but nice try.

Baller1
12-06-2010, 10:09 AM

Mavs fans saying there's no way the Spurs sustain a great record despite the fact that they've owned the past decade; yet the same fans are *****ing about people saying the Mavs won't do any thing even though the Mavs have proved they're not going to do anything in the playoffs. Love it.

LeQuit James
12-06-2010, 10:23 AM
god dammmmmm its to early to judge. Its like asking, will Barack Obama save the United States from recession. Only time will tell. Will the world end in 2012.. Only time will tell. Will the Cavaliers win the Championship this season. Hell ya!!!!

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 10:37 AM
god dammmmmm its to early to judge. Its like asking, will Barack Obama save the United States from recession. Only time will tell. Will the world end in 2012.. Only time will tell. Will the Cavaliers win the Championship this season. Hell ya!!!!

But Obama did get the US out of recession

Were just in big debt now

JayW_1023
12-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Mavs fans think their title chances depend on Rodrigue Beaubois? A second year player who had a brief hot streak last year and is rehabbing from a broken foot?

Maybe I'm the sceptic here, but Beaubois is no Parker or Manu last time I checked. And when the Mavs beat us last week they had an unreal shooting outing from Dirk. Which won't happen four times out of seven.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm completely ignorant? Try this, show me where I said "they would lose to the Spurs like every other year". You don't know what you're saying, but nice try.

The guy said "We will finish ahead of the Spurs" and your reply was "What's great about finishing ahead of the Spurs if they just kick your ***** in the first round?"

How that isnt saying we will just lose to the Spurs is confusing to me... and is indeed completely ignorant because you are assuming we will lose to a team that in general we have been better than the last several years, minus last year.

JayW_1023
12-06-2010, 12:44 PM
If Cuban doesn't shake up this line-up The Mavs have a chance to contend. But he has to be patient this time and let this team gell further.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Just fact:
Dallas scoring margin is +5.85

For example others teams have (All are title contenders):
Spurs +8.95
Boston +8.80
Lakers +8.85
Miami +8.38
Orlando +7.25

Dallas shoudn't have the record they have right now.
They pulled out a lot of lucky games with 10- points games. e.g just look last game against Sac town, they won it with 2 points lead. Heat and Lakers are complete opposites to them.

By the end of the season they won't have that great record, people think they will.
And in the playoffs, they will choke prolly in 1st or 2nd round imo as always.
I mean Dallas fans, knowing how your team performed a couple of last years, you should just stay quiet and don't say anything about winning the chamionship. And only when they prove they are capable of winning championship, you can homer them up as much as u want.

Oh point differential is such a bunch of ********. The Heat are high up on the list because they blow out awful teams and lose to good teams. Its a totally misleading stat in most cases. The Mavs have beat every top team in the NBA they have played this season, thats what matters.

thedfactor
12-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I would say the Spurs and Lakers would rather face anyone else in the playoffs outside the Mavericks. Dallas matches up well against both. Only problem is Dallas has NEVER made it far enough to play the Lakers, and struggle with other teams like the Hornets, Nuggets, and even the Thunder would give us trouble in a 7-game series.

For Dallas to really have a strong chance to make it deep into the playoffs they will need a legit second scoring option which lacks at the moment.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Mavs fans think their title chances depend on Rodrigue Beaubois? A second year player who had a brief hot streak last year and is rehabbing from a broken foot?

Maybe I'm the sceptic here, but Beaubois is no Parker or Manu last time I checked. And when the Mavs beat us last week they had an unreal shooting outing from Dirk. Which won't happen four times out of seven.

Nobody said our chances depend on him, just that he is a key player to our team that even without we are 16-4.

Dirk wont have to shoot lights out every game to beat the Spurs. Other players will play better. Its not like the only way the Mavs can beat the Spurs is if Dirk goes 12 of 14 from the floor... we have proven that in the past.

Baller1
12-06-2010, 01:27 PM
I would say the Spurs and Lakers would rather face anyone else in the playoffs outside the Mavericks. Dallas matches up well against both. Only problem is Dallas has NEVER made it far enough to play the Lakers, and struggle with other teams like the Hornets, Nuggets, and even the Thunder would give us trouble in a 7-game series.

For Dallas to really have a strong chance to make it deep into the playoffs they will need a legit second scoring option which lacks at the moment.

Thank you for the honesty, it's about time. I agree, if RB comes back healthy, he might be able to become that second option, or perhaps Butler steps up. Unfortunately Kidd just can't score the way he used to, but luckily his high incredibly basketball IQ allows for him to remain very productive.

