PDA

View Full Version : How about that Hack-A-Bogut strategy by the Magic?

mrblisterdundee
12-04-2010, 11:58 PM
They used it to full effect; Andrew Bogut missed seven straight, then made three straight. Then Jennings missed three straight - Hack-A-Jennings, what a new and exciting concept. Anything to win, I say. Of course, they didn't win; Vince Carter just chucked up a bunch of bad three-point attempts.

Chacarron
12-05-2010, 12:14 AM
They did not win, so I guess it wasn't used to full effect.

justinnum1
12-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Heat might have to look into this for monday..you saying it was effective?

mrblisterdundee
12-05-2010, 12:23 AM
They did not win, so I guess it wasn't used to full effect.

Full effect doesn't mean that they had to win, smart one. Full effect means that they used it until Andrew Bogut started making free throws, which he made three of in a row before the Magic stopped fouling him. The Magic lost because Milwaukee played good defense, and Dwight Howard wasn't in the game.

jdmd3
12-05-2010, 12:46 AM
It did work. They had multiple chances to get back, but just had no gas left. They didn't win but that was more because Howard, Nelson, Redick, Pietrus, and Anderson was all out and they were playing the second night of a back to back while also playing the 4th game in 5 nights.

VC also wasn't just chuckng up shots. Without him, it wouldn't even be close because he was generating a lot of open looks. A bunch of shots just rimmed out.

iggypop123
12-05-2010, 01:34 AM
his elbow is still doing bad. its painful to see him shoot

Raph12
12-05-2010, 03:10 AM
With Dwight out, the zone was more effective for us than man-defense and hacking Bogut helped us stay in the game late.

hgtiger32
12-05-2010, 03:26 AM
as a bucks fan, i was hoping we would win considering that numerous magic players were out, but i honestly thought magic were gonna find a way to win with hack-a-bogut....but in boguts defense he's still not playing like himself. his elbow is still bothering him and he hasn't been healthy for a full season in awhile...i think thats gonna be his career, he'll play around 65 games and thats a good year

tangent12
12-05-2010, 03:35 AM
Teams should start banging and going after his elbow from opening tip and proceed to use the hack-a-bogus in the 4th. I would do it if I was a coach.

Chacarron
12-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Full effect doesn't mean that they had to win, smart one. Full effect means that they used it until Andrew Bogut started making free throws, which he made three of in a row before the Magic stopped fouling him. The Magic lost because Milwaukee played good defense, and Dwight Howard wasn't in the game.

I beg to differ with your definition of effectiveness.

D Roses Bulls
12-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't think some people realize the magic only had 8 players playing and howard was one of the 4 that was out

Durant is hype
12-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Teams should start banging and going after his elbow from opening tip and proceed to use the hack-a-bogus in the 4th. I would do it if I was a coach.

:clap:

Brew Crew
12-05-2010, 04:01 PM
It's the only way you can stop him so might as well...

Chronz
12-05-2010, 08:54 PM
You have to ask yourself if the 50-50 chance is worth allowing the defense to get set on every possession

drobe86
12-06-2010, 12:47 AM
The Magic lost this game, so I'm not sure how anyone considered it effective.. Slow day in sports uh?