JordansBulls
12-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I like the way the Mavs are bringing in Terry and Marion off the bench for firepower.

daleja424
12-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Oh point differential is such a bunch of ********. The Heat are high up on the list because they blow out awful teams and lose to good teams. Its a totally misleading stat in most cases. The Mavs have beat every top team in the NBA they have played this season, thats what matters.

actually Point differential is statistically a better indicator of playoff success than W-L is. Also blowing out bad teams is a better indicator of success then beating good teams. The stats prove that. We have had entire threads about those topics.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Dallas doesn't NEED someone to step up and be a true number 2... if they have good contributions from guys like Butler, Marion, Terry, Kidd, Roddy, Tyson, Haywood, and JJ they can do it without a true #2.

Just would be nice to see someone step up and become that guy.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
actually Point differential is statistically a better indicator of playoff success than W-L is. Also blowing out bad teams is a better indicator of success then beating good teams. The stats prove that. We have had entire threads about those topics.

So the Heat can beat the Sixers, Raptors, and Cavs by 25 points and lose everytime they play a good team, and that is a better indicator of success in the future... as opposed to the Mavs who have beaten the Nuggets, Heat, Spurs, Thunder, Hornets, Jazz and Celtics this year but dont have as good as a point differential?

I don't buy that at all.

daleja424
12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
So the Heat can beat the Sixers, Raptors, and Cavs by 25 points and lose everytime they play a good team, and that is a better indicator of success in the future... as opposed to the Mavs who have beaten the Nuggets, Heat, Spurs, Thunder, Hornets, Jazz and Celtics this year but dont have as good as a point differential?

I don't buy that at all.

That is indeed what the stats say. The stats were compiled for all the playoff teams since the merger and the team with more blowouts of bad teams actually won the playoff series more often than the team with more quality wins.

Also, a similar compilation was done of all playoff teams to look at point differential vs W-L record. This time differential was a better indicator of who would win the series than regular season record was.

Those are just the facts.

Hunter48MVP
12-06-2010, 01:53 PM
No even close. Mavericks will choke in the playoffs again. Everybody knows that.

Baller1
12-06-2010, 01:56 PM
That is indeed what the stats say. The stats were compiled for all the playoff teams since the merger and the team with more blowouts of bad teams actually won the playoff series more often than the team with more quality wins.

Also, a similar compilation was done of all playoff teams to look at point differential vs W-L record. This time differential was a better indicator of who would win the series than regular season record was.

Wow, I didn't know that. Do you have a link by chance?

daleja424
12-06-2010, 01:59 PM

check out the stats forum. I posted the link to one of those studies in there a while back. Ill look around though.

Baller1
12-06-2010, 02:04 PM
check out the stats forum. I posted the link to one of those studies in there a while back. Ill look around though.

Alright cool. Thanks.

OGMarkWahlberg
12-06-2010, 02:12 PM
no...the mavericks always hav an amazing regular season record and blow it in the playoffs dirk is the softest big man in the nba he will never win a ring

daleja424
12-06-2010, 02:13 PM
as far as the W-L vs point differential argument.... the internet is littered with articles. Just search around and you will find several.

Chronz
12-06-2010, 02:40 PM
LOL if PT/EFF differential are misleading than W/L tallies are even worse. Refer to the stats forum for an explanation on why.

PS Werent you the one who was telling me it was BS when I told everyone and their mom that the Spurs should be favored last year despite their win-loss record?

Chronz
12-06-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544496

Not what he was talking about but here is every series where SRS and Win-Loss records have disagreed on who to favor. The results are staggering

Baller1
12-06-2010, 02:54 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544496

Not what he was talking about but here is every series where SRS and Win-Loss records have disagreed on who to favor. The results are staggering

Cool, thanks.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2010, 02:56 PM
as far as the W-L vs point differential argument.... the internet is littered with articles. Just search around and you will find several.

I don't buy the point differential argument

e.g last years cavaliers

KingPosey
12-06-2010, 03:15 PM

Doesnt make it any less true.

Chronz
12-06-2010, 03:35 PM

e.g last years cavaliers

Thats not the point, the point is its better than Win-Loss record

e.g last years Cavaliers

daleja424
12-06-2010, 04:18 PM

e.g last years cavaliers

It is simply a BETTER indicator than W-L... never did I claim it was a perfect...or even good indicator.

There are more counter examples against W-L than there are point differential...

Draco
12-06-2010, 04:22 PM
It is simply a BETTER indicator than W-L... never did I claim it was a perfect...or even good indicator.

There are more counter examples against W-L than there are point differential...

so point differential is a better indicator than W-L but SOS, not so much?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15777575&postcount=145

drobe86
12-06-2010, 04:29 PM

Problem is, none of that really matters. Anybody can make stats look like whatever you want it to look like. Point differential and all that is substantial. When the teams line up on the court and play 48 minutes thats all that matters. We can beat anybody, anytime, and anywhere, and I think we've shown that. Once we punish the lakers I can't wait to here what excuses PSD fans make for that...

tbone2171
12-06-2010, 04:31 PM
too early. they dont even have beabouis yet. the lakers if healthy are pretty much a lock to get out of the west anyways.

Not happening this year

kobebabe
12-06-2010, 04:36 PM
NO. They have always being a good regular season team that can put together long stretches of winning streaks but sucks during playoffs. They remind me of the cleveland last several seasons.....

drobe86
12-06-2010, 04:37 PM
NBA fans just keep hating and posting and bringing up past playoff failures as if that has anything to do with this coming season. Meanwhile we'll just dropping your teams *** off lol... See you in June haters....

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 04:50 PM
LOL if PT/EFF differential are misleading than W/L tallies are even worse. Refer to the stats forum for an explanation on why.

PS Werent you the one who was telling me it was BS when I told everyone and their mom that the Spurs should be favored last year despite their win-loss record?

I cant remember if I was, but if I was, I still stand by it. There was no reason for the Spurs to be favored last year. The Mavs had played better going into the playoffs, had homecourt advantage, and looked like the superior team. Your obvious hate for everything Mavericks is more the reason why you always pick against them, not some stat that the Mavericks themselves have overcome twice in the playoffs, just based off your thread that you linked.

It showed the Mavs/Jazz and Mavs/Spurs 2008 as examples of the Mavs beating that stat, but I would bet that in 2006 they beat it when they played the Spurs as well. I would also bet that in 2007 when the Warriors beat the Mavs, they beat that stat.

210Don
12-06-2010, 04:51 PM
NBA fans just keep hating and posting and bringing up past playoff failures as if that has anything to do with this coming season. Meanwhile we'll just dropping your teams *** off lol... See you in June haters....

the past does matter its called TRENDS.... lol

I cant remember if I was, but if I was, I still stand by it. There was no reason for the Spurs to be favored last year. The Mavs had played better going into the playoffs, had homecourt advantage, and looked like the superior team. Your obvious hate for everything Mavericks is more the reason why you always pick against them, not some stat that the Mavericks themselves have overcome twice in the playoffs, just based off your thread that you linked.

It showed the Mavs/Jazz and Mavs/Spurs 2008 as examples of the Mavs beating that stat, but I would bet that in 2006 they beat it when they played the Spurs as well. I would also bet that in 2007 when the Warriors beat the Mavs, they beat that stat.

and the mavs only won in 2006 because the refs helped them and 2009 we were so beat up that team didnt have a chance splitter is better than haywood and mcdyess is better than chandler bonner is a better shoot than anybody on the mavs roster hes the new horry lol hes a beast were stacked at center

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 04:55 PM
the past does matter its called TRENDS.... lol

and the mavs only won in 2006 because the refs helped them and 2009 we were so beat up that team didnt have a chance splitter is better than haywood and mcdyess is better than chandler bonner is a better shoot than anybody on the mavs roster hes the new horry lol hes a beast were stacked at center

You shouldnt talk anymore just bc of what you said.

I have the outmost respect for the Spurs if you look at my previous post but what you just said = :facepalm:

Especially the Bonner part, Dirk is wayyyyyyyy better shooter than Bonner, how many shots doesnt Bonner take? 4 a game lol

210Don
12-06-2010, 04:57 PM
You shouldnt talk anymore just bc of what you said.

I have the outmost respect for the Spurs if you look at my previous post but what you just said = :facepalm:

Especially the Bonner part, Dirk is wayyyyyyyy better shooter than Bonner, how many shots doesnt Bonner take? 4 a game lol

i meant to say other than dirk & 4 shots a game will kill you in the playoffs dirk is ridiculous with the shooting everyone knows hes the best shooting big man ever.

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 05:01 PM
i meant to say other than dirk & 4 shots a game will kill you in the playoffs dirk is ridiculous with the shooting everyone knows hes the best shooting big man ever.

Okay, I was about to say

And still if you ask anyone on PSD they will tell you:

Chandler > McDyess
Haywood > Splitter

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Okay, I was about to say

And still if you ask anyone on PSD they will tell you:

Chandler > McDyess
Haywood > Splitter

chandler is taller. thats it
if dyess was starting hed have the same numbers as chandler and is a better mid range jump shooter hes automatic from there but were saving him for teh playoffs against the lakers and splitter if he started hed prolly avg 11 & 8 hes a beast way better than haywood
but i would like to see who the board thinks are better.
i dont know if many know about splitter but he should be starting by end of season and blair is a better rebounder than both

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 05:08 PM
if dyess was starting hed have the same numbers as chandler and is a better mid range jump shooter hes automatic from there but were saving him for teh playoffs against the lakers and splitter if he started hed prolly avg 11 & 8 hes a beast way better than haywood
i dont know if many know about splitter but he should be starting by end of season and blair is a better rebounder than both

Your being a homer lol

You really think Splitter is better than Chandler and McDyess better than Haywood

Have you seen the mavs this year? Even people that hates the Mavs will tell you that your wrong

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Your being a homer lol

You really think Splitter is better than Chandler and McDyess better than Haywood

Have you seen the mavs this year? Even people that hates the Mavs will tell you that your wrong

i really do i have seen the mavs play more than a few times chandler is not as good as he playing your being a homer if splitter played as much as chandler his numders would be better than chandler

blacknell
12-06-2010, 05:16 PM
yes I think so and if they can fill that void of a big Sg who can create his own shot they will be very dangerous. It would be nice if they could trade butler for someone like vince carter they would be favorites

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:17 PM
on another not im sure you mavs fans remember my avatar with that meltdown???

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2010, 05:21 PM
yes I think so and if they can fill that void of a big Sg who can create his own shot they will be very dangerous. It would be nice if they could trade butler for someone like vince carter they would be favorites

:facepalm:

twoearl
12-06-2010, 05:21 PM
They're a contender until May rolls around.

^^^ This.

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 05:23 PM

You know Roddy Buckets is our SG right that does that stuff?

He isnt back yet

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2010, 05:27 PM
You know Roddy Buckets is our SG right that does that stuff?

He isnt back yet

he's basically a rookie and he's only 6'0''

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
if dyess played he avg 10 & 6 thats not bad but like i said hes being rested therefore you think hes done far from the truth he looks rejuvenated

Seriously kid, you are making yourself look really silly.

You think Tiago Splitter, a guy who has done jack **** in the NBA, is better than Tyson Chandler.... a guy who alot of people think can make the All Star team this year and has anchored the Mavs defense.

Then you think Antonio McDyess is better than Brendan Haywood? Why, because he can shoot better? Brendan Haywood as a starter averages a double double, and is one of the best defensive centers in the entire league. Like I said in a earlier post, Dwight Howard called Haywood the best defensive center in the league behind himself.

I'm almost convinced by your basketball knowledge and your writing skills that you are 12 or 13 years old and just one of those posters that enjoys arguing even though what he says makes no sense and isn't backed up by any real logic.

Baller1
12-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Seriously kid, you are making yourself look really silly.

You think Tiago Splitter, a guy who has done jack **** in the NBA, is better than Tyson Chandler.... a guy who alot of people think can make the All Star team this year and has anchored the Mavs defense.

Then you think Antonio McDyess is better than Brendan Haywood? Why, because he can shoot better? Brendan Haywood as a starter averages a double double, and is one of the best defensive centers in the entire league. Like I said in a earlier post, Dwight Howard called Haywood the best defensive center in the league behind himself.

I'm almost convinced by your basketball knowledge and your writing skills that you are 12 or 13 years old and just one of those posters that enjoys arguing even though what he says makes no sense and isn't backed up by any real logic.

Yet when we logically conclude that the Mavs can't pull it together in the playoffs, you scrutinize it. Sounds quite hypocritical to me, no?

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Yet when we logically conclude that the Mavs can't pull it together in the playoffs, you scrutinize it. Sounds quite hypocritical to me, no?

He's back from his lunch break, back to Mavs hating

That's all he does, he talks about the mavs more than the Thunder

and says the same stuff, we are the best team in the league (latest NBA power rankings) and he still criticizes

Its what the thread is about, we get it! But you say the same stuff over and over just to bash the mavs, we heard you the first post

drobe86
12-06-2010, 05:38 PM

Dude Mcdyess isn't on the same planet as Chandler. Chandlers taller, 10x more athletic, Idk why im even arguing. Mcdyess is a role player... Chandler is a franchise Center....

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM

thank you bro only a mavs fan think that tyson chandler would be a savior. that's why you will never win with cuban and dirk because one is stupid and the other is soft just accept it.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM
he's basically a rookie and he's only 6'0''

Basically a rookie? Correct me if I'm wrong... but he was a rookie last year, this would be his second year.... so how is he basically a rookie? Is Tyreke Evans basically a rookie? Its his second year also.

His size doesn't mean much, we have Jason Kidd at PG who is a big PG so Kidd guards the bigger guy and Roddy would guard the other teams PG. It has shown to create more matchup problems for the other team than it ever created for the Mavericks.

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Dude Mcdyess isn't on the same planet as Chandler. Chandlers taller, 10x more athletic, Idk why im even arguing. Mcdyess is a role player... Chandler is a franchise Center....

LMAO WOW!!! only a mavs fan...

drobe86
12-06-2010, 05:42 PM

Problem is your arguments aren't logical. You talk about past playoffs which have nothing to do with this season. It's like you are stuck in a time machine and don't know that we are 20 games into a new season. You should be worried about why your Thunder are middle of the road and aren't meeting expectations. We are the best team in the NBA in 2010.... Deal with it

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Basically a rookie? Correct me if I'm wrong... but he was a rookie last year, this would be his second year.... so how is he basically a rookie? Is Tyreke Evans basically a rookie? Its his second year also.

His size doesn't mean much, we have Jason Kidd at PG who is a big PG so Kidd guards the bigger guy and Roddy would guard the other teams PG. It has shown to create more matchup problems for the other team than it ever created for the Mavericks.

yes if gettin beating of the dribble and being shot over is guarding then he can definitely do that.If your relying on j kidd to guard anyone thats a losing philosophy.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 05:43 PM

There is no logic in the stuff you say about the Mavs being destined to screw up in the playoffs.

The only true constants of the past Mavs teams on this current one are Dirk and Jason Terry, and they are usually our most reliable playoff performers. Other than that, its a completely different team with a completely different identity. To compare this one to past ones and try to say they will finish the same way is the very definition of illogical.

210Don
Problem is your arguments aren't logical. You talk about past playoffs which have nothing to do with this season. It's like you are stuck in a time machine and don't know that we are 20 games into a new season. You should be worried about why your Thunder are middle of the road and aren't meeting expectations. We are the best team in the NBA in 2010.... Deal with it

i didnt know yall had the best record. i could have sworn the spurs were 17 & 3 isnt that better than 16 & 4

drobe86
LMAO WOW!!! only a mavs fan...

I mean we just played 2 weeks ago and we beat the Spurs and convincingly

Baller1
He's back from his lunch break, back to Mavs hating

That's all he does, he talks about the mavs more than the Thunder

and says the same stuff, we are the best team in the league (latest NBA power rankings) and he still criticizes

Its what the thread is about, we get it! But you say the same stuff over and over just to bash the mavs, we heard you the first post

Of course, and the Bulls fans think I only talk about the Bulls; and the Lakers fans think I only talk about the Lakers. This is an opinionated site aimed at initiating discussion. Just because I (and many others) feel the Mavs are choke artists come playoff time, doesn't mean my only aim on this site is to bash the Mavs.

I say the same stuff over and over? How ironic.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2010, 05:44 PM

lmfao

210Don
There is no logic in the stuff you say about the Mavs being destined to screw up in the playoffs.

The only true constants of the past Mavs teams on this current one are Dirk and Jason Terry, and they are usually our most reliable playoff performers. Other than that, its a completely different team with a completely different identity. To compare this one to past ones and try to say they will finish the same way is the very definition of illogical.

i cant lie terry is clutch even tho he is a dirt player.

drobe86

Amen.....

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:45 PM
I mean we just played 2 weeks ago and we beat the Spurs and convincingly

wow bro yall mavs fans got some mental problems you probably wont get out the second round GET REAL! :facepalm:

drobe86
12-06-2010, 05:46 PM
i didnt know yall had the best record. i could have sworn the spurs were 17 & 3 isnt that better than 16 & 4

And who said anything about the best record? I said we were the best team. Why am I arguing even Hollinger said we were the best team....

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 05:46 PM
yes if gettin beating of the dribble and being shot over is guarding then he can definitely do that.If your relying on j kidd to guard anyone thats a losing philosophy.

What are you talking about? J KIdd plays good defense on SG's

and you dont think Chandler is a franchise center this year than your crazy

cause if he was on the Spurs he would be your franchise center

He is the reason why we are a top 5 defense this year!

You look in the past toooooo much, T Mac must be good then

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:47 PM
And who said anything about the best record? I said we were the best team. Why am I arguing even Hollinger said we were the best team....

OMG!!! john hollinger????
well you should have said that before he knows all lets just stop the nba season and give the mavs there first nba chip! lmao:clap:

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 05:47 PM

Once again, you have no idea what you are talking about. The Mavs have the second best defense in the NBA this season with Kidd starting and playing good man to man defense. He has lost a step but more than makes up for it with his knowledge of how to play defense.

Seriously, just stop. You don't know what you are talking about.

Baller1
12-06-2010, 05:48 PM

Jesus. Last season, you guys strung together a 13 game win streak after your trade with Washington and everyone said that EXACT same thing. "This is a new team", "it's different now", etc. Yet the outcome was the same.

How is it not logical to conclude that the Mavs will choke? Did the majority of the site all get together and decide to band together against the Mavs? No, it's called deductive reasoning based of logic and prior knowledge. And the deductive reasoning leads to the majority believing this season is no different.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

Hollinger had utah as a WC champions last year, look what happened lol

210Don
Once again, you have no idea what you are talking about. The Mavs have the second best defense in the NBA this season with Kidd starting and playing good man to man defense. He has lost a step but more than makes up for it with his knowledge of how to play defense.

Seriously, just stop. You don't know what you are talking about.

stop being a homer you know he cant guard manu or george hill or even tony parker lmao you seriously think the mavs can stop any one of those guys?

mavs fans.....:facepalm:

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Jesus. Last season, you guys strung together a 13 game win streak after your trade with Washington and everyone said that EXACT same thing. "This is a new team", "it's different now", etc. Yet the outcome was the same.

How is it not logical to conclude that the Mavs will choke? Did the majority of the site all get together and decide to band together against the Mavs? No, it's called deductive reasoning based of logic and prior knowledge. And the deductive reasoning leads to the majority believing this season is no different.

absolutely the bandwagon was rolling last year and got beaten by the spurs in 1st round... they had the beast team ever last year same thing different day

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 05:50 PM
well you should have said that before he knows all lets just stop the nba season and give the mavs there first nba chip! lmao:clap:

Yep we have an underage child in here

Us Mavs fans were giving the Spurs and Lakers respect in here

Idk why your bashing for the fun of it

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2010, 05:51 PM

so true

too bad that math geek doesn't decide who wins the championship and who don't :laugh2:

Baller1
12-06-2010, 05:51 PM

Seriously...

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Yep we have an underage child in here

Us Mavs fans were giving the Spurs and Lakers respect in here

Idk why your bashing for the fun of it

im sorry im not bashing im not a kid how old are you?? i been watching the since 1998 now i know that aint a long time im 19 but i do know my history..
the history is spurs 4 rings mavs O

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 05:53 PM

How many championships has the THunder/sonics got since the Mavs were established???? Exactly.

YOU HAVE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROOM TO TALK.

And yall had more success than us right??? THose were your words

Your team has choked way more than the mavs

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Seriously...

these mavs fans are crazy they have the nerve to call other people childish when there team has done absolutely nothing in the playoffs EVER....
why should we think this year would be different....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
How many championships has the THunder/sonics got since the Mavs were established???? Exactly.

Why are we talking about the sonics?:confused:

Baller1

Again, we're talking about the Mavs. Not the Sonics.

LTBaByyy
im sorry im not bashing im not a kid how old are you?? i been watching the since 1998 now i know that aint a long time im 19 but i do know my history..
the history is spurs 4 rings mavs O

What does that have to do with this year or this thread??

I guess the bulls are better than the spurs this year then since were going by rings

drobe86
12-06-2010, 05:56 PM
these mavs fans are crazy they have the nerve to call other people childish when there team has done absolutely nothing in the playoffs EVER....
why should we think this year would be different....

Your 19 so that explains how immature you are... I'm done arguing with you. The Spurs are an ok team, but considering the fact that we just beat you on your home floor 2 weeks ago coming off a back to back. I'm not impressed bro....

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Why are we talking about the sonics?:confused:

WHy arent you asking that guy why is he bringin up the Spurs?

And bc that baller dude criticizes the mavs every thread

but the Sonics/Thunder has more succes than the mavs according to him and they have had 0 championships since the Mavs established so he has no reason to talk, bc that would be choking more than us if they had more success than us with no rings since we came into the NBA

He says the same stuff over and over

drobe86
12-06-2010, 05:58 PM
This is like some history thread because all people want to do is talk about last year and previous years. We are 20 games into a new season lol... Tell your favorite teams to beat us now.......

210Don
12-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Your 19 so that explains how immature you are... I'm done arguing with you. The Spurs are an ok team, but considering the fact that we just beat you on your home floor 2 weeks ago coming off a back to back. I'm not impressed bro....

dont worry were just like you when we couldnt beat the lakers...
but we had duncan and you have dirk.... aww how sad lol

210Don
12-06-2010, 06:00 PM
This is like some history thread because all people want to do is talk about last year and previous years. We are 20 games into a new season lol... Tell your favorite teams to beat us now.......

on dec 30 well see how bad the spurs beat you guys i say 20 at least 10

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 06:02 PM
dont worry were just like you when we couldnt beat the lakers...
but we had duncan and you have dirk.... aww how sad lol

ill bet a thousand dollars cash straight up that your a virgin

your so immature, its sad.

210Don
12-06-2010, 06:03 PM

lmao only virgins call people virgins please talk about what you know not what you think....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2010, 06:03 PM

c'mon that's childish

drobe86
12-06-2010, 06:06 PM

I'll believe it when I see it... Because when we beat you we hardly played a good game. Honestly out west our only competition may be the Jazz. The Lakers have flamed out and look awful. OKC had all the hype but they are middle of the road. The Spurs have looked good, but they looked average when we played em. I mean who else is there? New Orleans flamed out. They started out killing people and I haven't seen or heard from them since.... The Mavs are on a 9 game winning streak and they're clearly trending up. The Celtics are the only team that really looks comparable to the Mavs, and we already beat them. Orlando I guess but then they got beat by a terrible Bucks team..... I've said it before and I'll say it one last time. See you in June.....

Baller1
12-06-2010, 06:08 PM
What does that have to do with this year or this thread??

I guess the bulls are better than the spurs this year then since were going by rings

Yet you're bringing up the Sonics. Stop contradicting yourself.

210Don
I'll believe it when I see it... Because when we beat you we hardly played a good game. Honestly out west our only competition may be the Jazz. The Lakers have flamed out and look awful. OKC had all the hype but they are middle of the road. The Spurs have looked good, but they looked average when we played em. I mean who else is there? New Orleans flamed out. They started out killing people and I haven't seen or heard from them since.... The Mavs are on a 9 game winning streak and they're clearly trending up. The Celtics are the only team that really looks comparable to the Mavs, and we already beat them. Orlando I guess but then they got beat by a terrible Bucks team..... I've said it before and I'll say it one last time. See you in June.....

wow i couldnt read any further i hate the lakers as much as anyone else but they have won 2 straight chips at least give them there respect a champions heart is unmatched..

JordansBulls

Dallas won in San Antonio already this year.

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 06:09 PM
c'mon that's childish

Im actually being dead serious lol

I have gave the Lakers and Spurs the most respect in this thread go look at all my post saying those are the only fans that can talk in the western conference but NOT BASH, thats childish

and he disrespects the mavs just to bash w/o any good reasons when its a new year and we beat them this year

The Pistons finally silenced the NBA fans about calling them chokers when they went to all those conference finals and finals then finally won

So im not worried at all

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Dallas won in San Antonio already this year.

Thank you.:clap:

drobe86
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
wow i couldnt read any further i hate the lakers as much as anyone else but they have won 2 straight chips at least give them there respect a champions heart is unmatched..

Yea they won 2 straight championships in 2008 and 2009 SEASONS. What are they doing in 2010? Losing to garbage teams like the Rockets and Pacers lol... They went on a 4 gm losing streak and what's funny is of the 4 they lost too only the Jazz will make the playoffs.

210Don
12-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Im actually being dead serious lol

I have gave the Lakers and Spurs the most respect in this thread go look at all my post saying those are the only fans that can talk in the western conference but NOT BASH, thats childish

and he disrespects the mavs just to bash w/o any good reasons when its a new year and we beat them this year

The Pistons finally silenced the NBA fans about calling them chokers when they went to all those conference finals and finals then finally won

So im not worried at all
you seriously didnt just compare your team to those pistone they didnt have sheed when they went to those conference finals when they traded for sheed half way threw the 03 04 season it put them over the hump i really doubt chandler is your sheed im sorry.
and im not bashing your just talking nonsense please.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 06:13 PM

It was a different team, but it was still a team that was brand new to itself and needed time. There is a reason why NBA teams hold training camps, it gives the teams to figure out what they need to do. They are needed, and now they have had one. Throwing two starters into your starting lineup midseason and then not winning in the playoffs isn't choking, its common sense.

Then throw in the fact that Erick Dampier has been replaced by Tyson Chandler, which is a HUGE difference, and this team is alot different. Having Tyson and Brendan Haywood down low has made a huge difference, as evident by the opponents scoring and FG% so far this year against the Mavs.

Opponents FG %
Last year: 47.9 (15th in the league)
This year: 43.1% (2nd in the League)

Opponents PPG
Last year: 99.3 (15th in the league)
This year: 92.2 (3rd in the league)

In fact, actual NBA logic would say there is a far greater chance the Spurs flame out than the Mavs. The Spurs give up 98 PPG and their opponents are shooting 46%, which is pretty awful. Luckily for them they are scoring the ball at a high rate, but I don't that continues all season.

The "deductive reasoning" you are using is that because its the same franchise the results will be the same, like the Mavs are somehow cursed to fail... while totally ignoring the fact its basically a brand new team and whatever happened in 2003-2009 has no bearing on this current group of players.

210Don
12-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Yea they won 2 straight championships in 2008 and 2009 SEASONS. What are they doing in 2010? Losing to garbage teams like the Rockets and Pacers lol... They went on a 4 gm losing streak and what's funny is of the 4 they lost too only the Jazz will make the playoffs.

it is the regular season....only a mavs fan will care this much about the regular season you alls ignorance is bliss

210Don
12-06-2010, 06:15 PM
It was a different team, but it was still a team that was brand new to itself and needed time.

Then throw in the fact that Erick Dampier has been replaced by Tyson Chandler, which is a HUGE difference, and this team is alot different. Having Tyson and Brendan Haywood down low has made a huge difference, as evident by the opponents scoring and FG% so far this year against the Mavs.

Opponents FG %
Last year: 47.9 (15th in the league)
This year: 43.1% (2nd in the League)

Opponents PPG
Last year: 99.3 (15th in the league)
This year: 92.2 (3rd in the league)

In fact, actual NBA logic would say there is a far greater chance the Spurs flame out than the Mavs. The Spurs give up 98 PPG and their opponents are shooting 46%, which is pretty awful. Luckily for them they are scoring the ball at a high rate, but I don't that continues all season.

The "deductive reasoning" you are using is that because its the same franchise the results will be the same, like the Mavs are somehow cursed to fail... while totally ignoring the fact its basically a brand new team and whatever happened in 2003-2009 has no bearing on this current group of players.

threw 20 games......

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 06:15 PM
you seriously didnt just compare your team to those pistone they didnt have sheed when they went to those conference finals when they traded for sheed half way threw the 03 04 season it put them over the hump i really doubt chandler is your sheed im sorry.
and im not bashing your just talking nonsense please.

That's funny bc if Chandler was on the Spurs, he would start.

I bet yall offer him a contract in the summer

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2010, 06:16 PM

Who the **** cares on whom we lost in the regular season!

last season we lost twice to the clippers and one was a blowout, does that mean we are not the best team in LA???

Regular season doesn't mean jack for LA, but it seems it does for Mavs, maybe cuban and his team should concentrate more to postseason performance.

drobe86
12-06-2010, 06:17 PM
it is the regular season....only a mavs fan will care this much about the regular season you alls ignorance is bliss

You have to play the regular season to get to the playoffs. If you suck it up now how will you make the playoffs? The playoffs aren't here yet so all we can go by is the regular season....

210Don
12-06-2010, 06:18 PM

last season we lost twice to the clippers and one was a blowout, does that mean we are not the best team in LA???

Regular season doesn't mean jack for LA, but it seems it does for Mavs, maybe cuban and his team should concentrate more to postseason performance.

regular season for some reason is where the mavs love to earn there respect opposite to nba champions. where the regular season means nothing.

drobe86
12-06-2010, 06:19 PM

Stop talking about last year. It doesn't matter..... So tell me this how can we concentrate on postseason performance and that's 5 months away? How can you make the playoffs if you don't play well in the regular season? I challenge you to answer me those questions....

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 06:20 PM
He ignores me hahaha

210 Don ignores me!! lol

blacknell
12-06-2010, 06:20 PM
With Chandler at Center this is the best team dallas has ever had. Now they hafve somebody who can play downlow and is athletic enough to actually block shots and run the court and we aren't being dominated in the post any more.

210Don
12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
That's funny bc if Chandler was on the Spurs, he would start.

I bet yall offer him a contract in the summer

this??? lol yeah well offer him a small contract and bait the mavericks to give him 10 mill over 3 years lmao!! another overpaid center.

LTBaByyy
12-06-2010, 06:22 PM
With Chandler at Center this is the best team dallas has ever had. Now they hafve somebody who can play downlow and is athletic enough to actually block shots and run the court and we aren't being dominated in the post any more.

Thank you!

That guy realllllllly thinks Chandler wouldnt start at center over Dejuan Blair with the Spurs

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Stop talking about last year. It doesn't matter..... So tell me this how can we concentrate on postseason performance and that's 5 months away? How can you make the playoffs if you don't play well in the regular season? I challenge you to answer me those questions....

:confused::confused::confused:

yes it does matter lol

I know that our laker team can lost to a bunch of crappy teams but still kick *** in the playoffs.

We have a playoff spirit, the thing that mavs lack.

210Don
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM
ahh im done with yall... spurs lakers thunder & jazz could all beat mavs in playoffs probably even a 8th seed lol

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 06:26 PM
threw 20 games......

They threw 20 games? Where did they throw them?

I think you meant through, and 20 games is a 1/4 of the season. Its a pretty good sample size.

Chronz
12-06-2010, 06:31 PM
I cant remember if I was, but if I was, I still stand by it. There was no reason for the Spurs to be favored last year. The Mavs had played better going into the playoffs, had homecourt advantage, and looked like the superior team
Yea Im pretty sure it was you, sounds like the same flawed reasoning. They only played better going into the playoffs if you measure them by a less accurate barometer than mine.

Your obvious hate for everything Mavericks is more the reason why you always pick against them, not some stat that the Mavericks themselves have overcome twice in the playoffs, just based off your thread that you linked.

Nope it has to do with the stat along with a few others, I dont base my entire predictions of off any 1 stat guy.

LOL the Warriors also beat the expected outcome based on HCA/Win-Loss, the point of the thread was to show series in which they disagreed. The fact that the team WITHOUT HCA won the majority of those series is very telling, and those are just the raw #'s. Please research before critiquing

Problem is, none of that really matters. Anybody can make stats look like whatever you want it to look like. Point differential and all that is substantial. When the teams line up on the court and play 48 minutes thats all that matters. We can beat anybody, anytime, and anywhere, and I think we've shown that. Once we punish the lakers I can't wait to here what excuses PSD fans make for that...
LOL of course anyone can beat anyone, Mavs have seen that firsthand when they lost to the Warriors. It doesnt mean you bet for the least likely outcome.

What you think about PT differential in its variety of forms is irrelevant in the face of overwhelming evidence.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Chronz, the whole point of my post was that in the end that stat means very little. There are examples every year of why that stat means jack squat. Basketball is a game of matchups, not stats. You can have a higher SOS or POS or SOL or BFE or FML or LOL or XOX or TMZ or any other stat you wanna throw out there, but in the end its about how you match up with the team you are playing.

The Spurs are destined to kick our *** in the playoffs if that stat holds true because they score 107 a game and give up 98. I dont know about you, but I'd rather be the Mavs and give up 92 and score 98.... thats more of a indicator of future playoff success (being able to play defense) than any point differential stat.